Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Pellegrine

Re: Derek Chauvin Trial Underway

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:35 pm

extender wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Well the MN police killed another unarmed Black man last night, only miles from where George Floyd was murdered and the trial is taking place now. There's going to be riots if that pig bastard is set free.

Mob rule, eh?

People are angry at the status quo for good reason. There is no recourse. These cops always go free. I would not be surprised to see cities burn.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys. Citizenship/Residence::: Washington DC, US; Vaud, CH; Providenciales, TCI (hence my avi)

extender

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I don't think he is going to get a pass, but not convicted on the top count. In your eyes, Justice isn't blind, and that is a sad thing.

WA707atMSP

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Unfortunately, yesterday's shooting was almost as bad as Chauvin's actions were. A 20 year old Black man was pulled over for expired license plates, then the officer discovered he had a pending "gross misdemeanor" charge. He resisted arrest, then, according to the police, the officer accidentally discharged her gun, when she meant to discharge her Taser.

I don't condone violence or looting, but I can understand why people would be filled with rage. Fortunately, it's cold and overcast in Minneapolis, with snow forecasted for tomorrow, because if it was 75 degrees and sunny, this city would be exploding right now.

Pellegrine

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm

extender wrote:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I don't think he is going to get a pass, but not convicted on the top count. In your eyes, Justice isn't blind, and that is a sad thing.

Justice is NEVER blind. Why do you think rich people who can afford the best criminal defense lawyers get off lighter than poor people with public defenders? I've hired lawyers in business, and I've seen first hand how it works.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys. Citizenship/Residence::: Washington DC, US; Vaud, CH; Providenciales, TCI (hence my avi)

bennett123

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:40 pm

seb146 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Not sure that you can hold them to the same standards.

They do no have the same role as Joe Public.

If a crime is being committed, Joe Public can walk away.

Kneeling on the back of an unarmed person until they die can not be the same across the board? Really??

They DO have the same role as Joe Public. Taking a life is taking a life. Why do cops get to walk free but the rest of us don't? Why are there two sets of rules? Why do cops get to live their lives after killing unarmed people but the rest of us don't?

George Floyd tried to walk away.

Firstly, I did not say anything about kneeling on someone's neck. Strawman argument.

Secondly, if you were the Cop, and George had wanted to just walk away, would you have said OK.

N583JB

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
extender wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Well the MN police killed another unarmed Black man last night, only miles from where George Floyd was murdered and the trial is taking place now. There's going to be riots if that pig bastard is set free.

Mob rule, eh?

People are angry at the status quo for good reason. There is no recourse. These cops always go free. I would not be surprised to see cities burn.

Cops don't "always" go free....cops often go free because the actual facts of many of these high-profile cases turn out to be completely different from what activists want us to believe.

seb146

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:06 pm

bennett123 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
Not sure that you can hold them to the same standards.

They do no have the same role as Joe Public.

If a crime is being committed, Joe Public can walk away.

Kneeling on the back of an unarmed person until they die can not be the same across the board? Really??

They DO have the same role as Joe Public. Taking a life is taking a life. Why do cops get to walk free but the rest of us don't? Why are there two sets of rules? Why do cops get to live their lives after killing unarmed people but the rest of us don't?

George Floyd tried to walk away.

Firstly, I did not say anything about kneeling on someone's neck. Strawman argument.

Secondly, if you were the Cop, and George had wanted to just walk away, would you have said OK.

George Floyd tried to walk away before the cops even got there.

The entire world saw the cop kneel on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes while he begged for his life and his mom.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

FGITD

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:20 pm

What’s odd is that Floyd could have left before the police even arrived. He was already in his car when the store employees came out and accused him of using a fake $20. Not that you can blame him for staying, but if some shopkeeper is calling the police on me because he thinks I gave him a fake bill, then good luck, the police can come find me at home.

But again...the point is that the police couldn't just let him go. What future interactions do you think the police will encounter more of if they're on video just letting a man resisting arrest leave?

af773atmsp
Topic Author

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:44 pm

The Twin Cities region is going into a curfew at 7 PM this evening. What an absolute mess this is.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.

WA707atMSP

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 am

af773atmsp wrote:
The Twin Cities region is going into a curfew at 7 PM this evening. What an absolute mess this is.

As I said upthread, the only (small) good thing is that the weather here is so miserable: sleet, with snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

A week ago today, it was 85 and sunny. If it was that nice now, the rioting would be even worse than it was after Floyd's death.

DiamondFlyer

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 am

WA707atMSP wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:

As I said upthread, the only (small) good thing is that the weather here is so miserable: sleet, with snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

A week ago today, it was 85 and sunny. If it was that nice now, the rioting would be even worse than it was after Floyd's death.

I don't understand why they didn't deliberately wait until winter to have the Chauvin trial, simply to minimize any kind of after trial incidents.
From my cold, dead hands

Newark727

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:58 am

FGITD wrote:
What’s odd is that Floyd could have left before the police even arrived. He was already in his car when the store employees came out and accused him of using a fake $20. Not that you can blame him for staying, but if some shopkeeper is calling the police on me because he thinks I gave him a fake bill, then good luck, the police can come find me at home.

But again...the point is that the police couldn't just let him go. What future interactions do you think the police will encounter more of if they're on video just letting a man resisting arrest leave?

At the risk of belaboring the obvious, it seems to me that there's a pretty wide gulf between "letting him go" and "letting him go in a body bag."

FGITD

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:28 am

Newark727 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

At the risk of belaboring the obvious, it seems to me that there's a pretty wide gulf between "letting him go" and "letting him go in a body bag."

Of course, and interactions with police shouldn't end that way. But once the events are in motion, the police can't just up and let you go like it never even happened. Not to say that means they should kill you though

seb146

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:32 am

FGITD wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

Of course, and interactions with police shouldn't end that way. But once the events are in motion, the police can't just up and let you go like it never even happened. Not to say that means they should kill you though

Right. Exactly. If they have reasonable doubt, beyond "oh, look, a Black guy" they should detain you. Taking a life when yours is not in danger should not even be an option.

Kiwirob

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:59 am

WA707atMSP wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:

Sleet and snow isn't going to stop people after new trainers and tv's.

aerosreenivas

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 am

Afro-Americans are 'Feeling The Helplessness'. Even if they co-operate with the law-enforcers, they know for sure that 'Death Is Coming At The Hands Of The Police Officers' on duty that given day.

Pellegrine

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:33 am

aerosreenivas wrote:
Afro-Americans are 'Feeling The Helplessness'. Even if they co-operate with the law-enforcers, they know for sure that 'Death Is Coming At The Hands Of The Police Officers' on duty that given day.

"Afro-Americans" :? :? :?

DIRECTFLT

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:27 am

Defense set to take turn in ex-cop’s trial in Floyd death

https://apnews.com/article/police-trial ... b7bec1f9d8

Once the defense takes over, Chauvin attorney Eric Nelson is expected to have his own experts testify that it was Floyd’s drug use and bad heart, not Chauvin’s actions, that killed him.

The defense hasn’t said whether Chauvin will take the stand.

The jury must decide which "expert" testimony to give more weight to.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

aerosreenivas

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:46 am

Pellegrine wrote:
aerosreenivas wrote:

Felt comfortable calling them this way rather than calling them as Black.

Pellegrine

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:20 am

aerosreenivas wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
aerosreenivas wrote:

Felt comfortable calling them this way rather than calling them as Black.

It isn't 1970 and Shaft isn't in the theater buddy. Black, Black Americans, Black people, or African-American are the accepted terns nowadays.

N583JB

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:37 am

aerosreenivas wrote:

That's completely false and not supported by any semblance of fact.

seb146

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:44 pm

N583JB wrote:
aerosreenivas wrote:

That's completely false and not supported by any semblance of fact.

Philando Castille is the most visible. Then, there are Brionna Taylor and Atatiana Jefferson. We all know about Brionna Taylor but Atatiana Jefferson was playing video games in her own apartment when cops opened fire.

We must hold cops accountable.

NIKV69

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:28 am

seb146 wrote:
Philando Castille is the most visible. Then, there are Brionna Taylor and Atatiana Jefferson. We all know about Brionna Taylor but Atatiana Jefferson was playing video games in her own apartment when cops opened fire.

Who is we? Police are held accountable both by their departments and then the state judicial system. Can we stop with the Maddow talking points?
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

bpatus297

Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
phugoid1982 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Whatever hes convicted of people won't be happy, the city will probably burn, rinse and repeat.

I'm honestly just sick of all the coverage on the news about the trial. Chauvin was a bully given his history and he definitely should go to to prison for a long time. But I'm sick of the lionization of Floyd. It's sad for his family and he didn't deserve to die but he should've been cooperative and obviously had a he not been high as a kite he would've lived. The $27mil settlement is disgusting though and from a legal point of view doesn't it make it harder for Chauvin to get a fair trial (event though I want him convicted) when the massive payout gives the impression he's already guilty. It's all these wimpy government officials caving into rioters who go out and destroy businesses like they are doing again in MN yesterday after the other shooting. On the other hand, Dr. Lawrence Crosby, a black Ph.D Engineering student at Northwestern with a clean record was pulled over about 6 years ago and tackled by cops and arrested because some racist fool thought he was stealing his own car. All he got was paltry $1.25 million. Off course he made it out with his life but from a strictly actuarial point of view I guess (Floyd was never going to make that kind of money in his lifetime). Dr. Crosby will and he spent years having to rebuild his reputation. And barely a peep from the media about this, a law abiding citizen with a clean record.

Plus, what about the Pakistani uber eats driver killed a few weeks ago in DC when two teenagers tried to steal his car and he clung to the door and was killed when they crashed? Not a peep from our Mayor. Those teens got no prison time either. As a person of Indian decent, we just don't fit into the identity politics of both parties so one's gonna burn and loot for us when we're attacked even with all the anti-asian sentiment fueled by COVID

No one burned or looted for Tony Timpa despite the police doing there best to cover it up for many years and the officers were let off, image what would have happened if Tony was black?? Nobody burned or looted for Justine Diamond either. If peope can’t see the hypocrisy in this they clearly have a bigoted POV.

The police kill citizens in the US with alarming regularity, but it only matters when the person that kill is black.

How is 1,000-1,200 out of 339,000,000 alarming regularity?

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

sierrakilo44

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:39 am

bpatus297 wrote:

US cops kill at a rate of 35 per 10mil per year. This is higher than nations like Mexico and Colombia. Comparable developed nations have a kill rate of 0.5-4.0, meaning US cops kill at a rate 8-70 times more than their first world counterparts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_k ... by_country

As well all of the things like the fact US police killed more people in 24 days than UK police have killed in 24 years, US police shot more bullets into one unarmed suspect than German police fired in one year (most of which were warning shots).

US police are trigger happy killers compared to other developed nations.

sierrakilo44

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:48 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

One of the defence's "experts" was a former Medical Examiner who is being sued for providing fake testimony to assist cops on trial for killing a black man. Seems now like he travels the country getting paid to give evidence to support cops on trial for unnecessary use of force.

https://theintercept.com/2021/04/04/der ... ium=social

Not to mention the doctor also was White South African who trained under apartheid and then left South Africa when Apartheid began to be dismantled.

https://todaynewsafrica.com/dr-david-fo ... as-killed/

EDIT: Seems Dr Fowler was White Zimabwean, but had studied and worked in South Africa until 1991 when he came to the US, which was the year that Apartheid laws were repealed.
Last edited by sierrakilo44 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 am

bpatus297 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
phugoid1982 wrote:

I'm honestly just sick of all the coverage on the news about the trial. Chauvin was a bully given his history and he definitely should go to to prison for a long time. But I'm sick of the lionization of Floyd. It's sad for his family and he didn't deserve to die but he should've been cooperative and obviously had a he not been high as a kite he would've lived. The $27mil settlement is disgusting though and from a legal point of view doesn't it make it harder for Chauvin to get a fair trial (event though I want him convicted) when the massive payout gives the impression he's already guilty. It's all these wimpy government officials caving into rioters who go out and destroy businesses like they are doing again in MN yesterday after the other shooting. On the other hand, Dr. Lawrence Crosby, a black Ph.D Engineering student at Northwestern with a clean record was pulled over about 6 years ago and tackled by cops and arrested because some racist fool thought he was stealing his own car. All he got was paltry $1.25 million. Off course he made it out with his life but from a strictly actuarial point of view I guess (Floyd was never going to make that kind of money in his lifetime). Dr. Crosby will and he spent years having to rebuild his reputation. And barely a peep from the media about this, a law abiding citizen with a clean record.

Plus, what about the Pakistani uber eats driver killed a few weeks ago in DC when two teenagers tried to steal his car and he clung to the door and was killed when they crashed? Not a peep from our Mayor. Those teens got no prison time either. As a person of Indian decent, we just don't fit into the identity politics of both parties so one's gonna burn and loot for us when we're attacked even with all the anti-asian sentiment fueled by COVID

No one burned or looted for Tony Timpa despite the police doing there best to cover it up for many years and the officers were let off, image what would have happened if Tony was black?? Nobody burned or looted for Justine Diamond either. If peope can’t see the hypocrisy in this they clearly have a bigoted POV.

The police kill citizens in the US with alarming regularity, but it only matters when the person that kill is black.

Compared to any other peer nation, US Police forces kill far more people, its not even close. It comes hand in glove with your blasé attitude towards firearms.

bpatus297

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:24 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

US cops kill at a rate of 35 per 10mil per year. This is higher than nations like Mexico and Colombia. Comparable developed nations have a kill rate of 0.5-4.0, meaning US cops kill at a rate 8-70 times more than their first world counterparts.

As well all of the things like the fact US police killed more people in 24 days than UK police have killed in 24 years, US police shot more bullets into one unarmed suspect than German police fired in one year (most of which were warning shots).

Your comment about Mexico and Colombia cannot be taken seriously. The facts and figures in Mexico, and most likely Columbia, are simply not reported anywhere as accurate as in the US. Its also a completely different situation with the drug cartels running the show. You cannot compare apples to oranges.

As for the "first world countries", look at the difference in crime rates, specific violent crimes, the US absolutely have an issue with that. But reagrdless of the US's problem with crime and violence comparing the US to other first world counties is apples to oranges. Still, you only have a .0000035% chance of being killed by the police in the US (using 1200 deaths a year). I would venture a guess that percentage drops way down if you are not involved in serious or violent crime.

N583JB

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

How many German police officers are shot and killed in the line of duty? In 2019, 50 police officers in the United States were shot and killed on duty.

bpatus297

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 am

Kiwirob wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Compared to any other peer nation, US Police forces kill far more people, its not even close. It comes hand in glove with your blasé attitude towards firearms.[

Say what you want about the US, I couldn't care less. There is plenty to criticize, as there is with any county or culture. However, to pretend that the police in the US are gunning people down in the streets is just a patent lie.

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:06 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
One of the defence's "experts" was a former Medical Examiner who is being sued for providing fake testimony to assist cops on trial for killing a black man. Seems now like he travels the country getting paid to give evidence to support cops on trial for unnecessary use of force.

Not to mention the doctor also was White South African who trained under apartheid and then left South Africa when Apartheid began to be dismantled.

EDIT: Seems Dr Fowler was White Zimabwean, but had studied and worked in South Africa until 1991 when he came to the US, which was the year that Apartheid laws were repealed.

This trial has become a farce, I still can't believe this even went to trial. Chauvin didn't get good legal advice and he will pay the price.

casinterest

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Chauvin is invoking the fifth. That is not the strategy I would expect from a man who swore an oath to uphold the law.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/derek- ... 3bc80bc6c8

Defense attorney Eric Nelson just explained to his client that he has the right to testify at the trial. Derek Chauvin just said that he will invoke the Fifth Amendment and not testify.

Here was their exchange:

Nelson: Have you made a decision today, whether you will attempt to testify, or whether you intend to invoke your Fifth Amendment right?

Chauvin: I will invoke my 5th amendment privilege today.

The judge then asked Chauvin if the decision was his. He said it was.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

extender

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:07 pm

Some people just have no clue as to what our rights really are.

casinterest

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm

extender wrote:
Some people just have no clue as to what our rights really are.

Please quote your context, or are you posting on the wrong thread?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm

N583JB wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

How many German police officers are shot and killed in the line of duty? In 2019, 50 police officers in the United States were shot and killed on duty.

It’s your loose gun laws and 2A that is the problem, no other sensible developed nation has that insanity in its books.

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

So you’re saying all white people who have lived in South Africa are racist? That a pretty big leap. It would be like saying all GOP supporters are looney far right Christian KKK members

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
Chauvin is invoking the fifth. That is not the strategy I would expect from a man who swore an oath to uphold the law.

Defense attorney Eric Nelson just explained to his client that he has the right to testify at the trial. Derek Chauvin just said that he will invoke the Fifth Amendment and not testify.

Here was their exchange:

Nelson: Have you made a decision today, whether you will attempt to testify, or whether you intend to invoke your Fifth Amendment right?

Dumb on so many fronts. I mean if you are not going to try to plea it out and get less time and go to trial with the mindset my knee didn't cause death then by remaining silent you look bad. Doesn't matter I see a conviction in under an hour.

ltbewr

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:43 pm

The Defense (Chauvin) has 'rested', concluding its presentation at trial. The trial closing arguments will be held on Monday, the Jury likely to get the case later that day or Tuesday. The timing is also good in it will allow for preparation of law enforcement for the Jury decision, especially if Chauvan is not convicted. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/defen ... NewsSearch

seb146

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Who is we? Police are held accountable both by their departments and then the state judicial system. Can we stop with the Maddow talking points?

Cops must be held to higher standards than they hold us. The latest unarmed Black man to be murdered by a cop was pulled over for expired tags and air fresheners on his mirror. At least she was arrested and charged right off. Usually, a cop is given two weeks off with pay or simply moved to desk assignment after they kill someone.

casinterest

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:23 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Here was their exchange:

Dumb on so many fronts. I mean if you are not going to try to plea it out and get less time and go to trial with the mindset my knee didn't cause death then by remaining silent you look bad. Doesn't matter I see a conviction in under an hour.

I expect a bit of a longer fight in the jury room, but it depends on how well the prosecution explained that the medical and tactics witnesses were well paid and flown in from other states. If Chauvin reasonably believed his kneeling was necessary, i would expect him to take the stand.

LittleFokker

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:58 pm

casinterest wrote:

Here was their exchange:

Extremely poignant that he considers the 5th amendment a privilege, while I bet he considers the 2nd Amendment a right. Especially hearing that from a police officer.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

bennett123

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

So you’re saying all white people who have lived in South Africa are racist? That a pretty big leap. It would be like saying all GOP supporters are looney far right Christian KKK members

Not sure that it is that big a jump. If you lived under that sort of system for any length of time it is likely to affect your view of non white people.

In the same way that having been raised in the South in the 1950s wouldn't automatically make you a racist, but there is a clear likelihood that it would.

sierrakilo44

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:53 am

Kiwirob wrote:

I’m not saying that.

But someone who grew and had the views formed at the time of apartheid, who co-incidentally left SA the year apartheid was repealed and likes testifying in favour of white cops who’ve killed black people?

art

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
Cops must be held to higher standards than they hold us.

That's my view. When society accords extraordinary powers to people, those people need to be extraordinarily responsible in exercising those powers.

bigGAplane

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
extender wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

Mob rule, eh?

People are angry because people are overly emotional especially leftists that never want to accept responsibility for their own actions. Outside of a few isolated cases the cops in the United States do a great job. One that most people wouldn't dare do.

bigGAplane

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:19 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

US cops are also killed and shot at much more frequently compared to other countries. How many UK police officers were shot last year? How many US cops were shot last year?

The response and use of deadly force used by US police officers has a direct correlation to the violence that is used against them.

So far in 2021 we've had 15 police officers killed by gunfire in the United States. In 2020 that number was 45.

seb146

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:58 am

bigGAplane wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Cops must be held to higher standards than they hold us. The latest unarmed Black man to be murdered by a cop was pulled over for expired tags and air fresheners on his mirror. At least she was arrested and charged right off. Usually, a cop is given two weeks off with pay or simply moved to desk assignment after they kill someone.

They are held to a higher standard.

Are they though?

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/15/minnesot ... ot-killed/

N583JB

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:30 am

seb146 wrote:
bigGAplane wrote:
seb146 wrote:

They are held to a higher standard.

Are they though?

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/15/minnesot ... ot-killed/

Are the cops supposed to shoot at a vehicle that an officer is stuck to? Seems like a great way to shoot one of their own.

casinterest

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

The closing arguments are underway.
The Prosecution is making their compelling arguments.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/derek- ... -04-19-21/

"Remember during opening statement, counsel said that the defendant followed the rules and followed his training. Did you hear evidence of that? Did you hear evidence of that from the stand? Or did you hear something quite different? The chief of police testified, he violated their use of force policy. He violated the deescalation policy. He violated the duty to render emergency aid. You heard the trainer... 'We don't train this. This is not who we are.' No. That representation was simply wrong. That's just a story. What the defendant did was not policing. What the defendant did was an assault," Schleicher argued.

This is what it comes down to. The question is whether the jury will choose the manslaughter or Murder charges. I still think the prosecution did not totally prove 2nd degree murder, but i think 3rd degree murder is on the table.

econd-degree unintentional murder

Prosecutors must prove Chauvin caused George Floyd's death, while committing an underlying felony.
There is need to prove intent to kill, just intent to act.
If convicted, he could face up to 40 years in prison.
Third-degree murder

Prosecutors must prove Chauvin committed a reckless act that is "eminently dangerous" to others with "depraved mind."
If convicted, he could face up to 25 years in prison.
Second-degree Manslaughter

Prosecutors must prove Chauvin was "culpably negligent" and disregarded awareness of substantial risk of great bodily injury or death.
If, convicted he could face up to 10 years in prison.

aerosreenivas

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:13 pm

I'm watching the closing arguments right now and the 'Prosecutors' seem to make a convinsing argument to the Jurors for convicting Derek Chauvin.

But I doubt whether the Juror will convict him because of their 'Historical Biast' towards police officers. Sadly, that's true.