Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

luckyone
Topic Author

Trump vs. RNC fundraising

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:31 pm

For those who perhaps missed this, former President Trump sent a cease-and-desist letter to the RNC demanding they not use his likeness without his permission. The RNC has now replied stating that Trump's image, as a public figure, is fair game. This should be interesting to watch.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... ng-appeals

I, personally, am not surprised that Trump acted this way. At the end of the day, it's all about his brand, and the family has made no secret of trying to brand the GOP as Trump's.

johns624

Re: Trump vs. RNC fundraising

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:40 pm

It seems like it's about the money (isn't it always). As long as Trump is a Republican, I don't think there's much that he can do about it. It might be better for the GOP, in the long run, to NOT use Trump's name or likeness. Consider it a bad dream... Yeah, I know that it will never happen.

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:46 pm

luckyone wrote:
For those who perhaps missed this, former President Trump sent a cease-and-desist letter to the RNC demanding they not use his likeness without his permission. The RNC has now replied stating that Trump's image, as a public figure, is fair game. This should be interesting to watch.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... ng-appeals

I, personally, am not surprised that Trump acted this way. At the end of the day, it's all about his brand, and the family has made no secret of trying to brand the GOP as Trump's.

I kinda figured it was a way for him to extract royalties, because he'll scam anything with--or without--a pulse. On the bright side, it will only get worse.
I don't take responsibility at all

alfa164

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:17 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
For those who perhaps missed this, former President Trump sent a cease-and-desist letter to the RNC demanding they not use his likeness without his permission. The RNC has now replied stating that Trump's image, as a public figure, is fair game. This should be interesting to watch. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... ng-appeals

I kinda figured it was a way for him to extract royalties, because he'll scam anything with--or without--a pulse. On the bright side, it will only get worse.

:checkmark: This. . If you look back at how much of the 2020 "campaign money" actually found its way back to Trump's family and his cronies, it is no wonder he wants to control the campaign funds... to prop-up his failing empire...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/us/politics/donald-trump-self-funding-payments.html
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

frmrCapCadet

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:51 pm

I'm waiting for Democrat organizations to start using his image, he really won't like that. LOL
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

luckyone
Topic Author

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
I'm waiting for Democrat organizations to start using his image, he really won't like that. LOL

Or recorded speeches in the public domain.

Moose135

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:17 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
I kinda figured it was a way for him to extract royalties, because he'll scam anything with--or without--a pulse.

If they were giving him a cut of it, he wouldn't have a problem. Not that he hasn't scammed enough money out of RNC campaign donations.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

ltbewr

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:58 am

I bet some Republicans would rather not use Trump in fundraising/bribe collect ads due to his gross incompetency as to Coivd-19 and the horrors of the terror attack he encouraged on 1/6/21,

johns624

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:02 am

I "almost" feel sorry for the GOP but they created this monster and now they have to live with it. So many times in the last 5 years, they could've stood up to him as a united front but were too chickenshit. The more a bully gets away with, the more he wants...

luckyone
Topic Author

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:41 am

johns624 wrote:
I "almost" feel sorry for the GOP but they created this monster and now they have to live with it. So many times in the last 5 years, they could've stood up to him as a united front but were too chickenshit. The more a bully gets away with, the more he wants...

They’re going to have to lose at least one major election with Trump backed candidates, and new state election laws for that to happen...AND have enough people not buy the inevitable “stolen” horsepucky.

cpd

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:51 am

I don't think there is a lot Trump can do to stop the Republican party doing this.