Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
rfields5421
Posts: 6374
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:12 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Just read on CNN that:
Trump’s allies have grown concerned that someone is going to have to reckon with the President that his time in office is potentially coming to an end, though they have not decided who should be the one to do it. There has been talk of potentially Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump doing so, sources said.


I've heard many times that Ivanka is the only one who can give him bad news. How true it is I don't know. But she has appeared to me in her public statements to be more grounded in the real world than the others.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:12 pm

marcelh wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


9000 were shipped to the Military, but how many will send it back? Maybe 60-70% And how big will the difference be?


Right now, Biden is ahead 1000 votes. Trump will increase his advantage there possibly higher.

As for PA, thousands of ballots received after election night, let the Supreme Court say if they are legal or not.

AZ, the tendency is towards Trump.

This will not be over yet. Yes Trump is less likely to win, but this will likely drag on.

First the military ballots, second the Supreme Court. What’s next? The “total war” Donald Trump Jr. was mentioning?


BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
marcelh wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Right now, Biden is ahead 1000 votes. Trump will increase his advantage there possibly higher.

As for PA, thousands of ballots received after election night, let the Supreme Court say if they are legal or not.

AZ, the tendency is towards Trump.

This will not be over yet. Yes Trump is less likely to win, but this will likely drag on.

First the military ballots, second the Supreme Court. What’s next? The “total war” Donald Trump Jr. was mentioning?


BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Hillary Clinton called and conceded and accepted the results even though she lost by less than 80K votes across three states.

Trump launching lawsuits is what he promised before the election. He is anti American in all of his actions.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:17 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Georgia has pending 9000+ Military ballots. Highly unlikely the vast majority will be for Biden.

As for AZ, the tendency is Trump might just become even with Biden.

This ain't over yet.



9000 were shipped to the Military, but how many will send it back? Maybe 60-70% And how big will the difference be?


Right now, Biden is ahead 1000 votes. Trump will increase his advantage there possibly higher.

As for PA, thousands of ballots received after election night, let the Supreme Court say if they are legal or not.

AZ, the tendency is towards Trump.

This will not be over yet. Yes Trump is less likely to win, but this will likely drag on.


Not sure you have really looked into the math of these races...

Anyway, SCOTUS declined to rule on Pennsylvania's ballot mail deadline prior to the election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/supreme ... dline.html

Even if they take up the issue and disqualify ballots received late, the vast majority of mail-in ballots in PA were received well before the election and will not be disqualified. SCOTUS justices have no interest participating in large scale disenfranchisement. The difference will not be anywhere near 100K votes.

As for GA, active duty military is a cross-section of America. Getting above 50% would be a push for Trump, considering how military have polled on Trump approval rating this year.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/
Last edited by Aaron747 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Airspace over Biden's home, as well as over the place where is victory speech will be held are now closed. An indications that federal authorities
now sees Biden as the president elect even if it is not 100 percent confirmed yet.

New restricted "national defense airspace" has been put in place over Democratic nominee Joe Biden's home in Wilmington, Delaware.

The Federal Aviation Administration posted the Temporary Flight Restriction on Wednesday, the day after the general election. An FAA notice to pilots available online shows the one mile radius no-fly zone is now active until next Wednesday morning.

The FAA says airspace has also been temporarily restricted over the nearby Chase Center, where the stage is set for a possible Biden victory speech – should he ultimately win the presidential election.


https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... 3e0433035a
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:20 pm

casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
marcelh wrote:
First the military ballots, second the Supreme Court. What’s next? The “total war” Donald Trump Jr. was mentioning?


BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Hillary Clinton called and conceded and accepted the results even though she lost by less than 80K votes across three states.

Trump launching lawsuits is what he promised before the election. He is anti American in all of his actions.


Right, I am old enough to remember Al Gore contesting the election, refusing to concede for almost a month after the election. I am sure if you are old enough too, you supported him too.

As for GA, Stacey Abrams refused to concede for 2 weeks there, and never accepted the results of GA.

I think Trump should really consider if its worth fighting, but he has every right.

I am nonetheless happy that the "blue wave" never came, and we control the Senate and the radical leftist agenda won't come. Looking forward to 2022!
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:21 pm

The Rebels (Biden) campaign vs. Galactic empire (trump):

https://twitter.com/Rob_Flaherty/status ... 9007219713 whis is a response to:
https://twitter.com/parscale/status/125 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Last edited by Thunderboltdrgn on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


9000 were shipped to the Military, but how many will send it back? Maybe 60-70% And how big will the difference be?


Right now, Biden is ahead 1000 votes. Trump will increase his advantage there possibly higher.

As for PA, thousands of ballots received after election night, let the Supreme Court say if they are legal or not.

AZ, the tendency is towards Trump.

This will not be over yet. Yes Trump is less likely to win, but this will likely drag on.


Not sure you have really looked into the math of these races...

Anyway, SCOTUS declined to rule on Pennsylvania's ballot mail deadline prior to the election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/supreme ... dline.html

Even if they take up the issue and disqualify ballots received late, the vast majority of mail-in ballots in PA were received well before the election and will not be disqualified. SCOTUS justices have no interest participating in large scale disenfranchisement. The difference will not be anywhere near 100K votes.

As for GA, active duty military is a cross-section of America. Getting above 50% would be a push for Trump, considering how military have polled on Trump approval rating this year.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/


Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:25 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Hillary Clinton called and conceded and accepted the results even though she lost by less than 80K votes across three states.

Trump launching lawsuits is what he promised before the election. He is anti American in all of his actions.


Right, I am old enough to remember Al Gore contesting the election, refusing to concede for almost a month after the election. I am sure if you are old enough too, you supported him too.

As for GA, Stacey Abrams refused to concede for 2 weeks there, and never accepted the results of GA.

I think Trump should really consider if its worth fighting, but he has every right.

I am nonetheless happy that the "blue wave" never came, and we control the Senate and the radical leftist agenda won't come. Looking forward to 2022!


You don't remember that that was one state that decided in a very close election with some questionable Election results. The people in the state were having the fight. . This case, it will be more than one state , and they will be legal votes and larger margins than Trump won by in 2016, except possibly in Ga and NV.

Trump can fight, but in this case he undermined the election from the start. Not from the Results. Trump will fight, because that is who he is. However Trump lies and gaslights, and that is what he has done since before the election. He will continue to lose respect fighting for the lie he started.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:25 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Hillary Clinton called and conceded and accepted the results even though she lost by less than 80K votes across three states.

Trump launching lawsuits is what he promised before the election. He is anti American in all of his actions.


Right, I am old enough to remember Al Gore contesting the election, refusing to concede for almost a month after the election. I am sure if you are old enough too, you supported him too.

As for GA, Stacey Abrams refused to concede for 2 weeks there, and never accepted the results of GA.

I think Trump should really consider if its worth fighting, but he has every right.

I am nonetheless happy that the "blue wave" never came, and we control the Senate and the radical leftist agenda won't come. Looking forward to 2022!


Apples and oranges, no? Trump is talking about recounting multiple states, while Gore asked for a recount in the one state that decided who went over 270.

And just FYI - the 'radical leftist agenda' was never coming in this election. Sanders was not the nominee.
 
marcelh
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:26 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Hillary Clinton called and conceded and accepted the results even though she lost by less than 80K votes across three states.

Trump launching lawsuits is what he promised before the election. He is anti American in all of his actions.


Right, I am old enough to remember Al Gore contesting the election, refusing to concede for almost a month after the election. I am sure if you are old enough too, you supported him too.

As for GA, Stacey Abrams refused to concede for 2 weeks there, and never accepted the results of GA.

I think Trump should really consider if its worth fighting, but he has every right.

I am nonetheless happy that the "blue wave" never came, and we control the Senate and the radical leftist agenda won't come. Looking forward to 2022!

So you are wearing a brown shirt with pride.... okaaay....
 
User avatar
ArcticSEA
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:29 pm

You're not alone.

Help is available
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255
Emergency number
911

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Online-Chat
suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Suicide Screening Test
psymed.info
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:30 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Right now, Biden is ahead 1000 votes. Trump will increase his advantage there possibly higher.

As for PA, thousands of ballots received after election night, let the Supreme Court say if they are legal or not.

AZ, the tendency is towards Trump.

This will not be over yet. Yes Trump is less likely to win, but this will likely drag on.


Not sure you have really looked into the math of these races...

Anyway, SCOTUS declined to rule on Pennsylvania's ballot mail deadline prior to the election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/supreme ... dline.html

Even if they take up the issue and disqualify ballots received late, the vast majority of mail-in ballots in PA were received well before the election and will not be disqualified. SCOTUS justices have no interest participating in large scale disenfranchisement. The difference will not be anywhere near 100K votes.

As for GA, active duty military is a cross-section of America. Getting above 50% would be a push for Trump, considering how military have polled on Trump approval rating this year.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/


Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.


This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
Claims (by Fox News I think) that US supreme Court will invalidate the mail in votes in PA.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... bb7dd7ddbc

It is at this point that Trump has a strong case pending in the US supreme court. His campaign and the Republican Party of Pennsylvania can challenge the vote in the state on the grounds that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court unconstitutionally interfered with the state legislature’s sole authority over the time, place, and manner of federal elections and over the selection of presidential electors.


Hopefully Bidens takes Georgia and Arizona then nobody will care about PA.

Reportedly, the numbers of such ballots are quite low, and not expected to have an impact.

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/politics ... 177212002/
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Yeah yeah its different this time around. In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.

Now its different.

I am on the record saying Trump is not likely to win but he has a very right. Let the process play out. And then celebrate.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:34 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Yeah yeah its different this time around. In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.

Now its different.

I am on the record saying Trump is not likely to win but he has a very right. Let the process play out. And then celebrate.


Russia and some targeted lies in the midwest got him the election in 2016. Maybe some male chauvinism as well. . Some targeted lies about BLM and Socialism, almost got it for him this year.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Not sure you have really looked into the math of these races...

Anyway, SCOTUS declined to rule on Pennsylvania's ballot mail deadline prior to the election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/supreme ... dline.html

Even if they take up the issue and disqualify ballots received late, the vast majority of mail-in ballots in PA were received well before the election and will not be disqualified. SCOTUS justices have no interest participating in large scale disenfranchisement. The difference will not be anywhere near 100K votes.

As for GA, active duty military is a cross-section of America. Getting above 50% would be a push for Trump, considering how military have polled on Trump approval rating this year.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/


Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.


This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:37 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.


You're so fixated on Dems you failed to acknowledge the fact there. was. Russian. meddling. in. 2016.

Senate Intel Committee's bipartisan findings this year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... 016-198171

The Director of National Intelligence's 2017 initial backgrounder:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
 
hkg82
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:24 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Do we know when the next block of PA votes will be released in EST time? If Biden’s lead goes to 30-40k+ the networks will likely start calling it for Joe.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.


There is not that many vote that are RECEIVED after election night. Those are simply votes that are COUNTED after election night. And guess what? Vote counting does take forever!

Keep in mind even a state like California is still NOT done counting. It doesn't affect the Presidential election but it does affect a few down-ballot races for House.

Want this to not happened again? Get PA to change their law so mail-in votes can be count before election night! Guess who was against that? Yep, Republicans!

Aaron747 wrote:
This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 6-7 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


And how in the world so-call "fake" polls disenfranchise voters anyway? Shouldn't you make sure you vote if you're losing?

Hack, I live in Indiana (in a red House district no less) and I know my vote for Dems doesn't matter in the big scheme of things (Although I did vote for Gov. Holcomb...). But guess what? I still voted!

EDIT:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.


This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.


https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

A grand total of ONE poll show Biden +17 in Wisconsin. Of course, it's from ABC News/WaPo and even a Dems-leaning voter like me know that they are biased towards the Dems.

Wisconsin polling was definitely WAY off, though. On average it's +5/+6 (So Biden should have won comfortably) yet he won by <1% there.

For Texas - Polling was actually fair accurate:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Other than a few Quinnipac polls, on average it's showing Trump +4/+5. Trump won the state by 6 points.

Keep in mind that the fact that Trump only won freaking TEXAS by 6 points is VERY bad. Trump won it by 9% in 2016, and before that, Romney won Texas by 16% in 2012.
Last edited by zakuivcustom on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 4185
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.


This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.

1. Learn how polling works and what it tells you.
2. Predictive Polls are always wrong in absolute terms, you need margin of error.
3. The polls said Biden win is most likely.
4. There is one poll that matters and the result of that is clear, validating point 3.

I understand you might be upset that the real poll shows a clear winner but I guess if it makes you feel better you can attack some obscure element that for some reason you associate with the opposition then more power to you I guess.

Fred


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by flipdewaf on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm

hkg82 wrote:
Do we know when the next block of PA votes will be released in EST time? If Biden’s lead goes to 30-40k+ the networks will likely start calling it for Joe.


It will take a while most likely.

The remaining pool of Philadelphia votes to be counted is about 25,000, according to a city official and an official familiar with the counting.

These will take longer to count because they are provisional ballots, as well as ones that require review because of such issues as dates and signatures.

The sources said city election officials are starting this batch from scratch.

"It’s going to be a while," one of the sources said.


https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... a520156e65
 
THS214
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:42 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Just curious, US supreme court is more republic than democratic, but would they rule partisan? Or is this a case where they forget partisan lines? Thanks for the answers.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:42 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.


This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.


That's called cherry-picking. You're highlighting the ones that were the MOST wrong to say they were all wrong. That's not how averages work.

Again, look at the RCP averages for the battlegrounds:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elect ... nd-states/

Wisconsin's average was a bit high compared to the margin of error, as was Florida's. MI, PA, and AZ are not far off from what actually happened. More importantly the SPREAD is 2.3. When the popular vote difference is tallied amongst the battlegrounds, it seems likely to end up between 1.5 and 3%. Isn't 2.3 more or less in the middle of that range?

And again, in the previous post - what did the RCP national average say? +7.2 Biden. If the actual is between 5 and 6, that's well within the margin of error. You can argue all you want, but the math will not change for anybody
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.


You're so fixated on Dems you failed to acknowledge the fact there. was. Russian. meddling. in. 2016.

Senate Intel Committee's bipartisan findings this year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... 016-198171

The Director of National Intelligence's 2017 initial backgrounder:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf


The same way there was meddling by Iran in 2020 https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/fbi-to- ... issue.html

Are we to say Iran helped Biden too? No we won't because what ever they did is irrelevant. As it was in 2016 by Russia.
Last edited by AirWorthy99 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
hkg82 wrote:
Do we know when the next block of PA votes will be released in EST time? If Biden’s lead goes to 30-40k+ the networks will likely start calling it for Joe.


It will take a while most likely.

The remaining pool of Philadelphia votes to be counted is about 25,000, according to a city official and an official familiar with the counting.

These will take longer to count because they are provisional ballots, as well as ones that require review because of such issues as dates and signatures.

The sources said city election officials are starting this batch from scratch.

"It’s going to be a while," one of the sources said.


https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... a520156e65


There are still 150+K votes outstanding.

If Joe get 70%( below what he has been averaging) he will get another 60K+ votes
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:44 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.


You're so fixated on Dems you failed to acknowledge the fact there. was. Russian. meddling. in. 2016.

Senate Intel Committee's bipartisan findings this year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... 016-198171

The Director of National Intelligence's 2017 initial backgrounder:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf


The same way there was meddling by Iran in 2020 https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/fbi-to- ... issue.html

Are we to say Iran helped Biden too? No we won't because what ever they did is irrelevant. As it was in 2016 by Russia.


We will have to wait for the reports to see how they interfered. Did they help Biden? Or did they help Trump sell the socialism BLM lie?
 
marcelh
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Yeah yeah its different this time around. In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.

Now its different.

I am on the record saying Trump is not likely to win but he has a very right. Let the process play out. And then celebrate.

Problem is Trump will never accept the outcome. He is making a lot of noise with the accusations and legal threats, but no evidence so far. And is was known for months this would happen and still people are voting for an adult behaving like a toddler...
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6374
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm

The process will play out, whether or not Trump concedes.

A concession is just a polite gesture. It does not stop any vote counting, it does not change any electoral votes It has no impact on any legal challenges.

Yes, most of the public would ignore the process after a concession speech, but the various state election officials still have a lot of work to do.

Almost as important as the Presidential race is that four Senate races have not been decided. Race in North Carolina and the regular Senate race in Georgia appear to be going to the Republican candidates.

The special election Senate race in Georgia is headed to a Runoff election because the top two candidates only received near 39% and 25% of the vote. The third place candidate, a Republican, received 20% of the vote.

I can't figure out where the fourth still contested Senate seat is. Might be Alaska - if so the Republicans will have a one seat margin at least in the Senate.

34 House races have not been decided. Republicans are leading in many of those.

.
 
maverick4002
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Georgia has pending 9000+ Military ballots. Highly unlikely the vast majority will be for Biden.

As for AZ, the tendency is Trump might just become even with Biden.

This ain't over yet.



9000 were shipped to the Military, but how many will send it back? Maybe 60-70% And how big will the difference be?


Right now, Biden is ahead 1000 votes. Trump will increase his advantage there possibly higher.

As for PA, thousands of ballots received after election night, let the Supreme Court say if they are legal or not.

AZ, the tendency is towards Trump.

This will not be over yet. Yes Trump is less likely to win, but this will likely drag on.


LOL yall really going hard for that immoral buffon. It is over, he has lost.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.


That's called cherry-picking. You're highlighting the ones that were the MOST wrong to say they were all wrong. That's not how averages work.

Again, look at the RCP averages for the battlegrounds:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elect ... nd-states/

Wisconsin's average was a bit high compared to the margin of error, as was Florida's. MI, PA, and AZ are not far off from what actually happened. More importantly the SPREAD is 2.3. When the popular vote difference is tallied amongst the battlegrounds, it seems likely to end up between 1.5 and 3%. Isn't 2.3 more or less in the middle of that range?

And again, in the previous post - what did the RCP national average say? +7.2 Biden. If the actual is between 5 and 6, that's well within the margin of error. You can argue all you want, but the math will not change for anybody


Cherry picking? well it seems that even the Democrat's in the House in the Senate were also duped into believing all of these fake polls. They failed to actually see that America did not move left, but is still stuck on the center-right.

The polls had a huge effect on almost everything in this country, the political discourse was skewed towards the left because of that.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:46 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yes again going to quote polls to foment a narrative. Polls mean nothing now. They all were wrong.

Public opinion polls all were wrong and were skewed towards Democrats. So they are irrelevant.


This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.

You are choosing to focus on one poll that had a margin that large. As such, you’re cherry picking data for the purpose of inflating the weight of your argument, when you really don’t need to. Should I point to some polls that had Trump winning Michigan?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:49 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.


That's called cherry-picking. You're highlighting the ones that were the MOST wrong to say they were all wrong. That's not how averages work.

Again, look at the RCP averages for the battlegrounds:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elect ... nd-states/

Wisconsin's average was a bit high compared to the margin of error, as was Florida's. MI, PA, and AZ are not far off from what actually happened. More importantly the SPREAD is 2.3. When the popular vote difference is tallied amongst the battlegrounds, it seems likely to end up between 1.5 and 3%. Isn't 2.3 more or less in the middle of that range?

And again, in the previous post - what did the RCP national average say? +7.2 Biden. If the actual is between 5 and 6, that's well within the margin of error. You can argue all you want, but the math will not change for anybody


Cherry picking? well it seems that even the Democrat's in the House in the Senate were also duped into believing all of these fake polls. They failed to actually see that America did not move left, but is still stuck on the center-right.

The polls had a huge effect on almost everything in this country, the political discourse was skewed towards the left because of that.


Yes, it's exactly what you did. That's not how math works - there is a right answer, and a wrong answer. Everyone remembers this from school.

Two questions are still remaining from the last post - awaiting your answers - I provided the links that have them loud and clear.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:49 pm

casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You're so fixated on Dems you failed to acknowledge the fact there. was. Russian. meddling. in. 2016.

Senate Intel Committee's bipartisan findings this year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... 016-198171

The Director of National Intelligence's 2017 initial backgrounder:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf


The same way there was meddling by Iran in 2020 https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/fbi-to- ... issue.html

Are we to say Iran helped Biden too? No we won't because what ever they did is irrelevant. As it was in 2016 by Russia.


We will have to wait for the reports to see how they interfered. Did they help Biden? Or did they help Trump sell the socialism BLM lie?


This is so ridiculous, Kamala Harris days before the election published a 'socialist manifesto' of her own preaching equity over equality .https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ality.html That wasn't mis information.

As for BLM, Democrats the entire summer sided with BLM instead of a nuanced rational way of addressing police brutality, not even discussing the subject in a sane way, blaming all cops and siding with rioters and looters. That wasn't misinformation, we even saw in this forum how many supported the riots and looting saying that was 'peaceful'.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11482
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:50 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.


You're so fixated on Dems you failed to acknowledge the fact there. was. Russian. meddling. in. 2016.

Senate Intel Committee's bipartisan findings this year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... 016-198171

The Director of National Intelligence's 2017 initial backgrounder:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

Interestingly there is no "but Hillary!", now there is deflection to others, "the left". Of course there can't be a "but Hillary" because she appropriately conceded, that "nasty woman".... imagine that. But then Trump insists he's not a loser. But of course he is. In so many ways.

Tugg
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:51 pm

A republican lawyer says that Trumps legal actions will be in vain..........

A republican lawyer in Pennsylvania, who is not part of the Trump legal team but is familiar with election challenges, says legal challenges in the commonwealth get Trump nowhere.
"“These challenges are not going to impact the outcome because none of them are going after the actual vote casts, they are all process challenges,” the source said. "

And even a Hail Mary scenario – where a Republican-led legislature would say there is too much chaos and decide the elector – now has been publicly dismissed by top leaders in Pennsylvania.

“The Pennsylvania General Assembly does not have, and will not have, a hand in choosing the state’s presidential electors or in deciding the outcome of the presidential election,” Pennsylvania State Senator Jake Corman, a Republican, said in an op-ed.


https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... a5683036e6

But Trump campaign doesn't seem to care:

The Trump campaign released a statement Friday morning making clear they will contest the election, calling any projections of Joe Biden as the winner "false" and the race "far from final."

"This election is not over. The false projection of Joe Biden as the winner is based on results in four states that are far from final," Trump campaign general counsel Matt Morgan said in a statement.


https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... 8bcc0d0891
 
maverick4002
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:51 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

BTW, is my opinion Trump might lose. But he has all the rights to contest this election legally.

Before election night Biden was already declared winner by the MSM, based on fake polls. So lets let the legally cast votes counted and decided by the courts.

Military ballots in GA, also a recount in GA by law the margin is slim.

Supreme court of PA decided that ballots arriving after election day are legit. Let allow the Supreme court of the US decide if they are legal or not.

If you remove all of those votes received after election night in PA. Trump wins by 100,000+ votes. Lets see.

Not over yet.


Hillary Clinton called and conceded and accepted the results even though she lost by less than 80K votes across three states.

Trump launching lawsuits is what he promised before the election. He is anti American in all of his actions.


Right, I am old enough to remember Al Gore contesting the election, refusing to concede for almost a month after the election. I am sure if you are old enough too, you supported him too.

As for GA, Stacey Abrams refused to concede for 2 weeks there, and never accepted the results of GA.

I think Trump should really consider if its worth fighting, but he has every right.

I am nonetheless happy that the "blue wave" never came, and we control the Senate and the radical leftist agenda won't come. Looking forward to 2022!


Al Gore lost by 500 votes. Of course he will challenge it. Not the same thing.

And Stacey Abrams was cheated out of that position. Thats just plain facts and you have an agenda if you argue otherwise. Nonetheless, it looks like she took that disappointment and was able to swing GA blue this election cycle. And I am sure she will go hard for those two run-off seats. It will be hard for the Dems to win both but the Republicans should be quaking right now
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:52 pm

luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

This is a ridiculously false statement. If you narrowed your statement to NBC or Rasmussen national polls, or maybe some battleground state polls, maybe you'd have a point, but you just said they were ALL wrong. Do you have evidence of this?

The popular vote difference in the current tally represents 5-6 points. Can you tell me what the RCP average says? That's why we have things like averages - statistics has value as a field because it works.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

You have a right to your own opinion, not your own facts. Can't change the reality of math.


I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.

You are choosing to focus on one poll that had a margin that large. As such, you’re cherry picking data for the purpose of inflating the weight of your argument, when you really don’t need to. Should I point to some polls that had Trump winning Michigan?


It wasn't just one poll, I every day, there were polls saying about a Biden blowout, a Democrat takeover of the Senate. That was going on for weeks.

That's fine, you take your pyrrhic victory and enjoy it. There is no mandate for Biden nor congressional democrats.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Tugger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
In 2016 many Democrats and people on the left never conceded or accepted the election and kept going on for 4 years that the Russians got the election for Trump.


You're so fixated on Dems you failed to acknowledge the fact there. was. Russian. meddling. in. 2016.

Senate Intel Committee's bipartisan findings this year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... 016-198171

The Director of National Intelligence's 2017 initial backgrounder:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

Interestingly there is no "but Hillary!", now there is deflection to others, "the left". Of course there can't be a "but Hillary" because she appropriately conceded, that "nasty woman".... imagine that. But then Trump insists he's not a loser. But of course he is. In so many ways.

Tugg


Absolutely. For a lot of us this election was hardly even about policy, just ending this nightmare of childishness and unprofessional incompetence. Killer column today from conservative Amanda Carpenter, who used to be Ted Cruz's PR maven during his presidential campaign:

“As you know, I’ve claimed certain states,” he said—as though the act of making a “claim” on a state entitled him to win in.

It was all loser talk from a cult leader who would rather force the ending of democracy than face the end that is coming. Either way, President Trump is talking about taking everyone around him down with him. Because if he really means what he says, and he wants to use all the powers invested in him as president to hunt down supposed “fraud” and ensure that he can stay in power, where does that road lead? Straight toward dictatorship.

Tonight, Trump’s sycophants and enablers find all their dreams that his presidency would be the most consequential and important in American history crashing down around them. We should all remember Trump as he presented himself in this monumental moment. As a babbling, incoherent, conspiracist. Our greatest presidential embarrassment.


https://thebulwark.com/trump-the-pathetic-loser/
Last edited by Aaron747 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:54 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
As for BLM, Democrats the entire summer sided with BLM instead of a nuanced rational way of addressing police brutality, not even discussing the subject in a sane way, blaming all cops and siding with rioters and looters. That wasn't misinformation, we even saw in this forum how many supported the riots and looting saying that was 'peaceful'.


And Dems is paying for that in down-ballot races. Hack, without that summer of discontent which took shifted the news away from the Wuhan Virus mess in USA, Trump would lose by even more!

Ultimately, just keep in mind that Trump barely won in 2016. The table is turn this time around with Biden narrowly winning a few states that are important.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:56 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

The same way there was meddling by Iran in 2020 https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/fbi-to- ... issue.html

Are we to say Iran helped Biden too? No we won't because what ever they did is irrelevant. As it was in 2016 by Russia.


We will have to wait for the reports to see how they interfered. Did they help Biden? Or did they help Trump sell the socialism BLM lie?


This is so ridiculous, Kamala Harris days before the election published a 'socialist manifesto' of her own preaching equity over equality .https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ality.html That wasn't mis information.

As for BLM, Democrats the entire summer sided with BLM instead of a nuanced rational way of addressing police brutality, not even discussing the subject in a sane way, blaming all cops and siding with rioters and looters. That wasn't misinformation, we even saw in this forum how many supported the riots and looting saying that was 'peaceful'.


So you are listening to the lying rags that call it socialism instead of examining the video itself. This article is proof of the disinformation machine which the right feeds on. Her point is salient and points to an issue in our society, where people that start from behind remain behind.

it does not advocate "socialism" where the government controls everything, It points out that there are issues where people need to be treated as equal when starting a momentous task instead of being beat down by the racists that attacked BLM for the wrong reasons.
 
maverick4002
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:58 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
The process will play out, whether or not Trump concedes.

A concession is just a polite gesture. It does not stop any vote counting, it does not change any electoral votes It has no impact on any legal challenges.

Yes, most of the public would ignore the process after a concession speech, but the various state election officials still have a lot of work to do.

Almost as important as the Presidential race is that four Senate races have not been decided. Race in North Carolina and the regular Senate race in Georgia appear to be going to the Republican candidates.

The special election Senate race in Georgia is headed to a Runoff election because the top two candidates only received near 39% and 25% of the vote. The third place candidate, a Republican, received 20% of the vote.

I can't figure out where the fourth still contested Senate seat is. Might be Alaska - if so the Republicans will have a one seat margin at least in the Senate.

34 House races have not been decided. Republicans are leading in many of those.

.


Correction on the GA Senate races. As of right now, BOTH are going to a run off on Jan 5 because the other republican guy dipped below the 50% vote threshold. The others you mention are likely going/staying Red.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 pm

casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

We will have to wait for the reports to see how they interfered. Did they help Biden? Or did they help Trump sell the socialism BLM lie?


This is so ridiculous, Kamala Harris days before the election published a 'socialist manifesto' of her own preaching equity over equality .https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ality.html That wasn't mis information.

As for BLM, Democrats the entire summer sided with BLM instead of a nuanced rational way of addressing police brutality, not even discussing the subject in a sane way, blaming all cops and siding with rioters and looters. That wasn't misinformation, we even saw in this forum how many supported the riots and looting saying that was 'peaceful'.


So you are listening to the lying rags that call it socialism instead of examining the video itself. This article is proof of the disinformation machine which the right feeds on. Her point is salient and points to an issue in our society, where people that start from behind remain behind.

it does not advocate "socialism" where the government controls everything, It points out that there are issues where people need to be treated as equal when starting a momentous task instead of being beat down by the racists that attacked BLM for the wrong reasons.


Right, my Mom and my Dad, came from Cuba, with only 5 dollars in their pockets. Worked their asses cleaning bathrooms, cleaning hotel rooms, picking up trash, paid college for 3 of us at home, we have become quite sucessful thankfully and both of them live very comfortably on their own home with a good retirement.

They started from behind too. And thankfully this country provided for the opportunity to thrive.

I am sorry you fall for the bigotry of low expectations that the Democrat party wants to make people believe. That's why Trump got more support from Hispanics and blacks this time around.

Biden if he wins, he got the higher share of votes of whites. How ironic since that was the reason most on the left said Trump won in 2016.
Last edited by AirWorthy99 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Fox news is circulating memos to their employees not to refer to Biden as a President-Elect even if the count is legal. Fox news will probably call the states, and then there bumbling staff will parrot the Trump agenda.

https://ktvz.com/money/2020/11/06/fox-n ... ent-elect/

ox News is instructing its anchors not to call Joe Biden the “President-elect” when the network calls the race, according to two memos obtained by CNN.

The memos say Fox should “stay away” from using the description, and instead say something such as Biden has “enough electoral votes to win the presidency.”

The memos emphasized that the network should report moves by Trump’s legal teams to challenge the results. “We will report both sides until there is further guidance,” one memo said.


The Fox news corporation looking to further mislead the public. The Trump and Fox news colluding to mislead their voters.
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6374
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:04 pm

casinterest wrote:
Fox news is circulating memos to their employees not to refer to Biden as a President-Elect even if the count is legal. Fox news will probably call the states, and then there bumbling staff will parrot the Trump agenda.

https://ktvz.com/money/2020/11/06/fox-n ... ent-elect/

ox News is instructing its anchors not to call Joe Biden the “President-elect” when the network calls the race, according to two memos obtained by CNN.

The memos say Fox should “stay away” from using the description, and instead say something such as Biden has “enough electoral votes to win the presidency.”

The memos emphasized that the network should report moves by Trump’s legal teams to challenge the results. “We will report both sides until there is further guidance,” one memo said.


The Fox news corporation looking to further mislead the public. The Trump and Fox news colluding to mislead their voters.



While I would not be surprised if that statement is true, citing CNN as the source for 'leaked' internal FoxNews policy memos is a bit of a stretch.

KTVZ just linked to a CNN story.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:05 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

This is so ridiculous, Kamala Harris days before the election published a 'socialist manifesto' of her own preaching equity over equality .https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ality.html That wasn't mis information.

As for BLM, Democrats the entire summer sided with BLM instead of a nuanced rational way of addressing police brutality, not even discussing the subject in a sane way, blaming all cops and siding with rioters and looters. That wasn't misinformation, we even saw in this forum how many supported the riots and looting saying that was 'peaceful'.


So you are listening to the lying rags that call it socialism instead of examining the video itself. This article is proof of the disinformation machine which the right feeds on. Her point is salient and points to an issue in our society, where people that start from behind remain behind.

it does not advocate "socialism" where the government controls everything, It points out that there are issues where people need to be treated as equal when starting a momentous task instead of being beat down by the racists that attacked BLM for the wrong reasons.


Right, my Mom and my Dad, came from Cuba, with only 5 dollars in their pockets. Worked their asses cleaning bathrooms, cleaning hotel rooms, picking up trash, paid college for 3 of us at home, we have become quite sucessful thankfully and both of them live very comfortably on their own home with a good retirement.

They started from behind too. And thankfully this country provided for the opportunity to thrive.

I am sorry you fall for the bigotry of low expectations that the Democrat party wants to make people believe. That's why Trump got more support from Hispanics and blacks this time around.

Biden if he wins, he got the support of whites. How ironic since that was the reason most on the left said Trump won in 2016.



No, I understand racism. I understand the GOP. If you ever left Florida to see events like I have seen you would understand the destruction of the GOP.

https://www.wral.com/day-one-get-ready- ... /19372413/


Do you ever wonder why the GOP hates science and education? Especially in this Election, Math.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:06 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Fox news is circulating memos to their employees not to refer to Biden as a President-Elect even if the count is legal. Fox news will probably call the states, and then there bumbling staff will parrot the Trump agenda.

https://ktvz.com/money/2020/11/06/fox-n ... ent-elect/

ox News is instructing its anchors not to call Joe Biden the “President-elect” when the network calls the race, according to two memos obtained by CNN.

The memos say Fox should “stay away” from using the description, and instead say something such as Biden has “enough electoral votes to win the presidency.”

The memos emphasized that the network should report moves by Trump’s legal teams to challenge the results. “We will report both sides until there is further guidance,” one memo said.


The Fox news corporation looking to further mislead the public. The Trump and Fox news colluding to mislead their voters.



While I would not be surprised if that statement is true, citing CNN as the source for 'leaked' internal FoxNews policy memos is a bit of a stretch.

KTVZ just linked to a CNN story.



Well Hannity is calling for a New Election, so I think I have to believe the report.
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Biden increased his lead in PA to almost 7000 votes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 74eae12cc1
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6374
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
Well Hannity is calling for a New Election, so I think I have to believe the report.


My view is Hannity is a loose wheel at Fox, an independent contractor, not an employee. So he can get away with such outrageous BS and Fox isn't liable/ responsible of him. Could be wrong on his actual contract. Such a status would be much more financially lucrative for Hannity.

re: New Election - there is absolutely nothing in the Constitution or Federal Law that would allow a new election.

And I cannot see a single state willing to go through the entire process again, and the large expense. Even the most rapidly Republican states.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16000
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Official Election thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:13 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I have quoted polls here saying WI was going to be a 17% blowout for Biden.

They were saying Texas was on play. Florida was going to be for Biden.

No one is out there defending pollsters, but some might in this forum.

You are choosing to focus on one poll that had a margin that large. As such, you’re cherry picking data for the purpose of inflating the weight of your argument, when you really don’t need to. Should I point to some polls that had Trump winning Michigan?


It wasn't just one poll, I every day, there were polls saying about a Biden blowout, a Democrat takeover of the Senate. That was going on for weeks.

That's fine, you take your pyrrhic victory and enjoy it. There is no mandate for Biden nor congressional democrats.


OK, let's try the question again in a very simple way - forget what this poll or that poll said. The average is what they said if they spoke with one voice.

The RCP national average is Biden +7.2.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html

Right now, the popular vote difference is between 5 and 6 points.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 91048.html

Question: is 7.2 a huge difference to you from 5 or 6?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CanadianNorth, Elkadad313, hoons90, lentokone, nwadeicer and 28 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos