Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LittleFokker
Topic Author

Hope Hicks. President Trump and wife all test positive for COVID

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 am

Hope Hicks, personal advisor to Trump who frequently travels with him in close proximity sans mask, has tested positive. No word yet on Trump plans to self quarantine (here's hoping he does for all of our sakes), and neither of his upcoming rallies have been canceled yet.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... r-covid-19
Last edited by qf789 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title updated for clarity
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

WarRI1

Re: Hope Hicks Tests Positive for COVID

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 am

Boo Hoo!!! What goes around, comes around, they want to play the role of stupid people, too bad for them, they are stupid, or to be polite, not too bright.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

ltbewr

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:44 am

As the saying goes, if you lie with dogs you'll get up with fleas.

casinterest

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:48 am

It is interesting as the reports state she Traveled with Trump on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Wonder if they will have Trump quarantined.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

stl07

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 am

I love when all the anti-maskers test positive. Our governor here in MO just tested positive and spread it to a nursing home
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

cpd

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 am

stl07 wrote:
I love when all the anti-maskers test positive. Our governor here in MO just tested positive and spread it to a nursing home

That's crazy, and irresponsible. If it can be proven the person had some idea of being sick and still went about normal business, then he should be locked up.

casinterest wrote:
It is interesting as the reports state she Traveled with Trump on Tuesday and Wednesday.

They'll have to - it's risky for him. Yes it will be an embarrassment and a stinging u-turn - but it's not simply "a little flu" as the Brazilian leader calls it.

ltbewr

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:24 am

cpd wrote:
stl07 wrote:

That's crazy, and irresponsible. If it can be proven the person had some idea of being sick and still went about normal business, then he should be locked up.

casinterest wrote:

They'll have to - it's risky for him. Yes it will be an embarrassment and a stinging u-turn - but it's not simply "a little flu" as the Brazilian leader calls it.

It isn't just Hicks or Trump, but the 100's of WH staff, Secret Service agents, reporters assigned to the WH, other visitors who are not wearing masks, not practicing social distance, assuming they get tested several times a week who are at terrible risk of infection from Covid-19. Of course they are all following Trumps lack of leadership and ignorance of sound public health practice. All of them may have to go into quarantine for week or more, no travel for 'rallies', meetings - which would be a godsend. It would also be one of the biggest ironies if Trump were to be infected and get ill. Maybe it will lead to a - way too late - 'come to Jesus' moment being very ill, or meeting his maker on the way to Inferno.

stl07

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:32 am

cpd wrote:
stl07 wrote:

There is no rule of law in the US. If you do what Trump likes, then you will be absolved of all crimes, hence the sheriff in AZ that was pardoned. If you, by some chance contradict trump, then you will be blacklisted and loose your reelection if you are a Republican or a phony investigation will be announced against you or you children if you are a Democrat.

He is actually hosting a party at his house for fall before his quarantine expires. Nothing matters anymore when your dear leader has told you to act as though there is no virus
Last edited by stl07 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

Ken777

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:33 am

Incubation time for the virus is 5 to 14 days. That is going to impact Trump's schedule big time.

If he tests positive and is lucky he will just leave the quarantine feeling very tired - maybe for a long time.

If the is not lucky he will end up ij an ICU and maybe even get a ventilator. Odds are pretty slim that he'll he in the unlucky group, but a month in an induced coma would pretty well screw up his relection plans - especially as "Acting President" Pence will be running things.

One simple question - if Trump is in a coma with a. ventalator and then "Acting President" Pence end up in the same position who becomes "Acting President"? The Speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi? :rotfl:

stl07

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:34 am

Ken777 wrote:
Incubation time for the virus is 5 to 14 days. That is going to impact Trump's schedule big time.

If he tests positive and is lucky he will just leave the quarantine feeling very tired - maybe for a long time.

If the is not lucky he will end up ij an ICU and maybe even get a ventilator. Odds are pretty slim that he'll he in the unlucky group, but a month in an induced coma would pretty well screw up his relection plans - especially as "Acting President" Pence will be running things.

One simple question - if Trump is in a coma with a. ventalator and then "Acting President" Pence end up in the same position who becomes "Acting President"? The Speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi? :rotfl:

That would save hundreds of thousands of lives

einsteinboricua

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 am

Ken777 wrote:

That would be the biggest ironies of all...imagine him feeling so ill that he may not debate or continue campaigning personally...there will be three kinds of crowds:

-The "we told you so" crowd...the crowd that will boast that to ignore warnings will lead to getting sick
-The "oh S#!t" crowd...the crowd that will take the virus more seriously and may even change their vote from Trump because he himself caught it as well as dismiss the notion that Biden is feeble and Trump is not (the "strongman" just got brought down by the virus).
-The "so what?" crowd...the crowd that will make Trump a martyr, rally around him and vote for him out of sympathy, regardless of everything else he's done (and will insist that Trump is stronger than ever because he's not dead yet, and that Biden couldn't survive this).

Ken777 wrote:

If Trump becomes seriously ill, then he can "temporarily transfer the duties" of president to Pence. If Trump's health declines immediately where he is not able to willingly transfer the duties, then I believe the Cabinet can assign the duties to Pence temporarily, until he recovers...and if he doesn't, the Cabinet can also declare him unable to discharge the duties and make Pence president.

Of course, if such a scenario were to happen, Pence is fried because we're so close to election. The ballots are all printed and early voting has begun. If the Trump ticket were to win, he'd have to settle being elected VP on election day and wait to see if the EC electors are authorized to change their vote so that Pence is elected President instead of VP in December. And IF that were to happen, we'd be in a true Constitutional crisis...is the Senate required to elect the VP slot given that the Democrat would have failed to reach 270 votes and the GOP electors would not have voted for a GOP nominee (since Pence got promoted to the president vote)? Or would Pence take office without a VP and then appoint one for approval? If the former were to happen, what will the Senate do, given that there would be no GOP candidate but must select from among the top two vote getters (which in this case would be Kamala and maybe the Libertarian?)?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

cpd

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:05 am

Donald Trump and his wife have tested positive for the virus:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/coronav ... 56195.html
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... eef23c6438

I've included both left/right news articles to ensure no allegations of fake news. The order they are listed in isn't in preference to one or the other.

NYCVIE

Trump and Melania test positive for COVID 19

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:09 am

Figured this needed its own thread but its Breaking that Trump and Melania have tested positive and are in quarantine.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0680014849

MaverickM11

Re: Trump and Melania test positive for COVID 19

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:13 am

If they didn't take the test they wouldn't have it.

Frankly I don't think he'd ever admit to having it so I'm guessing this is a setup.
I don't take responsibility at all

tommy1808

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:14 am

cpd wrote:
Donald Trump and his wife have tested positive for the virus:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/coronav ... 56195.html
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... eef23c6438

I've included both left/right news articles to ensure no allegations of fake news. The order they are listed in isn't in preference to one or the other.

Well, even if the reporting is correct, the test result may not be ..... and be made up for Trump to score some sympathy, and get out of follow up debates.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0680014849

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

SL1200MK2

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 am

Hopes and prayers of course. I wonder if his followers still think it’s a hoax. I’m not religious but sometimes...

tommy1808

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:19 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
I wonder if his followers still think it’s a hoax.

of course democratic deep state operators infected him.....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Klaus

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:19 am

Has already hit several million nicer american people, and killed >200000 of them.

Newark727

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:22 am

Two nights after the debate. Could Biden have it too?

SL1200MK2

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:22 am

tommy1808 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
I wonder if his followers still think it’s a hoax.

of course democratic deep state operators infected him.....

best regards
Thomas

If that’s the case, I want to apply to be a deep state agent. I’ll check the DeepState LinkedIn ;)

af773atmsp

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:23 am

If he doesn't get sick that'll encourage his followers not to take this seriously. If he gets sick and perhaps, well, y'know, maybe that'll send a message to people who think COVID is nothing to worry about. Not saying I hope that happens, but it's a slight possibility.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.

ThePointblank

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:24 am

Newark727 wrote:
Two nights after the debate. Could Biden have it too?

Not likely; they were socially distanced, and neither camp had any close interactions. Both also used separate entrances and facilities.

Klaus

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:25 am

Trump has been working on the side of the virus all along, so let's see if the virus is now as loyal to him as Trump is to his minions.

alberchico

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:26 am

So the next debate is cancelled ?
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Tugger

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:30 am

af773atmsp wrote:
If he doesn't get sick that'll encourage his followers not to take this seriously. If he gets sick and perhaps, well, y'know, maybe that'll send a message to people who think COVID is nothing to worry about. Not saying I hope that happens, but it's a slight possibility.

He has multi-million dollar health care and round the clock attention. He'll get IV's, constant doctor's assistance whenever needed. They will both be fine.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Newark727

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 am

alberchico wrote:

We can only hope so, right?

SL1200MK2

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 am

Tugger wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:

He has multi-million dollar health care and round the clock attention. He'll get IV's, constant doctor's assistance whenever needed. They will both be fine.

Tugg

There are cases of perfectly healthy young people getting early care and doing very badly. I can’t say Big Macs and Diet Coke at 200-plus and late 70s is a good starting point. But then, I’m an optimist.
Last edited by SL1200MK2 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

flipdewaf

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 am

Well that’s not great news, I hope for the best outcome for Melania and the best outcome for the US as a nation, whatever that may be.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melpax

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 am

Tugger wrote:

Tugg

You never know with this virus. Remember that Boris Johnson had it, and was touch & go for a time, and he was in an ICU.

Though, as you said, no doubt there will be a full medical team at hand, and an Ambulance on standby in case there's a turn for the worse & ICU treatment is required

NYCVIE

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:52 am

This is so crazy actually. In theory if Trump and Pence have had any contact in the last few days Nancy Pelosi might also have to go into isolation :o

Aloha717200

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:55 am

His hubris is going to come back to haunt him now. The irony of this is astounding.

His supporters sure seem quiet tonight on Twitter....

Newark727

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:56 am

NYCVIE wrote:
This is so crazy actually. In theory if Trump and Pence have had any contact in the last few days Nancy Pelosi might also have to go into isolation :o

I thought it was bad when just Hicks had it, but a lot of D.C. is probably in chaos right now.

SL1200MK2

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:57 am

The real takeaway is that even if it isn’t, you know, that bad, he’ll likely be recovering by the election and likely won’t be in any condition to fight his loss. Hopefully

sierrakilo44

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:08 am

Possible advantages for Trump:

Doesn’t have to suffer two more embarrassing debate performances

Can claim some increase in sympathy vote

If he gets over it quickly he can boast how strong and healthy he is

He could use it to make a dramatic policy shift and take the pandemic seriously, doubt it though

He could put Mike Pence into a prominent campaign role which may swing some voters to the ticket

Less appearances mean less controversial comments.

There’s a chance he could’ve infected Biden too, there was enough hot air coming out of his mouth he could’ve infected the whole room

Possible disadvantages for Trump:

Biden gets a big “health” boost (assuming he remains negative)

Trump can’t attend rallies being cheered on by his supporters, the only real positive he’s getting at the moment

Trump has no chance to appear more presidential and serious at the next debate at least

Makes all his previous COVID statement look ridiculous (although those who think that have known it for a long time)

Biden gains the schadenfreude vote

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:16 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Boo Hoo!!! What goes around, comes around, they want to play the role of stupid people, too bad for them, they are stupid, or to be polite, not too bright.

I want to feel sympathetic, but she also is the genius behind 45's gassing of crowds and making an appearance with the bible at St John's this past June.
Well, you know what they say. Whatever doesn't kill you...
... Must not be an MD-11.

stl07

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:21 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
If they didn't take the test they wouldn't have it.

Frankly I don't think he'd ever admit to having it so I'm guessing this is a setup.

gets him out of the debate

flyingclrs727

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:27 am

Newark727 wrote:
alberchico wrote:

We can only hope so, right?

Or as people were suggesting yesterday, the candidates could be locked in sound proof booths.

vrbarreto

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:37 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
Hopes and prayers of course. I wonder if his followers still think it’s a hoax. I’m not religious but sometimes...

It's quite possible that Hope gave it to him.. Will he be trying his suggested cures?

Francoflier

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:43 am

Aloha717200 wrote:
His hubris is going to come back to haunt him now. The irony of this is astounding.

Careful what you wish for...
If he walks out of it with no or only slight symptoms it would only empower him to pursue his "it's just a flu, nothing to see here" narrative.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Ken777

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:44 am

I believe that point one is Trump's general health - which ain't good. Start with his age and then add on his weight. He is classified morbidly obese, which ain't good for Covid-19. He may have a light case, which will keep him in quarantine for 14 days and then another few weeks to rehab.

A bad case would be in the hospital and, worst case, a medical coma in order to use a ventilator. With over 200,000 deaths in this country it is realistic to say that Trump maybe a very difficult time of it. And he may not make it to Nov 3rd. I actually hope that doesn't happen, but Is would like to see him get really sick like so many Americans have suffered through.

The First Lady should do better than Trump. She's younger and in far better shape.

This pandemic has been brutal on this country and has now turned to the Administration. One can oy hope for the best.

On the other side of the coin, link for millions of words on the political issue.

sierrakilo44

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 am

flyingclrs727 wrote:
Or as people were suggesting yesterday, the candidates could be locked in sound proof booths.

Perfect, then the moderator can just mute Trump remotely when it isn't his turn.
Last edited by sierrakilo44 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

sierrakilo44

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:50 am

USAF E-6B TACAMO nuclear command aircraft have been scrambled and are now orbiting off the West and East Coasts of the US

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/statu ... 44/photo/1

EDIT: Sorry US Navy E-6B's scrambled, used to command ballistic nuclear missile submarines.

cpd

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:09 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
USAF E-6B TACAMO nuclear command aircraft have been scrambled and are now orbiting off the West and East Coasts of the US

EDIT: Sorry US Navy E-6B's scrambled, used to command ballistic nuclear missile submarines.

You do know how alarmist that sounds?

He will probably get through this without much bother - despite be so fat and unfit. Sorry to Mr Trump, but he isn’t in greatest shape.

Maybe he will now take it more seriously.

Waterbomber2

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:11 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:

Does Covid show up on the radar? Can fighter jets carry bleach and chloroquine missiles?

vrbarreto

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:24 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

Does Covid show up on the radar? Can fighter jets carry bleach and chloroquine missiles?

SS-18.. Covid-19.. What's the difference? Anyway he will have the best treatment possible so no chance of him being denied the best treatment possible..

jetwet1

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 am

Aloha717200 wrote:

Reality has an amazing ability to run up and punch you in the face......

sierrakilo44

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:32 am

vrbarreto wrote:

SS-18.. Covid-19.. What's the difference? Anyway he will have the best treatment possible so no chance of him being denied the best treatment possible..

Totally. Of course he won't be denied the best treatment possible, what do you think he is, an ordinary US citizen with a private insurance healthcare plan? He'll be pumped full of any actual Covid treatment that works, and be put on a ventilator the microsecond the doctors say so if he needs it.

14 days later if he's fine he makes a massive campaign rally appearance, tells the world "trust me, no one defeats Covid like me, I defeated it better than anyone else in the world" and he also grabs the advantage of not embarrassing himself at anymore debates. It's the best strategy he can hope for at the moment.

scbriml

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:32 am

Well, if he actually has it, I wish him (and of course Melania) a full recovery.

A cynic might suggest it's a very convenient time to contract it.

melpax wrote:
You never know with this virus. Remember that Boris Johnson had it, and was touch & go for a time, and he was in an ICU.

It was "touch and go" in Johnson's own words. He was moved to ICU as a precaution and he wasn't ill enough to need a ventilator. Draw your own conclusions as to how touch and go that really was.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

vrbarreto

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:

Totally. Of course he won't be denied the best treatment possible, what do you think he is, an ordinary US citizen with a private insurance healthcare plan? He'll be pumped full of any actual Covid treatment that works, and be put on a ventilator the microsecond the doctors say so if he needs it.

14 days later if he's fine he makes a massive campaign rally appearance, tells the world "trust me, no one defeats Covid like me, I defeated it better than anyone else in the world" and he also grabs the advantage of not embarrassing himself at anymore debates. It's the best strategy he can hope for at the moment.

He fought it off so well that his antibodies are going to be used for a global cure..

Warning.. Trump antibody cure (tm) may increase likelihood of you going orange, spouting racist nonsense, shouting and also ranting on twitter..

Arion640

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 am

scbriml wrote:
Well, if he actually has it, I wish him (and of course Melania) a full recovery.

A cynic might suggest it's a very convenient time to contract it.

melpax wrote:

It was "touch and go" in Johnson's own words. He was moved to ICU as a precaution and he wasn't ill enough to need a ventilator. Draw your own conclusions as to how touch and go that really was.

BJ said he came very close to being sedated needing a ventilator.

I wish the President of the United States a full and speedy recovery.