Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
CometII
Topic Author
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 6:02 am

Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:42 am

Ok, so for a very long time, racial profiling was excused or justified by authorities (which historically have been male and white) as a way to maximize resources and augment safety. From African-Americans ostensibly due to crime statistics, to Muslims based on radical fundamentalism, to Hispanics on drug trafficking, or certain Asian males due to ties to mafia-style groups, this strategy has been used both privately and in public admissions across many institutions for a long time.

Given the recent events of the last three years across all facets of our society, and including yet another 2nd amendment brave warrior killing innocent people (mainly Asian women) at spas, up to a plethora of other mass shootings, threats of kidnapping officials, militias, and actual plots and operations to harm democratic institutions, the simple question is: is it time to profile White Males from particular regions of the country in law enforcement?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:15 am

Well no, it’s not necessary. Past profiling wrongs don’t make a right now. Behavioral profiling is enough. The FBI and DHS are well aware of the threat and the DHS 2019 and 2020 reports make clear terror motivations by white, nativist, and anti-federal groups are a serious problem. They know where they live and frequent online. The previous WH poo-poo’d the situation but this one seems to be taking it seriously.

The problem is resources - I would support a major DOJ intiative to review hiring records and internal investigations in LE agencies across the country because there *has* been documented infiltration of LE by members of groups described above. This requires a lot of manpower and increased funding.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 4116
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:44 am

I agree with Aaron, racial profiling is wrong and doesn’t make it any better if you change the colour of skin you are basing it on.

Maybe profiling on headwear, that’s a choice after all.

Red MAGA hat = More chance of being a racist?
Horned helmet = mummy’s boy playing dress up with his murdery America hating racist friends.

Fred


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:50 am

A recent study found that mass shooters aren't actually overrepresented by white people.....most mass shooters are white because most Americans are white, but the prevalence of white mass shooters corresponds to the percentage of the population that is white-

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... phics.html

I do agree with others about the need to further prioritize investigation of white supremacist hate and conspiracy groups like Q, though. They are a huge threat to our current society.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:54 am

N583JB wrote:
A recent study found that mass shooters aren't actually overrepresented by white people.....most mass shooters are white because most Americans are white, but the prevalence of white mass shooters corresponds to the percentage of the population that is white-

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... phics.html

I do agree with others about the need to further prioritize investigation of white supremacist hate and conspiracy groups like Q, though. They are a huge threat to our current society.


They are the top threat, according to DHS, so it's not even a matter of anyone's opinion.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... ssment.pdf

The next two drafts refer to “Domestic Violent Extremists” –– rather than “white supremacist extremists” –– as “the most persistent and lethal threat.” All three drafts contain the following sentence further down in the same section: “Among DVEs [Domestic Violent Extremists], we judge that white supremacist extremists (WSEs) will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland through 2021.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/0 ... dhs-409236
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
Wacker1000
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:55 am

No but I'd profile anyone that asks that question as mentally unstable and be keeping a close eye on them.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19926
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:51 am

Well, there's hillbilly, then there's...

Image
Source: BBC/Reuters
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Kno
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 pm

It's always been funny to me that we always take note of black men committing certain crimes, Muslims committing certain crimes, Hispanic people committing certain crimes, but it's RARELY pointed out that we have a whole genre of crimes in the United States that are largely being committed by white men.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 5537
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:48 pm

Kno wrote:
It's always been funny to me that we always take note of black men committing certain crimes, Muslims committing certain crimes, Hispanic people committing certain crimes, but it's RARELY pointed out that we have a whole genre of crimes in the United States that are largely being committed by white men.

White being the majority in the United States mean it's normal for them to be the most in some groups. Question is where they're disproportionately represented
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate 求同存異 よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
Fitting foreign event into local context for lessons will only be able to tell local values instead of foreign ones
You're now at your youngest moment in your remaining life
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13515
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Racial profiling is worthless and a waste of time. Suggesting it is horrible enough. The real issues are people that espouse dangerous thoughts and do not like the ability of others to think and reason things out. Religious zealots, supremacists, Nationalists, misogynists, and racists all work hard to blame others for their issues, and it is within those groupings that many issues arise. That is where you concentrate.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
CometII
Topic Author
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 6:02 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Wacker1000 wrote:
No but I'd profile anyone that asks that question as mentally unstable and be keeping a close eye on them.


Maybe so, but surely no one had a problem following certain groups after 911 solely based on characteristics and not any hard suspicion. I think quite a few members of our society are quite afraid of White men recently. Ask African American men when they see a White police officer, women when they see powerful White men at functions and events, Asians in 2020 and 2021... All those groups would probably welcome a bit of a tough stance and close vigilance of this group.
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1893
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:10 pm

CometII wrote:
Ok, so for a very long time, racial profiling was excused or justified by authorities (which historically have been male and white) as a way to maximize resources and augment safety. From African-Americans ostensibly due to crime statistics, to Muslims based on radical fundamentalism, to Hispanics on drug trafficking, or certain Asian males due to ties to mafia-style groups, this strategy has been used both privately and in public admissions across many institutions for a long time.

Given the recent events of the last three years across all facets of our society, and including yet another 2nd amendment brave warrior killing innocent people (mainly Asian women) at spas, up to a plethora of other mass shootings, threats of kidnapping officials, militias, and actual plots and operations to harm democratic institutions, the simple question is: is it time to profile White Males from particular regions of the country in law enforcement?


It's a tough question to ask, but I'd be cautious of using the "racial profiling" label. The U.S. has worked hard over the years to eliminate this bias, though there is visibility that the U.S. has backslidden in recent years. I would advocate for completely eliminating racial profiling.

N583JB wrote:
A recent study found that mass shooters aren't actually overrepresented by white people.....most mass shooters are white because most Americans are white, but the prevalence of white mass shooters corresponds to the percentage of the population that is white-

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... phics.html

I do agree with others about the need to further prioritize investigation of white supremacist hate and conspiracy groups like Q, though. They are a huge threat to our current society.


:checkmark: This.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Racial profiling obviously does not work. As far as "well, whites are the majority in this country" then why are they also not the majority in jails? They commit all these crimes but minorities are given longer sentences or even charged, held, and not tried at a much higher rate.

We need to stop seeing minorities of guilty of something based on their skin color and reform the judicial system instead.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:02 pm

May I remind you to provide links to your sources when stating facts or making it clear you are stating your opinion, thanks.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14317
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm

seb146 wrote:
Racial profiling obviously does not work. As far as "well, whites are the majority in this country" then why are they also not the majority in jails? They commit all these crimes but minorities are given longer sentences or even charged, held, and not tried at a much higher rate.

We need to stop seeing minorities of guilty of something based on their skin color and reform the judicial system instead.


This is a bunch of Hogwash. People are jailed by committing crimes not by their ratio in the population. Can you provide any proof that minorities are given longer sentences for the same crimes as whites? Or that white people are just not tried because of their skin color? This is simply gaslighting. There is simple way to stay out of jail. Don't commit crimes whether you are a minority or not.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18699
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Racial profiling obviously does not work. As far as "well, whites are the majority in this country" then why are they also not the majority in jails? They commit all these crimes but minorities are given longer sentences or even charged, held, and not tried at a much higher rate.

We need to stop seeing minorities of guilty of something based on their skin color and reform the judicial system instead.


This is a bunch of Hogwash. People are jailed by committing crimes not by their ratio in the population. Can you provide any proof that minorities are given longer sentences for the same crimes as whites?


Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/
I don't take responsibility at all
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14317
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:25 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Racial profiling obviously does not work. As far as "well, whites are the majority in this country" then why are they also not the majority in jails? They commit all these crimes but minorities are given longer sentences or even charged, held, and not tried at a much higher rate.

We need to stop seeing minorities of guilty of something based on their skin color and reform the judicial system instead.


This is a bunch of Hogwash. People are jailed by committing crimes not by their ratio in the population. Can you provide any proof that minorities are given longer sentences for the same crimes as whites?


Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/


Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18699
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:57 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

This is a bunch of Hogwash. People are jailed by committing crimes not by their ratio in the population. Can you provide any proof that minorities are given longer sentences for the same crimes as whites?


Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/


Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/file ... aphics.pdf
I don't take responsibility at all
 
af773atmsp
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Two wrongs don't make a right. Monitor people based on their behavior and past criminal history (if applicable), not on their skin color. I realize that's much easier said than done, especially in a country like ours where we try our hardest to complicate things and find problems in a solution.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:38 am

Bad look for the Cherokee County sheriff spoz who downplayed the perp’s actions with his ‘having a bad day’ presser earlier today:

https://amp.www.complex.com/life/georgi ... ebook-post

Why is it so hard for these idiots to conduct themselves professionally when paid by taxpayers?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

This is a bunch of Hogwash. People are jailed by committing crimes not by their ratio in the population. Can you provide any proof that minorities are given longer sentences for the same crimes as whites?


Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/


Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.


Take your pick

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/vi ... t=articles
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-m ... d=51203491

The latest mass shooting in ATL, we all knew the shooter was white because he was taken alive.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:54 am

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/


Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.


Take your pick

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/vi ... t=articles
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-m ... d=51203491

The latest mass shooting in ATL, we all knew the shooter was white because he was taken alive.


Or, because he surrendered when cornered by police after a chase instead of trying to kill the officers. You realize that black murder suspects are arrested without incident by the police all the time, right?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19926
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:52 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/


We’ve all known this for some time, but not surprised some still deny it.

Aaron747 wrote:
Bad look for the Cherokee County sheriff spoz who downplayed the perp’s actions with his ‘having a bad day’ presser earlier today:

https://amp.www.complex.com/life/georgi ... ebook-post

Why is it so hard for these idiots to conduct themselves professionally when paid by taxpayers?


Georgia’s finest.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14317
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:44 am

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.


Take your pick

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/vi ... t=articles
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-m ... d=51203491

The latest mass shooting in ATL, we all knew the shooter was white because he was taken alive.


Or, because he surrendered when cornered by police after a chase instead of trying to kill the officers. You realize that black murder suspects are arrested without incident by the police all the time, right?


Not only that but demographics are a horrible way to poll a bunch of convicted felons. There are so many variables left out like past criminal history, representation etc. Like I said if a member of any race doesn't want to get arrested or go to jail maybe not break the law?
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Take your pick

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/vi ... t=articles
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-m ... d=51203491

The latest mass shooting in ATL, we all knew the shooter was white because he was taken alive.


Or, because he surrendered when cornered by police after a chase instead of trying to kill the officers. You realize that black murder suspects are arrested without incident by the police all the time, right?


Not only that but demographics are a horrible way to poll a bunch of convicted felons. There are so many variables left out like past criminal history, representation etc. Like I said if a member of any race doesn't want to get arrested or go to jail maybe not break the law?


I guess we can stop giving out degrees in criminology folks - Nick’s got all the answers. :coffee:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:24 pm

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.


Take your pick

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/vi ... t=articles
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-m ... d=51203491

The latest mass shooting in ATL, we all knew the shooter was white because he was taken alive.


Or, because he surrendered when cornered by police after a chase instead of trying to kill the officers. You realize that black murder suspects are arrested without incident by the police all the time, right?


Like George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:32 pm

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Take your pick

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research- ... sentencing
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/vi ... t=articles
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-m ... d=51203491

The latest mass shooting in ATL, we all knew the shooter was white because he was taken alive.


Or, because he surrendered when cornered by police after a chase instead of trying to kill the officers. You realize that black murder suspects are arrested without incident by the police all the time, right?


Like George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice......


None of those people were murder suspects, Bland killed herself, and you found three examples over the last decade and hundreds of millions (if not a billion) police/public interactions in the United States. That doesn't back up your assertion. Rather, it is hyperbole and dangerous hyperbole at that.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:34 pm

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Or, because he surrendered when cornered by police after a chase instead of trying to kill the officers. You realize that black murder suspects are arrested without incident by the police all the time, right?


Like George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice......


None of those people were murder suspects,


And, yet, they were all killed by cops.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
meecrob
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:49 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

This is a bunch of Hogwash. People are jailed by committing crimes not by their ratio in the population. Can you provide any proof that minorities are given longer sentences for the same crimes as whites?


Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... udy-finds/


Won't let me read the article. I am not giving the Wapo any money.


So much for "the google-izer" Was that just a phase?
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Like George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice......


None of those people were murder suspects,


And, yet, they were all killed by cops.


Sandra Bland wasn't killed by the cops. Anyways, that's beside the point. Would you like me to start giving you some of the many millions of examples of people who complied with the police and were either arrested peacefully or sent on their way?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:58 pm

Fortunately the idiot spox for the Cherokee County Sheriff has promptly been removed.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... troversial
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:53 am

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

None of those people were murder suspects,


And, yet, they were all killed by cops.


Sandra Bland wasn't killed by the cops.


There was no NO reason for her to be cuffed and thrown in a jail cell. There are still questions about her death.

There was no NO reason for George Floyd's death. Being in retail, I have dealt with counterfeit bills all the time. My first reaction is NOT 'kill them" but, rather, call the FBI and let them deal with it. And, because it is mostly white people, they are arrested and charged. Latinos and Blacks do not counterfeit bills.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 4116
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:52 am

I would profile white women who have big boobs but yet somehow their bellies still stick out further and appear to always be in a cold sweat and wear I’ll fitting t-shirts and have greasy hair.

We should assume they are racists until shown otherwise....

Fred


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And, yet, they were all killed by cops.


Sandra Bland wasn't killed by the cops.


There was no NO reason for her to be cuffed and thrown in a jail cell. There are still questions about her death.

There was no NO reason for George Floyd's death. Being in retail, I have dealt with counterfeit bills all the time. My first reaction is NOT 'kill them" but, rather, call the FBI and let them deal with it. And, because it is mostly white people, they are arrested and charged. Latinos and Blacks do not counterfeit bills.


Ok, but that still doesn't fix the problem of focusing on the exception rather than the overwhelming rule. If my local fire department tells me, "99% of fatal house fires could be prevented with working smoke alarms", my response shouldn't be "well this one time in Milwaukee two years ago someone died even though their smoke alarm was working, so I'm not going to bother installing any in my home". Same goes with compliance with law enforcement. It is the safest and best decision 99.9% of the time, so we shouldn't let the 0.1% convince us otherwise.
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 4878
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Washington State Supreme Court just ordered those convicted of drug offenses that were merely possession to be dismissed, and those in prison released. This was based on race as hugely and disproportionably applied to minorities. I will track down some links for this later in the day. An oddity - my former residence in rural Washington which viscously convicted people, and mostly white people (not many minorities) wants to enact local laws to continue imprisoning white people.

My own view is drug laws need to concentrate on cartels and gangs, and most everyone else needs to be the responsibility of the medical system.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:22 pm

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Sandra Bland wasn't killed by the cops.


There was no NO reason for her to be cuffed and thrown in a jail cell. There are still questions about her death.

There was no NO reason for George Floyd's death. Being in retail, I have dealt with counterfeit bills all the time. My first reaction is NOT 'kill them" but, rather, call the FBI and let them deal with it. And, because it is mostly white people, they are arrested and charged. Latinos and Blacks do not counterfeit bills.


Ok, but that still doesn't fix the problem of focusing on the exception rather than the overwhelming rule. If my local fire department tells me, "99% of fatal house fires could be prevented with working smoke alarms", my response shouldn't be "well this one time in Milwaukee two years ago someone died even though their smoke alarm was working, so I'm not going to bother installing any in my home". Same goes with compliance with law enforcement. It is the safest and best decision 99.9% of the time, so we shouldn't let the 0.1% convince us otherwise.


If a suspect is cuffed on the ground, s/he does not deserve to be murdered. If a person is playing video games in their own bedroom, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person was driving too fast, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person walks into the wrong apartment, the tenant does not deserve to be murdered.

See where I am going with this?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1078
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:12 pm

I think behavior is a better tool than skin color to determine if someone is guilty of a crime, or will be guilty in the future.

It is important to note that, until a crime does occur, people are free to do what that they want. Crime is a serious issue that requires attention. Hypothetical/potential crime, pre-crime, thought crimes, very interesting topics, but not so much practical application.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:02 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
I think behavior is a better tool than skin color to determine if someone is guilty of a crime, or will be guilty in the future.

It is important to note that, until a crime does occur, people are free to do what that they want. Crime is a serious issue that requires attention. Hypothetical/potential crime, pre-crime, thought crimes, very interesting topics, but not so much practical application.


Behavioral profiling is very effective when LE is properly trained to utilize it. Just ask the airport cops at TLV.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 4878
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:36 pm

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... -with-now/

Res Washington State court decision on drug possession.

There is another link in the article for further information.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
johns624
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There was no NO reason for her to be cuffed and thrown in a jail cell. There are still questions about her death.

There was no NO reason for George Floyd's death. Being in retail, I have dealt with counterfeit bills all the time. My first reaction is NOT 'kill them" but, rather, call the FBI and let them deal with it. And, because it is mostly white people, they are arrested and charged. Latinos and Blacks do not counterfeit bills.


Ok, but that still doesn't fix the problem of focusing on the exception rather than the overwhelming rule. If my local fire department tells me, "99% of fatal house fires could be prevented with working smoke alarms", my response shouldn't be "well this one time in Milwaukee two years ago someone died even though their smoke alarm was working, so I'm not going to bother installing any in my home". Same goes with compliance with law enforcement. It is the safest and best decision 99.9% of the time, so we shouldn't let the 0.1% convince us otherwise.


If a suspect is cuffed on the ground, s/he does not deserve to be murdered. If a person is playing video games in their own bedroom, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person was driving too fast, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person walks into the wrong apartment, the tenant does not deserve to be murdered.

See where I am going with this?
yes, everyone has seen where you're going for quite some time. You take the exception and try to make it the rule. Just to fit your agenda.
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:09 pm

johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Ok, but that still doesn't fix the problem of focusing on the exception rather than the overwhelming rule. If my local fire department tells me, "99% of fatal house fires could be prevented with working smoke alarms", my response shouldn't be "well this one time in Milwaukee two years ago someone died even though their smoke alarm was working, so I'm not going to bother installing any in my home". Same goes with compliance with law enforcement. It is the safest and best decision 99.9% of the time, so we shouldn't let the 0.1% convince us otherwise.


If a suspect is cuffed on the ground, s/he does not deserve to be murdered. If a person is playing video games in their own bedroom, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person was driving too fast, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person walks into the wrong apartment, the tenant does not deserve to be murdered.

See where I am going with this?
yes, everyone has seen where you're going for quite some time. You take the exception and try to make it the rule. Just to fit your agenda.


Yup.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:26 am

N583JB wrote:
johns624 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If a suspect is cuffed on the ground, s/he does not deserve to be murdered. If a person is playing video games in their own bedroom, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person was driving too fast, they do not deserve to be murdered. If a person walks into the wrong apartment, the tenant does not deserve to be murdered.

See where I am going with this?
yes, everyone has seen where you're going for quite some time. You take the exception and try to make it the rule. Just to fit your agenda.


Yup.


So two sets of laws and procedures is fine. One set of laws and procedures for us whites and a completely different set of laws and procedures for non-whites. This is what we have now. This is what we are living. This is what Republicans support.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:11 am

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
johns624 wrote:
yes, everyone has seen where you're going for quite some time. You take the exception and try to make it the rule. Just to fit your agenda.


Yup.


So two sets of laws and procedures is fine. One set of laws and procedures for us whites and a completely different set of laws and procedures for non-whites. This is what we have now. This is what we are living. This is what Republicans support.


That's totally a figment of your imagination.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:26 am

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Yup.


So two sets of laws and procedures is fine. One set of laws and procedures for us whites and a completely different set of laws and procedures for non-whites. This is what we have now. This is what we are living. This is what Republicans support.


That's totally a figment of your imagination.


Statistics posted over and over and over again say otherwise.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N583JB
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:35 am

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So two sets of laws and procedures is fine. One set of laws and procedures for us whites and a completely different set of laws and procedures for non-whites. This is what we have now. This is what we are living. This is what Republicans support.


That's totally a figment of your imagination.


Statistics posted over and over and over again say otherwise.....


No, they don't. That's why you continuously attempt to use anecdotes and exceptions and try to pass them off as the norm.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 14951
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:41 am

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
johns624 wrote:
yes, everyone has seen where you're going for quite some time. You take the exception and try to make it the rule. Just to fit your agenda.


Yup.


So two sets of laws and procedures is fine. One set of laws and procedures for us whites and a completely different set of laws and procedures for non-whites. This is what we have now. This is what we are living. This is what Republicans support.


No no no. That's not what we have. The law on the page is the same for everyone - where the system fails is some cops, and more rarely, courts, don't apply them as such.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 13485
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:02 am

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Like George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice......


None of those people were murder suspects,


And, yet, they were all killed by cops.


Justine Diamond was white, she called 911, when they arrived she walked up to the police car in her pyjamas to talk to them, the officer gunned her down.

Why won't you add Diamond to your list?
 
johns624
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 pm

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
johns624 wrote:
yes, everyone has seen where you're going for quite some time. You take the exception and try to make it the rule. Just to fit your agenda.


Yup.


So two sets of laws and procedures is fine. One set of laws and procedures for us whites and a completely different set of laws and procedures for non-whites. This is what we have now. This is what we are living. This is what Republicans support.
No, I'm not a Republican. Nice try, though.
 
johns624
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

None of those people were murder suspects,


And, yet, they were all killed by cops.


Justine Diamond was white, she called 911, when they arrived she walked up to the police car in her pyjamas to talk to them, the officer gunned her down.

Why won't you add Diamond to your list?

She doesn't fit his narrative, so he ignores her. Not only was she the wrong color, but the cop who shot (murdered) her was the wrong color, too.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Is it time to consider Racial Profiling of White Males?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:20 pm

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And, yet, they were all killed by cops.


Sandra Bland wasn't killed by the cops.


There was no NO reason for her to be cuffed and thrown in a jail cell. There are still questions about her death.

There was no NO reason for George Floyd's death. Being in retail, I have dealt with counterfeit bills all the time. My first reaction is NOT 'kill them" but, rather, call the FBI and let them deal with it. And, because it is mostly white people, they are arrested and charged. Latinos and Blacks do not counterfeit bills.


There is ample evidence to suggest George Floyd might have died even without police involvement. He had a fair amount of Fentanyl in his system I know from personal experience Fentanyl will kill you and it doesn't take much of it. Now do I think that cop needs to go to jail ? Absolutely. Even without Chauvin putting his knee on Floyds neck you can see from another video of that incident that Floyd was in distress and in a panic they should have got him medical help ASAP if nothing else the cops need to be charged with negligent homicide or manslaughter just for that part of it. Chauvin needs to be charged with probably with 3rd degree murder. We need police reforms and training and better vetting of who is hired and I also believe a database that has cops with sketchy records can be tracked and purged from law enforcement. Now with that said I know there are injustices in the legal system but what is going on with these progressive DAs like George Gascon ? This is the flip side of the coin. I don't get the progressives love affair with hardened criminals not ones in for drug crimes I am talking heinous murderers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: art, Baidu [Spider], JJJ, Palop and 27 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos