Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: Pro-Trump Riot in US Capital Building

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm

None of these people can ever again say that BLM is violent. Smashing windows and spray painting is nothing compared to these MAGA supporters. Red flags up all over the place this would happen and all we heard was "but... but... but..." We told you so. LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!

petertenthije

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:58 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
CBS is reporting that airline crews are being told to return to airport terminal from downtown hotels, for what ever reason.

DC is going on a curfew. The airlines are probably worried they can’t staff their planes with crew stuck at hotels.

alfa164

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 pm

seb146 wrote:
None of these people can ever again say that BLM is violent. Smashing windows and spray painting is nothing compared to these MAGA supporters. Red flags up all over the place this would happen and all we heard was "but... but... but..." We told you so. LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!

It is insurrection. Nothing less.

Max Q

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm

This was predictable and a disgrace, chump is directly responsible, he has even more blood on his little hands

He should be arrested immediately and removed from office, he is a direct threat to the safety of our country

Tugger

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm

Trump is a poor president.
(Have I said this before?)

Pathetic, whiny, loser.

Tugg

NIKV69

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm

alfa164 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I watched this on CNN and was dismayed that Jake Tapper kept reciting the term "armed insurrection" constantly did not see any body excluding law enforcement that was armed. If I am wrong please correct me with a source. To call it an insurrection at this point I think is a little sensational. I am getting the impression the person shot was one of the people who breached the capital and was shot by police in the chaos early on. I will reserve judgement till we know for sure.

Klaus

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 pm

It's not as if Trump or the republicans supporting him were ever shy about where this would go if democracy shouldn't suit them any more.

readytotaxi

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:10 pm

casinterest wrote:
Curfew at 6:00 . Police are assembling. Time for the protestors to leave.

Good idea, pause and reset.

Tugger

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:11 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I watched this on CNN and was dismayed that Jake Tapper kept reciting the term "armed insurrection" constantly did not see any body excluding law enforcement that was armed. If I am wrong please correct me with a source. To call it an insurrection at this point I think is a little sensational. I am getting the impression the person shot was one of the people who breached the capital and was shot by police in the chaos early on. I will reserve judgement till we know for sure.

I am constantly surprised by your need to equivocate these dumb actions. I assume you did the same for the BLM protests.

Tugg

jetwet1

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:12 pm

I have to wonder how these animals will feel when the FBI starts kicking in their doors. Fine people who will find out that the Feds don't play like their local cops.

cpd

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:14 pm

casinterest wrote:

Too soft. China would just run over them with tanks.

readytotaxi

Tugger wrote:
Trump is a poor president.
(Have I said this before?)

Pathetic, whiny, loser.

Tugg

How badly this plays out around the world, the American image is damaged forever.

petertenthije

NIKV69 wrote:
I will reserve judgement till we know for sure.

It’s not like you to show restraint in the face of rioters damaging property and injuring law enforcement officers. What happened to you?

TangoandCash

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:16 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
CBS is reporting that airline crews are being told to return to airport terminal from downtown hotels, for what ever reason.

Probably getting them to the airport while they still can, before the curfew. If I were there, I'd be getting to the airport and on the next flight anywhere else ASAP.

flipdewaf

Pro-Trump Riot in US Capital Building

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by flipdewaf on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm

TangoandCash wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Probably getting them to the airport while they still can, before the curfew. If I were there, I'd be getting to the airport and on the next flight anywhere else ASAP.

Likely unnecessary as once the National Guard has a reasonable presence, they will push out or roll over this band of merry goons and they will meet their fate. It's just a matter of doing it as safely and quickly as possible.

Klaus

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Trump's mission was to destroy any shred of Obama's legacy and it seems he's indeed hell-bent on leaving nothing but scorched earth.

America "great" enough, yet?

cpd

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pm

luckyone wrote:
TangoandCash wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Likely unnecessary as once the National Guard has a reasonable presence, they will push out or roll over this band of merry goons and they will meet their fate. It's just a matter of doing it as safely and quickly as possible.

Doesn't matter about safely, just restore order whatever it takes and however it needs to be done.

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:23 pm

cpd wrote:
luckyone wrote:
TangoandCash wrote:

Doesn't matter about safely, just restore order whatever it takes and however it needs to be done.

Well by safely I mean the fact that there at one point were still a lot of innocent people in there (and I don't mean any of the "protestors.")

Pi7472000

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 pm

We are a failed state under Republicans!!! This will hurt our reputation and economy.

Klaus

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Pi7472000 wrote:
We are a failed state under Republicans!!! This will hurt our reputation and economy.

Fortunately Trump has now succeeded in handing complete defeat to the republican party nationally, plus a level of disgrace that doesn't have many parallels, if any.

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:29 pm

DL717 wrote:

Because we don’t give a rip. Everyone knows he’s an a-hole, but when you have a choice between him and Hillary or Joe, the choice is easy. That said, he lost the election. Moving on. He wants to be an a-hole, who cares.

You see, we don’t sit around crying about things for 4 years. I know it’s difficult to comprehend, but that’s the way it is.

Besides, his groveling is no worse than the groveling that took place in the court rooms by liberals before the election to extend voting periods and bend the rules on what does and doesn’t get counted.

You all need to get past your drama. It’s old and tired.

Quoted from another thread.
Care to comment, sir?

art

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:30 pm

cpd wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Too soft. China would just run over them with tanks.

Luckily that won't happen since you live in a democracy. Or did - not so clear now.

cpd

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:33 pm

luckyone wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Because we don’t give a rip. Everyone knows he’s an a-hole, but when you have a choice between him and Hillary or Joe, the choice is easy. That said, he lost the election. Moving on. He wants to be an a-hole, who cares.

You see, we don’t sit around crying about things for 4 years. I know it’s difficult to comprehend, but that’s the way it is.

Besides, his groveling is no worse than the groveling that took place in the court rooms by liberals before the election to extend voting periods and bend the rules on what does and doesn’t get counted.

You all need to get past your drama. It’s old and tired.

Quoted from another thread.
Care to comment, sir?

No, he's right, they don't sit around crying for 4 years, they just invade the capital and storm the government buildings. This will forever hang around the necks of Republican party and all of the supporters of that party.

art wrote:
Luckily that won't happen since you live in a democracy. Or did - not so clear now.

They changed things up, so law enforcement might as well respond likewise.
Last edited by cpd on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
None of these people can ever again say that BLM is violent. Smashing windows and spray painting is nothing compared to these MAGA supporters.

I didn't see any looting or violence against persons going on in DC today, so I'm not sure BLM/Antifa compares favorable. You don't need a comparison anyway to conclude extremists on both sides are thugs.

ArcticSEA

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:35 pm

Sedition laws need to be invoked immediately. The punishment is death.

bennett123

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Did they certify the EC votes.

If the votes cannot be certified, what happens next.

na

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:41 pm

Madness. Unprecedented in US history. The last office days of the biggest liar in US history ends in disgrace and scenes as if it were to happen in a banana republic.
I have not much hope for it, but I'd like to see not only these morons who stormed the Congress in prison, but also their boss.

Tugger

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:41 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Not yet, but because of commander douchebag and his bagettes moronism it was going to take a couple days anyway. All the bagettes making their objections and commander douchebag spouting off on twitter.

It'll happen by Thursday, as expected (expected only due to the douche and the bagettes).

Tugg

Klaus

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:43 pm

bennett123 wrote:

As far as I'm aware republican members have succeeded in delaying certification until their mob could invade the Capitol.

Unfortunately for them, however, their mob couldn't gain hold of the votes, so certification will proceed once order is restored:
https://twitter.com/SenJeffMerkley/stat ... rump-biden

Although even if the mob had burned the votes the states would certainly have provided certified copies quickly and the result would have been the same even then.

This is just an attempted coup, very much as in any "s***hole country" in the third world: The true meaning of "MAGA"!
Last edited by Klaus on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M564038

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:43 pm

They started. Clowns interrupted for a while. Later they continue. The End.
bennett123 wrote:

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:46 pm

M564038 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

12 votes had been certified. They were Alabama and Alaska, I believe. All for the current President.

RyanairGuru

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:47 pm

lugie wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This is extremely unfortunate and this should be condemned. Trump should act against this and be forceful, just heard the WH has ordered national guard, so they are acting, albeit a bit late.

In my opinion, some criminal/terrorist elements have conveniently taken advantage of this to cause the mayhem at the capitol today. Saw the video of the lady being shot, she seemed to be along with the Trump supporters. So its pretty confusing what happened there, hopefully no one else gets hurt. Its freaking disappointing to say the least.

The law should be forced upon those who have caused violence. No matter who they are.

Isn't it the Virginia National guard that has been sent and not the DC national guard?

Virginia and Maryland deployed their National Guards before DC did but supposedly now the White House has given in and allowed the deployment of the DC National Guard

NYT is now reporting that VP Pence, not Trump, approved the order to deploy the National Guard.

I’m dubious about that from a constitutional perspective, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Pence organised everything and then told Trump to sign or they would consider the 25th. It is notable that Acting Dep Sec doesn’t appear to have spoken to the Pres this afternoon.
Last edited by RyanairGuru on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zkojq

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Law Enforcement is showing an incredible amount of restraint.....especially compared to when BLM protesters stand arm to arm blocking a road singing Kumbaya.

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:49 pm

zkojq wrote:
Law Enforcement is showing an incredible amount of restraint.....especially compared to when BLM protesters stand arm to arm blocking a road singing Kumbaya.

A bullet is too good for these dregs. In my angriest moment, I hope they are assigned well-endowed cellmates who aren't fond of personal lubricant.

RyanairGuru

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 pm

Jetty wrote:
seb146 wrote:
None of these people can ever again say that BLM is violent. Smashing windows and spray painting is nothing compared to these MAGA supporters.

I didn't see any looting or violence against persons going on in DC today, so I'm not sure BLM/Antifa compares favorable. You don't need a comparison anyway to conclude extremists on both sides are thugs.

There are video images of protesters getting into a punch up with riot police outside the Capitol. DC Police Chief said that the rioters attacked police officers with “chemical irritants”. That is violence.

Some smart ass waltzed out with the Speaker’s podium. That is looting. Or theft, take your pick.

Let’s not pretend that this is a noble civil protest, some sort of sit-in, but no doubt the right wing media will be spinning that line, especially once the late night hosts go on air.
Last edited by RyanairGuru on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TangoandCash

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 pm

bennett123 wrote:

The vote counting session was recessed, so no, not all of the EC votes have not been certified yet. The session will resume at some point when order has been restored. It may be a while before the Secret Service allows VP Pence out of his "secure location", and as president of the Senate, he's necessary for the process to continue.

Since the certification process is spelled out in the 12th Amendment to the Constitution, I assume it has to be completed before Biden can be officially inaugurated. But I'm not a constitutional law scholar or attorney, so that's my educated guess at this point.
Last edited by TangoandCash on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tugger

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:53 pm

luckyone wrote:
zkojq wrote:

A bullet is too good for these dregs. In my angriest moment, I hope they are assigned well-endowed cellmates who aren't fond of personal lubricant.

https://gfycat.com/discover/stern-heavy-metal-gifs

Tugg

Jetty

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:53 pm

luckyone wrote:
M564038 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

12 votes had been certified. They were Alabama and Alaska, I believe. All for the current President.

Stop the count! :mrgreen:

Tugger

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Karl Rove:
What happened at the U.S.Capitol on Wednesday afternoon – what we saw on our screens – should sicken anyone who loves America.
[...]
Those who defiled the chambers of the United States House and Senate, parading with Confederate flags and defying lawful orders to stop and disperse are nothing more than common criminals. They have stained America’s Capitol and thereby our national government in front of the entire world and they did it claiming they were doing this for us.

Mr. President, the people who did this are responsible for their vile actions, but you brought them together today, asked them to share your anger and sent them down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol. It’s up to you to end this attack on our government and the rule of law by people declaring they act in your name and for your benefit.

Two pathetically weak tweets followed by a video that didn’t condemn the violence won’t cut it, Mr. President.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/protest ... -karl-rove

Tugg

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 pm

Jetty wrote:
luckyone wrote:
M564038 wrote:

Stop the count! :mrgreen:

Can't! It's not 270!

petertenthije

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 pm

According to Dutch NOS TV, the lady shot earlier today in the Capitol building has died in hospital.

OA260

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 pm

Not sure what they are hoping to achieve . Not even covering their faces to avoid prosecution.

https:///

Tugger

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 pm

OA260 wrote:
Not sure what they are hoping to achieve . Not even covering their faces to avoid prosecution.

https:///

They follow Trump, they are idiots.

That is what Trump followers are.

Tugg

DIRECTFLT

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:08 pm

petertenthije wrote:
According to Dutch NOS TV, the lady shot earlier today in the Capitol building has died in hospital.

At a Press Conference an hour ago, the DC Police refused to admit (1) If the unarmed woman shot in the neck was shot by police, and (2) if she was still alive.

They know, but they would just prefer to not release that information tonight...

bennett123

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Strong words from Fox News.

Will be interesting to see what happens next.

mdsh00

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:09 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Why so hard to condemn it? George W. Bush just called this an insurrection. There's no splitting hairs. This is just wrong.
Last edited by mdsh00 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:10 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
petertenthije wrote:

At a Press Conference an hour ago, the DC Police refused to admit (1) If the unarmed woman shot in the neck was shot by police, and (2) if she was still alive.

They know, but they would just prefer to not release that information tonight...

Yes Jake Tapper asked Bowser this directly and she punted.

Boeing757100

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Any exact arrest numbers?

petertenthije

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Obviously I am an ocean distance away so easy talking for me, but i would not be surprised if the police dot not yet know who shot. It’s a mess there. No doubt they will know in a few days or even hours as security footage is reviewed, but for now they got more urgent matters to deal with.

Edited to add: found the first link confirming the lady passed away.
https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... d42ba0dcf0
Last edited by petertenthije on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.