Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Virtual737
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:27 pm

N757ST wrote:
I find requesting someone call you doctor tells me a lot more about that person then anything.


Did Dr Biden actually ask people to call her Dr, or correct someone that didn't? From what I can tell, the op-ed attack wasn't prompted by anything other than Dr Biden writing... Dr Biden. I might have missed something else.
 
andz
Posts: 7772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:50 pm

chimborazo wrote:
Half way over the Atlantic, cabin crew announcement: “ladies and gentlemen, if there is a doctor on board, please make yourself known to the cabin crew.”

“Can ai ‘elp..?” Says Valentino Rossi as he wanders into the galley...


I think that comment went over most peoples' heads but my wife and I had a good chuckle.

I worked with a medical doctor in a sales environment in the medical devices industry, some people in the company called him Dr (first name), I just called him by his first name. Same with my personal doctor and dentist. First name is fine.

Many other colleagues around the world had medical and other higher qualifications but you would never know it (apart from Herr Dr. Med. Prof. Ing).

Working in the medical devices environment the majority of people we dealt with were anesthesiologists, cardiologists, radiologists, professors (in academic hospitals) and usually after the first or second meeting it was "call me (first name)".

However... I remember one occasion when my manager and myself went to see a client with a reputation for unpredictable moods and when my boss greeted her by her first name (as in countless times before) she retorted "what's wrong, haven't you met a female professor before?"

Next time we met her, first name was fine again. Prima donna.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...
 
stratosphere
Topic Author
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
I find requesting someone call you doctor tells me a lot more about that person then anything.


Did Dr Biden actually ask people to call her Dr, or correct someone that didn't? From what I can tell, the op-ed attack wasn't prompted by anything other than Dr Biden writing... Dr Biden. I might have missed something else.


I am thinking she has although can't prove it. The media has gone out of their way to call her Dr Jill Biden including FOX for a while now. Now I do watch CNN and MSNBC also just to see what is being reported but FOX always calls her Dr Biden. Now for contrast they have Jessica Tarlov on quite a bit as a democratic or liberal commentator they have never once called her Dr and she is a PhD I did not even know that until I watched Kennedy on FOX business channel and she called Jessica Dr Tarlov I am sure it was meant to be a jab at Jill Biden but I went and looked and sure enough Tarlov does hold a PhD. Like I said I just found it annoying in Bidens case because the media goes out of their way to make sure Jill Biden is addressed as Dr. Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But you know being locked in during a pandemic I am finding more things to be nit picky about as are other people.
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:42 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But you know being locked in during a pandemic I am finding more things to be nit picky about as are other people.


So perhaps the crux of the issue is more with you than others' use of titles?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19706
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm

bgm wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But you know being locked in during a pandemic I am finding more things to be nit picky about as are other people.


So perhaps the crux of the issue is more with you than others' use of titles?


I’m not convinced the fact her husband has (D) after his name is totally irrelevant.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13112
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:52 pm

scbriml wrote:
bgm wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But you know being locked in during a pandemic I am finding more things to be nit picky about as are other people.


So perhaps the crux of the issue is more with you than others' use of titles?


I’m not convinced the fact her husband has (D) after his name is totally irrelevant.



It is just a continuation of the Right wing way. Attack people , even if you have no clue why..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
petertenthije
Posts: 4130
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:17 pm

stratosphere wrote:
But you know being locked in during a pandemic I am finding more things to be nit picky about as are other people.

Let's be fair here, when someone has a (D) behind their name you have always ben nit picky.

In the end, does it matter if she is adressed by title or not? And does it matter if she insists on it or not? She earned the title, why not be proud of it? It's no different from retired military officers continueing to use their rank, nobility insisting on using their title, or retired presidents continueing to use the title president. In all examples you will find some that insist on using the title, as well as people that do not give a toss if you use the title or not.

I am wondering if the use of titles might be something that varies from state to state in the USA. The Biden's are from Pennsylvania, a region that historically has a lot of German ancestry. The Germans are really big on using titles. Maybe that tradition has carried over to PA?
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11230
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:37 pm

I am pretty sure that if Melanie had a PhD and requested the honorific be used with her then many would be supportive of that (and the support and non-support would potentially even be flipped from what we see here). I don't see the difference, it is not a big deal.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
WIederling
Posts: 9980
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:46 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Anyone holding a PhD is entitled to be addressed as Dr.

Not sure why this is a problem for Joseph Epstein.


He doesn't have one. BA in absentia ( whatever that is supposed to mean)

As a a self-described "language snob," that irks to no end.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13112
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Look at it this way. We are all highly dependent on PhD Doctors to get us these vaccines.
Should we not call them Doctors?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22142
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Tugger wrote:
If someone earned a doctorate and requests that their earned title be used with them, that is not a big deal. Just do it. Why is this even a problem?


Because she's a woman, I suspect. (Go on, flame me, but it just seems a bit suspicious to me.)

As a medical doctor, I have no problem with Ph. D.s and other doctorates using their "Doctor" title as long as it isn't in a medical setting where that will confuse patients (in medical settings only physicians and clinical psychologists with a PsyD should be using that title or it would confuse patients). In fact, in medical school, we addressed a lot of our preclinical faculty as "Dr." even though they were Ph. D.s and not M.D.s.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19706
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:08 pm

DocLightning wrote:
Because she's a woman, I suspect. (Go on, flame me, but it just seems a bit suspicious to me.)


No need to flame. If she was a woman of colour as well, she’d be ticking all the wrong boxes for some.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
johns624
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:12 pm

scbriml wrote:
bgm wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? No. But you know being locked in during a pandemic I am finding more things to be nit picky about as are other people.


So perhaps the crux of the issue is more with you than others' use of titles?


I’m not convinced the fact her husband has (D) after his name is totally irrelevant.

I think it's more irksome to them that he officially has "President Elect" in front of his name...
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8652
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:27 pm

I used to think it was pretentious for non-medical personnel to use the title “doctor”. When I took chemistry in college, the labs were designed by a few professors but the insisted on saying “Lab designed by Dr. X and Dr. Y”. Back then, it felt a bit like drawing attention to themselves. After all, students addressed all professors as “professors”, with or without a PhD so my line of thought was that either they wrote “Professors X and Y” or use PhD at the end.

Having attained a masters degree and learning the importance of titles, I’m more lenient on the issue. Engineers in PR, for example, cannot use the title “engineer” unless they’ve attained the license and attach “P.E.” at the end of their name.

I personally have no issues with Mrs. Biden using the title “Doctor”. She has the degree that entitles her to it. As far as I know, she hasn’t pushed Congress to pass a law, or the media to refer to her as such. And I would wholeheartedly support someone using a title they’ve earned.

This brouhaha likely comes from someone without a degree, feeling somehow threatened by a successful woman with more under her name than the current First Lady.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8652
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:31 pm

johns624 wrote:
I think it's more irksome to them that he officially has "President Elect" in front of his name...

What’s funny is that they also insist that such office does not exist so it’s meaningless...even though it is explicitly called out under the 20th Amendment.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
winginit
Posts: 3067
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:51 pm

johns624 wrote:
I worked for a large, urban school system and most of the Ed.ds and Ph.ds wanted to be called "doctor". My view was that if they couldn't stitch me up or diagnose me, they weren't a doctor.


So what of dentists then?
 
johns624
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:54 pm

winginit wrote:
johns624 wrote:
I worked for a large, urban school system and most of the Ed.ds and Ph.ds wanted to be called "doctor". My view was that if they couldn't stitch me up or diagnose me, they weren't a doctor.


So what of dentists then?
Ever had a wisdom tooth extracted? Dentists are good with the sutures.
 
winginit
Posts: 3067
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:23 pm

johns624 wrote:
winginit wrote:
johns624 wrote:
I worked for a large, urban school system and most of the Ed.ds and Ph.ds wanted to be called "doctor". My view was that if they couldn't stitch me up or diagnose me, they weren't a doctor.


So what of dentists then?
Ever had a wisdom tooth extracted? Dentists are good with the sutures.


Chiropractor?
 
stratosphere
Topic Author
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:35 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I used to think it was pretentious for non-medical personnel to use the title “doctor”. When I took chemistry in college, the labs were designed by a few professors but the insisted on saying “Lab designed by Dr. X and Dr. Y”. Back then, it felt a bit like drawing attention to themselves. After all, students addressed all professors as “professors”, with or without a PhD so my line of thought was that either they wrote “Professors X and Y” or use PhD at the end.

Having attained a masters degree and learning the importance of titles, I’m more lenient on the issue. Engineers in PR, for example, cannot use the title “engineer” unless they’ve attained the license and attach “P.E.” at the end of their name.

I personally have no issues with Mrs. Biden using the title “Doctor”. She has the degree that entitles her to it. As far as I know, she hasn’t pushed Congress to pass a law, or the media to refer to her as such. And I would wholeheartedly support someone using a title they’ve earned.

This brouhaha likely comes from someone without a degree, feeling somehow threatened by a successful woman with more under her name than the current First Lady.


Not really it is her insistence that she be addressed as "Doctor" that is fueling the issue not that she is a woman. I have plenty of female medical doctors I know I address them with the title of Doctor so it's not a woman thing. But she has by far the easiest of doctoral degrees to obtain compared with the others but insists she be addressed as "Doctor" because she was tired of being second fiddle to her husband and getting mail addressed to Sen and Mrs Biden so she had to one up him. .Will be hard to top his position as President of the United States. So where does it end do we now call lawyers doctor too? They have JD degrees.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:52 pm

One obvious inconsistency and contradiction from the Democrats or Liberals or Leftists defending Jill Biden, is how against is this title thing to the idea of 'inequality' and 'treating everyone fairly'.

I thought meritocracy was bad, and we had to base people's worth on their color of the skin or their sexual orientation. However, for them, calling someone Doctor who is not, its actually very important.

That may end systemic racism, perhaps? Economic inequalities? the social injustices?

Maybe, who knows?
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13112
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:59 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
One obvious inconsistency and contradiction from the Democrats or Liberals or Leftists defending Jill Biden, is how against is this title thing to the idea of 'inequality' and 'treating everyone fairly'.

I thought meritocracy was bad, and we had to base people's worth on their color of the skin or their sexual orientation. However, for them, calling someone Doctor who is not, its actually very important.

That may end systemic racism, perhaps? Economic inequalities? the social injustices?

Maybe, who knows?


So you are equating personal traits and rights with personal accomplishments? And in doing so pretending that a Republican/Conservative would not revel in their own personal accomplishments?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19706
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
One obvious inconsistency and contradiction from the Democrats or Liberals or Leftists defending Jill Biden, is how against is this title thing to the idea of 'inequality' and 'treating everyone fairly'.

I thought meritocracy was bad, and we had to base people's worth on their color of the skin or their sexual orientation.


Then you haven’t been paying much attention because the idea is how people are treated, not their “worth”. People should be treated equally regardless of their skin colour, wealth (or lack of it), religion (or lack of it) or sexual orientation. Even the most communist states in history still needed doctors and scientists as well as farmers and factory workers.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:29 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
One obvious inconsistency and contradiction from the Democrats or Liberals or Leftists defending Jill Biden, is how against is this title thing to the idea of 'inequality' and 'treating everyone fairly'.

I thought meritocracy was bad, and we had to base people's worth on their color of the skin or their sexual orientation. However, for them, calling someone Doctor who is not, its actually very important.

That may end systemic racism, perhaps? Economic inequalities? the social injustices?

Maybe, who knows?


Why on earth would you equate traits that you are born with vs what you accomplish with hard work?
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12341
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:30 pm

winginit wrote:
johns624 wrote:
I worked for a large, urban school system and most of the Ed.ds and Ph.ds wanted to be called "doctor". My view was that if they couldn't stitch me up or diagnose me, they weren't a doctor.


So what of dentists then?


my dentist happens to have a PhD, is she a doctor doctor?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
speedygonzales
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:36 pm

winginit wrote:
Chiropractor?

Doctor of Quackery
Ignorance kills. :tombstone:
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:00 pm

My two sons both married women with doctorates One a physician in private practice who uses the title Dr. The other is physical therapist who uses DPT. I have no say, in what they choose to title themselves with. Nor, would I dream of crossing that line. Why do you think you have a right, to tell someone if they should use the "Dr." title?

Frankly, it's none of your business, your opinion means nada. Nor should she care about your opinion? Obviously you're crossing a line you have no business crossing. I highly suspect this is just another politically hit job, trying to put a women in her "so called" place. Everyone can see through this one.
 
M564038
Posts: 587
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:17 pm

We want qualifications to be the differentiator when it counts.
When it doesn’t count we want society to be as egalitarian as possible. Using titles when not neccesary is creating hierarcies where there shouldn’t be any.
It’s like handing out your CV to anyone in any absurd situation where your qualifications doesn’t count. Medieval stuff.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18548
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:11 am

It's truly impossible to overstate the bottomless pit of incandescent rage and ugliness emanating from conservatives:

Jill Biden’s Doctorate Is Garbage Because Her Dissertation Is Garbage
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/12/ ... term=first

"As for Biden, she has spent a lot of time teaching remedial English to slow learners in community colleges. "

...that's how you can tell the GOP is the party of the common folk, by the way they crap on them and community colleges.

"judging by the writing skills evinced by her students (“She very bad teacher and it is hard to pass class. I RECOMMEND NOT TAKE THIS PROFESSOR”), they emerged from her tutelage lacking mastery of even very basic grammar."

The cult of the barely literate is suddenly v v concerned about grammar and spelling. And what for? Because they're outraged she has additional education that merits a title? Unreal.

But wait! There's more! Here's frozen food heir and below average perpetual failson raging about Jill Biden:

Obsessed Tucker Carlson Calls Jill Biden ‘Illiterate’ and ‘Our National Shame’
https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed- ... onal-shame

I guess she couldn't remember "man woman person camera tv"? It's pure insanity, but that's all the GOP is left with now.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:42 am

310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2481
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:50 am

bgm wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Like I said, shows a lot about their confidence level when they have to be called a certain way just because it places you on a unique category of the rest of humans. I could care less if Michael wants to be called Dr. Michael because he did a PhD on some useless degree.


Your irrational reaction to it seems to speak even more volumes about your own confidence levels and insecurities if it truly bothers you that much.

So, do you only approve of Doctor in medical fields. Do you approve of military rank titles? How about Professor? Sir/Madam? Mr/Mrs? Religious titles? Where is the line drawn between what is and isn't acceptable to you?


I think that once your term in office is over, then you should not be addressed by the office that you used to hold.

Former Governors, Mayors, Presidents, etc. should just be their name.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14061
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: "DR" Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
bgm wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Like I said, shows a lot about their confidence level when they have to be called a certain way just because it places you on a unique category of the rest of humans. I could care less if Michael wants to be called Dr. Michael because he did a PhD on some useless degree.


Your irrational reaction to it seems to speak even more volumes about your own confidence levels and insecurities if it truly bothers you that much.

So, do you only approve of Doctor in medical fields. Do you approve of military rank titles? How about Professor? Sir/Madam? Mr/Mrs? Religious titles? Where is the line drawn between what is and isn't acceptable to you?


I think that once your term in office is over, then you should not be addressed by the office that you used to hold.

Former Governors, Mayors, Presidents, etc. should just be their name.


Eureka we agree on something! And I’d add to that one should not have “the Honorable” in front of their name unless they’re a proven pillar of integrity.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
Ken777
Posts: 10149
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:04 am

I believe that Dr. Biden has found it beneficial to use the title when discussing professional issues. With a husband a husband in politics is also allows her to maintain her individual status. Not everyone would use their titles for those issues, and many don't use them at all. Nobel Prize delivers more influence and you don't need a PhD, or even a Masters.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14061
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
It's truly impossible to overstate the bottomless pit of incandescent rage and ugliness emanating from conservatives:

Jill Biden’s Doctorate Is Garbage Because Her Dissertation Is Garbage
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/12/ ... term=first

"As for Biden, she has spent a lot of time teaching remedial English to slow learners in community colleges. "

...that's how you can tell the GOP is the party of the common folk, by the way they crap on them and community colleges.

"judging by the writing skills evinced by her students (“She very bad teacher and it is hard to pass class. I RECOMMEND NOT TAKE THIS PROFESSOR”), they emerged from her tutelage lacking mastery of even very basic grammar."

The cult of the barely literate is suddenly v v concerned about grammar and spelling. And what for? Because they're outraged she has additional education that merits a title? Unreal.

But wait! There's more! Here's frozen food heir and below average perpetual failson raging about Jill Biden:

Obsessed Tucker Carlson Calls Jill Biden ‘Illiterate’ and ‘Our National Shame’
https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed- ... onal-shame

I guess she couldn't remember "man woman person camera tv"? It's pure insanity, but that's all the GOP is left with now.


The best quote I saw about this re Tucker was: Tucker loves America the way Ike loved Tina.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18548
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:51 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.

Not just stratosphere—the entire GOP asylum. Can anyone remember anything the GOP has said about the 3600 covid deaths yesterday, today, and tomorrow? No? Not even a Thoughtsnprurrers™️?
I don't take responsibility at all
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14433
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:02 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.

Not just stratosphere—the entire GOP asylum. Can anyone remember anything the GOP has said about the 3600 covid deaths yesterday, today, and tomorrow? No? Not even a Thoughtsnprurrers™️?


They are too busy trying to find out what Biden thinks about Dijon mustard and what kind of dresses Dr. Jill Biden owns.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:56 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.

Not just stratosphere—the entire GOP asylum. Can anyone remember anything the GOP has said about the 3600 covid deaths yesterday, today, and tomorrow? No? Not even a Thoughtsnprurrers™️?


Also, not even a pipsqueak about the insane amount of Russian hacking on US gov infrastructure. Guess Trumpy doesn’t want to upset the boss.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19706
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:11 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.


I've reached the amazing conclusion that Fox isn't actually all that bad. :shock:

Having spent a little time reading the abhorrent insults and threats hurled in the direction of anyone who deviates from the cult of Trump on OAN, Breitbart and Gateway Pundit, I can only conclude that America would be in serious trouble if half these people could be bothered to get off their fat asses with their guns as they keep threatening. Thankfully, I suspect that typing out their rage and hatred is exhausting enough for most of them.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
stratosphere
Topic Author
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:32 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.


A republican wouldn't be bothered doing what Jill Biden is doing. Yes a lot of people are dead and yes I don't like how Trump handled it. But Trump didn't create this virus it came from CHINA lets not ever forget that. but you all voted for a man who he and his whole family profits from CHINA but to all of you that's fine. There are people all over the world dead from this virus not just here. Not to mention Trump while I don't like his attitude in not taking this virus as serious as I think he should have. He still removed roadblocks that got this vaccine in a position to get an EUA to use them and far shorter time than Biden or your hero Obama ever would have. Trump is a #1 asshat I will concede that but you all and the MSM have just as much of a hand in making this worse than it needed to be.
 
stratosphere
Topic Author
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:37 am

bgm wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
310,000 dead Americans and stratosphere’s obsessing about a title. Would he be doing this if she was a Republican? No. Thanks for keeping us updated on the big topics of the day over on planet Fox.

Not just stratosphere—the entire GOP asylum. Can anyone remember anything the GOP has said about the 3600 covid deaths yesterday, today, and tomorrow? No? Not even a Thoughtsnprurrers™️?


Also, not even a pipsqueak about the insane amount of Russian hacking on US gov infrastructure. Guess Trumpy doesn’t want to upset the boss.


Russia Russia Russia ..Meanwhile China is the one pulling our pants down. You libs crack me up. The real threat is right in your face but you know all out businesses and our politicians are getting rich from China so it's all good. Glad I won't be alive to see how China is going to own us not long from now and we let it happen.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11230
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:28 am

stratosphere wrote:
A republican wouldn't be bothered doing what Jill Biden is doing.

Yes they would. You absolutely cannot think that you speak accurately and actually truely for all Republicans. Do you imagine that a Republican woman would be forbidden from doing so or something silly like that? Or that Republican women are not proud of the hard work they put in and expect and if not given demand respect? Have you never seen a Republican woman demand respect? I sure have. I have no idea what you were thinking when you made that statement.

I'm guessing you're making the "no true Scotsman" fallacy error.

What a ridiculous, pompous, and.... what self-serving(?) comment.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
petertenthije
Posts: 4130
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:50 am

stratosphere wrote:
but you all voted for a man who he and his whole family profits from CHINA but to all of you that's fine.

Just toe be clear, you’re talking about Trump here, right?

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... est-china/
https://www.businessinsider.nl/trump-ow ... =true&r=US
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/21/poli ... index.html
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989
 
afcjets
Posts: 3616
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:57 am

If Trump leaves the WH, she should become a proper first lady and drop the nonsense of people wanting to call her a doctor. :stirthepot:

First Lady is a much bigger deal anyway, as was her previous title of Second Lady. No disrespect intended to real doctors.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19706
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:30 am

stratosphere wrote:
but you all voted for a man who he and his whole family profits from CHINA but to all of you that's fine.


Are you suggesting Trump and his clan don’t profit from China? :rotfl:

Please explain how it is that Trump paid over 250 times more tax in China than he did in America? I was going to say people in glass houses, but the expression “bull in a China shop” seems doubly appropriate!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 2248
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: DR Jill Biden

Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:41 am

Thread went off topic and will be locked.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casinterest, dfwjim1, lentokone, petertenthije, USPIT10L, victrola and 103 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos