Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Revelation
Topic Author
Posts: 25007
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:12 pm

If Tom Hanks and the NBA shut down was arguably the start of wave 1 of COVID-19 in the US, perhaps Trump in the hospital and postponement of the KC-NE game is the start of Wave 2.

Ref: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/13 ... 2260716549
Ref: https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1312422344267378689
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
Tiredofhumanity
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:27 pm

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:22 am

I think the whole "wave" thing is a bit pointless. This plague has become endemic and will probably never go away - I doubt even the next season will be normal at this point with this never ending mess.
 
User avatar
flyingclrs727
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:44 am

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:11 am

If I owned an NFL team, I would try to get everyone in the organization into COVID-19 studies. Considering the amount of travel they do and the potential for exposure they would be ideal test subjects.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 6726
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 am

OTOH, it’s a sport where young, healthy individuals who are least likely to die from COVID are most likely to suffer injuries that will cripple or mentally damage them for life. Not need to worry about football players, the game is enough damage.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 12463
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:10 am

Revelation wrote:
If Tom Hanks and the NBA shut down was arguably the start of wave 1 of COVID-19 in the US, perhaps Trump in the hospital and postponement of the KC-NE game is the start of Wave 2.

Ref: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/13 ... 2260716549
Ref: https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1312422344267378689



I think everyone is becoming complacent. Their are big pushes to open businesses and schools as quite frankly the economy is on the edge without any stimulus.

Now we have people moving around and trying to be normal, and it turns out this Virus is still out there ,and as Trump is proving, every bit as dangerous as before.

I think we will be heading to lockdowns again in Mid October as the Virus gets more out of hand than it was.

On the other hand, Trump's recent push to the hospital may finally convince a lot of people that have been spreading the disease to mask up.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15468
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:02 pm

casinterest wrote:
Revelation wrote:
If Tom Hanks and the NBA shut down was arguably the start of wave 1 of COVID-19 in the US, perhaps Trump in the hospital and postponement of the KC-NE game is the start of Wave 2.

Ref: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/13 ... 2260716549
Ref: https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1312422344267378689


I think everyone is becoming complacent. Their are big pushes to open businesses and schools as quite frankly the economy is on the edge without any stimulus.
Now we have people moving around and trying to be normal, and it turns out this Virus is still out there ,and as Trump is proving, every bit as dangerous as before.
I think we will be heading to lockdowns again in Mid October as the Virus gets more out of hand than it was.
On the other hand, Trump's recent push to the hospital may finally convince a lot of people that have been spreading the disease to mask up.


I suspect and long believed that the NFL season for 2020 was not going to last long. There are too many variables to allow for control of spread of iCovid-19 unlike the successful efforts and ability that allowed the end of the NHL season, the NBA making it to the finals and baseball with a good chance to have its World Series championship series.

Indeed we are entering a '2nd Wave', although there wasn't much of a dip from the 1st in many areas of the world and very uneven from the initial one. Return of people to schools, colleges, the huge financial and economic need to open up restaurants and other indoor public areas has likely all combined to lead to the rise in infections, hospitalizations and deaths in many parts of the USA and the world.
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Revelation wrote:
If Tom Hanks and the NBA shut down was arguably the start of wave 1 of COVID-19 in the US...

Whilst in no way wishing to hijack this thread, perhaps a glance across the water to Europe will reassure some people?
After all, we have usually been somewhat ahead of the USA. :duck:

In Europe, the other football game {soccer} is now four weeks into it's season, mostly behind closed doors, with "fake" crowd noises providing "oohs" and "aahs" as the goalkeeper saves another scuffed shot.

It's all good apart from the breaking news that the (Italian) Juventus squad is in isolation after two staff fail Covid-19 tests.
But they still expect to play tomorrow (Sunday). And this is the only declared problem amongst hundreds (thousands?) of teams across Europe.

There have also been international soccer matches, both at team and national level.
Indeed there are another round of full international matches due thru' next weekend.

At the risk of suffering the "commentators curse", so far it has all gone relatively smoothly, despite a background of "second wave" amongst the general population of most European countries.
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 2273
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Most of our stadiums are empty with pumped in crowd noise. Some aren’t.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Topic Author
Posts: 25007
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: NFL Quarterback Cam Newton Positive For COVID-19: Wave 2?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:49 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
OTOH, it’s a sport where young, healthy individuals who are least likely to die from COVID are most likely to suffer injuries that will cripple or mentally damage them for life. Not need to worry about football players, the game is enough damage.

Not all the young and healthy types get a pass: https://www.mlb.com/news/eduardo-rodrig ... -19-ordeal

casinterest wrote:
On the other hand, Trump's recent push to the hospital may finally convince a lot of people that have been spreading the disease to mask up.

The irony is they all complained about 'freedom', now their generalissimo and his moll are confined to a hospital.

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Whilst in no way wishing to hijack this thread, perhaps a glance across the water to Europe will reassure some people?
After all, we have usually been somewhat ahead of the USA. :duck:

The FT CV19 web site ( https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?ar ... lues=cases ) suggests while the US had been ahead most of the way, the EU has caught up in new cases and it's now a tie. I was going to say 'dead heat' but that would be tasteless. I suppose some of that artificial crowd noise in the form of a 'boo' would be appropriate.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alias1024, lentokone, masi1157, phatfarmlines, sevenheavy and 50 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos