Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alfa164

Re: Let's talk about your top goosebumps songs

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:05 am

jackmlt wrote:
Let's talk about your top goosebumps songs?

Many years ago, I was given a VHS tape of Harry Chapin's final concert in Hamilton, Ontario; he was killed on his way home from that performance. I had never seen - maybe I hadn't even heard of - him before, but I was sleepless one night and decided to put it in the player. I was enthralled; I would play a song, then rewind it, turn the volume up, and play it again. From "Cat's in the Cradle" to "Taxi", to the lesser-known (but even better, in my opinion) "Remember When the Music", 'I want to Learn a Love Song", and, my personal favorite, "A Better Place to Be"... I was up for hours. Literally, I was up until dawn - with goosebumps.

I have since really enjoyed other great songs - many, like Dan Fogelberg's "Same Old Lang Syne" and the impeccable "Leader of the Band" - are more than songs; they are stories of a life. I started to see a pattern in my tastes. And they all were great.

But one other stands out. The one song I can't ever get over; the one song I can't get enough of; the one song I have demanded be played at my funeral... K.D. Lang's haunting rendition of Hallelujah. Her iconic version from the Canadian Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, with Leonard Cohen himself in the audience is fantastic, but I think her more distinctive, emotional version from the Juno Awards is even better. Like those Chapin songs, I have to back up, turn the volume up, and play it again - over and over. I never fail to get goosebumps. I can't imagine anyone failing to get goosebumps.

Listen. Then tell me I am wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE

MrHMSH

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:23 pm

Northern Highway - Martin Courtney. One of my favourite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvN4wroh2Wc

Flanker7

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:18 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Has to be the life version at the Mandela concert

Aesma

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 pm

CitizenJustin

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Mozart’s requiem, Bach’s Goldberg variations by Glenn Gould, Led Zeppelin’s Kashmir.

ER757

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Mozart’s requiem, Bach’s Goldberg variations by Glenn Gould, Led Zeppelin’s Kashmir.

The live version of Kashmir from Knebworth on the double DVD is one of the great live performances of all time. The Zep was firing on all cylinders that night

csturdiv

Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:56 am

It usually only happens during concerts. I can still feel the goosebumps the first time (way back in 94) when NIN closed out an amazing energy packed show wirh Hurt. I'm getting goosebumps now. A few years ago when Underworld had 4 shows in Sydney, I saw them the last two nights. And goosebumps for Dark Train and Dirty Epic. Not live, but a live recording, the Touch Me I'm Going To Scream performance on David Letterman by My Morning Jacket gets me each time I watch it.

A non live performance was wjen i recently discovered an old song from a band called Kent and their track 747.

AerBuzz

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:57 pm

For me, its whenever the last part of "Lilium" from Elfenlied comes up. But i mean the piano cover from Theishter from 2012.

scbriml

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:26 am

I can't believe we haven't had any smooth jazz suggestions. :duck:

Tiredofhumanity

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:23 am

https://youtu.be/8mGBaXPlri8

:duck: :fight:

Pretty bad, I know, but it was the first time I ever saw two girls near my age kiss.

Tiredofhumanity

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:32 am

csturdiv wrote:
It usually only happens during concerts. I can still feel the goosebumps the first time (way back in 94) when NIN closed out an amazing energy packed show wirh Hurt. I'm getting goosebumps now. A few years ago when Underworld had 4 shows in Sydney, I saw them the last two nights. And goosebumps for Dark Train and Dirty Epic. Not live, but a live recording, the Touch Me I'm Going To Scream performance on David Letterman by My Morning Jacket gets me each time I watch it.

A non live performance was wjen i recently discovered an old song from a band called Kent and their track 747.

"Hurt" and "Where Everything Belongs" do the same for me - I wish I could have been at least 14 or 15 in '94...

"Parabola" by Tool is another one... what a trip.

"Airlane" by Gary Numan is yet another, even if my dad was the one who introduced me to it. Was it about the 767?

DIRECTFLT

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:51 am

ER757 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

The live version of Kashmir from Knebworth on the double DVD is one of the great live performances of all time. The Zep was firing on all cylinders that night

"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin is special to me. I saw them perform this song in Ft. Worth in 1977, and it was the highlight of the concert. I have seen and heard performances done since, by way of YouTube, and the recorded live performance of Kashmir, based on audio quality, and performance, that most reminds me of the power and awesomeness I heard in 1977, was the 2007 O2 performance, as released on the album "Celebration Day." This was also released on an HD Audio Blu-ray disc.

https://youtu.be/bnsivzqodFU

Aaron747

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:46 am

The Eagles are popular to hate in recent years, but my dad used to blast them on roadtrips growing up, and this clip of ‘Lyin Eyes’ from DC in 1977 really hits me - from the glory of the backing vocal harmonies to Don Felder’s delicious harmonics and country fills on the Telecaster.

https://youtu.be/0q7kAVk66m4

ltbewr

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:11 am

Fallin' by Alicia Keys is one for me. It came out in 2001 and was on of her first hits. She wrote the song and does it with a down to the bone solefulness that hooked me and still gives me 'goosebumps' when I hear it. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=al ... E%26sp%3d3

lugie

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 am

Genre-wise, these are all over the place, but for every one of them the way they it gives me goosebumps has a slightly different reason (pure beauty/sadness of the song, memories/a single memory connected to it, ...)

Some Might Say - Oasis
Hey Jude - Beatles (particularly the naaa-na-na nananana outro)
Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves
Space Song - Beach House
On the Sea - Beach House
Good Morning - Kanye West

And if you include movie soundtracks, John Williams' Duel of the Fates and the Force Theme from Star Wars are both absolute musts.

ER757

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:07 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
ER757 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin is special to me. I saw them perform this song in Ft. Worth in 1977, and it was the highlight of the concert. I have seen and heard performances done since, by way of YouTube, and the recorded live performance of Kashmir, based on audio quality, and performance, that most reminds me of the power and awesomeness I heard in 1977, was the 2007 O2 performance, as released on the album "Celebration Day." This was also released on an HD Audio Blu-ray disc.

Saw Zep in Chicago during the 77 tour (their last in the US). I remember Kashmir vividly - Jimmy was playing "White Summer" solo while sitting in a chair, single spotlight on him. As he hit the last chord, he leapt up out of the chair hitting the ground as he played the first notes of "Kashmir and the entire stage lights up with the rest of the band behind him. He was wearing the white dragon outfit that night, truly a memorable moment that I'll never forget.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:06 pm

ER757 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Saw Zep in Chicago during the 77 tour (their last in the US). I remember Kashmir vividly - Jimmy was playing "White Summer" solo while sitting in a chair, single spotlight on him. As he hit the last chord, he leapt up out of the chair hitting the ground as he played the first notes of "Kashmir and the entire stage lights up with the rest of the band behind him. He was wearing the white dragon outfit that night, truly a memorable moment that I'll never forget.

Yes, and what I remember is, as Jimmy was finishing "White Summer," as he stood up, he kicked the stool back and launched in to "Kashmir." I also remember them using the mirror ball hanging from the ceiling in that number. To be there in person, experiencing that was an out-of-body experience for me. 8-)

ER757

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
ER757 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yes, and what I remember is, as Jimmy was finishing "White Summer," as he stood up, he kicked the stool back and launched in to "Kashmir." I also remember them using the mirror ball hanging from the ceiling in that number. To be there in person, experiencing that was an out-of-body experience for me. 8-)

Yeah - that is for sure. It was the 3rd and last time I saw Zeppelin. I worked in the record business for 10 years and as a result went to countless concerts. The "Zeppelin Experience" was just something special, no other band I ever saw had the same aura about them. I can't really explain it but you seem to have had the same take on it. Jimmy Page was the ultimate rock star in his prime. He had it all - the musical chops, the poses, the outfits, the whole stage presence package.

casinterest

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:55 pm

ER757 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Yeah - that is for sure. It was the 3rd and last time I saw Zeppelin. I worked in the record business for 10 years and as a result went to countless concerts. The "Zeppelin Experience" was just something special, no other band I ever saw had the same aura about them. I can't really explain it but you seem to have had the same take on it. Jimmy Page was the ultimate rock star in his prime. He had it all - the musical chops, the poses, the outfits, the whole stage presence package.

Looks like I found a version of this from 79.

You can't see the kick due to framing though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMXpX2Ntrk

ER757

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 pm

casinterest wrote:
ER757 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Looks like I found a version of this from 79.

You can't see the kick due to framing though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMXpX2Ntrk

That's from Knebworth - the Kashmir portion is on the the double DVD they put out several year ago

TruNorth

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Objects in the rear view mirror by Meatloaf. Video brings tears and memories to my eyes. TruNorth

BNE

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am

Aerosmith, I don't want to miss a thing. https://youtu.be/JkK8g6FMEXE
Birds of Tokyo, Lanterns, https://youtu.be/mbJ3vacGOhw (Australian Band)
Birds of Tokyo, When The Night Falls Quiet, https://youtu.be/6oLOLbwvK6c
Rockin 1000, Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters Rockin'1000 https://youtu.be/JozAmXo2bDE 1000 musicians play Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters to ask Dave Grohl to come and play in Cesena, Italy.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:29 am

Elton John - Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_xAToFzck

DIRECTFLT

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:33 am

DIRECTFLT

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 am

Al Stewart - Roads To Mosocw

https://youtu.be/WOx1qNUMnCc

F27500

Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:26 am

The theme from JAWS.

skyservice_330

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Norah Jones - Those Sweet Words
Norah Jones - Be Here To Love Me
Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
Van Morrison - Real Real Gone
Anne Murray - Danny's Song

ER757

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:29 pm

[*]
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Al Stewart - Roads To Mosocw

https://youtu.be/WOx1qNUMnCc

Love Al Stewart - so many of his songs have a certain feel to them, like this one. "Life in Dark Water" is another one in the same vein. "One Stage Before" is great too

Drafran

Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:47 pm

Schindler's List Main Title, of course.

WesternDC6B

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:23 pm

jackmlt wrote:
Hello, guys. I understand that politics is the hot topic that everybody are talking about...but not every thread in this forum!

Let's talk about your top goosebumps songs?

When I listen to Andrea Bocelli - Con Te Partirò I get goosebumps everytime at the last chorus.

Nessun Dorma (sp)?
The aria from Madame Butterfly

vhqpa

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:41 am

A few that come to mind

What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong
Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
Georgia on my mind - Ray Charles
Crazy - Patsy Cline
Stormy weather - Etta James
Ball and Chain - Janis Joplin
Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zeppelin
Shine on you crazy diamond - Pink Floyd
Love of my life - Queen
Desperado - Eagles
Telegraph Road - Dire Straits (especially the solo at the end)
This woman's work - Kate Bush
Constant Craving - K.D. Lang
My Immortal - Evanescence
Now that I know - Devendra Banhart
The last day on earth - Kate Miller Heidke

2122M

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:21 pm

The last song of act 1 of any number of Broadway musicals. Notably:

"One Day More" - Les Mis
"Morning Glow" - Pippin
"Right This Way" - Bandstand
"Don't Rain on my Parade" - Funny Girl
"She Used to be Mine" - Waitress (ok, not actually the last song of act 1, but needs to be here)
"One Last Time" - Hamilton (same disclaimer as above...)

Also, outside of musicals:

"Under Pressure" - Queen
"Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" - Billy Joel

plenty more....

TheFlyingDisk

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:23 pm

Supertramp's Goodbye Stranger & Arcade Fire's No Cars Go. If I listen to those songs while driving, I find myself pushing the throttle further and speeding up.

Also, I heard AC/DC's Thunderstruck for the first time in hi-res lossless on Apple Music. Wow.

Dutchy

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Many, many songs come to mind. This version of the Phantom of the Opera still gives me goosebumps. Two great voices, two great performances, the intense relationship is just phenomenal.

WesternDC6B

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:35 pm

Alone Together, Artie Shaw band
At Last: most any version not "souled up"
Laura (theme from 1944 movie)

einsteinboricua

Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:08 pm

I thought Disney had a good hit when The Hunchback of Notre Dame came out and the intro song (The Bells of Notre Dame, though I can't find the right tune for it) plays. The singer playing the part of Clopin hits a note at the end that's incredible (even though it fades into the ending choir and bell sounds).

But this morning actually, I found a rendition made by a group of performers in Covid fashion (socially distant) and even from the start I felt chills and goosebumps...but oh man, as the song progressed it was just constant goosebumps.

Another musical piece that gives me goosebumps is the Forrest Gump Suite, but the version played by this orchestra brings it home.

Revelation

Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:25 pm

A great live rock goosebump moment was being in a small club in 2013 a couple yards away from John Wetton (ex King Crimson, Asia, UK) doing Starless with a young band called District 97 behind him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0w1cB5YPZY shows the same band/tour a few nights later. Not the best video ever, but does capture the essence of the experience.

Might have been my best live rock experience ever in the sense I had no expectations of that night and then was blown away.

John was an amazing talent, gone too soon.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Drafran wrote:
Schindler's List Main Title, of course.

Speaking of film music:

Léon - The Professional

Eric Serra - "Noon" https://youtu.be/EDsQCSg_eW0

John Boorman's Excalibur

Richard Wagner - Götterdämmerung: Siegfried's Funeral March https://youtu.be/_5zNH6R1zsE

Carl Orff - O Fortuna/Carmina Burana https://youtu.be/0JNlOTccdck

2001: A Space Odyssey

Aram Khachaturian - Gayane Ballet Suite (Adagio) https://youtu.be/EB3IokHelRk

Journey To The Center Of The Earth

Bernard Herrmann - "Mountain Top and Sunrise" https://youtu.be/g75xXT6eCcg

The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad

Bernard Herrmann - "Overture" https://youtu.be/iD_M-sfIUcQ

afcjets

Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:24 am

N14AZ wrote:
afcjets wrote:
jackmlt wrote:

Such a masterpiece. Makes me to want to be alive

Yup, I found the video and put in on YouTube, let's see how long it lasts

https://youtu.be/luzjTA5ahG4

The video is no longer available...

I think it's back up.

Mortyman

Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:48 pm

A small selection in no special order:

* A-HA: Hunting High and Low - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VaeFCxta8
* A-HA: I've Been Loosing You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbg4JFdcbY4
* A-HA: Out of Blue Comes Green - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYlWp--qA4
* Ennio Morricone: Gabriels Oboe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lArnKBTe82I
* Ennio Morricone: Once upon a time in the West - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mMd6D1Gw1g
* Bruce Springsteen: The River - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAB4vOkL6cE
* Carly Simon: Nobody does it Better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWwKDttHnM
* Louis Armstrong: We Have All the Time in the World - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxRDTfzgpU
* Beatles: The Long And Winding Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR4HjTH_fTM
* Beatles: Let it Be - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYfEBY9NM4
* Beatles: Hey Jude - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_MjCqQoLLA
* Joe Dassin: l'ete indien - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT_ZQdY0h8o
* Joe Dassin: Et Si Tu N'Existais Pas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abfQQ1hzN9M
* John Lennon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkgkThdzX-8
* Sara Bareilles: Brave - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ujrTRZC04
* Neil Sedaka: Laughter in the Rain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIibcNDQ6o
* Miki Imai: Goodbye Yesterday - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpnbeQGCw-o
* Eagles: Hotel California - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPtz5qN7HM
* Heart : Alone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cw1ng75KP0
* Caros Santana: Maria Maria - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLV7lGbmT4
* Carlos Santana: Smooth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Whgn_iE5uc
* Carlos Santana: Samba Pa Ti - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AUm_xaE9A
* Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: Ain't No Mountain High Enough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC5PL0XImjw
* Chris DeBurgh: Lady In Red - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2YIpZWBqA
* Stevie Wonder: I Just Called To Say I Love You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGOgY1CmiU
* Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvkjuEAwgU
* Falco: Jeanny - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urw-iutHw5E
* Falco: Der Kommissar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-bgiiTxhzM
* Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys: Empire State of Mind - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3XlyT4Ums8
* Rod Stewart: Sailing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt3oQ_k008
* Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes: Up Where We Belong - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkHXGt-vzg
* Astrud Gilberto, João Gilberto and Stan Getz: Girl from Ipanema - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4
* Elvis Presley: In the Ghetto - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ-r0bilzhU
* Elton John: Nikita - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-Q-Acv4qs
* Elton John: Sacrifice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrLkTZrPZA4
* Bee Gees: You Win Again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xviuC-0FwQ0
* Bee Gees: How Deep Is Your Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpqqjU7u5Yc
* Bee Gees: Too Much Heaven - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iBAuwBODA
* Dionne Warwick: Heartbreaker - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHQsMYosao
* George Harrison: My Sweet Lord - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4lpQWcT5g
* Luis Fonsi: Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
* Madonna: La Isla Bonita - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpzdgmqIHOQ
* Madonna: Like A Prayer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fzeNUqQbQ
* Madonna: Take A Bow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDeiovnCv1o
* Billy Joel: River of dreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq4B_zHqPM
* Billy Joel: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxx8IWIvKg0
* Billy Joel: Goodnight Saigon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjzjhl-QztE
* U2: One - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEcrrf7r0
* Carpenters: Rainy Days And Mondays - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjFoQxjgbrs
* Frank Sinatra: My way - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQzdAsjWGPg
* Ray Charles: A Song for You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzAkTrDiXxg
* Paul Anka, Tom Jones & Jose Luis: She´s A Lady - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ztJDSplP1o
* Tina Turner: We Don't Need Another Hero - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcm-tOGiva0
* Tina Turner: Private Dancer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4QnalIHlVc
* Tina Turner: Simply the best - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5E8ie2pdM
* The Bangles: Eternal Flame - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSoOFn3wQV4
* Edvard Grieg: Morning Mood - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh8gMvzPw0
* Edvard Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI
* Edvard Grieg: Solveigs song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3N1yBEGbw
* Johann Sebastian Bach: Air - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA

Kent350787

Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:27 pm

Looking at some of these lists I assumed I was in the other thread. EVen where there are bands I enjoy, the songs I enjoy aren't here.

A few songs that work for me, but the list could be pages long if I could be bothered:
Teenage Fanclub: Sparky's Dream https://youtu.be/UK_CuMJJLwg
Oasis (if I really must): Supersonic (I still recall whre and when I first heard those fantastic guitars after a lot of dross) https://youtu.be/BJKpUH2kJQg
EGOISM: You You (a young band from my home town whose career has been crippled by the pandemic, but has a great line in gorgeousness) https://youtu.be/OGZOhwmQGxM

tmu101

Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:48 am

Show Me The Way by Styx is one that does it for me.

The Last Resort and Take It To The Limit by The Eagles are also goosebump favorites of mine. Randy Meisner and those high notes he use to be able to hit are like no other (although i was REALLY impressed with Vince Gill's rendition)

Ken777

Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:53 am

wirkey wrote:
Ode to Joy, live at a Flashmob in Nuremberg. As I was there nothing else even comes close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a23945btJYw

Your link was incredible, but there were many good ones from around the world after that. I spent two hours going from now flash mob to another - but your's was the best.

N14AZ

Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:37 am

afcjets wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Yup, I found the video and put in on YouTube, let's see how long it lasts

The video is no longer available...

I think it's back up.

Thanks. The link works but the video doesn’t start. Instead it says „video not available“. Maybe just in my region due to copy rights etc. … :-/

Alfons

Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:08 am

Persuaders Theme from John Barry
(https://youtu.be/SbA7q3AVYyQ)

afcjets

Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:50 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Thanks. The link works but the video doesn’t start. Instead it says „video not available“. Maybe just in my region due to copy rights etc. … :-/

It might be only playing for me since I uploaded it. I found another one that works.

https://youtu.be/IdxXZMQu09k

WesternDC6B

Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:58 pm

Piano solo transcription of Wagner's Siegfried Idyll NOT played by Glen Gould.
Nessun Dorma
Aria from Madama Butterfly by Puccini.
Alone Together: Artie Shaw's band.
Dancing in the Dark: Artie Shaw, arrangement with strings

EDIT: I have some repeats from the past. Yes, they are that good.

stlgph

Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 pm

"The Phantom of the Opera" overture for the musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

For years I worked as a fill-in contractor covering for people who were out on extended vacation or would run off for a month or two to do another theater/film/tv/commercial project, what have you, and it's just unique how much hustle and bustle there is before curtain and then right when the overture hits, the entire backstage almost comes to a complete stand still and everyone listens to it all - and you can just see everyone collectively thinking "holy shit, we're actually a part of this" since it's become such a legendary production.

What's even more amazing is you have people who have been with the show since it started in the 80s or joined in the 90s and stayed and still felt that way - some 20 some odd years later or what have you.

N14AZ

Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:37 pm

afcjets wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

It might be only playing for me since I uploaded it. I found another one that works.

:-( Doesn’t work… but are we talking about a Don Henley song? In this case I am not surprised. Don Henley is well known for letting videos get blocked that have his music in it. Rick Beato has a nice video about these copyright issues …

But thank you very much for all your efforts! :-)

afcjets

Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:36 pm

N14AZ wrote:
afcjets wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

:-( Doesn’t work… but are we talking about a Don Henley song? In this case I am not surprised. Don Henley is well known for letting videos get blocked that have his music in it. Rick Beato has a nice video about these copyright issues …

But thank you very much for all your efforts! :-)

Yes, Prince was the same way.