Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

afcjets

Re: Florida's Rep. Gaetz Under Investigation For Underage Impropriety

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:57 pm

LMP737 wrote:
A bit far fetched? That's a bit of an understatement. The whole Q thing is right up there with George Bush planed and orchestrated 9/11 and Jews control the world.

Sarcasm obviously, and thanks for helping prove my point.

FGITD

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:57 pm

It would seem there are now women speaking out.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matt-gaet ... n-tell-cnn

Time to resign and wait for the investigation to be made public.

Newark727

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:02 pm

FGITD wrote:
It would seem there are now women speaking out.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matt-gaet ... n-tell-cnn

Time to resign and wait for the investigation to be made public.

Pfft, resignation is for quitters! Just keep what-abouting and complaining about your own persecution until something even more stupid and/or insane happens to someone else, then let the media switch focus long enough to forget about you.

casinterest

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:05 am

If Gaetz had morals he would have resigned already. He is just pushing as far as he can, outside the law.

ltbewr

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:40 am

More evidence of Gaetz and his sexual crimes, including use of drugs, paying for sex is turning up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/politics ... index.html

bpatus297

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:32 am

casinterest wrote:
If Gaetz had morals he would have resigned already. He is just pushing as far as he can, outside the law.

If he had morals, he would have never committed those acts. Just saying.

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:07 pm

casinterest wrote:

He probably watched how King Cuomo is handling things.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Nyaaaah goes back way further - Clinton, Ted Haggard, Larry Craig, Elliot Spitzer, Trump, Jerry Falwell Jr, etc.

casinterest

Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:36 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

King Cuomo? you really do not understand the constitution do you?

seb146

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

This must be brought up again: Recall the cries and demands that Cuomo resign after those allegations came out? The same Republicans who demanded Cuomo resign are silent on Gaetz. Republicans refuse to hold their own accountable but demand everyone else live up to some moral code.

Maybe if Republicans would walk their talk, they could be taken seriously when they demand resignation from a Democrat who is accused of such things.....

FGITD

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:11 pm

Cuomo-accused of sexual harassment, and overall being a creep

Gaetz-paid women (let's be real, girls) to partake in drug fueled sex parties with known pedophiles.

Yes, they are certainly the same.

There were also plenty of calls for Cuomo to resign, even from within his own party. And lest we forget, he apologized. (I still think he should resign, but so be it...) Gaetz on the other hand maintains that it's a whole big CIA FBI conspiracy against him and that him possibly being a pedo makes him the victim.

skyservice_330

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:05 pm

FGITD wrote:
Cuomo-accused of sexual harassment, and overall being a creep

Gaetz-paid women (let's be real, girls) to partake in drug fueled sex parties with known pedophiles.

Yes, they are certainly the same.

There were also plenty of calls for Cuomo to resign, even from within his own party. And lest we forget, he apologized. (I still think he should resign, but so be it...) Gaetz on the other hand maintains that it's a whole big CIA FBI conspiracy against him and that him possibly being a pedo makes him the victim.

This.

Neither is defensible, both should be held account, but lets not pretend they are equal in terms of how gross, disgusting or reprehensible they are.

Gaetz is accused of harming kids, in the worst way possible.

Not surprising, sadly, some in this thread are using the 'yeh but Cuomo' defense in this thread due to partisan reasons. They should give their head a shake, look in the mirror and go give a hug to their child/niece/nephew.

FGITD

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:35 pm

skyservice_330 wrote:

This.

Neither is defensible, both should be held account, but lets not pretend they are equal in terms of how gross, disgusting or reprehensible they are.

Gaetz is accused of harming kids, in the worst way possible.

Not surprising, sadly, some in this thread are using the 'yeh but Cuomo' defense in this thread due to partisan reasons. They should give their head a shake, look in the mirror and go give a hug to their child/niece/nephew.

The "yea but..." defense is one of the interesting predominantly Republican phenomena.

When it was clear that there were Epstein-Trump ties, the go to defense was "yea but Clinton and Epstein..." as if that was the get out of jail free card. Even on this forum, some were then surprised that the response to that comeback was "yes, then Clinton should go to jail too"

Any republican can be excused for doing anything as long as a Democrat has done something remotely similar. If AOC got a parking ticket, they'd use that to justify McConnell running down a family of 4.

Look at this thread alone. There's no winning, even if you point out that some are literally defending a pedophile.

"They're just allegations, just dems out to get him"
The DOJ started this under Trump.

"Yea well where are the women then? No one's said anything"
Here are the women speaking out, and a digital trail

"But Cuomo...."

My mistake. Cuomo touched a woman, so a Republican rep gets to rape kids. Fair is fair.

Newark727

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Cuomo should go too.

stl07

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:21 am

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

If he had morals, he would have never committed those acts. Just saying.

End thread.

FGITD

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:07 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-gree ... with-minor

Good thing none of the people involved are smart.

Laying out a confession in writing while also implicating others while trying to buy into a presidential pardon...no wonder the FBI hasn’t said anything. For one, far more people seem to be involved. And at this intelligence level, they’re probably waiting for Gaetz to try the “I did it, but I didn’t know it was illegal” defense

NIKV69

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:01 pm

FGITD wrote:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-greenberg-letter-written-for-roger-stone-says-matt-gaetz-paid-for-sex-with-minor

Laying out a confession in writing while also implicating others while trying to buy into a presidential pardon...no wonder the FBI hasn’t said anything. For one, far more people seem to be involved. And at this intelligence level, they’re probably waiting for Gaetz to try the “I did it, but I didn’t know it was illegal” defense

What state was it? Some states the age of consent is 17.

casinterest

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:04 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
FGITD wrote:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-greenberg-letter-written-for-roger-stone-says-matt-gaetz-paid-for-sex-with-minor

Who knows, but look at all the pay for play going on in this one .

The letter, which The Daily Beast recently obtained, was written after Greenberg—who was under federal indictment—asked Roger Stone to help him secure a pardon from then-President Donald Trump.

A series of private messages starting in late 2020—also recently obtained by The Daily Beast—shows a number of exchanges between Greenberg and Stone conducted over the encrypted messaging app Signal, with communications set to disappear. However, Greenberg appears to have taken screenshots of a number of their conversations.

“If I get you $250k in Bitcoin would that help or is this not a financial matter,” Greenberg wrote to Stone, one message shows.

FGITD

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

The letter, which The Daily Beast recently obtained, was written after Greenberg—who was under federal indictment—asked Roger Stone to help him secure a pardon from then-President Donald Trump.

A series of private messages starting in late 2020—also recently obtained by The Daily Beast—shows a number of exchanges between Greenberg and Stone conducted over the encrypted messaging app Signal, with communications set to disappear. However, Greenberg appears to have taken screenshots of a number of their conversations.

“If I get you $250k in Bitcoin would that help or is this not a financial matter,” Greenberg wrote to Stone, one message shows.

I don’t believe it specifies, however given that per the letter, Greenberg and Gaetz were both very upset with her when they found out she was 17, and they cut off communication until her 18th birthday, I’m going to guess it’s not a state in which it was legal.

just the cash for pardons should be enough to force his resignation

casinterest

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 pm

FGITD wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I don’t believe it specifies, however given that per the letter, Greenberg and Gaetz were both very upset with her when they found out she was 17, and they cut off communication until her 18th birthday, I’m going to guess it’s not a state in which it was legal.

Just the fact that it is 250K in bitcoin should be enough the let you know that this is serious. Look at the money rolling to these politicians to be able to pay out this kind of cash.

LMP737

Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:31 pm

FGITD wrote:

In the eye of a judge it's not going to matter how upset they were. Also, what were these two thinking when the decided to re-establish communication with her when she turned 18?

NIKV69

Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:38 pm

FGITD wrote:

Got to be honest you should not be having sex with 17year olds once you get our of your 20s. It just looks a little creepy. Once you are his age stick to 20 years olds and up. Much easier.

seb146

Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

Does not matter. Prostitution is illegal in Florida. Even if they crossed state lines to a state where age of consent is lower, they still engaged in prostitution. Not that it matters to a morally bankrupt person like the MAGA king....

FGITD

Sat May 01, 2021 12:17 am

NIKV69 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

Got to be honest you should not be having sex with 17year olds once you get our of your 20s. It just looks a little creepy. Once you are his age stick to 20 years olds and up. Much easier.

I think that’s an important basis to remember.

17 is most likely illegal based on what we know, which should land him in plenty of water.

But illegal or not, a man of his age with a girl that age is creepy. You know who should be sleeping with high school girls? High school boys.

Tiredofhumanity

Sat May 01, 2021 12:24 am

NIKV69 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

Personally, growing up in NH I don't see why 17/28 is any worse than 17/30 (16 or 17-early 30's are young adults in the Anglosphere), but keep in mind most states (not NH lol) restrict relationships between those 16/17 and older adults in positions of power.

I would hope to God being a lawmaker falls under this, but logic frequently goes out the window in the world of law.

LMP737

Sat May 01, 2021 1:06 am

NIKV69 wrote:

In the state of Florida once you turn 24 if you have sex with someone who is 17 you go to jail.

Agreed, it is creepy for a man in in his mid to late thirties to be messing around with girls that young, Either the guy is incredibly arrogant, or incredibly stupid to have taken such a a risk.

Confuscius

Wed May 19, 2021 7:12 pm

In Gaetz's defense, he used Venmo only for a minor purchase.

Newark727

Wed May 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Confuscius wrote:
In Gaetz's defense, he used Venmo only for a minor purchase.

he'll be here all night, folks!

phatfarmlines

Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 pm

Seen over Orlando during the Greenburg trial:

Source: USA Today