Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1605
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:55 am

Having a relative in law enforcement quotas is the biggest myth out there.

Some states say quotas are illegal. Still the same states bring in anywhere from 10% to 40% of their budget by writing citations and they still keep track of how much each individual brings in. So you figure it out.
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:53 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
Here in Slovakia the police will stop you if you're 1kmph over the limit.. They'll ask for €20 for that speed.


If they do, they violate the law. The fines in Slovakia aren't up to the police officers. There is a set range of fines. This table is if force since April 1, 2020 and valid for 2021.

Overspeed Fine
Within city limits Rural area
Up to 6 km/h Up to 6 km/h Warning
7 to 10 km/h 7 to 15 km/h 10-30 €
11 to 15 km/h 16 to 25 km/h 35-40 €
16 to 20 km/h 26 to 30 km/h 45-50 €
21 to 25 km/h 31 to 35 km/h 100-150 €
26 to 30 km/h 36 to 40 km/h 180-220 €
31 to 35 km/h 41 to 45 km/h 250-280 €
36 to 40 km/h 46 to 50 km/h 300-330 €
41 to 45 km/h 51 to 55 km/h 350-370 €
46 to 50 km/h 56 to 60 km/h 380-400 €
51 to 55 km/h 61 to 65 km/h 500-600 €
56 to 60 km/h 66 to 70 km/h 650-750 €
Over 60 km/h Over 70 km/h 800 €

Do you speak Slovak? Perhaps they will mess with you because they think you're a tourist. And as far as the road quality is concerned, I'd say there is something worse than the motorway quality in western Slovakia: The lack of thereof in the east.


My Slovak is quite poor and they definitely think I was a tourist, UK plates and also don't look at all European.. They're also supposed to give you a receipt as well.. Do you have the link to the above please.. I'll print it out and keep it in the car :) And yes there is a complete lack of motorway infrastructure in the East.. Lots of 'planned' but not much actual.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 13629
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:09 am

In Norway the police will pull you over for 5kph over the speed limit, so I don't know what you're complaining about, you sped, got caught, deal with it.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 13629
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:20 am

Reinhardt wrote:
Zeppi wrote:
things (almost) everyone sticks to very strictly: Lane discipline, safety distances, mutually taking care of each other.
.


Lane disipline on Autobahn's I'll agree with. Generally Germans are very good at that, certainly a million times better than the UK where people's motorway driving skills have over the last 15 years just turned into a joke.

I suppose generally German's are ok with safety distances but I wouldn't say that much better than anyone else in Northern Europe. Belgiums are clearly the worst. However when it rains heavily on the autobahns (which are generally appaling at dispersing water) it never ceases to amaze me how little people care. You'll still have people driving right up to your boot doing 180-200 when you can't see 200m ahead. It's just outright dangerous. Add in night time with no cats eyes either, it's almost scary at times.


I agree with this, I drove from Hamburg Airport to Bremen in a storm one night in a Ford Transit, no motorway lighting, no cats eyes, I did not enjoy it one little bit, I've driven that route in daylight a few times I've hahad had any problem and enjoyed it.
 
B777LRF
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:10 am

Many moons ago I was gentle strolling down an unrestricted part of the A3 near Hannover at around 210 km/h in the dead of night, almost nil traffic. Passing a raststelle I noticed a sign indicating speed limit of 120, which would be reasonable in daylight and normal traffic conditions. But with an empty A-bahn in front of me, I decided to ignore it. FLASH goes the speed camera and I think to myself "fukkid, busted!". I was not living in Germany at the time, and there was no intra-EU agreement in place whereby a fine issued in one country would be upheld in the resident country of the offender.

Got a nice letter from the local German sheriff, inviting me to attend a court meeting. Decided to skip that and nothing happened.

Years later my job moves to Germany, and I have to visit the local government house to register myself as a resident. Went with a not small amount of trepidation, half expecting the civil servant to say "Ahh, Herrn B777LRF, vee haf been waiting for you!". Didn't happen, I drew a sigh of relief and never heard anything about it again.

I've only collected one speeding ticket in my 30+ years of driving, for doing 58 in a 50 zone. Fair cop, paid the ticket and learned my lesson.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:27 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
Here in Slovakia the police will stop you if you're 1kmph over the limit.. They'll ask for €20 for that speed.


If they do, they violate the law. The fines in Slovakia aren't up to the police officers. There is a set range of fines. This table is if force since April 1, 2020 and valid for 2021.

Overspeed Fine
Within city limits Rural area
Up to 6 km/h Up to 6 km/h Warning
7 to 10 km/h 7 to 15 km/h 10-30 €
11 to 15 km/h 16 to 25 km/h 35-40 €
16 to 20 km/h 26 to 30 km/h 45-50 €
21 to 25 km/h 31 to 35 km/h 100-150 €
26 to 30 km/h 36 to 40 km/h 180-220 €
31 to 35 km/h 41 to 45 km/h 250-280 €
36 to 40 km/h 46 to 50 km/h 300-330 €
41 to 45 km/h 51 to 55 km/h 350-370 €
46 to 50 km/h 56 to 60 km/h 380-400 €
51 to 55 km/h 61 to 65 km/h 500-600 €
56 to 60 km/h 66 to 70 km/h 650-750 €
Over 60 km/h Over 70 km/h 800 €

Do you speak Slovak? Perhaps they will mess with you because they think you're a tourist. And as far as the road quality is concerned, I'd say there is something worse than the motorway quality in western Slovakia: The lack of thereof in the east.


My Slovak is quite poor and they definitely think I was a tourist, UK plates and also don't look at all European.. They're also supposed to give you a receipt as well.. Do you have the link to the above please.. I'll print it out and keep it in the car :) And yes there is a complete lack of motorway infrastructure in the East.. Lots of 'planned' but not much actual.


Here you go. It is the second pdf to download.

https://www.minv.sk/?dokumenty-na-stiahnutie-5

Unfortunately, it is in Slovak only. But then, this is the only language you can expect the slovak cops to speak anyway.
If they didn't give you a receipt, it is clear, they kept the money. Also, you said you don't look "European" at all. Well, if your roots are reaching to the subcontinent, it gives the entire thing a new perspective. I wouldn't be afraid to use the R word.
 
noviorbis77
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:54 pm

In the UK, the rule of thumb is 10% plus 3.

So in theory you should get away with 80mph on a motorway etc.

But you could get done.
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:04 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

If they do, they violate the law. The fines in Slovakia aren't up to the police officers. There is a set range of fines. This table is if force since April 1, 2020 and valid for 2021.

Overspeed Fine
Within city limits Rural area
Up to 6 km/h Up to 6 km/h Warning
7 to 10 km/h 7 to 15 km/h 10-30 €
11 to 15 km/h 16 to 25 km/h 35-40 €
16 to 20 km/h 26 to 30 km/h 45-50 €
21 to 25 km/h 31 to 35 km/h 100-150 €
26 to 30 km/h 36 to 40 km/h 180-220 €
31 to 35 km/h 41 to 45 km/h 250-280 €
36 to 40 km/h 46 to 50 km/h 300-330 €
41 to 45 km/h 51 to 55 km/h 350-370 €
46 to 50 km/h 56 to 60 km/h 380-400 €
51 to 55 km/h 61 to 65 km/h 500-600 €
56 to 60 km/h 66 to 70 km/h 650-750 €
Over 60 km/h Over 70 km/h 800 €

Do you speak Slovak? Perhaps they will mess with you because they think you're a tourist. And as far as the road quality is concerned, I'd say there is something worse than the motorway quality in western Slovakia: The lack of thereof in the east.


My Slovak is quite poor and they definitely think I was a tourist, UK plates and also don't look at all European.. They're also supposed to give you a receipt as well.. Do you have the link to the above please.. I'll print it out and keep it in the car :) And yes there is a complete lack of motorway infrastructure in the East.. Lots of 'planned' but not much actual.


Here you go. It is the second pdf to download.

https://www.minv.sk/?dokumenty-na-stiahnutie-5

Unfortunately, it is in Slovak only. But then, this is the only language you can expect the slovak cops to speak anyway.
If they didn't give you a receipt, it is clear, they kept the money. Also, you said you don't look "European" at all. Well, if your roots are reaching to the subcontinent, it gives the entire thing a new perspective. I wouldn't be afraid to use the R word.


Thanks for the link.. My English friends have had the same.. Also when my wife who is slovak was with a colleague who was stopped the police asked them how much they had on them and took the amount offered..
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:07 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
In the UK, the rule of thumb is 10% plus 3.

So in theory you should get away with 80mph on a motorway etc.

But you could get done.


Hadec3 cameras all along the m1 and m25.. 3 points and £100 or a speed awareness course if you haven't done one in the previous 3 years
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:11 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
This happened on I-10 in rural Texas somewhere between El Paso & San Antonio. I was going 88 and the speed limit was 80. It was during the day, the weather was clear, and there was no construction around. I did not do anything to piss the cop off, and in fact the total dialogue was very minimal. He made me get out and stand behind the car the entire time which I thought was strange. Up until yesterday I hadn't even gotten pulled over once before in the 13+ years I've had my driver's license. I know that cops can give you a ticket even if you're going 1 MPH over but how often does that actually happen? This was my first time driving through Texas, so I don't know about you but a ticket right off the bat for 8 MPH over seems harsh to me. It doesn't say how much it costs, only that I have to get in contact with a judge.


I think it depends on the actual speed limit. 80 MPH is a pretty high speed limit. I stick with 5 over on cruise control for good measure unless its 80 then I stay put. 88 is hauling butt. What kind of car? Our Burbinator would feel like it was going to float off into the ether in a turn. :shock:

fr8mech wrote:
I routinely go 10 over the limit on any road up to 70 MPH, then I dial it back to 5-7 over, depending on what the flow is.

The way I see it, the faster you go, the greater potential for severe injury should even a minor…are there really any minor wrecks at that speed…wreck occur.

The Officer may have the same view…the speed limit is 80…is 88 really necessary?


This. Blow a tire above 80 and you're probably dead. Even over 75 it can get ugly fast.
 
noviorbis77
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:40 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
In the UK, the rule of thumb is 10% plus 3.

So in theory you should get away with 80mph on a motorway etc.

But you could get done.


Hadec3 cameras all along the m1 and m25.. 3 points and £100 or a speed awareness course if you haven't done one in the previous 3 years


They don’t go off though if you are doing 73mph
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:59 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:


Hadec3 cameras all along the m1 and m25.. 3 points and £100 or a speed awareness course if you haven't done one in the previous 3 years


They don’t go off though if you are doing 73mph


No it wouldn't unless there was a variable speed limit in force

Interesting confused.com asked the various police forces:

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/dr ... tolerances

seems a lot of them use 10% + 2 mph
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:16 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
Thanks for the link.. My English friends have had the same.. Also when my wife who is slovak was with a colleague who was stopped the police asked them how much they had on them and took the amount offered..


Well, you know, you have to play it by ear. If you know for sure that you didn't commit any violation, ask for a proof. If you know there is a problem, well, there is not too much one can do. It will cost you. However Slovakia doesn't have a point system and one cannot lose his license for speeding.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:27 pm

DL717 wrote:
This. Blow a tire above 80 and you're probably dead. Even over 75 it can get ugly fast.


Nonsense. It would be acceptable if you'd write: Blow a tire above 80 and panic, you're probably dead. Keep calm, react properly and your chances to save the day are very high. Not to mention that tubeless passenger car tyres don't really blow.
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:45 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
DL717 wrote:
This. Blow a tire above 80 and you're probably dead. Even over 75 it can get ugly fast.


Nonsense. It would be acceptable if you'd write: Blow a tire above 80 and panic, you're probably dead. Keep calm, react properly and your chances to save the day are very high. Not to mention that tubeless passenger car tyres don't really blow.


Yeah they deflate fairly rapidly but tend to stay on the rim.. I had this happen at 130kph on the motorway.. Started pulling to the right but as you said don't panic. Luckily it was right rear.so had both steering tyres fine and the road was dry.. The burning smell wasn't very nice
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:55 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
DL717 wrote:
This. Blow a tire above 80 and you're probably dead. Even over 75 it can get ugly fast.


Nonsense. It would be acceptable if you'd write: Blow a tire above 80 and panic, you're probably dead. Keep calm, react properly and your chances to save the day are very high. Not to mention that tubeless passenger car tyres don't really blow.


Yeah they deflate fairly rapidly but tend to stay on the rim.. I had this happen at 130kph on the motorway.. Started pulling to the right but as you said don't panic. Luckily it was right rear.so had both steering tyres fine and the road was dry.. The burning smell wasn't very nice


Same here. I drove over some FOD on the highway that cut the side wall completely. The tyre deflated immediately and the car started to pull to the side. I stopped safely and fast enough, so even the rim survived.
 
User avatar
mke717spotter
Topic Author
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:32 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:05 pm

I appreciate the input from those of you in Europe but I think the norms/practices when it comes to do this are a little different over here. Anyways I'm back home now, did the 15 hour drive from New Orleans back to Wisconsin yesterday. Interestingly enough, when I was passing through Memphis the speed limit was only 55 MPH but almost all off the traffic was moving at a speed near 80.

NIKV69 wrote:
I have driven every Interstate in TX and yes that is harsh. I got pulled over twice, for same thing but they were looking for drugs and to Sebs point NY plates always catches their attention. I was nice both times and no ticket was issued. I think once I had pop the trunk for a quick look.

There were also two other occasions during the trip where I got stopped at border patrol checkpoints because they wanted to know if I'm a US citizen. Not sure if that's a normal occurrence.

dtw2hyd wrote:
Is the ticket for 8 miles over or something less?

Officially it says the violation is "Speeding - 10% or more above the posted speed." It also has my "alleged" speed of 88 on there. Like I mentioned before, it says I have a month to call the judge and it doesn't say anything about what the fine costs. If I'm going to get a lawyer involved does anyone know if I should do that before calling in? I'm not sure if I'd just have my options laid out for me at that point or if that's going to function as my day in court where everything has to be hashed out then and there.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:01 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
Officially it says the violation is "Speeding - 10% or more above the posted speed." It also has my "alleged" speed of 88 on there. Like I mentioned before, it says I have a month to call the judge and it doesn't say anything about what the fine costs. If I'm going to get a lawyer involved does anyone know if I should do that before calling in? I'm not sure if I'd just have my options laid out for me at that point or if that's going to function as my day in court where everything has to be hashed out then and there.


Some drivers are very lucky in dealing with tickets, online defensive driving course, just fine no points to convert into a parking ticket, YMMV but do your research.

Watch your insurance premium and switch in two years or so if they start jacking up premiums.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
Also, I don't understand that fear of speed difference between cars and trucks. Many trucks in Europe are governed at 90km/h, yet the speed limit in many countries is 130km/h and the police is usually willing to tolerate extra 10. That's a 40km/h (25mph) or 50km/h (31mph) difference and the world is not ending.

Truck driver here, and I've had a few incidents because of the speed difference. In California, cars can be going 70 miles an hour, whereas trucks can only do 55 miles an hour. I've had it happen where I go across a bridge and a truck appears in my view on an entrance ramp doing maybe about 30 miles an hour up the hill. I put my turn signal to try to get over, but with all the cars doing 75+ miles an hour, not one person will let me over. I now must slam the brakes, so I don't go smashing into the other truck because for some reason, these ramps don't have acceleration lanes, so the other truck ends up merging at 30 miles an hour when I'm already doing 55. Also had one many years ago where I was in Indiana doing the truck speed limit of 65 (and our trucks are also governed at 65, so I couldn't go any faster even if I wanted to), and the first indication of a construction zone was a sign saying the right lane would be closed in half a mile. I put my turn signal on, but because everybody else is going faster than me, nobody would let me over. Eventually, it reached the point where I was only doing 15 miles an hour because a construction truck was parked in the right lane, and I didn't have a choice. Somebody finally slowed down to let me over, but the fifth or sixth car wasn't paying attention and ended up in the ditch in order to avoid smashing into the car in front of them that was now stopped. There wasn't any traffic before, but because of that, now there was. The other issue is terrain. If the speed limit is 80, but all the cars are doing 90, sometimes a hill might be steep enough that a truck might only be doing 20-25 miles an hour. All of a sudden, you're talking about a 70 mile an hour speed difference.
Zeppi wrote:
Here trucks are limited to 80km/h, yet we drive past them at up to 300km/h, it actually seems like they are parked then.
And no, this is not dangerous because there are things (almost) everyone sticks to very strictly: Lane discipline, safety distances, mutually taking care of each other. It does show in road death numbers per capita too: https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cau ... y-country/

I have driven in the US a lot in multiple states too and must say that I find it a lot more stressful to drive at 70MPH in the US than driving 200MPH on the autobahn. In the US the roads are mostly in a dire condition and everyone is just randomly going all over the place, the principle of lane discipline doesn't even exist.

This is the other problem. I've had it happen where I'm in the right lane, I see somebody trying to merge onto the highway, so I get into the left lane. Then they decide instead of letting me back over to the right lane, they speed past me. The car behind me gets impatient, so goes into the right lane to pass me, next thing I know, 12 cars are passing me before giving me a chance to get back into the right lane.
dtw2hyd wrote:
If you strictly follow legal speed limit you actually block the traffic flow, bunch of drivers have to change lanes.

Please tell my company and the DOT that, because that definitely won't fly with them. Our trucks are governed at 65, so in some states, I can't even drive at the speed limit even if I wanted to.
mke717spotter wrote:
There were also two other occasions during the trip where I got stopped at border patrol checkpoints because they wanted to know if I'm a US citizen. Not sure if that's a normal occurrence.

I know there's a checkpoint somewhere on I-8 or I-10 where they do this.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Quite a few checkpoints on roads bordering the Mexican border, I’ve seen them around Sierra Vista, Nogales and Tombstone. Also, seen impromptu stops just south of the Canadian border.

WRT 65 governors, tell that to the cattle haulers, I’ve been passed by them doing 80.
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12662
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:51 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
Interestingly enough, when I was passing through Memphis the speed limit was only 55 MPH but almost all off the traffic was moving at a speed near 80.


More support for my experience:

Speed Limit - Fast Lane Traffic Speed
55 - 80
65 - 80-85
75 - 80-85
80 - 80-85


I should have mentioned that I also stuck to this when I was driving cross-country (though I tended to go a bit slower, simply because I didn't know the conventions in various states).

Long story short: higher speed limits don't seem to correlate to higher traffic speeds. Just limit yourself to 80-85 max.
 
User avatar
AirKevin
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:37 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
WRT 65 governors, tell that to the cattle haulers, I’ve been passed by them doing 80.

So have I. Each company is different, so they might not be governed at all. I know most owner-operators aren't governed, either. Some companies govern their trucks at 62, others at 68. This varies between companies.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Yes, the old days, when the “Monfort Lane” was the left lane and you better get out their way. They must have done Greeley to NY in 25 hours. And that was in the ‘70s.
 
Woodreau
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:27 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
This happened on I-10 in rural Texas somewhere between El Paso & San Antonio. I was going 88 and the speed limit was 80. It was during the day, the weather was clear, and there was no construction around. I did not do anything to piss the cop off, and in fact the total dialogue was very minimal. He made me get out and stand behind the car the entire time which I thought was strange. Up until yesterday I hadn't even gotten pulled over once before in the 13+ years I've had my driver's license. I know that cops can give you a ticket even if you're going 1 MPH over but how often does that actually happen? This was my first time driving through Texas, so I don't know about you but a ticket right off the bat for 8 MPH over seems harsh to me. It doesn't say how much it costs, only that I have to get in contact with a judge.


The fine for speeding increases significantly at 10% over the speed limit in Texas. There should be a separate checkbox for whether your speed was 10% over. The jurisdiction where you were issued your ticket sets the fine for speeding so that s why you have to contact the judge.

You get three options to plead: , guilty, Nolo contendere, not guilty. Guilty, nolo condendere you’ll have to pay fine. Not guilty means you’ll have to go to traffic court to plead your case. You might get the option for deferred adjudication. If you meet certain conditions, you can defer sentencing and do a driver education course, and basically have the judge expunge the citation from your record, and not have the ticket on your driver record. No fine…. Can only use once in a 12 month rolling window.

ltbewr wrote:
80 MPH (128 Kmh) is the highest posted speed limits in the USA. It was likely set as most drivers were already going at that speed anyway. Then there is that if the speed limit is 80 MPH, then many are likely going 90 MPH putting many at risk of an accident. Many drivers are not really safe driving even at 60 MPH, not to say at 80 MPH, their cars may have cheap, worn or bad tires that can't take the heat, cars in poor condition and I am quite sure the cops have seen too many high speed crashes they had to deal with so may be more willing to give out tickets even for 8 MPH over. Then you have many trucks that have speed governed at 65 or so for fuel savings and safety, the difference in speeds (15 MPH) is a huge difference that is made worse by going well over 80.


85 is the fastest posted speed limit in Texas on the Texas 130 loop around Austin.
So people routinely pass me as I drive in the right lane at the speed limit. (And I also pass a few people who are driving in the left lane while I am driving in the right lane at the 85mph speed limit as well).

I usually drive 5 over, i.e set the cruise to 80 when the speed limit is 75. But when the limit is 80 or 85, my car is 15 years old, so it’s barely able to do 86. So I just set the cruise to 85 on the 130 loop or 80 when the speed limit is 80.
 
Woodreau
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:37 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
Officially it says the violation is "Speeding - 10% or more above the posted speed." It also has my "alleged" speed of 88 on there. Like I mentioned before, it says I have a month to call the judge and it doesn't say anything about what the fine costs. If I'm going to get a lawyer involved does anyone know if I should do that before calling in? I'm not sure if I'd just have my options laid out for me at that point or if that's going to function as my day in court where everything has to be hashed out then and there.


On the ticket there should be a jurisdiction of the judge. You can go to the website of the jurisdiction and search for something for the traffic court. That website for the traffic court should explain your options and provide the fine schedule.

The date on your citation is a “appear before or on date” so the date is the last date you can contact the judge/court. You can contact the judge early but not later than the date ln your citation.

At least that’s how it works for Texas.

As I mentioned earlier, the fine for speeding goes up significantly if you’re 10% above the speed limit, or in a construction zone, or in a school zone. So any one of the special check boxes triggers a higher fine.

Edit: Here is an example of for different court jurisdictions for traffic citations…. You need to find the one that applies for your citation
https://www.jerseyvillagetx.com/page/mc ... ance_pleas
https://www.lampasas.org/DocumentCenter ... res?bidId=
https://www.woodwaytexas.gov/municipal-court-of-record/
 
johns624
Posts: 4045
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 pm

I set my cruise control at 3-5mph over the limit on the highway. I find it much more relaxing to not have to be on the lookout for cop cars all the time. I just sit back and relax and get to my destination a little later, but much less stressed.
 
User avatar
mke717spotter
Topic Author
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:32 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Woodreau wrote:
On the ticket there should be a jurisdiction of the judge. You can go to the website of the jurisdiction and search for something for the traffic court. That website for the traffic court should explain your options and provide the fine schedule.

The date on your citation is a “appear before or on date” so the date is the last date you can contact the judge/court. You can contact the judge early but not later than the date ln your citation.

Update: Initially I tried to find a lawyer to help me take care of this but I got nowhere. I searched the State Bar of Texas website and there are no traffic ticket lawyers in Hudspeth County, and anyone else I called was unwilling to take a case in that county. On the ticket it had the phone number that I was supposed to call. I had been calling it for the past week and every single time I got the busy tone and was unable to get through to anyone. I finally called around today and got through to the clerk and she said I'm not eligible to dismiss the ticket by taking a defensive driving course because I'm not from Texas. She said I have the option to pay $30 extra (for a grand total of $263) at which point I will be put on probation for 30 days and then after that the ticket gets dismissed and I don't get any points on my driving record. I'm assuming this means my insurance won't be affected either? When you add all this up (ticket for only 8 over, impossible to find a lawyer, can't take the defensive driving course) it just seems like a money grab and that they were picking on me because I'm from out of state.
 
johns624
Posts: 4045
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:23 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
When you add all this up (ticket for only 8 over, impossible to find a lawyer, can't take the defensive driving course) it just seems like a money grab and that they were picking on me because I'm from out of state.
Did they make you go 8mph over the already high speed limit, too?
 
Woodreau
Posts: 2151
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Well. It is what it is…

Pay the fine or fight it if you want.

I got caught doing 120 in a 50 by a cop that was on foot. He just stepped out onto the road in front of me and held his hand up to “stop”. Yeah right. I had to swerve to drive around him to avoid hitting him. But I came to a stop on the shoulder. He runs the 2 blocks from his spot along the road up to my car and makes me back up 2 blocks to where he was standing when I swerved around him and issues me the citation at that spot.

That was a $180 fine. I didn’t know exactly what was going to happen when I got pulled over so I was quite happy that $180 was the extent of my punishment. It could have turned out much worse. I was expecting incarceration for a little bit and fees to have my vehicle impounded etc. so I got off light as far as I am concerned.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12581
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Woodreau wrote:
Well. It is what it is…

Pay the fine or fight it if you want.

I got caught doing 120 in a 50 by a cop that was on foot. He just stepped out onto the road in front of me and held his hand up to “stop”. Yeah right. I had to swerve to drive around him to avoid hitting him. But I came to a stop on the shoulder. He runs the 2 blocks from his spot along the road up to my car and makes me back up 2 blocks to where he was standing when I swerved around him and issues me the citation at that spot.

That was a $180 fine. I didn’t know exactly what was going to happen when I got pulled over so I was quite happy that $180 was the extent of my punishment. It could have turned out much worse. I was expecting incarceration for a little bit and fees to have my vehicle impounded etc. so I got off light as far as I am concerned.


Doing 70mph over the limit and only got a fine of 180USD? Wow, in the Netherlands your license would have been revoked at 50km/h over the limit (at least 6 weeks and a public prosecutor might give it back with a settlement if you haven't got any priors of excessive speeding, or you can try your luck with the judge, I guess a fine of at least 700euro's or even more). Revoking a license is mandatory, no decision for the individual cop. And over twice the limit, the car will be impounded, even if it isn't your car. So yeah, don't do this in the Netherlands (or anywhere else in western Europe I guess).

Still, quite a brave cop to walk into a street with a car doing almost 200km/h.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Woodreau wrote:
Well. It is what it is…

Pay the fine or fight it if you want.

I got caught doing 120 in a 50 by a cop that was on foot. He just stepped out onto the road in front of me and held his hand up to “stop”. Yeah right. I had to swerve to drive around him to avoid hitting him. But I came to a stop on the shoulder. He runs the 2 blocks from his spot along the road up to my car and makes me back up 2 blocks to where he was standing when I swerved around him and issues me the citation at that spot.

That was a $180 fine. I didn’t know exactly what was going to happen when I got pulled over so I was quite happy that $180 was the extent of my punishment. It could have turned out much worse. I was expecting incarceration for a little bit and fees to have my vehicle impounded etc. so I got off light as far as I am concerned.


Doing 70mph over the limit and only got a fine of 180USD? Wow, in the Netherlands your license would have been revoked at 50km/h over the limit (at least 6 weeks and a public prosecutor might give it back with a settlement if you haven't got any priors of excessive speeding, or you can try your luck with the judge, I guess a fine of at least 700euro's or even more). Revoking a license is mandatory, no decision for the individual cop. And over twice the limit, the car will be impounded, even if it isn't your car. So yeah, don't do this in the Netherlands (or anywhere else in western Europe I guess).

Still, quite a brave cop to walk into a street with a car doing almost 200km/h.


Don't do it in the Canadian province of Ontario either. 50km/h over the limit (40 km/h in urban areas) now leads to 30 day roadside license suspension and 30 day roadside vehicle impoundment. Then it is up to the judge. The maximum fine is 10k CAD.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:05 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
...She said I have the option to pay $30 extra (for a grand total of $263) at which point I will be put on probation for 30 days and then after that the ticket gets dismissed and I don't get any points on my driving record. I'm assuming this means my insurance won't be affected either?


Pay the $263 and keep an eye on insurance renewal. First hint of them jacking up the premium, dump them. Insurance companies still have access to the history with or without points, they would be glad to milk for years to come unless you put an end to it. With long clean history you wouldn't have difficulty finding a new insurer.
 
Ken777
Posts: 10194
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:32 am

If you think that 8 over is "harsh" give it a try in a school zone!

personally believe that states are loosing a ton of money by not using speed cameras lie they do in Australia. I was sure careful in my days there and it sort of carriers over here in Oklahoma. (Oklahoma has a problem with speed cameras as you only get one license plate to put on your car - that costs the state billions!.)

Another issue are the drivers who KNOW they can safely get through that yellow light and normally they can't. Red light cameras are a blessing for taming the beast, especially for commuter freaks. It saves time as you don't stop - you just get your ticket in the mail and an included picture of the "crime'".
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm

Ken777 wrote:
If you think that 8 over is "harsh" give it a try in a school zone!

personally believe that states are loosing a ton of money by not using speed cameras lie they do in Australia. I was sure careful in my days there and it sort of carriers over here in Oklahoma. (Oklahoma has a problem with speed cameras as you only get one license plate to put on your car - that costs the state billions!.)

Another issue are the drivers who KNOW they can safely get through that yellow light and normally they can't. Red light cameras are a blessing for taming the beast, especially for commuter freaks. It saves time as you don't stop - you just get your ticket in the mail and an included picture of the "crime'".


So, cameras are a revenue program then. Finally, admitting traffic enforcements lines the pols’ pockets—priceless. I’d agree with cameras at lights if they then didn’t change the timing to increase violations.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ets-safer/
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12581
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:17 am

Ken777 wrote:
personally believe that states are loosing a ton of money by not using speed cameras lie they do in Australia.


I thought the whole point of speed cameras was that people are more incentive to observe the speed limit. And by observing the speed limit, the number of accidents will decrease and thus road safety is improved.

Traffic rules will increase safety and thus freedom.
 
Zeppi
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:23 pm

AirKevin wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
This is the other problem. I've had it happen where I'm in the right lane, I see somebody trying to merge onto the highway, so I get into the left lane. Then they decide instead of letting me back over to the right lane, they speed past me. The car behind me gets impatient, so goes into the right lane to pass me, next thing I know, 12 cars are passing me before giving me a chance to get back into the right lane.


Yeah that's just totally daft.
Here it's a kind of courtesy, not a rule, to make room for joining traffic if there is space in the other lanes, no matter what vehicle is joining.
And another thing I've noticed in recent years is that younger drivers are driving a lot more considerate towards everyone else. It used to be "I'm in the left lane so get the f***k out of my way, and guys on the right don't even dream about moving over!". But now everyone seems to be observing traffic around them a lot better, even while going crazy fast by non-german standards. I've even had it happen a few times recently that while stuck behind a slower vehicle in the middle lane waiting for a gap, someone quicker in the left lane would slow down a little and flash their headlights, telling me to come over. I've started doing the same when I notice fast cars stuck behind something slow, it's a nice touch.
 
User avatar
mke717spotter
Topic Author
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:32 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Ken777 wrote:
If you think that 8 over is "harsh" give it a try in a school zone!

To repeat: this did not occur in a school zone, or a construction area, and the weather was not hazardous. I've pretty much never heard of anyone getting ticketed for going less than 10 MPH over the speed limit, so yes I do think its harsh and several other people agree with me.

Come to think of it I did have a cannabis-infused soda that I had bought in Denver stashed away in the seat pocket so I'm guessing I would've been in hot water if he had decided to search my car and found that. Then again I assume he can't just search my car for no reason.
 
johns624
Posts: 4045
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:40 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
If you think that 8 over is "harsh" give it a try in a school zone!

To repeat: this did not occur in a school zone, or a construction area, and the weather was not hazardous. I've pretty much never heard of anyone getting ticketed for going less than 10 MPH over the speed limit, so yes I do think its harsh and several other people agree with me.

Come to think of it I did have a cannabis-infused soda that I had bought in Denver stashed away in the seat pocket so I'm guessing I would've been in hot water if he had decided to search my car and found that. Then again I assume he can't just search my car for no reason.
You broke the law and you were "chosen" to suffer the consequences. Put on your big boy pants and take it like a man.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Zeppi wrote:
AirKevin wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
This is the other problem. I've had it happen where I'm in the right lane, I see somebody trying to merge onto the highway, so I get into the left lane. Then they decide instead of letting me back over to the right lane, they speed past me. The car behind me gets impatient, so goes into the right lane to pass me, next thing I know, 12 cars are passing me before giving me a chance to get back into the right lane.


Yeah that's just totally daft.
Here it's a kind of courtesy, not a rule, to make room for joining traffic if there is space in the other lanes, no matter what vehicle is joining.
And another thing I've noticed in recent years is that younger drivers are driving a lot more considerate towards everyone else. It used to be "I'm in the left lane so get the f***k out of my way, and guys on the right don't even dream about moving over!". But now everyone seems to be observing traffic around them a lot better, even while going crazy fast by non-german standards. I've even had it happen a few times recently that while stuck behind a slower vehicle in the middle lane waiting for a gap, someone quicker in the left lane would slow down a little and flash their headlights, telling me to come over. I've started doing the same when I notice fast cars stuck behind something slow, it's a nice touch.


Flashing lights is standard practice to deal with left land bandits who refuse to follow land discipline—pass on the left, travel on the middle or right lanes. Drivers in the Northeast aren’t courteous in the least. I rented a car in Tel Aviv. They asked me if I knew about local driving. “I drive in Boston and NY.” “Here’s the keys”. Indeed, it was surprisingly similar.
 
Ken777
Posts: 10194
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:02 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
So, cameras are a revenue program then. Finally, admitting traffic enforcements lines the pols’ pockets—priceless. I’d agree with cameras at lights if they then didn’t change the timing to increase violations.


Politicians are either reasonable bright or easily bribed, which is why they are in office. Most understand that motorists are not going to be happy with speed or stop light controls and there is therefore a need t have programs that pretty well pay for themselves. (Manye that is why the Okie Pols run from automatic monioring.) If there is a profit the police unions are going to be right there to get additional benefits.

I have been a pretty good boy when driving under automatic monitoring so I believe that they do increase safety. Especially when you get caught you get points added to your license and that can eventually mean you loose your license. Gonna hurt on insurance costs as well if they are closely monitoring lost licenses.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:30 am

How ‘bout we have cops enforce the law the old fashioned way—observe behavior, have probable cause to stop and arrest the offender?
 
Kent350787
Posts: 2030
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:08 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
How ‘bout we have cops enforce the law the old fashioned way—observe behavior, have probable cause to stop and arrest the offender?


I am 100% behind red light cameras as an absolutely clear safety measure. But otherwise I support visible policing - hidden cameras have limited observable impact on driver behaviour.
 
User avatar
WesternDC6B
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:50 am

seb146 wrote:
What license plates are on your car? From what state? Yes, there are cops out here who will be more harsh to vehicles licensed to California.


A variation on that theme: if the plate on your car is from the same state as where the ticket is issued, does your state have county identifiers on the plates? Some states, it is the a charter string. Example: Alabama: the first one or two digits before the letters is the county identifier. 58 is Shelby County, etc. Other states, like Tennessee, the identifier is a sticker. Where I live, the plates have CARTER on them, just down the road is UNICOI, etc. When revenue is the goal rather than concern for public safety, the revenuers might see a local county plate on a car going 6 over, and one with a county 400 miles away going 3 over. 3 over gets bagged as they are least likely to take the ticket to court. They will just pay it. Revenue goal achieved.

I have avoided county identifiers, because here in TN, if you have an amateur radio callsign plate, or any of the MANY affinity plates, there are no county identifiers. My daily driver has a callsign plate, and my "Sunday car" has an Arts Council affinity plate. I support the arts, I have an interesting plate, and, no county identifier.

I jus generally go with the flow of traffic and things are fine. If the weather turns nasty or there are other combinations of conditions and my slower reflexes (I'm 72) dictate it, I will be in the slow lane and going a more sensible speed. Not crawling, but sensible. The one exception is construction zones. I see people FLYING through construction zones; I won't do that. Period.
 
USAirKid
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:23 am

Ya know, given that this is Airliners.net, I'm surprised no one has made an analogy back to aviation and air traffic control.

Pilots don't get to do whatever they want in the air, they have to follow the sectional charts and ATC instructions, or they might have an uncomfortable call with the FAA or Chief Pilot, or they might lose their ability to legally pilot an airplane.

Speed limits are primarily safety regulation, sadly they've also become revenue generators.

Traffic is safest when everyone is going approximately the same speed. There are times when physical limits, such as trucks going up hills, that make following the prevailing speed impossible. The question is outside of that, how is the prevailing speed determined? One way is everyone could go the speed limit, then the only difference in speeds would be the tolerances of their speedometers. The other way seems to be everyone just tries to go slightly faster than the people around them, which leads to ever increasing speeds until they meet slower traffic in front of them, this is fundamentally unsafe.

Thing is, if we really cared about safety we'd split speed limit enforcement into its own division enforced by automated means, and the division would aim to be run at a breakeven basis. Fines would be scaled to the value of the car or to the income of the driver.
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12662
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:06 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
I've pretty much never heard of anyone getting ticketed for going less than 10 MPH over the speed limit, so yes I do think its harsh and several other people agree with me.


Again, the speed limit makes a difference.

In my experience, people don't go 90 in 80mph zones.

Just keep it to 85 and you'll be fine. Lesson learned.

Yes, ticket for 10 over is harsh, in a 50 or 60mph zone. Still a bit harsh in a 70mph zone. But in an 80mph zone, I would expect to get pulled over.
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 5724
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:43 pm

8mph have even exceeded the minimal class of speeding offense in some area, going into a higher level
 
kelval
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Well, I'd say consider yourself lucky to live in the US.
In France, if you get caught by automated control, the tolerance is 5km/h over the limit wich is roughly 3mph.
If you get caught by a physical policeman (police bike for example), the tolerance is 10km/h / 6mph.
 
cpd
Posts: 6802
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm

c933103 wrote:
8mph have even exceeded the minimal class of speeding offense in some area, going into a higher level


That’s true. Here you’d get in a lot of trouble for it. 8mph is what, 15km/h?
 
User avatar
c933103
Posts: 5724
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:24 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
If you think that 8 over is "harsh" give it a try in a school zone!

personally believe that states are loosing a ton of money by not using speed cameras lie they do in Australia. I was sure careful in my days there and it sort of carriers over here in Oklahoma. (Oklahoma has a problem with speed cameras as you only get one license plate to put on your car - that costs the state billions!.)

Another issue are the drivers who KNOW they can safely get through that yellow light and normally they can't. Red light cameras are a blessing for taming the beast, especially for commuter freaks. It saves time as you don't stop - you just get your ticket in the mail and an included picture of the "crime'".


So, cameras are a revenue program then. Finally, admitting traffic enforcements lines the pols’ pockets—priceless. I’d agree with cameras at lights if they then didn’t change the timing to increase violations.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ets-safer/

Wouldn't it depends on how your country's regulations are formatted? They could either be integrated as part of the local government general budget or be spent to compensate area where drivers overspeeded
 
TheSonntag
Posts: 4538
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:23 pm

Re: Is a speeding ticket for going 8 MPH over harsh?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:53 pm

In germany, we usually ticket people when the speed is 10kph above the limit. 8mph are above that, so I would not consider it harsh by German standards.

Of course, 80mph is rediculously slow, but unfortunately, this might change way too soon here, too.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1337Delta764, WidebodyPTV and 33 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos