Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

keesje

Re: Official Election thread

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:34 am

I think the US needs a very dull, correct, non vocal president for the next 4 years, to enable the layers below him to get to their senses, make deals, de-escalade, unite, recover.

Aesma

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:00 am

The problem is you have old rich farts at the helm both in the Senate and House so they don't really have anything to gain from working together, at worst for them if next election looks bad they can retire.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:02 am

bennett123 wrote:
PixelPilot

Wonder how 4 years of political games from the Republicans would play out in 2024.

Could find that voters are unimpressed with Republican values.

The usual: Mitch McConnel will simply let any Bill decompose on his desk, and Judgeships stay vacant, unless someone bribes him with some federal money for KY, securing his reelection, to bring it to the Senate floor. And then run on "do nothing Democrats" in the next election cycle. Since plenty of GOP voters don´t consume anything but right wing media, most of them never learn that Mitch is effectively the singular reason nothing gets done in DC, even if it is something a majority of GOP voters wants*.The man has made blackmail while pointing at the other side an art form.
At least it would seem like he doesn´t have a useful idiot President to draw the voters ire anymore, that is at least a little progress.

best regards
Thomas

*like universal background checks have 80+% support among Republicans, the bill is rotting on his desk: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ort-backg/

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:16 am

cpd wrote:
There is the chance Trump can still win this. Especially if he can use the courts to have those votes excluded/destroyed.

could you explain how you think the courts would exclude/destroy votes? The poll workers stop counting ballot when there are no more ballots to be counted then they start the process of certifying the votes the process takes two weeks. Did you happen to notice, that nobody did anything about Trump's lawsuits he filed on election day or the day after? You know why? because his lawsuits are without merit.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:37 am

some of Trump supporters are spreading rumors that google knows how to change 15 million votes without anybody knowing. I am trying not to make fun of them, but hey, why didn't google just change 40 million votes without anybody knowing and then we all wouldn't have to wait days on these swing states? The other thing on Facebook is people saying they are witnessing people being turned away at polling because they have already voted. Yeah, pretty sure I remember Trump telling them to vote by mail and then try to vote in person.

scbriml

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:54 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
some of Trump supporters are spreading rumors that google knows how to change 15 million votes without anybody knowing.

So let me get this right, Google can allegedly change millions of votes “without anybody knowing”, but Trump supporters know about it? :scratchchin:

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:27 am

If people have have already voted, then they should be turned away.

As for the thing with Google, how come yjis didn't happen in 2016.

Aesma

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:36 am

It's funny how these people hate "luberallllls" and coastal elites but are obsessive users of Twitter and Facebook, both HQed in SF/Bay area...

jfklganyc

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:46 am

Mitch McConnell is the big winner...again.

Nancy lost a bunch of seats.

Trump likely lost.

Biden has a party with some pretty radical (or visionary depending on your viewpoint) ideas. That is all dead in the water.

The next two years will be meat and potato kinda years. The basics. Maybe that is what the US needs

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:47 am

Aesma wrote:
It's funny how these people hate "luberallllls" and coastal elites but are obsessive users of Twitter and Facebook, both HQed in SF/Bay area...

That kills me most - the joke's on them. Every click and post only enriches those evil lib'ruls.

c933103

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 am

jfklganyc wrote:

Trump likely lost.

Biden has a party with some pretty radical (or visionary depending on your viewpoint) ideas. That is all dead in the water.

The next two years will be meat and potato kinda years. The basics. Maybe that is what the US needs

That might be what US needs but that would be detrimental to US allies
Maybe it's finally the time for US allies to step up and taking the lead instead

dragon-wings

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 am

Biden is now only a couple of thousand votes behind Trump in Georgia!

Edit: I ment thousands (18,540 to be exact)

Arion640

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:11 pm

jfklganyc wrote:

Trump likely lost.

The US really does have a bizzare political system.

Would be interesting to see if trump can flip Arizona or even Nevada.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:35 pm

scbriml wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
some of Trump supporters are spreading rumors that google knows how to change 15 million votes without anybody knowing.

So let me get this right, Google can allegedly change millions of votes “without anybody knowing”, but Trump supporters know about it? :scratchchin:

and they can not change senate votes in the same election apparently.

And look, "Project Veritas" is back with their usual tricks to fake a story

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/mic ... scheme-to/

best regards
Thomas

bgm

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Presidential spiritual adviser Paula White is currently leading an impassioned prayer service in an effort to secure Trump's reelection.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Soapmoine/st ... 98944?s=07

and for those who want a bit of music with their craziness, here is the Eminem version:
https://twitter.com/Soapmoine/status/13 ... 98944?s=20

sebolino

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:39 pm

scbriml wrote:

Yeah, that's something definitely funny with complotists. They always know things that are top secret, because generally they saw it on youtube or read it on some conspirationist website. Only very reliable sources !! :D

casinterest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:46 pm

casinterest wrote:
bgm wrote:
Presidential spiritual adviser Paula White is currently leading an impassioned prayer service in an effort to secure Trump's reelection.

and for those who want a bit of music with their craziness, here is the Eminem version:

I have seen all sorts of BS on my facebook feeds.
From Rapture to Damnation, to the end of America. I have had to block those feeds for 30 days, just to not point out how stupid some folks are.

Aesma wrote:

You are forgetting , they hang on the words of people who operate out of a big building on 6th Avenue in NYC.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:54 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
ssteve wrote:
I'm not sure what centrism would be.

There are a lot of people with reasonable 'centrist' views. But they no longer have centrist candidates to vote for.

McCain was close, Dole, even Romney trended that way.

All got hurt by the attacks from within the GOP.

Trump's 2016 primary run is the type of scorched earth demonization of the other party candidates.

It is my strong belief that the vote for most people in the United States is which of the two is the lesser evil. Rather than votes for a candidate, especially in the last two elections.

Yep which is why the next two years nothing will get accomplished. A radical bill will go to the Senate and die there. Any Executive order will be fought in court. As usual the people lose and the media wins.

casinterest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:55 pm

50,000 Votes left to count throughout Georgia.

If Biden Takes 70% of those, then Biden wins. A bit of a stretch, but if most are in Fulton and Dekalb, it is entirely possible.

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Georgia's top election official has estimated that around 50,000 ballots are still to be counted.

According to US media, vote counters are tallying about 3,000 ballots per hour in the state. So literally speaking, it could take around 16 hours or so to get to the end.

But of course, if one candidate takes an insurmountable lead, the race will be projected earlier than that.

Just seen on BBC website.

President: Georgia
BATTLEGROUND
16 Electoral Votes
+ FOLLOW
Candidate % Votes
Trump
Incumbent
49.6% 2,432,424
Biden
49.2% 2,413,836
Est. 96% in

Copied from CNN.

So out of those 50,000, Biden needs 20,000 MORE than Trump.

On that basis, GA is likely to be called soon.

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:13 pm

When you go down to County level, 13 counties with Trump ahead have 90% or less in, compared to 8 for Biden.

Both Dekalb and Fulton are at 95% in.

I don't see Biden winning this one.

N867DA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:22 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... vania.html

Looking at margins from 2016 versus 2020, a lot of counties that went Trump in 2016 are incredibly overperforming for Trump--against even adjacent counties with all their votes in. I think this means the outstanding votes are all mail-ins that skew Biden.

Philadelphia, Erie, and Allegheny county are also light, and a good source for Biden votes.

Whether there is enough to overcome a ~200,000 vote gap remains to be seen.

Biden winning PA means this is finished.

RainerBoeing777

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:22 pm

what happened to Michigan ??? supposedly the official voting page in the state says Trump won

scbriml

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:24 pm

casinterest wrote:
I have had to block those feeds for 30 days, just to not point out how stupid some folks are.

[cue Mission Impossible theme]

There's just too much stupid out there to correct.

proest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Well, it seems to be 50,000 ballots left + 25,000 not reported. Also Biden only needs 16,000 votes. Changes the math drastically. Anyway, it will be close and I expect the count to be too tight to give any definite answer before military and overseas ballots are added.

scbriml

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:26 pm

bgm wrote:

I don't know what she's on, but is it available over the counter?

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:27 pm

She eats freedom fries for breakfast every day.

CRJ200flyer

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:28 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
what happened to Michigan ??? supposedly the official voting page in the state says Trump won

It now shows Biden has won. Some of my conservative friends sent me this last night since I live in Michigan. I went and looked at the data, and was confused at first too until I noticed all the elections in Wayne County still had 0 votes listed and three counties data were not yet logged in Michigan. I think they were awaiting the official tally from Wayne County before updating it.

N867DA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 pm

CRJ200flyer wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

It now shows Biden has won. Some of my conservative friends sent me this last night since I live in Michigan. I went and looked at the data, and was confused at first too until I noticed all the elections in Wayne County still had 0 votes listed and three counties data were not yet logged in Michigan. I think they were awaiting the official tally from Wayne County before updating it.

The Michigan official voting page zeroes counties until 100% of the tally is reported. Wayne County was 0 votes, and then when it finishes counting and gets added Detroit does its thing and flips the states.

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:43 pm

bgm

I am surprised that the Trump camp let her out.

Are you sue she isn't a friend of Borat.

PixelPilot

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:54 pm

bennett123 wrote:
PixelPilot

Wonder how 4 years of political games from the Republicans would play out in 2024.

Absolutely it can go any way but my guess would be that Republicans will win more in 2022 and 2024.
They will probably block a lot and do as much as they can to push negative agenda towards the new prez.
Joe Kamala will be pressured by the extremes like AOC and somebody said here (or I read it. Too much info at this point) that she has a shot at Schumer and it makes sense. She and "the squad" are growing fast. Lock more people due to covid and push them into hardship and their words will sound even sweeter.
If that happens for some reason and Pelosi loses power to a more radical/progressive (which also makes sense if things don't change) then America will respond. Even with Trump, this country voted conservative. People want this, just with a better presence.
That's how I see it.
Obviously now I have to wait to find out haha.

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Richard Spencer, racist, voted for Biden. Nutters are everywhere.

https://www.newsweek.com/white-national ... gy-1544572

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:03 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
PixelPilot

Absolutely it can go any way but my guess would be that Republicans will win more in 2022 and 2024.
They will probably block a lot and do as much as they can to push negative agenda towards the new prez.
Joe Kamala will be pressured by the extremes like AOC and somebody said here (or I read it. Too much info at this point) that she has a shot at Schumer and it makes sense. She and "the squad" are growing fast. Lock more people due to covid and push them into hardship and their words will sound even sweeter.
If that happens for some reason and Pelosi loses power to a more radical/progressive (which also makes sense if things don't change) then America will respond. Even with Trump, this country voted conservative. People want this, just with a better presence.
That's how I see it.

Absolutely no evidence for what you claim - if anything the results downballot in House races are making Dem leadership think about consolidating centrist power.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5245 ... on-results

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:04 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Richard Spencer, racist, voted for Biden. Nutters are everywhere.

https://www.newsweek.com/white-national ... gy-1544572

In addition to being a nutcase, this is not out of character for these looney tunes. A casual glance at places like Stormfront will show you they are deeply divided over whether or not to support Trump because he has too many Jews in his family.

NYCVIE

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:05 pm

cpd wrote:
There is the chance Trump can still win this. Especially if he can use the courts to have those votes excluded/destroyed.

Going into this election when it was supposedly going to come down to Pennsylvania, maybe. But I think the Trump campaign wasn't expecting it would be this bad. It's really unlikely that they're able to do that in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and potentially Arizona and GEORGIA.

There's even still a fair chance Biden wins Pennsylvania WITHOUT any of the postmarked votes Trump is trying to get thrown out.

Jetty

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:11 pm

bennett123 wrote:
When you go down to County level, 13 counties with Trump ahead have 90% or less in, compared to 8 for Biden.

Those percentages are estimates and incorrect if the number of votes left to be counted is 50.000 statewide.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:15 pm

Jetty wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Those percentages are estimates and incorrect if the number of votes left to be counted is 50.000 statewide.

Also some of the precinct percentages are only based on election-day tabulations, depending on the state.

rfields5421

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:21 pm

dragon-wings wrote:
I don't know if anyone saw this. but on CNN they were showing a group of Trump supporters demonstrating outside one of the places were they are counting votes in Arizona. They said some have long guns.

And the horrible part is that there are many GOP/ Trump approved observers inside all the ballot counting locations across the country. Along with Democrat observers.

They know how the ballots are being counted, some of the totals information before it is publicly released.

There have been NO NEW FOUND ballots. The GOP/ Trump organization knew how many absentee/ early ballots there were in these states. The people in the GOP told the White House and Trump Campaign how long it would take, and what the deadlines are in every state.

I am sure President Trump got a one page summary of the key states on his desk Tuesday. So far everything is going to the pre-election plan.

Again differences - Nevada has long had a policy (maybe a state law) of releasing voting day totals, and then releasing an updated total only after ALL the ballots have been counted in all the state counties, from the state capitol, not the individual counties. Their counting election officials only count during the business day.

Other states the counties release numbers as groups of ballots are counted and have people counting 24/7.

The horrible thing about the law suits in a couple states is the GOP is asking that the vote counting stop which would be a violation of state law.

There is a FEDERAL LAW that requires votes postmarked at overseas military bases and other locations by the end of election day - be counted if they are received up to TEN DAYS after the election date. This law is to protect the rights of members of the military and their families to vote. Some places overseas or on ships at sea, Mail can take weeks, incoming or out going (the military no longer handles APO/FPO mail - it is contracted out almost all over the world).

Now, many states like Texas ignore the federal law, and the federal government has never tried to sue the states over that.
Last edited by rfields5421 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RainerBoeing777

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:28 pm

What is happening in Nevada that they are not reporting the votes ???

PixelPilot

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
PixelPilot

That's how I see it.

Absolutely no evidence for what you claim - if anything the results downballot in House races are making Dem leadership think about consolidating centrist power.

It's my view?
Is that not ok?
Your "evidence" is somebody else's opinion. How's that a fact that proves my view is wrong?

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:35 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

That's how I see it.

It's my view?
Is that not ok?
Your "evidence" is somebody else's opinion. How's that a fact that proves my view is wrong?

Not opinion - factual reporting of discussions currently under way in the Dem caucus. There are no plans being reported like what you claimed - growing 'squad' and a progressive replacement for Pelosi and the like. That's pure fantasy.

PixelPilot

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

It's my view?
Is that not ok?

Not opinion - factual reporting of discussions currently under way in the Dem caucus. There are no plans being reported like what you claimed - growing 'squad' and a progressive replacement for Pelosi and the like. That's pure fantasy.

Sooo till it actually happens is just talk... Like me... Talking.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

AirWorthy99

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
PixelPilot

That's how I see it.

Nice way to spin the disaster by the Democrats down ballot.

Disaster is also an understatement.

Pelosi didn't even care of coming up with a COVID relief measure that goes at least half way to the GOP's proposal. She was so sure of her winning, now she is barely being seen since the defeat that was HUGE. Schumer too.

Also considering the huge help from the fake polling, the MSM the Democrats had, the huge fundraising, this election as a whole, even if Biden win, is a HUGE loss for Democrats.

The big story here is how you can become so delusional when you believe in your own fake polls. Now you want to spin these results which look to be a TOTAL repudiation of the Democrats and the political and corporate establishment of this country.

Biden is barely eking out a win, despite all of that.

Tugger

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:40 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:

This should answer your question:

The lack of results leaving many wondering what is taking so long in the Silver State.

The president of the League of Women Voters Nevada says this was expected.

"It's aligning with a law that we passed in August, to make sure that we would be able to have options for voting based on the pandemic conditions," said Dr. Sondra Cosgrove.

Under Assembly Bill 4, all active voters in the state would receive a mail-in ballot for an election if there's a state of emergency, regardless of whether they request one.

"Due to statutory requirements, we have to continue to receive mail that was postmarked by November 3rd through the 10th of November," said Gloria. "And cures are - and voters who need to cure their ballot have until November the 12th."

More info is here:
https://news3lv.com/news/local/league-o ... -in-nevada

Tugg

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:40 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:

It's very sad and very scary. I can tell you that, and the Dems said the last election was illegitimate?

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:41 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

That's how I see it.

Nice way to spin the disaster by the Democrats down ballot.

Disaster is also an understatement.

Pelosi didn't even care of coming up with a COVID relief measure that goes at least half way to the GOP's proposal. She was so sure of her winning, now she is barely being seen since the defeat that was HUGE. Schumer too.

Also considering the huge help from the fake polling, the MSM the Democrats had, the huge fundraising, this election as a whole, even if Biden win, is a HUGE loss for Democrats.

The big story here is how you can become so delusional when you believe in your own fake polls. Now you want to spin these results which look to be a TOTAL repudiation of the Democrats and the political and corporate establishment of this country.

Biden is barely eking out a win, despite all of that.

How is what I said 'spin'? The sentence I posted is logical and used no adjective - positive or negative - on the downballot results. It is what it is.

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:42 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

It's very sad and very scary. I can tell you that, and the Dems said the last election was illegitimate?

I love that this is the hill you want to die on. I pity you.
Are you insane? In 2016, absentee/mail voting was ~20% of the total. This year, it's nearly 70%.
We are in a pandemic. This is going to take time. I'm sorry you aren't instantly gratified.
Last edited by ArcticSEA on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rfields5421

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:44 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:

Nevada for years has had a policy (maybe a state law) election day results are reported to the public/ news media.

Then the absentee ballots (and early voting ballots) are tabulated, and a final count is later announced, usually on the Friday after election. No interim updates.

What is happening in Nevada is the same thing that happened in 2016, 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000......

Now there are GOP and Democrat observers watching the vote counts of those ballots, and we are hearing leaked information about counts, probably from those observers. But officially the state has not released any numbers since election day.

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Trump's lead in PA is down to ~135k. Yesterday at this time, Trump's lead there was ~700k. Biden is on track win PA. And if he does, Trump has "officially" lost the election. This is all going to come together very quickly today I believe. Trump's lead in GA is down to ~18k. Biden is within striking distance in GA. Biden's lead in AZ holding steady right now at ~68k. Fox News stands by their decision desk call in AZ for Biden.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:48 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

There is nothing 'scary' about math. The Clark County registrar said they can count 70K ballots/day, and they have something like 400K provisional and mail-in ballots to count. What's 'scary' about that?

Also you know full well there are observers from both parties at tabulation locations. Nothing 'illegitimate' is happening other than spreading ridiculous conspiracy nonsense.

Nevada state law stipulates:

The public is allowed to observe the handling of ballots after the polls close and observe the delivery of the sealed container of ballots to a receiving center or central counting place (Nev. Rev. Stat. 293B.330, 293B.335).
Counting of ballots at polling locations is open to the public (Nev. Rev. Stat. 293.363).
The counting of ballots at central counting places are open to the public (Nev. Rev. Stat. NRS 293B.353, 293B.380).
Post-election audits are open to the public (Nev. Admin. Code 293.255).

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections ... rvers.aspx
Last edited by Aaron747 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.