Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Max Q
Topic Author

Singers / songs with most indecipherable lyrics

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:26 am

The excellent ‘most overdone songs’ thread had me pondering many songs over the years whose lyrics cannot be understood, many amusing examples of misunderstood lyrics are out there

In the ‘70’s Elton John was at the top of his game, an extremely talented artist but I often had no idea what he was going on about, not that it mattered

A friend of mine was a big Rolling Stones fan, her favorite song of theirs was ‘I’ll never be your big Suburban’

Her translation of ‘I’ll never be your beast of burden’ !

I’m sure there are many more
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

Virtual737

Re: Singers / songs with most indecipherable lyrics

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:15 am

At age 12, Toto's Africa had the lyrics "As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti".

With no internet to look it up, only a few years of education and at least a few weeks before "Smash Hits" magazine might list the lyrics (which were often wrong), my version was:

"As sure as Killum and Jerro rise up like an empress above the [mumble something]"

I would sing this at the top of my voice, lowering it only for the [mumble something] bit. With hindsight, I actually prefer that version of youth to today's.

Aaron747

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:27 am

There's a lot of these having grown up in the 80s :lol: My dad was a big Stones fan and always told me Mick's lips were so big half the words never came out clearly.

Two that stick out in my mind are 'Money for Nothing' - I always thought Knopfler was saying 'pistols' instead of 'blisters'...'get a pistol on your little finger/thumb' makes no sense, but to a kid, hey! The other was 'Sweet Dreams' - I always thought Lennox sang 'some of them want to abuse you / some of them want to be AMUSED' and 'keep your head up / MOVE ALONG' :lol: Oh, to be a kid again.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:51 am

I have a degree in broadcasting. Our mentor was brilliant and a legend around these parts. He made it VERY clear that we enunciate. He has since passed and he is resting in peace so I can pass these words of wisdom. Like he told us to say always pause between words and phrases. As in "Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits" and "Next out of the stall is the great bull rider Mike Hunt" and so on.

Still, I giggle when I hear the Elton John hit "Tiny Dancer" because I also hear "hold me closer Tony Danza" and the Jimi Hendrix classic "Purple Haze" when I hear "'scuse me while I kiss this guy" instead of the actual written lyric.

Ah, memories... You kids will get it one of these days.... :)
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Virtual737

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:31 am

seb146 wrote:
Ah, memories... You kids will get it one of these days.... :)

As Robbie Williams and probably others sang: "Youth is wasted on the young".

Dutchy

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:37 am

A radio station have an 'official' term for this: Mama appeelsal. Songs with undecidable lyrics which listeners hear 'dutch' words of sentences in :lol:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Braybuddy

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:10 am

Dutchy wrote:
A radio station have an 'official' term for this: Mama appeelsal. Songs with undecidable lyrics which listeners hear 'dutch' words of sentences in :lol:

It's known as a mondegreen in English:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

seb146 wrote:
the Jimi Hendrix classic "Purple Haze" when I hear "'scuse me while I kiss this guy" instead of the actual written lyric.

I think EVERYBODY thought that! :yes:

Virtual737 wrote:
At age 12, Toto's Africa had the lyrics "As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti".
With no internet to look it up, only a few years of education and at least a few weeks before "Smash Hits" magazine might list the lyrics (which were often wrong), my version was:
"As sure as Killum and Jerro rise up like an empress above the [mumble something]"

I used to hear that as "As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like a Memphis over the Serengeti", which made no sense at all.

Aaron747 wrote:
Two that stick out in my mind are 'Money for Nothing' - I always thought Knopfler was saying 'pistols' instead of 'blisters'...'get a pistol on your little finger/thumb' makes no sense, but to a kid, hey!

I always thought the chorus was "Money for nothing and your cheques for free". It's interesting that the song hasn't been cancelled, apologised for and Dire Straits blacklisted over the OTHER lyrics in the song, which would definitely NOT pass the PC test nowadays . . . :roll:

One that intrigued me was Push the Button by The Sugababes. I really did NOT think they were singing "When you're ready for me boy" in the chorus of Push the Button, and I don't think they wanted it to sound that way either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJDGcxA ... ababesVEVO

I'm sure it was changed for live concerts, in the way The Beautiful South used to change the lyrics of Don't Marry Her, from "Don't marry her, have me" to something a little more intimate: :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xo80hR ... lSouthVEVO

Aaron747

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:14 am

Braybuddy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

It's known as a mondegreen in English:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

seb146 wrote:
the Jimi Hendrix classic "Purple Haze" when I hear "'scuse me while I kiss this guy" instead of the actual written lyric.

I think EVERYBODY thought that! :yes:

Virtual737 wrote:

I used to hear that as "As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like a Memphis over the Serengeti", which made no sense at all.

Aaron747 wrote:
Two that stick out in my mind are 'Money for Nothing' - I always thought Knopfler was saying 'pistols' instead of 'blisters'...'get a pistol on your little finger/thumb' makes no sense, but to a kid, hey!

I always thought the chorus was "Money for nothing and your cheques for free". It's interesting that the song hasn't been cancelled, apologised for and Dire Straits blacklisted over the OTHER lyrics in the song, which would definitely NOT pass the PC test nowadays . . . :roll:

One that intrigued me was Push the Button by The Sugababes. I really did NOT think they were singing "When you're ready for me boy" in the chorus of Push the Button, and I don't think they wanted it to sound that way either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJDGcxA ... ababesVEVO

I'm sure it was changed for live concerts, in the way The Beautiful South used to change the lyrics of Don't Marry Her, from "Don't marry her, have me" to something a little more intimate: :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xo80hR ... lSouthVEVO

There has never been a reason to 'cancel' Knopfler because he has always been clear in interviews that song is from the perspective of two working class simpletons and that's how they talk.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Braybuddy

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:19 am

Aaron747 wrote:
There has never been a reason to 'cancel' Knopfler because he has always been clear in interviews that song is from the perspective of two working class simpletons and that's how they talk.

Oh right, which sound perfectly reasonable. But given the highly emotive reaction to certain adjectives nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes up for revision at some stage. :roll:

Aaron747

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:35 am

Braybuddy wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Oh right, which sound perfectly reasonable. But given the highly emotive reaction to certain adjectives nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes up for revision at some stage. :roll:

Jimmy Page, Elvis, and Steven Tyler dated girls under 15 and nobody has canceled them. 'Brown Sugar' is still played on classic rock radio, and nobody has cancelled that. Perhaps it's reasonable to relax about the perceived reach of cancel culture.

Braybuddy

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:06 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Jimmy Page, Elvis, and Steven Tyler dated girls under 15 and nobody has canceled them. 'Brown Sugar' is still played on classic rock radio, and nobody has cancelled that. Perhaps it's reasonable to relax about the perceived reach of cancel culture.

Back in the '70s it was common, and completely acceptable, for musicians to have underage girl followers called "groupies", to whom it was a badge of honour to sleep with the most, and the most famous. Where did we go wrong????

luckyone

Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:21 pm

"Informer" by Snow Patrol.
"Smells Like Teen Spirit."
Aaron747 wrote:
There's a lot of these having grown up in the 80s :lol: My dad was a big Stones fan and always told me Mick's lips were so big half the words never came out clearly.

I've always pictured Mick Jagger as Tina Turner's love child with Jack Skellington.

scbriml

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:09 pm

My wife has an appalling (or brilliant depending on your viewpoint) knack for getting song lyrics very wrong. It's a long-standing family joke, but until I finally corrected her, she would sing "She's so funky, yeah" to Peter Gabriel's 'Games without frontiers'.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

wingman

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:31 pm

My ongoing befuddlement is being blinded by the light and wrecking out like doosher in the middle of the night. I know I've read the intended lyrics but that's what the man is saying.

luckyone

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:05 pm

wingman wrote:
My ongoing befuddlement is being blinded by the light and wrecking out like doosher in the middle of the night. I know I've read the intended lyrics but that's what the man is saying.

I have never known what the lyrics are to that song. Now, regardless of whatever they actually are, this is what I shall hear! :rotfl:

ER757

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:13 pm

I remember a co-worker in the 70's asking me who did that song "Home, Going Home Now." I was absolutely baffled until it came on the radio and she said "this is it." It was, get ready for it - "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. :smile:
I see others mentioned Jagger and yeah, half of the lyrics on Exile on Main Street are utterly unintelligable. I think the poor production may have contributed
And unless you've seen them printed out, I defy anyone to tell me the lyrics to Immigrant Song, Out on the Tiles or Celebration Day among others by Led Zeppelin

flybaurlax

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Family Guy had some great highlights on this very topic:

Sting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwAhuEVuM7c

Piggybacking off the other thread about Eddie Vedder or Scott Stapp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvQz9uQVNkA

The Cranberries have a plethora of lyrics that I misunderstood growing up when listening to them in the 90s.
Boilerup! Go Purdue!

DIRECTFLT

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Someone commented on YouTube that all Pearl Jam videos should come with sub-titles, as well as in concert.

It wasn't until I bought the Led Zeppelin Songbook, that I was able to figure out what was said in many of their songs. I think that Songbook covered albums 1 - HOTH or PG.

When I first heard Heart's Mistral Wind, I thought she was singing about her period. :eyebrow:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

ER757

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
albums 1 - HOTH or PG.

When I first heard Heart's Mistral Wind, I thought she was singing about her period. :eyebrow:

:rotfl: - yeah, that crossed my mind too.

ltbewr

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:07 pm

Of course the grand master of pop music satire 'Weird' Al Yankovic has made fun of misunderstood or garbled lyrics. His satire of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' had intentionally garbled lyrics (as did other Nirvana songs).

Max Q
Topic Author

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:31 pm

wingman wrote:

That song has the dubious distinction of being indecipherable and extremely annoying !

GGg

Max Q
Topic Author

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:32 pm

ER757 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
albums 1 - HOTH or PG.

This takes the award for funniest interpretation so far !

GGg

cjg225

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:53 pm

luckyone wrote:
"Smells Like Teen Spirit."

One of my favorite stories about music is about Weird Al's parody of "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Paraphrasing a bit, but I guess he was connected with Nirvana somehow through Saturday Night Live. He always asks permission from bands/artists to parody their songs even though he doesn't have to by law. Call it professional courtesy. So, he asks Kurt Cobain in the run up to Nirvana's appearance on SNL. Cobain is all for it, because by this time Weird Al is a star and artists consider it a rite of passage to have a song parodied by Weird Al. Cobain asks if the parody is going to be a take on the song title and be about things that smell bad, and Weird Al responds, "No, it's going to be about how no one can understand your lyrics." :rotfl:

And, without further ado: "Smells Like Nirvana," by Weird Al Yankovic
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

ER757

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:52 am

Max Q wrote:
ER757 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
albums 1 - HOTH or PG.

This takes the award for funniest interpretation so far !

Got one that's close - way back around 1970 a band called Shocking Blue had a song entitled "Venus" - in the chorus a line was "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, your desire." A friend of mine thought the singer was saying "I'm your penis"

Braybuddy

Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:12 pm

I think the singer with probably the most indecipherable lyrics has to be David Bowie, and I speak as a fan (apart from his latter years). I remember him once saying in an interview that he would sometimes write the lyrics, then jumble them around, which makes sense, when you read some of them.

Kno

Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:38 pm

The theme song for The Sopranos has always been fun for me

The part where “shame about it” is sung it sounds much more like “shave my body”

I always get a kick out of that

Aaron747

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Love the nods here to Weird Al and 'Smells Like Nirvana'...I still get a kick out of that parody to this day, among many others. My favorite part: 'It's hard to brawf nawvvle zowsss with all these marbles in my mouth' :lol:

Jalap

Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:55 pm

The Killers song Human. "Are we human or are we dancer". Whatever you try to make of the word "dancer", it never makes sense. Pretty dense line. Or denser even?

afcjets

Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:22 pm

By far it's Sitting Still by REM. Despite the title it's a very upbeat song. With few exceptions, the only decipherable lyrics are the title itself.

https://youtu.be/-sqpF-Si4o8

cjg225

Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Love the nods here to Weird Al and 'Smells Like Nirvana'...I still get a kick out of that parody to this day, among many others. My favorite part: 'It's hard to brawf nawvvle zowsss with all these marbles in my mouth' :lol:

Weird Al is a treasure.

I love "A garage band from Seattle... well this sure beats raisin' cattle!" and the kazoos in the audience.

M564038

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:38 pm

Never heard anyone call the production on Exile «poor» before. It is a totally iconic and very calculated affair.
The vocals are mixed low very intentionally.

I actually had a major label artist ask me to mix his record with the vocals at that level, he went as far as to fly an «exile expert» in to sit behind me to make sure I didn’t mix the vocals too loud. He really wanted it to sit the Exile-way. I ended up putting gaffers tape on the main vocal fader so they would stop second guessing me and be assured the vocals were low enough for their liking.

Needless to say, at this point (the late 90’s) the label did not think barely decipherable vocals were a good way to get a return on their investment, so we had to re-mix. However, the morale is that amongst a certain group of artist, exile had a very strong impact regarding production aesthetics.

ER757 wrote:
I remember a co-worker in the 70's asking me who did that song "Home, Going Home Now." I was absolutely baffled until it came on the radio and she said "this is it." It was, get ready for it - "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. :smile:
I see others mentioned Jagger and yeah, half of the lyrics on Exile on Main Street are utterly unintelligable. I think the poor production may have contributed
And unless you've seen them printed out, I defy anyone to tell me the lyrics to Immigrant Song, Out on the Tiles or Celebration Day among others by Led Zeppelin

ER757

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:45 pm

M564038 wrote:
Never heard anyone call the production on Exile «poor» before. It is a totally iconic and very calculated affair.

I actually had a major label artist ask me to mix his record with the vocals at that level, he went as far as to fly an «exile expert» in to sit behind me to make sure I didn’t mix the vocals too loud. He really wanted it to sit the Exile-way. I ended up putting gaffers tape on the main vocal fader so they would stop second guessing me and be assured the vocals were low enough for their liking.

Needless to say, at this point (the late 90’s) the label did not think barely decipherable vocals were a good way to get a return on their investment, so we had to re-mix. However, the morale is that amongst a certain group of artist, exile had a very strong impact regarding production aesthetics.

ER757 wrote:

I guess everyone has different tastes - I remember one review of Exile called it "the greatest album never produced" :smile: That line has always stuck with me when I think of the record. Fantastic material but the whole thing sounded muddy like it was recorded on a dual track home tape recorder with cheap microphones. Maybe that's the sound they were looking for.

Aaron747

Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:40 am

ER757 wrote:
M564038 wrote:

ER757 wrote:

I guess everyone has different tastes - I remember one review of Exile called it "the greatest album never produced" :smile: That line has always stuck with me when I think of the record. Fantastic material but the whole thing sounded muddy like it was recorded on a dual track home tape recorder with cheap microphones. Maybe that's the sound they were looking for.

Both 'Exile' and 'Some Girls' sound amazing in their remastered reissues from 2010 on.

Kiwirob

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

In many countries that line is cropped from the song.

FGITD

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:38 pm

cjg225 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Weird Al is a treasure.

I love "A garage band from Seattle... well this sure beats raisin' cattle!" and the kazoos in the audience.

I find great humor not only in Weird Al’s music, but the irony of him having been a very successful musician for much longer than most of the musicians he parodies. He’s been doing this since the 70s!

And there’s also the fact that he is by all accounts one of the nicest people in that industry, which is really saying something considering the career trajectories of most long term musicians

Braybuddy

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
In many countries that line is cropped from the song.

Well, not surprising, given that "Fairytale of New York" was reissued in a censored, sanitised version for the same reason a couple of years ago. Are we in 2021 or 1951? I'm not sure anymore.

cjg225

Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:49 pm

FGITD wrote:
I find great humor not only in Weird Al’s music, but the irony of him having been a very successful musician for much longer than most of the musicians he parodies. He’s been doing this since the 70s!

And there’s also the fact that he is by all accounts one of the nicest people in that industry, which is really saying something considering the career trajectories of most long term musicians

When comedy is done right, it's timeless.

The guy is also very dedicated to his craft. He performed hours after learning his parents had tragically died in a home accident.

CaptHadley

Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:02 am

I must be in the minority as I never found the appeal of Weird Al. Seems to be quite talented but i'm just not into parody songs I guess.

jetwet1

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:44 pm

Louie Louie by The Kingsman. It was actually investigated by the FBI.

T18

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 pm

No mention of Blinded By the Light and the line "Revved up like a Deuce" yet?
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

CaptHadley

Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:09 am

Iron Butterfly’s In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was originally supposed to be called In the garden of Eden but Doug Ingle was so hammered thatthe way it came out is the way people know it by.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:49 am

Most operas.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

NWAESC

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:34 am

**Cocteau Twins have entered the chat**
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

F27500

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:29 pm

Earth Wind and Fire ... that group garbled their way through the 70s.

OA412

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Nirvana, for sure. Smells Like Teen Spirit has been mentioned, but most of their work is indecipherable.

Heart of Glass by Blondie has been mentioned yet. I was never able to figure out half of what Debbie Harry is saying until I read the lyrics.

jetwet1 wrote:
Louie Louie by The Kingsman. It was actually investigated by the FBI.

:checkmark: A classic!

CaptHadley wrote:
Iron Butterfly’s In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was originally supposed to be called In the garden of Eden but Doug Ingle was so hammered thatthe way it came out is the way people know it by.

Our next hymn is “In the Garden of Eden” by I. Ron Butterfly.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

luckyone

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:40 pm

OA412 wrote:
Nirvana, for sure. Smells Like Teen Spirit has been mentioned, but most of their work is indecipherable.

I read somewhere an interview from the surviving members discussed how Kurt Cobain would frequently write lyrics in 5-10 minutes just before the band was due to record. So in my mind, I picture Kurt Cobain doing what the rest of us do when we know the melody but not the words to a song "mmmgjhbmmghh I KNOW THIS WORD mdmdmfmgjahdhfhghgh I KNOW THIS PART mmmmgmgmgmmmgmmm..." and so forth. His heroin habit surely didn't help the situation.

bunumuring

Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:39 am

Braybuddy,
You have made my day!

NEVER thought I'd see the brilliant Beautiful South on a.net!!! Total fan boy here!
I totally love 'Don't Marry Her' and have always found the two versions interchangeable in funny ways. Some of their greatest hits packages have the 'clean' version and at least one has the 'other' version. The original album and singles have the more colourful version. All the live versions I have in various recording (except one) have the colourful version .... I have to be so careful when playing playlists and CDs/albums of their songs, considering the context carefully!

As for 'Africa', this little Aussie boy always thought that the line was... 'As killer Minjaro rises like a leproess above the Sarah Kin-knees'...
I just assumed that Minjaro was some infamous female African rebel or dictator who had triumphed over a tribe/nation called the 'Sarah Kin-knees' and wiped them out like leprosy (in my young mind) wiped out lepers! I just assumed that my primary school education in far-off Australia did not delve deeply enough into African history for me to know about such things....

As for 'Money For Nothing'... Yep, I also used to sing 'cheques'... and never thought anything of it. never did like Dire Straits however, only the song 'Brothers In Arms' was a favourite of mine with it's 'Take On Me' rip-off video!

Nirvana? I always thought that part of heir plan was for us NOT to understand he intricacies of their lyrics....

And as a true blue Australian, I need to nominate the one Aussie singer that I reckon all Aussies can agree is totally indecipherable, James Reyne! Except his masterpiece ballad of course, 'Reckless'....
I dare anyone to decipher the lyrics of his first solo single 'Fall of Rome'!!!

Take care,
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

Braybuddy

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 am

bunumuring wrote:
I totally love 'Don't Marry Her' and have always found the two versions interchangeable in funny ways. Some of their greatest hits packages have the 'clean' version and at least one has the 'other' version. The original album and singles have the more colourful version. All the live versions I have in various recording (except one) have the colourful version .... I have to be so careful when playing playlists and CDs/albums of their songs, considering the context carefully!

I didn't realise the second version was on the original album. Obviously they has some fun plalying around with lyrics in the recording studios. A minefield for DJs, and undoubedly the more interesting version has occasionally slipped under the net, much to the embarrassement of radio stations. It may well become a classic, and probably more popular, just like Smokie's alternative version of "Living Next Door to Alice". There seemed to be a big gap between the two versions here.

bunumuring wrote:
As for 'Africa', this little Aussie boy always thought that the line was... 'As killer Minjaro rises like a leproess above the Sarah Kin-knees'...
I just assumed that Minjaro was some infamous female African rebel or dictator who had triumphed over a tribe/nation called the 'Sarah Kin-knees' and wiped them out like leprosy (in my young mind) wiped out lepers! I just assumed that my primary school education in far-off Australia did not delve deeply enough into African history for me to know about such things....

Your imagination is much more fertile than mine!

bunumuring

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:27 am

Hey Braybuddy!
I have a story about "Living Next Door to Alice"...
I had an aunt called Alice. She loved the song. So naturally her daughter wanted to play it at her funeral along with a few other favourites and the expected hymn or two ...
You can guess the rest!
I have never seen so many people leap up and rush towards the front of a church during a funeral!
Take care,
Bunumuring

bunumuring

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:28 am

Hey Braybuddy!
I have a story about "Living Next Door to Alice"...
I had an aunt called Alice. She loved the song. So naturally her daughter wanted to play it at her funeral along with a few other favourites and the expected hymn or two ...
You can guess the rest!
I have never seen so many people leap up and rush towards the front of a church during a funeral!
Take care,
Bunumuring