Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

luckyone

Re: Georgia Election Law Controversy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 am

And perhaps as an indicator that the bad press isn’t all poppycock, starting tomorrow Georgia rolls back all COVID restrictions. Not the first state to do so, but not unlike this bill, the timing strongly suggests the motivation.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... strictions

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:29 am

mjba257 wrote:
In regards to earlier comments about the GOP "punishing" woke companies, here's how to do it:
The next time Bernie, the Squad, Warren or the likes want to go after these big companies, the GOP simply fight back. It's idiotic that these corporations think pandering to leftist causes will make the progressive left back off them. WRONG! They will regulate you guys out of existence the second they have the opportunity.

This is just silly. People can walk and chew gum at the same time - especially educated people running companies such as these. There is no pandering to ‘get politicians off their back’ - I can tell you in my company and many others, senior directors and other leadership are the same men and women who have moved to the center if they were center-right before, or to the left if they were in the center. It’s also completely possible to be for more inclusion and opposed to overregulation/overtaxation.

Why do you think MLB decided to openly oppose the decision in GA? Players were going to boycott the ASG anyway, and some owners were already on board or pushing for action. A few phone calls later it became a united front from the league. That’s playing out in companies everywhere.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

luckyone

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 am

Aaron747 wrote:

This is just silly. People can walk and chew gum at the same time - especially educated people running companies such as these. There is no pandering to ‘get politicians off their back’ - I can tell you in my company and many others, senior directors and other leadership are the same men and women who have moved to the center if they were center-right before, or to the left if they were in the center. It’s also completely possible to be for more inclusion and opposed to overregulation/overtaxation.

Why do you think MLB decided to openly oppose the decision in GA? Players were going to boycott the ASG anyway, and some owners were already on board or pushing for action. A few phone calls later it became a united front from the league. That’s playing out in companies everywhere.

Bear in mind you’re arguing with a user who reports being young, and having a job nowhere near a leadership level. Any purported knowledge about business, taxes, and corporate policy is regurgitation. I’d wager a LOT of money that I pay significantly more in taxes than the person in question even earns in one year.

bigGAplane

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:46 am

Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
jordanh wrote:

You can't win with logic and facts, when you are arguing with someone who joined A.net two days ago with the obvious sole purpose of fighting with critics of Georgia's voter suppression attempts, and who refuses to accept facts or statements from the very people who are a part of Georgia government. I am not sure why such a person would choose this website (right... not sure... but one can guess) and never post a single comment about aviation.

Makes one think someone might have an agenda...

:roll:

What facts are you talking about? One of the statements above says that the bill takes away early voting. How is that a fact? It's an absolute lie. It actually increases the number of early voting days. You liberals are delusional!

You’re talking about a regular election though. In the OP I noted early voting for a runoff election was reduced to one week from three. That certainly reduces access for those with work or home situations where the extra time is a blessing.

The runoff election is held 4 weeks after the general election. People don't want to have the runoff after holidays and after the term actually starts. The election process begins as soon as possible after the general election and the law requires a minimum of 1 week early voting. That's not getting rid of early voting. Stop trying to deflect and deceive.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:56 am

bigGAplane wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

What facts are you talking about? One of the statements above says that the bill takes away early voting. How is that a fact? It's an absolute lie. It actually increases the number of early voting days. You liberals are delusional!

You’re talking about a regular election though. In the OP I noted early voting for a runoff election was reduced to one week from three. That certainly reduces access for those with work or home situations where the extra time is a blessing.

The runoff election is held 4 weeks after the general election. People don't want to have the runoff after holidays and after the term actually starts. The election process begins as soon as possible after the general election and the law requires a minimum of 1 week early voting. That's not getting rid of early voting. Stop trying to deflect and deceive.

I didn’t make that statement - I said runoff early voting access was reduced. Because it was. Now what do you think that was a response to? Could it have anything to do with victories by Ossoff and Warnock?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

alfa164

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 am

bigGAplane wrote:
You liberals are delusional!

For decades, we have consistently decried the lack of voter participation national elections. Now that participation has increased - to a record number - the party that loses an election suddenly decides that increased voting is not such a good thing after all. It isn't "liberals vs. conservatives"; it is a case of winners vs. irate losers.

Anyone who thinks that any citizen who supports expanded, rather than restricted, voting rights has to be a "liberal" is the delusional one. Just sayin'...

I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 am

mjba257 wrote:
In regards to earlier comments about the GOP "punishing" woke companies, here's how to do it:
The next time Bernie, the Squad, Warren or the likes want to go after these big companies, the GOP simply fight back. It's idiotic that these corporations think pandering to leftist causes will make the progressive left back off them. WRONG! They will regulate you guys out of existence the second they have the opportunity.

Regulated like letting people vote and paying people a descent wage or regulated like not getting a pass to dump toxic waste?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

bigGAplane

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 am

Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I didn’t make that statement - I said runoff early voting access was reduced. Because it was. Now what do you think that was a response to? Could it have anything to do with victories by Ossoff and Warnock?

If that was the case, they'd just eliminate the runoff since both Ossoff and Warnock would have lost if the person with the most votes in the general election would automatically win. (Warnock did get more votes than the Republican candidates but that's because 2 Republicans split the vote).

FGITD

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 am

luckyone wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Bear in mind you’re arguing with a user who reports being young, and having a job nowhere near a leadership level. Any purported knowledge about business, taxes, and corporate policy is regurgitation. I’d wager a LOT of money that I pay significantly more in taxes than the person in question even earns in one year.

It’s also a hilariously stupid “hot take” if you will.

So the way to get back at these “woke” corporations who disagree with the GOP, is that next Democrats try to increase corporate tax and regulations, the GOP should...argue in favor of the corporations?

Boy, that’ll show them! Next time someone flips you off in traffic, throw a $100 bill at them to show them you mean business and won’t stand for this!

I also enjoy the notion that it would be a new phenomenon for the GOP to argue against corporate regulations and tax.

MaverickM11

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:57 am

mjba257 wrote:

Lol wut. Did you think that all the way through? Read it again out loud. Slowly.
I don't take responsibility at all

MaverickM11

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:00 am

Earth warmed by nearby star; water wet, etc:

Georgia's GOP lieutenant governor says Giuliani's false fraud claims helped lead to restrictive voting law

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/politics ... index.html

casinterest

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Eric Bolling, Can't even defend the laws.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/thats-disgu ... ction-law/
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

bigGAplane

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:55 pm

alfa164 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

For decades, we have consistently decried the lack of voter participation national elections. Now that participation has increased - to a record number - the party that loses an election suddenly decides that increased voting is not such a good thing after all. It isn't "liberals vs. conservatives"; it is a case of winners vs. irate losers.

Anyone who thinks that any citizen who supports expanded, rather than restricted, voting rights has to be a "liberal" is the delusional one. Just sayin'...

Many liberal countries in Europe have a considerably higher voters turnout and much stricter voter ID requirement. The issue isn't how easy it is for people to vote, it's that people are just too lazy to put in the minimal effort required to vote.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

Many liberal countries in Europe have a considerably higher voters turnout and much stricter voter ID requirement. The issue isn't how easy it is for people to vote, it's that people are just too lazy to put in the minimal effort required to vote.

As previously stated, it is easier to vote because most European countries conduct elections on Saturday or Sunday. It is also easier to take time off in Europe from work as a general rule.

bigGAplane

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

As previously stated, it is easier to vote because most European countries conduct elections on Saturday or Sunday. It is also easier to take time off in Europe from work as a general rule.

It has very little to do with that and a lot to do with civic duty. The United States literally spoon feeds you so you can vote. You have weeks of early voting in most states, mail-in voting in most states etc. This isn't the case in many European countries.

There's reality and then there's liberal lies and delusion.

Btw: I lived in Europe for close to a decade to the BS about voting in Europe doesn't phase me.

casinterest

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:33 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

It has very little to do with that and a lot to do with civic duty. The United States literally spoon feeds you so you can vote. You have weeks of early voting in most states, mail-in voting in most states etc. This isn't the case in many European countries.

Btw: I lived in Europe for close to a decade to the BS about voting in Europe doesn't phase me.

And you still migrate from the fact that we have the Lt Governor of Georgia stating that all these laws were brought to the forefront by the big Lie told by Trump.

These laws were designed to restrict voting that occurred in 2020, which was legal and with a large turnout. There is nothing honorable about what the Georgia GOP did here. These were laws based on Lies.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

luckyone

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
And you still migrate from the fact that we have the Lt Governor of Georgia stating that all these laws were brought to the forefront by the big Lie told by Trump.

These laws were designed to restrict voting that occurred in 2020, which was legal and with a large turnout. There is nothing honorable about what the Georgia GOP did here. These were laws based on Lies.

Why are we bothering to directly argue at this point...it's going round and round in circles and it's very clear we're dealing with a troll or an operative.

casinterest

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:41 pm

luckyone wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Why are we bothering to directly argue at this point...it's going round and round in circles and it's very clear we're dealing with a troll or an operative.

I want to see how long they last. They must have a heck of a moneyroll banking them,

alfa164

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:52 pm

luckyone wrote:

I am betting on an operative. As someone pointed-out earlier... a poster signs up - three days ago! - on an Airline-oriented website just to argue about Georgia voting laws...

luckyone

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:13 pm

alfa164 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

I am betting on an operative. As someone pointed-out earlier... a poster signs up - three days ago! - on an Airline-oriented website just to argue about Georgia voting laws...

I'd be curious if someone more skilled than I could trace the IP :devil:

bigGAplane

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:17 pm

casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

It doesn't matter "why" you think these laws were passed. What matter is the content of the laws and if they make sense. The answer is YES they do.

You liberals have absolutely no clue what is in this bill, you just repeat what you hear on CNN and MSNBC that fits your narrative. They've got you guys brainwashed good. It's like a commercial, if they just repeat that the law is racist 3 times then people will believe it. Well...at least certain ones.

casinterest

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:20 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

It doesn't matter "why" you think these laws were passed. What matter is the content of the laws and if they make sense. The answer is YES they do.

You liberals have absolutely no clue what is in this bill, you just repeat what you hear on CNN and MSNBC that fits your narrative. They've got you guys brainwashed good. It's like a commercial, if they just repeat that the law is racist 3 times then people will believe it. Well...at least certain ones.

They make no sense other than to limit voting and add more Government to people's lives with more Regulations. Something the GOP should be against. So tell me why these laws make sense?

luckyone

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:39 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

Please tell us how removing the Secretary of State from the election board in lieu of a legislature-appointed individual makes sense. Also please tell us how that isn't retaliation for Raffensperger not indulging then-President Trump in his delusional fraud fantasy (perhaps you missed that phone call?).

seb146

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:55 pm

bigGAplane wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:

The only thing close to a federal law about voting is age, citizenship, and the exact date each state must decide it's representatives for the Electoral College. That's it. Each state takes it's own path to get ballots to their citizens. Yes, some states do "spoon feed" us ballots so we can decide on our own schedule when to vote, while others decide the time and place. That's why there is such a big deal being made about Georgia vs. Colorado.

mjba257

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:10 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:
The next time Bernie, the Squad, Warren or the likes want to go after these big companies, the GOP simply doesn't fight back. It's idiotic that these corporations think pandering to leftist causes will make the progressive left back off them. WRONG! They will regulate you guys out of existence the second they have the opportunity.

The MLB were cowards who buckled to pressure from a tiny group of radicals with no real power other than they were loud and amplified by twitter bots. That's how this shit always happens. The vast majority of players did not back this decision. Over half of pro-baseball players are conservative. And the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed the MLB's decision. Corporate America lives in an echo chamber. No clue how people actually think. Hence why they take the wrong side on almost every issue.

mjba257

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:

Regulated like letting people vote and paying people a descent wage or regulated like not getting a pass to dump toxic waste?

Regulate in every way possible. And the GOP ain't gonna fight back 'cuz Corporate America burned so many bridges with them. Corporate America has what is coming for them. Higher taxes, more regulation, and I say GOOD! If you go woke, you go broke :)

mjba257

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:18 pm

I apologize for a typo I made in a previous post.
What I'm saying is that the next time AOC or the Squad, Bernie, Warren or whoever on the left proposes anti-corporate legislation, be it increased regulations, corporate tax raises, a higher minimum wage, etc, the GOP simply does NOT push back. For years, the GOP has stood up for corporate interests, which in my opinion, was to their detriment. But since corporate America has decided to go full woke, they have burned so many bridges with their former allies in the GOP. So why should the GOP stand up for corporate American when corporate America didn't stand up for them?

alfa164

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm

mjba257 wrote:
The vast majority of players did not back this decision. Over half of pro-baseball players are conservative. And the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed the MLB's decision. Corporate America lives in an echo chamber. No clue how people actually think. Hence why they take the wrong side on almost every issue.

Prove it. Find some facts or sources.

Otherwise, it is just paranoid bluster from someone with no knowledge or proof at all.

N867DA

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:58 pm

In the current political climate Republicans do poorly if more people vote. It isn't a secret. To be even more blunt, Republicans don't want people like me to vote.

What's notable is that even after this law is enforced, Georgia still has more early voting and looser voter ID rules than some purplish-blue/solid blue states. That is fine--but the intent is to dissuade just enough people from voting to swing the state red. It's very curious to work out why the state is limiting voting times and the number of dropoff boxes. I bet with the new rules in place Warnock and Ossoff wouldn't have won...but the state had no problem certifying those elections as fraud-free. Curious.

It's up to Georgians to vote against the party that's actively trying to disenfranchise people.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

SL1200MK2

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:11 pm

mjba257 wrote:
What I'm saying is that the next time AOC or the Squad, Bernie, Warren or whoever on the left proposes anti-corporate legislation, be it increased regulations, corporate tax raises, a higher minimum wage, etc, the GOP simply does NOT push back. For years, the GOP has stood up for corporate interests, which in my opinion, was to their detriment. But since corporate America has decided to go full woke, they have burned so many bridges with their former allies in the GOP. So why should the GOP stand up for corporate American when corporate America didn't stand up for them?

That's just the thing. Corporations need not be concerned with what anyone thinks of them but rather, are the spending money or not. Folks can be as mad as they would like and the only thing corporations need be concerned with is their bottom line. This reminds me of Twitter and how up-in-arms conservatives are with it, yet can't seem to stop using it. That said, we do similar things on the left. A good example that I often see are people disliking Amazon yet consistently ordering from them. While I am not sure about the hyperbole regarding half of the MLB players and fans being against their decision to move the All Star Game, perhaps they are more concerned with what is actually right. I'm guessing they feel that conservatives will most likely still show up for games, will still buy the products advertised during the games and MLB can continue promoting what is right.

luckyone

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:30 pm

SL1200MK2 wrote:
That's just the thing. Corporations need not be concerned with what anyone thinks of them but rather, are the spending money or not. Folks can be as mad as they would like and the only thing corporations need be concerned with is their bottom line. This reminds me of Twitter and how up-in-arms conservatives are with it, yet can't seem to stop using it. That said, we do similar things on the left. A good example that I often see are people disliking Amazon yet consistently ordering from them. While I am not sure about the hyperbole regarding half of the MLB players and fans being against their decision to move the All Star Game, perhaps they are more concerned with what is actually right. I'm guessing they feel that conservatives will most likely still show up for games, will still buy the products advertised during the games and MLB can continue promoting what is right.

I'm sorry but I'm still having side splitting laughter about this sudden change-of-heart about corporate money, how corporations should be punished (but please keep donating!!!), and how the GOP suddenly shouldn't stand up for corporate interests. This is fabulous entertainment. I'd love for Mitch McConnell and Kshama Sawant to have a kiki about corporate money. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

alfa164

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 pm

luckyone wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

I'm sorry but I'm still having side splitting laughter about this sudden change-of-heart about corporate money, how corporations should be punished (but please keep donating!!!), and how the GOP suddenly shouldn't stand up for corporate interests. This is fabulous entertainment. I'd love for Mitch McConnell and Kshama Sawant to have a kiki about corporate money. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

McConnell is the poster boy (okay... that would be a very ugly poster) for corporate influence; he took in more money from Corporate CEO's than anyone else. He doesn't object when corporations donate boat-loads of money in order to have an undue influence on politics, but when they start speaking out about injustices suffered by real Americans, they’ve gone too far.

“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell said in a Monday news conference. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”

Of course, he had to quickly change that position:

“I’m not talking about political contributions,” he later added. “Most of them contribute to both sides. They have political action committees; that’s fine, it’s legal, it’s appropriate, I support that. I’m talking about taking a position on a highly incendiary issue like this and punishing a community or a state because you don’t like a particular law that passed. I just think it’s stupid.”

As the old Swahili saying goes, "It makes a difference whose ox is gored..."

;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/07/appropriate-or-not-very-smart-where-mitch-mcconnell-draws-line-corporate-political-engagement/

luckyone

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:26 pm

alfa164 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

McConnell is the poster boy (okay... that would be a very ugly poster) for corporate influence; he took in more money from Corporate CEO's than anyone else. He doesn't object when corporations donate boat-loads of money in order to have an undue influence on politics, but when they start speaking out about injustices suffered by real Americans, they’ve gone too far.

“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell said in a Monday news conference. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”

Of course, he had to quickly change that position:

“I’m not talking about political contributions,” he later added. “Most of them contribute to both sides. They have political action committees; that’s fine, it’s legal, it’s appropriate, I support that. I’m talking about taking a position on a highly incendiary issue like this and punishing a community or a state because you don’t like a particular law that passed. I just think it’s stupid.”

As the old Swahili saying goes, "It makes a difference whose ox is gored..."

;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/07/appropriate-or-not-very-smart-where-mitch-mcconnell-draws-line-corporate-political-engagement/

No argument from me. That's the humorous part.

At the moment, the GOP is playing defense in a game they themselves as politicians also play. There is spin and some misappropriation about a piece of a bill that has emotional resonance (in particular water in line and drop boxes), because your average voter be they "liberal" or "conservative" is not interested or incapable of dissecting the real meat and potatoes of a bill and the risks to subversion -- in this bill it's the subversion of the Secretary of State's authority, as an elected official directly appointed to the people, to an appointed commission solely responsible to the legislature. A few thinking people get that, but that doesn't get anything done. A noise has to be made. Corporate America doesn't care what the noise is about, but they care if their bottom line is affected. The MLB doesn't just make money from ticket sales, but depends on advertising from television revenue, and advertises nationally, and if advertisers don't want to be associated with them they can and will pull their ads -- that's capitalism (sucks when it works against you eh?). We've seen businesses typically read the room well with regards to overall public sentiment regarding sociopolitical issue. So it's telling that the advertisers (ie businesses) are speaking against the bill whether or not they've read it, because it indicates that they've read the wind and believe it better for their business. And indeed, only a sycophant would look at the timing of this bill and not raise an eyebrow because every concrete offense Republicans have complained about is already illegal under Georgia law. It's quite the pickle at the moment for them, and we'll see if Trumpian populism and corporate America will be long-allied (my guess is no, but I don't have a crystal ball).
Last edited by luckyone on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottyraven

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:44 pm

mjba257 wrote:

ahh yes, the old trope as GOP as the victim that needs to fight back. These corporations are simply following what they think the free market will reward, nothing more, nothing less. It seems your problem is more with the free market. Coke, Delta etc know that the reactionary, regressive, trump crowd are the minority in this country and they would rather stay on the good side of the majority who dont live in the echo chamber that you do. Your side needs to come up with better ideas, communication and get in touch with the reality that trump has led you to ruin and irrevelavence. Gerrymanding and the filibuster are the only things keeping Q/trump big lie portion of the republican party relavant, and that will soon fade away as demographics make sure of that. Nike, Yeti, the NFL and MLB will be just fine without without your side, like i say, the folks on your side are a slowly, but surely dwindling minority.

phatfarmlines

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
The Lt. Governor of GA is even tying the momentum to Trump and Giuliani's lies.

"This is really the fallout from the 10 weeks of misinformation that flew in from former President Donald Trump," Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan said on CNN's "New Day." "I went back over the weekend to really look at where this really started to gain momentum in the legislature, and it was when Rudy Giuliani showed up in a couple of committee rooms and spent hours spreading misinformation and sowing doubt across, you know, hours of testimony."

MaverickM11 wrote:
Earth warmed by nearby star; water wet, etc:

Georgia's GOP lieutenant governor says Giuliani's false fraud claims helped lead to restrictive voting law

At what point does one give up on rationale? :banghead:

Though it seems the Lt. Governor disapproved of Raffensperger's reduction in responsibilities and authority:

"The secretary of state did a great job. I think that was one of the parts, too, that concerned me about the final passage of the law, which ultimately was a culmination of Democratic and Republican ideas," Duncan told CNN.
"But some of the punitive, you know, responses to taking Raffensperger off that elections board was just trying to tip their hat to Donald Trump, and I just didn't think that was a necessary step."

MaverickM11

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 pm

mjba257 wrote:

Oooooooh.

Again the GOP threatening us with a good time. :rotfl:

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 pm

mjba257 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:
The next time Bernie, the Squad, Warren or the likes want to go after these big companies, the GOP simply doesn't fight back. It's idiotic that these corporations think pandering to leftist causes will make the progressive left back off them. WRONG! They will regulate you guys out of existence the second they have the opportunity.

The MLB were cowards who buckled to pressure from a tiny group of radicals with no real power other than they were loud and amplified by twitter bots. That's how this shit always happens. The vast majority of players did not back this decision. Over half of pro-baseball players are conservative. And the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed the MLB's decision. Corporate America lives in an echo chamber. No clue how people actually think. Hence why they take the wrong side on almost every issue.

Gramps here thinks comms teams at major organizations like MLB can’t tell the difference between bots and real users :rotfl:

seb146

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:09 am

mjba257 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:

Regulate in every way possible. And the GOP ain't gonna fight back 'cuz Corporate America burned so many bridges with them. Corporate America has what is coming for them. Higher taxes, more regulation, and I say GOOD! If you go woke, you go broke :)

People got fed up with being pushed around. Companies want to improve their bottom line so they side with the majority of consumers. Totally woke. Corporations making a profit while paying lip service to We The People.

mjba257

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:13 am

Aaron747 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Gramps here thinks comms teams at major organizations like MLB can’t tell the difference between bots and real users :rotfl:

I'm 24 bro. And the only thing corporations know is making a profit. And one thing they hate is bad publicity. Even if said bad publicity is entirely being driven by online trolls. Take Delta Air Lines. Originally, the supported the Georgia law. Even put out a statement saying the were involved in the process and said the law met their companies standards. Then a bunch of leftists on twitter, spearheaded by radicals like Keith Olberman, pushed the hashtag #BoycottDelta. And if you know how twitter works, it is very easy to get something trending. Many leftist organizations, think Sally Albright, Correct the Record, etc have admitted they run bot armies.

So this #BoycottDelta trend was artificial. Nobody actually cared that Delta supported the law. But like any cowardly company, Delta completely did a 180 within 48 hours and now suddenly opposes the law. And worth noting, leftists were still mad at them for coming out only after the law was passed. And they also pissed off conservatives. So all they did was piss everybody off. It would've been best if they had just stayed silent about the whole thing

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 am

mjba257 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:

I'm 24 bro. And the only thing corporations know is making a profit. And one thing they hate is bad publicity. Even if said bad publicity is entirely being driven by online trolls. Take Delta Air Lines. Originally, the supported the Georgia law. Even put out a statement saying the were involved in the process and said the law met their companies standards. Then a bunch of leftists on twitter, spearheaded by radicals like Keith Olberman, pushed the hashtag #BoycottDelta. And if you know how twitter works, it is very easy to get something trending. Many leftist organizations, think Sally Albright, Correct the Record, etc have admitted they run bot armies.

So this #BoycottDelta trend was artificial. Nobody actually cared that Delta supported the law. But like any cowardly company, Delta completely did a 180 within 48 hours and now suddenly opposes the law. And worth noting, leftists were still mad at them for coming out only after the law was passed. And they also pissed off conservatives. So all they did was piss everybody off. It would've been best if they had just stayed silent about the whole thing

Gramps is well earned if one goes around spreading uncited junk theory while promoting anachronistic 1954 values. :lol:

jordanh

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Gramps is well earned if one goes around spreading uncited junk theory while promoting anachronistic 1954 values. :lol:

If gramps won't own up to being paid to parrot the Georgia governor's talking points, you wouldn't expect him to own up to being gramps, would you?

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:16 am

jordanh wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

If gramps won't own up to being paid to parrot the Georgia governor's talking points, you wouldn't expect him to own up to being gramps, would you?

True, but if so they're wasting their money big-time. Can think of far better places to use that lobby $$ than a.net.

mjba257

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:26 am

Aaron747 wrote:
jordanh wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

True, but if so they're wasting their money big-time. Can think of far better places to use that lobby $$ than a.net.

I don't live in Georgia buddy

alfa164

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 am

mjba257 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
jordanh wrote:

I don't live in Georgia buddy

Is there a new rule that says you have to live in Georgia to be on the far-right payroll?

And while we are asking questions... what ever happened to that evidence we asked for?

alfa164 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:
The vast majority of players did not back this decision. Over half of pro-baseball players are conservative. And the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed the MLB's decision. Corporate America lives in an echo chamber. No clue how people actually think. Hence why they take the wrong side on almost every issue.

Otherwise, it is just paranoid bluster from someone with no knowledge or proof at all.

dstblj52

Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 am

c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
4. Prohibition of food/water assistance to people waiting in line. This is just nuts - unless the state will massively expand voting hours or drop box locations, long lines like we saw last year will return. Ridiculous and inhumane. The law notes that election workers can set up water tables. What if they don't? Someone can get arrested for bringing their wife / grandmother water? Total BS.

This is something I have read about from other sources and I don't understand why is it not being banned until now? Giving material benefits to voters right before they vote is one of the easiest way to influence their voting decision

its banned from having any partisan identifiers attached to it, which is on the whole hard to enforce and arbitrary but is better than the new rules

MaverickM11

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:03 pm

alfa164 wrote:
mjba257 wrote:

His feelings don't care about facts. But watching conservatives get mauled by the dragon they gleefully unleashed in Citizens United is just....*chef's kiss*

seb146

Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:25 pm

dstblj52 wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
4. Prohibition of food/water assistance to people waiting in line. This is just nuts - unless the state will massively expand voting hours or drop box locations, long lines like we saw last year will return. Ridiculous and inhumane. The law notes that election workers can set up water tables. What if they don't? Someone can get arrested for bringing their wife / grandmother water? Total BS.

This is something I have read about from other sources and I don't understand why is it not being banned until now? Giving material benefits to voters right before they vote is one of the easiest way to influence their voting decision

its banned from having any partisan identifiers attached to it, which is on the whole hard to enforce and arbitrary but is better than the new rules

It is not that hard to enforce. I can't speak to other states, but Oregon had a law that there could be no partisan display within so many feet of a polling place.

Let's also not forget that the rules for requesting mail in ballots and where to drop them has changed also. The number of drop boxes has decreased in Atlanta and, also, the times those boxes are available has been shortened.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/po ... 7d93b32aea
https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-pa ... RLXUQPY64/

All because Republicans are even closer to losing their majority.

BTW, here are the "worst" cases pending trial in Georgia elections

https://wdef.com/2021/02/18/breaking-24 ... s-georgia/

24 cases over several years are being referred to the district attorney for charges.