Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aaron747
Topic Author

Tucker Carlson and Right Wing Media Insinuate 'FBI Operatives' Behind Capitol Riots

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:15 am

Just when you thought the crazy couldn't get any crazier, the leading primetime host on a major US network is now quoting bombshell 'news' from right wing sources with hyperemotional headlines and virtually no factual backup in their articles. What 'news' this time? That the federal government has not named all unindicted January 6th suspects, therefore they must be FBI operatives! See everyone? It was all staged. In his opinion segment, Carlson claims Revolver News is one of the 'last honest outlets on the internet'. One look at their home page indicates they are a proud propaganda rag. This nonsense is tearing the country apart and Carlson acts like he's trying to save everyone from division. Disgusting.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... pitol-riot

The reviewers at nonpartisan Mediabiasfactcheck.com rate Revolver as far right, and uncredible:

The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page, name authors or editors, and do not openly disclose ownership...

...Overall, we rate Revolver.News right biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing techniques and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 9/21/2020) Updated (4/18/2021)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/revolver-news/

I am amazed at the lengths current 'conservatives' go to in trashing the FBI. Are they perfect? No. But as a large organization with an impossibly broad brief, they work hard to identify threats on the daily, and have done so tirelessly since 9/11. That deserves, IMO, at least a modicum of respect.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MaverickM11

Re: Tucker Carlson and Right Wing Media Insinuate 'FBI Operatives' Behind Capitol Riots

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:05 pm

So it’s not antifa anymore? Will they blame critical race theory next week? Or Mr potato head? :rotfl:
I don't take responsibility at all

Aaron747
Topic Author

Re: Tucker Carlson and Right Wing Media Insinuate 'FBI Operatives' Behind Capitol Riots

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:33 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
So it’s not antifa anymore? Will they blame critical race theory next week? Or Mr potato head? :rotfl:

Mr. Potato Head was the victim of Antifa agents embedded in an FBI CRT task force. :rotfl:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

casinterest

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:01 pm

No reasonable person should be watching Fox news . There is no value from that organization. everytime they wind up in court, they say that no reasonable person would believe any of their prime time editorials. So why do people watch Fox news? is it that much better than anything else out there? Do they get jollies by watching liars blame someone else?

I always remember the old El Paso commercial for Salsa. All these cowboys complaining about Salsa made in NYC. Yet why do so many "Conservatives" in Rural areas trust people that have made decades of their lives living in a very liberal state and working in a very liberal city?

There is an issue with people that are unreasonable. There is also an issue with Media that can brand itself as news, when it is nothing of the sort in charter. Mixing these items with power hungry lying politicians and gullible people that fall for the fake rage, and fake fear mongering is dangerous for this country.

Tucker Carlson is a disgraceful entertainer. He sells out the US government for laughs and money to people too uneducated and too unreasonable to understand that they are the sheep in his money making scheme.

You can't tell unreasonable people not to watch this stuff. They are unreasonable of course. However people need to call out the advertisers and folks putting on the lies daily.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

Reinhardt

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Is there no media regulator in the US of any type? In the UK there is one (rather toothless usually) but it has in the past actually removed broadcast licenses from those who continually do not offer what normal people consider to be balanced views. Having a news channel with one person talking to the camera almost entirely pushing their views doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. I suppose US folks will scream freedom of speach, but at what point do you say you know what enough with the crazy? And it is batsh** crazy, and people have fallen for it, in their millions. It's actually just dangerous to democracy.

tommy1808

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
No reasonable person should be watching Fox news .

didn´t their own lawyers claim no reasonable person would take Tucker Carson serious anyways?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

casinterest

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:19 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
No reasonable person should be watching Fox news .

didn´t their own lawyers claim no reasonable person would take Tucker Carson serious anyways?

best regards
Thomas

This is what Fox New Lawyers always claim when there is a lawsuit against any one of their opinion personalities. Carlson, Hannity, O'relilly, Ingraham.............
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain

skyservice_330

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Quackery. The truth - that MAGA agitators emboldened by the Rioter In Chief stormed the seat of US democracy - is uncomfortable when looking in the mirror, so they need to come up with their alternative version.

Pure quackery.

extender

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:47 pm

That's the difference between people with common sense, I can watch both channels and decide for myself, where as certain people posting are insisting one not be watched. Put a cork in the rhetoric.

casinterest

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:49 pm

extender wrote:
That's the difference between people with common sense, I can watch both channels and decide for myself, where as certain people posting are insisting one not be watched. Put a cork in the rhetoric.

Fox news dropped their fair and balanced motto, they claim their viewers can't be reasonable to believe their employees

I am just pointing out that Fox news is a waste of time for anyone that values information and truth in delivery.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:49 pm

extender wrote:

You like watching channels/hosts that make a mockery of workaday FBI agents, accusing them of being criminals?

MaverickM11

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:05 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
extender wrote:

You like watching channels/hosts that make a mockery of workaday FBI agents, accusing them of being criminals?

And does that qualify as backing the blue or nah? Do blue lives only matter when you’re trying to beat them to death with a blue lives matter flag? It’s hard to keep track.
I don't take responsibility at all

ER757

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:30 pm

I watched about 8 minutes of the video - Tucker Carlson is a completely unhinged whacko. How he's still on the air is beyond me. Fox has no shame......

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:35 pm

ER757 wrote:
I watched about 8 minutes of the video - Tucker Carlson is a completely unhinged whacko. How he's still on the air is beyond me. Fox has no shame......

Nah he's just playing one. He knows exactly what he's doing. Graduated with a history degree from a mini-Ivy League, and hangs out at a Virginia country club minutes after he records his missives about wealthy elites and whatever else.

seb146

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:49 pm

extender wrote:

People who say this usually have made up their minds before even tuning into CNN with zero context. There is plenty of unedited clips to show how completely off the rails Fox and OAN and Newsmax are. Never mind that CNN uses their opinion time to balance out what Fox, OAN, and Newsmax said and MSNBC is a legit news source because MAGAs say it is.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

casinterest

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:58 pm

It looks like at least one Republican has stepped up to call out the lies.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5589 ... -trump-and

"Yes," Kinzinger responded. "It's been so much information peppered on these people, but now you can just say 'FBI planned Jan. 6,' that's the new thing. You can't prove otherwise, because by the time you do prove otherwise they don't listen to facts anyway."

So just more misinformation to unreasonable people.

Kinzinger, who has been sharply critical of the former president and his supporters, said the spread of the conspiracy is a prime example of the effect Trump has had on the information and politics ecosystem in America, particularly on the right.

"This is the legacy of Trump and Trumpism," he said. "This is the legacy of blatant and outright lies to people that are being abused for their raw noble patriotism."

NIKV69

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Not a Tucker fan though his monologue on the Mayor of Chicago was spot on last night. As for this topic I don't know but as I watched Jan 6th unfold all I could say was why are they not mowing those people down? The capital is like the White House if you get invaders you give one verbal warning and then the bullets have to fly. To protect government officials there is no other way. It's very odd more didn't get shot like that woman. Very odd.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Not a Tucker fan though his monologue on the Mayor of Chicago was spot on last night. As for this topic I don't know but as I watched Jan 6th unfold all I could say was why are they not mowing those people down? The capital is like the White House if you get invaders you give one verbal warning and then the bullets have to fly. To protect government officials there is no other way. It's very odd more didn't get shot like that woman. Very odd.

Mmmm hello, Kent State?? Since then it has been anathema to mow down protesters. We don’t do banana republic shit like that.

Aesma

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Tucker Carlson seemed a bit less in love with Trump than the average Fox host, criticizing him sometimes, but now that Trump has lost, Tucker has decided to go full crazy for some reason. Maybe a retirement plan, make some more millions for a couple more years then disappear into the sunset ?

For those who claim to watch both CNN and Fox to "balance things", it must be tiring, no ? All that balancing. Like a sport. What about watching neither ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Kent350787

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:59 am

Aesma wrote:
Tucker Carlson seemed a bit less in love with Trump than the average Fox host, criticizing him sometimes, but now that Trump has lost, Tucker has decided to go full crazy for some reason. Maybe a retirement plan, make some more millions for a couple more years then disappear into the sunset ?

For those who claim to watch both CNN and Fox to "balance things", it must be tiring, no ? All that balancing. Like a sport. What about watching neither ?

Fox's main competitors are to its right, rather than the more balanced networks. It needs to amp up the conspiracy to compete.

A concern for me is that Sky News after dark, Murdoch's Australian conspiracists, seem to be building a US following via YT, with no control over what it can allege.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/ Q100/200/E195/ 733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/ 320/321/332/333/345/359

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:25 am

Kent350787 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Fox's main competitors are to its right, rather than the more balanced networks. It needs to amp up the conspiracy to compete.

A concern for me is that Sky News after dark, Murdoch's Australian conspiracists, seem to be building a US following via YT, with no control over what it can allege.

Oh yeah, those idiots are pushing the Biden cognitive impairment angle hard. The funny thing is the Sky hosts stuck on that issue are all seniors themselves.

Aesma

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:26 am

And the mastermind behind both (and now GB News too) is 90 and they don't seem to care that he's intent on destroying democracy on the planet.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

NIKV69

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Mmmm hello, Kent State?? Since then it has been anathema to mow down protesters. We don’t do banana republic shit like that.

What happened to "insurrectionists"? That is all I hear on the news? It's not banana republic to stop a threat to an elected official.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

What happened to "insurrectionists"? That is all I hear on the news? It's not banana republic to stop a threat to an elected official.

Some nuance to apply - the ones who fought cops, broke in, and were hunting for members of Congress are insurrectionists. The hundreds cheering them on outside were not. Imagine the backlash if they just started opening fire - Ruby Ridge in DC.

NIKV69

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Some nuance to apply - the ones who fought cops, broke in, and were hunting for members of Congress are insurrectionists. The hundreds cheering them on outside were not. Imagine the backlash if they just started opening fire - Ruby Ridge in DC.

No nuance at all. Ashli Babbitt was not killed outside. You are not trying to twist my words into that I said open up on the people outside peacefully protesting. That is not what I said at all and you know it. This also has nothing whatsoever to do with Ruby Ridge. Jeez.

casinterest

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Tucker has doubled down on his baseless lies.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 68558.html

Plenty of burn from legal scholars over Tucker's baseless lies to his viewers.

Legal experts went on record to debunk the claims, including Tulane University Law professor Ross Garber, who told CNN that Mr Carlson’s claim “makes the erroneous assumption that unindicted co-conspirators are government agents.” He continued, “Federal agents acting within the scope of their duties are never considered unindicted co-conspirators because by definition they aren’t conspiring with the alleged bad guys.

Why Does Fox News hate the police and FBI so much?

seb146

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:23 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

No nuance at all. Ashli Babbitt was not killed outside. You are not trying to twist my words into that I said open up on the people outside peacefully protesting. That is not what I said at all and you know it. This also has nothing whatsoever to do with Ruby Ridge. Jeez.

Actually, Babbitt was crawling through a broken window into the Speaker's lobby. She was breaking in. The officer had no idea if it was friend or foe. They were in the midst of a domestic terror attack. The officer had no idea if it was friend or foe crawling through the window in the midst of a domestic terror attack.

And, just to remind people, the "peaceful protesters" outside were chanting "Death to Pence" and had erected a gallows to hang him. Such peaceful.....

casinterest

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:28 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Actually, Babbitt was crawling through a broken window into the Speaker's lobby. She was breaking in. The officer had no idea if it was friend or foe. They were in the midst of a domestic terror attack. The officer had no idea if it was friend or foe crawling through the window in the midst of a domestic terror attack.

And, just to remind people, the "peaceful protesters" outside were chanting "Death to Pence" and had erected a gallows to hang him. Such peaceful.....

There was a video of the shooting that got removed from youtube, my recollection of what was in it, the police guarding the door were overwhelmed and forced to back out of the way of the insurrectionists. They all broke the doors, and Babbitt was acting very threatening and jumped towards the window to go through it. The officer inside fired and struck her.
The video I remember was further back in the crowd, but this video shows the officer firing. It also skips a good amount of time 20 seconds prior to the shooting.

https://youtu.be/ldqDgTlOfq4?t=20

tommy1808

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:01 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Not just outside, right at that door people where yelling to kill the "blues".

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

NIKV69

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:08 pm

casinterest wrote:

There was a video of the shooting that got removed from youtube, my recollection of what was in it, the police guarding the door were overwhelmed and forced to back out of the way of the insurrectionists. They all broke the doors, and Babbitt was acting very threatening and jumped towards the window to go through it. The officer inside fired and struck her.
The video I remember was further back in the crowd, but this video shows the officer firing. It also skips a good amount of time 20 seconds prior to the shooting.

https://youtu.be/ldqDgTlOfq4?t=20

The shooting of Babbitt was clearly justified. It's not even close and it's a wonder more didn't get shot.

johns624

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

The shooting of Babbitt was clearly justified. It's not even close and it's a wonder more didn't get shot.
Yep. Just like a burglar climbing through your window. You don't wait until they are all the way through, they just have to show intent. That doorway was the "line in the sand".

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:05 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

No words were twisted - your original statement vaguely referred to ‘invaders’. Ruby Ridge is an apt reference because that’s exactly how a harsher response would have been framed by those already angry at the government. Here you had a crowd many of whom literally claimed Congress was ‘robbing’ their favorite of reinauguration. Want to ensure even more events? Start taking people out - I’m sure that was a calculation on the day. Newsmax and others still can’t stop squawking about the ‘execution’ of Babbitt, even where we can all see it was justified.

sierrakilo44

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:12 am

johns624 wrote:
That doorway was the "line in the sand".

If it had been any other group apart from mostly white MAGA QAnoners and flag waving Trumpers they would’ve been riddled with bullets the second they crossed the police lines outside the building and there’s not a chance in hell they would’ve gotten any where near the front door of the building.

We saw from the George Floyd Protests last spring that US Law Enforcement loves to use brutal force on any protest group they consider to be leftist, whether they’re being peaceful or not. In the Capitol attack they were shaking hands with MAGA at one point.

sierrakilo44

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:22 am

Kent350787 wrote:

As an Australian I know how frightening Sky News Australia’s influence can be. It was just revealed that one of the Australian Prime Minister’s close friends is a QAnon believer who managed to get some QAnon talking points inserted into one of the PM’s speeches. They also gave the wife of this person a job at the official Australian Prime Minister’s residence. Of course Sky News and other Murdoch media has rushed to the defence of PM by attacking the public broadcaster that aired the story.

It’s straight out of the US Fox News playbook.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:39 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
That doorway was the "line in the sand".

If it had been any other group apart from mostly white MAGA QAnoners and flag waving Trumpers they would’ve been riddled with bullets the second they crossed the police lines outside the building and there’s not a chance in hell they would’ve gotten any where near the front door of the building.

We saw from the George Floyd Protests last spring that US Law Enforcement loves to use brutal force on any protest group they consider to be leftist, whether they’re being peaceful or not. In the Capitol attack they were shaking hands with MAGA at one point.

Ah but that's the rub. According to MAGA malcontents, leftists *should* receive a beatdown, wherever they gather/protest. I've seen them advocate same for conservatives who oppose their hero.

afcjets

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:54 am

Reinhardt wrote:
Is there no media regulator in the US of any type?.

Yes, Twitter and Facebook.

"“I don’t want the government to take over the job of telling America what tweets are legitimate and what are not,” Graham said in his opening remarks. “But when you have companies that have the power of government, have far more power than traditional media outlets, something has to give.”

Graham took particular exception to Facebook and Twitter's decision to throttle the spread of a New York Post article about Hunter Biden’s business dealings in the run-up to the election.

"You're the ultimate editor," he said."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/202 ... 317585002/

afcjets

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:08 am

Aaron747 wrote:
extender wrote:

Apparently CNN does it too then, as Tucker pointed out their hypocrisy tonight over their supposed outrage at his FBI inquiry.

"Informants and agents don’t always play the role of passive listener. They may offer the suspect the opportunity to participate in a fictitious terror plot, replete with fake bombs and real guns, court records show."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/politics ... index.html

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:12 am

afcjets wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:
Is there no media regulator in the US of any type?.

Yes, Twitter and Facebook.

"“I don’t want the government to take over the job of telling America what tweets are legitimate and what are not,” Graham said in his opening remarks. “But when you have companies that have the power of government, have far more power than traditional media outlets, something has to give.”

Graham took particular exception to Facebook and Twitter's decision to throttle the spread of a New York Post article about Hunter Biden’s business dealings in the run-up to the election.

"You're the ultimate editor," he said."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/202 ... 317585002/

Graham is a waffling twit. FB and Twitter have a global user base and operationally they are far too busy preventing content like pedophilia and scams to be any kind of actual regulator, even if it were true. They primarily act on what large numbers of users report. In any case Tweets are just one voice among hundreds of methods of conducting messaging. Nobody is forced to Tweet or read Tweets.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:15 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
extender wrote:

Apparently CNN does it too then, as Tucker pointed out their hypocrisy tonight over their supposed outrage at his FBI inquiry.

"Informants and agents don’t always play the role of passive listener. They may offer the suspect the opportunity to participate in a fictitious terror plot, replete with fake bombs and real guns, court records show."

If you actually read the article, you'd note that aside from obvious empathy for pizza dude, it is quite balanced - several paragraphs are devoted to why the FBI conducts surveillance and quotes officials on why tcounterterror operations are effective and necessary.

This is how Carlson approached things? I think not. Indefensible.

afcjets

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:28 am

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

If you actually read the article, you'd note that aside from obvious empathy for pizza dude, it is quite balanced - several paragraphs are devoted to why the FBI conducts surveillance and quotes officials on why tcounterterror operations are effective and necessary.

I read it but didn't need to. Tucker explained how CNN was right in reporting this story and how the FBI unfairly targeted this young depressed Muslim American.

And yes, precisely how Tucker approached this. He is merely asking questions but the FBI of course never comments on active investigations. He has even said he doesn't know for sure but thinks this is what's happening and he said will apologize profusely if he turns out to be wrong.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:38 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I read it but didn't need to. Tucker explained how CNN was right in reporting this story and how the FBI unfairly targeted this young depressed Muslim American.

And yes, precisely how Tucker approached this. He is merely asking questions but the FBI of course never comments on active investigations. He has even said he doesn't know for sure but thinks this is what's happening and he said will apologize profusely if he turns out to be wrong.

It's irresponsible to quote sources like Revolver and anyone who can think critically knows it. 'Merely asking questions' is bullshit cover for anyone as smart as Carlson. Ten minutes of research by his team would have shown him that legal designations in court filings like 'unindicted co-conspirator' never apply to government personnel part of an operation - by law. Numerous prosecutors posted as much within minutes of his segment gaining attention. It's flat-out lies.

afcjets

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:26 am

Aaron747 wrote:
It's irresponsible to quote sources like Revolver and anyone who can think critically knows it. 'Merely asking questions' is bullshit cover for anyone as smart as Carlson. Ten minutes of research by his team would have shown him that legal designations in court filings like 'unindicted co-conspirator' never apply to government personnel part of an operation - by law. Numerous prosecutors posted as much within minutes of his segment gaining attention. It's flat-out lies.

Government personnel part of an operation, which will already have proof of with video of Capital police letting protestors inside the capital, is the issue. No one cares if Revolver, Tucker, or whoever filed a lawsuit labelled them incorrectly, except people who want to deflect finding out the the full truth of January 6.

https://youtu.be/PiF4EIReuY4

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:40 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Government personnel part of an operation, which will already have proof of with video of Capital police letting protestors inside the capital, is the issue. No one cares if Revolver, Tucker, or whoever filed a lawsuit labelled them incorrectly, except people who want to deflect finding out the the full truth of January 6.

https://youtu.be/PiF4EIReuY4

They were not 'labelled incorrectly' as part of a lawsuit :lol: - I'm not sure you understand the details of this story well. The language Carlson and Revolver cited was from prosecutors' charging documents as part of an indictment.

Legal experts say the government literally cannot name an undercover agent as an unindicted co-conspirator.

“There are many reasons why an indictment would reference unindicted co-conspirators, but their status as FBI agents is not one of them,” said Jens David Ohlin, a criminal law professor at Cornell Law School.

Added Lisa Kern Griffin of Duke University Law School: “Undercover officers and informants can’t be ‘co-conspirators’ for the purposes of establishing an agreement to violate the law, because they are only pretending to agree to do so. … An unindicted co-conspirator has committed the crime of conspiracy, and investigative agents doing their jobs undercover are not committing crimes.”

Oopsie!

https://thebulwark.com/the-fbi-did-it-lol/

seb146

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:17 pm

afcjets wrote:

Carlson will never ever apologize. Instead, he will go on an hour long rant about how he was right and CNN can not be trusted and Biden can not be trusted and "liberals" are out to get him and it will be spin, spin, spin to make himself not apologize at all ever.

Carlson just keeps spinning. Ginning up the base to stay in MAGA's good graces. Take a look at who Carlson and people like him have blamed for the MAGA domestic terror attack so far:

antifa
BLM
FBI
China
Democrats

They even went so far as to claim it was just a normal peaceful tour of the Capital.

petertenthije

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
It's irresponsible to quote sources like Revolver and anyone who can think critically knows it. 'Merely asking questions' is bullshit cover for anyone as smart as Carlson.

‘Merely asking questions’ is part of a strategy that right wing media, Fox in particular, has perfected.

At the beginning of the day the host will ask some loaded question. The question does not matter, as long as it makes Trump/republicans look good and democrats look bad.

An hour later, the next host will come. This host will mention that some people are asking questions. That the previous host kicked it off is of course a detail that need not be mentioned.

Another hour later, now with the serious news instead of a talking head. Let’s mention again people are talking.

Another hour later, a detailed analysis of the talk of the day. And what’s even more convenient, twitter whores like CNN have been talking about the question as well!

By the end of the day Fox can tick off the box for another planted story that is stearing national discourse.

And people keep falling for it time and time again.
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

luckyone

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:26 pm

petertenthije wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
It's irresponsible to quote sources like Revolver and anyone who can think critically knows it. 'Merely asking questions' is bullshit cover for anyone as smart as Carlson.

‘Merely asking questions’ is part of a strategy that right wing media, Fox in particular, has perfected.

At the beginning of the day the host will ask some loaded question. The question does not matter, as long as it makes Trump/republicans look good and democrats look bad.

An hour later, the next host will come. This host will mention that some people are asking questions. That the previous host kicked it off is of course a detail that need not be mentioned.

Another hour later, now with the serious news instead of a talking head. Let’s mention again people are talking.

Another hour later, a detailed analysis of the talk of the day. And what’s even more convenient, twitter whores like CNN have been talking about the question as well!

By the end of the day Fox can tick off the box for another planted story that is stearing national discourse.

Circular apophesis. Looky there. There’s a rumor going about (that I started...but no matter...).

sierrakilo44

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:12 am

petertenthije wrote:

By the time night rolls around then you’ve got Hannity, Ingraham and Tucker Carlson. They dispense with mere “questions” and outright push conspiracy theories about how the left/Dems are Marxists in cahoots with the UN and Soros to commit evil acts related to whatever that topic that was raised by the Fox “straight” news team earlier that day.

Drafran

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:02 pm

ER757 wrote:

Oh, that's easy: a bunch of simple-minded hillbillies watch it and believe the crap they spew from their anal mouths.

seb146

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:58 pm

luckyone wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Circular apophesis. Looky there. There’s a rumor going about (that I started...but no matter...).

White House spokesperson Jen Psaki deals with this all the time. There are so many clips of her dealing with right wing reporters and their "people are saying...." questions. It is epic.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:54 pm

Drafran wrote:
ER757 wrote:

Oh, that's easy: a bunch of simple-minded hillbillies watch it and believe the crap they spew from their anal mouths.

I’m not sure the simple minded ones can follow half the vocabulary Carlson uses - but that’s part of the schtick.