Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Sokes
Topic Author

Women with hairy armpits

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:50 am

In 1998 feminist songwriter Paula Cole got a Grammy for her song "Where have all the cowboys gone"
To quote:"I will make the dishes while you go have a beer. "

While performing this song people could see that she didn't shave her armpits which led to discussions.
What do you think about such an appearance at such an important function?

NIKV69

Re: Women with hairy armpits

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:51 am

I think I may speak for many here in that I prefer a woman that shaves.

TSS

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:29 pm

In general I couldn't care less what part of herself a woman chooses to shave, but I definitely don't like how women shaving the perfectly natural hair off their bodies has bled over into guys thinking it's a good idea to shave the hair off their own bodies as well. Nope. No no no. Nuh-uh.

Dude
You're a dude
Dudes are hairy
Be a dude

Furthermore, the fascination with completely shaved or waxed crotches and the insistence on same in partners of either gender smacks of pedophilia. If you are horrified or even just turned off by the thought of having sex with someone who has pubic hair the way normal human adults do, you really need to have a long talk with yourself about why you feel the way you do.

Tugger

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:34 pm

It is all personal and cultural preference. It does not affect the person or the greater public in any real way. The unreal social media though may think differently and the person may hear about it. Other than that, it is not a big deal.

Tugg

Aaron747

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:53 pm

TSS wrote:
In general I couldn't care less what part of herself a woman chooses to shave, but I definitely don't like how women shaving the perfectly natural hair off their bodies has bled over into guys thinking it's a good idea to shave the hair off their own bodies as well. Nope. No no no. Nuh-uh.

Dude
You're a dude
Dudes are hairy
Be a dude

Furthermore, the fascination with completely shaved or waxed crotches and the insistence on same in partners of either gender smacks of pedophilia. If you are horrified or even just turned off by the thought of having sex with someone who has pubic hair the way normal human adults do, you really need to have a long talk with yourself about why you feel the way you do.

This sort of thing is totally cultural in influence to a large extent. For example, due to the ‘clean’ image of boyband stars in Korea and Japan (what we would consider feminine), young women there find waxed men without body hair very attractive and often consider men with hair to be smelly or dirty.

wingman

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:54 pm

I just started watching Berlin Babylon on Netflix which takes place in the late 1920s and the dancing girls all have hair under their armpits. I thought it was kind of sexy to be honest. It brings a whole new body part into play if one uses their imagination. Then again the girls were all naked so I might've just been confused.

Excellent show by the way.

af773atmsp

Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:12 pm

Their body so their choice, no matter who they are and what their gender is. Simple as that.

Kent350787

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm

How and why is those BENs discussion point 23 years later.

Their body their choice (and I totally agree that Babylon Berlin is fantastic, and best in German with subtitles)

johns624

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:15 pm

TSS wrote:

Dude
You're a dude
Dudes are hairy
Be a dude

+1. It seems like it's mainly the younger generations who are offended by hair on womens' bodies. Most of us boomers don't care.

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:36 am

TSS wrote:

Dude
You're a dude
Dudes are hairy
Be a dude

Hmmmm... No. As with anything, there are a lot of asteriks on that. Namely, uneven or scraggly growth patterns. I have seen plenty of instances where it looks as though a man has chosen to shave random patches of facial hair while leaving others to grow long. Sadly, I am seeing more and more this look adopted in on-camera appearances. I am not sure what the Q-value incentives are supposed to be there, but I am nearly always reminded of that one house in the neighborhood that never mows the lawn and allows all sorts of bugs to fly about the place.

If the pattern repeats itself elsewhere on a body, it is best to have done with it and just shave/wax, etc...

TSS wrote:

I have heard that theory recently and it strikes me as something that only occurs to one if they are already thinking of pedophilia a lot. Personally, I would have never made the connection anymore than say, if I saw a guy or lesbian with a buzz cut hair-do. It is just a look. I think if anything, organized and clean is the association. Like the difference between Demi Moore & Janis Joplin.

wingman wrote:
and the dancing girls all have hair under their armpits. I thought it was kind of sexy to be honest. It brings a whole new body part into play if one uses their imagination. Then again the girls were all naked so I might've just been confused.

My lady friend grew hers out and even dyed it to match her head hair for an occasion a few years back. She has since reverted to a more standard configuration. But I have to admit to a certain exoticism appeal.

johns624

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:50 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Shaving or trimming it keeps hygiene in check.
Cutting/shaving body hair and personal hygiene are two different subjects.

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:13 am

johns624 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Not when it's related to pubic hair.

TSS

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:18 am

johns624 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Agreed, but so many millennials seem to equate any hair that isn't growing from the top of their head, even clean, freshly washed hair, with dirt and filth. When I hear millennials say that, being the kind, considerate person that I am, I always take that opportunity to pull them close and whisper in a conspiratorial manner "I hate to break this to you but the hair on your head is made of hair, too".

Aaron747

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:29 am

TSS wrote:
johns624 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Agreed, but so many millennials seem to equate any hair that isn't growing from the top of their head, even clean, freshly washed hair, with dirt and filth. When I hear millennials say that, being the kind, considerate person that I am, I always take that opportunity to pull them close and whisper in a conspiratorial manner "I hate to break this to you but the hair on your head is made of hair, too".

Bit of a broad brush there...that’s also the generation going bigtime into manbuns and bushy beards.

Max Q

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:53 am

Unshaven legs and armpits are unattractive on women but so is the lack of pubic hair

Shaving that region is unnatural, preserving it, albeit trimmed looks very attractive and feminine to me

Guys shaving other than their face is incomprehensible to me

Kent350787

Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:33 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
johns624 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Are you a woman or do you know any intimately?

TSS

Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:42 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
TSS wrote:

Dude
You're a dude
Dudes are hairy
Be a dude

Hmmmm... No. As with anything, there are a lot of asteriks on that. Namely, uneven or scraggly growth patterns. I have seen plenty of instances where it looks as though a man has chosen to shave random patches of facial hair while leaving others to grow long. Sadly, I am seeing more and more this look adopted in on-camera appearances. I am not sure what the Q-value incentives are supposed to be there, but I am nearly always reminded of that one house in the neighborhood that never mows the lawn and allows all sorts of bugs to fly about the place.

If the pattern repeats itself elsewhere on a body, it is best to have done with it and just shave/wax, etc...

I agree with you about the facial hair, but I find that unusual body hair patterns make for fun and interesting exploration and discovery early on in relationships. To each his own.

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
TSS wrote:

I have heard that theory recently and it strikes me as something that only occurs to one if they are already thinking of pedophilia a lot. Personally, I would have never made the connection anymore than say, if I saw a guy or lesbian with a buzz cut hair-do. It is just a look. I think if anything, organized and clean is the association. Like the difference between Demi Moore & Janis Joplin.

It took me probably longer than it should have to understand your analogy about a "buzz cut" hairdo. When I said "completely shaved or waxed" I meant exactly that- Fully denuded with no trace of hair left, i.e. having the (artificial) appearance of one who has not yet gone through puberty, not merely trimmed very short as one would be with a buzz cut.

Aaron747 wrote:
TSS wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Bit of a broad brush there...that’s also the generation going bigtime into manbuns and bushy beards.

I did say "so many", not "all", plus I have met one guy who had the huge bushy hipster beard yet kept kept his crotch shaved and was visibly disgusted at the thought of letting his pubes grow back in. Go figure.

johns624

Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:04 am

Kent350787 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:
johns624 wrote:

It doesn't sound like he knows any. It also sounds like biology wasn't his strongest subject.

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:24 am

TSS wrote:

I agree with you about the facial hair, but I find that unusual body hair patterns make for fun and interesting exploration and discovery early on in relationships. To each his own.

Very likely a matter of personal opinion, indeed.

TSS wrote:

I did say "so many", not "all", plus I have met one guy who had the huge bushy hipster beard yet kept kept his crotch shaved and was visibly disgusted at the thought of letting his pubes grow back in. Go figure.

Sometimes when you want to make the city skyline look taller, you have to clear out the forest first.

TSS

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:04 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

johns624 wrote:

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Kent350787 wrote:

johns624 wrote:
It doesn't sound like he knows any. It also sounds like biology wasn't his strongest subject.

Now now, perhaps "Galloping Dandruff" is still a common affliction where Disk is from. Apparently ancient Egyptians kept themselves shaved for that reason.

M564038

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:39 am

Indeed.
Pubic hair and hygiene is closely linked.
People that shave, especially clean shave have more hygiene challenges, more infections and more skin problems than just keeping it kept, normal and natural.

So from a health standpoint, keeping at least some is better.
(uncut penises by the way, should that discussion ever arise: the same. There are much less problems and hygiene challenges with uncut penises, just keep scissors, knives and general shaving tools away from that area of the body)

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
johns624 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Jalap

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Sokes wrote:
While performing this song people could see that she didn't shave her armpits which led to discussions.

I have more problems with people voicing strong opinions about this than with people being shaved or not, no matter what the gender.
It's a personal matter, people should do whatever makes them feel best and people who judge this have more of a problem than people who decide to shave or not to shave.
Same for attraction, people can be attracted to whatever they like, hair-wise. Nobody has the right to judge.

Diversity is fun :)

Aesma

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:27 pm

When I started to be interested in naked women shaved armpits were already the norm so I'm used to that and can't say I like hair there. I have hair there myself so I don't associate it with being unclean though, it's just not attractive to me, same with hairy legs on a woman.

I have a big beard and thinking of going the full ZZ Top style so needless to say I don't shave any hair.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:47 pm

When vacationing in the summer in Colorado in the 1960's, a Canadian couple was camping near us. I was shocked, as this was the first time I ever saw a woman with hair under her arms... more hair than my father had under his arms.

Just curious, what did ancient cultures do about underarm hair, the Greeks, the Romans, etc. ??

Sokes
Topic Author

Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Somewhere in the OP there is a joke. Anybody can find it?

TSS

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Just curious, what did ancient cultures do about underarm hair, the Greeks, the Romans, etc. ??

Interesting question! Classical statuary tends not to have any hair below the neck even though Romans and especially Greeks are, as a rule, fairly hairy folk, so my guess is that they either shaved back then OR, since hair is much harder to sculpt than smooth skin, sculptors rendered smooth products and told their clients the hairless image was "idealized". If the sculptor also shaved off a pound or two here or there and subtly enhanced one or more other features while he was at it, I'm sure the client wouldn't have offered a word of objection.

seb146

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Shaving, not shaving, waxing, not waxing.... all personal preference. I did notice that Paula Cole had hairy armpits the first time I saw that video. After that, so what? When I was in college the first time, one of my classes was with a woman born and raised in Germany. She married an American service man and they came to the States. We had this conversation. She said she never shaved her legs and did not understand why American women do but, she added that she always shaves her armpits because "I am not Italian!"

Kno

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:22 pm

I was socialized to find shaved most attractive - I fell in love with a feminist who had no interest in subscribing to social norms about what society thought she should do with her body as a woman or how she should behave as a woman. I had tremendous respect for her, as one of the smartest, most unique people I had ever met and I learned a lot from her. I learned to appreciate her just the same regardless of how she kept her body hair - she was a real head turner and a rare beauty, by any standard, and she resented the attention her appearance got her and felt the vast majority of people treated her based on her appearance, rather than her intellect or character.

This is a relatable experience for all of us to an extent, but as men I think even the most empathetic of us would have a hard time walking in those shoes.

Kno

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:38 pm

I was socialized to find shaved most attractive - I fell in love with a feminist who had no interest in subscribing to social norms about what society thought she should do with her body as a woman or how she should behave as a woman. I had tremendous respect for her, as one of the smartest, most unique people I had ever met and I learned a lot from her. I learned to appreciate her just the same regardless of how she kept her body hair - she was a real head turner and a rare beauty, by any standard, and she resented the attention her appearance got her and felt the vast majority of people treated her based on her appearance, rather than her intellect or character.

This is a relatable experience for all of us to an extent, but as men I think even the most empathetic of us would have a hard time walking in those shoes.

Sokes wrote:
In 1998 feminist songwriter Paula Cole got a Grammy for her song "Where have all the cowboys gone"

On another note THANK YOU. THANK YOU for mentioning this Paula Cole song. I had been looking for this song for literally the past 4 months and the tune has been stuck in my head. All I could remember was the tune, not the lyrics, nothing but the tune and the fact that it was a 90s hit sung by a female. I searched the entire discographies of 10,000 Maniacs, The Indigo Girls, Natalie Merchant, etc.

seb146

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Kno wrote:

Sokes wrote:

On another note THANK YOU. THANK YOU for mentioning this Paula Cole song. I had been looking for this song for literally the past 4 months and the tune has been stuck in my head. All I could remember was the tune, not the lyrics, nothing but the tune and the fact that it was a 90s hit sung by a female. I searched the entire discographies of 10,000 Maniacs, The Indigo Girls, Natalie Merchant, etc.

She also sang the theme to Dawson's Creek called "I Don't Wanna Wait" and had a beautiful song called "I Believe In Love".

Max Q

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm

M564038 wrote:
Indeed.
People that shave, especially clean shave have more hygiene challenges, more infections and more skin problems than just keeping it kept, normal and natural.

(uncut penises by the way, should that discussion ever arise: the same. There are much less problems and hygiene challenges with uncut penises, just keep scissors, knives and general shaving tools away from that area of the body)

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Agree with you partially,

There’s a common, incorrect perception that shaving pubic hair is more ‘hygienic’ in fact it makes you more vulnerable to STD’s as you can’t avoid nicks and small cuts which provide a clear path to infection

On the other hand I disagree that an uncircumcised penis is less hygienic, that makes no sense and I’ve not seen anything to affirm that opinion, in fact the area under the skin of an ‘uncut’ penis is more likely to develop bacteria as its closed in most of the time, you must be scrupulous in keeping that area cleaned

A circumcised penis otoh has no ‘hidden folds’ that can harbor bacteria, keeping it clean is simplicity itself

In a study of HIV spread in Africa the percentage of men becoming infected that were circumcised vs not was significantly lower

M564038

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 pm

I think you should go research that closer Max Q, and by that I mean real scientific, medical ones and preferably neutral ones, that means not american and/or sponsored by religious foundations.
The foreskin is pretty much functioning like other self-cleaning, bacterially balanced parts on the body such as the vagina. It even stays closed the first years of a boys life, sealed.
In america, normal practice has been to forcefully breach this seal, and that can indeed be unhygenic.

Max Q wrote:
M564038 wrote:
Indeed.

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Agree with you partially,

There’s a common, incorrect perception that shaving pubic hair is more ‘hygienic’ in fact it makes you more vulnerable to STD’s as you can’t avoid nicks and small cuts which provide a clear path to infection

On the other hand I disagree that an uncircumcised penis is less hygienic, that makes no sense and I’ve not seen anything to affirm that opinion, in fact the area under the skin of an ‘uncut’ penis is more likely to develop bacteria as its closed in most of the time, you must be scrupulous in keeping that area cleaned

A circumcised penis otoh has no ‘hidden folds’ that can harbor bacteria, keeping it clean is simplicity itself

In a study of HIV spread in Africa the percentage of men becoming infected that were circumcised vs not was significantly lower

zippyjet

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:15 am

Its the young ladies choice. If she wants to have pit hair fine with me but, there better be no stink odor in my sphere of breathing. Its a pain in the ass enough having to wear these masks cause of Covid. It inhibits breathing. Couple that with pit stink and its just plain intolerable. I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the hippie boho era. There were some smoking hot hippie chicks but alas they had literal goat beards sprouting from their underarms. Enough so much they could macramé it and create macramé baskets out of their hairsuteness. Zippyjet says, if you want to sprout goatees from your underarms you better monitor the stink factor. Regarding down yonder, I'm a landing strip guy. A full forest is ok but, could prove odoriferous. The saved skinless cookie I could take or leave it but in some cases its pedo creepy. Women who don't shave their legs? I actually like a little stubble especially if she's a honey blonde. Real wooly bear hair on the legs no thank you.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:49 am

Don’t really care what a lady does as long as it’s what they want to do. My wife, mid 30s, will shave her legs and arm pits during summer bathing suit season. The rest of the year let’s it pretty much go. Pretty much let’s the other region go natural. She’s just a low maintenance type of gal, never wears make up or anything. All good by me.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:03 am

af773atmsp wrote:
Their body so their choice, no matter who they are and what their gender is. Simple as that.

Yup. The start, midpoint, and end of the discussion on body hair. Only time you should question it when it comes to health. Outside of that it's their choice.

Sokes
Topic Author

Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 am

A feminist woman gets irritated over women who don't want to leave old role models. She writes an ironic song and gets a reward. But instead of discussing role models society prefers to discuss her unshaved armpits.

Body hair is part of sexual fantasy and worth discussing on its own. But in this context?
Am I the only one who thinks this is funny?

Sokes
Topic Author

Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 am

zippyjet wrote:
... I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the hippie boho era. There were some smoking hot hippie chicks but alas they had literal goat beards sprouting from their underarms.
Women who don't shave their legs? I actually like a little stubble especially if she's a honey blonde. Real wooly bear hair on the legs no thank you.

I was hoping my OP would bring more such sarcastic posts.
You caught the spirit. Or were you serious?

TSS

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:47 am

Sokes wrote:
A feminist woman gets irritated over women who don't want to leave old role models. She writes an ironic song and gets a reward. But instead of discussing role models society prefers to discuss her unshaved armpits.

Ehhh... I vaguely remember hearing Paula Cole on the radio way back when but I don't remember her armpit hair being noteworthy one way or the other at the time. Much more noteworthy and certainly more discussed twenty years before then in 1978 was Patti Smith's underarm hair that graced an album cover-

Now that caused quite a stir at the time even though she barely had any hair to show, so much so that she was parodied scathingly in a skit on Saturday Night Live (back when it was actually funny!) as "Candi Slice"-

Rock Against Yeast - SNL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9VGQDNMJA

So yeah... Paula Cole wasn't exactly breaking any new ground by letting her pit hair grow out.

Aesma

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:49 am

I'm looking into this and from what we know shaving hair was common in Ancient Egypt and Rome, so statues without hair (even down there for women) are accurate.

Apparently this ad in Harper's Bazaar in the early 20th century launched the modern fashion of shaving under the arms :

Until then women hid this body part anyway. Legs were still hidden so these didn't start to be shaven until WW2.

To me this aspect of things in primordial : is it shown or is it hidden ? Plenty of women didn't/don't shave, but they're usually not showing the hair either. Just like "trimming" down there is done for the summer bikini and not necessarily year round.

TSS

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm looking into this and from what we know shaving hair was common in Ancient Egypt and Rome, so statues without hair (even down there for women) are accurate.

I knew the Egyptians shaved everything because lice were a big problem there during the classical period. I wasn't sure about Rome and/or Greece.

Aesma wrote:
To me this aspect of things in primordial : is it shown or is it hidden ? Plenty of women didn't/don't shave, but they're usually not showing the hair either. Just like "trimming" down there is done for the summer bikini and not necessarily year round.

In the 50th (maybe) Anniversary issue of Playboy magazine, there were a couple of pages showing small single pics of every Playmate of the Month in order from day 1, and lined up in sequence like that you could literally see women's pubic hair go lower and lower over the years like a receding tide, no doubt staying just ahead of the waistlines of bikini bottoms, then in the 1980s when model Susan Anton popularized the high & narrow bikini women's pubic hair started receding in towards the center from the sides.

Max Q

Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 pm

Are there men that shave their armpit hair ?

T18

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:36 pm

Max Q wrote:

I'm sure there are, can't seem to recall every seeing much hair on those body builder strongest man types.

Personally as a dude that does not have much thick body hair, I find the few places on my torso that do have some to look bad, for example some just scraggly hair I get on my shoulders, I'll trim that from time to time as it just doesn't look good to me. There are great reasons to remove/trim certain areas for example if you get frequent massages to the legs, removing that hair is a very practical move to reduce it being pulled out (This is why most cyclists and some other athletes tend to shave legs). That said, I would love to never need to shave my face again, I dislike the look and feel or facial hair but that's just my preference. As for on women, as far as I'm concerned if you keep everything looking cleaned up looked after that's all I'd ask (IE if you shave one side do the other asymmetry will drive me nuts like just why folks).

What is seems as socially attractive has changed and will continue to change but, at the end of the day everyone like what they like and is comfortable with what they are comfortable with, we shouldn't let society pressure anyone into making changes to their bodily appearance just because society finds that more attractive.

zippyjet

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Sokes wrote:
zippyjet wrote:
... I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the hippie boho era. There were some smoking hot hippie chicks but alas they had literal goat beards sprouting from their underarms.
Women who don't shave their legs? I actually like a little stubble especially if she's a honey blonde. Real wooly bear hair on the legs no thank you.

I was hoping my OP would bring more such sarcastic posts.
You caught the spirit. Or were you serious?

Both, I've caught the spirit and am 100% sincere. Talkin bout the ladies is one of my favorite avocations. And, as I get older the women get hotter and fitter!. Again, not to date myself but during my younger years, abondaza bush hairsuteness was all the rage, the in thing. Hey, it was the era of leisure suits, white shoes and disco! Indirectly related to this thread...there's an hysterical novel by writer Carl Hiaasen. His books take place in Florida and are right up my ally. Rip Roaring funny and some un PC material.

seb146

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:54 am

T18 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

I'm sure there are, can't seem to recall every seeing much hair on those body builder strongest man types.

I think they shave to accentuate their muscles. I think they have to show clear definition of their abs and triceps and delts and quads. If you look at the videos, they are all completely shaved or waxed. Come to think of it, WWE performers are too. I don't know if that is because it is what society expects or what?

Sokes
Topic Author

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:07 pm

zippyjet wrote:

...there's an hysterical novel by writer Carl Hiaasen. His books take place in Florida and are right up my ally. Rip Roaring funny and some un PC material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Hiaasen
Sounds interesting. As I'm not American I never heard his name. Thanks for sharing.

TSS

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 am

seb146 wrote:
T18 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

I think they shave to accentuate their muscles. I think they have to show clear definition of their abs and triceps and delts and quads. If you look at the videos, they are all completely shaved or waxed. Come to think of it, WWE performers are too. I don't know if that is because it is what society expects or what?

The bodybuilders definitely do shave to show off their muscle definition. As for WWE performers, I'd guess they shave so that they don't inadvertently yank out patches of body hair as they toss each other around the ring, but greasing up to show off their muscles like bodybuilders do might play a part as well.

Many many years ago I hung out in a bar frequented by quite a few local Pro Wrestlers. These guys were "Pro" in that they did get paid to wrestle, but strictly minor league local stuff. Some of them shaved their bodies, but at least an equal number didn't.

Another icon of femininity with hairy armpits from the 1990s:

Vera de Milo In Living Color https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG8mj9LDtAo

Toenga

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:04 am

FFS.
If this is an even an issue in our current world we are seriously in trouble. If anybody chooses, or not to activate a razor on any part or their own, or any thing else on any part their body, is surely the most sacred decision that should be left to them and them alone.

readytotaxi

Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Personal choice, I like ladies with no hair from the top lip down. :bouncy:

seb146

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Toenga wrote:
FFS.
If this is an even an issue in our current world we are seriously in trouble. If anybody chooses, or not to activate a razor on any part or their own, or any thing else on any part their body, is surely the most sacred decision that should be left to them and them alone.

I actually think it is a pleasant distraction from all the other stuff going on right now.

TWA772LR

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:08 pm

I swam in high school so before my district swim meet, I'd shave everything below my nose, then touch up before regionals. Since 2011, a razor hasn't touched my torso, legs, or pits.