Any exact arrest numbers?

At least 20 thus far.

NIKV69

Re: Pro-Trump Riot in US Capital Building

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
Any exact arrest numbers?

No Bowser said many were arrested and that those #s would be released ASAP
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

zkojq

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:15 pm

@realDonaldTrump 13m ago

These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!
First to fly the 787-9

Boeing757100

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Wow. I mean, I don't think there ever was such a reaction to an election-loss in the history of US presidents... I mean, I got nothin'.
Going to ATL airport in 2019 is like being in 2013
Going to ATL airport in 2010 is like being in 2000
Going to ATL airport in 1998 is like being in 1988
Going to ATL airport in 2035 is like watching paint dry

acavpics

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:18 pm

Since Democrats now have control of the Senate, and have maintained the grip on the house, can Trump actually be impeached and removed now?

FGITD

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:18 pm

petertenthije wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I will reserve judgement till we know for sure.

It’s not like you to show restraint in the face of rioters damaging property and injuring law enforcement officers. What happened to you?

It’s an incredible double standard

A brick gets thrown through a window during a BLM protest turned riot....”lock them all up, criminals masquerading as protesters, whole thing is dirty top to bottom “ etc etc etc

The capital literally gets stormed while in session to certify the democratic process of transferring power.....”well, let’s see what they were upset over. Can’t lump them all together or judge without all the facts!”

This is a terrorist insurrection. Perhaps a bold statement, but this will do far more damage than 9/11 or Bin Laden himself could have ever hoped.

scbriml

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
This is extremely unfortunate and this should be condemned.

And yet you didn't actually condemn it.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
In my opinion, some criminal/terrorist elements have conveniently taken advantage of this to cause the mayhem at the capitol today.

Right, they weren't Trump supporters at all? :sarcastic:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Boeing757100

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 pm

acavpics wrote:
Since Democrats now have control of the Senate, and have maintained the grip on the house, can Trump actually be impeached and removed now?

Maybe, but I think it will get a very bad reaction from the public. Very uncontrollable environment we all are in now :(

Klaus

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:20 pm

And Trump is pouring further fuel into the fire at full blast with more seditious tweets. I won't even link to them under these circumstances. Twitter should have suspended his account hours ago already.

Boeing757100

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 pm

Will he even be charged with at least one offense?

OA260

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:23 pm

GW Bush has issued a statement saying this is how elections are disputed in a banana Republic.

Last edited by OA260 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johns624

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:23 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
acavpics wrote:

Maybe, but I think it will get a very bad reaction from the public. Very uncontrollable environment we all are in now :(

Yeah, as much as I detest Trump, it would just do more harm. The thing to do is in the next few elections, when one of the Reps or Sens who wanted to contest the vote is running, a special effort should be put forth to defeat them. I'm sure they'll say "I didn't know it would happen", but they did...

Boeing757100

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm

OA260 wrote:
GW Bush has issued a statement saying these actions are those of a banana Republic.

I guess that is right in terms of being politically unstable, but then again, the economy of US doesn't just rely on the export of one product right?

Aaron747

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:28 pm

Today is simply what failed leadership looks like and why Teddy Roosevelt implored patriots to put country above POTUS/the man. Trump is the most subversive POTUS of our lifetimes.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

N583JB

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:29 pm

I truly believe that Donald Trump is an evil person and will go down as the worst President of all time. What a horrid man.

luckyone

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:30 pm

scbriml wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This is extremely unfortunate and this should be condemned.

And yet you didn't actually condemn it.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
In my opinion, some criminal/terrorist elements have conveniently taken advantage of this to cause the mayhem at the capitol today.

Right, they weren't Trump supporters at all? :sarcastic:

Well, there will be many in custody. I guess there's ample opportunity to tell the tale of how the left wing agitators went to the Capitol to stop the election wherein a right wing president was to be denied a second term. Makes so much sense. I can't wait for the salacious details.

Klaus wrote:
And Trump is pouring further fuel into the fire at full blast with more seditious tweets. I won't even link to them under these circumstances. Twitter should have suspended his account hours ago already.

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"

sabenapilot

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 pm

It's high time the president is declared incapacitated, so the VP can take over until the inauguration of the President-elect.
Would probably suit Trump just fine, as he wouldn't have to actually do the hand over to J. Biden then.

It's clea that in 2 weeks from now 45 should end up either in a psychiatric hospital or in jail, because this is NOT even remotely the normal behaviour of a President!
The USofA just got turned into some banana republic deep in South-America, tonight!
MAGA? LMFAO!

prebennorholm

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:34 pm

Why do we tend to give unfit names to things? Example: "German Democratic Republic" to one of the world's worst dictatorships.

And now the land area which separates Canada from Mexico. "United States of America"? "States of America", sure yes. But "United" ???

What about a name change? Could it be "North Mexico"? Or would that be too much of an insult on Mexico?
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

frmrCapCadet

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:35 pm

I'm not in favor, as most of us, of police shooting unless a last resort to protect other lives. I do favor prison sentences for these rioters. But even then not much more than a couple years.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

petertenthije

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:37 pm

N583JB wrote:
I truly believe that Donald Trump is an evil person and will go down as the worst President of all time. What a horrid man.

His last few tweets today should certainly close that debate.
Though no doubt some people will continue to support Trump. As the saying goes: “Can’t fix stupid”.
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

CitizenJustin

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:40 pm

airnorth wrote:
I wonder if all of the Republican anti-maskers are refusing a gas mask?

I’d like to know if they’d be comfortable with a surgeon operating on them without a mask since they say they don’t work.

ArcticSEA

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 pm

It only took them 4 years, but Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, et al. are removing Donald Trump's posts.
PNW-based private pilot and engineer. #fatpnw

SYRAVGEEK

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/cbs-news- ... s-capitol/
Surprised they didn’t shut DCA down. Although they did do some airspace limitations and didn’t allow news copters around DC
IG: @315_aviation
Vitamin C is Spanish for Vitamin Yes

DTVG

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Where were all the tough guy cops from the American Action movies who protect the politicians? Have they already been defunded or this just incompetence?

OA260

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:49 pm

ArcticSEA wrote:
It only took them 4 years, but Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, et al. are removing Donald Trump's posts.

Just seen that both his earlier video and tweet removed. Thats very humiliating for a President.

meecrob

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:53 pm

Well, looks like its time to retire the Star Spangled Banner in favour of this anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GpE3HZJ5k

Remember when America had a middle class and an upper class?
That was way before the exodus.
That was the America that we thought was number one,
thought would overcome, thought would never die.
That was just our pride and faith: two shitty deadly sins;
I know faith isn't one of 'em but it should have been,
'Cause when things were crumbling, we had no camaraderie,
just a faith someone would save us from despondence.

We called it America, whoa.

"Number one America" was a slogan used
to keep morale up when we knew we were already cooked,
Then the richer western states
succeeded in secession and the eastern ones followed right behind.
Mexi-Can-America was the perfect name
that epitomized the order of significance, authority and affluence.
We had turned it all around, went from number one, straight to number two (shit).

National bankruptcy, circumcised society.
USA, dined and ditched;
Fox reports "poor is the new rich".

We called it America.

CitizenJustin

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:53 pm

Jetty wrote:
seb146 wrote:
None of these people can ever again say that BLM is violent. Smashing windows and spray painting is nothing compared to these MAGA supporters.

I didn't see any looting or violence against persons going on in DC today, so I'm not sure BLM/Antifa compares favorable. You don't need a comparison anyway to conclude extremists on both sides are thugs.

The US capital hasn’t been breached since 1814 when the British set it on fire. This is far more serious and you know it.

CitizenJustin

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 pm

zkojq wrote:
Law Enforcement is showing an incredible amount of restraint.....especially compared to when BLM protesters stand arm to arm blocking a road singing Kumbaya.

A woman who was shot by police was just pronounced dead. Otherwise, I agree.

Klaus

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 pm

OA260 wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:

Just seen that both his earlier video and tweet removed. Thats very humiliating for a President.

High time. Freezing the account should be next.

zkojq

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:57 pm

@_KaylaBrantley
The man pictured in Nancy Pelosi’s office took a piece of her mail, made it out safely, then posed for a pic

https://twitter.com/_KaylaBrantley/stat ... 7033179137

@AllMattNYT
That’s Richard “Bigo” Barnett, 60, from Gravette, Ak., showing off the personalized envelope he took from Speaker Pelosi’s office. He insisted he didn’t steal it — “I left a quarter on her desk.”

https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/status/1 ... 6421578754

@AllMattNYT
Barnett, whose shirt was ripped opened and who kept shouting about being “maced,” was loudly entertaining fellow protesters with tales of his exploits.

After getting into Pelosi’s office, he said, “I wrote her a nasty note, put my feet up on her desk and scratched my balls.”

@AllMattNYT
·
He claimed that he was politely knocking on the door of Pelosi’s office when he was pushed in by other protesters. It was a story he knew no one would buy - “I’ll probably be telling them this is what happened all the way to the D.C. jail,” he said.

What consequences is he going to face? Hillary was right about her deplorables comment.
Last edited by zkojq on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
First to fly the 787-9

ArcticSEA

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:57 pm

The conservative-leaning National Association of Manufacturers have called on Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment and force the removal of Trump from office immediately.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... entnewsntp

SYRAVGEEK

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:58 pm

The worst part about this is that this is just the begging. I imagine there are (in a lack of a better word) sleeper cells activating across the US. Inauguration Day is gonna be a f*ck fest!

SYRAVGEEK

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 am

zkojq wrote:
@_KaylaBrantley
The man pictured in Nancy Pelosi’s office took a piece of her mail, made it out safely, then posed for a pic

https://twitter.com/_KaylaBrantley/stat ... 7033179137

What consequences is he going to face?

He will be fined $5 and have no further consequences

ER757

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 am

Tugger wrote:
Karl Rove:
What happened at the U.S.Capitol on Wednesday afternoon – what we saw on our screens – should sicken anyone who loves America.
[...]
Those who defiled the chambers of the United States House and Senate, parading with Confederate flags and defying lawful orders to stop and disperse are nothing more than common criminals. They have stained America’s Capitol and thereby our national government in front of the entire world and they did it claiming they were doing this for us.

Mr. President, the people who did this are responsible for their vile actions, but you brought them together today, asked them to share your anger and sent them down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol. It’s up to you to end this attack on our government and the rule of law by people declaring they act in your name and for your benefit.

Two pathetically weak tweets followed by a video that didn’t condemn the violence won’t cut it, Mr. President.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/protest ... -karl-rove

Tugg

Well, never thought I'd see the day that I applauded Karl Rove, but I guess anything can happen given enough time

LittleFokker

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 am

Since it's cold in DC (around 40F/5C), this would be an excellent time to use the water hose to disperse the crowd. And if they catch hypothermia, so what? If they really are patriots, they can die for their country.

And for anyone lamenting how America is better than this, pay the hell attention, this is exactly who Americans are. This has been coming for a long time and our ugliness is being exposed to the world.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

ER757

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
The conservative-leaning National Association of Manufacturers have called on Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment and force the removal of Trump from office immediately.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... entnewsntp

If Pence had any cajones at all, he'd have done so a long time ago

TangoandCash

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:04 am

Boeing757100 wrote:
Will he even be charged with at least one offense?

I'd start with 'inciting a riot'.

ArcticSEA

Pelosi confirms the people's work will continue tonight, possibly within the hour per media reports.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said lawmakers will resume counting the Electoral College vote later Wednesday after armed protesters stormed the Capitol building, disrupting the proceedings and forcing lawmakers to flee to secure locations.

"To that end, in consultation with Leader Hoyer and Whip Clyburn and after calls to the Pentagon, the Justice Department and the Vice President, we have decided we should proceed tonight at the Capitol once it is cleared for use," Pelosi wrote in a letter to House members.

The lawmakers will return for a joint session, so members of both the House and Senate will join. It's unclear what time lawmakers will reconvene.

"We always knew this responsibility would take us into the night," Pelosi continued. "The night may still be long but we are hopeful for a shorter agenda, but our purpose will be accomplished."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... s-n1252864

Note the mention of Mike Pence. He is emerging as a key figure in the final weeks of the Trump saga.
Last edited by ArcticSEA on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty

CitizenJustin wrote:
Jetty wrote:
seb146 wrote:
None of these people can ever again say that BLM is violent. Smashing windows and spray painting is nothing compared to these MAGA supporters.

I didn't see any looting or violence against persons going on in DC today, so I'm not sure BLM/Antifa compares favorable. You don't need a comparison anyway to conclude extremists on both sides are thugs.

The US capital hasn’t been breached since 1814 when the British set it on fire. This is far more serious and you know it.

I agree it's more serious, but that doesn't make it more violent. Those are two different things.

Klaus

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:05 am

ER757 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Karl Rove:
What happened at the U.S.Capitol on Wednesday afternoon – what we saw on our screens – should sicken anyone who loves America.
[...]
Those who defiled the chambers of the United States House and Senate, parading with Confederate flags and defying lawful orders to stop and disperse are nothing more than common criminals. They have stained America’s Capitol and thereby our national government in front of the entire world and they did it claiming they were doing this for us.

Mr. President, the people who did this are responsible for their vile actions, but you brought them together today, asked them to share your anger and sent them down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol. It’s up to you to end this attack on our government and the rule of law by people declaring they act in your name and for your benefit.

Two pathetically weak tweets followed by a video that didn’t condemn the violence won’t cut it, Mr. President.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/protest ... -karl-rove

Tugg

Well, never thought I'd see the day that I applauded Karl Rove, but I guess anything can happen given enough time

He discovered his "conscience" as soon as the practical usefulness of Trump for his own radical right agenda expired.

Truly admirable. :talktothehand:

SYRAVGEEK

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 am

Doesn’t surprise me that Capital Police aren’t doing anything. Their role is basically keeping tourists from touching statues.

BN747

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:08 am

Klaus wrote:

In year one, a 70+ year old man has no business clowning around on childish meant-for-entertainment platforms like Twitter, Tik Tok etc....esp. the leader of the world's most powerful nation.

These 'people' who would so love a proven lifelong failed, immoral, deceptive law breaking, uneducable, tax cheat as a savior and place him above their country forsake their citizenship.

I personally have cut personal long time friendships with three people who followed this fool past the 2020 election. Enough is enough and these former associates are valuable contacts but certainly not worth retaining with such mental state whereas they haven't slightest clue how they come off to 'anyone observing'. Two of them have attempted a New Years greeting text - which has and will continue to go without reply and blocked.

Nationally, America now sees white privilege in all it's glory....an assemblage of 40 BLM protesters or more would have been met immediately with a enormous brigade of SWAT units and then some.

Police treated Black Lives Matter protesters and the violent pro-Trump mob very differently
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/0bb4f869-6 ... lives.html

But this not them and what see unfolding here is an assemblage the Bundy clan is pissed they were not a part of it.

A BLM crowd this size? Apache attack helos and troops would have been at the ready within seconds.

Cruz and rest must pay for their aiding and abetting in this act of insurrection.

I've pitched a bitch about this ignorant feckless president since his announced intent to run as have many others here, now the 'trump lives rent free in your head' crowd goes ghost now that their true colors are on display for all to see. And to think, they were greatly offended by Colin Kaepernick took a knee at NFL games - and the team owners..I say to them 'Look at who you were listening to...' president Jim Jones'... hopefully he's packing a couple cask of 'Kool Aid', to cool them off.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

noviorbis77

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:08 am

N583JB wrote:

The good thing about Trump is that he is gone in a couple of weeks.

TangoandCash

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:11 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
The worst part about this is that this is just the begging. I imagine there are (in a lack of a better word) sleeper cells activating across the US. Inauguration Day is gonna be a f*ck fest!

I doubt there are any Trump 'sleeper cells', they're not organized enough for that.

I would also be shocked if there is any sort of public inauguration ceremony. The Secret Service is probably having kittens right now at the thought.

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 am

Twitter has locked Trump's account and have threatened a permanent ban.
https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/statu ... 0062485505
Last edited by ArcticSEA on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

scbriml

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:13 am

Klaus wrote:

Twitter aren't even flagging his tweets now, just deleting them. He's lost it. Lots of talk on CNN of the 25th Amendment being invoked, but I can't see that flying.

Congress will resume at 8pm ET. It remains to be seen if all the planned objections will still happen or if a big dose of common sense has been taken. We shall see.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ER757

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:16 am

BN747 wrote:
Klaus wrote:

In year one, a 70+ year old man has no business clowning around on childish meant-for-entertainment platforms like Twitter, Tik Tok etc....esp. the leader of the world's most powerful nation.

These 'people' who would so love a proven lifelong failed, immoral, deceptive law breaking tax cheat as a savior and place him above their country forsake their citizenship.

I personally have cut personal long time friendships with three people who followed this fool past the 2020 election. Enough is enough and these former associates are valuable contacts but certainly not worth retaining with such mental state whereas they haven't slightest clue how they come off to 'anyone observing'. Two of them have attempted a New Years greeting text - which has and will continue to go without reply and blocked.

Nationally, America now sees white privilege in all it's glory....an assemblage of 40 BLM protesters or more would have been met immediately with a enormous brigade of SWAT units and then some.

But this not them and what see unfolding here is an assemblage the Bundy clan is pissed they were not a part of it.

A BLM crowd this size? Apache attack helos and troops would have been at the ready within seconds.

Cruz and rest must pay for their aiding and abetting in this act of insurrection.

I've pitched a bitch about this ignorant feckless president since his announced intent to run as have many others here, now the 'trump lives rent free in your head' crowd goes ghost now that their true colors are on display for all to see. And to think, they were greatly offended by Colin Kaepernick took a knee at NFL games - and the team owners..I say to them 'Look at who you were listening to...' president Jim Jones'... hopefully he's packing a couple cask of 'Kool Aid', to cool them off.

BN747

If you think the Apache choppers would have been called in for BLM protesters, imagine what would have happened if they looked like people of Arab or other Middle Eastern descent. They'd have been immediately shot as terrorists, But white guys with pipe bombs, meh.....and I say this as a male Caucasian US citizen.

Jetty

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:18 am

BN747 wrote:
Nationally, America now sees white privilege in all it's glory....an assemblage of 40 BLM protesters or more would have been met immediately with a enormous brigade of SWAT units and then some

A woman was shot (it might very well have been justified). How many people have been shot by police during countless BLM protests?

SYRAVGEEK

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 am

ER757 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Klaus wrote:

These 'people' who would so love a proven lifelong failed, immoral, deceptive law breaking tax cheat as a savior and place him above their country forsake their citizenship.

BN747

If you think the Apache choppers would have been called in for BLM protesters, imagine what would have happened if they looked like people of Arab or other Middle Eastern descent. They'd have been immediately shot as terrorists, But white guys with pipe bombs, meh.....and I say this as a male Caucasian US citizen.

If these were left wing, minorities. There would be B2s, B52s, A10, and C-130s. But with white, right wingers they only get Bell 212s and AS350s as they were winding down the insurrection.

acavpics

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:23 am

I'm seeing lots of urges for the 25th amendment to be invoked in order to remove Trump. I want your opinion: For the sake of preventing violence - Is this a good idea or not?

If this happens, will Trump supporters lose it and go into full-on war rage?
or will they just give up and go home?