seb146
Topic Author

Arizona Election Audit

Thu May 13, 2021 12:16 am

So as not to derail another thread, this needs to be unpacked here

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... trust.html
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 979967001/
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ck/618834/

A private contractor, Cyber Ninjas, is conducting a recount of Maricopa County ballots. At one point, they wanted to contact voters individually and were also looking for bamboo on ballots. Also, this group wanted log in and passwords of government officials related to the election. After finding zero instances of massive voter fraud (five individual ones across the whole country from what I have read), there are still people who believe the election was stolen and will keep looking for evidence.

AirframeAS

Re: Arizona Election Audit

Thu May 13, 2021 12:55 am

They're doing this, 6 months after the election. Haven't we dealt with this enough already? (Nothing against you, Seb...at all.)

Aaron747

Thu May 13, 2021 1:17 am

It's just a huge ass grift for anyone who can still convince idiots there's a 'steal' narrative.

casinterest

Thu May 13, 2021 1:20 am

All you need to know and why is here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57089359

Republican audit backers theorise that if they can find substantive evidence of fraud then it means Trump really won Arizona. If Trump really won Arizona, maybe he really won other states he narrowly lost. And if he really won enough other states, then he really won the election

Even the BBC Author gets it
All this requires extreme logical contortions, but it's what they're rolling with.

So the Board of Supervisors of Maricopa county are on board? Nope.

It's also worth noting that the Republican-controlled Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, which ran the county's election process and reviewed its results, stands behind their original tally and has had no interest in participating in the process.

So who is doing it and How?
The Arizona Senate is paying $150,000 for the audit to be conducted by a private Florida-based company, Cyber Ninjas, that has never done anything like this before and isn't certified by the federal government to test voting systems.

The process by which the Senate chose the company is opaque, and extra costs are being covered by right-wing fundraising.

Already, Cyber Ninjas - which is paying individuals $15 an hour to conduct the audit - has made some basic mistakes, such as allowing blue pens to be used on the ballots. Blue ink is used to vote so this could potentially alter voters' intentions.

The company also has been accused of leaving ballots and computers unsecured.

As of today 10% of the votes have been counted. The article states that they were supposed to be done this week.

It seems that this is going to become a political nightmare for the GOP.

Aesma

Thu May 13, 2021 1:44 am

Who is preventing them to create the fraud after the fact ?

seb146
Topic Author

Thu May 13, 2021 5:08 am

AirframeAS wrote:
They're doing this, 6 months after the election. Haven't we dealt with this enough already? (Nothing against you, Seb...at all.)

I get it so no worries. There are people in the States who honestly believe there were millions of votes fraudulently cast for Biden. They have been told since November that it was all fake and the election was a landslide for Republicans. People were told this instead of believing facts. They stick their fingers in their ears and scream "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!" because they want so much to believe their plot line.

Aesma wrote:

Truth. Facts. Actual numbers.

Francoflier

Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 am

seb146 wrote:

Truth. Facts. Actual numbers.

The problem being that these people are in possession of the ballots, have little supervision, no experience and a very obvious political bias...

They also belong to a group of people to whom Truth, facts and actual numbers mean little.

The whole thing would be entirely laughable if if wasn't an indictment of the banana republic levels of political misbehavior and disregard for democracy part of the US political scene has sunk to.

petertenthije

Thu May 13, 2021 7:08 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore wrote:
On December 9, the five conservative justices on the Court granted the stay for Bush, with Scalia citing "irreparable harm" that could befall Bush, as the recounts would cast "a needless and unjustified cloud" over Bush's legitimacy.

I wonder what made republicans change their mind to continue counting. What could it be?

910A

Thu May 13, 2021 1:13 pm

I'm still waiting for these crazies to prove that a Korean Air 747 arrived in PHX in the early morning hours of Nov 7, 2020 and dropped off 40,000 ballots made of bamboo paper marked for Joe Biden and Mark Kelly.

petertenthije

Thu May 13, 2021 1:41 pm

910A wrote:
I'm still waiting for these crazies to prove that a Korean Air 747 arrived in PHX in the early morning hours of Nov 7, 2020 and dropped off 40,000 ballots made of bamboo paper marked for Joe Biden and Mark Kelly.

I heard it was a Malaysian 777. At least now we know what they needed MH370 for? ;-)

MaverickM11

Thu May 13, 2021 2:30 pm

This will not end until it ends badly, because the answer is predetermined and they're not going to stop until they reach it. Is Fox even covering this?

casinterest

Fri May 14, 2021 8:49 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... t-n1267330

Under the new lease signed Wednesday, the ballots, computers, tables and related equipment will be stored elsewhere at the state fairgrounds next week. The Senate will regain access to the coliseum on May 23 and have it through the end of June.

The effort has gone far slower than expected, and only a fraction of the ballots have been counted. The audit was to stop Thursday evening, then packing would begin and continue into Friday, said Ken Bennett, a former Republican secretary of state who is serving as the Senate’s liaison to the auditors.

On time on budget from the GOP? Of course not.

Looks like Arizona Tax payers will be paying leases on the Coliseum while counting is paused for graduations.

EA CO AS

Sat May 15, 2021 5:15 am

As a resident of both Arizona and Maricopa County, I think this is a waste of time and money. Having said that, if it helps whomever sleep better at night in the name of "transparency," then have at it. No one blinked at the numerous audits - both months and years later - of the Florida 2000 election, so I don't see why there's an issue here.

Just as with FL in 2000, the outcome here won't change anything. The Electoral College voted. The winner was sworn in. Both sides used recounts as a way to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the election. I don't like it, but what's good for the goose...

Aaron747

Sat May 15, 2021 5:23 am

EA CO AS wrote:
As a resident of both Arizona and Maricopa County, I think this is a waste of time and money. Having said that, if it helps whomever sleep better at night in the name of "transparency," then have at it. No one blinked at the numerous audits - both months and years later - of the Florida 2000 election, so I don't see why there's an issue here.

Just as with FL in 2000, the outcome here won't change anything. The Electoral College voted. The winner was sworn in. Both sides used recounts as a way to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the election. I don't like it, but what's good for the goose...

Except the FL 2000 case was deemed worthy of review by SCOTUS - the cases from 2020 were complete junk in all but one instance. That bears pointing out.

EA CO AS

Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 am

Aaron747 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

Except the FL 2000 case was deemed worthy of review by SCOTUS - the cases from 2020 were complete junk in all but one instance. That bears pointing out.

Regardless, you and I both know that to many people, both on the left and the right, perception is reality. And right now there's a perception that things like illegal drop boxes, late ballots processed, states changing election laws right before the election, and of course indefinitely confined voters, could have altered the outcome of the election. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's the issue. And if I'm the Biden Administration I'm wholeheartedly backing this.

Why?

Because overwhelming odds are it won't change a damn thing in terms of who carried AZ, and that's when you get to point your finger at the opposition and say, "Clearly, we won. Counts, recounts, and now an independent audit confirmed that," so you can once and for all toss any hint of "It was stolen!" and not have distractions while attempting to govern.

Aaron747

Sat May 15, 2021 5:47 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

Regardless, you and I both know that to many people, both on the left and the right, perception is reality. And right now there's a perception that things like illegal drop boxes, late ballots processed, states changing election laws right before the election, and of course indefinitely confined voters, could have altered the outcome of the election. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's the issue. And if I'm the Biden Administration I'm wholeheartedly backing this.

Why?

Because overwhelming odds are it won't change a damn thing in terms of who carried AZ, and that's when you get to point your finger at the opposition and say, "Clearly, we won. Counts, recounts, and now an independent audit confirmed that," so you can once and for all toss any hint of "It was stolen!" and not have distractions while attempting to govern.

Sure, that's the political reality - and that's definitely how the WH would want to play this. I'm just saying there's a big difference between actual hanging chads/incompetent staff -and controversy over *that*- and total bullshit drummed up by grifters and media personalities that got tossed in court in seconds. What that actually suggests is people are even dumber now than in 2000 - or worse, they don't want to know what the truth is.

EA CO AS

Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 am

Aaron747 wrote:
that actually suggests is people are even dumber now than in 2000

Well...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sierrakilo44

Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm

AirframeAS wrote:
They're doing this, 6 months after the election. Haven't we dealt with this enough already?

The GOP has just removed one of the most prominent Republicans from her leadership position as punishment for telling the truth about the election. They obviously want to keep the fraud narrative for the long term, so you’ll be hearing more about it.

The company contracted to perform the Arizona recount, Cyber Ninjas, is pro Trump. Their CEO is a Trump supporter who was tweeting election fraud and pro Qanon posts. One of their members was at the Capitol on Insurrection Day and another was a prominent Obama birther.

So expect Fox News to put the breaking news alert up when these guys provide “irrefutable” proof Trump won Arizona.....

Aaron747

Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
AirframeAS wrote:
They're doing this, 6 months after the election. Haven't we dealt with this enough already?

The GOP has just removed one of the most prominent Republicans from her leadership position as punishment for telling the truth about the election. They obviously want to keep the fraud narrative for the long term, so you’ll be hearing more about it.

The company contracted to perform the Arizona recount, Cyber Ninjas, is pro Trump. Their CEO is a Trump supporter who was tweeting election fraud and pro Qanon posts. One of their members was at the Capitol on Insurrection Day and another was a prominent Obama birther.

So expect Fox News to put the breaking news alert up when these guys provide “irrefutable” proof Trump won Arizona.....

That would be a stretch for the Fox news desk - though one of the evening hosts may run it to compete with OAN/Newsmax. :sarcastic:

apodino

Sat May 15, 2021 4:54 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

Why?

This is why I would not have opposed the Audit if I were the democrats even though I think most reasonable people can agree that there is very little funny business happening and Biden won fairly. I get why the audit was opposed, but at the same time it gives the Big Lie believers ammo to claim "See they don't want the audit, they must have something to hide".

sierrakilo44 wrote:
AirframeAS wrote:

These stories are already starting to appear. Of course when you read them they are nothing burgers but people will just see the headlines and not read the articles, then they will immediately hit the share button and that's how it starts.

bennett123

Sat May 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Will another audit actually convince anyone?.

seb146
Topic Author

Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 pm

bennett123 wrote:

This will give mid-term ammunition to "the big lie" candidates and right wing extremist outlets. It is an echo chamber.

casinterest

Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 pm

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/myth- ... out-again/

The article above basically highlights all the myths about this watermark thing that the "Cyber Ninjas" keep throwing about.

The GOP is throwing away money of the taxpayers again.

Aesma

Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm

I'm a member of another forum where threads can run for years. There is one thread about the "myth" of the Moon landings. After following it for a couple years, with both "sides" represented, all kinds of debunkings etc., I came to the conclusion that you could put these doubters on top of a Saturn V, send them to the Moon, and they would still argue it's fake.

casinterest

Mon May 17, 2021 3:32 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm a member of another forum where threads can run for years. There is one thread about the "myth" of the Moon landings. After following it for a couple years, with both "sides" represented, all kinds of debunkings etc., I came to the conclusion that you could put these doubters on top of a Saturn V, send them to the Moon, and they would still argue it's fake.

Our threads run for years here as well. We just have to use new issues to rekindle them :).

For my part in all of this is the fact that about 50-70% of the GOP is pushing this false narrative and it is costing lives, money, progress, and time.

As with the moon landing denial side. It didn't stop them from getting Weather satellite pictures.

Ken777

Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 pm

There may be some gain from this "audit" - the DOJ has already contacted them and, with luck, there will eventually be some cuffs and mugshots. There are laws regarding the handling the ballots and these "Cyber Ninjas" fools have no idea.

On the subject of Liz Cheney, what is the GOP "leadership" going to do if they fail to win the 2022 Election. They are going to look like idiots (deservedly) and won't be able to blame anyone but themselves. Especially if Trump has been indicted by then! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

casinterest

Tue May 18, 2021 2:13 am

The GOP is starting to realize they have screwed themselves and are calling for an end to the audit.

That, or the civil war is just getting started.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/maricopa-c ... s-for-end/

Jack Sellers, the Republican chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, questioned why Cyber Ninjas "can't even find files that were already given to them by Maricopa county."

"We wouldn't be asked to do this on-the-job training if qualified auditors had been hired to do this work," Sellers said. At the end of Monday's meeting he asserted that he "will not be responding to any more requests from this sham process."

Just called out the Cyber Ninjas as "spoon pudding trainees"

Aaron747

Tue May 18, 2021 2:22 am

casinterest wrote:
The GOP is starting to realize they have screwed themselves and are calling for an end to the audit.

Jack Sellers, the Republican chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, questioned why Cyber Ninjas "can't even find files that were already given to them by Maricopa county."

"We wouldn't be asked to do this on-the-job training if qualified auditors had been hired to do this work," Sellers said. At the end of Monday's meeting he asserted that he "will not be responding to any more requests from this sham process."

Not only that, but there are also accusations from Mariposa County that CN auditors are liars :

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter ... nn---FINAL

You can't make this stuff up!

tommy1808

Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Not only that, but there are also accusations from Mariposa County that CN auditors are liars :

Oh my, that is not just an interesting read, it is comedy gold.

Best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Tue May 18, 2021 5:57 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

Regardless, you and I both know that to many people, both on the left and the right, perception is reality.

This from the "facts don't care about your feelings crowd". :roll: We're watching an entire party scour the state of Arizona for non existent facts that will match their lunatic feelings. This is not a "both sides" issue. The right is in an alternate reality, fanned by their messiah from his compound in Florida. Lynn Cheney knows how dangerous it is to acknowledge reality and she has been punished for it. There is no such thing on the left no matter how hard you want there to be.

bennett123 wrote:

Audit the audit of the audit? :rotfl:

sierrakilo44 wrote:
AirframeAS wrote:

The only thing that is keeping one foot in reality for some conservative outlets is the threat of massive lawsuits, otherwise Fox would have jumped ship and joined the GOP's un-reality long ago.

Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Everyone's a RINO now except for QANon rabid ferret MTG and her pedophile sidekick Gaetz, who are the leading lights of the conservative movement

ER757

Wed May 19, 2021 6:59 pm

And yet another of Trump's lies debunked:
https://www.businessinsider.com/arizona ... yed-2021-5

seb146
Topic Author

Fri May 21, 2021 2:56 am

With all that is happening with Republican voter suppression laws across the country and loyalty to only one man and anti choice laws being enacted and hatred of all things government, maybe a thread needs to be stared about why Republicans hate democracy and the Constitution? They so desperately want a king but say they love the Founding Fathers for fighting against a king.

I am not calling anyone out but I am asking a legitimate question I want answered. I have my answers but I want to hear from legitimate MAGAs why we must put one person in charge and force one style of government on everyone?

VolvoBus

Fri May 21, 2021 11:48 am

Maybe it is time for the Democrat members of the Arizona Senate to demand some answers from Senate President Fann, to questions like :

1 Who hired these bozoes to undertake the audit ?

2 What qualifications did they have to be awarded the contract ?

3 What other bids were sought/requested/obtained ,and at what rates, before the contract was awarded ?

910A

Fri May 21, 2021 1:20 pm

VolvoBus wrote:
Maybe it is time for the Democrat members of the Arizona Senate to demand some answers from Senate President Fann, to questions like :

3 What other bids were sought/requested/obtained ,and at what rates, before the contract was awarded ?

Answers:
#1 - Senate President Fann

#2 - None, except being friends of friend.

#3 - None
Now Maricopa County will have to get new voting machines since the chain of custody has been broken, and who knows what these idiots have done to them.

Aaron747

Fri May 21, 2021 2:05 pm

910A wrote:
VolvoBus wrote:

Answers:

#3 - None
Now Maricopa County will have to get new voting machines since the chain of custody has been broken, and who knows what these idiots have done to them.

The County should sue Cyber Ninjas for any and all damages their audit activities have caused. Taxpayers have a right not to be screwed over by some fly by night company hired by a special interest group of politicians.

casinterest

Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm

The sad fact about all of this occurring is that the GOP is not a decent organization anymore. They are a fraud based money laundering scheme for dishonorable folks.

seb146 wrote:
I am not calling anyone out but I am asking a legitimate question I want answered. I have my answers but I want to hear from legitimate MAGAs why we must put one person in charge and force one style of government on everyone?

You should start a new thread on the Congressional investigations or lack thereof into January 6. An armed mob backed by the GOP wanted to overthrow the government, and the majority of the GOP want to avoid any investigation into their misdeeds and ignorance.

Aaron747

Fri May 21, 2021 2:26 pm

casinterest wrote:
The sad fact about all of this occurring is that the GOP is not a decent organization anymore. They are a fraud based money laundering scheme for dishonorable folks.

seb146 wrote:

You should start a new thread on the Congressional investigations or lack thereof into January 6. An armed mob backed by the GOP wanted to overthrow the government, and the majority of the GOP want to avoid any investigation into their misdeeds and ignorance.

We all know why - a real investigation will show a couple Senators and a gaggle of the House GOP caucus assisted them. And were possibly in league with the WH too.

seb146
Topic Author

Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm

910A wrote:
VolvoBus wrote:

Answers:

#3 - None

Links to the machines being removed because of Republican interference

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... s-n1268090
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 185817001/

luckyone

Fri May 21, 2021 5:03 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

seb146 wrote:

We all know why - a real investigation will show a couple Senators and a gaggle of the House GOP caucus assisted them. And were possibly in league with the WH too.

"Assisted" might be too strong a description. IMHO, more likely what would be revealed is a clear reluctance on Trump's behalf to actually do anything about it (which would be negligence, but that would be nothing new for Trump), and an undeniable affiliation on the part of some members of Congress that would sink them just the same.

seb146
Topic Author

Sat May 22, 2021 2:33 am

An interesting point was made during a progressive talk show today. I don't remember which one because I want to give credit. The point was that Republicans who so desperately want one man to rule the country and throw out the Constitution want everyone to believe voting is fraud. This is how they think they will do it. By spoiling voting machines and casting doubt on votes. Demanding audits by right wing groups looking for pieces of bamboo and harassing voters because the election was rigged. This is the new Republican plan to stay in power. Not actual governance, just creating doubt. And, unfortunately, there are enough in the Republican party to believe it they can convince this is the case.

art

Sat May 22, 2021 8:53 am

Auditors conducting the Republican-commissioned recount of 2020 votes in Arizona's Maricopa County said they found election data that former President Donald Trump falsely claimed had been destroyed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/arizona ... ?r=US&IR=T

If they found something I presume it was lost before. Does that mean the votes they found were not included in the count in the election?

Aaron747

Sat May 22, 2021 11:54 am

art wrote:
Auditors conducting the Republican-commissioned recount of 2020 votes in Arizona's Maricopa County said they found election data that former President Donald Trump falsely claimed had been destroyed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/arizona ... ?r=US&IR=T

If they found something I presume it was lost before. Does that mean the votes they found were not included in the count in the election?

Nothing was lost before - it was data the 'auditors' were too inept to originally find/identify. Explained here on pages 6 and 7 of Maricopa County's technical letter (was referenced in the article you posted).

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter ... ts-5172021

A company with no experience or accreditation in election systems has no business running this kind of operation - it's a total shitshow.

seb146
Topic Author

Sat May 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Maricopa County is looking at a possible law suit against Arizona Senate Republicans over this audit

https://kjzz.org/content/1685414/marico ... ontractors
https://www.12news.com/article/news/pol ... e2b6f260f3

phatfarmlines

Sat May 22, 2021 5:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
An interesting point was made during a progressive talk show today. I don't remember which one because I want to give credit. The point was that Republicans who so desperately want one man to rule the country and throw out the Constitution want everyone to believe voting is fraud. This is how they think they will do it. By spoiling voting machines and casting doubt on votes. Demanding audits by right wing groups looking for pieces of bamboo and harassing voters because the election was rigged. This is the new Republican plan to stay in power. Not actual governance, just creating doubt. And, unfortunately, there are enough in the Republican party to believe it they can convince this is the case.

:checkmark: And to further bolster that claim, the GOP is looking at another Georgia audit for Fulton County (Metro Atlanta). The GOP will seek every opportunity they have for election audits as they start campaigning for the 2022 midterms.

Another ballot audit set to move ahead in Fulton County, Georgia, as judge rules absentee ballots can be unsealed

Source: CNN

seb146
Topic Author

Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
seb146 wrote:

:checkmark: And to further bolster that claim, the GOP is looking at another Georgia audit for Fulton County (Metro Atlanta). The GOP will seek every opportunity they have for election audits as they start campaigning for the 2022 midterms.

Another ballot audit set to move ahead in Fulton County, Georgia, as judge rules absentee ballots can be unsealed

In other words:

They have no ideas to lead, they simply want to be in power.

Aaron747

Sun May 23, 2021 6:25 am

seb146 wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:
seb146 wrote:

In other words:

They have no ideas to lead, they simply want to be in power.

That’s the basic calculation for 2022 midterms in a nutshell.

casinterest

Fri May 28, 2021 4:00 pm

538 has released a pretty good summary of what is going on in Maricopa county. it isn't an audit.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/po ... thing-but/

“This is not motivated by any kind of serious worry that something went wrong,” said Michael Kang, a law professor at Northwestern University and an expert in election law. “It seems to be prompted by political motivations because the earlier counts and checks didn’t produce the outcome that the legislators wanted.”

Is it the republican's new platform to waste money for their wildish dreams and fantasies?

e GOP state senators who ordered the review have been battling local election officials since November over the results. Even after the majority-Republican Maricopa County Board of Supervisors hired two separate, independent firms to perform a forensic audit of the voting equipment used — an audit which found no irregularities — the state Senate was unsatisfied.

If the voters of Arizona were paying any real attention, they would ask for a recall of these wasteful liars .

Aaron747

Fri May 28, 2021 4:06 pm

casinterest wrote:
538 has released a pretty good summary of what is going on in Maricopa county. it isn't an audit.

“This is not motivated by any kind of serious worry that something went wrong,” said Michael Kang, a law professor at Northwestern University and an expert in election law. “It seems to be prompted by political motivations because the earlier counts and checks didn’t produce the outcome that the legislators wanted.”

Is it the republican's new platform to waste money for their wildish dreams and fantasies?

e GOP state senators who ordered the review have been battling local election officials since November over the results. Even after the majority-Republican Maricopa County Board of Supervisors hired two separate, independent firms to perform a forensic audit of the voting equipment used — an audit which found no irregularities — the state Senate was unsatisfied.

If the voters of Arizona were paying any real attention, they would ask for a recall of these wasteful liars .

Oh but but but they are just doing what the base demands, to ‘restore confidence’, is what the State Senate Prez told CNN the other day.

casinterest

Fri May 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Oh but but but they are just doing what the base demands, to ‘restore confidence’, is what the State Senate Prez told CNN the other day.

Confidence cannot be gained by ignoring reality.

PixelPilot

Fri May 28, 2021 6:27 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
that actually suggests is people are even dumber now than in 2000

Well...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Aaron747 needs to get on Twitter / TikTok.
The whole world of WTF awaits.