Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sebolino
Topic Author

Trump saved by cells taken from fetal cells

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Finally, it's not a so bad, it's even a "miracle coming down from God" according to him.
One more evidence of his hypocrisy, in case it was necessary ... But it's maybe just pure ignorance. Or both.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/1 ... -abortion/

vrbarreto

Re: Trump saved by cells taken from fetal cells

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:30 pm

sebolino wrote:
Finally, it's not a so bad, it's even a "miracle coming down from God" according to him.
One more evidence of his hypocrisy, in case it was necessary ... But it's maybe just pure ignorance. Or both.

He probably didn't have a clue what was in it but some of his base are not going to be happy....

Reinhardt

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Whilst the rest of the modern world shrugs about the use of stem cells (regulated of course), the self imposed worlds best "Democracy" (see the other thread since it seems you don't have that) and shining beacon of "hope" and technology is still hung up on aborton and what is life.

sierrakilo44

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:08 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
He probably didn't have a clue what was in it but some of his base are not going to be happy....

No, his base will ignore it/dismiss it/perform gold medal worthy mental gymnastics to claim that this dead fetus using philanderer who's obviously paid for more than one abortion at some point in his life is the most pro-life candidate in the history of the country.

scbriml

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:26 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
sebolino wrote:

Pro-life heads are imploding as we speak. :lol:

I suppose it could have been worse, they might have been fecal cells. :duck:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

N867DA

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Religious dietary and ethical codes fall by the wayside frequently in the face of death. The benefits are acknowledged, but the religious person's question must be, "at what cost?"

I have no objection to such treatments. I'm just trying to rationalize how a devout person may see the situation. Even Saudi Arabia permits porcine Heparin.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

WarRI1

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:01 pm

scbriml wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
sebolino wrote:

Pro-life heads are imploding as we speak. :lol:

I suppose it could have been worse, they might have been fecal cells. :duck:

This all smells so bad and so hypocritical that they probably could have used Fecal Cells.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Redd

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Oh my, Trump can't fart without someone writing an article about it. Next, if he was in mortal danger due to COVID and this medication saved his life, the news story should be why the hell this miracle COVID-19 cure is not being produced en-mass and administered to all sick patients all around the world?

alfa164

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Redd wrote:
Next, if he was in mortal danger due to COVID and this medication saved his life, the news story should be why the hell this miracle COVID-19 cure is not being produced en-mass and administered to all sick patients all around the world?

The answer would be that research utilizing such fetuses in the USA has been limited by Presidential order. This president's order. That is - if any more explanation is needed - Trump's own administration.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/07/trump-administration-releases-details-fetal-tissue-restrictions

vrbarreto wrote:

"He probably didn't have a clue..." should be the epithet written on his tombstone.

:roll:
Last edited by alfa164 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

WarRI1

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Redd wrote:
Oh my, Trump can't fart without someone writing an article about it. Next, if he was in mortal danger due to COVID and this medication saved his life, the news story should be why the hell this miracle COVID-19 cure is not being produced en-mass and administered to all sick patients all around the world?

Maybe because he has demonstrated that he does not give a damn about anyone else many times over. :sarcastic:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

meecrob

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Its not being mass-produced because it is still in trials and has only been tested on ~250 individuals (including the president). Also it is not a miracle cure. By definition, it cannot be a "cure" as it is a viral infection. It is simply a cocktail of antibodies you take to boost your immune system's performance. Now, if the drug is not fully tested on a large enough slice of the population, there is a high chance that some of those antibodies in the cocktail will react differently in certain people vs. others and might even make them sick. Once people take a "miracle cure" (I'm using the term because Trump said it) and it makes them worse, then the public begins to distrust the treatment and it's essentially useless since we need herd immunity.

bhill

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:39 pm

nope...does not apply to the GOP, same as having a Pool Boy on staff......just like honoring their words aka Graham and Moscow Mitch.
Carpe Pices

Redd

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:32 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Maybe because he has demonstrated that he does not give a damn about anyone else many times over. :sarcastic:

So tell me if I'm right here. You want to hear more news about how bad Trump is, and don't seem to care about the news that there is apparently some COVID-19 super-drug?

And apropos caring, do you really think that any politician actually gives a sh!t about anyone but their own ass?
Last edited by Redd on Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Redd

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:33 pm

alfa164 wrote:
"He probably didn't have a clue..." should be the epithet written on his tombstone.

:roll:

That's actually pretty funny.

tommy1808

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 am

Redd wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Redd wrote:

So tell me if I'm right here. You want to hear more news about how bad Trump is, and don't seem to care about the news that there is apparently some COVID-19 super-drug?

Funny... someone doesn't die from Covid, which even in his age and weight group is the by far most likely outcome to the tune of 95% or so without experimental treatment, and one of the drugs he got is now a super drug somehow? Not that anti-body therapy is new to beginn with.....

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Redd

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:32 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Funny... someone doesn't die from Covid, which even in his age and weight group is the by far most likely outcome to the tune of 95% or so without experimental treatment, and one of the drugs he got is now a super drug somehow? Not that anti-body therapy is new to beginn with.....

Best regards
Thomas

So do you think COVID is super dangerous or 95% survivable for the most at risk groups? I can't keep up with all the contradictions.

tommy1808

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:56 am

Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

So do you think COVID is super dangerous or 95% survivable for the most at risk groups? I can't keep up with all the contradictions.

It sie super dangerous on the Population Level, but not on the individual level. A 1% chance of dying isn't high, but for millions of people it literally adds up. No contradiction whatsoever.

Trumps survival was the by far most likely outcome even if he had just gone to bed and waited.

Best regards
Thomas

frmrCapCadet

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:32 am

I have not found a really good stat on the death rate for older people. Interpolating from stats that are available I think those over 70/80 are about ten times likely to die. so I am guessing 10% plus death rate.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

N867DA

Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:42 pm

Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

If something has a 5% chance of killing someone, isn't it super dangerous? Skydiving, for example has a death rate of 0.006 per 1,000 jumps. People think skydiving is dangerous now; imagine if 50 jumps per 1000 ended in a death.

I don't care if the President is a hypocrite (not new info) and changes his tune to get a more favorable health outcome, because that is human nature. But I thought 5% was high.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

tommy1808

Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:53 pm

N867DA wrote:
But I thought 5% was high.

Deployment to Vietnam came with a 2% chance of flying back fully flat or not at all. We know Trunp found that much, much to dangerous....

Makes me wonder... will Trump keep popping drugs and campaign high, or will we see him with withdrawal symptoms?

Best regards
Thomas

Redd

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:29 pm

N867DA wrote:
Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

If something has a 5% chance of killing someone, isn't it super dangerous? Skydiving, for example has a death rate of 0.006 per 1,000 jumps. People think skydiving is dangerous now; imagine if 50 jumps per 1000 ended in a death.

I don't care if the President is a hypocrite (not new info) and changes his tune to get a more favorable health outcome, because that is human nature. But I thought 5% was high.

Well, I was just using his example. It's actually 2% and 0.03% if you don't have 2.6 co-morbidities, then of course those numbers can be further subdivided by age group.

Aesma

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Taking blood thinners and oxygen probably already increases survival rates nicely.

As a skydiver I'd say most deaths are caused by recklessness, not just doing it. "Common" accidents involve high speed turns near the ground, with the parachute deployed. By people showing off.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams