Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

northstardc4m
Topic Author

Everyone's worst type of hangover

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Another silly thread from... Well... Me

What is everyone's worst hangover type... Like after primarily drinking too much what do you feel the worst.

For me in order:

Champagne (new years day is often a real downer)

Tequila

Red wine

(And yes I've got too much experience in the subject.)

And before you call me an alcoholic... I rarely drink anymore so it makes the special days much more shall we say "I am a lightweight" than otherwise/used to be in my youth!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

VSMUT

Re: Everyone's worst type of hangover

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:32 pm

When you mix several things. Like the combination of copious amounts of red wine and beer over the course of an evening.

NIKV69

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:46 pm

For some reason I never get hangovers. If I drink to the point of this thread I just pass out and sleep like forever.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

L410Turbolet

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:24 pm

VSMUT wrote:
When you mix several things. Like the combination of copious amounts of red wine and beer over the course of an evening.

Bier nach wein trinkt nur schwein... (J.W. Goethe)

My worst hangovers are from wine. Even a Saturday night romantic dinner with moderate amount of quality wine means I am useless for the whole Sunday. :sour:

fr8mech

Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:01 pm

The old, disproven adage, of ‘beer before liquor, never been sicker’ holds true for me. If I start with beer, I never go to booze. If I start with booze, I can drink beer without I’ll effects, though I won’t return to booze. ‘Sicker’, in this case, does not mean puking, it means a nasty headache, regardless of how much water I’ve also drank. Don’t even have to get drunk, a little tipsy will do it for me.

Also, as I’ve aged, I’ve found that if I don’t space my booze out...if I get drunk...I wake up the next morning feeling pretty I’ll.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

flipdewaf

Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Helicopter fuel aka Newcastle brown ale. Took me a while to figure out that’s what it was...

Fred

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M564038

Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Funny part is, "the old disproven adage" here is the opposite and equaly correct for me. It is basically that you go from weak to stronger alcohol for the best result;-)

fr8mech wrote:
The old, disproven adage, of ‘beer before liquor, never been sicker’ holds true for me. If I start with beer, I never go to booze. If I start with booze, I can drink beer without I’ll effects, though I won’t return to booze. ‘Sicker’, in this case, does not mean puking, it means a nasty headache, regardless of how much water I’ve also drank. Don’t even have to get drunk, a little tipsy will do it for me.

Also, as I’ve aged, I’ve found that if I don’t space my booze out...if I get drunk...I wake up the next morning feeling pretty I’ll.

CitizenJustin

Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:05 pm

I really don’t know how I survived my 20’s. Too much partying, drinking, hangovers, more partying, more drinking.

Number6

Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Ok, so after show party, it’s 3.30 am and I return from the bathroom to discover a shot of vodka to finish the night. As was expected, I knocked it back and didn’t think much of it. Next day, I felt I had an ice pick wedged in my frontal lobe. Turns out said vodka was actually Ukrainian Moonshine at around 80% proof. Smooth and hell but damn, my head was killing me. Worst hangover ever.

BlueberryWheats

Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:24 pm

I only really get hangovers when I REALLY mix a lot of different things over an evening. I sometimes get a bit socially awkward, even at events where I know everyone very well, so for the first hour a knock them back quick without realising.

Side note... I rarely get massively drunk because I hate that feeling when you finally get into bed and you feel like you need to hang on for dear life, because the room is spinning so fast that you might fall off the Earth. That's the worst feeling in the world.

Does anyone get any specific drunken cravings? Mine is melted cheese, like on pizza or cheese on toast (or grilled cheese for ant Americans).
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut.

Sokes

Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:10 am

" Bier auf Wein, das lass sein.
Wein auf Bier, das Rat ich Dir. "

Don't drink beer after wine.
I recommend you to drink wine after beer.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

Aaron747

Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 am

The worst is not having a sizeable meal before a big night. Since 30 or so I have always ensured I eat enough, even if the drinking begins with a ‘dinner party’ - because there will always be more talking and drinking than eating.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

L410Turbolet

Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:19 am

northstardc4m wrote:
Tequila

I feel sorry for tequila producers as their effort to produce it hardly ever gets any recognition. The prevalent drinking culture seems to be that tequila is too often the "last straw" order at a point when people are already totally drunk and would not tell a difference whether they are drinking a fine liquor or some cheap crap.

BlueberryWheats wrote:
I hate that feeling when you finally get into bed and you feel like you need to hang on for dear life, because the room is spinning so fast that you might fall off the Earth. That's the worst feeling in the world.

I am lucky to live in a provincial town, where it is only roughly 6 km from the pubs and bars downtown to my apartment, so walking home helped me reduce the worst drunkeness and the spinning slowed down to somewhat bearable speed. ;)

seb146

Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:19 am

I have not had a hangover in a very long time. I think the last time was before I met the brosband. My BFF and I were supposed to meet and go bar hopping. We kept missing each other and texting and calling from different bars and clubs. It was hilarious. I took a cab home and thought I slept it off. The next day, I was at another friend's house. He cooked some steaks for dinner. I took a couple of bites and it was like hitting a wall. I went back home and continued sleeping it off.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

B777LRF

Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:36 am

My worst experience involves aviation, go figure!

Was jumpseating back from Dubai to Brussels, where I would have a few hours before grabbing another jumpseat to Lagos. So far, so innocent. As it turned out, the flight from DXB had a crew of 2 and 7 passengers, self included, each of which (the passengers, that is) seemed to have made a rather large dent in the tax-free at Dubai. Off we went, and not long after the cigarettes were lit up (only one non-smoker onboard, the FO, poor thing) and corks started popping. First a couple of beers, then a number of bottles of wine with the food, and finally some cognac or whiskey as we trundled along the airways, trying out all the different after-shaves and perfumes we'd also been purchased with the booze; seemed like a good idea at the time ....

Landed in BRU feeling somewhat tipsy (read: drunk as a skunk), but also still rather thirsty, so went down to the local watering hole for a few beers, and then a few beers more, a couple of large Jack & Coke's, and finally timing my return to the airport for an 03:30 departure to perfection.

When I got to the aircraft, climbing the stairs up to the aircraft took quite an effort and I more or less staggered onboard. To my luck it was a captain I knew commanding the flight, and he just laughed at me and instructed to to stay in the supernumerary area and sleep it off. We had made a tech-stop in PMI on the way south, but I was sound asleep during the landing, turn-around and take-off, and only came through around noon. Now in the supernumerary area the only natural lights are from two small portholes in the doors, which some kind sole had covered, so it was pretty dark. I woke up with headaches best measured on the upper ends of the Richter scale, but thought I'd better make the flyboys know I was alive. As I opened the door to the cockpit it became apparent it was not only noon, it was a clear day over the Sahara, and the bright light tore through my eyes and ate into my brain. I slammed the door shut and started digging around for shades, retuning to the front office a few minutes later. The crew were pissing themselves laughing, and I'd hardly uttered the words "would anyone like coffee" before howls of "you stink like an ashtray that's gone down on a alcoholic prostitute" forced me to make a hasty retreat and go nurse my hangovers in the back.

And boy were those hangovers of galactic proportions!
Signature. You just read one.

readytotaxi

Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:36 pm

For me it is the colour of the drink for some reason.
White wine, Vodka Gin = OK
Red wine Dark rum Guinness = awful hangover
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

MrHMSH

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Craft beer for me. Always an absolute stinker of a hangover, even with relatively low amounts drunk. I love the taste of them and the idea and execution of craft beer places is pretty good (I especially love them here in Vietnam), but any more than 3 pints and the next day is a write-off. On the other hand, 13 beers last night (cheap tiger) and I just needed some isotonic water and paracetamol to feel a lot better, though not tip top.

casinterest

Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:53 pm

Cheap vodka.
Worst hangovers ever.

Especially if proceeded by a few beers.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:49 am

Worst hangovers.......
Cheap Red Wine
Dark liquors
Shots

Can drink generously with not much effect:
Gin
White wine
Light beer

fallap

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 am

Waking up in the detention at the police station is a pretty bad way to start your hangover, especially because the guards are in anything but a rush to allow you access to the bathroom...
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

BawliBooch

Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:40 am

I cannot handle Whisky - bad hangover.

However the worst Hangover is the one where you wake up next to some trash you met in the bar the previous night! :)
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

Kno

Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:42 am

I rarely find myself hung over - and when I have there seems to be no pattern I can identify. I have had a horrible hangover where I had 2-3 drinks at most, and I have partied for half a day mixing different boozes, straight, shots, beers, etc, at a constant pace and felt good as new in the morning.

blacking out is a bigger fascination, and yes I have without feeling hung over.

Ever been out with some friends, wake up the next morning, and have no concept of how you got home, or what happened, and ask others to find surprising results? Apparently I’ve been to multiple bars, parties, restaurants with no memory of it what so ever.

Side note: absolute cure for any hangover, water, iced coffee (cold brew if you can), Advil, and McDonald’s hash browns. Yes McDonald’s is gross, yes excessive drinking is bad - but you try this combination and you’d be surprised, you’ll feel 100% within 15 minutes of feeling like death.

T18

Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Threads like these remind me that I must be some sort of teetotaler as I have never been hungover in my life, Heck I can't recall ever even getting drunk.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

Sokes

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:43 am

BawliBooch wrote:

However the worst Hangover is the one where you wake up next to some trash you met in the bar the previous night! :)

Well, as long as you don't wake up next to Modi.

Sokes

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:47 am

T18 wrote:
Threads like these remind me that I must be some sort of teetotaler as I have never been hungover in my life, Heck I can't recall ever even getting drunk.

It's called blackout.

CaptHadley

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:55 am

Stopped drinking alcohol a few years ago. Switched to the green leafy substance and never looked back. Can fire it up, relax and chill listening to music. No “oh my god what/who did I do” moments, no pounding headaches. It’s a beautiful thing.

BawliBooch

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:56 pm

Sokes wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

Well, as long as you don't wake up next to Modi.

Ugh! Where would I meet a Modi anyway? Cow Piss Party at the Sanskari Dude Mixer in Sacramento?

Not my type anyway. If i were to go THAT way, i'd rather have my guy put on a Santa costume!

PS: Thanks for the nightmares! :vomit:
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

Kno

Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:39 am

CaptHadley wrote:
Stopped drinking alcohol a few years ago. Switched to the green leafy substance and never looked back. Can fire it up, relax and chill listening to music. No “oh my god what/who did I do” moments, no pounding headaches. It’s a beautiful thing.

If it’s a replacement for you more power to you - I hear this a lot from many folks but I just don’t see the correlation. The two activities are just so different. It’s like saying I gave up air travel for roller blading.... sure they’re both modes of transportation but it’s apples to oranges.

CaptHadley

Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:57 am

Kno wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

If it’s a replacement for you more power to you - I hear this a lot from many folks but I just don’t see the correlation. The two activities are just so different. It’s like saying I gave up air travel for roller blading.... sure they’re both modes of transportation but it’s apples to oranges.

The object for both “activities” is to, bottom line, alter your mind. Smoking, again, leaves me with a relaxed, sometimes euphoric feeling. I don’t get loud or obnoxious, nor do I feel bulletproof and need to duke it out with someone. I don’t wake up feeling the need to puke my guts out or feel like someone is pounding on my skull with a pick axe. Again, both of these activities are used to alter your mind. I’ll take my way over alcohol any day.

Kno

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:15 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
Kno wrote:
CaptHadley wrote:

The object for both “activities” is to, bottom line, alter your mind. Smoking, again, leaves me with a relaxed, sometimes euphoric feeling. I don’t get loud or obnoxious, nor do I feel bulletproof and need to duke it out with someone. I don’t wake up feeling the need to puke my guts out or feel like someone is pounding on my skull with a pick axe. Again, both of these activities are used to alter your mind. I’ll take my way over alcohol any day.

Alter your mind is a tremendously broad spectrum, which can have many objectives. To each their own, it’s all about what activities you enjoy and how the substances effect you.

a318

Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:57 am

Any dark liquor or cheap red wine. I’ve been sober for just over two years but towards the end my hangovers turned into bouts of anxiety and panic attacks. The only way I could curb those feelings was with more alcohol. Never ending cycle that ended up with me waking up one morning realizing sobriety was my only choice.

DL717

Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:46 am

Worst hangover I had was Wild Turkey. Long time ago though. Drank waaaay too much. Can’t stand the smell of the stuff anymore.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.