Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:47 am

Pellegrine wrote:
Let's not shy about who this is.

They are white conservative racists who have used their closets to promote their own ideologue.

They do not respect the older generation who came before us who went through the HIV/AIDS epidemic under Reagan, they do not respect queer youths who were kicked out of their homes and who are un/underemployed, they definitely do not respect queer POC.


Very well said and spot the hell on...especially with the POC dead ringer.



stratosphere wrote:
I find it so amusing when the black community got pissed when Biden called them monolithic but they pretty much are much like the LGBTQ community is. From where I sit anyone who strays in either community is excoriated and shamed by the masses or in the black community called an "Uncle Tom" . I find this offensive myself. This is my issue with liberals and progressives in general its you agree with me or we will get you fired or shame you into thinking like us. You can hate Trump hell I hate him at this point. But I don't like the my way or the highway mentality that liberals have.


..and never failing to appear in such abhorrent outcomes....the cheerleading and celebrations of anyone willing to pull the ultimate self-interest suicidal stunt.

Celebration of Uncle Toms.


They can not find a shred of sympathy for all the George Floyds and Eric Garners, but they can go on and on singing the praises of any minority (POC) who helps the oppressors with their state sponsored Systemic Racism & Practices.

And then they a step further to claim 'being offending' by term Uncle Tom.

Well you can only be offended by the term if 1) you are one - [and you are not] 2) You just love blacks/minorities who act like or are indeed Uncle Toms, these none-threatening blacks are your preference if there are to be any. Hmmm... 'why?

Because no one understanding the full meaning and it's factual place in Black American History hold such a disturbing position. Notice his absence of 'cheer' for LGBTQ sell outs.

And the rationalization provided is a simplistic '-Liberals and their 'my way or the highway mentality'.

A special kind of simpleton is the only kind of mentality that can reduce such a massive complicated dynamic as centuries old Racism along with it's internal racial strife and divides' and wrap it up in a simple 'my way or the highway' box of ignorance.

This act has be played out centuries before you were born...but I'll let you persist as if you've discovered something new.

----------

Pelligrine explained this phenom perfectly, but I'll go one step further...

Minorities, POC, LGBTQs who follow that path and increase the numbers of those there before them..are the type of people you not want at side in any competitive contest or life event. They'll fold like a deck of cards. The opposition loves them, except when one of their own bites them back (see Lindsey Graham at the airport video).

But at it's core is Intellectual-laziness.
They know much more of their own history than their newly welcoming group (who knows next to none of such history).
Make no mistake, it is the best example of intellectual laziness and the stellar example of voting against your own best interest.


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Topic Author
Posts: 6959
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

NYCVIE wrote:
To your point though, as an African American I agree that Democrats get too cozy with the expectation that minority groups obviously must vote for them. I've seen that expectation alone make people angry enough to vote Republican. But I think the energy within these minority groups is that intense not because they LOVE Democrats but because Republicans clearly don't have minority interests on their agenda. And I'm not saying that Democrats are the beacon of those interests but Republicans at best accept and more realistically actively court voters who are actually anti-Black. I would think it's even more serious on the LGBT side because Republicans openly and proudly say they shouldn't have rights.

But I think identity politics the left has embraced has definitely pissed a lot of people off and moving forward they need to move away from it. Given how outwardly anti PC Trump is I can see how he attracted people from these groups.

Interestingly, I heard a US political commentator claim this morning that voting patterns have become reversed, and Democrat supporters are now likely to be more college educated, while Republicans have been increasingly gaining support from minority groups such as working class Hispanics and blacks. The LGBTQ community would be traditionally Democrat supporters, and a lot (I assume) would be college educated, so their increase in support for Trump would seem to buck this trend.
 
Sokes
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 am

seb146 wrote:

If you try it, don't like it, and go back to what you do like, that is experimentation, not full on bisexuality.

My scientific curiosity is getting truly aroused here.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?
 
jamincan
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 pm

It really quite simple, I think. LGBTQ people are far more likely to be out and open about their sexuality across the entire spectrum. It was more acceptable to be openly gay amongst more left-leaning crowds earlier on, but the stigma in more conservative circles has evaporated such that people who might have been closeted in the past have less reason to be now. I don't mean the right-wing evangelical wing where it's still stigmatized, but the more middle-class wealthy popped-collar golfing and sailing conservatives.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23747
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Sokes wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If you try it, don't like it, and go back to what you do like, that is experimentation, not full on bisexuality.

My scientific curiosity is getting truly aroused here.


I just think that guys who experiment once or twice with another guy label themselves as bisexual. They are not. I experimented with a woman once. That does not make me straight or bi.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
luckyone
Posts: 3971
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:
To your point though, as an African American I agree that Democrats get too cozy with the expectation that minority groups obviously must vote for them. I've seen that expectation alone make people angry enough to vote Republican. But I think the energy within these minority groups is that intense not because they LOVE Democrats but because Republicans clearly don't have minority interests on their agenda. And I'm not saying that Democrats are the beacon of those interests but Republicans at best accept and more realistically actively court voters who are actually anti-Black. I would think it's even more serious on the LGBT side because Republicans openly and proudly say they shouldn't have rights.

But I think identity politics the left has embraced has definitely pissed a lot of people off and moving forward they need to move away from it. Given how outwardly anti PC Trump is I can see how he attracted people from these groups.

Interestingly, I heard a US political commentator claim this morning that voting patterns have become reversed, and Democrat supporters are now likely to be more college educated, while Republicans have been increasingly gaining support from minority groups such as working class Hispanics and blacks. The LGBTQ community would be traditionally Democrat supporters, and a lot (I assume) would be college educated, so their increase in support for Trump would seem to buck this trend.

It's important to recognize that the LGBT+ community as it becomes less stigmatized is found across all geographic and socioeconomic strata. Sure the big cities have more numbers of them and attract people from other places, but they still live in rural areas, and accordingly their sociopolitical circumstances may reflect that.
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2651
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: Trump doubled support from LGBTQs

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:28 am

seb146 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Half/In-and-out of the closet white conservative men who use just enough of their newfound freedom because of what Democrats did under the Obama Administration and society changing to reveal who they really are.

That's what these people are.

They want to ____ men, but they have no dedication nor feelings towards queer rights or furthering them. Either they have dedication to their money, their politics, or their whiteness.

And they will get nothing from a person like me...who has fought...who has been uncomfortable when it has been required...who has argued for human rights. They get nothing from me.


There is room here for a sane and logical discussion about sexuality in men. No one cares, and it is even encouraged, for women to experiment with other women but it is still taboo for men to even think about experimenting with other men. I think that is slowly shifting. I think the men who now claim to be bisexual are not really fully bi. They could have gotten aroused during a WWE show because they don't know their body. Maybe they were at a public bathroom and glanced at a man next to them and thought "I am not revolted". I don't believe these men are truly bisexual. Some probably are, but not all of them.

I knew men back in the day who dated a few men, never did anything physical with them, and still call themselves bisexual to this day. I would not call that bi. If you try it, don't like it, and go back to what you do like, that is experimentation, not full on bisexuality.


That wasn't what I was trying to say. I appreciate what you said though. I know sexuality is fluid. I'm talking about people like former Rep. Aaron Schock and Richard Grenell who not only are or have been hypocrites, they use their power to malign the queer community.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys. Citizenship/Residence::: Washington DC, US; Vaud, CH; Providenciales, TCI (hence my avi)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: phatfarmlines and 26 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos