Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aaron747
Topic Author

Trump On Tape Asks GA SecState To Change Vote Count

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Wish I could say this is surprising but...no.

In an hourlong call with GA state counsel and Secretary of State, Trump made several claims they reported the state election incorrectly and urged them to change the count. The way he phrases things is...stunning. These are truly strange times we are in.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the call, which backs up previous claims from sources familiar with the meeting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html

luckyone

Re: Trump On Tape Asks GA SecState To Change Vote Count

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:18 pm

If you are unable to hear the excerpts from the call on WaPo, you can hear it here: https://lawandcrime.com/politics/trump- ... ate-audio/

I’m curious if this opens the President up to subsequent legal action. The President is leaning on an elected official.

art

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:02 pm

I have just heard excerpts from the recording on LBC radio in the UK. Extraordinary.

The commentator on LBC commented that Trump appears to actually believe that he won the election in the state.

luckyone

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:09 pm

art wrote:
I have just heard excerpts from the recording on LBC radio in the UK. Extraordinary.

The commentator on LBC commented that Trump appears to actually believe that he won the election in the state.

Whether he believes it or not is irrelevant. Publicly the rhetoric will always be Trump AMAZING, and anything other than that is subject to attacks and endless litigation. This is how Trump has conducted business his entire life— “I am Oz! The great and powerful! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!”

johnboy

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:15 pm

I’m actually wondering if Mark Meadows is getting kickbacks from the grift going on post-election.

art

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm

luckyone wrote:
art wrote:

Whether he believes it or not is irrelevant.

Don't want to pick a fight but I hink that it is relevant if the most powerful person in the world suffers from delusions.
Last edited by art on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Another blunder, it's very easy to listen in on those phone calls. He didn't think it would leak? At this point it doesn't matter I would rather he get prosecuted for what he charges for hats and shirts in his gift shops. I bought some stuff the other day and almost collapsed when I saw the total.

luckyone

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:25 pm

art wrote:
luckyone wrote:
art wrote:

Don't want to pick a fight but I hink that it is relevant if the most powerful person in the world suffers from delusions.

No fight indeed! I agree with you it’s important. I just meant from the point of what to expect from Trump.

art

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:33 pm

luckyone wrote:
art wrote:
luckyone wrote:

No fight indeed! I agree with you it’s important. I just meant from the point of what to expect from Trump.

Understood.

bennett123

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:57 pm

This is the LBC item

https://www.lbc.co.uk/world-news/4a030c ... 8783d2467/

Where is he supposed to 'find' these votes.

bennett123

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55524838

There is an audio link on this one.

Wow just wow.

He seriously thinks you can just 'find' 11,780 votes.

Confuscius

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:20 pm

A perfect phone call. Tremendously beautiful, greatest phone call in history!

phatfarmlines

Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:34 pm

GA Secretary of State Raffensperger's response to Trump on Twitter:

Respectfully, President Trump: What you're saying is not true. The truth will come out

Finally Raffensperger grew a spine to go after Trump. :box:

ltbewr

Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 pm

I wish the GA SoS after 2 minutes, if that, of Trump's rant, told him 'Respectfully, go F' yourself. I wish Trump was as obsessed dealing with the Covif-19 pandemic as he is about trying to overturn he election results. To me this proves his not mentally fit to continue in office under the 25th Amendment and power transferred to the VP with no pardon deal.

LMP737

Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:30 pm

luckyone wrote:
If you are unable to hear the excerpts from the call on WaPo, you can hear it here: https://lawandcrime.com/politics/trump- ... ate-audio/

I’m curious if this opens the President up to subsequent legal action. The President is leaning on an elected official.

To any rational adult what you hear is a bully who is either delusional or lacking any moral compass what so ever. However to his hardcore supporters his words are like meth.

johns624

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:17 am

He doesn't understand that the authoritarian approach that he used to run privately or closely held companies isn't allowed in a democracy. He also isn't used to being told "NO". When your name is on the company and buildings, people under you don't tell you that. He also doesn't understand that loyalty is to the country, not to any particular person.

davidjohnson6

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:27 am

When an employer terminates an employee from a company, the employer sometimes has to expect a bit of begging, tears, shouting and screaming as the news sinks in. It may not be particularly dignified, but it happens because human beings have emotions. As long as the employee leaves the building peacefully and all logins are disabled cleanly, then it's not usually worth taking much notice of what the employee said in that last brief meeting

Aaron747
Topic Author

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:41 am

There is some spin out there that the GA SoS cornered Trump and the leak represents illegal action on the part of state officials. Not so, as GA is a one-party consent state.

https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/georgia-recording-law

casinterest

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:32 am

Abuse of Power, and the GOP will not lift a finger.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021/01/0 ... ump-again/

The Post‘s Jennifer Rubin is more sanguine about the potential for prosecution: there is a case to be made that Trump violated laws against depriving citizens of free and fair elections, against extortion of a public official, and exhorting a public official to commit election fraud.

However difficult it might be to prosecute Trump for this as a private citizen, more pointedly this sort of transgression is exactly what impeachment was designed to cover. It is impossible to write laws that might cover all the specific ways that a president might violate their oath of office, abuse their power, or threaten democracy. The phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors” is deliberately vague on purpose.

alfa164

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:40 am

art wrote:

I think we can all agree - even the most ardent of Herr Trump's supporters, if they are willing to admit to reality - that he has gone well past delusions and into fully deranged territory. And he still has almost three weeks in office; it remains to be seen how much of the "scorched earth" policy (which he already began) he will continue to inflict on us.

He doesn't take rejection - especially by the nation as a whole - lightly. He is a sick shell-of-a-man.

luckyone

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:48 am

https://www.wicz.com/story/43121294/rea ... y-of-state

I just read the transcript. The only reason that call was as long as it was is because Trump rambled, and rambled, and rambled with his self-soothing talking points, nearly all of which have been addressed. I felt sorry for his attorney who did indeed appear to redirect the discussion more than once, only to be talked over by Trump. As for the numbers, the Trump team throws out some numbers, which Georgia refutes. The Trump team wants to know why they aren’t entitled to things against Georgia law.

cpd

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:51 am

It's damaging for sure, but the Trump astroturfers will just be happy that he is making everyone's head spin.

Where are they by the way? I would have thought they'd be right out in force to explain away this one.

luckyone

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:55 am

cpd wrote:
It's damaging for sure, but the Trump astroturfers will just be happy that he is making everyone's head spin.

Where are they by the way? I would have thought they'd be right out in force to explain away this one.

Limbaugh and Hannity don’t air Sunday night. Gotta wait for the talking points.

c933103

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 am

A Trump-leaning Chinese language non-China newspaper used the following wordings as subheading of report on this incident: "Political arena shocked, question it might be illegal"

Aaron747
Topic Author

Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:54 am

c933103 wrote:
A Trump-leaning Chinese language non-China newspaper used the following wordings as subheading of report on this incident: "Political arena shocked, question it might be illegal"

Sounds like none other than Epoch Times.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:49 am

Man oh man, if you listen to the full audio, check out 25:00 - 32:00, when he's fighting with the state officials about their data. Trump claims the tape Giuliani shared shows the real story about ballot stuffing, the officials respond saying they looked into it, viewed the full tape, did not see what was claimed, and had law enforcement/GBI/FBI talk to the people who were there to match timelines. Trump then claims 'they must be incompetent then'. He goes on to ridicule Georgians who moved back to the state, insinuating nobody would do that. :lol:

Absolutely crazy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html

tommy1808

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Absolutely crazy.

As long as Trump didn´t wear a tan suit while he was on the line, its probably A OK for most Republicans.

best regards
Thomas

c933103

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:39 am

Aaron747 wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Sounds like none other than Epoch Times.

Not that

WIederling

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:30 am

LMP737 wrote:
To any rational adult what you hear is a bully who is either delusional or lacking any moral compass what so ever. .

The obvious outcome when a whole society woes the success of the accomplished sociopath.

ER757

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:19 pm

Once again it proves what we already know - he has no ethics, no morals and no shame - good riddance to this buffoon in 16 day.

luckyone

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:26 pm

ER757 wrote:
Once again it proves what we already know - he has no ethics, no morals and no shame - good riddance to this buffoon in 16 day.

Agreed. I listened to it again while I was doing my Monday morning email purge, and he stated "We won every state. We won every statehouse." Neither of those statements is correct. I don't know if what he meant was to comment about "swing states," but the fact of the matter is that is the statement that actually came out of his mouth. In spite of his endless prattling about alleged fraudulent ballots, he offers no proof that those ballots would be for Biden other than an assumption. He also stated "it's not social media, it's Trump media." It makes me wonder if we really have had this delusional puppet propped up by the enabling GOP.

casinterest

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:48 pm

ER757 wrote:

It is not just Trump though. Every GOP congress member that is rushing to his defense is abandoning American democracy.
Trump repeated tons of already debunked information, and flat out ignored the officials in Georgia that had already verified the information.

Those that see nothing wrong with this call, are ignoring what happened for financial gains, or are so lose in their own ethics and morals that they are unfit to serve.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/politics ... index.html

Lots of the claims were pure lunacy.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/politics ... index.html

"Any time when just about 50% of the American public does not believe that the elections are valid, there's something wrong," Van Drew said. Told that many voters don't believe the elections were valid because Trump has refused to accept the results, Van Drew said: "They don't listen to every single thing he says. They're doing it because they believe it."

These folks are only repeating the lies that have been spewed from Trump and Right Wing news sites for the last 4 years. With ZERO evidence.

frmrCapCadet

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Would it be unfair to note how close to fascism we are with large numbers of people and legislators who are radically to the right of our already very conservative Supreme Court?

seb146

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm

Another attempt at a coup. If at first you don't succeed, try making the perfect phone call. Why are we not trying him for treason?

ER757

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
Would it be unfair to note how close to fascism we are with large numbers of people and legislators who are radically to the right of our already very conservative Supreme Court?

No not at all. But it does appear that fortunately a majority of the GOP still a some ethics and refuse to go all the way down the rabbit hole. I also think that eventually there will be a reckoning at the polls for these dimwit senators and representative that are going to make a dog and pony show out of the reading of the electoral votes on Wednesday.

NIKV69

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:00 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:

Again if you have looked at the last few rulings the SC is not very conservative. I the left just continues to show the loathing and hatred for ACB yet in reality the court is much closer to the center. I know this misinformation needs to be recited ad nauseum since before Manchin stood up to the left fringe there was going to be a court packing attempt but it's really not fair to keep assailing the high court in this manner just because RBG didn't listen and resign when Obama was in office.

seb146

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Again if you have looked at the last few rulings the SC is not very conservative. I the left just continues to show the loathing and hatred for ACB yet in reality the court is much closer to the center. I know this misinformation needs to be recited ad nauseum since before Manchin stood up to the left fringe there was going to be a court packing attempt but it's really not fair to keep assailing the high court in this manner just because RBG didn't listen and resign when Obama was in office.

The three MAGA judges have to look tolerant for now. They hate women's health care issues, they hate LGBTQ equality, they hate voting. They can do whatever they want after their boss leaves because they are appointed for life. Trust and believe they will rule in favor of Bible over law, White over minorities, heteros over everyone else.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:17 am

NIKV69 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

The point isn’t actually where SCOTUS is on the spectrum - it’s that the Trump personality cult is supporting, and in some parts cheering for autocracy. That puts us in a pretty dark place.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:25 am

How come nobody is defending Trump on this board? Could it be possibly than his fan club, no longer exists on this board?

cskok8

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:13 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
How come nobody is defending Trump on this board? Could it be possibly than his fan club, no longer exists on this board?

How much does he pay?

Drafran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:18 am

seb146 wrote:
Another attempt at a coup. If at first you don't succeed, try making the perfect phone call. Why are we not trying him for treason?

Because Republicans in the House and Senate want to be reelected. Trump's knuckle dragging Neanderthal mouth breathers (aka the toilet scum that voted for him) would never vote for them again if he were.

DL717

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:52 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:

Because we don’t give a rip. Everyone knows he’s an a-hole, but when you have a choice between him and Hillary or Joe, the choice is easy. That said, he lost the election. Moving on. He wants to be an a-hole, who cares.

You see, we don’t sit around crying about things for 4 years. I know it’s difficult to comprehend, but that’s the way it is.

Besides, his groveling is no worse than the groveling that took place in the court rooms by liberals before the election to extend voting periods and bend the rules on what does and doesn’t get counted.

You all need to get past your drama. It’s old and tired.

luckyone

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:37 am

DL717 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

Because we don’t give a rip. Everyone knows he’s an a-hole, but when you have a choice between him and Hillary or Joe, the choice is easy. That said, he lost the election. Moving on. He wants to be an a-hole, who cares.

You see, we don’t sit around crying about things for 4 years. I know it’s difficult to comprehend, but that’s the way it is.

Besides, his groveling is no worse than the groveling that took place in the court rooms by liberals before the election to extend voting periods and bend the rules on what does and doesn’t get counted.

It’s really hard to take this post seriously when most recently as today President Trump insists he won.

DL717

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:48 am

luckyone wrote:
DL717 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

It’s really hard to take this post seriously when most recently as today President Trump insists he won.

It’s been impossible to take the left seriously the last four years. One temper tantrum after another and people on the left are still having meltdowns over everything Trump. Get over it already. It seems it’s the left and Trump are the only people who don’t know the election is over.

luckyone

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:03 am

DL717 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Besides, his groveling is no worse than the groveling that took place in the court rooms by liberals before the election to extend voting periods and bend the rules on what does and doesn’t get counted. Nice try though. Want a Malomar?

It’s been impossible to take the left seriously the last four years. One temper tantrum after another and people on the left are still having meltdowns over everything Trump. Get over it already. It seems it’s the left and Trump are the only people who don’t know the election is over.

That’s rich. The “left” has been the one having to insist to Trump and his mindless minions (sorry, you’re clearly not paying attention) that the election is, indeed, over. Nice try. Want a Malomar?

DL717

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:25 am

luckyone wrote:
DL717 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

That’s rich. The “left” has been the one having to insist to Trump and his mindless minions (sorry, you’re clearly not paying attention) that the election is, indeed, over. Nice try. Want a Malomar?

Yet here people are with another meltdown thread over Trump. Send the whole box. I need a snack while I watch.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:46 am

DL717 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Yet here people are with another meltdown thread over Trump. Send the whole box. I need a snack while I watch.

Because his behavior is unprecedented in Presidential history, not to mention giving millions of cult fans dangerous delusions of hope and entitlement that are further dividing the country.

Real patriots care when the republic is under threat.

petertenthije

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:03 am

DL717 wrote:
It’s been impossible to take the left seriously the last four years. One temper tantrum after another and people on the left are still having meltdowns over everything Trump. Get over it already.

Yeah, totally unlike the 8 year temper tantrum during the Obama years.

At least the democrats’s tantrum is based on verifiably vile behaviour. What did Obama do that was so bad? Wear tan suits, use fancy mustard and salute with a cup of Starbucks...?

And people on the right are still having meltdowns over everything Obama. Get over it already.

scbriml

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:39 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:

Well, we have a member in this very thread who just admitted to buying Trump paraphernalia. :shock:

DL717 wrote:
Because we don’t give a rip.

Who's we?

It's clear from various websites that there is a very significant number of people who give a huge rip.

DL717 wrote:
One temper tantrum after another and people on the left are still having meltdowns over everything Trump. Get over it already. It seems it’s the left and Trump are the only people who don’t know the election is over.

And no Trumpers are still banging on about Obama and Hillary and Benghazi? :rotfl:

petertenthije wrote:
Get over it already.

Many of them simply can't.

NIKV69

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:47 am

seb146 wrote:

The three MAGA judges have to look tolerant for now. They hate women's health care issues, they hate LGBTQ equality, they hate voting. They can do whatever they want after their boss leaves because they are appointed for life. Trust and believe they will rule in favor of Bible over law, White over minorities, heteros over everyone else.

This is more misinformation and gaslighting. I mean IIRC they voted against Trump on the election stuff so to say they hate voting is just a lie as is most of this rant.

Aaron747 wrote:
The point isn’t actually where SCOTUS is on the spectrum - it’s that the Trump personality cult is supporting, and in some parts cheering for autocracy. That puts us in a pretty dark place.

Of course it was go back and read it. Also nobody is cheering for autocracy that is just more gaslighting.

scbriml wrote:
Well, we have a member in this very thread who just admitted to buying Trump paraphernalia. :shock:

Trump International is a great hotel and I get to stay there for a fraction of the cost so of course I hit the gift shop. Usually a shirt for me and hat for friends who love him. Will cut that back I mean the prices are insane now.