Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Max Q
Topic Author

Anyone here with BPH ?

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:06 am

This is becoming more and more of a problem, completely fed up with it and considering different medical procedures/ surgery

Anyone suffer with this and found a solution that really works ?

Dutchy

Re: Anyone here with BPH ?

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:34 am

BPH? What is it?

readytotaxi

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:08 am

Benign prostate enlargement ?

cskok8

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:19 am

Max Q wrote:
This is becoming more and more of a problem, completely fed up with it and considering different medical procedures/ surgery

Have you seen a urologist? There are medications that can control the symptoms but in the end its a plumbing problem so needs a plumber's solution (surgery). Also need to rule out cancer before deciding on any of these treatments

emiratesa345

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Something that may be worth looking into is Dr. Paul Saladino and his book “Carnivore Code”. He suggests that many inflammations that we suffer from can be addressed by what we consume. This has been life changing for me and I hope the same for you and others.

Virtual737

Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Max Q wrote:

My next door neighbour has it (aged 73 now) and only last month took pleasure in giving me the details of his "widening" surgery which he has performed every few years.

At least I think that's what he has. The prostate enlarges, squeezing the urethra more and more to the point he can't empty his bladder. He tells me his surgery works wonders each time. I'm happy to ask him the more about the specific procedure he has if you like?

Max Q
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:05 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

My next door neighbour has it (aged 73 now) and only last month took pleasure in giving me the details of his "widening" surgery which he has performed every few years.

At least I think that's what he has. The prostate enlarges, squeezing the urethra more and more to the point he can't empty his bladder. He tells me his surgery works wonders each time. I'm happy to ask him the more about the specific procedure he has if you like?

I would appreciate that

There are several alternative procedures available, trying to find one that works well with good ‘reviews’

Thank you

Max Q
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:10 pm

cskok8 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

Have you seen a urologist? There are medications that can control the symptoms but in the end its a plumbing problem so needs a plumber's solution (surgery). Also need to rule out cancer before deciding on any of these treatments

It has been ‘looked at’ regularly and diagnosed as benign, there are medications but they have quite unpleasant side effects.

Surgery is an option but once you start getting more invasive the possibility of complications and unintended consequences goes up considerably

Looking more favorably at out patient procedures like the ‘Urolift’ but there’s several options, I’m trying to find one that has a good success record

Max Q
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:11 pm

readytotaxi wrote:

Correct

nwadeicer

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:32 am

Max Q wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Correct

Not one to normally say "ya got to see this guy" But in this case I will say it. I suffered for a few years with constant prostate infections, I mean it was bad. Visited with a few different urologists and was always given antibiotics to kill the infection. Was advised they would have to go in a cut out the infected area or totally remove the prostate, resulting in no "Mr. Happy" etc. One day my wife was reading the Detroit Free Press and read an article on this Urologists in Dearborn, MI who had "perfected" the art of laser surgery on the prostate. Called him up and drove down to see him a week later. He performed numerous tests and stated he would go in and laser out the infected area as well as enlarge my bladder neck that was too narrow. I'd have a catheter for the night and would be fine after that. Went ahead and scheduled the surgery, had it done and going on 20 years now, I have never had an issue with my prostate since. At the time I was lucky to get in to see him as he was traveling the US teaching other Urologists on how to do this type of surgery. If you are interested his name is Dr. Mahmood Hai with Affiliates in Urology. Dearborn, Michigan.

Max Q
Topic Author

Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:43 am

nwadeicer wrote:
Max Q wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Correct

Not one to normally say "ya got to see this guy" But in this case I will say it. I suffered for a few years with constant prostate infections, I mean it was bad. Visited with a few different urologists and was always given antibiotics to kill the infection. Was advised they would have to go in a cut out the infected area or totally remove the prostate, resulting in no "Mr. Happy" etc. One day my wife was reading the Detroit Free Press and read an article on this Urologists in Dearborn, MI who had "perfected" the art of laser surgery on the prostate. Called him up and drove down to see him a week later. He performed numerous tests and stated he would go in and laser out the infected area as well as enlarge my bladder neck that was too narrow. I'd have a catheter for the night and would be fine after that. Went ahead and scheduled the surgery, had it done and going on 20 years now, I have never had an issue with my prostate since. At the time I was lucky to get in to see him as he was traveling the US teaching other Urologists on how to do this type of surgery. If you are interested his name is Dr. Mahmood Hai with Affiliates in Urology. Dearborn, Michigan.

Thanks for the information

afcjets

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:58 am

emiratesa345 wrote:
Something that may be worth looking into is Dr. Paul Saladino and his book “Carnivore Code”. He suggests that many inflammations that we suffer from can be addressed by what we consume. This has been life changing for me and I hope the same for you and others.

I haven't heard of or read the book but am familiar with some of the benefits of the carnivore diet and know how transformational it is for almost everyone with a health issue who tries it, especially when it comes to inflammation. I think a paleo diet can have similiar results and is more practical (and perhaps healthier) long term, but think the more extreme ones like carnivore and keto can have amazing benefits short term until something is brought under control. One reason I heard is if nothing else they are elimination diets, and the body can heal much easier when it can take a rest from processing so many different substances.

Virtual737

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:00 am

Max Q wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

I would appreciate that

There are several alternative procedures available, trying to find one that works well with good ‘reviews’

Thank you

TURP is the procedure he has had twice, 20 years apart. The second op was required after a spinal block for an unrelated surgery. Apparently 20 years between ops is not uncommon, but so is no additional treatment needed. His approximate ages at the time of both were early 50s and early 70s.

His words were "I wouldn't discourage anyone from TURP", which isn't quite "go get it", but close enough. He had done lots of research before deciding on that treatment. Hope it helps in some way.

Max Q
Topic Author

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:46 am

Virtual737 wrote:
Max Q wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:

I would appreciate that

Thank you

TURP is the procedure he has had twice, 20 years apart. The second op was required after a spinal block for an unrelated surgery. Apparently 20 years between ops is not uncommon, but so is no additional treatment needed. His approximate ages at the time of both were early 50s and early 70s.

His words were "I wouldn't discourage anyone from TURP", which isn't quite "go get it", but close enough. He had done lots of research before deciding on that treatment. Hope it helps in some way.

Thanks for that information

That’s a very invasive procedure which it sounds like he had no choice in, he was dealing with serious issues

I’m looking for something just to provide some relief, there’s several different options and I’m trying to see if anyone has had one