Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ryanrap1
Topic Author

Lady Gaga in Boston - Concert

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:24 pm

Just wanted to get other peoples opinion, as I do not live in the Northeast.
I currently have tickets for the rescheduled Chromatica Ball in Fenway Park (Boston) for August. I understand we are still in a pandemic, and not looking to get attached on her.
Does anyone actually think this concert will even happen? Since we are now almost in April, I wonder when they will know something, or maybe someone has some insight. It has been radio silence on the internet as far as if this concert will even happen or what the protocols will be.

casinterest

Re: Lady Gaga in Boston - Concert

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:54 pm

The hope is that by then we are in good shape. You can make plans, but make sure the company offers flexible cancellations for Covid.

At this point, the US is supposed to be able to vaccinate all willing adults by the end of May.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

rph99

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pm

I have Gaga tickets for Chicago in August. Still haven’t rebooked my flight or hotel after this past summers show was canceled. It’s quickly approaching with no info. Very frustrating.

ryanrap1
Topic Author

Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 pm

rph99 wrote:
I have Gaga tickets for Chicago in August. Still haven’t rebooked my flight or hotel after this past summers show was canceled. It’s quickly approaching with no info. Very frustrating.

I feel the exact same way. We are now less than 3 months away and it is basically RADIO SILENCE. I have no idea what to do. I really dont want to wait to the last minute and have ridiculous airfare and hotel, but honestly just at a loss at the moment. Have you decided to rebook yours yet?

Does anyone else know or think this will even happen.....

cledaybuck

Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 pm

ryanrap1 wrote:
rph99 wrote:

I feel the exact same way. We are now less than 3 months away and it is basically RADIO SILENCE. I have no idea what to do. I really dont want to wait to the last minute and have ridiculous airfare and hotel, but honestly just at a loss at the moment. Have you decided to rebook yours yet?

Does anyone else know or think this will even happen.....

I believe every airline is offering free changes now (although usually not in basic economy). If you know you can use the airfare anytime in the next year, go ahead and book if you find a flight that works.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

ryanrap1
Topic Author

Mon May 24, 2021 11:07 am

rph99 wrote:

I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster and my order still says “in progress”. Do you have your actual ticket available now ?

KBOS

Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

You should have a better idea about the concert next week. A lot of restrictions in Boston are easing this weekend, the Celtics and Bruins are playing at the TD Garden and the plan was to have 5000 or so tonight (Fri 5/28) but 17,000 on Sunday. The Bruins will have the first full house in over a year tomorrow. If they start upping capacity at Fenway in the next few weeks they should know about the concert schedule soon.
I don't care if the sun don't shine, I do my drinkin in the evening time when I'm in Rhode Island

Aesma

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:36 am

It's one artist so it's easier to organize (though I'm guessing a Gaga concert is still quite the huge thing). I have tickets for a music festival here in France at the end of August, it was for 2020 now 2021, well no because it has been cancelled again months ago, even though there is hope that everything will be OK by then. With so many artists it was just too complicated without any certainty from the pandemic.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams