Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Lawyers: can't find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by Trump administration

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:50 pm

This is 100% on purpose.

Lawyers say they can't find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by Trump administration
About two-thirds of the 1,000-plus parents separated from their kids under a 2017 pilot program were deported before a federal judge ordered that they be found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... n-n1244066
I don't take responsibility at all

tommy1808

Re: Lawyers: can't find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by Trump administration

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Some clever AG should find a way to hang kidnapping charges around their necks.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

bennett123

Re: Lawyers: can't find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by Trump administration

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:09 pm

So what are they going to do with all these children?.

Reinhardt

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:19 pm

That's outrageous. What the hell is wrong with people, they are kids.

Let me guess - if they didn't bring their children with them / cross the border illegally it wouldn't have happened.

tommy1808

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Reinhardt wrote:

Let me guess - if they didn't bring their children with them / cross the border illegally it wouldn't have happened.

Well, its the same bunch that believes persecuted people can apply for asylum from their home country and wait out years for their application to be granted. So you are probably being generous. There will be a not insignificant share of "those are brown kids, so why should we care?" In the mix.

Best regards
Thomas

skyservice_330

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:24 pm

You would think a political administration whose policies have led to vulnerable children being separated from their parents would be of interest to QAnon .. sounds like a great pipeline of victims for a satanic pedophilia ring.

c933103

Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:09 pm

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/24/92738438 ... en-located
Here is a discussion on why those parents cannot be find
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
A placeholder line
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:39 pm

This is one disaster... You cannot if you detain children loose contact with their parents.

bennett123

Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 pm

So they must have the fingerprints of the 'parents'?.

PixelPilot

Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:35 pm

bennett123 wrote:
So they must have the fingerprints of the 'parents'?.

Of course, they do. Anybody that is detained and is checked into a facility has his/hers biometrics taken.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:24 pm

If you separate children from your parents, send back the parents you have a big responsibility. Now the responsibility is on the US taxpayer.

PixelPilot

Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Sooooo... no actual proof

This part is interesting:
"The tragic reality is that hundreds of parents were deported to Central America without their children, who remain here with foster families or distant relatives."

So they are not in cages, they are not being held in cages, their locations are FULLY known to the authorities YET I am supposed to believe that government agents picked a parent, put him/her on a plane WITHOUT the kid, and send them off??
Now on top of that, the parents of 500 kids, landed back in their countries and went straight for the mountains without seeking help even from local authorities to GET THEIR KIDS BACK???
Maybe they are better off here then.

And you call the right as conspiracy theorists lol.

bennett123

Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:59 pm

Who said anything about cages on this thread.

If the authorities knew were the children were, why not send them back with the parents?.

If they had done so, then either the parents are still in the US, or the children would not be in the US.

Redd

Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:34 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Sooooo... no actual proof

This part is interesting:
"The tragic reality is that hundreds of parents were deported to Central America without their children, who remain here with foster families or distant relatives."

So they are not in cages, they are not being held in cages, their locations are FULLY known to the authorities YET I am supposed to believe that government agents picked a parent, put him/her on a plane WITHOUT the kid, and send them off??
Now on top of that, the parents of 500 kids, landed back in their countries and went straight for the mountains without seeking help even from local authorities to GET THEIR KIDS BACK???
Maybe they are better off here then.

And you call the right as conspiracy theorists lol.

Some of what I read up there..... God help us.. lol....

PixelPilot

Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm

bennett123 wrote:

If the authorities knew were the children were, why not send them back with the parents?.

If they had done so, then either the parents are still in the US, or the children would not be in the US.

We can speculate all we want but it is clear that we do not have all the facts If any actually judging by that click-baiting piece where lawyers are basically asking for money since they will keep looking "forever".
One thing is for sure, if anybody thinks that the government (which by the way has workers from every ethnicity, religion, country in the world, and when we talk about the Southern Border then probably every south American national working in there) is doing it on purpose then I strongly suggest a chill pill and a bit of common sense cause ridiculous doesn't even cut it anymore.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:56 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

We can speculate all we want but it is clear that we do not have all the facts If any actually judging by that click-baiting piece where lawyers are basically asking for money since they will keep looking "forever".
One thing is for sure, if anybody thinks that the government (which by the way has workers from every ethnicity, religion, country in the world, and when we talk about the Southern Border then probably every south American national working in there) is doing it on purpose then I strongly suggest a chill pill and a bit of common sense cause ridiculous doesn't even cut it anymore.

Christ. You have zero idea what you’re talking about. It was 100% done on purpose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_a ... ion_policy

And as anyone could guess with a white supremacist administration, there was no plan to reunite families:

Government never had specific plan to reunify families, court testimony shows

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/politics ... index.html
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennett123

Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:56 pm

You haven't responded to my points at all.

One more point, if 'who remain here with foster families or distant relatives', (your words) then the government know the identity of at least some of these children.

Otherwise how did the government know that they were related?.

PixelPilot

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:48 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Christ. You have zero idea what you’re talking about. It was 100% done on purpose.

And as anyone could guess with a white supremacist administration, there was no plan to reunite families:

White supremacist administration, most sources from politically charged left-leaning papers yet I don't see anywhere any actual lawsuits that proved a single thing that you are implying.
You are talking about human rights violations like they happened but all we get is a paper piece with emotionally charged words to rally people for money.
Now, it will take me a while to read through those referenced articles on wiki but I still think calling a government of USA as white supremacist makes anybody a far sider extremist.

You see to me, extremists are all the same they just talk about different subjects. They were kept in an echo chamber for so long that they lost touch with reality that quite often and if not always has more than white or black. In fact, is everything but those two yet I am supposed to believe in virtue signaling and pretending that it's angels fighting demons? I mean that's how it is no matter to which extreme you listen to.

I've read too many books written by historians, was born in a country with over 1200 years of documented history and past that went through possibly every shitty scenario you can imagine to even bother to argue with people that can't hear anything past their echo.
The way I see it you have to find some balance else you are indistinguishable from those you accuse of having a lack of balance (towards a race in this scenario).
Last edited by PixelPilot on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PixelPilot

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:52 pm

bennett123 wrote:
You haven't responded to my points at all.

One more point, if 'who remain here with foster families or distant relatives', (your words) then the government know the identity of at least some of these children.

Otherwise how did the government know that they were related?.

When somebody tries to enter US illegally and states this is my kid, then this is how the kid will be booked as. Now whether that is true or not, data will show exactly that once read.
If for some reason 500 parents can't be found but missing children alerts that at this rate would trigger INTERPOL are nowhere to be seen considering there's paperwork for EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM then you have to ask yourself why.
Knowing life it's everything. Some errors, deliberate abandoning of the kids (providing false address so you can't be found) so they don't have to go back to the sad reality they were dragged from, probably plenty of cases of smuggling, child kidnapping / trafficking and etc.
Singing to the tune of it's all fault of the big bad government is just silly and shows zero actual life experience.

bennett123

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:41 pm

Struggling to follow you.

So either the people who claimed the children are related, in which case surely you know who the children are, and presumably can identify the parents. The other option is that you have just handed out to whoever claimed them.

Your comment 'When somebody tries to enter US illegally and states this is my kid, then this is how the kid will be booked as' seems to suggest the latter.

Going back to my previous points;

Surely keeping the parents and children together cannot be that difficult. Either both should be in their own countries or both should be in the US.

PixelPilot

Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:29 am

bennett123 wrote:
Struggling to follow you.

"Cages" is the general narrative for this subject. I think it's pretty clear so not sure why are you even asking.

As for the other question, because maybe they turned out as not their parents? OR they were deported without their kids due to other factors? Crimes for example which would mean that they will be picked up be authorities on return. I have no idea what the laws are for cases like this here or anywhere in south america. Do you? Do you know how emigration laws work in fringe cases? Can you vouch for the validity of this article? Does it present all information there is or it left out something particular on purpose?

I always say this: If anybody thinks the gov is doing everything wrong then they should go and help? Guaranteed you would find a job. They are busy over there.

Look at 17-19... that's nearly 2 million people to process and ALL. of them entered the country illegally.
500 % of 2000000 = 0.03%
Say what you like but EVEN if it is all an error that will sooner or later be fixed (if relatives can't find the "parents" that usually means kid stays and parents will try to come here again) then it is not big. Nothing is 100% proof or perfect. I am a realist not a virtue signaler.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

NIKV69

Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:36 am

PixelPilot wrote:
More likely smugglers that used kids to enter the country and took of free without facing kidnapping charges.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

bennett123

Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:55 am

Firstly, no one else has referred to cages on this thread, so not clear why you do.

Secondly, if these people were not the parents then presumably the Government will say that at some point. If they were the parents and were deported for some other reason, why were the kids not sent back with them.

You final point is essentially 'move along folks, nothing to see'. This is about 500 people not virtue signalling. The Government took these people into custody, they should know what they did with them.

I am sure we will both be interested in the Government response.

seb146

Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:59 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

White supremacist administration, most sources from politically charged left-leaning papers yet I don't see anywhere any actual lawsuits that proved a single thing that you are implying.

The litigation is still in process. This is the legal system at work arguing in front of MAGA packed courts. But, still the legal process is ongoing. Nothing has been proven yet because the litigation is still being argued. Just because Fox or OAN or AM talk radio does not report this does not mean it does not exist. Read the CNN article, don't simply dismiss it as "left leaning" and "politically charged".

Notice families from Europe, Russia, and Asia are not being separated. Just those from Central and South America. So, yeah, racism is a big part of this.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

TSS

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

The litigation is still in process. This is the legal system at work arguing in front of MAGA packed courts. But, still the legal process is ongoing. Nothing has been proven yet because the litigation is still being argued. Just because Fox or OAN or AM talk radio does not report this does not mean it does not exist. Read the CNN article, don't simply dismiss it as "left leaning" and "politically charged".

Notice families from Europe, Russia, and Asia are not being separated. Just those from Central and South America. So, yeah, racism is a big part of this.

Just out of curiosity, what are the numbers on families coming across our walkable borders with Europe, Russia, and Asia illegally versus the number of families coming across our walkable border with Mexico/Central America illegally?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:54 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what are the numbers on families coming across our walkable borders with Europe, Russia, and Asia illegally versus the number of families coming across our walkable border with Mexico/Central America illegally?

Why does the method of entry make a difference on how they are to be treated?

seb146

Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:40 am

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

I can think of 11 men who were in the United States illegally in 2001. Many come on student visas and just stay. My grandfather sailed from Germany to Philadelphia telling immigration he would be visiting his sister for two weeks then going home. He married for a green card instead. One does not need walkable borders to be illegal.

Redd

Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:07 pm

bennett123 wrote:

I don't think you comprendo the situation. Those children did not come over the border with their parents.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Redd wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

I don't think you comprendo the situation. Those children did not come over the border with their parents.

Citation?

bennett123

Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:01 pm

So how did they identify the 'distant relatives'.

Redd

Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Redd wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Citation?

There are plenty, but you have to piece it together, unless you're looking at centrist/conservative news channels.So without any further ado, here is a piece my friend. It's important to note that this was openly talked about during the Obama admin(the article is from 2014), but during the Trump era the media is ignoring this fact and creating a story of separation that does not exist.

If you knew how people were documented at the border you'd also know that separation would be quite difficult to achieve unless it was on purpose. And you'd have to be quite the idiot to think Trump is separating children from their parents for fun.

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/c ... index.html
Last edited by Redd on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:42 am

Redd wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Citation?

There are plenty, but you have to piece it together, unless you're looking at centrist/conservative news channels.So without any further ado, here is a piece my friend.

Children that have been separated from their parents by the Trump administration came across the border with their parents by definition.

best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Redd wrote:
If you knew how people were documented at the border you'd also know that separation would be quite difficult to achieve unless it was on purpose.

It literally was on purpose.

Jesus. :banghead:

Redd

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:26 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Redd wrote:
If you knew how people were documented at the border you'd also know that separation would be quite difficult to achieve unless it was on purpose.

Is your citation and proof, Jesus?

You know that this is all Obama procedures too don't you? I mean you must know that.

Redd

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:27 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Citation?

There are plenty, but you have to piece it together, unless you're looking at centrist/conservative news channels.So without any further ado, here is a piece my friend.

Children that have been separated from their parents by the Trump administration came across the border with their parents by definition.

best regards
Thomas

You're assuming the story you are reading is true.... All signs are pointing to the fact that it's not. I know you really want it to be true, but that unfortunately doesn't make it so.

seb146

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Redd wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Citation?

There are plenty, but you have to piece it together, unless you're looking at centrist/conservative news channels.So without any further ado, here is a piece my friend. It's important to note that this was openly talked about during the Obama admin(the article is from 2014), but during the Trump era the media is ignoring this fact and creating a story of separation that does not exist.

If you knew how people were documented at the border you'd also know that separation would be quite difficult to achieve unless it was on purpose. And you'd have to be quite the idiot to think Trump is separating children from their parents for fun.

The article is telling the story of a mother and father already in the United States who had left their two children behind in Guatemala. The Obama administration did not separate these children from their family. They were already separated when the children were detained in south Texas.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Redd wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Redd wrote:

Is your citation and proof, Jesus?

You know that this is all Obama procedures too don't you? I mean you must know that.

Oh wow that is a lot of lying in a very small space.

Family separation as an immigration policy was announced in 2018 but began a year earlier. Now unless you think Obama failed to act against covid—which I bet you do!—that would be the Trump administration. It was 100% on purpose, announced by the Keebler klansman himself Jeff Sessions. You can deny reality all day, which I expect you will, but facts don’t care about your feelings, as they say.

tommy1808

Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:29 am

Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:

best regards
Thomas

You're assuming the story you are reading is true....

court rulings tend to be true.

. I know you really want it to be true, but that unfortunately doesn't make it so.

well, we know you have a 1000$ bet riding on the election outcome, which neatly explains why you are pushing every piece of misinformation you can find.

best regards
Thomas

Redd

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:19 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

. I know you really want it to be true, but that unfortunately doesn't make it so.

well, we know you have a 1000$ bet riding on the election outcome, which neatly explains why you are pushing every piece of misinformation you can find.

best regards
Thomas

The difference between me and you, and the reason your brain can't peer beyond the borders you've set for it, is because I don't really care who wins. I bet $1000 because Trump's odds = more money for me if he wins. Both candidates offer scary prospects for the future.

The difference between me and you is that I'm willing to discuss the world with everyone, but you create enemies in your head. You don't even know what I believe and my views and you've already labelled me an enemy of your ideology. That's fascist btw.

I on the other hand, invited you to Warsaw to buy you a drink, and I would (even after your sour attitude has been made apparent) still buy you that drink and talk to you. So my offer still stands, I can by Tommy the fascist a beer.

Redd

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:42 am

tommy1808 wrote:

Thomas

You can tell that to the thousands of innocent people in Prison in the USA, and the executed who have been found to be innocent after the fact. Also, you're ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that this exact problem existed under Obama, the only difference was the media reported that problem for what it was, children coming over without their parents. Now, children seemed to have abandoned that idea all together. Curious thing huh...? :rotfl:

Kiwirob

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:12 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:

Well, its the same bunch that believes persecuted people can apply for asylum from their home country and wait out years for their application to be granted. So you are probably being generous. There will be a not insignificant share of "those are brown kids, so why should we care?" In the mix.

Best regards
Thomas

Cry me a river, there are reasons why we have immigration laws. Queue jumpers like these people get what they deserve. If they hadn't made the attempt to illegally enter the US they would still be together with their kids.

tommy1808

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Cry me a river, there are reasons why we have immigration laws. Queue jumpers like these people get what they deserve. If they hadn't made the attempt to illegally enter the US they would still be together with their kids.

Yeah, and that is why their children get punished? Which court ruling exactly dished out that punishment? Oh, wait, a court has ruled the administration has to reunite them..... and they don´t.

best regards
Thomas

Kiwirob

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:18 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Yeah, and that is why their children get punished? Which court ruling exactly dished out that punishment? Oh, wait, a court has ruled the administration has to reunite them..... and they don´t.

best regards
Thomas

Again cry me a river, I immigrated legally to Norway, with a child in tow, we did it by the book. That's why I have absolutely no sympathy for illegals migrants.

Reinhardt

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Again cry me a river, I immigrated legally to Norway, with a child in tow, we did it by the book. That's why I have absolutely no sympathy for illegals migrants.

Well bully for you. I emmigrated legally too, and don't feel the same as you.

How do you claim asylum legally then? Because I assumed in most cases you had to be in a country to claim it or at the border, and either is possible. Doesn't internal law say that's the process? Maybe lets read the Geneva Refugee Convention and the US's particular setup:

Is seeking asylum legal?

U.S. Border "Crisis"
Asylum seekers are not criminals: what you need to know

Yes, seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says the International Rescue Committee’s director of immigration, Olga Byrne. “You just have to show up."

"While the administration is saying people should come here legally and follow a legal process, it's making it impossible to do so,” says Byrne. “So many individuals and families have been trying to follow a legal process, but instead they’ve been stranded in Tijuana or other northern Mexico towns because they have been denied access to any U.S. official.”

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal ... eek-asylum

Secondly, I have no idea how you can be so cavalier about Children. Actually I can, because most of the right in the US are exactly the same since that's who did this.

A guy I work with fled Syria. With his wife and kids and nothing else. No belongings nothing. He was a fully qualified surveyor / engineer. He had a relative he had no contact with living in Germany. He had no way to buy a plane ticket. He crossed the Med by one of those inflatble boats and payed in cash 500$ per person. Everything he had. They made it to Greece. He eventually ended up in Germany and claimed Asylum. It was granted. He's a fantastic guy, one the hardest working people I have ever met, doing a job that is actually well below his capabilites.

So I should just have no sympathy for him at all? Not care one iota about his kids?

This is entirely what's wrong with the world today. Complete lack of empathy and compassion.

Nobody (except the far left) is talking about open borders everywhere. We're talking about Govenment, states, taking responsbilites for their actions.

If you are going to lock up people claiming asylum, operate on some of them without their permission, seperate children from them, then deport them and end up with no clue whose kids are whose? In a 1st world country, one of the richest ever to exist? It's wrong on every level - either pure incompetence or political ideology.

You wonder why people grow up to hate countries, hate systems, have certain beliefs? This is why.

seb146

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Thomas

You can tell that to the thousands of innocent people in Prison in the USA, and the executed who have been found to be innocent after the fact. Also, you're ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that this exact problem existed under Obama, the only difference was the media reported that problem for what it was, children coming over without their parents. Now, children seemed to have abandoned that idea all together. Curious thing huh...? :rotfl:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44303556

Redd, tell us exactly where in the article it says Obama ordered families separated.

You are factually correct that families have been illegally entering the country for decades. And the media reports that. However, the children being separated at the border has only happened under the MAGA "all lives matter" administration.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Redd wrote:

best regards
Thomas

The difference between me and you, and the reason your brain can't peer beyond the borders you've set for it, is because I don't really care who wins. I bet $1000 because Trump's odds = more money for me if he wins. Both candidates offer scary prospects for the future.

The difference between me and you is that I'm willing to discuss the world with everyone, but you create enemies in your head. You don't even know what I believe and my views and you've already labelled me an enemy of your ideology. That's fascist btw.

Oooooooooh I get it. You're going to just lie repeatedly and pat yourself on the back by rebranding it a "willingness to discuss".

Redd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Thomas

More lies.

Kiwirob

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:45 am

Reinhardt wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Well bully for you. I emmigrated legally too, and don't feel the same as you.

How do you claim asylum legally then? Because I assumed in most cases you had to be in a country to claim it or at the border, and either is possible. Doesn't internal law say that's the process? Maybe lets read the Geneva Refugee Convention and the US's particular setup:

Is seeking asylum legal?

U.S. Border "Crisis"
Asylum seekers are not criminals: what you need to know

Yes, seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says the International Rescue Committee’s director of immigration, Olga Byrne. “You just have to show up."

"While the administration is saying people should come here legally and follow a legal process, it's making it impossible to do so,” says Byrne. “So many individuals and families have been trying to follow a legal process, but instead they’ve been stranded in Tijuana or other northern Mexico towns because they have been denied access to any U.S. official.”

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal ... eek-asylum

The vast majority of these people aren't asylum seekers they are economic migrants from South and Central America.

Reinhardt wrote:
Secondly, I have no idea how you can be so cavalier about Children. Actually I can, because most of the right in the US are exactly the same since that's who did this.

A guy I work with fled Syria. With his wife and kids and nothing else. No belongings nothing. He was a fully qualified surveyor / engineer. He had a relative he had no contact with living in Germany. He had no way to buy a plane ticket. He crossed the Med by one of those inflatble boats and payed in cash 500$ per person. Everything he had. They made it to Greece. He eventually ended up in Germany and claimed Asylum. It was granted. He's a fantastic guy, one the hardest working people I have ever met, doing a job that is actually well below his capabilites.

So I should just have no sympathy for him at all? Not care one iota about his kids?

This is entirely what's wrong with the world today. Complete lack of empathy and compassion.

Nobody (except the far left) is talking about open borders everywhere. We're talking about Govenment, states, taking responsbilites for their actions.

If you are going to lock up people claiming asylum, operate on some of them without their permission, seperate children from them, then deport them and end up with no clue whose kids are whose? In a 1st world country, one of the richest ever to exist? It's wrong on every level - either pure incompetence or political ideology.

You wonder why people grow up to hate countries, hate systems, have certain beliefs? This is why.

Again see my point above the vast majority of these people, like the hordes crossing the Med into Europe, are queue jumping economic migrants, they are not legitimate asylum seekers.

I have absolutely no sympathy for queue jumping economic migrants, they get what they deserve.

Redd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:25 am

seb146 wrote:
Redd, tell us exactly where in the article it says Obama ordered families separated.

The news can say what they want, doesn't make it true. The polls are the best example, Trump is getting a second term despite what the news said.

seb146

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 pm

Redd wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The news can say what they want, doesn't make it true. The polls are the best example, Trump is getting a second term despite what the news said.

Do not change the subject. Where in the article does it say Obama ordered families separated? Where in the article that YOU posted does it say that?