Probably 99.9% of 2020 events can go away for good and the sooner the better. Of course abuse of children and animals are a given. Never good no matter what the year. I don't necessarily believe in coincidences but, I missed posting the thread for 2020 and look how the year turned out. So far, I consider myself pretty fortunate. 2020 sucked but was not catastrophic for me. But, 2020 still has nine days to go and so far this year is going out with plenty of turbulence.
So, some of my hopes/changes for 2021
- Herd immunity from all strains of Covid preferably naturally and not having to rely on vaccines.
- Restoration of the economy, no shutdowns
- No masks/social distancing
- Return to growth and profitability in the airline industry, full return to cruising, travelling. There's a pent up demand.
- Schools open to full classroom learning.
- Return of the unemployed to full employment
- A kinder and more open when it comes to disagreements. Try to bury the hatchet
- Unwarranted police shootings
- Do not defund police
- An economic stimulus package (USA) where those who need it get ample help assistance. Sure gender studies in Pakistan are edge of your seat must know but...
- My usual request which goes unheeded year after year but, less Christmas Creep. Even with all the misery of 2020 it's Jingle Sells all the way.