Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LMP737

Re: Pro-Trump Riot in US Capital Building

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:44 am

AirframeAS wrote:

Other U.S Presidents who did not attend to their successor's inauguration as follows: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, and as well as Andrew Johnson. And I realize you said "recent history". However, I wanted to show and point out to others that this is not the first time regardless of circumstance.

It is the first time that a sitting president has called his defeat the result of massive fraud, pressured other elected officials to overturn that loss and then in desperation incited his followers to march on the capital and then pretend that he was not culpable in anyway,
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

BN747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:21 am

The most chilling off or near camera captured statements is the of a guy shouting 'We did it! We took the Capitol!'

That is a mentality beyond any kind of help.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

luckyone

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:27 am

Aaron747 wrote:
ArcticSEA wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:
Here is the full video, including the shooting. Viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8Ms ... el=JaydenX

The link may not work in the future as I can see it being pulled rather quickly. Disgusting day for America because of these terrorists wrapped in the US flag.

So much for "back the blue!".
Appalling behavior.

That guy’s going to need a good lawyer to avoid doing federal time.

I hear Cleta Mitchell and a few others are busy looking for work.

SYRAVGEEK

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:37 am

Twitter saying that there have been plans of a secondary attack on US Capital Grounds on January 17th (three days before the inauguration) hopefully the police will know what to do
IG: @315_aviation
Vitamin C is Spanish for Vitamin Yes

art

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:54 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
Twitter saying that there have been plans of a secondary attack on US Capital Grounds on January 17th (three days before the inauguration) hopefully the police will know what to do

I imagine that there will be an overwhelming police presence. Unfortunately people in America are allowed guns and if anyone in the fanatical mob starts firing at the police, I can see rioters getting shot,

ThePointblank

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 am

art wrote:
SYRAVGEEK wrote:

I imagine that there will be an overwhelming police presence. Unfortunately people in America are allowed guns and if anyone in the fanatical mob starts firing at the police, I can see rioters getting shot,

If the police haven't learned anything and changed their plans to significantly beef up security to prepare for Inauguration day, I'll eat my hat.

I would imagine the National Guard would be fully called out, with every available law enforcement agency called in and swarming Washington DC. I suspect the area around the Capitol to be on total lockdown; nobody will be allowed close. Snipers would be em-placed around the Capitol, with police and military helicopters buzzing around. Heavy barricades and road blocks in place, and roving patrols of riot police and bomb sniffing dogs.

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 am

Rick Wilson brings up an excellent point...
The question is, should Merrick Garland go after Trump and former Trump admin. officials?
"Four people were killed in Benghazi, and we had hundreds of hours of hearings. Four [five now] people died in the U.S. Capitol grounds."
There is hell to pay, and Trump's life is about to be a living hell.
PNW-based private pilot and engineer. #fatpnw

acavpics

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:37 am

Can someone just give a wild guesstimate: What are the odds that Trump will be arrested (for whatever crime(a)) after he leaves office?

I just want him out of public influence forever!

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:37 am

These weasels, man...
Republicans suddenly distance themselves from Trump’s false election claims
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOcgkgfE-E

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 am

The FBI has begun publishing photos of the Capitol rioters
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

DLFREEBIRD

Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:17 am

SYRAVGEEK wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

The whole response was tough to watch from a security standpoint. From refusing help from other agencies to how they were just allowed to mill around after. It was so surreal. I would have expected paddy wagons and mass arrests.
The policeman beaten over the head with a fire hydrant. Who went back to work, and later collapsed. Really got my attention.

The conspiracy theory former military member who climbed through a broken glass window to be shot dead. Josh Hawley, fake tunnel vision. Anybody who holds two degree from Ivy league schools can't possibly be that delusional, he's as fake as Donald Trump.

Keep in mind Kayleigh McEnany went to Harvard
Isn't Harvard where rich people kids go that don't have good grades? Jared Kushner, for example, got into Harvard despite having a mediocre academic record.

bennett123

Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:41 am

Looks like more than 12 to me.

prebennorholm

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:30 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
The question is, should Merrick Garland go after Trump and former Trump admin. officials?

Huh, the only lasting cure is that the GOP transforms in a way which makes it impossible to nominate a candidate as they did in 2015.

There were at least a quarter billion Americans who were better qualified than Trump. Anyway they selected him.

We knew that the whole thing spelled four years of disaster, even though hardly anyone could imagine that it would end as badly as the current mess. But that's only a question about magnitude. In principle we shouldn't be surpriced.
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

Pellegrine

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:30 am

seahawk wrote:
One has to mention the African-American policeman who was the first to confront the mob. He showed an amazing amount of restraint under the circumstances. He was chased, screamed at, threatened and still did retreat in an orderly fashion without killing rioters. This guy deserves a medal.

Thank you for saying that. I was incensed at seeing that on Twitter. He was alone. Even if he used his gun he had limited ammunition and he was one person obviously.

This is absolutely insane and I am still furious as a resident of DC. It is like an embassy storming.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys. Citizenship/Residence::: Washington DC, US; Vaud, CH; Providenciales, TCI (hence my avi)

Pellegrine

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:38 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Having a glance at Parler is like a trip to Crazytown. Hundreds of racist comments on Elaine Chao’s resignation, accusing her of being in the CCP’s pocket, telling her to go back to China etc. These bumpkins don’t even know Taiwan is our ally and they fought a 22-year civil war against Red China. What the hell is going on in red state education??

LMAO and she's been married to a Republican white man for years, These racists are so basic and unwound.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys. Citizenship/Residence::: Washington DC, US; Vaud, CH; Providenciales, TCI (hence my avi)

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:41 am

Pellegrine wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Having a glance at Parler is like a trip to Crazytown. Hundreds of racist comments on Elaine Chao’s resignation, accusing her of being in the CCP’s pocket, telling her to go back to China etc. These bumpkins don’t even know Taiwan is our ally and they fought a 22-year civil war against Red China. What the hell is going on in red state education??

LMAO and she's been married to a Republican white man for years, These racists are so basic and unwound.

I can assure you that it isn't just red state education that is failing.

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:57 am

It is now being reported that truck full of bombs and guns were found near the Capitol building
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics ... index.html
But yeah, other than that, plus all of the dead people and pipe bombs at party HQs, it was a totally peacefully rally.

cpd

Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:20 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
It is now being reported that truck full of bombs and guns were found near the Capitol building
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics ... index.html
But yeah, other than that, plus all of the dead people and pipe bombs at party HQs, it was a totally peacefully rally.

What on earth is wrong with these people? Crazy!

More of this apparently peaceful intentions:

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... eb33d6300d

Pellegrine

Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:38 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I can assure you that it isn't just red state education that is failing.

You don't have to assure me of that. American education fails all American children in public schools. I was privileged enough to go to private.

I am saying it is ironic that an Asian woman who is married to a white man is being told this racist nonsense. Her white husband should stand up for her. If I were in such a relationship as Chao I would tell his ass as such.

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:00 am

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:00 am

It is becoming clear that there was a more sinister plan at work here
These zip tie like cuffs are what airline crews use to subdue passengers who are belligerent
IMO, clearly the plan was to take members of Congress hostage, possibly even execute them
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 3086729218

Virtual737

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:08 am

Jetty wrote:
That’s most often true as in this case. That doesn’t justify police killing someone for unlawful entry though.

This wasn't some boarded up convenience store or a museum closed for the night, this was the heart of the US Government during a live session of both houses. The building was being stormed by a few hundred idiots, many of them shouting "Hang Pence". Unlawful entry is the only offence you can pin on them?

ArcticSEA

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:10 am

Virtual737 wrote:
This wasn't some boarded up convenience store or a museum closed for the night, this was the heart of the US Government during a live session of both houses. The building was being stormed by a few hundred idiots, many of them shouting "Hang Pence". Unlawful entry is the only offence you can pin on them?

I am of the view that they are lucky only a handful of people died. Pence and Pelosi (#2 and #3 in line for the Presidency) were in the building at the time.

Virtual737

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:18 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
Pence and Pelosi (#2 and #3 in line for the Presidency) were in the building at the time.

Both poster people of the GOP one minute and then traitors the next. Got to love simple minds. (EDIT: of course NP was not... my mistake)

I'm just hoping that whatever needs to happen to stop Trump being protected by the Secret Service for the remainder of his life happens and happens soon. Let the muppet pay for his own protection. Something tells me he's going to need it.

Pellegrine

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:27 am

Virtual737 wrote:
Jetty wrote:
That’s most often true as in this case. That doesn’t justify police killing someone for unlawful entry though.

Even the US Smithsonian has armed guards paroling at night (a lot of them). You aren't stealing 9-figure paintings from the NGA, or the Hope Diamond from the NMNH in the dead of night.

Pellegrine

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:36 am

ArcticSEA wrote:
It is becoming clear that there was a more sinister plan at work here
These zip tie like cuffs are what airline crews use to subdue passengers who are belligerent
IMO, clearly the plan was to take members of Congress hostage, possibly even execute them
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 3086729218

This has been clear from the beginning! That's why I said these people are separatists. Even with new Republican leadership they are allied to Trump! These people are white supremacist separatists and should be treated as such!

BN747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:48 am

The plot thickens...

Off-duty police officers among rioters, one Capitol officer says
https://www.yahoo.com/news/off-duty-pol ... 22125.html

Inside Job: House Dems Ask If Capitol Rioters Had Hidden Help
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/0 ... job-456725

With rioting lawmakers being unmasked as being participants in the Insurrection Attack on the US Capitol. the word of one Capitol officer says there undercover cops and military individuals amid the raging crowd.

Now, will we get a drill downed investigation or a go easy on 'our guys, they didn't know what they were getting into' investigation?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:06 am

BN747 wrote:
The plot thickens...

Off-duty police officers among rioters, one Capitol officer says
https://www.yahoo.com/news/off-duty-pol ... 22125.html

Inside Job: House Dems Ask If Capitol Rioters Had Hidden Help
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/0 ... job-456725

With rioting lawmakers being unmasked as being participants in the Insurrection Attack on the US Capitol. the word of one Capitol officer says there undercover cops and military individuals amid the raging crowd.

Now, will we get a drill downed investigation or a go easy on 'our guys, they didn't know what they were getting into' investigation?

BN747

Capital police and or DC off duty police?

Guy with zip ties was USAF
https://nypost.com/2021/01/09/air-force ... SocialFlow
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

Aaron747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:20 am

These people are only getting more unhinged now that the WH is clearly working on transition and Trump gave the reluctant statement. What is to be done about this?

https://twitter.com/pattyezamborsky/sta ... 36736?s=21
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:25 am

A few notably tweets

By Greg Palast.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/ ... 5792734208

We'd like to report one of the instigators of the #DCRIOTS.

His names's Ali Alexander and he works with the National Republican Senate Committee.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/ ... 9364494344 (includes 2 min long video clip

Our photojournalist, @ZDRoberts
, who’d been tracking Ali Alexander’s pitch for mayhem across the nation, signed up undercover to work with Ali — and was surprised to receive instructions from Daniel George of the Republican Senate Committee. #DCRIOTS

By Zach D Roberts:

https://twitter.com/zdroberts/status/13 ... 9954048000
A series of 9 tweets related to:
The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) & Georgia Republican Party seems to be directly working with Ali Alexander's "Stop the Steal" Organization.

Articles:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/us/p ... rters.html

The roots of one of the darkest moments in American democracy reached at least as far back as Nov. 4, the day after the presidential election that Mr. Trump would decisively lose to Mr. Biden. On that day, the first Stop the Steal group was formed on Facebook — and it quickly took off, realizing at one point 100 new members every 10 seconds. The group swelled to 320,000 followers before Facebook shut it down.

Several right-wing activists, including Ali Alexander, a Republican operative who was previously known as Ali Akbar, began to emerge as leaders of Stop the Steal. Their conspiracy theories and fact-free claims of electoral fraud closely mirrored the same baseless charges being leveled by Mr. Trump.

On Jan. 6.

Mr. Alexander and others seized on the date, urging Trump supporters everywhere to converge onto the Capitol as Congress tended to what historically has been a glorified shuffling of papers — if sometimes infused with grace, as when Vice President Al Gore announced the names of the winner, George W. Bush, and the loser: Al Gore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -its-apex/

Ali Alexander is a right-wing personality who has worked with a rogue’s gallery of notorious characters in that world: Alex Jones, Roger Stone, Jacob Wohl, Laura Loomer, you name it. A decade ago, he was flitting around on the fringes of the conservative movement where his past legal troubles contributed to scrutiny of his efforts to raise funds for an online publishing venture. Now, he identifies himself as “national organizer” for “Stop the Steal,” an organization which adopts the tagline of President Trump’s ploy to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.gregpalast.com/why-did-the- ... nstigator/

[Atlanta] The star of the GOP’s get-out-the-vote door-knocking program in the Georgia Senate run-off, standing next to Alex Jones, was blasting his threat through a megaphone in front of the Governor’s home. “We’ll light the whole sh*t on fire!”

Ali Alexander’s threat in December would become all too real when he repeated his performance on January 6 in Washington, DC.

In the US Capitol that day, looking over the scene of screams, teargas, and mayhem, Alexander said, “I warned you this would happen.”

Yes, he did. Nevertheless, the Georgia Republican Party’s Metro Atlanta Field Director Kevin Mason was more than happy to team up with Alexander. With his huge reach within the Alt-Right, Alexander could bring in a swarm of volunteers for the door-knocking campaign they desperately needed to hold back the looming Democratic victory in the US Senate run-offs.

https://www.vox.com/recode/22221285/tru ... r-facebook

Ali Alexander, a far-right activist and conspiracy theorist, posted a video to YouTube on Christmas Day, urging people to come to Washington, DC, on the day that Congress would finalize Joe Biden’s election to the US presidency.

With a triumphant soundtrack, the video features President Trump at a rally declaring, “We will never give in. We will never give up, and we will never back down. We will never ever surrender.” It urges people to register to attend on a website, WildProtest.com, directing them to get to the Capitol building by 1 pm on the day of the event. The website even offered to help people find rides to get there.

As we all have understood by now, this was a well organizes coup attempt with roots deep into the republican party.

About NRSC:

The NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) is the only national organization solely devoted to strengthening the Republican Senate Majority and electing Republicans to the United States Senate.

We provide invaluable support and assistance to current and prospective Republican U.S. Senate candidates in the areas of budget planning, election law compliance, fundraising, communications tools and messaging, and research and strategy.

https://www.nrsc.org/about-nrsc/
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Francoflier

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:38 am

Well, how about that. There is a Deep State after all...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Aaron747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
A few notably tweets

By Greg Palast.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/ ... 5792734208

We'd like to report one of the instigators of the #DCRIOTS.

His names's Ali Alexander and he works with the National Republican Senate Committee.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/ ... 9364494344 (includes 2 min long video clip

, who’d been tracking Ali Alexander’s pitch for mayhem across the nation, signed up undercover to work with Ali — and was surprised to receive instructions from Daniel George of the Republican Senate Committee. #DCRIOTS

By Zach D Roberts:

https://twitter.com/zdroberts/status/13 ... 9954048000
A series of 9 tweets related to:
The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) & Georgia Republican Party seems to be directly working with Ali Alexander's "Stop the Steal" Organization.

Articles:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/us/p ... rters.html

The roots of one of the darkest moments in American democracy reached at least as far back as Nov. 4, the day after the presidential election that Mr. Trump would decisively lose to Mr. Biden. On that day, the first Stop the Steal group was formed on Facebook — and it quickly took off, realizing at one point 100 new members every 10 seconds. The group swelled to 320,000 followers before Facebook shut it down.

Several right-wing activists, including Ali Alexander, a Republican operative who was previously known as Ali Akbar, began to emerge as leaders of Stop the Steal. Their conspiracy theories and fact-free claims of electoral fraud closely mirrored the same baseless charges being leveled by Mr. Trump.

On Jan. 6.

Mr. Alexander and others seized on the date, urging Trump supporters everywhere to converge onto the Capitol as Congress tended to what historically has been a glorified shuffling of papers — if sometimes infused with grace, as when Vice President Al Gore announced the names of the winner, George W. Bush, and the loser: Al Gore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -its-apex/

Ali Alexander is a right-wing personality who has worked with a rogue’s gallery of notorious characters in that world: Alex Jones, Roger Stone, Jacob Wohl, Laura Loomer, you name it. A decade ago, he was flitting around on the fringes of the conservative movement where his past legal troubles contributed to scrutiny of his efforts to raise funds for an online publishing venture. Now, he identifies himself as “national organizer” for “Stop the Steal,” an organization which adopts the tagline of President Trump’s ploy to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.gregpalast.com/why-did-the- ... nstigator/

[Atlanta] The star of the GOP’s get-out-the-vote door-knocking program in the Georgia Senate run-off, standing next to Alex Jones, was blasting his threat through a megaphone in front of the Governor’s home. “We’ll light the whole sh*t on fire!”

Ali Alexander’s threat in December would become all too real when he repeated his performance on January 6 in Washington, DC.

In the US Capitol that day, looking over the scene of screams, teargas, and mayhem, Alexander said, “I warned you this would happen.”

Yes, he did. Nevertheless, the Georgia Republican Party’s Metro Atlanta Field Director Kevin Mason was more than happy to team up with Alexander. With his huge reach within the Alt-Right, Alexander could bring in a swarm of volunteers for the door-knocking campaign they desperately needed to hold back the looming Democratic victory in the US Senate run-offs.

https://www.vox.com/recode/22221285/tru ... r-facebook

Ali Alexander, a far-right activist and conspiracy theorist, posted a video to YouTube on Christmas Day, urging people to come to Washington, DC, on the day that Congress would finalize Joe Biden’s election to the US presidency.

With a triumphant soundtrack, the video features President Trump at a rally declaring, “We will never give in. We will never give up, and we will never back down. We will never ever surrender.” It urges people to register to attend on a website, WildProtest.com, directing them to get to the Capitol building by 1 pm on the day of the event. The website even offered to help people find rides to get there.

As we all have understood by now, this was a well organizes coup attempt with roots deep into the republican party.

About NRSC:

The NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) is the only national organization solely devoted to strengthening the Republican Senate Majority and electing Republicans to the United States Senate.

We provide invaluable support and assistance to current and prospective Republican U.S. Senate candidates in the areas of budget planning, election law compliance, fundraising, communications tools and messaging, and research and strategy.

https://www.nrsc.org/about-nrsc/

That’s a great summary, thanks.

I would just be careful sourcing things from Vox because they are sometimes unreliable and have failed fact checks.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vox/amp/
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ltbewr
Topic Author

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:20 am

The Capitol PD officer that died has a name: Brian Sicknick. He was from New Jersey, He has served in the NJ National Guard 1997-2003 and deployed 2 times to the ME. He has been a CPD officer since 2008. He apparently died of injuries sustained in the riot.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what- ... uxbndlbing

it is believed he was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, had gone back to the CHP HQ office and became ill. That would suggest severe brain trauma, the effects of which can often be delayed minutes or hours. He should get full military honors and could lie in state in the rotunda of the Capitol building he helped protect. Speaker Pelosi has ordered the Capitol flags flown at half-staff and is also happening in cities across the country. An investigation is underway and if anyone can be identified as his attacker, they will face charges of murder of a Federal police officer and upon conviction could sent to Federal prison, (hopefully the Supermax) for life.

BN747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:20 am

"Several right-wing activists, including Ali Alexander, a Republican operative who was previously known as Ali Akbar,"

So do I have this right? An Al Qaeda operative has fused with the GOP to accomplish what OBL couldn't do?

Well after seeing a plane load of GOP Congressmen follow KGB Agent Maria Butina, her boobs and cash prizes to Moscow under the guise of Putin allowing the forming of a Russian IRA!

Then I guess this makes sense .. the GOP has their own Deep State/Black Ops teams doing the biz.

-------------

Re the Trump Insurrection, can't FBI IT guys ping every phone cell (number) in the Capitol between the breach hour until the place was cleared?

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

SQ22

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:23 am

A friendly reminder: Please provide a link to your source when stating facts or make it clear you are posting your opinion and not a fact.

In addition: Please be careful when using social media as a source. Copied from forum rules (see 2.d.):

3. Users should be cautious of linking to social media pages as source material for news. Unless the social media source is from a verified source (for example: directly from an airline’s Twitter page), it should be considered unconfirmed or speculation.
4. For the purposes of this rule, “social media” includes Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, or any other similar websites.

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am

Aaron747 wrote:
That’s a great summary, thanks.

I would just be careful sourcing things from Vox because they are sometimes unreliable and have failed fact checks.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vox/amp/

Thanks for the heads up.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Lilienthal

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:20 am

Stumbled upon this opinion piece in the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung. Here's an excerpt. It's quite strong but...fitting:

"With the people that stormed the Capitol, dialog has become impossible. The same goes for millions of Trump supporters across the Country. They've developed into an anger-machine, fueled by burning rage, conspiracy theories and a deep-rooted fear of a changing world. To put it pompously, Trumpism means a renunciation of the principles of enlightenment and man's return to his self-imposed mental immaturity. Simply put, one might just say that the country has been hijacked by idiots."

(9.1.21, got it from print, don't have a link)

art

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:30 am

From preceding posts including additional videos to the first one posted, I do not think this was a simple attempt to interrupt the certification of the EC votes. I think the video I saw in which the intruders were urged to be on their 'best behaviour' was stage-managed for show, the intention being to create a 'good' impression pf the intruders concerned while elsewhere in the building rioters were engaging in far more nefarious activity.

With allegations of people inside the political system being involved, I see a Capitolgate investigations lasting a long time,

WIederling

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:00 pm

BN747 wrote:
"Several right-wing activists, including Ali Alexander, a Republican operative who was previously known as Ali Akbar,"

So do I have this right? An Al Qaeda operative has fused with the GOP to accomplish what OBL couldn't do?

ROFL.
No. Dyed in the wool right winger.
Murphy is an optimist

WIederling

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:50 pm

WIederling wrote:
BN747 wrote:

ROFL.

don't know what to make of this snippet in conjunction with Mr. AliA:
Greg Palast
@Greg_Palast

ref: https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/ ... 0563566594
Murphy is an optimist

zkojq

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:46 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
Therein lies a fundamental American injustice. White Americans will never get the same treatment that was once generously afforded to the Natives. Whites men never to fight for the right to vote.

That's a good point - had never thought of it from this perspective.

casinterest wrote:
These Trump supporters are brutal to people that break cult rules.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/0 ... tor-456592
Several people repeatedly loudly yelled at the South Carolina Republican that he was a “traitor.” One woman called him a “liar,” while another said, “You work for the people, you work for us, do you hear me?” They promised not to touch him as he was surrounded by security.

One of them said he should be sent to Guantanamo. These people think that people who accept the election results are on the same level as 9-11 terrorists. There is no reasoning with them whatsoever. Can't say I feel too sorry for senator Graham though - he helped make the monster so he shouldn't be too surprised when it turns around and bites him.

On the other hand, I do feel very sorry for Mitt Romney who was verbally abused at an airport for calling out Trump's nonsense.

ArcticSEA wrote:
"Four people were killed in Benghazi, and we had hundreds of hours of hearings. Four [five now] people died in the U.S. Capitol grounds."
There is hell to pay, and Trump's life is about to be a living hell.

If Hillary Clinton had to testify in a Benghazi hearing for 12 hours straight then Donald, Rudy, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley should be made to do the same. There were ten investigations into Benghazi by congress - not sure how many would be appropriate for this situation.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
I can see how things are going to go. The horrible events of January the 6th which both sides agreed were horrible, are being taken by advantage by the Democrats and now raising the race tensions by saying how police was better with the Trump supporters than with BLM, that's despite a Pro-Trump white unarmed woman being killed by police.

So you think that BLM protesters haven't been killed by police? Also, remind me how many buildings that BLM has tried to blow up with Pipe Bombs?

SL1200MK2 wrote:
He’s just too busy packing for Thailand and all the hotties he’s gonna be chillin’ with.

But Thailand has "socialised medicine'!

Francoflier wrote:
Well, how about that. There is a Deep State after all...

:rotfl: Well done - best comment of this thread.

flipdewaf wrote:
Wouldn’t need to in Russia, pootin is more competent than Trump and has managed his coup more successfully. We know what happens to people who oppose putin, it involves novichok and disinformation campaigns.

Or falling backwards out of windows from tall buildings with a bullet or two in the back of one's head.
First to fly the 787-9

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:05 pm

The man with lectern has been arrested according to Miami Herald. Apparently he has five kids who now won't have a father.

Florida resident Adam Christian Johnson, the man captured in viral photo carrying Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s lectern from House chambers during the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, has been arrested.

Johnson, 36, was booked into the Pinellas County jail on Friday night. According to jail records, he is being held is being held on a federal warrant.

The FBI was searching for Johnson, who was quickly identified on social media by local residents as the man seen in the photo carrying the lectern during the riot.

Johnson is a stay-at-home-dad who lives with his wife and their five children in their Parrish home.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 90100.html

BN747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:06 pm

WIederling wrote:
WIederling wrote:
BN747 wrote:

ROFL.

The snippet is the commonly understood anti-Muslim trope running in GOP veins...except when they are running deep pockets then they are cool, acceptable.

An arab dude organizing this widespread operation under this western moniker 'Ali Alexander'? That GOP crowd loves saying Barack HUSSEIN Obama for a reason. Sorry you don't 'get it'.

The highly uncommon unified associations of this Arab character so warmly embraced and welcomed by GOP operatives on this level is a very scary thought that commands suspicions of all sorts, were it setting up a picnic...no problem but the involvement on this level is daunting to say the least.

For this guy to knit together this network of dangerous haters so strategically...begs the question of origins and enablers. Unless of course he's an extended Bin Salmaan relative or similar standing.

BN747

BN747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:21 pm

A question for 'in the know' phone industry types..
The mapping of cell phone activity of the among those within the Capitol before the attack...
A mapping of active devices at the moment of barrier breaches, would shoot through the roof...nonetheless, all this movement/activity (as they recorded themselves with endless selfies and forwarding them) and then activity subsides as the place is cleared.

An imaging of all this must exist in some digital form or another..basically, the Feds know every single cell phone number in the entire structure - the easy divide is revealed when comparing the regular visitors/staff vs the unusual suspects.

That Building has to have telecom security (oversight & monitoring) measures and counter measures up the ass...second only to 1600 Pennsylvania.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tugger

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:21 pm

I think the one thing the DC riots prove is the stupidity of people who are followers. The idiot with the lectern, just smiling at the camera, not thinking, he was probably just "having fun", justifying the law breaking as nothing big, just being there, etc. The goofy smile and wave, these people are not thinking.

The terrible thing about that though, is that these mindless followers are used by and hide the much more dangerous actions of others like Trump and the creepy-ass guy in cammo/tactical gear and his full face hidden, with the zip cuffs. This is herd mentality and a wild running herd destroys things and is dangerous and provides a venue for anything intelligent within the herd to do even worse. The smart ones know this and use these people (no, not making any excuses for them).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

BN747

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Tugger wrote:
I think the one thing the DC riots prove is the stupidity of people who are followers. The idiot with the lectern, just smiling at the camera, not thinking, he was probably just "having fun", justifying the law breaking as nothing big, just being there, etc. The goofy smile and wave, these people are not thinking.

The terrible thing about that though, is that these mindless followers are used by and hide the much more dangerous actions of others like Trump and the creepy-ass guy in cammo/tactical gear and his full face hidden, with the zip cuffs. This is herd mentality and a wild running herd destroys things and is dangerous and provides a venue for anything intelligent within the herd to do even worse. The smart ones know this and use these people (no, not making any excuses for them).

Tugg

..and this is only 'the dry run', they intend to return. This time more organized, more focused and with strategic precision.

We've gone from the ring out to kidnap and execute Gov. Witmer to the Michigan State House raid to THIS.

The momentum is increasing or moving forward...not backwards or subsiding.

Whatever agency or op behind all this sent the guinea pigs or canaries into coal mine (accompanied by recon teams) ...the intel gathered will assure the next attack - a devastating one..it'll make 9/11 seem like fire crackers at the beach.

More to come for sure.

WIederling

Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:35 pm

BN747 wrote:
WIederling wrote:

The snippet is the commonly understood anti-Muslim trope running in GOP veins...except when they are running deep pockets then they are cool, acceptable.

BN747

you snipped and ?ignored? the more interesting part about Mr. AiiA and his concern getting guidance/coop from inside the Capitol from GOP officials.
Murphy is an optimist

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:48 pm

More proof how how the Republican party is involved in the riot.

Before the riot there were robocall coming from Republican Attorneys General Association, call that encouraged people to march towards Capitol Hill.

An arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association, a national group representing the top law enforcement officers in their states, sent out robocalls encouraging people to march to the U.S. Capitol the day before the building was stormed by a pro-Trump mob.

The calls, which did not advocate violence or suggest the building should be breached, was sent out by the Rule of Law Defense Fund, a fundraising arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association. The groups share funding, staff and office space in Washington, D.C.

In a statement to NBC News, Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall, who runs the fund, said the calls were sent out without his knowledge.

A website set up to promote the rally that preceded the Capitol incursion lists the Rule of Law Defense Fund as one of the participating organizations. The site has since been taken down.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/re ... l-n1253581

Then there is the Ginni Thomas, wife of SCOTUS judge Clarence Thomas, who cheered on the rally that later invaded the Congress. Her tweet was posted before the riot started
but no comments have been made from her after that.

On Wednesday morning, Ginni Thomas—wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas—endorsed the rally in Washington demanding that Congress overturn the election. She then sent her “LOVE” to the demonstrators, who violently overtook the Capitol several hours later. Two days later, Thomas amended her post with the addendum: “[Note: written before violence in US Capitol].” By that point, five people involved in the insurrection, including a Capitol Police officer, had died.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... -riot.html

art

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:

Before the riot there were robocall coming from Republican Attorneys General Association, call that encouraged people to march towards Capitol Hill.

An arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association, a national group representing the top law enforcement officers in their states, sent out robocalls encouraging people to march to the U.S. Capitol the day before the building was stormed by a pro-Trump mob.

The calls, which did not advocate violence or suggest the building should be breached, was sent out by the Rule of Law Defense Fund, a fundraising arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association. The groups share funding, staff and office space in Washington, D.C.

Anything wrong with encouraging people to manifest their discontent? In a totalitarian state that would be seen so. What's the position in the US?

luckyone

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:25 pm

art wrote:
Thunderboltdrgn wrote:

Anything wrong with encouraging people to manifest their discontent? In a totalitarian state that would be seen so. What's the position in the US?

The problem is their base and justification of "discontent" was pure poppycock and shown to be horsesqueeze in over SIXTY lawsuits. They shamelessly beat the drum of "fraud," "irregularities," and whatever other talking points that we've been hearing on a loop since election day that has played fast and loose with facts and the truth. The GOP has been playing with populist fire since the Tea Party, and it has finally, unequivocally, exploded on them.

The criminal analogy would be manslaughter. They didn't intend to hurt anybody, but they played a role in people getting hurt and DYING, not to mention the whole potential subversion of democracy thing.
Last edited by luckyone on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.