Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NIKV69
Topic Author

Re: Official Election thread

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:45 pm

DL717 wrote:

Dude. Seriously. It’s almost over. Time to come together and move on.

Come together? Watch congress next two years we won't have any coming together.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

Aesma

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:47 pm

cpd wrote:
casinterest wrote:
CNN just called Michigan for Biden.

But will he win it if he get those votes eliminated?

Can you really eliminate ballots just because they favor a candidate ? Is the same bar applied everywhere ? Like in deep red states ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

casinterest

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 pm

Aesma wrote:
cpd wrote:
casinterest wrote:
CNN just called Michigan for Biden.

But will he win it if he get those votes eliminated?

Can you really eliminate ballots just because they favor a candidate ? Is the same bar applied everywhere ? Like in deep red states ?

Sure you can in Donald Trump's Facist third world mind.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

N212R

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 pm

winginit wrote:
What’s very interesting to me is that Fox News is not seemingly ramping up to contest the election, and in fact they’ve gone through hoops to back their Arizona call while under attack from the Trump campaign. In the coming hours or maybe tomorrow at the latest, it seems as though they’ll follow other networks (or even lead them?) in calling this election for Joe Biden.

Seems clear Trump will contest the election on no sensible grounds whatsoever, but will it even matter at all even for the sake of headlines if Fox News isn’t on board?

FOX News is less the network of conservatism that the network of controlling interests. Call them what you like, but the shadowy powers that run this country are not entirely displeased to see Trump sent packing. He ruffled some feathers that are better left unexposed. The "neocons" et al who run FOX are no friends of true liberty.

CometII

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Trump Jr and Giuliani talking how there is a grand conspiracy across state lines orchestrated from DNC, Mars, Hollywood Studios, and alternate universes to rob Trump. Not one, not two, not three, not four, lawsuits coming. Not just a national lawsuit, but a Milky Way wide one coming! Giuliani: "California was called right after it was closed! It is unconscionable and a clear fraud!"

Please, someone give whatever needed for this fool to just go away with any dignity.

casinterest

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 pm

CNN is making a good point.

Why is the Trump Campaign so sure they are going to win where they are losing ( AZ, NV), but they only think there is widespread fraud where they are losing ( Wisconsin, Michigan)?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

Jetsgo

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:57 pm

casinterest wrote:

Why is the Trump Campaign so sure they are going to win where they are losing ( AZ, NV), but they only think there is widespread fraud where they are losing ( Wisconsin, Michigan)?

My understanding in NV at least is with Clark and Washoe Counties already reporting in, the margin is smaller than the heavily red rural mail in ballots left to count. Regardless, NV has stated they will not give any updates until tomorrow at the earliest.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

luckyone

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:57 pm

CometII wrote:
Trump Jr and Giuliani talking how there is a grand conspiracy across state lines orchestrated from DNC, Mars, Hollywood Studios, and alternate universes to rob Trump. Not one, not two, not three, not four, lawsuits coming. Not just a national lawsuit, but a Milky Way wide one coming! Giuliani: "California was called right after it was closed! It is unconscionable and a clear fraud!"

Please, someone give whatever needed for this fool to just go away with any dignity.

That vast left wing conspiracy that the Hildabeast didn't mention.

cpd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:58 pm

N212R wrote:
winginit wrote:
What’s very interesting to me is that Fox News is not seemingly ramping up to contest the election, and in fact they’ve gone through hoops to back their Arizona call while under attack from the Trump campaign. In the coming hours or maybe tomorrow at the latest, it seems as though they’ll follow other networks (or even lead them?) in calling this election for Joe Biden.

Seems clear Trump will contest the election on no sensible grounds whatsoever, but will it even matter at all even for the sake of headlines if Fox News isn’t on board?

FOX News is less the network of conservatism that the network of controlling interests. Call them what you like, but the shadowy powers that run this country are not entirely displeased to see Trump sent packing. He ruffled some feathers that are better left unexposed. The "neocons" et al who run FOX are no friends of true liberty.

It's about time those ruffled feathers are exposed for the better of everyone.

The fraud is trying to claim you've won the election and demanding all further counting stops when there are still votes to be counted. And now we are seeing why he made that claim. He's a greedy despot.
Last edited by cpd on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luckyone

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Jetsgo wrote:
casinterest wrote:

My understanding in NV at least is with Clark and Washoe Counties already reporting in, the margin is smaller than the heavily red rural mail in ballots left to count. Regardless, NV has stated they will not give any updates until tomorrow at the earliest.

All counties in Nevada, including Clark and Washoe, are between 80-90% reporting. Douglas the lowest at 82. Clark then at 84.

zakuivcustom

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:00 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
I personally enjoy Japanese coverage of US elections... :)

This is 10x better than the US coverage :). Plus no partisan bias (AFAIK) on Japanese TV.

OA260 wrote:
Sky News UK have excellent coverage with news and guest interviews from all sides . Probably a breath of fresh air from what Ive seen in other media .

Funny that Sky News is controlled by, well, Murdoch. On the other hand, it's not like Fox News like Trump 100% anyway.

CometII wrote:

This is what too much drug do - it mess up your brain :banghead:

EDIT: Well, Biden took Michigan. The Senate race there remain WAY too close to call, though, with Peters just ahead of James by 0.3%.
Last edited by zakuivcustom on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OA260

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:01 pm

CometII wrote:

Was very uncomfortable to watch. Delusional . The sad thing is there are many well educated decent Republicans watching it too and ashamed.

CometII

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:01 pm

luckyone wrote:
CometII wrote:

That vast left wing conspiracy that the Hildabeast didn't mention.

I still don't get how it is not so obvious to every one with a single firing neuron how sour grapes this all is. They think there was fraud ONLY in the states going blue, but no fraud in Ohio, or Florida, or probably North Carolina. If it wasn't the fact that the sanity and actual social order and economic and health future of an entire nation of 320 million was a stake, I would want Biden to just let it rip and go on to call fraud in all the states he lost close. This is totally Unamerican behavior by the thuggish Trump lackeys.

casinterest

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Jetsgo wrote:
casinterest wrote:

So they want all the votes to be counted right in Nevada? So they should be consistent in Michigan and Wisconsin. The fact that the Trump campaign is not consistent makes me think that they are worried, and that they are engaging in voter fraud,

N212R

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Jetsgo wrote:

Someone mentioned earlier that the "long" delay in reaching a final tally was unusual? The election offices are in Carson City?

cpd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 pm

OA260 wrote:
CometII wrote:

Was very uncomfortable to watch. Delusional . The sad thing is there are many well educated decent Republicans watching it too and ashamed.

If they are ashamed of it, they need to stop hiding away and start denouncing these old cranks - maybe they'll get the message when the party faithful starts calling them out.

sbworcs

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 pm

From my overseas perspecitve the attempt by Trump to suppress votes that have nto been counted (that he thinks will go to the Democrats) is surely trying to steal the election - which he says is wrong?
The best way forwards is upwards!

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:13 pm

I know it's already called, but Biden lead in MI now in excess of 70k votes.
Related, Biden's popular vote number now exceeds that of Obama's 2008 turnout. Impressive for a "Sleepy Joe".
PNW-based private pilot and engineer. #fatpnw

Tugger

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:13 pm

N212R wrote:

I know! Truly frightening... EVERYONE is against Trump! The media, the Dems, the libs, shadowy swampy conservatives and neocons, Hollywood, tech giants, (voter apparently) and even Fox! It is all a conspiracy! Why can't everyone see that!

Poor Donald.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Tugger

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:15 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
Biden's popular vote number now exceeds that of Obama's 2008 turnout. Impressive for a "Sleepy Joe".

Sorry, this is not Biden's popular vote, it is more Trumps UNPOPULAR vote. :wave:

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

cpd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:16 pm

sbworcs wrote:
From my overseas perspecitve the attempt by Trump to suppress votes that have nto been counted (that he thinks will go to the Democrats) is surely trying to steal the election - which he says is wrong?

After this, the USA will have no rights to call on other countries to respect democratic election norms when the USA leadership is unable to do so itself. Maybe it is deliberate from Trump and his people as a scorched earth policy, they know they are on the way out so they'll cause as much damage as possible while they can.

PixelPilot

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:
Biden's popular vote number now exceeds that of Obama's 2008 turnout. Impressive for a "Sleepy Joe".

Sorry, this is not Biden's popular vote, it is more Trumps UNPOPULAR vote. :wave:

Tugg

Agree with this.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Yes indeed.

Tugger

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 pm

N212R wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

Someone mentioned earlier that the "long" delay in reaching a final tally was unusual? The election offices are in Carson City?

Part of the issue is validating ballots. There is only about 8,000 votes separating the two. They are being cautious and working to ensure everything is correct and to the letter before finishing the release and confirming a final tally.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-new ... re-curing/

Tugg

CometII

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:21 pm

sbworcs wrote:

Well if Republicans, or Democrats for that matter, don't trust their own people on the ground, each other, and the states and counties in conducting a fair election, the USA I guess would need to do like other fragile states and call upon international observers to monitor the entire process.

cpd

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Tugger wrote:
N212R wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

Part of the issue is validating ballots. There is only about 8,000 votes separating the two. They are being cautious and working to ensure everything is correct and to the letter before finishing the release and confirming a final tally.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-new ... re-curing/

Tugg

Which is exactly the right thing to do when things are at this level.

winginit

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 pm

The desperate, frantic, soon to be former President of the United States is now spewing nonsense as if the electoral college is some sort of fantasy football draft.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:35 pm

What's the over/under this man-child resigns from the office prior to January?

Aesma

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:36 pm

No mention of Biden's speech ? I liked how he mentioned, as if in passing, that it would be only the fourth time an incumbent is defeated.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Ken777

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 pm

cpd wrote:
SMH has Biden 119 to Trump's 92, with Trump having 50.18% of the votes to 48.49% of Biden.

If Trump loses despite having more votes, that will be interesting - will he protest it? ;)

That would be good to see if Trump gets 3.000.000 votes more than Biden and bind captures the Electoral Voted and gets Inaugurated. That might FINALLY get the GOP going to move to end the EC and go with straight national popular vote.

Pity that the Senate didn't complete the hate trick - that is going to put McConnell into a position of getting the GOP into being the "Party of No" again. :vomit:

scbriml

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:46 pm

Aesma wrote:
No mention of Biden's speech ? I liked how he mentioned, as if in passing, that it would be only the fourth time an incumbent is defeated.

That would be the second small, exclusive club that Trump would join. Right alongside being impeached.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ArcticSEA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:18 pm

alfa164

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:20 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:

"allegedly" is the key word there...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Aaron747

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:38 pm

Something tells me ‘we hereby claim’ did not come from the legal team :sarcastic:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

stl07

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:56 pm

Starting to see some MAGAs in congress distance themselves from him...incredibly shameless that it took them this long, but at least they are not under the delusion that they can just invent a win
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

FreequentFlier

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:04 am

I wonder if the Democrats still think we should eliminate the Senate filibuster. :lol:

A101

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:06 am

Well with Biden on 264 and Trump on 214 methinks Trump needs a miracle.

ole trumpy certainly ruffled some feathers in the last 4 years but i certainly cant wait to see him go. Someone should have taken his twitter account down long ago

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:07 am

A101 wrote:
Well with Biden on 264 and Trump on 214 methinks Trump needs a miracle.

ole trumpy certainly ruffled some feathers in the last 4 years but i certainly cant wait to see him go. Someone should have taken his twitter account down long ago

IIRC Twitter decided it was best to leave it active and allow people to see what he says - perhaps they were right.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

flyguy89

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:12 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
I wonder if the Democrats still think we should eliminate the Senate filibuster. :lol:

THIS. I will be so glad to see Trump go, but the Democrats were pretty mouthy about the filibuster lately. It'll be funny if they suddenly still want to (incorrectly) tar it as "Jim Crow" relic that needs to go.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:16 am

If anyone wants a really fun read....

https://twitter.com/nicholasvollaro
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

flyguy89

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:25 am

Arizona still making me nervous. As many as 400K ballots still to be counted. While not likely, still a reasonable chance it could swing back to Trump.

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:26 am

Trump campaign is now suing the state of Georgia in an attempt to get them to stop counting votes.

FreequentFlier

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:28 am

flyguy89 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

THIS. I will be so glad to see Trump go, but the Democrats were pretty mouthy about the filibuster lately. It'll be funny if they suddenly still want to (incorrectly) tar it as "Jim Crow" relic that needs to go.

Lol, yeah I forgot about that gem from Obama. That will be memory holed effective immediately.

luckyone

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:31 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
Trump campaign is now suing the state of Georgia in an attempt to get them to stop counting votes.

Someone who supports him please try to help me make sense out of this. Has he just smelled the covfefe and realizes he may very well lose?

Tugger

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:32 am

flyguy89 wrote:
Arizona still making me nervous. As many as 400K ballots still to be counted. While not likely, still a reasonable chance it could swing back to Trump.

Possible, that is why the ballots are still being counted (or has Trump sued to stop that too?). But it is highly unlikely as not every single vote will be for Trump (hmmm... what if they are?) and the areas being counted tend to lean Dem.

I do laugh when I here Giuliani and other elites on Trump's team talk about "voter fraud" and how "the people" need to decide the election and that the "elites" are trying to steal it. As he and his team of elites work to stop the vote from proceeding. It's just kinda, almost laughable.

Tugg

OA260

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:39 am

cpd

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:47 am

Tugger wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Possible, that is why the ballots are still being counted (or has Trump sued to stop that too?). But it is highly unlikely as not every single vote will be for Trump (hmmm... what if they are?) and the areas being counted tend to lean Dem.

I do laugh when I here Giuliani and other elites on Trump's team talk about "voter fraud" and how "the people" need to decide the election and that the "elites" are trying to steal it. As he and his team of elites work to stop the vote from proceeding. It's just kinda, almost laughable.

Tugg

The only fraud seems to be come from Trump and his team of cronies. Trying to prevent democratic processes happening.

hkg82

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:48 am

Trump’s lead in PA has narrowed to just +3, per NY Times. Do we know, as of now, how many votes are still yet to be tallied in PA?

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:53 am

The levels of crazy the sycophants are reaching is incredible, even for what we have seen of them the last couple years. Just totally wild, silly claims without evidence.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status ... 31233?s=20

winginit

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:59 am

Aaron747 wrote:
The levels of crazy the sycophants are reaching is incredible, even for what we have seen of them the last couple years. Just totally wild, silly claims without evidence.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status ... 31233?s=20

I'm going to enjoy all of this very, very much in what is admittedly a very twisted way. These buffoons like Giuliani and Trump's legal goons dashing state to state to try and plug the holes in the lifeboat. But this isn't Florida in 2000 - they can't just flood the recount zone and hone the nation's attention on a single state or precinct. They'll try to interfere in Pennsylvania only to see Arizona possibly called by more outlets as early as tonight, and then when they try and focus their attention there Nevada will be called tomorrow morning with continued threat in Georgia, and at that point it'll all be over... for all of them.

Idiots. All of these idiots who thought they could play government.
Last edited by winginit on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.