Nice gesture! No surprise this comes from Lukaku, he's just as great a person as he is a football player. Him and KDB also are the ones driving the whole team to kneel at kickoff. Lukaku explained recently that it isn't about BLM anymore, but as a protest against all kinds of discimination, racism, sexism, violence against gays, ...
And based on the 1st round played my impressions:
- Belgium (my country) played decent, well organised and very efficiently. They're the most experienced team in the tournament and have a decent claim on their chances to win it. It remains to be seen however in what shape KDB, Witsel and Hazard will be when things get serious.
- England was impressive for 25 minutes. The rest of the game was decent. Definitely motivated and enthousiastic, but perhaps they lack experience when they'll be up against France or Belgium. Still got a chance though.
- Netherlands was far better than I expected. But that wasn't reflected in the final score. They should have scored more and taken less. It looks like they're going to score many and take many. If they manage to improve their defensive organisation, they could go far.
- France was, well, France. Rock solid organisation, always keeping head cool. Preventing opponent to play a good game and razor sharp and fast attacks. They will be very hard to beat. Top favourite to win the tournament.
- Germany was unimpressive. No creativity and not enough speed. One would say that they have little chance to get far but it would be naive to write them off.
- Italy and Spain I didn't see play.