Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
Republicans keep saying they are patriotic and how they defend freedom and liberty but then they take away freedom and liberty from other Americans. Republicans whine about "cancel culture" while trying to cancel voting then complain they are the victims when people resist and try to vote.


What freedom or liberty does the GA voter law take away?
 
User avatar
BN727227Ultra
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Big winner in all this? United.
 
meecrob
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I remember how we are supposed to model our health care system after Canada well how about their voting system?

https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?s ... dex&lang=e


Canada must be racist as well for requiring ID


Canada can be racist, and sometimes for the reason you mentioned...but send me your address, I'll buy you a mirror.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:33 pm

and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)
 
luckyone
Posts: 3845
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:05 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)

While another gem of a soundbite from Gov. Abbott, it's likely all hot air. It wouldn't happen quickly, but any retribution on the part of state governments toward a corporation would be remembered the next time the company needed a new headquarters, or an expansion, or a renewal of their tax deal. Gov Abbott is unlikely to forget that the reasons companies came to Texas can just as easily be the reason they go somewhere else.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:50 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)


They have gone full cray-cray. It’s as if they never celebrated the Citizens United outcome.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
FGITD
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:11 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)


I’m mostly curious what exactly the repercussions they would threaten corporations with? Raise corporate tax rates and increase regulations? The horror!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18612
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)

"Please continue to send money though" They want the sugar but not the daddy. :rotfl:

FGITD wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)


I’m mostly curious what exactly the repercussions they would threaten corporations with? Raise corporate tax rates and increase regulations? The horror!

They've been threatening us with a good time whether it's raising taxes, increasing regulations, busting pro sport monopolies lol...
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:51 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm not convinced by all these right-wing posters who have suddenly always been against corporate power. The GOP only spent the last forty years helping big businesses grow as large, as undertaxed, and as underregulated as they could get away with. You don't get to complain when they choose to start throwing their weight around.


Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:

ER757 wrote:
and here's Mitch the hypocrite McConnell saying businesses should stay out of politics. You can't get any more two-faced than that. Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a world class jerk?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics ... index.html


Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)

"Please continue to send money though" They want the sugar but not the daddy. :rotfl:

FGITD wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:

Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:



Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)


I’m mostly curious what exactly the repercussions they would threaten corporations with? Raise corporate tax rates and increase regulations? The horror!

They've been threatening us with a good time whether it's raising taxes, increasing regulations, busting pro sport monopolies lol...


Remember when Mitch told the MyPillow guy to STFU about politics? Me neither :rotfl:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23569
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 am

bigGAplane wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Republicans keep saying they are patriotic and how they defend freedom and liberty but then they take away freedom and liberty from other Americans. Republicans whine about "cancel culture" while trying to cancel voting then complain they are the victims when people resist and try to vote.


What freedom or liberty does the GA voter law take away?


Voting.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14506
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 am

meecrob wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I remember how we are supposed to model our health care system after Canada well how about their voting system?

https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?s ... dex&lang=e


Canada must be racist as well for requiring ID


Canada can be racist, and sometimes for the reason you mentioned...but send me your address, I'll buy you a mirror.


I do think that the Canadian Health Card fulfills the Voter ID requirement, and iirc every resident has one, so that isn´t even an obstacle.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm

seb146 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Republicans keep saying they are patriotic and how they defend freedom and liberty but then they take away freedom and liberty from other Americans. Republicans whine about "cancel culture" while trying to cancel voting then complain they are the victims when people resist and try to vote.


What freedom or liberty does the GA voter law take away?


Voting.


How so? Be specific.
 
Airontario
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:04 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
meecrob wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

Canada must be racist as well for requiring ID


Canada can be racist, and sometimes for the reason you mentioned...but send me your address, I'll buy you a mirror.


I do think that the Canadian Health Card fulfills the Voter ID requirement, and iirc every resident has one, so that isn´t even an obstacle.

best regards
Thomas


Yes a health card is acceptable to show to vote. (just a note that each province has their own healthcare system, so "Canadian Health Cards" don't exist, each province and territory has their own.)

But also if you look on that site that is provided, there are tonnes of things that can be used for identification. Basically it boils down to:

A) 1 piece of photo ID that shows your address. In Ontario this is your drivers license, Health Card, etc. In reality everyone will have a health card at the very least, because there is no fee to get them, and why wouldn't you have one since it allows for you access healthcare.

B) Two separate pieces of ID that may or may not have your photo, as long as one of them has your address. You could use you passport here, but since it doesn't have your address on it, you'd need something else. That could be a pay stub, income tax form, hydro bill, etc. Again not sure who wouldn't have access to these.

C) If for whatever reason you don't have any of the above, you can basically have someone come with you to the polling station, and they vouch for you being a legal voter.

In general our system works really well. Like many of the posters in Europe, our polling stations are located in places like Churches, Schools, Community Centres, etc. There are multiple locations in every riding that are dived by address, so that there are no big bottlenecks. In my experience I've never been behind more than 10 people in a lineup to vote on election day.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:07 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:

Something that seems to be lost on Mitch McConnell:



Also Gov. Abbott of Texas warning Texas companies:

Gov. Greg Abbott Warns Texas Companies: Stay Out Of Politics (Source: Real Clear Politics)

"Please continue to send money though" They want the sugar but not the daddy. :rotfl:

FGITD wrote:

I’m mostly curious what exactly the repercussions they would threaten corporations with? Raise corporate tax rates and increase regulations? The horror!

They've been threatening us with a good time whether it's raising taxes, increasing regulations, busting pro sport monopolies lol...


Remember when Mitch told the MyPillow guy to STFU about politics? Me neither :rotfl:


Great article on the hypocrisy being presented by the GOP.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-res ... ost-2021-4

In a strange twist of events, the typically pro-corporate, hyper-patriotic GOP is now calling for boycotts of Coke, perhaps the country's most iconic brand, and America's favorite pastime.

"If @mlb is boycotting states that pass Republican election integrity laws, maybe Republicans should boycott Major League Baseball?" GOP Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky tweeted on Monday.


"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement on Monday.

"Why are we still listening to these woke corporate hypocrites on taxes, regulations & antitrust?" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida tweeted on Friday.

Indeed, the same party that has consistently backed the notion corporations should be granted the same free speech rights as people is now leading the charge to punish companies that expressed views contrary to their agenda.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:14 pm

Airontario wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
meecrob wrote:

Canada can be racist, and sometimes for the reason you mentioned...but send me your address, I'll buy you a mirror.


I do think that the Canadian Health Card fulfills the Voter ID requirement, and iirc every resident has one, so that isn´t even an obstacle.

best regards
Thomas


Yes a health card is acceptable to show to vote. (just a note that each province has their own healthcare system, so "Canadian Health Cards" don't exist, each province and territory has their own.)

But also if you look on that site that is provided, there are tonnes of things that can be used for identification. Basically it boils down to:

A) 1 piece of photo ID that shows your address. In Ontario this is your drivers license, Health Card, etc. In reality everyone will have a health card at the very least, because there is no fee to get them, and why wouldn't you have one since it allows for you access healthcare.

B) Two separate pieces of ID that may or may not have your photo, as long as one of them has your address. You could use you passport here, but since it doesn't have your address on it, you'd need something else. That could be a pay stub, income tax form, hydro bill, etc. Again not sure who wouldn't have access to these.

C) If for whatever reason you don't have any of the above, you can basically have someone come with you to the polling station, and they vouch for you being a legal voter.

In general our system works really well. Like many of the posters in Europe, our polling stations are located in places like Churches, Schools, Community Centres, etc. There are multiple locations in every riding that are dived by address, so that there are no big bottlenecks. In my experience I've never been behind more than 10 people in a lineup to vote on election day.


The new Georgia law requires that someone who votes via absentee ballot provide 1 of 3 things:

1. A drivers license number

or

2. A state ID number

or

3. If a person doesn't have either of those things...the last 4 digits of their social security number


So if you don't have a drivers license or a state ID you can just write in the last 4 digits of their social security number.

As you can see, the liberals are crying wolf over absolutely nothing. The President made false claims, he was called out for those false claims, but most of his electors just repeat what he says without bothering to read what the bill says.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:26 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
Airontario wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I do think that the Canadian Health Card fulfills the Voter ID requirement, and iirc every resident has one, so that isn´t even an obstacle.

best regards
Thomas


Yes a health card is acceptable to show to vote. (just a note that each province has their own healthcare system, so "Canadian Health Cards" don't exist, each province and territory has their own.)

But also if you look on that site that is provided, there are tonnes of things that can be used for identification. Basically it boils down to:

A) 1 piece of photo ID that shows your address. In Ontario this is your drivers license, Health Card, etc. In reality everyone will have a health card at the very least, because there is no fee to get them, and why wouldn't you have one since it allows for you access healthcare.

B) Two separate pieces of ID that may or may not have your photo, as long as one of them has your address. You could use you passport here, but since it doesn't have your address on it, you'd need something else. That could be a pay stub, income tax form, hydro bill, etc. Again not sure who wouldn't have access to these.

C) If for whatever reason you don't have any of the above, you can basically have someone come with you to the polling station, and they vouch for you being a legal voter.

In general our system works really well. Like many of the posters in Europe, our polling stations are located in places like Churches, Schools, Community Centres, etc. There are multiple locations in every riding that are dived by address, so that there are no big bottlenecks. In my experience I've never been behind more than 10 people in a lineup to vote on election day.


The new Georgia law requires that someone who votes via absentee ballot provide 1 of 3 things:

1. A drivers license number

or

2. A state ID number

or

3. If a person doesn't have either of those things...the last 4 digits of their social security number


So if you don't have a drivers license or a state ID you can just write in the last 4 digits of their social security number.

As you can see, the liberals are crying wolf over absolutely nothing. The President made
false claims, he was called out for those false claims, but most of his electors just repeat what he says without bothering to read what the bill says.


This bill only furthers lies presented by Donald Trump. No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.

This bill specifically takes away the power that stood between Donald Trump and the advancement of his fraudulent attempts. This bill puts that power in the same legislature that created these laws based on lies. This bill is a subversion of Georgian voting powers for partisan plays. The question one should ask is whether this bill helps all Georgians or only the Georgians who control the legislature?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
Airontario wrote:

Yes a health card is acceptable to show to vote. (just a note that each province has their own healthcare system, so "Canadian Health Cards" don't exist, each province and territory has their own.)

But also if you look on that site that is provided, there are tonnes of things that can be used for identification. Basically it boils down to:

A) 1 piece of photo ID that shows your address. In Ontario this is your drivers license, Health Card, etc. In reality everyone will have a health card at the very least, because there is no fee to get them, and why wouldn't you have one since it allows for you access healthcare.

B) Two separate pieces of ID that may or may not have your photo, as long as one of them has your address. You could use you passport here, but since it doesn't have your address on it, you'd need something else. That could be a pay stub, income tax form, hydro bill, etc. Again not sure who wouldn't have access to these.

C) If for whatever reason you don't have any of the above, you can basically have someone come with you to the polling station, and they vouch for you being a legal voter.

In general our system works really well. Like many of the posters in Europe, our polling stations are located in places like Churches, Schools, Community Centres, etc. There are multiple locations in every riding that are dived by address, so that there are no big bottlenecks. In my experience I've never been behind more than 10 people in a lineup to vote on election day.


The new Georgia law requires that someone who votes via absentee ballot provide 1 of 3 things:

1. A drivers license number

or

2. A state ID number

or

3. If a person doesn't have either of those things...the last 4 digits of their social security number


So if you don't have a drivers license or a state ID you can just write in the last 4 digits of their social security number.

As you can see, the liberals are crying wolf over absolutely nothing. The President made
false claims, he was called out for those false claims, but most of his electors just repeat what he says without bothering to read what the bill says.


This bill only furthers lies presented by Donald Trump. No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.

This bill specifically takes away the power that stood between Donald Trump and the advancement of his fraudulent attempts. This bill puts that power in the same legislature that created these laws based on lies. This bill is a subversion of Georgian voting powers for partisan plays. The question one should ask is whether this bill helps all Georgians or only the Georgians who control the legislature?


Considering the Georgia legislature was just elected in November, i'd say a majority in Georgia support being able to hold county officials accountable when they are unable to run elections according to the law in their county. Nothing wrong with this. Georgia used to have a massive issue with long lines at the polls. Then, most counties made changes and fixed the problem. A couple of counties have not. This bill adds steps the state elections board and the legislature can now hold them accountable. Accountability was never a bad thing until woke leftists started repeating the same lie over and over.
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm

casinterest wrote:
No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.


That's a LIE.

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/ ... rosecution
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

The new Georgia law requires that someone who votes via absentee ballot provide 1 of 3 things:

1. A drivers license number

or

2. A state ID number

or

3. If a person doesn't have either of those things...the last 4 digits of their social security number


So if you don't have a drivers license or a state ID you can just write in the last 4 digits of their social security number.

As you can see, the liberals are crying wolf over absolutely nothing. The President made
false claims, he was called out for those false claims, but most of his electors just repeat what he says without bothering to read what the bill says.


This bill only furthers lies presented by Donald Trump. No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.

This bill specifically takes away the power that stood between Donald Trump and the advancement of his fraudulent attempts. This bill puts that power in the same legislature that created these laws based on lies. This bill is a subversion of Georgian voting powers for partisan plays. The question one should ask is whether this bill helps all Georgians or only the Georgians who control the legislature?


Considering the Georgia legislature was just elected in November, i'd say a majority in Georgia support being able to hold county officials accountable when they are unable to run elections according to the law in their county. Nothing wrong with this. Georgia used to have a massive issue with long lines at the polls. Then, most counties made changes and fixed the problem. A couple of counties have not. This bill adds steps the state elections board and the legislature can now hold them accountable. Accountability was never a bad thing until woke leftists started repeating the same lie over and over.



These laws, and the ones that were dropped from the final bill were all pushed by Conservative outlets in response to Trump's lies. There are multiple laws all spawned from some conservative bill writing company that are matriculating themselves though multiple state governments. There was no fraud found outside of Trump. Why create more bureaucracy and lies to cover it in Georgia? I thought the GOP was all about smaller efficient government?

The Water, mail in ballots, drop box items are all used as limitations on the power that was needed to help people vote during the pandemic. Laws should be written to enhance access to voting. Not restrict it.


Either way
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:54 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

The new Georgia law requires that someone who votes via absentee ballot provide 1 of 3 things:

1. A drivers license number

or

2. A state ID number

or

3. If a person doesn't have either of those things...the last 4 digits of their social security number


So if you don't have a drivers license or a state ID you can just write in the last 4 digits of their social security number.

As you can see, the liberals are crying wolf over absolutely nothing. The President made
false claims, he was called out for those false claims, but most of his electors just repeat what he says without bothering to read what the bill says.


This bill only furthers lies presented by Donald Trump. No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.

This bill specifically takes away the power that stood between Donald Trump and the advancement of his fraudulent attempts. This bill puts that power in the same legislature that created these laws based on lies. This bill is a subversion of Georgian voting powers for partisan plays. The question one should ask is whether this bill helps all Georgians or only the Georgians who control the legislature?


Considering the Georgia legislature was just elected in November, i'd say a majority in Georgia support being able to hold county officials accountable when they are unable to run elections according to the law in their county. Nothing wrong with this. Georgia used to have a massive issue with long lines at the polls. Then, most counties made changes and fixed the problem. A couple of counties have not. This bill adds steps the state elections board and the legislature can now hold them accountable. Accountability was never a bad thing until woke leftists started repeating the same lie over and over.


Ah, it's about 'woke leftists' now. Funny, I thought this was a serious discussion for a moment there. :sarcastic:

How many members elected to the Georgia lege in November campaigned on the state policing elections better? How many ran on MAGA values? For the latter they are in a hyperemotional world free of facts anyway and likely support this effort not because they understand election law but because they believe Trump got robbed somehow.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:57 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.


That's a LIE.

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/ ... rosecution


Pipe down, Gramps. There are scores of fraud cases in every election. 35 into 4,999,960 votes is .000007%. Hot dog! We have a serious problem here folks.

Perhaps you didn't notice the earlier mention in the thread of the federal investigation into fraud in NC. Over 70 prosecutions there, on an inquiry started by Barr's DOJ. Ah, but that's right, no stamping of feet about NC because guess who won the general in that state? Rinse, repeat.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.


That's a LIE.

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/ ... rosecution



And those people were booked under existing laws. Where is the evidence of voter fraud requiring new laws?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:

This bill only furthers lies presented by Donald Trump. No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.

This bill specifically takes away the power that stood between Donald Trump and the advancement of his fraudulent attempts. This bill puts that power in the same legislature that created these laws based on lies. This bill is a subversion of Georgian voting powers for partisan plays. The question one should ask is whether this bill helps all Georgians or only the Georgians who control the legislature?


Considering the Georgia legislature was just elected in November, i'd say a majority in Georgia support being able to hold county officials accountable when they are unable to run elections according to the law in their county. Nothing wrong with this. Georgia used to have a massive issue with long lines at the polls. Then, most counties made changes and fixed the problem. A couple of counties have not. This bill adds steps the state elections board and the legislature can now hold them accountable. Accountability was never a bad thing until woke leftists started repeating the same lie over and over.



These laws, and the ones that were dropped from the final bill were all pushed by Conservative outlets in response to Trump's lies. There are multiple laws all spawned from some conservative bill writing company that are matriculating themselves though multiple state governments. There was no fraud found outside of Trump. Why create more bureaucracy and lies to cover it in Georgia? I thought the GOP was all about smaller efficient government?

The Water, mail in ballots, drop box items are all used as limitations on the power that was needed to help people vote during the pandemic. Laws should be written to enhance access to voting. Not restrict it.


Either way



Changes to state elections happen ALL THE TIME.

How does saying that you need to leave people alone in line and you can't offer them gifts including food/water restrict voting?

How does saying you have to write your drivers license number, state ID number, or last 4 of your SSN restrict voting?

Drop boxes are NOT part of the law. They were used in 2020 due to a TEMPORARY EMERGENCY ORDER. Without this law, there would be 0 drop boxes the next election. What part of this do you not understand? How does making drop boxes mandatory restrict voting?

Stop parroting what the politicians you support say and actually spend some time to read the law and understand the law.
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:15 pm

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
No fraud occurred in the 2020 election other than the lies and attempted subversion of the vote by Donald Trump.


That's a LIE.

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/ ... rosecution



And those people were booked under existing laws. Where is the evidence of voter fraud requiring new laws?


Laws are updated ALL THE TIME. The law addresses several existing issues that the law doesn't address. For example, the change to mail in voting is due to the fact that a signature is subjective whereas an ID number or last 4 of your SSN are not. Also, as someone who DID work at the polls in previous elections...signature verification is a time consuming task for poll workers. That's part of the reason election results were delayed so much. This law streamlines that process.

But hey...you don't want to hear any of this because President Biden says it's Jim Crow laws. Parroting what these liberal politicians say without doing any research on your own just makes you look as silly as he does.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:24 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:



And those people were booked under existing laws. Where is the evidence of voter fraud requiring new laws?


Laws are updated ALL THE TIME. The law addresses several existing issues that the law doesn't address. For example, the change to mail in voting is due to the fact that a signature is subjective whereas an ID number or last 4 of your SSN are not. Also, as someone who DID work at the polls in previous elections...signature verification is a time consuming task for poll workers. That's part of the reason election results were delayed so much. This law streamlines that process.

But hey...you don't want to hear any of this because President Biden says it's Jim Crow laws. Parroting what these liberal politicians say without doing any research on your own just makes you look as silly as he does.



These are Jim crow laws. The GOP as a whole is advancing these bills throughout the states. When you vote in person in most states, your name is checked off the ballot. If someone else tries to claim to be you, they run the risk of being arrested as a felon. The more people that vote, the more alarms we should have if signatures, or false voting was a real issue. It is a simple mathematical certainty . These laws are used to discourage voting. The issue of ballot drop boxes should not be an issue either, as people need to work against an overworked Postal service to ensure that ballots get in on time.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18612
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:36 pm

bigGAplane wrote:


As you can see, the liberals are crying wolf over absolutely nothing. The President made false claims, he was called out for those false claims, but most of his electors just repeat what he says without bothering to read what the bill says.

I agree Trump made false claims, and most of his party and supporters continue to repeat what he says without bothering to join reality. In fact many of his supporters are being sued billions for the big lie.

That said, you're focused entirely too much on the ID portion of the law, which isn't that dramatically different from when all the usual suspect states lined up hundreds of voter suppression laws the nanosecond the voting rights act was largely struck down...you know...for voter suppression I mean integrity *wink*.

bigGAplane wrote:
Accountability was never a bad thing until woke leftists started repeating the same lie over and over.

Uh accountability was never a question--it's still not a question according to GA GOP leaders--until republicans noticed a lot of non whites going to the polls, beating their terrible candidates for President and senator. Don't kid yourself.
bigGAplane wrote:
Laws are updated ALL THE TIME.

LOL how stupid do you have to believe this? I mean honestly. Trump loses and all of a sudden we have hundreds of voter suppression laws just coincidentally popping up everywhere because a large minority of the country "feels" the election was stolen. Total coincidence. Just your daily reminder that white supremacy is house of cards built by the least supreme people... :rotfl:

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:


And those people were booked under existing laws. Where is the evidence of voter fraud requiring new laws?


Laws are updated ALL THE TIME. The law addresses several existing issues that the law doesn't address. For example, the change to mail in voting is due to the fact that a signature is subjective whereas an ID number or last 4 of your SSN are not. Also, as someone who DID work at the polls in previous elections...signature verification is a time consuming task for poll workers. That's part of the reason election results were delayed so much. This law streamlines that process.

But hey...you don't want to hear any of this because President Biden says it's Jim Crow laws. Parroting what these liberal politicians say without doing any research on your own just makes you look as silly as he does.



These are Jim crow laws. The GOP as a whole is advancing these bills throughout the states. When you vote in person in most states, your name is checked off the ballot. If someone else tries to claim to be you, they run the risk of being arrested as a felon. The more people that vote, the more alarms we should have if signatures, or false voting was a real issue. It is a simple mathematical certainty . These laws are used to discourage voting. The issue of ballot drop boxes should not be an issue either, as people need to work against an overworked Postal service to ensure that ballots get in on time.

The economic benefit of fraudulently voting is so laughably bad that it's no surprise there's statistically zero voter fraud. The economics of voter suppression, however, are far better, hence the zillions of laws conservatives have cooked up during and since Jim Crow.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:19 pm

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:


And those people were booked under existing laws. Where is the evidence of voter fraud requiring new laws?


Laws are updated ALL THE TIME. The law addresses several existing issues that the law doesn't address. For example, the change to mail in voting is due to the fact that a signature is subjective whereas an ID number or last 4 of your SSN are not. Also, as someone who DID work at the polls in previous elections...signature verification is a time consuming task for poll workers. That's part of the reason election results were delayed so much. This law streamlines that process.

But hey...you don't want to hear any of this because President Biden says it's Jim Crow laws. Parroting what these liberal politicians say without doing any research on your own just makes you look as silly as he does.



These are Jim crow laws. The GOP as a whole is advancing these bills throughout the states. When you vote in person in most states, your name is checked off the ballot. If someone else tries to claim to be you, they run the risk of being arrested as a felon. The more people that vote, the more alarms we should have if signatures, or false voting was a real issue. It is a simple mathematical certainty . These laws are used to discourage voting. The issue of ballot drop boxes should not be an issue either, as people need to work against an overworked Postal service to ensure that ballots get in on time.


When you vote in most states you SHOW AN ID. As of today, 36 out of 50 states have some form of voter ID requirement. Georgia, has had voter ID in place for those who vote in person for YEARS.

You keep parroting the same thing over and over yet you still haven't made a single valid point (specific) about the GA voter bill that is even remotely close to Jim Crow laws or that discourage voting. None.
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:23 pm

States have a vested interest in safeguarding voter confidence. Even if there was 0 fraud (there was some fraud) a state can, and SHOULD modernize it's elections for that purpose as long as it doesn't create a substantial burden on voters' right to vote. This opinion has been shared even by the US Supreme Court.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14241
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:03 pm

If the laws were just about voter ID and nothing else it wouldn't get that attention. However it's a long list of things, most of which very questionable.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

Laws are updated ALL THE TIME. The law addresses several existing issues that the law doesn't address. For example, the change to mail in voting is due to the fact that a signature is subjective whereas an ID number or last 4 of your SSN are not. Also, as someone who DID work at the polls in previous elections...signature verification is a time consuming task for poll workers. That's part of the reason election results were delayed so much. This law streamlines that process.

But hey...you don't want to hear any of this because President Biden says it's Jim Crow laws. Parroting what these liberal politicians say without doing any research on your own just makes you look as silly as he does.



These are Jim crow laws. The GOP as a whole is advancing these bills throughout the states. When you vote in person in most states, your name is checked off the ballot. If someone else tries to claim to be you, they run the risk of being arrested as a felon. The more people that vote, the more alarms we should have if signatures, or false voting was a real issue. It is a simple mathematical certainty . These laws are used to discourage voting. The issue of ballot drop boxes should not be an issue either, as people need to work against an overworked Postal service to ensure that ballots get in on time.


When you vote in most states you SHOW AN ID. As of today, 36 out of 50 states have some form of voter ID requirement. Georgia, has had voter ID in place for those who vote in person for YEARS.

You keep parroting the same thing over and over yet you still haven't made a single valid point (specific) about the GA voter bill that is even remotely close to Jim Crow laws or that discourage voting. None.


Voter ID is done by addresses. The some sort usually applies when you register, not when you vote. Quit covering for this GOP backed lie. Trump pushed the big lie. Trump is still supported by 80+% of the GOP. There fore the voter fraud and laws are being pushed by people that believe in a lie, and want to discourage voting in districts and areas that do not benefit themselves.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:


These are Jim crow laws. The GOP as a whole is advancing these bills throughout the states. When you vote in person in most states, your name is checked off the ballot. If someone else tries to claim to be you, they run the risk of being arrested as a felon. The more people that vote, the more alarms we should have if signatures, or false voting was a real issue. It is a simple mathematical certainty . These laws are used to discourage voting. The issue of ballot drop boxes should not be an issue either, as people need to work against an overworked Postal service to ensure that ballots get in on time.


When you vote in most states you SHOW AN ID. As of today, 36 out of 50 states have some form of voter ID requirement. Georgia, has had voter ID in place for those who vote in person for YEARS.

You keep parroting the same thing over and over yet you still haven't made a single valid point (specific) about the GA voter bill that is even remotely close to Jim Crow laws or that discourage voting. None.


Voter ID is done by addresses. The some sort usually applies when you register, not when you vote. Quit covering for this GOP backed lie. Trump pushed the big lie. Trump is still supported by 80+% of the GOP. There fore the voter fraud and laws are being pushed by people that believe in a lie, and want to discourage voting in districts and areas that do not benefit themselves.


You still haven't explained how this bill discourages voting. All you keep doing is repeating the same thing over and over which you are parroting from someone else.
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:57 pm

Aesma wrote:
If the laws were just about voter ID and nothing else it wouldn't get that attention. However it's a long list of things, most of which very questionable.


Care to tell me what the "long list of things" is?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

When you vote in most states you SHOW AN ID. As of today, 36 out of 50 states have some form of voter ID requirement. Georgia, has had voter ID in place for those who vote in person for YEARS.

You keep parroting the same thing over and over yet you still haven't made a single valid point (specific) about the GA voter bill that is even remotely close to Jim Crow laws or that discourage voting. None.


Voter ID is done by addresses. The some sort usually applies when you register, not when you vote. Quit covering for this GOP backed lie. Trump pushed the big lie. Trump is still supported by 80+% of the GOP. There fore the voter fraud and laws are being pushed by people that believe in a lie, and want to discourage voting in districts and areas that do not benefit themselves.


You still haven't explained how this bill discourages voting. All you keep doing is repeating the same thing over and over which you are parroting from someone else.



Limiting access to voting, It is what the Bill is designed for . You just choose to believe it makes an highly secure election more secure. It has been highlighted in numerous portions of this thread,. but if you want a recap.


Among the major changes, the law clearly reduces the time for absentee voting: The state used to allow voters to request an absentee ballot up to 180 days before an election; the new law cuts that to 78 days and no later than 11 days before an election. It prohibits officials from sending absentee ballot applications to voters unless the voter specifically requested one, and it adds a requirement for absentee voters to include their driver’s license number or other state ID number. The law also makes it harder to cast a provisional ballot on Election Day if a voter shows up at the wrong precinct: Poll officials are directed to tell voters to travel to their correct precincts, unless it’s after 5 p.m., in which case a


https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/factc ... oting-law/
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:25 pm

casinterest wrote:

Limiting access to voting, It is what the Bill is designed for . You just choose to believe it makes an highly secure election more secure. It has been highlighted in numerous portions of this thread,. but if you want a recap.


This is your unsubstantiated opinion. You still have yet to provide me HOW this bill limits access to voting and HOW it suppresses votes.

casinterest wrote:

Among the major changes, the law clearly reduces the time for absentee voting: The state used to allow voters to request an absentee ballot up to 180 days before an election; the new law cuts that to 78 days and no later than 11 days before an election. It prohibits officials from sending absentee ballot applications to voters unless the voter specifically requested one, and it adds a requirement for absentee voters to include their driver’s license number or other state ID number. The law also makes it harder to cast a provisional ballot on Election Day if a voter shows up at the wrong precinct: Poll officials are directed to tell voters to travel to their correct precincts, unless it’s after 5 p.m., in which case a


https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/factc ... oting-law/


It cuts the timeframe down to 11 weeks from 180 yes. Is 11 weeks really not enough to request a ballot? The state recently made it so you can request an absentee ballot via a website so you can do it directly from your phone. Takes about 30 seconds. Absentee ballots were never mailed out 180 days out, that's just when you could submit a request to get one.

Prohibiting officials from sending out absentee ballots to people that didn't request them is also a good thing. How do you know someone still lives at the same address? How do you know that they are still eligible to vote? How do you know they didn't move out of state? Sending EVERYONE an absentee ballot regardless of if they requested one is a stupid practice. If you want one, you request it. Very simple process. It also doesn't "require" you to include a drivers license number or state ID number since if you don't have one of those IDs you can simply enter the last 4 of your SSN. I guess copying 9 numbers from your drivers license of the last 4 of your social is such a burden and of course it suppresses the vote doesn't it? :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:29 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Limiting access to voting, It is what the Bill is designed for . You just choose to believe it makes an highly secure election more secure. It has been highlighted in numerous portions of this thread,. but if you want a recap.


This is your unsubstantiated opinion. You still have yet to provide me HOW this bill limits access to voting and HOW it suppresses votes.

casinterest wrote:

Among the major changes, the law clearly reduces the time for absentee voting: The state used to allow voters to request an absentee ballot up to 180 days before an election; the new law cuts that to 78 days and no later than 11 days before an election. It prohibits officials from sending absentee ballot applications to voters unless the voter specifically requested one, and it adds a requirement for absentee voters to include their driver’s license number or other state ID number. The law also makes it harder to cast a provisional ballot on Election Day if a voter shows up at the wrong precinct: Poll officials are directed to tell voters to travel to their correct precincts, unless it’s after 5 p.m., in which case a


https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/factc ... oting-law/


It cuts the timeframe down to 11 weeks from 180 yes. Is 11 weeks really not enough to request a ballot? The state recently made it so you can request an absentee ballot via a website so you can do it directly from your phone. Takes about 30 seconds. Absentee ballots were never mailed out 180 days out, that's just when you could submit a request to get one.

Prohibiting officials from sending out absentee ballots to people that didn't request them is also a good thing. How do you know someone still lives at the same address? How do you know that they are still eligible to vote? How do you know they didn't move out of state? Sending EVERYONE an absentee ballot regardless of if they requested one is a stupid practice. If you want one, you request it. Very simple process. It also doesn't "require" you to include a drivers license number or state ID number since if you don't have one of those IDs you can simply enter the last 4 of your SSN. I guess copying 9 numbers from your drivers license of the last 4 of your social is such a burden and of course it suppresses the vote doesn't it? :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:


If you cut time and opportunity to vote, you are discouraging voting. That is the issue.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23569
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:41 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
seb146 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

What freedom or liberty does the GA voter law take away?


Voting.


How so? Be specific.


Taking away ballot drop sites, making vote by mail and absentee voting harder, taking away early voting.

EDIT:

You ask for examples from the bill and you have been given those examples over and over again. Still, you say they don't count and want examples. You have all the information from the bill itself and everyone telling you what the bill says word for word that takes away people's voting. You have the information. You have been given the information in post after post after post.
Last edited by seb146 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23569
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:43 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Limiting access to voting, It is what the Bill is designed for . You just choose to believe it makes an highly secure election more secure. It has been highlighted in numerous portions of this thread,. but if you want a recap.


This is your unsubstantiated opinion. You still have yet to provide me HOW this bill limits access to voting and HOW it suppresses votes.

casinterest wrote:

Among the major changes, the law clearly reduces the time for absentee voting: The state used to allow voters to request an absentee ballot up to 180 days before an election; the new law cuts that to 78 days and no later than 11 days before an election. It prohibits officials from sending absentee ballot applications to voters unless the voter specifically requested one, and it adds a requirement for absentee voters to include their driver’s license number or other state ID number. The law also makes it harder to cast a provisional ballot on Election Day if a voter shows up at the wrong precinct: Poll officials are directed to tell voters to travel to their correct precincts, unless it’s after 5 p.m., in which case a


https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/factc ... oting-law/


It cuts the timeframe down to 11 weeks from 180 yes. Is 11 weeks really not enough to request a ballot? The state recently made it so you can request an absentee ballot via a website so you can do it directly from your phone. Takes about 30 seconds. Absentee ballots were never mailed out 180 days out, that's just when you could submit a request to get one.

Prohibiting officials from sending out absentee ballots to people that didn't request them is also a good thing. How do you know someone still lives at the same address? How do you know that they are still eligible to vote? How do you know they didn't move out of state? Sending EVERYONE an absentee ballot regardless of if they requested one is a stupid practice. If you want one, you request it. Very simple process. It also doesn't "require" you to include a drivers license number or state ID number since if you don't have one of those IDs you can simply enter the last 4 of your SSN. I guess copying 9 numbers from your drivers license of the last 4 of your social is such a burden and of course it suppresses the vote doesn't it? :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:


Add to that the MAGA Postmaster General who tried like everything to slow delivery times, which includes ballots. He is still Postmaster General and is trying to slow delivery times even further. Republicans do not want people voting. Period.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Voting.


How so? Be specific.


Taking away ballot drop sites, making vote by mail and absentee voting harder, taking away early voting.



1. The bill does NOT take away ballot drop sites. If this bill wasn't passed there would be 0 ballot drop sites. The ballot drop boxes were in place in 2020 due to the pandemic and they were allowed ONLY because of a temporary emergency order issued by the state. This bill actually mandates ballot drop sites. Each county has to have a minimum of 1 and up to 1 per 100,000 voters in each respective county. Repeat after me...ballot drop boxes wouldn't exist if this bill wouldn't have passed.

2. Voting by mail and absentee isn't harder. Instead of signature verification now you add your drivers license number, state id number, or if you don't have either you add the last 4 of your SSN. How is that making it harder? You already need a picture ID to vote in person. This simply standardizes the requirement.

3. The bill doesn't take away early voting, it actually expands it. Joe Biden is responsible for spreading this lie and the Washington Post gave Joe Biden 4 pinocchios on this issue. It's the first 4 pinocchio rating he's earned while President. Previously, the state required 16 days of early voting and now this bill required a minimum of 17 days plus 2 weekend days. You see how it's expands early voting?

https://news.yahoo.com/wapo-fact-checke ... 36411.html

and here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... urs-early/
Last edited by bigGAplane on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
You ask for examples from the bill and you have been given those examples over and over again. Still, you say they don't count and want examples. You have all the information from the bill itself and everyone telling you what the bill says word for word that takes away people's voting. You have the information. You have been given the information in post after post after post.


That's because people like you keep repeating lies about the bill. What you say and what is actually in the bill are two completely different things.
 
luckyone
Posts: 3845
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Meanwhile in Kentucky they are expanding voting access.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ing-access
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:11 pm

luckyone wrote:
Meanwhile in Kentucky they are expanding voting access.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ing-access


From the article:

"signed a measure that will establish three days of early voting, stand up voting centers to provide more options for in-person voting and open a digital portal for voters to register and apply for ballots."

Georgia expanded early voting from 16 days to 17 days plus 2 optional for 19 total. Kentucky now has 3 days of early voting.

Georgia will also now have drop boxes for ballots as part of the law. Each county will have a minimum of one. The Atlanta metro will have up to 23 drop boxes.

Georgia already has a digital portal for voters to register and apply for ballots.

Next...
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 pm

The Lt. Governor of GA is even tying the momentum to Trump and Giuliani's lies.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/politics ... index.html

"This is really the fallout from the 10 weeks of misinformation that flew in from former President Donald Trump," Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan said on CNN's "New Day." "I went back over the weekend to really look at where this really started to gain momentum in the legislature, and it was when Rudy Giuliani showed up in a couple of committee rooms and spent hours spreading misinformation and sowing doubt across, you know, hours of testimony."
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
jordanh
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
You ask for examples from the bill and you have been given those examples over and over again. Still, you say they don't count and want examples. You have all the information from the bill itself and everyone telling you what the bill says word for word that takes away people's voting. You have the information. You have been given the information in post after post after post.



You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...


:roll:
 
alfa164
Posts: 3909
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:39 pm

jordanh wrote:
You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...


:roll:



"I've made up my mind... don't confuse me with facts..."
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
bigGAplane
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 pm

jordanh wrote:
seb146 wrote:
You ask for examples from the bill and you have been given those examples over and over again. Still, you say they don't count and want examples. You have all the information from the bill itself and everyone telling you what the bill says word for word that takes away people's voting. You have the information. You have been given the information in post after post after post.



You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...


:roll:


What facts are you talking about? One of the statements above says that the bill takes away early voting. How is that a fact? It's an absolute lie. It actually increases the number of early voting days. You liberals are delusional!
 
luckyone
Posts: 3845
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:01 am

bigGAplane wrote:
jordanh wrote:
seb146 wrote:
You ask for examples from the bill and you have been given those examples over and over again. Still, you say they don't count and want examples. You have all the information from the bill itself and everyone telling you what the bill says word for word that takes away people's voting. You have the information. You have been given the information in post after post after post.



You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...


:roll:

You liberals are delusional!

It’s nigh impossible to take this comment seriously. Why, you may ask? Well, this bill is the direct result of President Narcissistic Snowflake and his delusions of voter fraud. Thus sayeth the Lt. Gov of Georgia and pretty much anyone not bamboozled by the echo chamber...no matter how innocuous some of the provisions may seem.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Topic Author
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 am

bigGAplane wrote:
jordanh wrote:
seb146 wrote:
You ask for examples from the bill and you have been given those examples over and over again. Still, you say they don't count and want examples. You have all the information from the bill itself and everyone telling you what the bill says word for word that takes away people's voting. You have the information. You have been given the information in post after post after post.



You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...


:roll:


What facts are you talking about? One of the statements above says that the bill takes away early voting. How is that a fact? It's an absolute lie. It actually increases the number of early voting days. You liberals are delusional!


You’re talking about a regular election though. In the OP I noted early voting for a runoff election was reduced to one week from three. That certainly reduces access for those with work or home situations where the extra time is a blessing.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
luckyone
Posts: 3845
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 am

Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
jordanh wrote:


You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...


:roll:


What facts are you talking about? One of the statements above says that the bill takes away early voting. How is that a fact? It's an absolute lie. It actually increases the number of early voting days. You liberals are delusional!


You’re talking about a regular election though. In the OP I noted early voting for a runoff election was reduced to one week from three. That certainly reduces access for those with work or home situations where the extra time is a blessing.

Thar couldn’t possibly have anything to do with an embarrassing loss for both of Georgia’s then-Republican Senators in a runoff could it??? Noooo it’s just the timely modifications to the election code. Silly silly silly.
 
mjba257
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 am

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:17 am

In regards to earlier comments about the GOP "punishing" woke companies, here's how to do it:
The next time Bernie, the Squad, Warren or the likes want to go after these big companies, the GOP simply fight back. It's idiotic that these corporations think pandering to leftist causes will make the progressive left back off them. WRONG! They will regulate you guys out of existence the second they have the opportunity.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dtw9 and 35 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos