Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AirWorthy99

Re: Official Election thread

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Absolutely no evidence for what you claim - if anything the results downballot in House races are making Dem leadership think about consolidating centrist power.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5245 ... on-results

Nice way to spin the disaster by the Democrats down ballot.

Disaster is also an understatement.

Pelosi didn't even care of coming up with a COVID relief measure that goes at least half way to the GOP's proposal. She was so sure of her winning, now she is barely being seen since the defeat that was HUGE. Schumer too.

Also considering the huge help from the fake polling, the MSM the Democrats had, the huge fundraising, this election as a whole, even if Biden win, is a HUGE loss for Democrats.

The big story here is how you can become so delusional when you believe in your own fake polls. Now you want to spin these results which look to be a TOTAL repudiation of the Democrats and the political and corporate establishment of this country.

Biden is barely eking out a win, despite all of that.

How is what I said 'spin'? The sentence I posted is logical and used no adjective - positive or negative - on the downballot results. It is what it is.

Ok good, lets call it as it is then. All of us, based on the results.

I have been in this forum since January. And you and I and others we have debated on what exactly the electorate is interested about. Not tearing down State of the Union speeches, not impeachment, not shutting down this country for COVID, not blaming COVID deaths on Trump, not insisting on medicare for all, green new deal, packing the courts, raising taxes, systematic racism, ending filibuster, etc. That's what Democrats, and many you here have been saying are the winning arguments.

It seems I was right, despite not me being a political scholar, or a pundit. People care about real issues, how to get good jobs, improving their own lives not with the help of the government but with small businesses, school choice, secure neighborhoods, etc. You know meat and potatoes.

I fear the Democrats won't learn from this, and in 2022 they will keep pushing this, and dig in. Well not fear, good, they will lose badly in 2022 and coming 2024 we will have a better candidate for the WH that could expand our electorate and keep us in power, and despite what you all believe, no Trumpism is not dead, basically it will still be going on for a long time. And the best is, without stupid tweets, stupid comments and such.

Despite what ever Biden might do with the pen if he wins, we will revert it all back in 2024.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:55 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Well not fear, good, they will lose badly in 2022 and coming 2024 we will have a better candidate for the WH that could expand our electorate and keep us in power, and despite what you all believe, no Trumpism is not dead, basically it will still be going on for a long time. And the best is, without stupid tweets, stupid comments and such.

Nobody has made the claim 'Trumpism is dead' - can you find it in the 11 pages of this thread? Doubtful.

The point was to get this unprofessional, incompetent, grift-tastic administration out. As to the rest, that's all debatable because it's a big country and there's a lot of opinions. It just so happens there were nearly 4 million more opinions on Biden's side, as of current count.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:56 pm

If these percentages of votes in are incorrect, what are your figures?.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:59 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
I love that this is the hill you want to die on. I pity you.
Are you insane? In 2016, absentee/mail voting was ~20% of the total. This year, it's nearly 70%.
We are in a pandemic. This is going to take time. I'm sorry you aren't instantly gratified.

Spare me what does that have to do with refusing to report votes?
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:
I love that this is the hill you want to die on. I pity you.
Are you insane? In 2016, absentee/mail voting was ~20% of the total. This year, it's nearly 70%.
We are in a pandemic. This is going to take time. I'm sorry you aren't instantly gratified.

Spare me what does that have to do with refusing to report votes?

See reply #505 from rfields, it's amazing to know one's own state's procedures so poorly.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:09 pm

luckyone wrote:
Don't feed the trolls.

I disagree. They should be confronted and their ridiculous views tarred and feathered.
You have freedom of speech. You do not have freedom to commit seditious, violent insurrection.

luckyone

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Trump has filed or is reported to do so shortly in Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, and Pennsylvania. Is it reasonable to ask if he has done so because he anticipates losing these states?

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm

luckyone wrote:
Is it reasonable to ask if he has done so because he anticipates losing these states?

It's not even worth asking, because it is obvious why. He wants to create chaos and sew discord over the results. It's what despots do.
You have freedom of speech. You do not have freedom to commit seditious, violent insurrection.

N867DA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:14 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Nice way to spin the disaster by the Democrats down ballot.

Disaster is also an understatement.

Pelosi didn't even care of coming up with a COVID relief measure that goes at least half way to the GOP's proposal. She was so sure of her winning, now she is barely being seen since the defeat that was HUGE. Schumer too.

Also considering the huge help from the fake polling, the MSM the Democrats had, the huge fundraising, this election as a whole, even if Biden win, is a HUGE loss for Democrats.

The big story here is how you can become so delusional when you believe in your own fake polls. Now you want to spin these results which look to be a TOTAL repudiation of the Democrats and the political and corporate establishment of this country.

Biden is barely eking out a win, despite all of that.

How is what I said 'spin'? The sentence I posted is logical and used no adjective - positive or negative - on the downballot results. It is what it is.

I have been in this forum since January. And you and I and others we have debated on what exactly the electorate is interested about. Not tearing down State of the Union speeches, not impeachment, not shutting down this country for COVID, not blaming COVID deaths on Trump, not insisting on medicare for all, green new deal, packing the courts, raising taxes, systematic racism, ending filibuster, etc. That's what Democrats, and many you here have been saying are the winning arguments.

It seems I was right, despite not me being a political scholar, or a pundit. People care about real issues, how to get good jobs, improving their own lives not with the help of the government but with small businesses, school choice, secure neighborhoods, etc. You know meat and potatoes.

I fear the Democrats won't learn from this, and in 2022 they will keep pushing this, and dig in. Well not fear, good, they will lose badly in 2022 and coming 2024 we will have a better candidate for the WH that could expand our electorate and keep us in power, and despite what you all believe, no Trumpism is not dead, basically it will still be going on for a long time. And the best is, without stupid tweets, stupid comments and such.

Despite what ever Biden might do with the pen if he wins, we will revert it all back in 2024.

Yeah. Regardless of the outcome of the election both parties have a lot of soul-searching to do. Democrats need to improve their branding, outreach. This election really shouldn't have been close.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

casinterest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:17 pm

N867DA wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Yeah. Regardless of the outcome of the election both parties have a lot of soul-searching to do. Democrats need to improve their branding, outreach. This election really shouldn't have been close.

According to Trump , Biden spent the whole time in the basement. I would say the democrats did a good job. The scary part is how much misinformation and garbage is spewed by the conservatives to get their vote out. Watching Trump's current behavior should scare the crap out of anyone who believes in election integrity and the dignity of the office of the presidency.
Where ever you go, there you are.

PixelPilot

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
N867DA wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

According to Trump , Biden spent the whole time in the basement. I would say the democrats did a good job. The scary part is how much misinformation and garbage is spewed by the conservatives to get their vote out. Watching Trump's current behavior should scare the crap out of anyone who believes in election integrity and the dignity of the office of the presidency.

That should tell you how bad the Democrats are doing if they couldn't "blue tsunami" such behavior which believe it or not is not that hard to notice.

AirWorthy99

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:24 pm

casinterest wrote:
N867DA wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Democrats did a good job?

They will have a razor thin House majority probably of 10.

Senate, they had chances to expand there like crazy, considering all the money they spent. The Senate might come to 51 Republican Majority, and if Perdue doesn't get the 50+ in Georgia, sure in January the GOP will add those 2 other seats in GA. So by February will be a 52 GOP senate majority.

Yes there was so much misinformation garbage, like polls saying Biden was winning Wisconsin by 17 points, and the rest of the states, many polls telling people to stay home and not waste your time voting for Trump.

I am glad you are happy because I am too, the Democrats won't be able to get their extreme agenda in. In 2022 we get the house back, 2024 the WH.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

N867DA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:27 pm

casinterest wrote:
N867DA wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

High turnout elections usually cause Democratic wins but that didn't happen. Joe Biden has gotten more votes for President than any other candidate. The number two candidate on that list is Donald Trump in 2020. Trump is an excellent marketer that is great at selling snake oil. And frankly, there are a lot of newcomers to politics who enjoy the crapshow that Donald Trump pulls--the leering and jeering, divisive rhetoric, and lack of class. They see the classlessness as an attribute. And then when he directly acts against their best interest, they vote for him.

Meanwhile Democrats are digging deeper and deeper into this BLM/ACAB rhetoric--and while those groups have valid points the way the points are packaged likely scare the crap out of predominantly white, working class states like Penn. or Michigan. Democrats need to double down on being--and representing themselves--as the party of labor. We should lift the ship for all--white, black, or purple while accepting there are things that make lifting some easier than others. Connect with voters like Obama.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

sebolino

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:30 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
What is happening in Nevada that they are not reporting the votes ???

It's very sad and very scary. I can tell you that, and the Dems said the last election was illegitimate?

Can you elaborate on what is sad and scary ??

Thunderboltdrgn

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:41 pm

proest wrote:
Well, it seems to be 50,000 ballots left + 25,000 not reported. Also Biden only needs 16,000 votes. Changes the math drastically. Anyway, it will be close and
I expect the count to be too tight to give any definite answer before military and overseas ballots are added.

Historically, which of the democratic or republican presidential candidate has been the most popular with the military/oversees voters/ballots?
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

zakuivcustom

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:43 pm

N867DA wrote:
Meanwhile Democrats are digging deeper and deeper into this BLM/ACAB rhetoric--and while those groups have valid points the way the points are packaged likely scare the crap out of predominantly white, working class states like Penn. or Michigan. Democrats need to double down on being--and representing themselves--as the party of labor. We should lift the ship for all--white, black, or purple while accepting there are things that make lifting some easier than others. Connect with voters like Obama.

Another factor I'll add in - The Dems are going to lose even more Hispanic votes if they continue to pander to one single group (i.e. African-Americans). For far too long Dems took Hispanics' vote for granted anyway.

Yes, there's always the immigration issue, but the belief of Dems that every single Hispanics are for those illegal immigrants to just move to US is just plain wrong.

Otherwise, it was exactly the focus on an ignored group of people (i.e. white blue-collar voters) that Trump was able to win in 2016 anyway.

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:44 pm

Biden now ~14k votes behind Trump and closing in GA. Wow.

PixelPilot

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:44 pm

The more I think about if Trump loses and things stay as they are this might be one of the greatest republican / conservative victories because it takes the problem out of their hands that otherwise would be hard to swipe under the rug in 4 years while giving them all the power they need to keep doing what they are doing.

rfields5421

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:50 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
The more I think about if Trump loses this might be one of the greatest republican / conservative victories because it takes the problem out of their hands that otherwise would be hard to swipe under the rug in 4 years while giving them all the power they need to keep doing what they are doing.

Some truth to that. The day Biden is sworn in as President, COVID, economic COVID damage, the ballooned deficit and all other problems become the fault of the Democrats.

Nothing will change much no matter who is in the White House because there is no real change in the Congress.
Not all who wander are lost.

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:52 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
Nothing will change much no matter who is in the White House because there is no real change in the Congress.

On the plus side...
- WW3 will no longer start via tweet
- "Very fine people" will cease to exist on "both sides" of the "debate" over white supremacy/blood/soil
- Mexicans will no longer be presumed to be rapists or only "some good people"
- War heroes will be honored again, instead of only the ones who didn't get captured

dtw2hyd

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:54 pm

casinterest wrote:
The scary part is how much misinformation and garbage is spewed by the conservatives to get their vote out. Watching Trump's current behavior should scare the crap out of anyone who believes in election integrity and the dignity of the office of the presidency.

I would say both sides did well very well in spreading misinformation in their own way, hence the stalemate.

The integrity, dignity, decorum, protocols and whatever of presidency are long gone. That is on Democrats, they should have accepted whoever won for the term, but they didn't. Putting that genie back in the bottle is impossible.

God forbid GOP holds on to Senate, they will show what is Do Nothing Congress.
All posts are just opinions.

zakuivcustom

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
The more I think about if Trump loses and things stay as they are this might be one of the greatest republican / conservative victories because it takes the problem out of their hands that otherwise would be hard to swipe under the rug in 4 years while giving them all the power they need to keep doing what they are doing.

The winner is definitely "country club" Republicans anyway. No more Trump and his chaotic messages (aka bad for biz), while Republicans (most likely) controlling Senate = Dems will be very unlikely to get anything crazy passed, i.e. no "far"-left bills that actually make those country club type pay more for the country.

NYCVIE

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm

PixelPilot wrote:

This is absolutely the best outcome for Republicans if they manage to retain the Senate majority which is likely but not a given. They would have kept the Senate, increased seats in the house, Conservative majority at the Supreme Court, and they get rid of Trump.

Tugger

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:00 pm

I am fine with all the challenges that Trump wants to throw. Let them. Let's review the ballots and the count and the processes for both. The gnashing I see from some member here that I basically respect, that they appear worried about the integrity of a state's process is nuts. No modern election count has ever fully completed in one night. Counting goes on for many day even weeks if there are questions. The military has mail in ballots that are processed sometimes up to a month after the election because their votes must be respected and accommodated. This is how election work and have worked for decades.

Our system is strong and resilient and even with the COVID issues I am confident in it. And I certainly in no way want anything wrong or improper done.

Bring it. We're good.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

ArcticSEA

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Trump lead in PA down to 116k.

winginit

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:02 pm

The President of the United States, through an official correspondence via Twitter, has proclaimed that he would like to stop counting votes in this year's election immediately. This would, of course, immediately hand Joe Biden victory.

Surely this is the stupidest man ever to hold office.

ArcticSEA wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

On the plus side...
- "Very fine people" will cease to exist on "both sides" of the "debate" over white supremacy/blood/soil
- War heroes will be honored again, instead of only the ones who didn't get captured

Not to mention Biden can immediately undo all of Trump's executive orders and re-join the various organizations (Paris Climate, possibly Iran Nuclear Deal or even a renewed iteration of TPP) that Trump foolishly abandoned.
Last edited by winginit on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYCVIE

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:04 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
casinterest wrote:
The scary part is how much misinformation and garbage is spewed by the conservatives to get their vote out. Watching Trump's current behavior should scare the crap out of anyone who believes in election integrity and the dignity of the office of the presidency.

I would say both sides did well very well in spreading misinformation in their own way, hence the stalemate.

The integrity, dignity, decorum, protocols and whatever of presidency are long gone. That is on Democrats, they should have accepted whoever won for the term, but they didn't. Putting that genie back in the bottle is impossible.

Sorry, was there not proven foreign interference in 2016 and multiple convictions and guilty pleas from Mueller Investigation? If we go further back in time, what was it that Mitch McConnell said not even a month into Obama's Presidency?

PixelPilot

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:05 pm

winginit wrote:

The President of the United States, through an official correspondence via Twitter, has proclaimed that he would like to stop counting votes in this year's election immediately. This would, of course, immediately hand Joe Biden victory.

ArcticSEA wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

On the plus side...

Not to mention Biden can immediately undo all of Trump's executive orders and re-join the various organizations (Paris Climate, possibly Iran Nuclear Deal or even a renewed iteration of TPP) that Trump foolishly abandoned.

This is why it will be better if he goes.

Thunderboltdrgn

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:08 pm

winginit wrote:

I would dispute that the stupidest man ever to hold the office as POTUS. IMO he is only the stupidest man to hold the office as POTUS so far
since theoretically there might some even stupider then Trump to hold the office as POTUS in the future. Perhaps not likely but you never know. ;)
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

casinterest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:10 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Why accept it?
Trump is proving by his behavior the past few days that he is the most ANTI-AMERICAN that has ever held he office. He lies and cheats.

The democrats are only correct in that he is a Russian puppet.

casinterest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Biden's lead is stretching out in Nevada.
Now +12,000

rfields5421

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
winginit wrote:

I would dispute that the stupidest man ever to hold the office as POTUS. IMO he is only the stupidest man to hold the office as POTUS so far
since theoretically there might some even stupider then Trump to hold the office as POTUS in the future. Perhaps not likely but you never know. ;)

Actually I think Warren G Harding has Trump beat on the stupidity category. And some of the 1900's presidents were not geniuses.

I actually do not thing Trump is stupid. He was raised to believe that the laws and other things applied to the 'common people' and that he and his family were entitled to do anything they wanted. He just can't overcome the idea that he works FOR the people, and really believes that the US government should work FOR Donald J. Trump and family.
Not all who wander are lost.

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Not sure that the Founding Fathers would have viewed one party controlling the Presidency, both Houses of Congress and the Supreme Court as a good thing.

winginit

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:22 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Not sure that the Founding Fathers would have viewed one party controlling the Presidency, both Houses of Congress and the Supreme Court as a good thing.

The founding fathers literally viewed other races and genders as their property. Who cares what they would think of contemporary things that they'd have no understanding of?

SQ22

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:23 pm

Please note that using terms line Crazy Joe or Traitor Trump only results in deletion of your post for violating forum rules.

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:24 pm

They did create the Constitution among other things.

Braybuddy

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:25 pm

A lot of a politician's appeal -- and votes -- comes down to their likeability factor.They garner extra votes for no other reason than the fact that people just like them. Whether you agreed with them or not, you couldn't deny Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton both had it, and both won the presidency handsomely. I hadn't seen any of the 2020 campaigning, but looking at some footage on election night, I wondered if the Democrats couldn't have come up with a better candidate that Joe Biden. He really is a charisma-free zone. It's no surprise he's just scraping-in. I realise they had to choose a centrist candidate, but could they not have found a more electable politician in the entire party?

zakuivcustom

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
A lot of a politician's appeal -- and votes -- comes down to their likeability factor.They garner extra votes for no other reason than the fact that people just like them. Whether you agreed with them or not, you couldn't deny Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton both had it, and both won the presidency handsomely. I hadn't seen any of the 2020 campaigning, but looking at some footage on election night, I wondered if the Democrats couldn't have come up with a better candidate that Joe Biden. He really is a charisma-free zone. It's no surprise he's just scraping-in. I realise they had to choose a centrist candidate, but could they not have found a more electable politician in the entire party?

To be fair, though, it is not like anyone else running against Biden in the Dem primary has that much more charisma.

Ok, maybe Buttegieg, but he is just too inexperience and unknown.

EDIT: No, Bernie is not it either. He appeals to one group and one group only (i.e. young college students), but that's it.
Last edited by zakuivcustom on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyguy89

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:43 pm

N867DA wrote:
casinterest wrote:
N867DA wrote:

High turnout elections usually cause Democratic wins but that didn't happen. Joe Biden has gotten more votes for President than any other candidate. The number two candidate on that list is Donald Trump in 2020. Trump is an excellent marketer that is great at selling snake oil. And frankly, there are a lot of newcomers to politics who enjoy the crapshow that Donald Trump pulls--the leering and jeering, divisive rhetoric, and lack of class. They see the classlessness as an attribute. And then when he directly acts against their best interest, they vote for him.

Could not agree more. If you have to constantly play defense, you're doing something wrong. If you have to constantly explain how you're not really a socialist/communist/SJW radical, then you're doing something wrong in your messaging and branding. The thing is...I don't even see anyone else in the wings in the Democrat party who could fit the mold you describe like Obama and Bill Clinton. All the air in the room there seems contantly taken up by the Squad/Sanders/Warren/ACAB/Defund Police types. If Biden does win however, with his age and being a one-termer, I'm hoping he'll feel liberated or not as beholden to the fringe and can maybe restoke the flames of bipartisanship and coalition building.

casinterest

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:48 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
N867DA wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Could not agree more. If you have to constantly play defense, you're doing something wrong. If you have to constantly explain how you're not really a socialist/communist/SJW radical, then you're doing something wrong in your messaging and branding. The thing is...I don't even see anyone else in the wings in the Democrat party who could fit the mold you describe like Obama and Bill Clinton. All the air in the room there seems contantly taken up by the Squad/Sanders/Warren/ACAB/Defund Police types. If Biden does win however, with his age and being a one-termer, I'm hoping he'll feel liberated or not as beholden to the fringe and can maybe restoke the flames of bipartisanship and coalition building.

All the air of the democrats is taking up by uneducated folks that label those that have other ideas as " socialist/communist/SJW radical" These are labels applied by folks that want to control others. They find east victims in folks that go to Fox News/ Right wing radio to enjoy and relish laughing at others, while they are the ones being manipulated into making others enemies. There are not many real conservatives. Most are uneducated folks that vote against their own self interests.

maverick4002

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
N867DA wrote:

Democrats did a good job?

They will have a razor thin House majority probably of 10.

Senate, they had chances to expand there like crazy, considering all the money they spent. The Senate might come to 51 Republican Majority, and if Perdue
doesn't get the 50+ in Georgia, sure in January the GOP will add those 2 other seats in GA. So by February will be a 52 GOP senate majority.

Yes there was so much misinformation garbage, like polls saying Biden was winning Wisconsin by 17 points, and the rest of the states, many polls telling people to stay home and not waste your time voting for Trump.

I am glad you are happy because I am too, the Democrats won't be able to get their extreme agenda in. In 2022 we get the house back, 2024 the WH.

Aww in 2022 and 2024. Enjoy these next 2 and 4 years. Suffer!

maverick4002

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:58 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
N867DA wrote:

Another factor I'll add in - The Dems are going to lose even more Hispanic votes if they continue to pander to one single group (i.e. African-Americans). For far too long Dems took Hispanics' vote for granted anyway.

Yes, there's always the immigration issue, but the belief of Dems that every single Hispanics are for those illegal immigrants to just move to US is just plain wrong.

Otherwise, it was exactly the focus on an ignored group of people (i.e. white blue-collar voters) that Trump was able to win in 2016 anyway.

WHAT? In what world do the Dems think every single Hispanic is illegal. That is most definitely a Republican talking point.
And yes, while work needs to be done on Hispanics (and really all groups because both parties are lackin in certain segments) lets not overstate it. Repubs made in roads in Florida with predominanintyl the CUBAN vote, not necessarily the Hispanic vote. Counterpoint, the Hispanics came out and will likely give Biden Arizona. Middle point, the shifts in Texas along with those Hispanic voters there should be of more concern to Repubs than the Dems concern for Cubans in Miami Dade county...

Aesma

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:07 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Were they fine with the Senate not tabling bills ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

c933103

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:11 pm

maverick4002 wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
the belief of Dems that every single Hispanics are for those illegal immigrants to just move to US is just plain wrong.

WHAT? In what world do the Dems think every single Hispanic is illegal. That is most definitely a Republican talking point.

The word "for" here mean "support"
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

flyguy89

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
N867DA wrote:

All the air of the democrats is taking up by uneducated folks that label those that have other ideas as " socialist/communist/SJW radical" These are labels applied by folks that want to control others. They find east victims in folks that go to Fox News/ Right wing radio to enjoy and relish laughing at others, while they are the ones being manipulated into making others enemies. There are not many real conservatives. Most are uneducated folks that vote against their own self interests.

You can whine about it all you want and pound your hands on the desk about how everyone else is dumb or it's just not fair how the opposition is labeling you incorrectly, or you can do something about it...for those of us who live and breath this stuff, sure we can understand there are layers and nuances here, but for people paying attention only from a high level, it's clear something about it resonates or sticks. But it's also clear the whining and constantly playing defense isn't working.

zakuivcustom

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:15 pm

maverick4002 wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
N867DA wrote:

And yes, while work needs to be done on Hispanics (and really all groups because both parties are lackin in certain segments) lets not overstate it. Repubs made in roads in Florida with predominanintyl the CUBAN vote, not necessarily the Hispanic vote. Counterpoint, the Hispanics came out and will likely give Biden Arizona. Middle point, the shifts in Texas along with those Hispanic voters there should be of more concern to Repubs than the Dems concern for Cubans in Miami Dade county...

What I meant is that Dems think every single Hispanics are pro-illegal immigration, which is certainly not the case.

What Dems has to realized is that they are a very diverse group with different ideals. Cubans aside (they are always an exception anyway), the Dems just haven't make inroads with Hispanics anywhere near the efforts they make with African-Americans.

atcsundevil

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:29 pm

Just a reminder that we require sources here. If you make a claim without providing an adequate source, your post is subject to deletion. We are not going to be a host for misinformation.

✈️ atcsundevil

bennett123

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:32 pm

Shows 1965 for me.

I recall many years ago when I was investigating a customer complaint getting very confused when he seemed to be 120.

Guess what, it was several generations with the same name.

waterpolodan

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Just a reminder that we require sources here. If you make a claim without providing an adequate source, your post is subject to deletion. We are not going to be a host for misinformation.

✈️ atcsundevil

Thank you for cleaning that up. I've stayed off this forum for a while but I came to post a rebuttal to the claim that dead people were voting in Michigan.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/202 ... e-says-no/

TL;DR- there are instances where the voter registration information has an incorrect DOB, meaning that the examples provided in that twitter feed all appear to be living residents of the state with incorrect birth years.

atcsundevil

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:41 pm

waterpolodan wrote:
Thank you for cleaning that up. I've stayed off this forum for a while but I came to post a rebuttal to the claim that dead people were voting in Michigan.

:checkmark:

Please guys, report posts that break the rules or have unverified/unsourced information. It's the only way we'll be able to stay on top of things. This is a stressful and anxiety-filled time for a lot of people, and the last thing we need is people posting garbage they dig up on Facebook.

✈️ atcsundevil