Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

UAUA
Topic Author

When will Chile/Japan fully reopen?

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:18 pm

I shall be going on a cruise from Santiago on Diamond Princess. And I shall cruise around Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Mexico and get off in Los Angeles. Then I shall go to San Francisco, Honolulu, Tokyo. March- May 2022.

Hope I will be fine. When will Chile/Japan fully reopen?

STT757

Re: When will Chile/Japan fully reopen?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:38 pm

I think you will be fine, but I would splurge on the travel insurance.

UAUA
Topic Author

Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:52 am

Hope it will be a 100% quarantine free trip

c933103

Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Japan is still banning business travellers and non-national residents from entering the country. Not to mention leisure travellers. (Not quarantine requirement, but straight up refuse and turn away)

UAUA
Topic Author

Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:49 pm

Wonder if everything will be normal by March/April 2022

CitizenJustin

Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:43 pm

UAUA wrote:
Wonder if everything will be normal by March/April 2022

It seems like whenever we’re about to reach some form of normalcy another outbreak emerges which shuts everything back down. Now it’s the Delta variant.

Elgorou

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:39 am

UAUA wrote:
I shall be going on a cruise from Santiago on Diamond Princess. And I shall cruise around Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Mexico and get off in Los Angeles. Then I shall go to San Francisco, Honolulu, Tokyo. March- May 2022.

Hope I will be fine. When will Chile/Japan fully reopen?

Here from Chile, borders are expected to open only for vaccinated in august, but nothing official by the moment. Its hard speculate for next march, depend on world sitaution about covid, plus for march 2022, a new government takes power and nothing is cleary who is goin to win the elections in november, but that new goverment can change the border situation.

cskok8

Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:26 am

Make sure your travel insurance covers Covid treatment

UAUA
Topic Author

Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:49 pm

I shall be fully vaccinated with Pfizer Biontech by then

cskok8 wrote:
Make sure your travel insurance covers Covid treatment

Sure.Thanks

acavpics

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 pm

I can't understand why Japan is struggling with vaccinations. It is a small, developed, highly educated country. Yet it is still struggling with major COVID outbreaks, as indicated uncertainty of the Olympics.

c933103

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:35 pm

acavpics wrote:
I can't understand why Japan is struggling with vaccinations. It is a small, developed, highly educated country. Yet it is still struggling with major COVID outbreaks, as indicated uncertainty of the Olympics.

Foreign vaccine makers prioritize supply to their home country/continent, and Japanese government's failure to provide sufficient financial support to their local vaccine R&D programs resulting in their still unavailability
After getting vaccine supply, Japan's vaccination rate have been steadily increading, with 70 Million dose administered by now for rhe country's 120 Million population, but is still not enough (Although there are currently 0 non-micro country in the world that can claim to be sufficiently vaccinated)

FlyEndeavorAir

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:10 am

They are probably closed for good. Unfortunately we are living in the era of history where countries are going back to relative isolation.

Aaron747

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 am

FlyEndeavorAir wrote:
They are probably closed for good. Unfortunately we are living in the era of history where countries are going back to relative isolation.

This statement has absolutely no bearing of reality.

Aaron747

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:39 am

acavpics wrote:

'Highly educated' is one problem with your statement, but we don't have to get into that here.

Japan did not secure enough supply and the health ministry was torn for months between conflicting advice from experts on distribution and ruling-party priorities for Olympic preparation and keeping restaurants open. Planning in Japan requires consensus from stakeholders and if there are any disagreements the process can be quite drawn-out. I am not surprised at all.

Pi7472000

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:32 pm

2022 seems way too early for reopening International travel with the highly contagious Delta variant. Japan and Chile will likely stay closed to International travel in 2022. We are seeing strict regulations coming back. The world will reopen to movement someday, but 2022 seems way to early with the ongoing pandemic that is getting worse under variants again. We need a highly vaccinated world and vaccine passport to reopen. I could see Chile reopening before Japan.

KFTG

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:55 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
It seems like whenever we’re about to reach some form of normalcy another outbreak emerges which shuts everything back down. Now it’s the Delta variant.

Cases are irrelevant. COVID is endemic.