Re: Pro-Trump Riot in US Capital Building

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:23 am

IG: @315_aviation
Vitamin C is Spanish for Vitamin Yes

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
https://www.bing.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248317375.html
I agree

Yes, something went berzerk with Hawley in the past month or so. He was actually a reasonable voice until then.
Something weird is going on.
PNW-based private pilot and engineer. #fatpnw

bennett123

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:26 am

fmrCapCadet

A couple of years really?.

luckyone

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:26 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
SYRAVGEEK wrote:
https://www.bing.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248317375.html
I agree

Yes, something went berzerk with Hawley in the past month or so. He was actually a reasonable voice until then.
Something weird is going on.

Clearly he's in on the Deep State conspiracy to make Trump and GOP look stupid.

A101

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:28 am

Klaus wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Did they certify the EC votes.

If the votes cannot be certified, what happens next.

As far as I'm aware republican members have succeeded in delaying certification until their mob could invade the Capitol.

Unfortunately for them, however, their mob couldn't gain hold of the votes, so certification will proceed once order is restored:
https://twitter.com/SenJeffMerkley/stat ... rump-biden

Although even if the mob had burned the votes the states would certainly have provided certified copies quickly and the result would have been the same even then.

This is just an attempted coup, very much as in any "s***hole country" in the third world: The true meaning of "MAGA"!

You have a link to show that is correct?

or are you just assuming that to be the case

TheSonntag

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:29 am

As a german, my fellow American believe me - this is how the SA behaved. It is 1933 revisited.

However, US instituitions were resilient. Maybe this was finally the one step too far for the GOP.

BN747

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 am

Jetty wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Nationally, America now sees white privilege in all it's glory....an assemblage of 40 BLM protesters or more would have been met immediately with a enormous brigade of SWAT units and then some

A woman was shot (it might very well have been justified). How many people have been shot by police during countless BLM protests?

Since the numbers of 'holding a cell phone' police killings are off the charts...

Police treated Black Lives Matter protesters and the violent pro-Trump mob very differently
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/0bb4f869-6 ... lives.html

...BLM'ers doing this would have been met by as ER757 puts it...
ER757 wrote:
If you think the Apache choppers would have been called in for BLM protesters, imagine what would have happened if they looked like people of Arab or other Middle Eastern descent. They'd have been immediately shot as terrorists, But white guys with pipe bombs, meh.....and I say this as a male Caucasian US citizen.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Derico

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:32 am

Well, I personally can't feel sorry for the people working in that building as political representatives. They stoked the fire for many years, they wound these people up for years and years, that there is a worldwide conspiracy against them. Now the fire they comfortably stoked from their offices far away from the forest has reached their door. If there is going to be violence that derives from Trumpism, then I prefer it happens right in that place and nowhere else.

I would hope Americans never forgive the members of government who for so long fanned the flames and now will try to either deny it or say it has gone too far.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

petertenthije

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:34 am

acavpics wrote:
I'm seeing lots of urges for the 25th amendment to be invoked in order to remove Trump. I want your opinion: For the sake of preventing violence - Is this a good idea or not?

If this happens, will Trump supporters lose it and go into full-on war rage?
or will they just give up and go home?

If the 25th is invoked with broad bi-partisan support, then I think the violence will probably stop. Some die-hards will continue, but most would call it a day.

If, however, the 25th is invoked along party lines... it will escalate violence bigly.
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

Aesma

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:37 am

But but but BLM ! But but but antifa !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:39 am

They're starting to abandon ship...
Stephanie Grisham, the former White House communications director and press secretary and current chief of staff for first lady Melania Trump, submitted her resignation Wednesday afternoon, effective immediately, in the wake of the violent protests, a White House official says.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics ... index.html

SYRAVGEEK

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:42 am

acavpics wrote:
I'm seeing lots of urges for the 25th amendment to be invoked in order to remove Trump. I want your opinion: For the sake of preventing violence - Is this a good idea or not?

Oh hell yeah, I want it to happen. Unfortunately Trump just screwed over Pence who is probably about to have some attempt at his life. I also think Trumpers will get VERY angry and launch a coup

Klaus

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:44 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
acavpics wrote:

Oh hell yeah, I want it to happen. Unfortunately Trump just screwed over Pence who is probably about to have some attempt at his life. I also think Trumpers will get VERY angry and launch a coup

What do you think this is, with Trump, many republican Congress members and a whole mob trying to overturn the results of the election by force?

art

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:49 am

What charges could be faced by the people who entered the Capitol but did no physical damage?

I think that the Republican party may henceforth be seen as the party of lawlessness by non-Americans.
Last edited by art on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am

art wrote:
What charges could be faced by the people who entered the Capitol but did no physical damage?

I would imagine some sort of more powerful law than trespass something like interfering with government business or something along those lines.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

ChrisKen

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:52 am

art wrote:

Riot
https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/co ... -1322.html

Your pick of disturbances to the public peace.
https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/co ... apters/13/

No doubt a whole suite of other major or minor charges which I really can't be bothered researching.
Last edited by ChrisKen on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:53 am

art wrote:

And it will be easy to track down these people. If you think the US gov't isn't tapped into every single cell phone tower within a 30 mi. radius of downtown DC, you are mistaken.

SYRAVGEEK

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:58 am

I also believe trump could be charged with Inciting a riot
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text ... cite%20a,2)%20expression%20of%20belief%2C%20not

Francoflier

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 am

Maybe NOW the GOP will finally acknowledge the monster they've created over the past 4 years?

I still somehow doubt it. They're too far inside Trump's rectum. There's no going back and pretending all of this never happened... they were all a part of this, by either actively encouraging it or tacitly endorsing it though their lack of denunciation.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Last edited by Francoflier on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Kent350787

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 am

Australia uses popular vote by relevant electoral district to select its parliamentary representatives. "Attendance" to vote is compulsory - once you have received a ballot, it is your choice what to do with it and, even here, informal or spoiled vote numbers are increasing.

The Head of State remains the same person as the Queen or King of England. For practical purposes, the national leader is the equivalent of the House majority leader.

In Australia, as with the USA, the Senate is a "State's chamber". Having the EC as well in this daya and age makes little sense to many outside the USA.

The fallout from today is a crisis upon a crisis for the USA. Yet again, it appears that a D administration will be left to sort out the worst failures of a R predecessor, but this time will need to actively consider the democtatric institutions of state and whether people have acted outside of these. The case against Giuliani regarding incitement today appears worth consideration.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/ Q100/200/E195/ 733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/ 320/321/332/333/345/359

LMP737

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
This is extremely unfortunate and this should be condemned. Trump should act against this and be forceful, just heard the WH has ordered national guard, so they are acting, albeit a bit late.

In my opinion, some criminal/terrorist elements have conveniently taken advantage of this to cause the mayhem at the capitol today. Saw the video of the lady being shot, she seemed to be along with the Trump supporters. So its pretty confusing what happened there, hopefully no one else gets hurt. Its freaking disappointing to say the least.

The law should be forced upon those who have caused violence. No matter who they are.

Its interesting, in regards to these protestors Trump says he loves them but they should go home. However when Portland was having it's problems he was calling for people to be thrown in prison for a minimum of ten years for vandalizing federal property.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

art

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am

I wonder what extraordinary measures will be taken to ensure security on Jan 20. Nutters, nutters with guns, nutters with guns on a mission to prevent Trump being usurped through electoral fraud strike me as extraordinarily risky.

Waterbomber2

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:16 am

The way the result was split perfectly half and half in this election is almost like a statistical anomaly.
The Senate results in Georgia are a perfect reflection of that.
Some say that the election was fair, others say it wasn't.

Who to believe?
Is the US still a democracy?
Or are there other things going on behind the curtains?

Either way, these are the kind of questions people ask in a banana republic.
That's the only certainty now.

America used to be such a great country.
Last edited by Waterbomber2 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SYRAVGEEK

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:20 am

art wrote:
I wonder what extraordinary measures will be taken to ensure security on Jan 20. Nutters, nutters with guns, nutters with guns on a mission to prevent Trump being usurped through electoral fraud strike me as extraordinarily risky.

Probably gonna shut down the DC Area. (Airports, Rail Stations, etc). Keep an eye on Flight Radar and ADSB Exchange for FBI & NSA Planes.

af773atmsp

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:22 am

If I were Joe or Kamala I would wear a bulletproof vest for awhile. Lots of crazy people out there, which has been shown today.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.

acavpics

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:30 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
I also think Trumpers will get VERY angry and launch a coup

Given what we saw today, that is the last thing we need right now. Any decision to be made from now till Biden's inauguration must keep violence prevention/mitigation in mind.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 am

KUSI in SD is idenifying the woman killed as Ashli Babbit a USAF veteran. Won't let me imbed. Ugh. She was photographed going through the windows to gain entry. Sorry Ashli as a member of the military you have to know better.

Jetty

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:37 am

NIKV69 wrote:
KUSI in SD is idenifying the woman killed as Ashli Babbit a USAF veteran. Won't let me imbed. Ugh. She was photographed going through the windows to gain entry. Sorry Ashli as a member of the military you have to know better.

I've seen the footage. Just as with most victims of police shootings she should have known better, but her actions didn't warrant a deadly shot at all. All she was guilty of is trying to gain unlawful entry.

cpd

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:39 am

Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I've seen the footage. Just as with most victims of police shootings she should have known better, but her actions didn't warrant a deadly shot at all. All she was guilty of is trying to gain unlawful entry.

She got “trial by combat” which is what Giuliani did ask for.

Don’t play with fire if you don’t want to get burned.

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:40 am

Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Into the UNITED STATES CAPITOL.
Go try it at the White House, or a military base.
Watch what happens.

Klaus

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:40 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:
The way the result was split perfectly half and half in this election is almost like a statistical anomaly.

Nonsense. Tight elections are quite ordinary, and a split of 7 millions is not even close to "split perfectly half in half", same as 3 millions in the last one.

Who to believe?

And muddying the water as you've just done is how the path to there is paved.

There is an actual result which has been verified intensely and publicly and there are no actual facts casting any doubt on that.

"Doubt" only exists in wishful thinking of Donald Trump and some of his supporters. But wishful thinking is not reality. Being an adult should normally teach anyone about that difference but it seems quite a few people haven't learned that lesson yet.

Jetty

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:41 am

cpd wrote:
Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

She got “trial by combat” which is what Giuliani did ask for.

Don’t play with fire if you don’t want to get burned.

I hold police to a higher standard regardless of what some lunatic called for. But I guess this mentality explain the extreme number of police killings in the USA, it's a rather low bar.
Last edited by Jetty on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:41 am

Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

We weren't there and this probably happened when the chaos just broke out. As a supporter of law enforcement I give them the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are out but as a member of the military she should have not been doing what she was doing. Sadly she paid the ultimate price.

Jetty

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

We weren't there and this probably happened when the chaos just broke out. As a supporter of law enforcement I give them the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are out but as a member of the military she should have not been doing what she was doing. Sadly she paid the ultimate price.

The footage was very clear. Even without being a member of the military she shouldn't have been doing what she was doing, but isn't wasn't anything more than trying to gain entry; not armed and not threatening the lives of others. Are you consistent with this opinion? It implies you support shooting looters as well. None have been shot.
Last edited by Jetty on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aesma

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:

Who to believe?

Trump won in 2016 with 3 millions less votes than Hillary, anomaly ?
He lost with 7 millions less votes than Biden, anomaly ?

Trump won the states that made the difference in 2016 by thin margins, anomaly ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Kent350787

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:53 am

There is reporting that there is serious discussion amongst legilsators around invoking the 25th amendment.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/ Q100/200/E195/ 733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/ 320/321/332/333/345/359

NIKV69

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:55 am

Kent350787 wrote:
There is reporting that there is serious discussion amongst legilsators around invoking the 25th amendment.

IMO Trump is planning a midnight resignation and exit and this will be done by Sunday. Melania will file for divorce by Monday.

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:55 am

Kent350787 wrote:

Legislators do not invoke the 25th amendment. The cabinet does.

Tugger

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:59 am

Lots of flaming posters here today! Just trying to fan the flames of doubt or anger or BS. Just so you.know, it is obvious and everyone can tell who you are. I know, they're don't care, I just want to post and stir but I just wanted to express my opinion.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Kent350787

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:03 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Legislators do not invoke the 25th amendment. The cabinet does.

I admit I don't know the US system as well as others. You are correct - Cabinet members are reported as discussing invoking the 25th.

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 am

I have been watching the Senate feed on CSPAN.
The Republican Party is DONE with Trump.
https://www.c-span.org/event/?507698/se ... votes&live

emperortk

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:06 am

Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Jetty wrote:

The footage was very clear. Even without being a member of the military she shouldn't have been doing what she was doing, but isn't wasn't anything more than trying to gain entry; not armed and not threatening the lives of others. Are you consistent with this opinion? It implies you support shooting looters as well. None have been shot.

You realize there were thousands of people, avid supporters of the 2nd amendment, at the Capitol and scores, if not hundreds, illegally inside, right? Police had no idea who was armed and who wasn't. They had no idea what the intent of these criminals was. If anything, we should be thankful if it turns out that only one person was killed today. Right now it appears that law enforcement did an amazing job of protecting the people they were employed to protect and serve, and they ultimately restored order.

cpd

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:11 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
I have been watching the Senate feed on CSPAN.
The Republican Party is DONE with Trump.
https://www.c-span.org/event/?507698/se ... votes&live

Was the Trump experiment worth it? Seems doubtful now, they are probably stuck with the legacy of this day for a very long time.

It’s a shame and as someone said, extremely lucky only one person was shot dead.

hkg82

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:15 am

What a shocking sight to wake up to this morning.

Sadly, what we saw at the Capitol is probably just the beginning. With the amount of guns, explosives, etc. in circulation and the number of private right-wing militias operating throughout the country, there will no doubt be more attempted attacks in the future. Thankfully agencies like the FBI are highly competent in surveilling these groups and catching them before they can execute their plans.

I'm completely speechless as to what the US has become under Trump, and at the man himself who promoted/encouraged such behaviours. Utterly speechless.

What else is going to happen, and what else is he going to do in the remaining days? Crazy.

CitizenJustin

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:22 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
art wrote:

Probably gonna shut down the DC Area. (Airports, Rail Stations, etc). Keep an eye on Flight Radar and ADSB Exchange for FBI & NSA Planes.

Didn’t they find explosive devices like pipe bombs? Since none went off I wonder if test was a tear to measure police respond. Idk. Just a thought.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:46 am

Twitter and facebook, has blocked Trump for the rest of today. Twitter, told him to delete his tweets, or expect to be banned.
I'm pretty sure they are going to have to ban him. If they had banned him, years ago. None of this would of happened today.

Jetty

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:23 am

emperortk wrote:
Jetty wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

You realize there were thousands of people, avid supporters of the 2nd amendment, at the Capitol and scores, if not hundreds, illegally inside, right? Police had no idea who was armed and who wasn't. They had no idea what the intent of these criminals was. If anything, we should be thankful if it turns out that only one person was killed today.

I realize all of that, but in this situation with thousands of protesters and a large police presence one cop felt the need to shoot one protestor who’s actions didn’t stand out. That rather suggests that this cop was triggerhappy instead of a justified killing.

Right now it appears that law enforcement did an amazing job of protecting the people they were employed to protect and serve, and they ultimately restored order.

They did a rather poor job this time: they knew there would be an angry mob and yet they let them take over Congress. If they were prepared they could have prevented it with non-lethal means instead of being walked over and killing a protestor in the process.

As an outsider I never get the praise or hate of law enforcement I see in the US. At the end of the day these are people just doing the job they are payed to do. Some are good at it and have good intentions while others not so much, as with any other job. Pointless to paint them all with a broad brush regardless of whether it’s to categorize them as good or bad.

ArcticSEA

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:25 am

Jetty wrote:
If they were prepared they could have prevented it with non-lethal means instead of being walked over and killing a protestor in the process.

"Protestors" do not storm Federal buildings, much less the US Capitol.
Rioters and terrorists do, however.
Ta-ta for now.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:33 am

Jetty wrote:

How does shooting looters have anything to do with this? Again we were not there, we don't know who the person who pulled the trigger encountered. I doubt he was acting in any way other than to protect congress.

Looters are a whole other issue and does not belong in this discussion.

prebennorholm

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:41 am

It's probably no coincidense that one, and only one, riotter got shot and died today.

Hearing a shot and seeing a riotter falling from the window which she was climbing through, that likely had some effect on changing the minds of other riotters who might have got the same idea.

Only lemmings commit mass suicide.
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs