Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
M564038
Topic Author
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:23 am

Quisling became known as the first person semi-succesfully attempting a coup through media April 9th 1940.
He went on the radio when the populace was confused and torn, and with no constitutional, legal or democratic support declared himself to be the head of state. As a former minister of defence, his words carried some weight and he that gave him the duty to choose his words extra carefully.
He followed up his radio self-announced declaration of him as the nations leader with a smokescreen of confusion, and an ultimately unsuccessful power-play with german military forces and the bureaucracy.
We, in the end, put a blinfold on him and shot him as a traitor.
Who TF gets on the media and unconstitutionally and un-democratically declares themselves to be the head of state in a vulnerable state of affairs and expect not to have that seen as a criminal act of treason?
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 6480
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 am

Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:03 am

The difference is that Trump is still the actual president until January 20th.

So far he is only claiming that he won the election which, as stupid, damaging and dangerous as it is, does not mean he will try to cling on to power after 01/20.

If he refuses to leave the White House and pretends to still be in charge then, that's a different story. But that won't happen.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
Sokes
Posts: 2126
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:08 am

Maybe he could invent a new calendar with January having 19 days?
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?
 
M564038
Topic Author
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:14 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.


The president can say anything he wants, and words have no consequence.

Interesting.

Thank you for your opinion.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10898
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:02 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.

I am curious why some make no mention of the trumpistas that do behave hysterically and are supporting him and believing what he says?

You focus only on those that don't like what he is doing and claiming. And lay blame with them.

Why?

Why are the people who resist and detest the devolution he is driving hysterical, when this is obviously pretty wrong. And I will also point out that I am hearing more hysteria from the trumpista side, Rudy, the something like 60% of Republicans that think the election was manipulated, the legislators that don't speak out.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19285
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:01 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.


Because the president of the United States lying every time he opens his mouth is such a good look. :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Virtual737
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:41 am

Nicolás Maduro must be loving it.
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3973
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:57 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom ... ted_States

Please read the following sections, and take your pick which apply most to this situation.

Inciting imminent lawless action
Fighting words
True threats
Intentional infliction of emotional distress
Government speech
Public employee speech
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989
 
marcelh
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

“Freedom of speech” is too often used by extremists (left and right) to legitimate their non-democratic statements.
The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-fraud-insight/why-republican-voters-say-theres-no-way-in-hell-trump-lost-idUSKBN2801D4
The Trumpists also have become hysterical. And worse, they are behaving themselves as “Braunhemden”.
 
bgm
Posts: 2508
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:47 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.


Except for his repeated calls to violence for his looney supporters. They're listening and 'standing by'. This may result in death, so yeah, words from the President do have consequences.


Case in point below:

marcelh wrote:
“Freedom of speech” is too often used by extremists (left and right) to legitimate their non-democratic statements.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-fraud-insight/why-republican-voters-say-theres-no-way-in-hell-trump-lost-idUSKBN2801D4
The Trumpists also have become hysterical. And worse, they are behaving themselves as “Braunhemden”.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22771
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:38 pm

The right has an echo chamber. It is enabled by their leader. Pick any "scandal" in the right wing media. Hunter Biden, "sleepy" Joe, "crooked" Hillary. They are picked up by the right wing media. The followers see this and think it must be true. Their leader repeats this along with key phrases like "dishonest liberal media" and "lying media" and such. The right wing media picks up on this and tells the followers that their reporting is honest and true because their leader said so.

Many of the right wing media reports have been shown to be lies. But, the MAGA supporters can not be convinced. They already believe that any other facts that discredit their sources are lies because they have been told so.

And, no, both sides do not do this. The right wing media puts out a lie (half truths are still lies) and the left wing media uses facts to report why it is a lie. Remember the "pu**y grabbing" or all the failed businesses? All the times we saw what a complete train wreck this would be? But, still, the MAGA followers insisted and demanded all those things were lies.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10898
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 pm

It's clear that Trump is a paranoid narcissist. He cannot conceive that anyone "good" or on his side would not support him. He is right, he is good, people like him, many good people. So if he loses it absolutely can only be sure to fraud, evil doings and he must stand strong against that. Only he can do it.

I think this is what is real in his mind. What he perceives real.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:31 pm

I am all for there being scrutiny of the election, especially in places like Detroit and Philadelphia, the places where elections like this are decided on behalf of the WHOLE WORLD. It better be done correctly. I do not trust any party. Both major parties are absolutely filled with vainglorious criminals.

Trump almost certainly lost. But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19285
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.


I don't think anyone would disagree with that, especially in a very tight race, like Georgia. They've done a manual recount and confirmed that Biden won, the republicans can have no reason to dispute that result.

However, what is a complete and utter waste of time is for Trump and his band of money grabbing lawyers to bring lawsuit after lawsuit with zero evidence of the claimed "massive fraud" before the courts. The cases are being tossed out of court even by judges appointed by Trump. There is no evidence to support Trump's fantasy claims.

LCDFlight wrote:
Trump almost certainly lost.


There's no "almost" about it. :shakehead:

Trump called his win in 2016 (by the same margin as Biden's projected victory) a "landslide". He lost to sleepy Joe, a man he described as "the worst presidential candidate in history". What does that make Trump?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm

scbriml wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.


I don't think anyone would disagree with that, especially in a very tight race, like Georgia. They've done a manual recount and confirmed that Biden won, the republicans can have no reason to dispute that result.

However, what is a complete and utter waste of time is for Trump and his band of money grabbing lawyers to bring lawsuit after lawsuit with zero evidence of the claimed "massive fraud" before the courts. The cases are being tossed out of court even by judges appointed by Trump. There is no evidence to support Trump's fantasy claims.

LCDFlight wrote:
Trump almost certainly lost.


There's no "almost" about it. :shakehead:

Trump called his win in 2016 (by the same margin as Biden's projected victory) a "landslide". He lost to sleepy Joe, a man he described as "the worst presidential candidate in history". What does that make Trump?


I mean, I agree. I do not see any evidence coming together that Trump could have won.

But is this a taboo question, what went on in Philadelphia and Detroit? No. It's an important question, and again my context is that both parties would rabidly and criminally steal the election, if they are given the opportunity to do so.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 6480
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:46 pm

scbriml wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.


Because the president of the United States lying every time he opens his mouth is such a good look. :rotfl:


No doubt, you’re dismissing all the lies every previous president uttered. I’m not saying he’s not lying, I’m saying he is and got called out on by the electorate.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 6480
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:53 pm

You might check out who thinks there’s fraud, by polls

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... e_to_biden
 
LMP737
Posts: 6076
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

.


I'm not sure Quisling is the right term to use. I did find it interesting that Trump decided he would rather believe Vladimir Putin that US intellignence services. Or that he would re-Tweet a conspiracy theory saying that SEAL Team 6 killed a double of Bin Laden and then had the real one spirited away to Iran and then Obama and Biden and SEAL Team 6 killed. But hey, free speech right? I'm sure you don't have a problem with it and see no harm with the President saying such things.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6076
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
You might check out who thinks there’s fraud, by polls

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... e_to_biden


I find it incredibly disturbing that only 61% feel he should concde.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.



define anti-Trumpists? people who didn't vote for him? I think people feel sorry for Trump, or are embarrassed by him. Most people don't hate someone who's unstable. I don't see anybody acting hysterical as you claim. The only pattern I'm seeing is my conservative friends announcing they are leaving Facebook to join Parlor where free speech is allowed. Oh goody, there a new platform for those who want a alternative reality.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 am

LCDFlight wrote:
scbriml wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.


I don't think anyone would disagree with that, especially in a very tight race, like Georgia. They've done a manual recount and confirmed that Biden won, the republicans can have no reason to dispute that result.

However, what is a complete and utter waste of time is for Trump and his band of money grabbing lawyers to bring lawsuit after lawsuit with zero evidence of the claimed "massive fraud" before the courts. The cases are being tossed out of court even by judges appointed by Trump. There is no evidence to support Trump's fantasy claims.

LCDFlight wrote:
Trump almost certainly lost.


There's no "almost" about it. :shakehead:

Trump called his win in 2016 (by the same margin as Biden's projected victory) a "landslide". He lost to sleepy Joe, a man he described as "the worst presidential candidate in history". What does that make Trump?


I mean, I agree. I do not see any evidence coming together that Trump could have won.

But is this a taboo question, what went on in Philadelphia and Detroit? No. It's an important question, and again my context is that both parties would rabidly and criminally steal the election, if they are given the opportunity to do so.


what we are seeing, is a moment of truth for the republican party, and I don't mean Trump. I am talking about the republicans who are tasked at certifying the votes. They see it as their duty to certify, they aren't think of the consequences to their party. In otherworld's they are picking duty over party. If they are seeing wide spread discrepancies, they would speak up, by all accounts they are seeing minor discrepancies, that are pretty typical and would not justify subverting the will of the people.
 
Sokes
Posts: 2126
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:22 am

LMP737 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
You might check out who thinks there’s fraud, by polls

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... e_to_biden


I find it incredibly disturbing that only 61% feel he should concde.

I fully agree.
Stupid people always have strong opinions.
If the votes are 52-48 and 39% believe Trump shouldn't concede, roughly 80% of Trump supporters exclude the possibility that they may be wrong.

I never had a problem with Trump. But that is embarrassing.

Edit:
It seems "only" 57% of Republicans believe Trump shouldn't concede.
Shocking how many believe votes were stolen.
Why would they think so?
Last edited by Sokes on Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?
 
Sokes
Posts: 2126
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:27 am

Tugger wrote:
It's clear that Trump is a paranoid narcissist.

Stalin was definitely paranoid. He killed the witnesses of his marriage.
Having read "Mein Kampf" I also believe Hitler was paranoid concerning Jews. Or was that only an expression of deep unhappiness?

I don't see that Trump is paranoid.
Rather his supporters may be concerning a stolen election.
Mind to give some examples beside not accepting the election, which is not a good indicator for paranoia?
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13387
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:40 am

LCDFlight wrote:
I am all for there being scrutiny of the election, especially in places like Detroit and Philadelphia, the places where elections like this are decided on behalf of the WHOLE WORLD. It better be done correctly. I do not trust any party. Both major parties are absolutely filled with vainglorious criminals.

Trump almost certainly lost. But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.


If anything Trump is actually proving that there is no fraud at all in these places...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13387
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
You might check out who thinks there’s fraud, by polls

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... e_to_biden


Well that's kind of the problem with politicians lying isn't it ? Too many people think politicians tell the truth.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
luckyone
Posts: 3278
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:59 am

Aesma wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
I am all for there being scrutiny of the election, especially in places like Detroit and Philadelphia, the places where elections like this are decided on behalf of the WHOLE WORLD. It better be done correctly. I do not trust any party. Both major parties are absolutely filled with vainglorious criminals.

Trump almost certainly lost. But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.


If anything Trump is actually proving that there is no fraud at all in these places...

And in six months to a year that’s going to be part of his spiel — “I made the election more secure than anyone. Even though it was stolen from me.”
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 am

Aesma wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
I am all for there being scrutiny of the election, especially in places like Detroit and Philadelphia, the places where elections like this are decided on behalf of the WHOLE WORLD. It better be done correctly. I do not trust any party. Both major parties are absolutely filled with vainglorious criminals.

Trump almost certainly lost. But, there is nothing wrong with close and careful examination by BOTH parties to determine the facts.


If anything Trump is actually proving that there is no fraud at all in these places...


And if so, good. Tell you what, in the corporate world, testing and audit is a profession, it does not operate on the "I assume all is well" principle, nor does it operate on "we haven't had too many compelling complaints about that lately." Those types of standards aren't high enough. Instead, one must directly investigate, directly run tests, directly audit. Only after those investigations are satisfied can we say the process is good.
 
marcelh
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:29 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
scbriml wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost? He can say anything he wants, doesn’t make it so and it won’t at noon on Jan 20th, 2021.

The anti-Trumpists have become as hysterical as Trump himself. The election showed us, but splitting their votes, they want hysteria to end.


Because the president of the United States lying every time he opens his mouth is such a good look. :rotfl:


No doubt, you’re dismissing all the lies every previous president uttered. I’m not saying he’s not lying, I’m saying he is and got called out on by the electorate.

You are downplaying the influence of what Trump is saying. Claiming “Thie elections are stolen” is from another magnitude than “I did not have sex with that woman”.
 
bennett123
Posts: 10051
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:51 am

Audits are also based on facts/evidence that sort of thing.

Have Donald Trump or his fans provided any evidence.

The courts seem to be saying 'no'
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19285
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
No doubt, you’re dismissing all the lies every previous president uttered.


The difference between Trump and previous presidents is that Trump lying is his default position and, while you may not care, it’s deeply damaging to America’s image in the rest of the World.

marcelh wrote:
You are downplaying the influence of what Trump is saying. Claiming “Thie elections are stolen” is from another magnitude than “I did not have sex with that woman”.


:checkmark:

We’re talking about NFL vs a group of girls playing touch football in the park levels of lying here.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
marcelh
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:24 am

bennett123 wrote:
Audits are also based on facts/evidence that sort of thing.

Have Donald Trump or his fans provided any evidence.

The courts seem to be saying 'no'

The claims made about fraud isn’t about the facts or truth, it’s about to make minds ready for the next step. Next 4 years will be of accusing “the liberal left” of no matter what.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10898
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Audits are also based on facts/evidence that sort of thing.

Have Donald Trump or his fans provided any evidence.

The courts seem to be saying 'no'

Actually it is the Trump team of lawyers who are saying "no" regarding any evidence of fraud. As Christy noted, they claim it loudly outside the courtroom, to their fawning followers and the general public but no in court. Once in court, where lies will be confronted and have legally enforceable consequences, they go silent or admit they do not have proof or are not in fact alleging fraud, just that they are being told by "others" there is something wrong that needs to be looked into.

It's all BS and Trump is harming the nation. I have said consistently in most of my posts relating to Trump and I am proven right:

Trump is a poor president.

And this is an understatement many times over.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13713
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 am

Tugger wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Audits are also based on facts/evidence that sort of thing.

Have Donald Trump or his fans provided any evidence.

The courts seem to be saying 'no'

Actually it is the Trump team of lawyers who are saying "no" regarding any evidence of fraud. As Christy noted, they claim it loudly outside the courtroom, to their fawning followers and the general public but no in court. Once in court, where lies will be confronted and have legally enforceable consequences, they go silent or admit they do not have proof or are not in fact alleging fraud, just that they are being told by "others" there is something wrong that needs to be looked into.

It's all BS and Trump is harming the nation. I have said consistently in most of my posts relating to Trump and I am proven right:

Trump is a poor president.

And this is an understatement many times over.

Tugg


even further, ... on television affidavits are taunted as "here, look at all the evidence we have", and then call the same affidavits fake and spam when pressed by a Judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_get06 ... TylerCohen

I certainly hope the DoJ will not forget about those fantasy affidavits, and will prosecute to the full extend of the law.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is the concept of free speech lost?


Since free speech protects you from the government interfering in what you can and can´t say, i am not sure if the head of government can claim a violation of his right to free speech even in principle.

However, even in the US free speech find its limits where it has potential negative impact on the society, otherwise punishing lying to the FBI, under oath or to your bank would be blatten violations of free speech, alas they are not. Just as the fairness doctrine has been upheld by the USSC, i don´t think they would necessarily rule criminalizing spreading lies about elections as unconstitutional, as it clearly has the potential of destroying the constitutional order. It is not like that would be a new lesson to learn either.

The PGP source code hat to be printed as a book to be legally exportable iirc, so apparently free speech doesn´t even automatically apply to your own intellectual property when it isn´t even a lie.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 4416
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 pm

Like I said four years ago in a group where a noted Republican stentored "who would vote for Clinton", me, "I voted for the American candidate". I will never vote for a candidate ass kissing Putin, Xi, or Kim.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
WIederling
Posts: 9422
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Is Trump like Quisling?

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:23 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
Like I said four years ago in a group where a noted Republican stentored "who would vote for Clinton", me, "I voted for the American candidate". I will never vote for a candidate ass kissing Putin, Xi, or Kim.


Is "ass kissing" MONEY any better? :-)
Murphy is an optimist

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bennett123, Runway28L and 40 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos