Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tucker Carlson: Women in the Military BAD!

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 pm

In today's 'conservatives taking us back to the stone age' we have this gem:

Pentagon and senior members of military call out Tucker Carlson for mocking women serving in armed forces: His words 'don't reflect our values'
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/media/tu ... index.html

"Carlson, who is effectively the face of Fox and hosts the top show on the right-wing channel, ridiculed President Joe Biden Tuesday for saying that the US military had created uniforms to fit women properly, created maternity flight suits for those who are pregnant, and updated requirements for hairstyles.
"So we've got new hairstyles and maternity flight suits," Carlson snarked. "Pregnant women are going to fight our wars. It's a mockery of the US military.""
I don't take responsibility at all

Aaron747

Re: Tucker Carlson: Women in the Military BAD!

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:20 pm

If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

johns624

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:27 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
That was good! I don't think Tucker will be having him as a guest anytime soon. I like how be mentioned twice that Carlson never spent a day in uniform.

skyservice_330

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:31 pm

His mom left the family at 6 (maybe she knew the a**hole he was about to become) and he failed at getting into the CIA. As such, I'm not totally surprised he has a chip on his shoulder about women in the military.

luckyone

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:32 pm

Tucker Carlson is a bit of a jerk. Water is wet.

Aaron747

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:37 pm

skyservice_330 wrote:
His mom left the family at 6 (maybe she knew the a**hole he was about to become) and he failed at getting into the CIA. As such, I'm not totally surprised he has a chip on his shoulder about women in the military.

His take could easily be captioned: country club brat and heir to frozen foods fortune with cushy TV gig lectures military on personnel policy :rotfl:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AirWorthy99

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Lovely, had the roles been reversed, it wasn't Tucker but Rachel Maddow, I am sure they were going off with their heads long ago: "That's facism, active military attacking a TV talk show host!".

But since its good old Biden administration, there can't possibly be nothing wrong with what they do. Of course, the MSM has their backs.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

johns624

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Lovely, had the roles been reversed, it wasn't Tucker but Rachel Maddow, I am sure they were going off with their heads long ago: "That's facism, active military attacking a TV talk show host!".

But since its good old Biden administration, there can't possibly be nothing wrong with what they do. Of course, the MSM has their backs.
You sure do have vivid fantasies...

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:53 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Do you just punch a random whataboutism generator? This has to be one of your more stupid takes. Which is really an achievement.

Aesma

Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12 pm

New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

ER757

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:52 am

Aaron747 wrote:

Love it - Carlson is a first class D-Bag and 99% of what comes out of his pie hole is garbage

B777LRF

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:12 am

So Faux News are finally admitting what a lot of us have known all along: They don't have reasonable viewers.
Signature. You just read one.

Aesma

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:36 am

Yeah and that judge was both right and wrong. Yes no reasonable viewer would trust Tucker, but there are dozens of millions of unreasonable viewers/voters, so that's not a good reason for dismissing the lawsuit.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

scbriml

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:43 am

johns624 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You sure do have vivid fantasies...

I read that sales of butt-hurt lotion are at an all-time high! :lol:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

cledaybuck

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:02 pm

luckyone wrote:

A bit?
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

Francoflier

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Why is it always those who have never served a day in their life who have the most to say about the military?

Him and captain bone spurs really are two birds of a feather...
Two detestable, mysoginistic, racist, hateful birds.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Drafran

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:53 pm

He has the ear of the simple-minded, hillbilly set. You know, conservatives.

frmrCapCadet

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:41 pm

Evolution speaks: females get pregnant. Get used to it. Perhaps Tucker remains unaware of the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

Confuscius

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:16 pm

Tucker did serve. Thank you for your service...

in Dancing With The Stars.
Ain't I a stinker?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Thankfully Ted Cruz is here to save the day and....wait...no he wants to dress down the military for being mean to Tucker.

Ted Cruz demands probe and accuses Pentagon of bullying Tucker Carlson
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17135.html

I guess for conservatives, #supportthetroops means only the white male ones.

casinterest

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:09 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Thankfully Ted Cruz is here to save the day and....wait...no he wants to dress down the military for being mean to Tucker.

The GOP is so good at cancel culture when it comes to people they like to demonize.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

Moose135

Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:12 am

MaverickM11 wrote:

Be careful, Cruz may challenge the Commandant of the Marine Corps to wrestle Gym Jordan...
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

ER757

Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 am

MaverickM11 wrote:

Oh for crying out Loud...just when I thought Cruz couldn't be more unlikeable he manages to lower the bar even further. What a tool. I hope the Marines tell him to F*** off

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:08 am

ER757 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Oh for crying out Loud...just when I thought Cruz couldn't be more unlikeable he manages to lower the bar even further. What a tool. I hope the Marines tell him to F*** off

It’s unreal. Meanwhile 57 Texans froze to death while he skedaddled to Cancun. #prolife

pune

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:28 pm

This is not new, but I am trying to get a link to a story which was shared by an American commando (lady) and she had shared both about her injuries, her stress and her juniors. It was really a remarkable thread and quite a bit long. If somebody does chance upon that article, please share here and with me. It would really add value to the conversation.

meecrob

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 pm

My question is since when did modern politicians have any fucking clue about the military? It seems to me that all they do is things like force the USAF to buy unwanted C-17's in order to keep jobs at the plant, or launch a cruise missile attack to deflect from a scandal at home. Hey, this sounds familiar...

pune

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:55 pm

pune wrote:
This is not new, but I am trying to get a link to a story which was shared by an American commando (lady) and she had shared both about her injuries, her stress and her juniors. It was really a remarkable thread and quite a bit long. If somebody does chance upon that article, please share here and with me. It would really add value to the conversation.

meant read not thread sorry :(

WIederling

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:54 pm

luckyone wrote:

That is not an issue per se.

The issue is that jerks make up the media front line and do have an impact on perception in wider parts of the population.
Murphy is an optimist