Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Curfew in Miami Beach

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 am

Authorities have extended a curfew in Miami Beach that begins at 8 pm and are better prepared after last weekend's chaos of trying to enforce it. Among the measures are closing causeways at 10 pm. Will be interesting to see what happens and if Ron DeSantis tries to stop it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

LCDFlight

Re: Curfew in Miami Beach

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:34 am

I think it's interesting that Democrats may overuse Covid restrictions to take power away from the private sector, and maybe the Republicans use Covid restrictions to take rights away from Black people.

ltbewr

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Public health is at stake here. That supersedes the needs of business and 'rights' of tourists to protect the public from a deadly infection.

MaverickM11

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Where are these "spring breakers" even from? I think it's less about Covid and more about the mayhem that was resulting...
I don't take responsibility at all

readytotaxi

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:31 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Public health is at stake here. That supersedes the needs of business and 'rights' of tourists to protect the public from a deadly infection.

Public Health IS at stake, a night of fun and a life of regret. Much progress can be lost in an evening with the younger people, who probably have not had a jab, mixing in this way. Just my :twocents:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:16 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Where are these "spring breakers" even from? I think it's less about Covid and more about the mayhem that was resulting...

Judging from videos taken of the Miami Beach crowds on the weekends, most of the adults look to be 22 and over. It did not look like the crowds you would have seen on "MTV Spring Break at S. Padre"...

The Miami Beach Tourism Board freaked out about Covid, and decided not spend money on planning activities for the Spring Breakers to have something to do. They instead put the millions into policing and ad campaigns about "We're gonna arrest you if you misbehave." What would have done?? The state was open and not "Closed. down."
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

MaverickM11

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Judging from videos taken of the Miami Beach crowds on the weekends, most of the adults look to be 22 and over. It did not look like the crowds you would have seen on "MTV Spring Break at S. Padre"...

The Miami Beach Tourism Board freaked out about Covid, and decided not spend money on planning activities for the Spring Breakers to have something to do. They instead put the millions into policing and ad campaigns about "We're gonna arrest you if you misbehave." What would have done?? The state was open and not "Closed. down."

It's a city's responsibility to keep tourists entertained so they don't ransack the place? That's a new one :confused:
I don't take responsibility at all

extender

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:24 am

LCDFlight wrote:
I think it's interesting that Democrats may overuse Covid restrictions to take power away from the private sector, and maybe the Republicans use Covid restrictions to take rights away from Black people.

How so?