Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

usair1489

Re: CoVid Vaccine Experience

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:47 am

I got the Pfizer shot. Interestingly I had to travel 35 minutes to get them as the mass vaccination sites were the only ones in the state that (at the time) had the most open appointments. The site was just one very long line of people, but it moved. By the time I got out of the parking lot to getting back to my car I walked about 1.3 miles.

I got my first shot in March. I felt fine for a few hours after the shot until the night progressed and my arm, specifically the muscle where the shot went into, felt ungodly painful. Took a couple Tylenol before going to sleep, took a couple more the next morning, and the pain gradually went away. We had also switched to daylight saving time and I noted I felt extremely fatigued the next day. I don't know if it was the time switch or the vaccine or both that did it.

The second shot was exactly three weeks after and in the same arm. Same side effects with the pain in the arm and it lasted around the same time. No fatigue this time either.

It's been three weeks since and I haven't had any issues relating to the vaccines.

T18

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm

So got my second Moderna on Friday and geez did I feel like hot death on Sat. Dizzy, Fever, head and body aches with fun fun fun nausea, finally started to subside on Sunday after noon and now its just some slight muscle ache and occasional headaches.

Airstud

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:06 am

DocLightning wrote:
Nobody has any idea what the mechanism for this, but about 1/3 of "long-haulers" (by some estimates) are reporting this effect of the vaccines.

See, it's this kind of "nobody knows the mechanism" talk that is why I have vaccine hesitancy: How do they know that the vaccine will have proven to be safe over the llllllong term? :boggled:

NWAESC

Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:02 pm

Moderna here.

1st shot: Was over before I knew what happened. Felt a little tired that afternoon, and arm was a little sore for 2-3 days (similar to other shots).

2nd shot: Life in my 20’s prepared me well for this. Fever/chills/dizzy overnight. Next morning like a mild hangover, and was gone completely by midday. I’ve certainly spent a lot of Sunday mornings feeling MUCH worse.

DocLightning

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:29 pm

Airstud wrote:
See, it's this kind of "nobody knows the mechanism" talk that is why I have vaccine hesitancy: How do they know that the vaccine will have proven to be safe over the llllllong term? :boggled:

Because it would involve some aspect of the vaccine persisting months or years into the future and it just doesn't. Even with long COVID, it still appears within two months of the initial infection. So it's not as if you're going to get the vaccine and then ten years later get some late-onset side-effect. That's never been seen with any vaccine.

einsteinboricua

Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:53 pm

Pfizer, male in his early 30s, shot on left arm for both doses.

Other than a sore injection site for a day after each shot (raising arm overhead was bothersome), no other side effects. After the first shot, I felt tired, but truth be told I hadn't been sleeping well and was also exercising so I'll chalk it up to that.

It's been nearly two weeks since dose two and nothing out of the ordinary.

prebennorholm

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:31 am

Pfizer, two shots in February and March.

A little pain at the injection site for about 24 hours after each shot. Apart from that, no side effects. No tiredness, no fever, no nothing.

UAUA

Shall I take the COVID 19 vaccine?

Sun May 02, 2021 6:30 am

In Hong Kong we can choose between the China made Sinovac and the German made Biontech.

I prefer the German made Biontech. Shall I go for it? In general I am healthy though I drink from time to time. Just worried that I have some hidden health issues. LOL

VSMUT

Re: Shall I take the COVID 19 vaccine?

Sun May 02, 2021 7:20 am

UAUA wrote:
In Hong Kong we can choose between the China made Sinovac and the German made Biontech.

I prefer the German made Biontech. Shall I go for it? In general I am healthy though I drink from time to time. Just worried that I have some hidden health issues. LOL

The Pfizer-Biontech is probably the best Covid vaccine out there. No doubt I would go for that one in a heartbeat if I was offered the chance.

Braybuddy

Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 am

Had my first dose of Astra Zeneca yesterday morning. Felt a bit tired in the afternoon and dozed-off for half an hour and woke up with a hard-on, though that might have had more to do with the glass of wine with lunch. Rest of the day was fine, and I got a good night's sleep. Feel fine this morning. :D

lowwkjax

Sun May 02, 2021 8:57 am

Got AstraZeneca on March 10 in the morning, felt fine until 5:00pm, then shivering, high fever (39.6 C), slept well after taking an Advil. Woke up the next morning and felt great other than a little tired from an exhausting evening, but even that was gone in the afternoon. Can only recommend to everybody, even though I’m mainland European and talking about AstraZeneca :D

SRQLOT

Sun May 02, 2021 1:53 pm

I got my first pfizer 2 weeks ago. Just a sore shoulder for 2 days. Actually decided to go work out after not doing that for a few weeks. Since I knew I was going to be sore might as well get the other sore out of the way at the same time lol.

Airstud

Mon May 03, 2021 3:11 am

DocLightning wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Because it would involve some aspect of the vaccine persisting months or years into the future and it just doesn't. Even with long COVID, it still appears within two months of the initial infection. So it's not as if you're going to get the vaccine and then ten years later get some late-onset side-effect. That's never been seen with any vaccine.

Er... what do you mean, "some aspect of the vaccine persisting... years"

A) wouldn't an "aspect of the vaccine" be... uh.. immunity? I got my final MMR booster when I was 18 (which was a greater quantity of years ago than we are going to discuss) and... am I not still immune to M, M, and R?

2) how do y'all know that (whatever it is you mean by aspect of the vaccine ( :boggled: ) ) doesn't persist for years, when the vaccine hasn't even existed for even one year?

I expect I'll go ahead and get vaccinated; too may far-more-scientifically-edumacated-than-I-am folks are obviously totally OK with it, but you raise questions that stoke my curiosity, Doc.

P.S. :boggled:

DocLightning

Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 am

Airstud wrote:
\
A) wouldn't an "aspect of the vaccine" be... uh.. immunity? I got my final MMR booster when I was 18 (which was a greater quantity of years ago than we are going to discuss) and... am I not still immune to M, M, and R?

what I mean is that none of the original vaccine they gave you back in 1492 is still present in your system. But you immune memory, of course, is.

stl07

Mon May 03, 2021 7:51 am

One of my major side effects was that I began looking for trips for December now that I had the ability to travel to places without a quarantine

hoons90

Tue May 04, 2021 11:09 pm

Got my first shot of Pfizer a few hours ago. Don't feel anything right now but people are warning me about the side effects that will come tomorrow. Unfortunately most people in Canada will have to wait for months for the second dose.

scbriml

Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 pm

Had my second Pfizer dose yesterday. So far only symptom is a sore arm just like the first shot. It feels a bit worse than the first one, but then the person who gave me this shot was definitely a "stabber" whereas I literally felt nothing for the first one.

hbernal1

Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 am

I got my first Pfizer dose April 2 and my 2nd dose April 23. First dose, I just felt a sore arm for about a day. After my 2nd dose, I was expecting to feel pretty crummy the day after but only felt fatigue, a sore arm, and some slight chills that lasted for maybe a couple hours - the sore arm was gone in the second day following my 1st dose.

hoons90

Wed May 05, 2021 1:09 pm

It's been several hours since my Pfizer shot, and my arm is really sore, and I had a harder time waking up today.

MIAspotter

Wed May 05, 2021 1:59 pm

Got my 2 doses of Moderna.

1st shot, late march: No side effects save a sore arm.
2nd shot last week: Again, sore arm and I did feel a bit tired and shivery on the next day, but I took some paracetamol and it went away.

Also; i did took paracetamol before each dose (although they reccommend you not to, but I think it helped subdue the effects.

My GF got bot her jabs (Pfizer) and she did developed a mild cold on the first jab and a lump on her arm on the 2nd.

MIAspotter.

T4thH

Fri May 07, 2021 12:47 pm

I have just got my first shot of Biontech/Pfizer 2 h ago. I will see, if and which side effects I will get.

casinterest

Fri May 07, 2021 1:07 pm

T4thH wrote:
I have just got my first shot of Biontech/Pfizer 2 h ago. I will see, if and which side effects I will get.

I had none, but get some exercise in ,and then get some rest

Aviaphile

Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Neither I (had Pfizer) nor my wife (had AZ) had any ill effects to either of our two shots. Didn't notice any side effects at all.
Maybe a medical person can comment on whether a very fast depression of the plunger during the injection or a slow delivery would affect the degree to which soreness afterwards would be experienced. We have all seen dozens of clips of people receiving the vaccine and I have noticed some very fast deliveries and others done much more slowly.

T4thH

Fri May 07, 2021 4:02 pm

casinterest wrote:
T4thH wrote:

I will pretty sure not get out without anything this time. Regular after vaccinations I get mild reactions with some delay,; a little bit injection site pain and mild fatigue on following day, a little bit weakness in the injection site arm and on day 3, everything is gone.
After 5 h, I have a light headache, pain at the injection site and I feel a little bit dizzy? So the expected side vaccination effect seems to start faster and seems to get stronger than regular, in comparison to other vaccinations prior. There is a reason, I have chosen a Friday for the vaccination, so I will be fine again on Monday.

stl07

Fri May 07, 2021 7:22 pm

People are being sissies about this. It's a shot, we have all gotten one before

wr911

Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 pm

Just got my first Pfizer shot 4 days ago, just a sore arm for 2 days and a slight headache, but not 100% sure of the headache is because of the shot.

Next shot in 2-1/2 weeks, hopefully the same.

AJ

fr8mech
Topic Author

Sat May 08, 2021 3:50 am

stl07 wrote:
People are being sissies about this. It's a shot, we have all gotten one before

It's really not about the shot itself, it's about the reaction to the shot(s) and in my case the happy circumstance where my lingering COVID symptoms disappeared.

A quick note: a colleague, who also had lingering symptoms (fatigue, aches and loss of taste/smell), had all but the loss smell/taste disappear within a couple of days of the 2nd dose. Said he went to the gym for the first time in 2 months.

steman

Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 am

I got my first shot this week (AstraZeneca). The day after I had some light fever and a general feeling of exhaustion and of course the arm was soar. Two days after it was all gone but for the pain in the arm, which is not too bad. Next shot in 12 weeks.

EstherLouise

Sat May 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Got my first Moderna 14 days ago. Get the second one in a week. No side effects.

NolaMD88fan

Sat May 08, 2021 7:05 pm

Had my first Moderna shot back in Feb. No issues other than a sore arm for a day. Second shot was in March, and I experienced a mild fever, chills, and fatigue for about 24 hours . After a good sleep, I felt great the next day. It was well worth the minor inconvenience of not feeling well for a day to know I was protected from infection.

Airstud

Sun May 09, 2021 6:31 am

DocLightning wrote:
the original vaccine they gave you back in 1492

:irked:

OK fine I set myself up for that one.

Now time to set myself up a vaccimanation appointment. (I want the Johnson&Johnson vaccine because it'll go with my dental floss.)

ShanghaiNoon

Sun May 09, 2021 8:19 am

I had both Sinopharm (Beijing recipe) injections last month. I had a bit of mild fatigue after the first one, but I felt nothing after the second.

frmrCapCadet

Sun May 09, 2021 12:53 pm

Not the covid vaccine, but as soon as possible after those, I got the two shingles ones. The second was a doozy, by early afternoon feelings were all gloom, doom, like I was dying. Ignored it all and went to bed an hour early, woke up long before dawn feeling great.

T4thH

Sun May 09, 2021 9:39 pm

T4thH wrote:
casinterest wrote:
T4thH wrote:

I will pretty sure not get out without anything this time. Regular after vaccinations I get mild reactions with some delay,; a little bit injection site pain and mild fatigue on following day, a little bit weakness in the injection site arm and on day 3, everything is gone.
After 5 h, I have a light headache, pain at the injection site and I feel a little bit dizzy? So the expected side vaccination effect seems to start faster and seems to get stronger than regular, in comparison to other vaccinations prior. There is a reason, I have chosen a Friday for the vaccination, so I will be fine again on Monday.

So the experience of the first injection with Biontec/Pfizer on Friday. after around 2 h after injection, I got pain at the injection site, after around 4 to 6 h I got a sore arm, this stayed for around 24 h, then it reduced to pain at the injection site, when I have moved/ lifted the arm above my head e.g. and after around 36 h after vaccination, the pain was fuly gone. I have had a headache on day one and a light headache on day two. I felt a litte bit dizzy few hours after the injection. I have had nothing else.
After 48 h latest, I was fine again.
Overall, the vaccination was comparable to others, with exception, it started early after 2 h (else it has started after around one day). I will call it "mild".
So the second one in 6 weeks.

Alias1024

Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Had my second Pfizer yesterday and so far nothing worse than a sore shoulder. No fever, chills, headache, etc...

Rara

Wed May 12, 2021 1:34 pm

Had my first AstraZeneca in the evening, woke up early feeling terrible, then developed fever, sore body, headache, nausea, chills, pain in the joints and didn't leave the bed until the evening of the second day. Was fine though a little tired on the third; everything fine since.

ariel1981

Mon May 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Had my first dose of pfizer,about 10 days ago,got a bit of high temperature,that got taken care of with paracetamol,and a bit of swelling and pain,in my arm,in the place they put the vaccine.Small price to be protected from this nasty virus.

phugoid1982

Tue May 18, 2021 12:31 pm

Had 1st Moderna vaccine about a month ago. Slightly sore arm and mild sleepiness for a half a day. Had second shot yesterday and again had a slightly sore arm but no sleepiness or anything else this time. Woke up feeling like a million bucks. Was surprised given most of my friends were pretty beaten down by the second dose

TheFlyingDisk

Wed May 19, 2021 1:11 am

Got my first shot of AstraZeneca two weeks ago. First day, sore arm. Second day, slight fever. Third day, fever gone, sore arm remained. That's the most I experienced. A friend on the other hand, had chills to go with his fever which took two days to subside.

Now I await another 11 weeks for the second jab.

ACDC8

Wed May 19, 2021 8:43 pm

We don't really get a choice here in BC, you book your appointment and when you get your booking, they give you whats ever on the menu that day.

I lucked out, got my first dose of Prizer last week. Other than a little tenderness right at the injection point (which I normally get even during blood tests), no other side effects.

See what the second dose brings which here could take up to 16 weeks depending on the shipments they get.

Kent350787

Wed May 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Had my first AZ shot yesterday. Slight tenderness around injection site, and a slightly cloudy head.

Others I know who've had the shot in the last week have been reporting mild to moderate flu-like symptoms for a couple of days then feeling really good.

invertalon

Thu May 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Just got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday around noon. It's been approx. 20hrs or so and nothing more than the typical sore arm at the injection site. Girlfriend the exact same. No other side effects to report, haha.

Hoping round 2 in a few weeks go as smoothly!

chimborazo

Thu May 20, 2021 12:59 pm

Second AZ yesterday, 9 weeks after the first.

I'm in my early-mid forties (registered part time carer for my mid-70s mother, GP called me and said I should take it too as I have to get hands on with her).

First one, in and out in less than 2 mins. Felt a bit spaced out for the rest of the day, just as I would at the early stages of a cold. Very light aching in both upper arms and thighs that came on about 6h after vaccine and subsided after about 48 hours. Next day after the vaccine was completely wiped out - no apparent fever but extreme fatigue so just lay in bed all day. Next day felt okay but still tired. 3 days later felt fully fine.

2nd dose yesterday, felt my arm muscle (same side as first) - not achey as such, could just "feel it was there". Today, quite tired and a bit spaced out but no where near as intense as first dose. Will see how it goes in coming days.

(Have heard from others about very sore arm but I didn't get that, just general feeling that my muscles wanted my attention. 60 yo at work had Pfizer - first dose no response, second dose a bit achey ad very tired).

The whole process (UK) has been very smooth and well-informed in my experience).

lightsaber

Thu May 20, 2021 2:58 pm

An update to my report. I had my 2nd shot of Pfizer on 4/12, my oldest child exactly a week ago 1st dose pfizer.

The child had a sore arm, I think played up for sympathy. She was the first in her group and the minor reaction encouraged others to be vaccinated.

I had Covid19 with nerve damage related symptoms: I cannot taste fats +e.g., fried food now sucks), my smell is reduced, and tinnitus.

I was recommended the vaccine to help the tinnitus. It is working. It went from distracting to absolutely horrible 8 days after the vaccine (I was warned this is part of the healing process) to now not present most of the waking day and ignorable when it happens.

My taste recovered quickly after 8+ days after 2nd dose. Before I listed the few things I could taste, now it is really one thing: fats. Bacon, cheese, ice cream, most deserts actually, and hamburger is so blaa when you cannot taste fat. But this is so much better than before.

I used to have the best sense of smell. Now, not so much. Post Vaccine I gained the ability to smell steak, citrus, and wine, but not like before. Before the vaccine I could only smell chemicals.

As part if this healing, I had four and a half weeks of fatigue. I'm normally one of the most energetic 50+ people out there. However, my energy is starting to come back. I don't blame the vaccine at all, my body is fighting something (three theories, 1) residual live virus, 2) virus shards cleaned out by vaccine, 3) Vaccine resets auto-immune system to a healthier level.)

My sister is now a Covid19 long haul symptoms doctor. Through her I have been able to consult with top experts in this new field. They tell me (verbally, no links) that 58% of people develop long haul symptoms and it is about the same hospitalized or not for nerve damage (my symptoms). Lung damage is far more common in severe (hospitalized) cases. For other than lung damage, nRNA vaccines fix 40% to 60% of patients by resetting the immune system (see theories above). Lung damage is scaring and vaccines cannot do a thing after the fact. My sister's greatest regret is all her young patients that wanted to go into the military and now are too crippled to qualify (she used to lead a Covid19 ward, back when a dedicated ward was required for the quantity of patients. Her hospital went from 50 to 8 patients, her last day on Covid19 ward had zero patients for her as she was critical care and all were in the ICU. Today 8 in critical care, but that isn't enough to stand up a full ward with 8 more in the ICU).

Lightsaber

arcticcruiser

Fri May 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Got my Janssen shot yesterday. Slight tenderness in arm a couple of hours after. Otherwise nothing. Great nights sleep. Male, 60 yrs.

Airontario

Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 pm

I got my first dose today. I live in a mid-sized city about 100km west of Toronto. The Regional Government has taken over an empty building supplies store, and turned it into a massive vaccination clinic.

I have to say I was really impressed with the set up. Upon entry, they confirm your name, appointment time and ask you the normal questions about symptoms and all that. Once that's done you check in at one of the 10ish desks with your Ontario Health Card to confirm your age, address, etc.

Following that you go to get your actual vaccine. There had to be about 30 or so nurses, each with a tablet, who once again confirm your name, age, contact info, vaccine safety stuff, etc. I got the shot, and then moved on to a waiting area, were you wait for 15 minutes in case of any reaction. There must've been about 75 chairs to wait at, and a handful of staff monitoring it all and answering any questions. Once the 15 minutes were up, you check out where you get your vaccination receipt and the time and date of your second dose.

I was in and out within 20 minutes, of that 15 minutes were the 15minute "rest" time. Everyone there was super friendly. They really made the whole process painless. Speaking of painless, it's been a few hours and my arm is a bit sore, but nothing that would stop me from doing anything.

diverted

Fri May 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Same story as most people here.
Had the first Pfizer dose in the end of April, second one was Wednesday May 19th. Sore arm after both, less sore the second time around.

Classa64

Sat May 22, 2021 1:05 am

Got the Pfizer with My wife last night around 5pm. Slept uneasy but it was a hot humid night. We both had to work today and both had a wicked sore arm in the morning, I accused her of punching me in her sleep, she punch my other arm to even it out :) Took some Tylenol and got through the day ok , I have a pretty high pain threshold so other than if I lifted my arm over my head it really was not an issue. Tonight its still sore but no big deal, I don't get second shot till Sept.

Airstud

Mon May 24, 2021 10:44 pm

DocLightning wrote:
Airstud wrote:
\

what I mean is that none of the original vaccine they gave you back in 1492 is still present in your system. But you immune memory, of course, is.

So I seem to have made an appointment to get my first Moderna type dose tomorra at the CVS in Maple Grove.

That way, I am close to Rusty's Tacos.

wr911

Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm

2nd Pfizer shot, arm a bit more sore than last time, but otherwise nothing else.