Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

GOP/QAnon Conference circus in Dallas encourage coup

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:03 pm

In case you had any doubt that the GOP and QAnon were two separate entities:

"Texas officials speak at QAnon-affiliated event where Trump adviser Michael Flynn encouraged military coup on U.S. government"

"At least three prominent Texas GOP officials took part in a Dallas conference this weekend with ties to the QAnon conspiracy theory movement, where a former Trump administration official advocated for a military coup on the U.S. government."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/01 ... ert-qanon/

Sidney Powell also showed up and dialed the crazy to 11--aren't lawyers looking for her?

""He can simply be reinstated," Powell said of Trump during the conference. The crowd cheered loudly in response to her groundless claims.

"And Biden is told to move out of the White House," the lawyer continued with a smirk on her face. "And President Trump should be moved back in. I'm sure there's not going to be credit for time lost, unfortunately. Because the Constitution itself sets the date for inauguration. But he should definitely get the remainder of his term and make the best of it. That's for sure," Powell insisted"

https://www.newsweek.com/sidney-powell- ... se-1596207

They'll do it all over again in Dallas for CPAC in July.
I don't take responsibility at all

Aaron747

Re: GOP/QAnon Conference circus in Dallas encourage coup

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:23 pm

The incredible thing is the IT dude who got Q going mistakenly outed himself a few months ago, and they still think it's a whole legit ecosystem of truthtellers.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... all-along/

https://www.insider.com/who-is-q-why-pe ... an-2020-10
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:41 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The incredible thing is the IT dude who got Q going mistakenly outed himself a few months ago, and they still think it's a whole legit ecosystem of truthtellers.

On the one hand, how could anyone follow QAnon, before the documentary, never mind after the documentary.

On the other hand it's not like they're receptive to facts or new information.
I don't take responsibility at all

casinterest

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:46 pm

This is what Mitch McConnell and the GOP senate and GOP house members have endorsed. By voting against the commissions to investigate the Jan 6 Riots, they have endorsed and continued to give legs to the conspiracy theorists that continue to push the Election Lie. We will see a summer of crazy because the GOP has abandoned America and the constitution in favor of a Golden Idol and the Big Lie.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

luckyone

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:46 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

On the one hand, how could anyone follow QAnon, before the documentary, never mind after the documentary.

Just an update of the Skull and Bones conspiracy theorists that got a lot of attention during the Dubya administration. I think it's also fairly safe to say that Sidney Powell no longer has any interest in her once-respected legal career now that she gets far more attention this way.

casinterest

Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:36 pm

Please let this be the start of an encouraging trend.

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-jpmorg ... 43033.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co will resume making political donations to U.S. lawmakers but will not give to Republican members of Congress who voted to overturn President Joe Biden's election victory, according to an internal memo on Friday seen by Reuters.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

seb146

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:59 pm

I can see this going one of two ways:

1. Republicans will finally get their dream of a violent overthrow of the government and ban all dissent
2. Fewer and fewer people will show up to the calls for a violent overthrow of the government until the Republican party rights itself and purges the crazies.

I fear we are much closer to 1 than 2....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

meecrob

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:26 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
[On the one hand, how could anyone follow QAnon, before the documentary, never mind after the documentary.

Have you seen people?

Aaron747

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:38 am

This is an automatic LOL - Mike Lindell's attorney already facing consequences for filing his ridiculous lawsuit this week:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... ng-lawsuit

In a statement shared with The Hill, the firm said it “became aware of the filing of the complaint which was done without receiving firm authorization pursuant to internal firm approval procedures.”

“The firm has withdrawn as local counsel in this matter and has ended the client relationship. The attorney representing the client in this matter is no longer with the firm,” the statement said.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Aesma

Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:48 pm

Still pretending they love the constitution huh ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

seb146

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Weren't these also the same people who were demanding we "get over it" and all line up in lock step behind their guy in 2016? What happened to that?

casinterest

Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:37 pm

seb146 wrote:
Weren't these also the same people who were demanding we "get over it" and all line up in lock step behind their guy in 2016? What happened to that?

These are the people that are a danger to themselves and others, and are asking for freedom to have as many guns as possible to enforce their delusions.

art

Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Is there no penalty for sedition in the US? I'm not talking about the state coming down on your average, unknown Jo calling for a military coup. I'm talking about a politician supporting the overthrow of democracy.

QF7

Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:02 pm

seb146 wrote:

1. Republicans will finally get their dream of a violent overthrow of the government and ban all dissent
2. Fewer and fewer people will show up to the calls for a violent overthrow of the government until the Republican party rights itself and purges the crazies.

Seb,

I think it’s going to be a combination of the two.

Take that kid who ingested the anti-immigrant spiel to the point he drove to El Paso and shot up that Walmart.

Now we’ve got Matt Gaetz saying the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to violently rebel against the government if necessary and Michael Flynn saying we should have a Myanmar style coup.

Some nutter is going to decide to take matters into their own hands and one or several someones is going to die.

Republicans will be irretrievably tied to this and start to lose elections left and right. Only then will they try to right themselves.
QF7

jetwet1

Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:39 pm

As long as the military don't buy into it all that will happen is some stupid people will end up doing time or come to a sudden and short conclusion that their. AR15's really don't stand up well against police/state guard/an M1A1.

The question I have is how many of these Trump will be back in office on such and such a date do we have to through before the con can be accepted as a con?

Actually, okay Trump is in his 70's, not in the best shape, so it's safe to say he is living in borrowed time, do you think these wingnuts will start quoting dates on when he will rise ?

petertenthije

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:44 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
do you think these wingnuts will start quoting dates on when he will rise ?

The loudmouth will rise again?
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

johns624

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:53 pm

petertenthije wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
do you think these wingnuts will start quoting dates on when he will rise ?

The loudmouth will rise again?
The good thing is that he's old and is so full of himself that he could never groom or name a successor.

seb146

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:35 am

art wrote:
Is there no penalty for sedition in the US? I'm not talking about the state coming down on your average, unknown Jo calling for a military coup. I'm talking about a politician supporting the overthrow of democracy.

Depends on if they have a (D) or (R) behind their name.....

seb146

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:37 am

QF7 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Seb,

Take that kid who ingested the anti-immigrant spiel to the point he drove to El Paso and shot up that Walmart.

Now we’ve got Matt Gaetz saying the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to violently rebel against the government if necessary and Michael Flynn saying we should have a Myanmar style coup.

Some nutter is going to decide to take matters into their own hands and one or several someones is going to die.

Republicans will be irretrievably tied to this and start to lose elections left and right. Only then will they try to right themselves.

I can see a part of this being Republicans not showing up to vote because "the system is rigged so why should I bother voting" and they will lose election after election, then their mouth pieces on AM radio and inside the echo chamber will say "SEE!?!? I TOLD YOU IT WAS RIGGED!!!!" and terrible and violent things will happen.

stl07

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:36 am

seb146 wrote:
QF7 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Seb,

I can see a part of this being Republicans not showing up to vote because "the system is rigged so why should I bother voting" and they will lose election after election, then their mouth pieces on AM radio and inside the echo chamber will say "SEE!?!? I TOLD YOU IT WAS RIGGED!!!!" and terrible and violent things will happen.

A la Georgia
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

hannah9898

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:44 pm

The GOP is no longer a party. It's a GQP cult. And also, many of their members spread Racism, Islamophobia and other Fascist thingy.