Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Virtual737
Topic Author

Trump Impeachment "Trial" Underway

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:20 am

I put trial in brackets because those casting judgement have huge conflicts of interest (on both sides) and, in a normal trial that you are me might face, said conflict of interest would have them dismissed from jury duty faster than a fast thing on speed of light day.

So far, Senators have been sworn in, with 45 of them calling the trial unconstitutional. Some pros and cons for the trial:

Pros
1.) Trump potentially committed a serious crime - he should face some kind of judgement.
2.) Stops future presidents believing they can do anything they like in their last days in office as they are effectively untouchable.
3.) The potential offence was so serious that, if he was convicted, he would face a further vote to bar him from all high office.

Cons
1.) Further split an already heavily divided electorate.
2.) He's already out of office.
3.) The majority needed is easy to defeat due to bi-partisan politics. It's not just a simple majority that is needed.

What are your thoughts on this?

NIKV69

Re: Trump Impeachment "Trial" Underway

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:36 am

If he committed a serious crime why isn’t he being investigated by DC police and arrested for inciting a riot? He doesn’t have immunity anymore. He is out of office.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

Virtual737
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:39 am

NIKV69 wrote:
If he committed a serious crime why isn’t he being investigated by DC police and arrested for inciting a riot? He doesn’t have immunity anymore. He is out of office.

I'm not an expert by any means, but the crimes in question were committed while in office as President, so impeachment by the House and then trial by the Senate is the course of action to take. If he commits crimes now then he would be investigated by the same agencies that any other civilian would. I believe the President (would like to know if there are any other positions too) is unique in being almost immune to normal prosecution.

MaverickM11

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:11 am

Virtual737 wrote:
1.) Further split an already heavily divided electorate.

GOP 2020/1--you can murder someone but getting charged with that murder is divisive
I don't take responsibility at all

Virtual737
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:35 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
GOP 2020/1--you can murder someone but getting charged with that murder is divisive

Indeed. I was trying to not sound biased, but it's rather difficult.

Aaron747

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Because of precedent for crimes committed while in high office. In 1876 the Secretary of War was embroiled in a graft scandal, and he resigned before impeachment proceedings were finalized. The Senate held an impeachment trial anyway.

A federal judge who joined the Confederacy in 1862 was also impeached after leaving office, and the Senate held his trial.

In any case the GOP is setting a very strange security precedent here. Intern sex lies? Impeachable. Inciting insurrection? Nay.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tommy1808

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:48 am

NIKV69 wrote:
If he committed a serious crime why isn’t he being investigated by DC police

how do you know he isn´t?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

ltbewr

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 pm

The after-office Impeachment trial of now ex-President Trump for his acts as President is going to fail to convict him, but it will still be a stain on Trump forever in his remaining life and in history. It is necessary to hold this trial to also put the Republicans who supported him on historical records of their complicity by supporting him it led to an act of violent insurrection, threats to the Congress members and others that is unacceptable. The idea that a conviction in an Impeachment trial is to keep Trump from running for President or any other office in the future isn't necessary. Trump is likely to be financial destroyed due to his severe debts, mismanagement, bad investments, his name now worthless to license, cheating and fraud on taxes of his companies and himself, insurance and financial fraud, convicted or a plea deal on felony charges, possibly jail time, so won't be able to run for office again anyway.

bennett123

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:07 pm

It will be interesting to see how many Republicans vote against impeachment.

Hopefully the public, beyond the MAGA crowd will take note.

casinterest

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:57 pm

bennett123 wrote:

So far it looks like 45. They will be seen as Anti-Constitution, Anti-American, and Anti-Law and Order. But they will be good cult members for Trump and those left behind.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

Virtual737
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:20 pm

bennett123 wrote:

I wasn't aware of the technicalities before Trump brought them back to the spotlight, but he has already been impeached. The Senate vote will not undo that. Impeachment is the act of the House, which then sends the articles of impeachment to the Senate to vote whether to convict.

No President in history has been convicted after impeachment, just like no President before Trump had ever been impeached twice. As has been said by others, if insurrection isn't an impeachable offence then what is. I guess the gOp (the only word in that title I think is relevant is capitalised) is about to show everyone, for the thousandth time, exactly how much they stand for law and order.

art

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:40 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I'm not an expert by any means, but the crimes in question were committed while in office as President, so impeachment by the House and then trial by the Senate is the course of action to take. If he commits crimes now then he would be investigated by the same agencies that any other civilian would. I believe the President (would like to know if there are any other positions too) is unique in being almost immune to normal prosecution.

In the US I, as President, could walk down Fifth Avenue, shoot someone in broad daylight, be tried by the Senate and be found not guilty of homicide.

Trial by the Senate is a ridiculous tragicomedy due the jurors' absence of integrity.

Reinhardt

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm

art wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

In the US I, as President, could walk down Fifth Avenue, shoot someone in broad daylight, be tried by the Senate and be found not guilty of homicide.

Trial by the Senate is a ridiculous tragicomedy due the jurors' absence of integrity.

I think everything that has happened the last four years including and especially this last election shows the US democractic system needs an overhaul. Times change. What the 'framers' put in place is no longer working.

phluser

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:21 pm

bennett123 wrote:

For the impeachment conviction - we have the 5 that voted with Democrats on the procedural vote triggered by Rand Paul.

If any more can be persuaded, my guess is it will be from this list

Chuck Grassley
Dan Sullivan
Deb Fischer
Jerry Moran
John Boozman
John Thune
Joni Ernst
Marco Rubio
Mike Crapo
Mike Rounds
Mitch McConnell
Richard Burr (retiring from Senate)
Rob Portman (retiring from Senate)
Roy Blunt
Shelly Moore Capito
Thom Thillis
Tim Scott

Granted, I don't know their profiles that well, but they seem not as much in the group including hard core loyalist to Trump, pro Confederacy, supports view that election was stolen, compared to the remaining Republican senators, that are more in that type of profile.

It'll be very challenging get 12 more, but if Mitch decides, possibly he can persuade a few more as well.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:21 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

It would be the lead story on cable news. This is all symbolic. If anyone should be investigated for inciting a riot it’s Rudy, his speech was far worse and its better evidence than Trumps.

casinterest

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:25 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

It would be the lead story on cable news. This is all symbolic. If anyone should be investigated for inciting a riot it’s Rudy, his speech was far worse and its better evidence than Trumps.

Wow, this is progress. Not denying what happened, and then trying to decide who did the most riot incitement.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

skyservice_330

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:58 pm

It will be interesting to see if they can get anyone that was at the planning meeting for the insurrection, on Jan 5 at the Trump Hotel, to testify publicly.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:11 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

It would be the lead story on cable news.

It would be after it becomes public knowledge. There have been plenty of indictments that came as a complete surprise after years of investigation.
You have no way of knowing if there is an investigation or how far along it is, you only know there isn't an indictment not under seal.

Best regards
Thomas

NIKV69

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:34 pm

casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Wow, this is progress. Not denying what happened, and then trying to decide who did the most riot incitement.

A court of law isn’t the CNN news room. You actually have to prove your case and I am sorry but I don’t see anything in Trump’s speech that meets that criteria. No matter how much the Trump Derangement exists. Again if his actions were such a slam dunk he would be under arrest already.

casinterest

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:40 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

A court of law isn’t the CNN news room. You actually have to prove your case and I am sorry but I don’t see anything in Trump’s speech that meets that criteria. No matter how much the Trump Derangement exists. Again if his actions were such a slam dunk he would be under arrest already.

He helped incite a riot, and he brought the rioters to Washington with his lies and campaign money. I would be happy to see that case in a court of law, but i will also revel in seeing it in front of the Senate, where cowardly McConnell can no longer just ignore it.

seb146

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

How many times did right wing media scream and cry that Obama is a secret Muslim and will institute Sharia law any second? We have the actual transcripts of the MAGA king telling his followers to fight or they will lose their country moments before they broke into the Capital. Zero evidence at all that Obama was a Muslim or wanted to force Sharia on us. But, believe the right wing media.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

tommy1808

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

How many times did right wing media scream and cry that Obama is a secret Muslim and will institute Sharia law any second? We have the actual transcripts of the MAGA king telling his followers to fight or they will lose their country moments before they broke into the Capital. Zero evidence at all that Obama was a Muslim or wanted to force Sharia on us. But, believe the right wing media.....

I think OC lawyers will have a merry good time with facebook and twitter when it comes to jurors in the future. By the standards applied to Trump pretty much no Mafia boss could ever be convicted for anything. So, just get one or two of those on the Jury and their client is as good as acquitted.

Best regards
Thomas

moo

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:49 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
A court of law isn’t the CNN news room. You actually have to prove your case

Excellent point, can you and every other Trump supporter please apply this to all the allegations about voting fraud and stolen elections before making any further posts anywhere on that topic. Thanks!

meecrob

Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
If anyone should be investigated for inciting a riot it’s Rudy, his speech was far worse and its better evidence than Trumps.

And who asked Giuliani to make that speech? Or are you claiming he just sorta wandered by the rally and, completely of his own volition, decided to make a speech on the spot with zero pre-meditation?

slider

Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:55 pm

You can't impeach a private citizen.

If the Dems were smart, they'd move past this.

art

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
A court of law isn’t the CNN news room.

Meither is it a Fox news room. IMO they are both rooms disseminating tedious propaganda.

scbriml

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:40 pm

slider wrote:

Trump was impeached while he was still president.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ER757

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 am

Virtual737 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I am no expert either but I don't believe the president is completely "above the law." If he were to commit a crime I would think he could be arrested and put on civil trial. In this particular case I believe he did commit a crime and should be arrested for inciting a riot. The impeachment trial is a waste of time IMO. The sooner this despicable individual's name is out of anything government-related, the better.

seb146

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 am

slider wrote:

Just let MAGA get away with whatever they want. Don't bother punishing them, they learned their lesson. Stop harassing poor MAGA people. Just get over it. We need unity. We need to do whatever MAGA Republicans want because that is unity!

Did I get all the current talking points?

Hillary was a private citizen when she testified under oath for 11 hours because "move past it" Benghazi Republicans. Oh, but that is not the same or something?

NYCVIE

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 am

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Well porque no los dos? :scratchchin:

NYCVIE

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Remember the article of impeachment covers his efforts to incite the insurrection which include his speech but ALSO his prior efforts to overturn the election including the documented hour long call he had with Raffensberger which clearly document his attempt to obstruct the certification of the Electoral College votes. That is irrefutable.

I also think TDS should really represent the people who see and hear what he does and then work overtime to try to make those things not mean what they actually mean. When Trump initially started his fraud BS you had Republicans on TV saying "give him time, he's obviously upset." If that isn't deranged I don't know what is.

casinterest

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:26 am

scbriml wrote:
slider wrote:

Trump was impeached while he was still president.

Not only that, he still has Presidential benefits that can be stripped away. He needs to tried in the Senate, where the Trump Cultists that want to avoid their need to honor their oaths of office can't turn away.

afcjets

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:56 am

ltbewr wrote:
The after-office Impeachment trial of now ex-President Trump for his acts as President is going to fail to convict him, but it will still be a stain on Trump forever in his remaining life and in history. It is necessary to hold this trial to also put the Republicans who supported him on historical records of their complicity by supporting him it led to an act of violent insurrection, threats to the Congress members and others that is unacceptable. The idea that a conviction in an Impeachment trial is to keep Trump from running for President or any other office in the future isn't necessary. Trump is likely to be financial destroyed due to his severe debts, mismanagement, bad investments, his name now worthless to license, cheating and fraud on taxes of his companies and himself, insurance and financial fraud, convicted or a plea deal on felony charges, possibly jail time, so won't be able to run for office again anyway.

I am glad Trump is being impeached twice. Just like a double negative they cancel each other out ;)

In all seriousness for centuries to come future generations will realize it totally was a witch hunt, with two unsuccessful and absurd impeachments.

I am glad you aren't wanting him impeached so he can't run again. The media and Democrats sound so desperate and pathetic when they use that as justification for impeaching after his presidency. The irony of them crying undermining democracy when they want to make damn sure it's undermined should the people want Trump again after Biden is done with us.

They're absolutely going to convict him for something, likely taxes. But the real crime IMO is he dared to run and actually win as an outsider and upset the apple cart/gravy train of the political establishment.

afcjets

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:05 am

seb146 wrote:
We have the actual transcripts of the MAGA king telling his followers to fight or they will lose their country moments before they broke into the Capital. .

Imagine that, a politician talking about fighting for your rights. I think fight might be one of the top five words the former non-tribal Native American DNC presidential candidate used during her campaign.

I missed the part where Trump said we need to hang Pence and Pelosi.

seb146

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:11 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
We have the actual transcripts of the MAGA king telling his followers to fight or they will lose their country moments before they broke into the Capital. .

Imagine that, a politician talking about fighting for your rights. I think fight might be one of the top five words the former non-tribal Native American DNC presidential candidate used during her campaign.

He said his followers need to fight or their country will be lost

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-t ... 8e653ed08d

But I guess it is not his fault when "fight like hell or your country will be lost" is translated to "take up arms and get rid of everyone who disagrees with us".

Can you please link to where any Native DNC presidential candidate asked followers to take up arms against their own country? Thank you in advance!

seb146

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:16 am

afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

I am glad Trump is being impeached twice. Just like a double negative they cancel each other out ;)

In all seriousness for centuries to come future generations will realize it totally was a witch hunt, with two unsuccessful and absurd impeachments.

I am glad you aren't wanting him impeached so he can't run again. The media and Democrats sound so desperate and pathetic when they use that as justification for impeaching after his presidency. The irony of them crying undermining democracy when they want to make damn sure it's undermined should the people want Trump again after Biden is done with us.

They're absolutely going to convict him for something, likely taxes. But the real crime IMO is he dared to run and actually win as an outsider and upset the apple cart/gravy train of the political establishment.

I am going to be controversial but parallel:

George Floyd was impeached. That is: he was sus. There was enough evidence to send the former "president" to trial twice. Unlike George Floyd who was convicted by the officer (in this case, the Senate) but no evidence was supplied. Simply speculation. That is what you are saying. One needs to be convicted because of suspicion, the other does not need to be investigated at all because of suspicion.

Maybe we need to hold ALL Americans to the same standard? Just asking

afcjets

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:37 am

seb146 wrote:
He said his followers need to fight or their country will be lost

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-t ... 8e653ed08d

But I guess it is not his fault when "fight like hell or your country will be lost" is translated to "take up arms and get rid of everyone who disagrees with us".

Can you please link to where any Native DNC presidential candidate asked followers to take up arms against their own country? Thank you in advance!

No, and I can't link to any Republican presidential candidate who did either.
Last edited by afcjets on Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

afcjets

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 am

seb146 wrote:

George Floyd was impeached. That is: he was sus. There was enough evidence to send the former "president" to trial twice. Unlike George Floyd who was convicted by the officer (in this case, the Senate) but no evidence was supplied. Simply speculation. That is what you are saying. One needs to be convicted because of suspicion, the other does not need to be investigated at all because of suspicion.

Can you link to any post of mine where I said George Floyd should have been convicted, or worse murdered by the cop? If you look I believe you will find I said the opposite of that.

MaverickM11

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:54 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And yet all your flying monkey "6 million is not enough" republican friends with their home made gallows said literally into the camera this was because of Trump, planned in advance by repulbicans, supported by the majority of republicans, in between bludgeoning a cop with a fire extinguisher or American flag because #bluelivesmatter and #respectthteflag and so on. By the way 3 cops have died as a result of the republican insurrection on January 6--that's three more killed than Antifa, ever. On what planet does a leader watch his own coup from a heated tent with his family while listening to Laura Brannigan's "Gloria" and slow rolling any response to, you know, save his own VP? So in all your unhinged white rage you've managed to a) lose the House, b) lose the Senate c) lose the Presidency, and d) show the world that the only thing that drives you is incoherent, barely literate blood lust that will literally murder anyone in its way, and then pretend it never happened. Deplorable was being charitable.

But I coulda told you that 5 years ago.

slider wrote:

Or what, y'all will be more violent and unhinged? Bad news, Rittenhouse/Taylor Greene/Boebert are way ahead of you. I think I'll pass on the Constitutional hot takes from the sedition party.
I don't take responsibility at all

ltbewr

Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:40 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Impeachment in the USA Federal context is mainly about removal from office. It can also and has been most frequently used or threatened to be used to force resignations of Presidential Cabinet members and Federal Judges. It is a check and balance of the Congress on the Executive and Judiciary branches for abuses of their office, statutory criminal acts and to prevent them from holding public office again. It is also to be a deterrent to any future President (or office holder it can be used with) from committing acts that could cause its use. That it takes 2/3rds of the US Senate to convict is also to limit political misuse of Impeachment. It also cannot prevent continued Federal or state statutory criminal and civil prosecution although in a practical sense it limits it. Donald Trump presents a unique situation, one that needs to be addressed as he actively sought to overturn the 2020 election by pressure on states (his pressure on Georgia officials is a part of the Charge of Impeachment).

wirkey

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:53 pm

slider wrote:

He is still officially called Mr. President, isn't he? And not Mr. Trump

Virtual737
Topic Author

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

He has an orange face with panda bear cutouts around the eyes. That alone should get him charged with something.

seb146

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:15 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Can you link to any post of mine where I said George Floyd should have been convicted, or worse murdered by the cop? If you look I believe you will find I said the opposite of that.

Any time anyone speaks out in favor of cops.

George Floyd may or may not have committed a crime. The one officer held his own trial and decided that whatever Floyd did was perishable by death. We see the outcome of a leader telling his followers they must fight or they will lose their country and, in doing so, killed five people.

Four people were killed in Benghazi. Hillary took responsibility. She did not order the Libyans to attack. She offered extra security to the Americans. She testified under oath. But, we can't have anyone punished for the attempted coup of January 6.

As for your other post, you know why you can't post a link to a Democratic presidential candidate inciting violence? Because it never happened!

seb146

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:18 pm

ltbewr wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Impeachment in the USA Federal context is mainly about removal from office. It can also and has been most frequently used or threatened to be used to force resignations of Presidential Cabinet members and Federal Judges. It is a check and balance of the Congress on the Executive and Judiciary branches for abuses of their office, statutory criminal acts and to prevent them from holding public office again. It is also to be a deterrent to any future President (or office holder it can be used with) from committing acts that could cause its use. That it takes 2/3rds of the US Senate to convict is also to limit political misuse of Impeachment. It also cannot prevent continued Federal or state statutory criminal and civil prosecution although in a practical sense it limits it. Donald Trump presents a unique situation, one that needs to be addressed as he actively sought to overturn the 2020 election by pressure on states (his pressure on Georgia officials is a part of the Charge of Impeachment).

I bothers a lot of people that he did things to incite violence but Republicans are saying he should not be punished at all because he is now out of office. What does that say to others who have these aspirations? It says that, as long as they are Republican, they will not be punished but, instead, celebrated.

LMP737

Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Not one person, that I'm aware of, has said they were there because Rudy Giuliani said they should be there. More than one person who has been arrested has said that they were there because Trump told them to be there.

NIKV69 wrote:

Then there's Trump Apologist Syndrome which causes people to either ignore, excuse or try and pin his misdeeds on other people.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

LMP737

Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:47 pm

ER757 wrote:
I am no expert either but I don't believe the president is completely "above the law." If he were to commit a crime I would think he could be arrested and put on civil trial. In this particular case I believe he did commit a crime and should be arrested for inciting a riot. The impeachment trial is a waste of time IMO. The sooner this despicable individual's name is out of anything government-related, the better.

I think he's more than proven the president is above the law.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

AirframeAS

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:52 am

The only thing I want to see out of this "trial" is to see Trump banned from being elected to office. If we are to prosper as a nation, we cannot elect someone like him ever again. This "experiment" of Trump in office was one that went so, so bad to the point that most Americans are embarrassed.

Honestly, I don't care if he gets 'convicted'. I just don't think he should be eligible to run for office ever again. The guy was never a politician to begin with (he admitted that himself), and he screwed that up royally as POTUS.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

seb146

Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:38 pm

AirframeAS wrote:
The only thing I want to see out of this "trial" is to see Trump banned from being elected to office. If we are to prosper as a nation, we cannot elect someone like him ever again. This "experiment" of Trump in office was one that went so, so bad to the point that most Americans are embarrassed.

Honestly, I don't care if he gets 'convicted'. I just don't think he should be eligible to run for office ever again. The guy was never a politician to begin with (he admitted that himself), and he screwed that up royally as POTUS.

There are politicians who will use what he did and go with it so it happens again. Then what? He needs to be held accountable and so do the elected officials who enabled him.

AirframeAS

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:44 am

seb146 wrote:
AirframeAS wrote:

There are politicians who will use what he did and go with it so it happens again. Then what?

Then we will deal with that politician when we cross that bridge. Hopefully, we won't have to go through this crap again.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

Virtual737
Topic Author

Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:59 am

AirframeAS wrote:
Then we will deal with that politician when we cross that bridge. Hopefully, we won't have to go through this crap again.

I believe that is why this trial should go ahead. Otherwise the US is basically inviting it to happen again as there would be almost zero consequences.

What makes a total mockery of the "trial" is that 50% of the "judges" are potentially biased one way and the others the other way. If it was a real court of law you would expect anyone with even the slightest conflict of interest to recuse themselves.