Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aesma

Re: Updated: Biden officially secures enough electors to become president

Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
From a tweet 'How Trump Wins'

https://twitter.com/Eyconik/status/1338228261483110403?

Point 6. The Election Rejection - On January 6th Congress will convene to count the electoral votes. At this time the sitting VP, Mike Pence, has the ability to challenge by refusing to accept the votes from states in which he believes the vote was compromised. Which - he will do.

Point 7. The Second Vote - As directed by the US Federal constitution - a challenged election is settled by a simple majority house vote by ballot. However, the house gets one vote per state not per representative - Giving Trump the Republican majority 26-23 (or 22). Winner takes all.

This is why I'm confident that President Trump will remain President.

And that is Good News.

A coup that would instantly destroy your country is good news ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tommy1808

Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Aesma wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
From a tweet 'How Trump Wins'

https://twitter.com/Eyconik/status/1338228261483110403?

Point 6. The Election Rejection - On January 6th Congress will convene to count the electoral votes. At this time the sitting VP, Mike Pence, has the ability to challenge by refusing to accept the votes from states in which he believes the vote was compromised. Which - he will do.

Point 7. The Second Vote - As directed by the US Federal constitution - a challenged election is settled by a simple majority house vote by ballot. However, the house gets one vote per state not per representative - Giving Trump the Republican majority 26-23 (or 22). Winner takes all.

This is why I'm confident that President Trump will remain President.

And that is Good News.

A coup that would instantly destroy your country is good news ?

At least all their Confederate flags would suddenly be useful again.

"He is a bastard, but he is our bastard" is an american proverb, isn´t it?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Aesma

Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Someone will explain to Trump that a civil war and chaos isn't good for his kind of business, and he will forget the idea. Claiming he won for the rest of his life is good enough.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

casinterest

Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Francoflier wrote:
astuteman wrote:
And just to close one of the circles.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslond ... d=msedgntp

Vladimir Putin congratulates Joe Biden on his presidential election win and calls for ‘Russian-American cooperation’

Rgds

Well, if the dozens and dozens of failed lawsuits, the SC slaps in the face, the multiple recounts, the EC votes certification, the failed political coercion and the 7 million popular votes difference haven't managed to convince Trump yet, maybe his mentor and idol in the Kremlin acknowledging his loss might finally trigger a hint of realism in his deranged mind?

On second thought, probably not...

As long as folks continue to pay attention to the lying frauds that are employed at Fox News/Newsmax/OAN/Right Wing Radio/Sinclair broadcasting, then there will be an audience for his kind of gross lying and belligerence. . The Right Wing media survives on advertisements. Regular balanced news does not cut it. They need to convince the User that they are right, but they always need to come back tomorrow for real Conservative Solutions( regardless if they work or not). and some real bashing of people that have different ideas( thay may work or not). It is WWE of politics with no real work being done. Just bashing and keeping people on the hamster wheel.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

astuteman

Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Not sure whether I imagined this or not ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55323407

A top member of US President Donald Trump's Republican Party, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, has congratulated Joe Biden on winning the presidential election last month.

If I didn't imagine it, surely that tells us the likelihood of success of these "alternative electors" .....

Rgds

casinterest

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:02 pm

astuteman wrote:

A top member of US President Donald Trump's Republican Party, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, has congratulated Joe Biden on winning the presidential election last month.

If I didn't imagine it, surely that tells us the likelihood of success of these "alternative electors" .....

Rgds

There is no path forward for Trump at this point, other than to continue to run for 2024. This will be distracting enough.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

luckyone

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:14 pm

astuteman wrote:

Rgds

McConnel has been fairly noncommital throughout this process other than "the President has a legal right," which by the letter of the law is correct though absurd as most things Trump are. Many pundits suggested that McConnel had December 14 circled on his calendar as about as far as he could go with being noncommittal, and like a lot of people he's likely to be privately glad to not have to deal with Trump on a daily basis. Let the RNC put up with his chicanery.

tommy1808

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Aesma wrote:
Someone will explain to Trump that a civil war and chaos isn't good for his kind of business, and he will forget the idea. Claiming he won for the rest of his life is good enough.

Depends in how many buildings get burned to the ground, doesn't it?

Best regards
Thomas

flyingturtle

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:47 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

I think it depends on whether Mr. Trump has enough cash left to leave the country...
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

vrbarreto

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:58 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

I think it depends on whether Mr. Trump has enough cash left to leave the country...

It'll be someone else cash thst is just 'resting' in his bank account.

Anyway where would he go? North Korea and a tete a tete with Rocket Man..

flyingturtle

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:01 pm

vrbarreto wrote:

It'll be someone else cash thst is just 'resting' in his bank account.

Anyway where would he go? North Korea and a tete a tete with Rocket Man..

...there is already some fitting real estate for him: The "Hotel of Doom" with its 3000 rooms and five revolving restaurants...

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/r ... index.html
Last edited by flyingturtle on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

tommy1808

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:55 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Spending his own money wouldn't be his style now, wouldn't it? How about a spontaneous summit with some head of state with a country without extradition treaty.

As a narcissist he would however fail to see that he may have done anything wrong that might justify leaving the country to avoid prison, even if video of him showing his product to potential buyers in the basement of a pizza joint had surfaced, and was on TV 24/7.

I wonder if Q would explain how it was just research....

Best regards
Thomas

luckyone

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:58 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Spending his own money wouldn't be his style now, wouldn't it? How about a spontaneous summit with some head of state with a country without extradition treaty.

As a narcissist he would however fail to see that he may have done anything wrong that might justify leaving the country to avoid prison, even if video of him showing his product to potential buyers in the basement of a pizza joint had surfaced, and was on TV 24/7.

I wonder if Q would explain how it was just research....

Best regards
Thomas

Looking at the cast of characters who esposue it, "Q" is likely Trump or a group of people including Trump.

cpd

Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:50 pm

casinterest wrote:
astuteman wrote:

Rgds

There is no path forward for Trump at this point, other than to continue to run for 2024. This will be distracting enough.

He’s aiming to have two Republicans sent to prison:

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... f76c4ef354

This is the USA, not even North Korea. You’d think this is crazy conspiracy theory stuff but sadly not. :(

luckyone

Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 pm

cpd wrote:
casinterest wrote:
astuteman wrote:

Rgds

This is the USA, not even North Korea. You’d think this is crazy conspiracy theory stuff but sadly not. :(

We all know he has no way of doing that, precisely because this isn't the DPRK. Trump's rhetoric is going to get even more ridiculous in the coming weeks as his case dissolves and he needs to keep himself in the headlines. Plan on it. Prepare for it. And laugh at him. Treat him like a boggart from the Harry Potter universe. The more you laugh at him, the more impotent he becomes.

casinterest

Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:08 pm

luckyone wrote:
cpd wrote:
casinterest wrote:

We all know he has no way of doing that, precisely because this isn't the DPRK. Trump's rhetoric is going to get even more ridiculous in the coming weeks as his case dissolves and he needs to keep himself in the headlines. Plan on it. Prepare for it. And laugh at him. Treat him like a boggart from the Harry Potter universe. The more you laugh at him, the more impotent he becomes.

Trump is able to do it because people don't ignore him and point out how stupid he is. Rather Right Wing Media reinforces the idea to him and the less educated members of his base.

bennett123

Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:47 pm

IMO, the comedians of the world should register a claim for loss of earnings.

LittleFokker

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:33 pm

bennett123 wrote:
IMO, the comedians of the world should register a claim for loss of earnings.

Yeah, I'm sure that comedians everywhere are just loving the fact that because the Trump administration screwed up the response so epically, they can't do any live shows and make money. So so funny.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

ltbewr

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:42 pm

Hopefully now the 'long national nightmare' of Trump as President is reaching its end with the EC vote. It would be really stupid for the Republicans to try to screw around with the final approval when the new Congress takes into session in early January and continue to support Trump's futile attempts to overturn the election results. Better would be to support relief for the people of the USA from the income and business revenue losses to prop up our economy to survive and recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.

frmrCapCadet

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:25 am

My suspicion is that the Democratic strategy will simply be an open air policy - Trump's tax statements, banking relationships, bankruptcy filings as well as state tax filings, and contracts which prove to have substantial falsehoods, no or very little federal involvement.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

alfa164

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:08 am

flyingturtle wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
It'll be someone else cash thst is just 'resting' in his bank account. Anyway where would he go? North Korea and a tete a tete with Rocket Man..

...there is already some fitting real estate for him: The "Hotel of Doom" with its 3000 rooms and five revolving restaurants...
https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/r ... index.html

But there are no golf courses. He can't survive without golf courses...

frmrCapCadet wrote:
My suspicion is that the Democratic strategy will simply be an open air policy - Trump's tax statements, banking relationships, bankruptcy filings as well as state tax filings, and contracts which prove to have substantial falsehoods, no or very little federal involvement.

The New York AG should be able to do that easily, sparing the Biden Administration of any accusations of "retribution" against a former foe.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

LNCS0930

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:25 am

luckyone wrote:
cpd wrote:
Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
It seems that even many republican senators now finally seems to realize that it's time to accept that it's over, except Moscow Mitch.....
Its just a pity that they didn't speak up earlier though.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/14/us/p ... llege.html

If Biden can get the support of enough Republicans then the hold-outs can effectively be sidelined.

In addition to the outgoing Lamar Alexander, who can say whatever he wants as he’s done in a few weeks, Romney, Murkowski, Sasse, and I want to say Susan Collins and Portman from Ohio were early on stating that Biden had won. Just three of them would kill any GOP Senate maneuvers. None of them is particularly surprising. Romney and Sasse have been outspoken Trump critics. Collins and Murkowski have electorates that aren’t strongly aligned with what is currently considered the Trump base—both Alaska and Maine being resource extraction intensive economies that aren’t impacted by globalization in the same way as the manufacturing economies elsewhere. Even though Ohio went big for Trump this year, politically it is still on the moderate side as it has multiple political and economic centers that are similar in size but rather distinct from each other and statewide elections have to meet in the middle— its last two governors reflect that more moderate stance.

It’s also unsurprising that it would be Senators who would be the ones to speak up because 1. They’re not staring down the barrel of the electoral gun in less than two years, meaning that they have time on their side, and 2. They don’t answer to gerrymandered districts but an entire state, and if that state isn’t solidly bent politically, they have to swing to the middle a bit. To that end it’s going to be interesting to see if the Senators from Georgia move to the middle in the coming years. I expect both seats to remain GOP this round but the next cycle I’m guessing will split.

Considering no dems ever supported Trump I don’t see why any republicans other than usual turncoat idiots like Romney should support Biden. I’m always amazed how Dems never turn on each other but the republican party has losers like Romney who openly admit they vote for a loser like Biden

Virtual737

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:30 pm

LNCS0930 wrote:
Considering no dems ever supported Trump

...and a sizeable proportion of independents. He's a nutcase.

LNCS0930 wrote:
vote for a loser like Biden

...surely you mean winner by now?

Tugger

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:05 pm

LNCS0930 wrote:
Considering no dems ever supported Trump I don’t see why any republicans other than usual turncoat idiots like Romney should support Biden. I’m always amazed how Dems never turn on each other but the republican party has losers like Romney who openly admit they vote for a loser like Biden

Look, the finger pointing has to stop. It is OK to support "the other party", it is OK to reach a compromise with "the other party" (OMG!), works gets done together, divided we fail.... Whether it started with Clinton or Bush or Obama or Trump if you only look back and use "well they did it" as a reason to oppose any work then you fail.

Trump has earned his exclusion from future politics, at least he has in my opinion. I was initially open to seeing what he could do to change things and bring the nation together and get things done in a different way. But he failed to do that. In my opinion. Now we must work together more than every and we need to do that, we need to find ways to do that. Not dwell on past insults. Not sure how that will be done or how successful but I am hoping we can.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

casinterest

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Tugger wrote:
LNCS0930 wrote:

Look, the finger pointing has to stop. It is OK to support "the other party", it is OK to reach a compromise with "the other party" (OMG!), works gets done together, divided we fail.... Whether it started with Clinton or Bush or Obama or Trump if you only look back and use "well they did it" as a reason to oppose any work then you fail.

Trump has earned his exclusion from future politics, at least he has in my opinion. I was initially open to seeing what he could do to change things and bring the nation together and get things done in a different way. But he failed to do that. In my opinion. Now we must work together more than every and we need to do that, we need to find ways to do that. Not dwell on past insults. Not sure how that will be done or how successful but I am hoping we can.

Tugg

We are in for a tough road ahead. Right wing media has specifically set itself up to be purely antagonistic to any person or idea on the other side of the political spectrum. Far too many folks pay attention to right wing media. it will be a long 4 years.
My only hope is that the Right Wing finally rips itself apart in the race for the drain.

There are some voices trying to pull the Republicans out of this spiral, but it is tough to see how Mitch McConnell or other can turn around this run away freight train by jumping off and yelling "come back"

frmrCapCadet

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Democrats have regularly worked with all Republican Presidents. Trump's negotiating strategy was repeatedly all my way or no way. There was seldom anything to negotiate. Ask our allies - esp. Korea, Japan, the UK, the EU, Turkey, the Kurds etc.

Tugger

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:56 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
Democrats have regularly worked with all Republican Presidents. Trump's negotiating strategy was repeatedly all my way or no way. There was seldom anything to negotiate. Ask our allies - esp. Korea, Japan, the UK, the EU, Turkey, the Kurds etc.

Well.... I could point to the mid-east and the four(?) bilateral agreements the Trump administration assisted with for Israel. The Democrat administrations has for years been "My way only" regarding there needing to be something for Palestinians in negotiation. That is not the case obviously.

Both sides have "my way or the highway" elements that really just need to be overcome and changed.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

luckyone

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:58 pm

LNCS0930 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
cpd wrote:

If Biden can get the support of enough Republicans then the hold-outs can effectively be sidelined.

In addition to the outgoing Lamar Alexander, who can say whatever he wants as he’s done in a few weeks, Romney, Murkowski, Sasse, and I want to say Susan Collins and Portman from Ohio were early on stating that Biden had won. Just three of them would kill any GOP Senate maneuvers. None of them is particularly surprising. Romney and Sasse have been outspoken Trump critics. Collins and Murkowski have electorates that aren’t strongly aligned with what is currently considered the Trump base—both Alaska and Maine being resource extraction intensive economies that aren’t impacted by globalization in the same way as the manufacturing economies elsewhere. Even though Ohio went big for Trump this year, politically it is still on the moderate side as it has multiple political and economic centers that are similar in size but rather distinct from each other and statewide elections have to meet in the middle— its last two governors reflect that more moderate stance.

It’s also unsurprising that it would be Senators who would be the ones to speak up because 1. They’re not staring down the barrel of the electoral gun in less than two years, meaning that they have time on their side, and 2. They don’t answer to gerrymandered districts but an entire state, and if that state isn’t solidly bent politically, they have to swing to the middle a bit. To that end it’s going to be interesting to see if the Senators from Georgia move to the middle in the coming years. I expect both seats to remain GOP this round but the next cycle I’m guessing will split.

So in other words, what I'm hearing you say is "I can't believe this is happening to my guy."

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:00 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

If a civil war breaks out he isn't leaving that is for sure.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

luckyone

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:06 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I would bet money he would be one of the first to bail.

Tugger

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:11 pm

luckyone wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:

I think NIK is implying Trump would be the "General Lee" of it and "lead the oppressed to rise again".

Can't you just see Trump on his horse ringing into Atlanta or DC? (More likely riding his cart on the golf course.)

Tugg

luckyone

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Tugger wrote:
luckyone wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I think NIK is implying Trump would be the "General Lee" of it and "lead the oppressed to rise again".

Can't you just see Trump on his horse ringing into Atlanta or DC? (More likely riding his cart on the golf course.)

Tugg

Even if I squint and click my Judy Garland shoes, I cannot picture him doing anything but boarding his 757 (with Rolls Royce engines) and checking out.

casinterest

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:33 pm

It is an interesting perspective of Right wing media that they denounce those that step out of line, such as McConnell.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/media/ri ... index.html

The whole episode underscored — yet again — the true nature of the MAGA Media diehards. These pro-Trump personalities claim to be against groupthink and cancel culture, but are ready to cancel anyone who steps out of line, regardless of who they are. Don't just look at the attacks McConnell has faced. Look at the wrath folks like Attorney General William Barr and Tucker Carlson faced in recent weeks for rejecting wild election conspiracy theories. And, more broadly, look at how former GOP heroes like Jeff Sessions and John Bolton were treated by right-wing media when they had the nerve to diverge from Trump.

scbriml

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
It is an interesting perspective of Right wing media that they denounce those that step out of line, such as McConnell.

The whole episode underscored — yet again — the true nature of the MAGA Media diehards. These pro-Trump personalities claim to be against groupthink and cancel culture, but are ready to cancel anyone who steps out of line, regardless of who they are. Don't just look at the attacks McConnell has faced. Look at the wrath folks like Attorney General William Barr and Tucker Carlson faced in recent weeks for rejecting wild election conspiracy theories. And, more broadly, look at how former GOP heroes like Jeff Sessions and John Bolton were treated by right-wing media when they had the nerve to diverge from Trump.

Trump is a cult.

Damned autocorrect!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

bgm

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Tugger wrote:
luckyone wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Tugg

That would require work and effort, neither of which Trump seems capable of doing. 'Executive time' anyone? Always cracks me up when fascist Barbie is brought out to the podium to parrot the trope to reporters how hard Trump's working for the American people... as he's quite literally on the golf course. :spin:

bennett123

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Tugger

Are you saying that the Palestinians did not negotiate because it was pointless?.

casinterest

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 pm

scbriml wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trump is a cult.

Damned autocorrect!

It is, but it is more the whole Right Wing Media driving the bus for the crazies.

ER757

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Now the Big Baby is even mad at his buddy Mitch. How dare anyone not toe the line 100% - he just doesn't have any grip on reality at all

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-turns- ... 32172.html

scbriml

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm

ER757 wrote:
Now the Big Baby is even mad at his buddy Mitch. How dare anyone not toe the line 100% - he just doesn't have any grip on reality at all

Did anyone really doubt it would happen?
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ER757

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:30 pm

scbriml wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Did anyone really doubt it would happen?

Oh no doubt at all. I'd also wager a large amount that the egomaniac will never concede. I'll be surprised (no make that shocked) if he attends the inauguration.

Thunderboltdrgn

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:36 pm

ER757 wrote:

At this pace, Trump is soon to be very alone even if I think most of the tweets/attacks and etc are just "for show".
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

casinterest

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Scary Repercussions of the hunt for "evidence" of ballot fraud.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/forme ... index.html

I am not sure what is worse
1. That a former Captain of Police would do this ( point gun at an innocent man over no evidence of voter fraud)
2. That a company called "Liberty Center for God and Country" had over 250K to pay out to the captain
3. The lawyer thinks this is political Prosecution,.

According to the district attorney's news release, Aguirre, 63, told authorities he had conducted surveillance for four days on an unidentified man driving a truck that he suspected had 750,000 fraudulent ballots inside. The release said Aguirre believed the man was "the mastermind of a giant (voter) fraud."
Instead, prosecutors say the victim was an "innocent and ordinary" air-conditioner repairman.
"Aguirre ran his SUV into the back of the truck to get the technician to stop and get out," the news release said, describing the October 19 incident. "When the technician got out of the truck, Aguirre, pointed a handgun at the technician, forced him to the ground and put his knee on the man's back -- an image captured on the body-worn camera of a police officer."
Responding authorities found no ballots inside the vehicle, only air conditioner parts and tools, prosecutors said.

//Edit

Who is backing this "Liberty Center for God and Country"?

ER757

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:47 pm

casinterest wrote:

1. That a former Captain of Police would do this ( point gun at an innocent man over no evidence of voter fraud)
2. That a company called "Liberty Center for God and Country" had over 250K to pay out to the captain

According to the district attorney's news release, Aguirre, 63, told authorities he had conducted surveillance for four days on an unidentified man driving a truck that he suspected had 750,000 fraudulent ballots inside. The release said Aguirre believed the man was "the mastermind of a giant (voter) fraud."
Instead, prosecutors say the victim was an "innocent and ordinary" air-conditioner repairman.
"Aguirre ran his SUV into the back of the truck to get the technician to stop and get out," the news release said, describing the October 19 incident. "When the technician got out of the truck, Aguirre, pointed a handgun at the technician, forced him to the ground and put his knee on the man's back -- an image captured on the body-worn camera of a police officer."
Responding authorities found no ballots inside the vehicle, only air conditioner parts and tools, prosecutors said.

//Edit

I don't know if I feel more sorry for the victim or more like laughing at the idiot cop

casinterest

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:50 pm

ER757 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

//Edit

I don't know if I feel more sorry for the victim or more like laughing at the idiot cop

I am just scared of the effects that organizations such as Liberty Center for God and Country will have on normal citizens.

I looked up their facebook page. it looks like a front for Right wing extremists with very little care for how things occur..

Tugger

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:22 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Tugger

Are you saying that the Palestinians did not negotiate because it was pointless?.

No.

I was trying to convey that in past Israeli negotiations, in general Democratic administrations required negotiations to be large scale and in particular include Israel/Palestinians causes, with a focus on "land for peace". There was essentially no thinking or attempts to do smaller bilateral deals.

Tugg

frmrCapCadet

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Tugger wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Well.... I could point to the mid-east and the four(?) bilateral agreements the Trump administration assisted with for Israel. The Democrat administrations has for years been "My way only" regarding there needing to be something for Palestinians in negotiation. That is not the case obviously.

Both sides have "my way or the highway" elements that really just need to be overcome and changed.

Tugg

Israel at bottom counts on Democrats for its long term security (and it has even as it first became a nation). Where Democrats disagree is that we also think Palestinians have rights which have been abrogated by Israel. Republican support is in large part reliant upon ultra-religious right wingers with fantasies of Armageddon. And those people are at the same time the source of much of the anti-semitic writing and actions in the US.

bennett123

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:31 pm

The problem is that the dispute is between the Israelis and Palestinians.

Hard to see how it can be resolved without the Palestinians.

Tugger

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:39 pm

But why not achieve nation to nation ties and recognition where possible?

Again, I am just pointing out that there are large "my way or the highway" elements on the Democrat's side as well. I am just countering the comment that only Trump or Republican's do that:
Tugger wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Tugg

Tugg

scbriml

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 pm

casinterest wrote:
I am just scared of the effects that organizations such as Liberty Center for God and Country will have on normal citizens.

I looked up their facebook page. it looks like a front for Right wing extremists with very little care for how things occur..

They’re obviously pandering to the basest part of Trump’s base. I just checked two ‘articles’ - one with a request from Trump asking for letters from registered voters requesting a full election audit of all 50 states. Trump will apparently then present the letters to the SC as evidence of public demand for the audit (it’s unclear what Trump expects the SC to do); the second had a post-election prayer asking god to deal with the alleged voter fraud.

After that I had to wash my eyes after reading it.

seb146

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:34 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Of course not. He is the one demanding a civil war!

https://www.newsweek.com/pro-trump-lawy ... es-1554687
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lin-wood ... 31c1ffb41d

Because the Constitution and rule of law and what We The People want and the Electoral College are now enemies of the state when they were the best thing ever and we should all listen to them in 2016?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!