Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zippyjet
Topic Author

Changes you'd like for 2021

Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:41 pm

I was a bad boy. Last year I failed to start my annual changes for the new year aka what do you want to go away. To say 2020 was a bummer would be the big understatement. Masks, social distancing, shutdowns economic strife all thanks to a nasty pandemic named Covid 19 all made 2020 literally a plague in of itself.
Probably 99.9% of 2020 events can go away for good and the sooner the better. Of course abuse of children and animals are a given. Never good no matter what the year. I don't necessarily believe in coincidences but, I missed posting the thread for 2020 and look how the year turned out. So far, I consider myself pretty fortunate. 2020 sucked but was not catastrophic for me. But, 2020 still has nine days to go and so far this year is going out with plenty of turbulence.

So, some of my hopes/changes for 2021
  1. Herd immunity from all strains of Covid preferably naturally and not having to rely on vaccines.
  2. Restoration of the economy, no shutdowns
  3. No masks/social distancing
  4. Return to growth and profitability in the airline industry, full return to cruising, travelling. There's a pent up demand.
  5. Schools open to full classroom learning.
  6. Return of the unemployed to full employment
  7. A kinder and more open when it comes to disagreements. Try to bury the hatchet
  8. Unwarranted police shootings
  9. Do not defund police
  10. An economic stimulus package (USA) where those who need it get ample help assistance. Sure gender studies in Pakistan are edge of your seat must know but...
  11. My usual request which goes unheeded year after year but, less Christmas Creep. Even with all the misery of 2020 it's Jingle Sells all the way.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve this message!

Virtual737

Re: Changes you'd like for 2021

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:28 am

By your wording H says you're hoping for more unwarranted police shootings :)

zippyjet
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:31 am

Virtual737 wrote:
By your wording H says you're hoping for more unwarranted police shootings :)

Not at all, Quite the contrary. Its way too scary and unwarranted.

bgm

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:36 am

How do you plan on A without even more mass death?

You can catch COVID more than once, so herd immunity without a vaccine isn’t really possible in 2021.

TWA772LR

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:46 am

For myself, I'm hoping to get a pay raise or better paying job. I like the one I have now and it's total job security even in the airline biz, but I would really like to move on with my life and move out from my parents. I would also like to know if me and my girlfriend are meant to be, we're 2 months in so I think I have a while to answer that anyway.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

zippyjet
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:26 am

TWA772LR is your kitty a Tortoiseshell affectionately known as a Tortie. Here's to a better 2021. Hope you and your girlfriend thrive together. Its hard but, easy does it.

NIKV69

Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:37 am

I bet if you were NYC you would say not have to see Diblasio anymore. They turned on the police and see how good that turned out?

I guess I would like to see Covid under control by September and Nicole Malliotakis speaking on the Hill as much as the MSM will put her on.

Also more video of Kristi Noem in Wrangler jeans. Pure heaven!
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

zippyjet
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:44 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I bet if you were NYC you would say not have to see Diblasio anymore. They turned on the police and see how good that turned out?

I guess I would like to see Covid under control by September and Nicole Malliotakis speaking on the Hill as much as the MSM will put her on.

Diblasio real last name something like Wilhelm leadership is getting old to many New Yorkers. Re: Kristi Noem, I'd go for broke, I'd like to see her in a mini skirt/dress business suit! Re: Covid hopefully by the beginning of Spring.

TWA772LR

Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:19 am

zippyjet wrote:
TWA772LR is your kitty a Tortoiseshell affectionately known as a Tortie. Here's to a better 2021. Hope you and your girlfriend thrive together. Its hard but, easy does it.

Not sure what you mean with the Torrie thing, but thanks my friend! :)
NIKV69 wrote:

:yes:
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

ArchGuy1

Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:15 am

I would like to see the pedestal and crown of the Statue of Liberty in New York City reopened. Also climbing Bunker Hill Monument in Boston, The Monument to the Great Fire of London, and the tower of Salisbury Cathedral should be reopened. Three other things that I would like to see include the end of the Qatar crisis between the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, along with the reestablishing of the Cuba thaw and the Iran nuclear deal under Biden. Also, Israel should establish relations with Qatar and Lebanon. Would also like to see the Queen Mary in Long Beach reopened and actually undergo restoration work to fix decades of deferred maintenance. The admission fee for the Empire State Building and other New York City observation decks should be reduced to about $20-25.

Cadet985

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:17 am

zippyjet wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Diblasio real last name something like Wilhelm leadership is getting old to many New Yorkers. Re: Kristi Noem, I'd go for broke, I'd like to see her in a mini skirt/dress business suit! Re: Covid hopefully by the beginning of Spring.

DeBlasio’s real name is Warren Wilhelm. As someone who used to visit NYC quite frequently, let’s just say he’s pretty close to the bottom on the list of people I like.

As for me, I had an excruciating 2020, and I’d like to be able to be genuinely happy again in 2021, but I don’t see that happening.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

Marc

NIKV69

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:23 pm

zippyjet wrote:
I'd like to see her in a mini skirt/dress business suit! Re: Covid hopefully by the beginning of Spring.

LOL they don't even know what a mini skirt is in SD but a sun dress yes!

Also another change I would like to see is no more articles about Tiger Woods' son!
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

ER757

Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:03 pm

What I wish would go away in 2021

COVID-19 of course - that's probably on everyone's list
Those stupid emu ads for Liberty Mutual
Lily from AT&T
Flo from Progressive

Okay, I guess I watch way too much NFL football on TV

luckyone

Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Rather off the wall, but I really wish that whoever makes commercials would stop using the aria "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen." If you don't it by name, you've likely heard the famous staccato high F's as it's one of the most famous opera arias. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuBeBjqKSGQ. Why does it annoy me you ask? Well, the narrative of the aria is a mother telling her daughter to kill a man, lest she be disowned. Boy doesn't that make me want to go out and buy your product!!!

Dieuwer

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 pm

My wish list is for the president, every governor of every state, and every major of the top 25 cities in the US go to jail.

zippyjet
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
My wish list is for the president, every governor of every state, and every major of the top 25 cities in the US go to jail.

Regarding Mayors maybe increase the list to top 50 towns. Baltimore, my town is known for Mayors booked at the Uncle Sam Hotel. And we are losing people by the bunch each year. Moving out and sadly murder.

DIRECTFLT

Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:35 am

When I post a YouTube link to a music video here, I'd like for the video preview to appear.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

jetwet1

Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:26 pm

At the start of 2020 I had just over 28,000 employees, I now have just 18,000, the only thing I want for next year is to get the ones we couldn't bring back back to work.

zippyjet
Topic Author

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:17 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

When I post a YouTube link to a music video here, I'd like for the video preview to appear.

In case you didn't do these steps... If you have sorry for the duplication
  1. Google search engine (Easiest and most results but, if you don't want to be tracked with adds etc. Go to startpage.com or duckduckgo.com)
  2. On search engine (Google Page) click on videos
  3. Type in song and or artist if you know both...EX: Air Travel by Bob and Earl
  4. Google owns You Tube so results should come up with a little picture Right Click Copy Link Address
  5. If you want to post the link say here for others. Just describe in a few words who, what and where about this link you are sharing.
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f-Y2Z8quY
  7. Otherwise, I'd right click on link to your video and opt for open in a new tab in case it doesn't work

Hope this helps and here's to a much better 2021!

Aaron747

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Taiwan/Korea/Australia's successes with COVID and Europe/US failures seem to indicate that your B is not possible without total embrace of C. If we continue to have holdouts claiming 'freedumb' we won't be able to fully reopen quickly due to hospital management needs.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

DIRECTFLT

Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:19 pm

zippyjet wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

In case you didn't do these steps... If you have sorry for the duplication
  1. Google search engine (Easiest and most results but, if you don't want to be tracked with adds etc. Go to startpage.com or duckduckgo.com)
  2. On search engine (Google Page) click on videos
  3. Type in song and or artist if you know both...EX: Air Travel by Bob and Earl
  4. Google owns You Tube so results should come up with a little picture Right Click Copy Link Address
  5. If you want to post the link say here for others. Just describe in a few words who, what and where about this link you are sharing.
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f-Y2Z8quY
  7. Otherwise, I'd right click on link to your video and opt for open in a new tab in case it doesn't work

Hope this helps and here's to a much better 2021!

Thanks for all of that, but an inline YT video link allow you to play (most) videos within the post. Anything else is just link out to separate web page, which is, common.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Tiredofhumanity

Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:24 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Taiwan/Korea/Australia's successes with COVID and Europe/US failures seem to indicate that your B is not possible without total embrace of C. If we continue to have holdouts claiming 'freedumb' we won't be able to fully reopen quickly due to hospital management needs.

And now S. Korea is apparently having problems. With this mutation and the fact the vaccines have not even been proven to reduce spread, I'm expecting this coming year to be more of the same.

Aaron747

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:59 pm

Tiredofhumanity wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

And now S. Korea is apparently having problems. With this mutation and the fact the vaccines have not even been proven to reduce spread, I'm expecting this coming year to be more of the same.

They seem to nip their spikes in the bud quickly thanks to robust contact tracing. And by 'problems' remember that on the Korean government's radar, a 200-case spike is a serious emergency.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Agamadi

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:38 am

zippyjet wrote:
I was a bad boy. Last year I failed to start my annual changes for the new year aka what do you want to go away. To say 2020 was a bummer would be the big understatement. Masks, social distancing, shutdowns economic strife all thanks to a nasty pandemic named Covid 19 all made 2020 literally a plague in of itself.
Probably 99.9% of 2020 events can go away for good and the sooner the better. Of course abuse of children and animals are a given. Never good no matter what the year. I don't necessarily believe in coincidences but, I missed posting the thread for 2020 and look how the year turned out. So far, I consider myself pretty fortunate. 2020 sucked but was not catastrophic for me. But, 2020 still has nine days to go and so far this year is going out with plenty of turbulence.

So, some of my hopes/changes for 2021
  1. Herd immunity from all strains of Covid preferably naturally and not having to rely on vaccines.
  2. Restoration of the economy, no shutdowns
  3. No masks/social distancing
  4. Return to growth and profitability in the airline industry, full return to cruising, travelling. There's a pent up demand.
  5. Schools open to full classroom learning.
  6. Return of the unemployed to full employment
  7. A kinder and more open when it comes to disagreements. Try to bury the hatchet
  8. Unwarranted police shootings
  9. Do not defund police
  10. An economic stimulus package (USA) where those who need it get ample help assistance. Sure gender studies in Pakistan are edge of your seat must know but...
  11. My usual request which goes unheeded year after year but, less Christmas Creep. Even with all the misery of 2020 it's Jingle Sells all the way.

I also wish there were fewer religious conflicts in the new year. I recently wrote an essay on this topic about the beliefs of each person separately. I lacked inspiration and some facts to write, so I went to the site https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/personal-beliefs/ and read cool examples of essays about the personal beliefs of each person and about religion in general.

I really look forward to what you are talking about in the paragraph "Returning the unemployed to full employment". This is really very important.

Drake0505

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:45 pm

I hope that in 2021 things will go better than this year because I have big plans for next year. I want to be a motion designer, but I'm afraid to change my specialty. That's why I watch various videos where people are shown how they managed to start doing motion design. So I'm moving a little bit towards my goal. The next step is to complete the courses. They are expensive, but I think that https://mr.bet/ will help me with this as always. I can often get there a large amount of money quickly. So I think I will succeed.