Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aaron747

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:58 am

luckyone wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
luckyone wrote:
Yup. He's writing his ticket on the speech and book circuit. Should he lose I expect he'll be a regular on a few of his favorite talk shows "When I was POTUS we did it this way," or "This wouldn't have happened if I were still POTUS." And it wouldn't surprise me were he to become an expert on election fraud.

Who knows, maybe he'll join CNN as political commentator :lol: ?

That'll teach Fox News for calling Arizona too soon. Or they'll just pay him more. Who knows.

He definitely needs an income stream either way for that $420 million coming due.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

717atOGG

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:03 am

Antaras wrote:
Newest data from Google/AP shows that the gap between Trump and Biden is 2,447,224 - 2,445,321 = 1902 votes
We're gonna have a second Florida?

Hopefully not, assuming NV and AZ stay blue Biden will have reached 270 so Georgia would be nice to have, but ultimately not consequential to the election results.
A320/321, A332, 712, 73G/8/9ER, 744, 752/3, E145, E175, CR9

alfa164

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:03 am

luckyone wrote:
He's writing his ticket on the speech and book circuit. Should he lose I expect he'll be a regular on a few of his favorite talk shows "When I was POTUS we did it this way," or "This wouldn't have happened if I were still POTUS." And it wouldn't surprise me were he to become an expert on election fraud.

Watching his performances on TV deteriorate between even 2016 and 2020, I think most networks would realize he does nothing but embarrass himself - and his enablers, which would be the media, in this case - increasingly, every time he opens his mouth. Like a once-respected great uncle who is slowly degenerating into total dementia, we try to humor him but look the other way when he babbles incessantly, continually spouting nonsense.
Just like that near-yet-distant relative, nobody will really want to take the responsibility for him - let alone any reputable network. His best chance will be some overly-wealthy admirer (Sheldon Adelson was my first thought, but I think not; he wants his money to bring benefits to him; he is not generous for charitable reasons) who will underwrite a Trump-fronted network - whether out of sympathy, charity, or seeking connections.

Like O.J. still looking for the "real" murderer, Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to find how his "rightful" spot in the White House was stolen from him - a lonely, sad shell of a man who tried to be king.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Francoflier

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 am

Lol. Georgia could go down to a few hundred votes or less... 14,000 ballots remaining, most from blue counties.
Clayton county alone could tip the balance.
It's amazing. I fully expect a recount, given the tension that surrounds this election.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

winginit

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:29 am

Jetty wrote:
Klaus wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:

If Biden win PA it is over. Biden can still win if he does not win PA, he would need to win AZ and NV.

Georgia alone would do it, too, as far as I've understood: Trump needs both PA and GA to still win!

No it doesn't. GA alone means 269 and a tie.

717atOGG wrote:
Antaras wrote:
Newest data from Google/AP shows that the gap between Trump and Biden is 2,447,224 - 2,445,321 = 1902 votes
We're gonna have a second Florida?

Hopefully not, assuming NV and AZ stay blue Biden will have reached 270 so Georgia would be nice to have, but ultimately not consequential to the election results.

Nevada is done and dusted. Full stop, making GA enough to end this regardless of what happens in AZ/PA. However, given intricacies that need to happen with both PA and GA counting that could run into the weekend (aside from being in recount territory for GA), it seems likely that it's actually the calling of NV and AZ tomorrow that might be what ends this first and render what happens in AZ/PA irrelevant.

Web500sjc

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:29 am

Jetty wrote:
Klaus wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:

If Biden win PA it is over. Biden can still win if he does not win PA, he would need to win AZ and NV.

Georgia alone would do it, too, as far as I've understood: Trump needs both PA and GA to still win!

No it doesn't. GA alone means 269 and a tie.

Depends on the news outlet.

If Fox or AP called GA for Biden, they would have to call the election for Biden or retract the Arizona Call. Most other news organizations have not called Arizona, so by calling GA they would be saying Trump could not win the Electoral College.
Boiler Up!

Antaras

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 am

The difference in GA is now 1775 votes
https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results
If you disagree with my statement, assume that it was just a joke :duck:

Antaras

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:37 am

Meanwhile in controversial Arizona:
https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results

The gap is 42,257 (~1.6%) votes.
If you disagree with my statement, assume that it was just a joke :duck:

RainerBoeing777

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:47 am

what a plot twist! Now Pennsylvania and Georgia about to turn blue! I think nobody expected that, how many votes are needed in both states?
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG - UA

luckyone

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:53 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
what a plot twist! Now Pennsylvania and Georgia about to turn blue! I think nobody expected that, how many votes are needed in both states?

Ironically, more than a few polls suggested such a flip.

winginit

Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:14 am

luckyone wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

Ironically, more than a few polls suggested such a flip.

Pennsylvania was certainly widely expected to go blue, and I think when everything is counted Biden will have won PA by between 60K and 100K votes. Georgia, next to Arizona, is one of the few electoral flip surprises of this election should it happen and be final.

N867DA

Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:49 am

Many many sites predicted this would happen. Red shift, blue mirage. Many states count in-person votes first, then absentee/mail-in. One party said to vote in person. The other said mail your ballot in. Initial results skewed toward one party. A full count swings it the other way. Especially when the top of the line candidate is an incredibly sour person.

If it's this close, Georgia law mandates a recount. I suspect many states will do recounts.

All this chaos in NV, AZ, PA, and GA and NC is staying completely silent like a nuclear submarine lol. Regardless of outcome I don't see much national healing coming up. We thought 9/11 Truthers, Birthers, and QAnon were bad but we ain't seen nothing yet!
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Aaron747

Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:06 am

N867DA wrote:
Many many sites predicted this would happen. Red shift, blue mirage. Many states count in-person votes first, then absentee/mail-in. One party said to vote in person. The other said mail your ballot in. Initial results skewed toward one party. A full count swings it the other way. Especially when the top of the line candidate is an incredibly sour person.

If it's this close, Georgia law mandates a recount. I suspect many states will do recounts.

All this chaos in NV, AZ, PA, and GA and NC is staying completely silent like a nuclear submarine lol. Regardless of outcome I don't see much national healing coming up. We thought 9/11 Truthers, Birthers, and QAnon were bad but we ain't seen nothing yet!

Sensible people in GOP leadership are assailing the administration's response. Gov. Hogan of MD, Rep. Kinzinger of IL and Rep. Riggleman of VA all strongly rebuked Trump tonight.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... oter-fraud

On the other hand, the Trump family and sycophantic fans are running full speed toward the cliffs of insanity.

Philly police were tipped off about some folks plotting to attack their election workers:

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/52475 ... ion-center

The Nevada GOP is chasing after fraud that may not be fraud at all:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... -thousands

The more disinformations spreads online and in right wing radio, the more of this nonsense there will be.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Zeppi

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 am

scbriml wrote:
I don't know what she's on, but is it available over the counter?

She's religious. Fearing, worshipping and talking to an imaginary being: Textbook paranoid schitzophrenia to me. So if she's not on anything yet she certainly should be, right after being admitted to a closed psychiatric ward - as should all seriously religious people.

N14AZ

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:23 am

Wow, Trump junior is now asking for a „total war“? For someone from Europe and/or for people who lost relatives in WW2, this is extremely disturbing, watch at 1:40:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRmHOSnehTk

c933103

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:26 am

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1466173440
Trump explained what he want the court to decide: That votes accepted while (their observers not being allowed?) shall be determined as "illegal votes"
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:50 am

Biden only around 600 votes behind Trump in GA now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... tion_usmap
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

kaitak

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:52 am

Down to 665 in Georgia, with more than enough left it to flip it. There are still military votes to be counted, but after what Trump has said about the military, should anyone expect them to go Trump?

Arizona is tightening; I don't understand, given that these are postal votes and Dems favour postal votes much more than Republicans, why Trump is closing the ground in AZ.

Still waiting for NV, but really, even if this stays with Joe, GA and PA is where it's happening.

Trump is going down. It must be kind of like Chinese water torture for him; he is watching - and apart from throwing his toys out of his cot and crying foul and threatening legal action, there is nothing he can do. Watching him last night was just painful.

c933103

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:56 am

kaitak wrote:
Down to 665 in Georgia, with more than enough left it to flip it. There are still military votes to be counted, but after what Trump has said about the military, should anyone expect them to go Trump?

Arizona is tightening; I don't understand, given that these are postal votes and Dems favour postal votes much more than Republicans, why Trump is closing the ground in AZ.

Still waiting for NV, but really, even if this stays with Joe, GA and PA is where it's happening.

Trump is going down. It must be kind of like Chinese water torture for him; he is watching - and apart from throwing his toys out of his cot and crying foul and threatening legal action, there is nothing he can do. Watching him last night was just painful.

Wasn't postal votes counted first in Arizona instead of now? Or was I misunderstanding the situation?
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:59 am

kaitak wrote:

I don't know either but both AP and Fox News have called AZ to Biden while CNN and NBC still says it too close to call.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... on-results
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -for-biden
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Dutchy

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:00 am

So almost done? The secret service is on its way to Biden, apparently.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 am

So this police captain doesn't seems to be the brightest bulb around, threatening to shoot Biden supporters.

Scott Walden—a police captain in the town of Flomaton, Alabama—has been placed on administrative leave and is under investigation after making an inflammatory social media post.

In the post, Walden said that people who voted for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden need "a bullet in their skull for treason."

https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-police ... rs-1545338

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 am

Dutchy wrote:

Source?

tommy1808

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:21 am

c933103 wrote:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324613181466173440
Trump explained what he want the court to decide: That votes accepted while (their observers not being allowed?) shall be determined as "illegal votes"

States Rights!!!!!

Unless we don´t like what State Law does with voting....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

TheFlyingDisk

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:27 am

So...

...who won?
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

agill

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:28 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Source?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/11/05/trump-biden-election-live-updates/#link-VESNLGD4VFBFPIS6A646O7XFT4

cpd

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:42 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
So this police captain doesn't seems to be the brightest bulb around, threatening to shoot Biden supporters.

Scott Walden—a police captain in the town of Flomaton, Alabama—has been placed on administrative leave and is under investigation after making an inflammatory social media post.

In the post, Walden said that people who voted for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden need "a bullet in their skull for treason."

Unbelievable - I'm sure there will be an excuse for it from the right.

I heard Bannon also got himself in huge trouble too - one of his podcasts on Twitter had some firebrand comments. I only caught a small part of that story.

Dutchy

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:45 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:

Of wow. That is quite ridiculous and very dangerous for a man in his position, was that an elected police official?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Aesma

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:46 am

I thought the secret service protected candidates since months before the election ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:47 am

400 votes difference in GA now. https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/r ... /president

Trump's lead shrinks to 463, as Clayton County, part of John Lewis' home district, hopes to put Georgia over the top for Biden

A little after 10:30 p.m. Thursday, with 14,097 votes left to count in Georgia President Trump's lead over Joe Biden had evaporated to a mere 1,775 votes, and that the Democrat would surpass him seemed inevitable.

The two counties with the largest number of ballots left to count were Gwinnett, with 4,800 ballots and Clayton, with 4,355. By 2 a.m. some counties had ceased counting for the night — but not Clayton County, part of the home district of the late John Lewis, where Biden is winning roughly 85% of the vote to Mr. Trump's 14%. With 95% of its vote in, Clayton County was still turning in batches of votes, a couple hundred at a time and some people, including former senator Claire McCaskill, seemed pleased by the idea that it was a county represented by the late civil rights icon that just might put Biden over the top in Georgia.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/ge ... e-fdf1a84c

TheSonntag

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:59 am

To come back to the outstanding ballots from the military - wasn't the military traditionally very much leaning towards the Republicans?

flyingturtle

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:59 am

I'm very relieved that Biden is inching closer and closer to victory.

The most incredible thing is that Trump expanded his voter base among all the racial minorities of the US. In percentages, he *lost* votes among whites.

While Trump at least promises improvements, Dems even fail to do that, and put "remove Trump" in the forefront.

Do you remember how Hitler won?

Though the core of the Nazi ideology was fascism, antisemitism, a leader cult and the desctruction of the rule of law, he won over most citizen by promising better livelihoods, more jobs... things that mattered in the everyday life of the common German citizen.
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

CometII

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:05 am

While bad for the country, it does seem like poetic justice that Trump is being tortured out of office in such small, excruciating increments, and there is nothing he can do about it. Drip drip drip, for 96 hours. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

bennett123

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 am

Zeppi

There are a lot of seriously religious people.

We are not all fruit cakes.

Sokes

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 am

flyingturtle wrote:
Do you remember how Hitler won?

Though the core of the Nazi ideology was fascism, antisemitism, a leader cult and the desctruction of the rule of law, he won over most citizen by promising better livelihoods, more jobs... things that mattered in the everyday life of the common German citizen.

As Clinton says, " It's the economy, stupid! "

I learnt in school that people were frustrated over Versailles...
Hitler's election results in the 1920s rubbishes this teaching. However I never learned in school about Gottfried Feder.

Even before the Great Recession Gottfried Feder, economic expert of the party, demanded to dismiss the gold standard, deficit spending and zero interest for people who build their house. In short, today's policy. Antisemitism was widespread at the time, not only in Germany. Who knew how serious to take it?
I believe voting for Hitler was a reasonable thing to do for an unemployed family man.

By the way:
At the core of Nazi ideology was socialism. Hitler the traitor had to get rid of Roehm and his men to get support from the ruling classes. I still wonder that nobody within the party killed Hitler for his betrayal.
Last edited by Sokes on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

art

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 am

Can someone tell me if Georgia requires winning presidential candidates to receive over 50% of the votes cast in order to be selected? I have read that there would be a re-run of the election featuring the top 2 candidates in January if neither received more than 50% of the votes cast in the Nov 3rd election.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/03/poli ... index.html

As an extra,would there be a second election arranged if one of the 2 candidates had already secured 270 or more electoral college votes?

Francoflier

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am

art wrote:
Can someone tell me if Georgia requires winning presidential candidates to receive over 50% of the votes cast in order to be selected? I have read that there would be a re-run of the election featuring the top 2 candidates in January if neither received more than 50% of the votes cast in the Nov 3rd election.

As an extra,would there be a second election arranged if one of the 2 candidates had already secured 270 or more electoral college votes?

I believe that rule only applies to senatorial candidates.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:25 am

art wrote:

If you read your linked article again it specifically says that " It does not apply to presidential races."

sebolino

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:26 am

I wonder what charges Trump may face for trying to block the voting system.
I heard that he's goal may be to block the electoral college to avoid the formal election, so he would have one vote per state, and would win. I would call that a coup.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:26 am

art wrote:

Your link literally says it does not.

Quote: "This requirement also applies to the special Senate election, which is being run as an open election with all candidates on the same ballot, regardless of party. It does not apply to presidential races."
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

Aaron747

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:28 am

TheSonntag wrote:
To come back to the outstanding ballots from the military - wasn't the military traditionally very much leaning towards the Republicans?

I believe you missed my previous reply to you, pasted here:

Not necessarily. According to MilitaryTimes polling, Trump only has a clear majority favorable rating in the USMC. In the other three branches his unpopularity is significant and mirrors the country as a whole.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/

Compare to 2018:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... oll-shows/

TheSonntag

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:35 am

Thank you Aaron. CNN now reports Biden has taken the lead in Georgia...

Thunderboltdrgn

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:42 am

TheSonntag wrote:

So it is. Tough luck Donny.

Joe Biden 2,449,371 49.4%

Donald Trump 2,448,454 49.4%

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 8732a6458b

proest

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:52 am

Aaron747 wrote:
TheSonntag wrote:

I believe you missed my previous reply to you, pasted here:

Not necessarily. According to MilitaryTimes polling, Trump only has a clear majority favorable rating in the USMC. In the other three branches his unpopularity is significant and mirrors the country as a whole.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/

Compare to 2018:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... oll-shows/

To put it in perspective we're talking about 8,800 overseas military votes (according to a press conference yesterday by the election committee of Georgia). Let's take a conservative stand here; 50-50.

There are also around 7,500-8,000 overseas (students, expats), they tend to be overwhelmingly Democratic.

Takeaway point here; overseas ballots will not help Trump, I expect no major network to call Georgia (margins are too tin) but this state will be blue.

N14AZ

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:53 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
TheSonntag wrote:

So it is. Tough luck Donny.

Joe Biden 2,449,371 49.4%

Donald Trump 2,448,454 49.4%

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 8732a6458b

The only two remaining counties are Clayton and Gwinnett very close to Atlanta...

bennett123

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:57 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/electio ... 0-54786937

Just been reading this, especially 7:25 and 8:56.

The contrast could not be greater.

TheSonntag

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:03 am

Thank you for the perspective. I am honestly surprised by the huge difference between mail ballots and on site votes. It is easily understood since Trump urged to boycott mail ballots, but nevertheless this is something which is completely different in Germany. Here, the "Briefwahl" is usually having rather similar results to the rest of the voting.

petertenthije

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:03 am

Sokes wrote:
I still wonder that nobody within the party killed Hitler for his betrayal.
Probably for the same reason only a handful of republicans stood up against Trump. Hitler/Trump delivered them the Reichstag/White House.

Assuming Trump looses, which seems likely at this point, I guarantee you that within the year most republicans will tell everyone “I never truly supported Trump”.

Heck, to some degree this has already been happening. Though at the moment from voters only, not so much from the republican leadership... yet.
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

art

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:10 am

I guess the show will not be over for a few days, what with

(a) any automatic recounts
(b) any law suits (along the lines of "All votes that were not for me were in some way illegal")
(c) any direct action by groups like the 'Stop the Steal' faction
(d) any responses to (c)

Francoflier

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:34 am

petertenthije wrote:
Sokes wrote:
I still wonder that nobody within the party killed Hitler for his betrayal.
Probably for the same reason only a handful of republicans stood up against Trump. Hitler/Trump delivered them the Reichstag/White House.

Assuming Trump looses, which seems likely at this point, I guarantee you that within the year most republicans will tell everyone “I never truly supported Trump”.

Heck, to some degree this has already been happening. Though at the moment from voters only, not so much from the republican leadership... yet.

Yep, they'll drop him like a dirty tissue. He was always just a means to an end for the GOP, a useful idiot that gained them plenty of votes. Once he's of no use to them anymore, he might find himself quite lonely.
Such is the way in the mafia-like World he thrives in. This might happen soon.

As for the election, I wonder why some outlets are calling AZ for *Biden... It seems way too early.
Last edited by Francoflier on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.