Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NYCVIE

Re: Official Election thread

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:38 pm

One of Trump's biggest mistakes in terms of re-election was making John McCain an enemy. Biden will take Arizona and that negates the need for him to win Pennsylvania if he just keeps Michigan and Wisconsin.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:39 pm

NYCVIE wrote:
One of Trump's biggest mistakes in terms of re-election was making John McCain an enemy. Biden will take Arizona and that negates the need for him to win Pennsylvania if he just keeps Michigan and Wisconsin.

Agreed, 100%. His attacks on McCain were so petty and unnecessary.
PNW-based private pilot and engineer. #fatpnw

casinterest

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Tugger wrote:
Trump campaign has formally requested a recount in Wisconsin. Biden has a lead or .05%, ~20,000 votes.

Sounds about right, I can understand it. It was their strategy to request such where they could. But I am confident it won't change the results overall. I am sure the campaign will request recounts in three or four others states, anywhere they are within the margin to make the request. Trump is a sore loser, I expect no easy concession even after recounts.

But honestly, Trump lost this election in more ways than just "losing".
Biden is a pretty weak candidate, not inspiring at all (to me at least). He is kind of Dukakis-like. And Trump has a virulent voter base, he is loud and just can keep talking. Those that like him, love him. And he is the incumbent that had a historically strong economy most of his time in office! But here he is either barely squeaking out a win, if, maybe, after needing to request recounts etc. Or he is losing to a weak candidate, one that is not "loved" but is just a vastly better option to many than Trump. That is just such a loser way to be. Even if he does win.

Tugg

Of course the Trump campaign demanded a recount. As long as Wisconsin has a valid system to count and secure the results, I see little opportunity for change.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Tugger

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:47 pm

casinterest wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Trump campaign has formally requested a recount in Wisconsin. Biden has a lead or .05%, ~20,000 votes.

Sounds about right, I can understand it. It was their strategy to request such where they could. But I am confident it won't change the results overall. I am sure the campaign will request recounts in three or four others states, anywhere they are within the margin to make the request. Trump is a sore loser, I expect no easy concession even after recounts.

But honestly, Trump lost this election in more ways than just "losing".
Biden is a pretty weak candidate, not inspiring at all (to me at least). He is kind of Dukakis-like. And Trump has a virulent voter base, he is loud and just can keep talking. Those that like him, love him. And he is the incumbent that had a historically strong economy most of his time in office! But here he is either barely squeaking out a win, if, maybe, after needing to request recounts etc. Or he is losing to a weak candidate, one that is not "loved" but is just a vastly better option to many than Trump. That is just such a loser way to be. Even if he does win.

Tugg

Of course the Trump campaign demanded a recount. As long as Wisconsin has a valid system to count and secure the results, I see little opportunity for change.

Yeah, Wisconsin has a rock solid vote processing system and history. I can see a few numbers changing maybe but not 20,000. (Perhaps Trump is "looking for a few thousand new votes" as he has accused others of doing? :spin: )

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:48 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:
Vladex wrote:

What did you expect to happen in Wayne county? It was a large dump of votes from Wayne at once that caused the spike.

Exactly. And Wayne County (Detroit in general) is still getting votes in. That will only increase Biden's margin more. The "Get Out (or Mail in) Vote" campaign is working well there this time around compare to 2016.

Expect similar spike to happen for Biden in Pennsylvania once those Philly votes dump in. Right now Philadelphia County (61%), Allegheny County (i.e. [email protected]%) and Delaware County (74%) are large Biden counties that still has many ballots to go. Trump only has Erie and Lehigh County (and perhaps Bucks County in suburban Philly) that are larger counties with lots of votes to go. Those can be counteract by Chester or Montgomery County anyway. Otherwise, Luzerne County (Wilkes-Barre) is the only other county where Trump is favored.

Okay, why are votes being “dumped”; where have they been the last 18 hours?

apodino

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:50 pm

I think Biden has this, and I dont think he needs PA. I think WI and MI will both go Biden, and along with NV, that gets Biden above 270.

A couple of notes down ballot.

The GOP will hold the Senate. Gideon has conceded Maine to Susan Collins. The question is, can John James hold in in Michigan? There appears to be a lot of ticket splitting in that state.

It appears that Pelosi will have a smaller majority in the House now. A lot of races they tried to pick up all went Red, and a number of Dem seats have flipped, including in MN and two in FL. I don't know what this does for Pelosi's future as Speaker.

Tugger

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:52 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

A place somewhere like here?
https://oklahoman.com/article/5673839/more-than-33000-ballots-counted-already-in-oklahoma-county-heres-what-that-process-looks-like
(this is in Oklahoma)

Votes get sorted, stored temporarily, then processed, and tabulated. That tabulation is confirmed and then the number added to the official results and reported.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

anshabhi

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:52 pm

aerosreenivas wrote:
One more observation about the outcome of this election, there is still not going to be any 'Absolute Joy' if Biden becomes next US President.

Why?

Because it seems the Senate is going to again be ruled by the Republicans. Also, the race is tight in the House Of Representatives as well.

So I fear it will be another repeat of Obama's Presidency where we saw lot of deadlock and Obama had to sign an 'Executive Order' to pass a law.

Senate is evened out at 47 for both Dems and Reps at this moment. Independents will get to call the shots

Source: Fox News. But I see it changing to 45 dems- 48 reps elsewhere, so nvm.

Baldr

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:58 pm

Vladex wrote:
SAS A340 wrote:
Trump should prepare himself as single and behind bars. Flee to Russia could also work.

I don't think Trump and all the people that support him will submit so you will have to fight for it. Rules are out of the window at this point. Are you willing to die and kill for Angry Dementia Joe?

It would appear as if Vladex is just another Russian troll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/18/world/europe/russia-troll-factory.html

zakuivcustom

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

B/c the people in Wayne County, MI has to go through a gajillion mail-in votes that they couldn't start processing until Election Day?

apodino wrote:
The GOP will hold the Senate. Gideon has conceded Maine to Susan Collins. The question is, can John James hold in in Michigan? There appears to be a lot of ticket splitting in that state.

It appears that Pelosi will have a smaller majority in the House now. A lot of races they tried to pick up all went Red, and a number of Dem seats have flipped, including in MN and two in FL. I don't know what this does for Pelosi's future as Speaker.

The down-ballot looks downright ugly for Dems. There are quite a few swing districts that they won in 2018 and lost (by a fair margin also i.e. 51-47). No "blue wave" for Senate also.

For Senate - NC should to to Republican also as Tillis is ahead of Trump for vote percentage. MI will be VERY close, although Peters just pulled ahead of James there. Either way, Republican should have a 52-48 Senate majority.

flyguy89

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:03 pm

NYCVIE wrote:
Just saying, Red Mirage scenario playing out right now!

I am surprised no one brought this up yet. Seems to be exactly what's playing out. I'm still nervous about AZ, some have projected for Biden, but I think there's still possibility it could swing back to Trump. Flabbergasted that NV is taking its sweet time to finish counting, usually were pretty quick and efficient, but I still expect Biden to win here.

Baldr

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:14 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:
This year, I voted for Biden/Harris, but for every down-ballot race, I voted for Republicans.
People (outside of the AOCs of the world) want competent, functional gov't.
Not chaos.

So you voted for lawmakers that will pass a bill and President who won't sign it? You have to explain that one to me.

I am okay with "nothing happening" for the next 4 years aside from keeping the lights on. You're welcome.

This sort of mentality will do nothing but to further accellerate the decline of the United States.

As indicated in the article linked below, "the United States has high levels of economic inequality and right-leaning politics. The country has unequal educational opportunities between rich and poor and weak private sector unions. These two factors produce a public in which the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum tends to have low levels of political engagement and very limited information."

-

How voter ignorance helps the political right, across nations

Voter information is also at the core of another feedback theory, one that I'm going to spend a bit of time on here because it makes a compelling case for why our future may be more inequality and more Republican dominance, and how those two features are actually closely tied together.

This theory comes from political scientists Torben Iversen and David Soskice, and is laid out in a recent academic journal article, "Information, Inequality, and Mass Polarization: Ideology in Advanced Democracies."

Drawing on considerable data across 20 democracies, they identify two "Weberian ideal types" of democracies.

The first of these types, exemplified by Scandinavian countries like Sweden and, yes, Denmark, tends to have relative equality in educational opportunity and strong private sector unions. This leads to denser social networks that discuss politics, and as a result, even those who are less well-off tend to be pretty well-informed and engaged politically.

Thus, there tends to be a pretty strong relationship between socioeconomic status and ideological self-placement in these countries, with those who are worse off economically mostly identifying on the political left. These countries are also marked by high polarization, largely a product of a very informed electorate (high information and strong ideology tend to go together).

-

To summarize the picture above: Education and union membership contribute to knowledge, both directly and indirectly, by facilitating networks that stimulate more political discussion. Socioeconomic status also contributes to knowledge directly — wealthier individuals tend to be more well-informed.

Political knowledge is the key variable here. The more political knowledge an individual has, Iversen and Soskice argue, the more closely ideology and economic status go together.

"We find," they write, "that political knowledge causes more polarized self-placements, but that political knowledge has a bigger effect on the left than on the right, and that the distribution of knowledge is biased in favor of the right."

Put another way, those who are less well-off need unions and public education to get them the political information they need to self-place in line with their economic interests. The rich do not.

At the macro level, Iversen and Soskice sketch out a national feedback loop.

In countries with strong unions, strong investment in public education, and generally informed citizens, politics tends to be left-leaning but also highly polarized. More left-leaning governments invest more in public education and support strong unions. The cycle reinforces itself.

By contrast, in countries with low spending on education and weak unions, mass political information declines. Because those who are less well-off lack information to properly locate their economic interests, politics trends rightward, and inequality increases as a result of further de-investment in education and declining union bargaining power, which further reduces political information. And so on. As Iversen and Soskice explain, "In this cluster of countries, we further expect politics and public policies to be shifted to the right because of the strong class bias in political information."

Source: https://www.vox.com/polyarchy/2015/11/4/9665842/republican-inequality-future-loop

zakuivcustom

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:14 pm

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 77bc1bd809

CNN just call Wisconsin for Biden.

A recount is coming, but most people doubt it would swing the result by 20k votes as past recounts there only changes maybe hundreds of votes.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Red alert!

Yes, WI for Biden official now.
Trump ain't gonna find 20k votes in a recount.
Even Scott Walker thinks Trump's recount hopes are silly.

Biden lead in MI now nearly 35k votes.
Last edited by ArcticSEA on Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:16 pm

By Friday, most counting should be through... Except maybe for NC which has until Nov. 12th to count all ballots...

WHY AP HASN’T CALLED NORTH CAROLINA:

The Associated Press has not declared a winner in North Carolina’s presidential contest because the race between President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden is too early to call. Trump, who is locked in a tight battle with Biden to secure the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, prematurely claimed early Wednesday that he won the state. “We’ve clearly won North Carolina, where we’re up 1.7%, 77,000 votes with only approximately 5% left. They can’t catch us,” he said during an appearance at the White House.

Trump also said he planned to contest the U.S. presidential election before the Supreme Court. It was unclear, exactly, what legal action he might pursue. Though Trump is correct that he held a 76,000-vote lead in the state early Wednesday, the race is too early to call and there are still about 200,000 mail-in ballots left to count. As long as those ballots are postmarked by Nov. 3, state election officials have until Nov. 12 to count them. And when it comes to mail ballots, Biden was far outperforming Trump. That means there’s a considerable number of ballots yet to be counted that could give Biden a lead.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-explains- ... 63b01e0090
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:21 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trump, who is locked in a tight battle with Biden to secure the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, prematurely claimed early Wednesday that he won the state. “We’ve clearly won North Carolina, where we’re up 1.7%, 77,000 votes with only approximately 5% left. They can’t catch us,” he said during an appearance at the White House.

It's like he thinks we're all dumb. "I totes won NC because I'm up 77k there! Also, Biden totes didn't win AZ even though Sleepy Joe's up 93k votes there! Logic!"

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:27 pm

Biden lead now 45k in Michigan.

AirWorthy99

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:31 pm

Trump needs to win PA, and either AZ or NV combined with the already leading GA and NC to get to 270+. Its an uphill battle but lets see.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Redd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Tugger wrote:
Redd wrote:
That's a good point. The more Democratic a city, the more it looks like Fallujah

Like the welcome the Biden bus got near San Antonio? THhat was very Fallujah-like.

Tugg

I actually liked how it was spun that they were trying to push the bus off the road. Still looking for that video.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:43 pm

Trump knows he's lost. He is suing Michigan to stop ballot counting there and is demanding access to tally sites.

lugie

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:47 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trump, who is locked in a tight battle with Biden to secure the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, prematurely claimed early Wednesday that he won the state. “We’ve clearly won North Carolina, where we’re up 1.7%, 77,000 votes with only approximately 5% left. They can’t catch us,” he said during an appearance at the White House.

It's like he thinks we're all dumb. "I totes won NC because I'm up 77k there! Also, Biden totes didn't win AZ even though Sleepy Joe's up 93k votes there! Logic!"

Well, to be fair there are 200,000 ballots outstanding in NC at a 77k vote lead whereas in AZ it's around 540,000 still to be counted, so more than twice as much to potentially overcome a lead only around 25% bigger.

However, the vast majority (around 400,000) of those 540k in AZ are from Democrat-leaning Maricopa County, with the second biggest chunk from Pima county, which is the second most populous county in the state and even more blue than Maricopa.
So Trump faces a, mildly put, uphill battle in Arizona.

Meanwhile in NC the counties still expecting returns are deep-blue Orange (82% returned) and Buncombe (92%) counties (currently at Biden +51 and +21, respectively), as well as solidly blue Forsyth (Biden +14, 89% returned) and Cumberland (+17, 91%) counties.

There are only three red counties at similar return percentages, and while Trump holds some very big leads there, they are way smaller than those Democratic counties.

So it's not totally unreasonable to assume that even though AZ is at only 86% currently compared to NC at 95%, the outstanding returns in NC might have some bigger potential to swing the state of these races away from their respective status quo.
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY

luckyone

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:48 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
Trump knows he's lost. He is suing Michigan to stop ballot counting there and is demanding access to tally sites.

Well that almost sounds self-defeating. Stopping the count while he's down...

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:50 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:
Just saying, Red Mirage scenario playing out right now!

I am surprised no one brought this up yet.

It has been mentioned a few times. The thread is just long and multi-paged...

flyguy89 wrote:
I'm still nervous about AZ, some have projected for Biden, but I think there's still possibility it could swing back to Trump. Flabbergasted that NV is taking its sweet time to finish counting, usually were pretty quick and efficient, but I still expect Biden to win here.

So what would make that a real possibility? With about a 100,000 vote lead in both Pima & Maricopa counties —each— and only 2.7 million votes, most from those counties, I am not seeing where 45 could overcome a 90,000 vote deficit. It would be a different story if there were fewer than 87% reported in.

I can see why Fox and MSN both now have that listed as a Biden win.
Well, you know what they say. Whatever doesn't kill you...
... Must not be an MD-11.

alfa164

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Baldr wrote:
Vladex wrote:
SAS A340 wrote:
Trump should prepare himself as single and behind bars. Flee to Russia could also work.

I don't think Trump and all the people that support him will submit so you will have to fight for it. Rules are out of the window at this point. Are you willing to die and kill for Angry Dementia Joe?

It would appear as if Vladex is just another Russian troll.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/18/world/europe/russia-troll-factory.html

Naming himself "Vlad" on his profile makes it hard for him to hide his affiliation...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:01 pm

The Trump move to halt counting is bizarre, because he would lose.
Considering this tweet from 2012 (there's always a tweet!):
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9639491584

cpd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:09 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
Red alert!

Yes, WI for Biden official now.
Trump ain't gonna find 20k votes in a recount.
Even Scott Walker thinks Trump's recount hopes are silly.

Biden lead in MI now nearly 35k votes.

This shows that democracy is working despite all attempts to stifle it by legal meddling and early victory speeches.

The key is that all votes are counted. Doesn’t matter if they were mail in, if they were sent by the appropriate time, accept them in.

Maybe the solution for next time is to have the pre-poll voting a week earlier than this time. Still won’t change that there will be delays in counting, that’s just how things work. My county has some 20 something million people and a very highly organised efficient election system and it takes time here because we have preferences to be counted. But we accept it and know we will get a result we can believe in.

L410Turbolet

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:23 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:

Isn't there no one on his team, who would explain him, in a language he understands, what a dangerous playing with fire this is, no matter what the final result will be? The casualty will, in the end, be the country as a whole.
Didn't Trump try to delgitimize 2016 election results in Florida, where he won?

PixelPilot

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:29 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:

Isn't there no one on his team, who would explain him, in a language he understands, what a dangerous playing with fire this is, no matter what the final result will be? The casualty will, in the end, be the country as a whole.

I have a feeling none of the lawyers will discourage him. They are reaching the end of the line here so gotta cash the extra $$ while you can.

And looking at what is happening in the senate and the house this is not the worst outcome for republicans.
People (seem to) have voted Trump out but still approved of republican values.
Considering Biden / Harris is just a bad dream they have a big chance now to put someone credible in the race for 2024 while blocking all they can from B/H
Last edited by PixelPilot on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

flipdewaf

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:31 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:

But you have to remember that Donald doesn’t care about America or the people, he cares for himself.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakuivcustom

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:32 pm

Well, Trump's PA lead is shrinking now to ~6.6%.

Meanwhile, Biden continues to lead Trump in MI by ~40k votes. It'll be VERY close like 2016 when Trump won the state by 0.2%. Trump didn't need MI per se in 2016, though, while a win by Biden here more or less means he'll be the 46th President of USA.

cpd wrote:
Maybe the solution for next time is to have the pre-poll voting a week earlier than this time. Still won’t change that there will be delays in counting, that’s just how things work. My county has some 20 something million people and a very highly organised efficient election system and it takes time here because we have preferences to be counted. But we accept it and know we will get a result we can believe in.

I can imagine state laws in MI and PA being change so mail-in votes and absentee votes can actually be counted before election day. Yes, this election is an exception rather than the norm as early voting percentage are usually nowhere this amount, but you never know.

FL learned their lesson in 2000 and I can't make a joke on Broward County anymore.

casinterest

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:43 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:

Trump just continues to prove that he is a liar and a fraud, and has no idea how to run the government.
He is flat out interfering with the process of counting votes, the most basic of freedoms that the founding fathers fought for.

Why doesn't he just demand a recount like he wants in Wisconsin?

I think he knows and his team knows that as the day wears on the numbers will look insurmountable.

luckyone

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm not about to predict how these challenges are going to play out, but I am willing to predict that if he loses, we're going to see a barrage of Trump on certain media outlets, book deals, you name it. He may be doing this with the expectation of losing and he's going to beat that narrative all the way to the bank.

N867DA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Election results are delayed because so many of them are in sealed envelopes. I assume in a non-pandemic election where voting in person on election day the counting would be quicker. Lack of pandemic may have cemented a Trump win, but let's put a pin on that for an aside.

But if Biden wins AZ, WI, MI, and perhaps PA--doesn't this represent a mild rebuke of Trumpism, while still supporting America-center with a slight right/left bend? This was a very high-turn out election and Republicans made healthy gains downballot.

I've always felt conservatism has its place in America but birtherism QAnon type crap needs to be dumped--and Trump rode on the coattails of pitching lack of class, needless divisiveness, and quixotic tilting at conspiracies. A Biden victory means no more tweets about whether it's a good idea to not send hurricane relief to Texas.

Good takeaways for all sides here--more for Democrats, if they want to remain competitive in the future. But for now (if numbers hold) everyone's a winner.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Tugger

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:54 pm

Trump's campaign now suing to stop counting in Pennsylvania.

Suits in both Michigan and Penn are over requests for increased access to observe the tallying process at various locations in both states. Some reports have said they were denied access but it appears that is not the issue but rather the campaign wishing to have greater "increased" access to the locations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/04/trump-s ... sites.html

Tugg

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Biden lead in Michigan 61k now.

N867DA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Tugger wrote:

Suits in both Michigan and Penn are over requests for increased access to observe the tallying process at various locations in both states. Some reports have said they were denied access but it appears that is not the issue but rather the campaign wishing to have greater "increased" access to the locations.

Tugg

Nothing more Republican in recent years than disenfranchising people.

I suppose though I'm not a lawyer that these claims have no merit since they are legitimate ballots that have not been counted due to volume, and there is no federal stipulation that votes have to be counted on Tuesday (or even Wednesday).

N867DA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:02 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
Biden lead in Michigan 61k now.

Good. Wayne County goes brrrrr and Democrats win.

A lot of people appear to have split their ticket for Biden and John James, the Republican senate candidate or left the senate race blank. James is outperforming Trump.

I will laugh my ass off if James wins Michigan because Antrim County hasn't reported any returns at all, for any race, due to suspiciously strong Democratic results. Sounds like a legitimate problem. The county had about 15,000 votes total last presidential cycle.

DL717

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
winginit wrote:
Ah - so slow, accurate counting is unfair now? Hot take.

It was always known that Nevada would have to count mail in ballots post marked on or before the 3rd but received on the 4th or later. Don’t you live in Nevada? Were you unaware?

Very slow. You can't update at the day goes? Sounds fishy to me.

Dude. Seriously. It’s almost over. Time to come together and move on.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

luckyone

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:05 pm

DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
winginit wrote:
Ah - so slow, accurate counting is unfair now? Hot take.

It was always known that Nevada would have to count mail in ballots post marked on or before the 3rd but received on the 4th or later. Don’t you live in Nevada? Were you unaware?

Very slow. You can't update at the day goes? Sounds fishy to me.

Dude. Seriously. It’s almost over. Time to come together and move on.

I agree. Buy me a mallomar and I'll buy you a beer.

zakuivcustom

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:16 pm

Tugger wrote:

Tugg

LOL...and when James win a nail-biter I'll laugh.

Oh, and Trump is losing by 1.2% now in MI. Stop counting now and just give the state to Biden!

P.S. Once the results are clear just watch for Trump to cry voter fraud until January, and even then refuse to leave White House and has to be dragged out.

casinterest

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:17 pm

CNN just called Michigan for Biden.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:18 pm

CNN just called it.
Biden has won Michigan.

Aesma

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:23 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
So, since Democrats are so focused on voter suppression. Would they join Republicans in investigating the biggest and most expensive voter suppression tactic used in 2020 to benefit Biden?

The use of polling to depress Republican turn out and favor /sway public opinion towards Biden.

I think that's the story of this election. And we will soon find out it might have worked.

Again Wisconsin Biden up 17%!! https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... onsin-poll who would have believed that!

There is record turnout with both candidates benefiting so the investigation will be short !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Aesma

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:25 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
P.S. Once the results are clear just watch for Trump to cry voter fraud until January, and even then refuse to leave White House and has to be dragged out.

I think Trump will leave the WH. He will cry voter fraud until his grave, though. He has already been crying about it for 4 years, over an election he won !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Aesma

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:29 pm

N867DA wrote:
A Biden victory means no more tweets about whether it's a good idea to not send hurricane relief to Texas.

Will Trump be instantly banned from Twitter the second after Biden is sworn in ? That would be priceless !

marcelh

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:30 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Trump needs to win PA, and either AZ or NV combined with the already leading GA and NC to get to 270+. Its an uphill battle but lets see.

Why bother? The USA and the rest of the world is better of without him as President

OA260

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:30 pm

Sky News UK have excellent coverage with news and guest interviews from all sides . Probably a breath of fresh air from what Ive seen in other media .

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:38 pm

I personally enjoy Japanese coverage of US elections... :)

N867DA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Aesma wrote:
N867DA wrote:
A Biden victory means no more tweets about whether it's a good idea to not send hurricane relief to Texas.

Will Trump be instantly banned from Twitter the second after Biden is sworn in ? That would be priceless !

As a private citizen he can finally unleash his true self even further, and perhaps Twitter will make some exception in their policies when he blows his whistle.

He could run again in 2024 since his brand is so popular. Age clearly isn't a bar.

cpd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:45 pm

casinterest wrote:
CNN just called Michigan for Biden.

But will he win it if he get those votes eliminated?