Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
NYCVIE
Topic Author
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:31 pm

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo has resigned amidst his sexual misconduct scandal. He just announced this live in a press conference and the resignation will become effective August 24, when Kathy Hochul will become the first female Governor of NY.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... s-n1260310

I know there's a thread about the AG Report but I think given this is a seismic shift in NY politics with ramifications for the Democratic Party and in national politics it deserves it's own thread to discuss.
 
extender
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Best thing he could have done.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Finally...
Good riddance.
Politicians, especially at that level, are a necessary nuisance. They should be given no leeway nor excuses for misbehavior and should be subject to the highest scrutiny. There's a lot of qualified people that can do their job and there's no reason to keep the ones with doubtful moral values.
 
Okie
Posts: 4254
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:55 pm

de Blasio seems to be happy.
I guess he can now watch the Teletubbies without Cuomo interrupting with another televised press conference patting himself on the back for resolving another self ignited dumpster fire. :sarcastic:

Okie
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14425
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:11 pm

NYCVIE wrote:

I know there's a thread about the AG Report but I think given this is a seismic shift in NY politics with ramifications for the Democratic Party and in national politics it deserves it's own thread to discuss.


What are the Ramifications? She is basically the same as Cuomo when it comes to the economy now we get the same thing without all the bravado and feeling up employees. I think she will do fine.
 
NYCVIE
Topic Author
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:

I know there's a thread about the AG Report but I think given this is a seismic shift in NY politics with ramifications for the Democratic Party and in national politics it deserves it's own thread to discuss.


What are the Ramifications? She is basically the same as Cuomo when it comes to the economy now we get the same thing without all the bravado and feeling up employees. I think she will do fine.


I'm talking about the ramifications of Cuomo resigning, not of Hochul taking the helm. You have Cuomo out and Newsom facing a real challenge in California and you also have allegations of misconduct against DeSantis so I'm wondering if more energy gets devoted to that (holding a Governor accountable) in the wake of Cuomo's downfall. Of course, Cuomo hasn't been held accountable for his own allegations on Covid misconduct and remains to be seen if he really gets held accountable for the sexual misconduct past him stepping down.
 
Elkadad313
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:55 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Yes, he harassed 11 women sexually, but he gave 15,000 helpless elderly the kiss of death -- they are the real victims.

One would like to think he resigned because it was the right thing to do. But he did so to collect his pension, because if impeached he would have been ineligible.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2888
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Any idea what kind of governor Kathy Hochul will be? Or does that discussion deserve its own thread?
 
leader1
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Any idea what kind of governor Kathy Hochul will be? Or does that discussion deserve its own thread?


She's from a conservative part of Upstate NY. She ran for Chris Collins' congressional seat seat, but lost. She's generally pretty moderate and has a reputation of being a consensus-builder. She'll be competent, without the baggage or bravado that Cuomo had.
 
User avatar
WingsFan
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:44 pm

leader1 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Any idea what kind of governor Kathy Hochul will be? Or does that discussion deserve its own thread?


She's from a conservative part of Upstate NY. She ran for Chris Collins' congressional seat seat, but lost. She's generally pretty moderate and has a reputation of being a consensus-builder. She'll be competent, without the baggage or bravado that Cuomo had.


She certainly is very competent , but she will need to choose her hometown moderate/conservative crowd or downstate liberal electorate if she wants to get elected next year. Her hometown conservative talk radios have already started badmouthing her for being a sellout for promoting Cuomo agenda. She will most certainly face liberal challengers from NYC in a primary.
 
wingman
Posts: 4170
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Elkadad313 wrote:
Yes, he harassed 11 women sexually, but he gave 15,000 helpless elderly the kiss of death -- they are the real victims.

One would like to think he resigned because it was the right thing to do. But he did so to collect his pension, because if impeached he would have been ineligible.


So if Cuomo killed 15,000 elderly who killed the other 602,000 Americans? Look, I understand Republicans turning the other cheek when Trump grabs the pooshay, that's just typical GOP two-faced double standards. But aren't you just a little bit embarrassed to lay 15,000 deaths at Cuomo's feet and at the same time ascribe zero responsibility for the rest to someone else? I seem to recall many prominent Republicans saying that COVID would pass, it was a nothing burger, chug some clorox, the elderly were 95% dead already, masks are for commies, we want our freedom fries..stuff like that. Do they not bear any responsibility whatsoever?
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8304
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:19 pm

wingman wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
Yes, he harassed 11 women sexually, but he gave 15,000 helpless elderly the kiss of death -- they are the real victims.

One would like to think he resigned because it was the right thing to do. But he did so to collect his pension, because if impeached he would have been ineligible.


So if Cuomo killed 15,000 elderly who killed the other 602,000 Americans? Look, I understand Republicans turning the other cheek when Trump grabs the pooshay, that's just typical GOP two-faced double standards. But aren't you just a little bit embarrassed to lay 15,000 deaths at Cuomo's feet and at the same time ascribe zero responsibility for the rest to someone else? I seem to recall many prominent Republicans saying that COVID would pass, it was a nothing burger, chug some clorox, the elderly were 95% dead already, masks are for commies, we want our freedom fries..stuff like that. Do they not bear any responsibility whatsoever?


Read the NYS AG’s report on COVID.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021/at ... e-covid-19
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14425
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:40 pm

NYCVIE wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
NYCVIE wrote:

I know there's a thread about the AG Report but I think given this is a seismic shift in NY politics with ramifications for the Democratic Party and in national politics it deserves it's own thread to discuss.


What are the Ramifications? She is basically the same as Cuomo when it comes to the economy now we get the same thing without all the bravado and feeling up employees. I think she will do fine.


I'm talking about the ramifications of Cuomo resigning, not of Hochul taking the helm. You have Cuomo out and Newsom facing a real challenge in California.


Both the results of bad judgement on their part. I still am a NY resident and want sane people running the state. I don't care how it looks in the national who will be the next president routine.
 
wingman
Posts: 4170
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:56 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
wingman wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
Yes, he harassed 11 women sexually, but he gave 15,000 helpless elderly the kiss of death -- they are the real victims.

One would like to think he resigned because it was the right thing to do. But he did so to collect his pension, because if impeached he would have been ineligible.


So if Cuomo killed 15,000 elderly who killed the other 602,000 Americans? Look, I understand Republicans turning the other cheek when Trump grabs the pooshay, that's just typical GOP two-faced double standards. But aren't you just a little bit embarrassed to lay 15,000 deaths at Cuomo's feet and at the same time ascribe zero responsibility for the rest to someone else? I seem to recall many prominent Republicans saying that COVID would pass, it was a nothing burger, chug some clorox, the elderly were 95% dead already, masks are for commies, we want our freedom fries..stuff like that. Do they not bear any responsibility whatsoever?


Read the NYS AG’s report on COVID.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021/at ... e-covid-19


As per the usual you have great difficulty making a point. Where in that report does the AG lay the blame for 15000 deaths at Cuomo’s feet? This was the conclusion the other poster hurt himself trying to make. Were you directing your comments at him? Seriously, it’s becoming absurdist trying to have a rational discussion with Republicans. You guys have been reveling in such mind deadening bullshit for so many years now that you just say things with zero synaptic firing between brain and mouth. I can barely decipher some posts.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8304
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:08 pm

wingman wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
wingman wrote:

So if Cuomo killed 15,000 elderly who killed the other 602,000 Americans? Look, I understand Republicans turning the other cheek when Trump grabs the pooshay, that's just typical GOP two-faced double standards. But aren't you just a little bit embarrassed to lay 15,000 deaths at Cuomo's feet and at the same time ascribe zero responsibility for the rest to someone else? I seem to recall many prominent Republicans saying that COVID would pass, it was a nothing burger, chug some clorox, the elderly were 95% dead already, masks are for commies, we want our freedom fries..stuff like that. Do they not bear any responsibility whatsoever?


Read the NYS AG’s report on COVID.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021/at ... e-covid-19


As per the usual you have great difficulty making a point. Where in that report does the AG lay the blame for 15000 deaths at Cuomo’s feet? This was the conclusion the other poster hurt himself trying to make. Were you directing your comments at him? Seriously, it’s becoming absurdist trying to have a rational discussion with Republicans. You guys have been reveling in such mind deadening bullshit for so many years now that you just say things with zero synaptic firing between brain and mouth. I can barely decipher some posts.


Then, it was Cuomo’s order to send positive elderly to LTC facilities, whic was also don’t in NY and PA. If he were a Republican, you’d claim “he’s the governor, it falls on him”. Cuomo’s order killed thousands, the order was real, the AG’s report was considered damning when issued.
 
wingman
Posts: 4170
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:58 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
wingman wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Read the NYS AG’s report on COVID.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021/at ... e-covid-19


As per the usual you have great difficulty making a point. Where in that report does the AG lay the blame for 15000 deaths at Cuomo’s feet? This was the conclusion the other poster hurt himself trying to make. Were you directing your comments at him? Seriously, it’s becoming absurdist trying to have a rational discussion with Republicans. You guys have been reveling in such mind deadening bullshit for so many years now that you just say things with zero synaptic firing between brain and mouth. I can barely decipher some posts.


Then, it was Cuomo’s order to send positive elderly to LTC facilities, whic was also don’t in NY and PA. If he were a Republican, you’d claim “he’s the governor, it falls on him”. Cuomo’s order killed thousands, the order was real, the AG’s report was considered damning when issued.


But in that very report there were explicit protocols governing the placement and treatment of elderly COVID patients which the report states clearly that many of the facilities did not follow. Are you saying that Cuomo directed the facilities to intentionally mingle the COVID and non-COVID populations in order to kill them? Did he have other options in front of him at the height of the first wave crisis that were known to be more suitable at the time and which he willfully ignored in order to carry out his mass murder scheme? Seriously GF, I can see how Republicans would be coopted into thinking that the election was stolen because outer space Jews controlled the code of Dominion's voting machines from their secret hideaway on the outskirts of Caracas. The reason I say that is because the story is so farcical to begin with that no respectable organization has ever looked into it and produced a report. Even Fox News told a judge that their news anchors were so off the rails no right-minded person would ever believe them. Unfortunately the right-minded bit automatically excluded 70M voters. But the story you're pushing here actually has an investigative report concluded that completely negates the very conclusion you're posting here. I worry about you understanding your work manuals not being able to follow that AG summary. That requires very little basic reading comprehension. The crosswind landing under enemy fire chapters must be infinitely more complex.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 15968
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:03 am

Could have spared the state and news cycle a lot of grief by doing this eight months ago. What a sleaze.
 
leader1
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:13 am

WingsFan wrote:
leader1 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Any idea what kind of governor Kathy Hochul will be? Or does that discussion deserve its own thread?


She's from a conservative part of Upstate NY. She ran for Chris Collins' congressional seat seat, but lost. She's generally pretty moderate and has a reputation of being a consensus-builder. She'll be competent, without the baggage or bravado that Cuomo had.


She certainly is very competent , but she will need to choose her hometown moderate/conservative crowd or downstate liberal electorate if she wants to get elected next year. Her hometown conservative talk radios have already started badmouthing her for being a sellout for promoting Cuomo agenda. She will most certainly face liberal challengers from NYC in a primary.


I don’t think it will come down to that. Things have shifted since Adams won the NYC Dem Mayoral Primary. He’s a conservative Democrat and he’s popular among most NYC Democrat voters…at least the ones that tend to vote in the primaries. The progressive wing had the chance to prove themselves capable of governing and they have made a mess of things, which is why Adams won. This is a turning point for the NY Democratic Party.

She probably will face liberal challengers (I think Tish James will throw her hat in the ring). Then again, she might not even choose to run. But I don’t think it is a given anymore that a liberal will win the primary.

With that being said, I thought Cuomo did a good job while he was governor. The state did well and he pushed through a lot of projects that never would have happened with someone else. Just look at LGA. When I worked at PANYNJ, there was zero motivation to improve that facility, let along build a new terminal. Absolutely none. They and even NY State leadership were happy to keep things in the shitty condition they were in. Cuomo changed all that, even if he was an ass.

Anecdotally, my friend’s wife runs a NYS agency and reports directly to Cuomo (she’s also worked for Obama and De Blasio - she’s a rising policy fiend in the Democratic Party) and she says that he can be an asshole, but she respects the fact that he gets shit done. She couldn’t say the same with Obama, even though she loved him, or De Blasio, who she detested.

I also think a lot of this was the progressive wing, who he has been at odds with since the beginning, trying to kick him out and do a hostile takeover. Look, I’m not condoning what he did and he should resign, but they’ve been trying to take his head for years, really going after him the last few. Cuomo often had to pass legislation with GOP support in the state legislature because his own party was against him. They got what they wanted, but at what cost? Hochul generally has the same positions as Cuomo without the baggage or negative sentiment.
 
af773atmsp
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 am

I'm guessing Cuomo did not admit to any wrongdoing? I figured if that happened it would've been mentioned already.
 
NYCVIE
Topic Author
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Could have spared the state and news cycle a lot of grief by doing this eight months ago. What a sleaze.


I honestly think he could have resigned last week when the report came out and just said basically what he said today and it would have at least been somewhat respectable. But in the last week for him to try to smear the womens' names and try every single method to stay in power including that dreadful slideshow was insane.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 15968
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:23 am

NYCVIE wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Could have spared the state and news cycle a lot of grief by doing this eight months ago. What a sleaze.


I honestly think he could have resigned last week when the report came out and just said basically what he said today and it would have at least been somewhat respectable. But in the last week for him to try to smear the womens' names and try every single method to stay in power including that dreadful slideshow was insane.


He knew what would be in the report when it was first taken up by the AG months ago. It was all insane. No self awareness or sense of ethics.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 15968
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:13 am

Former US Attorney from SDNY Preet Bharara is not a fan of the two-week notice Cuomo gave in his resignation:

https://twitter.com/luisferre/status/14 ... 39617?s=21
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:41 am

NYCVIE wrote:
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo has resigned amidst his sexual misconduct scandal. He just announced this live in a press conference and the resignation will become effective August 24, when Kathy Hochul will become the first female Governor of NY.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... s-n1260310

I know there's a thread about the AG Report but I think given this is a seismic shift in NY politics with ramifications for the Democratic Party and in national politics it deserves it's own thread to discuss.


Well, Cuomo is still in office, and has said he would resign in two weeks.

And interestingly, the NY Judiciary Committee specifically said they will be looking into the Nursing Home evidence over the next two weeks among many other things. There are thousands of pages to look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sICjE6SYshc
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:55 pm

The Late Show’s humorous take on Cuomo’s Resignation announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA6_VUfon2s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXNMfB7hFBQ
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 15968
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:18 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Late Show’s humorous take on Cuomo’s Resignation announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA6_VUfon2s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXNMfB7hFBQ


Colbert is the master of snark with a smile.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:40 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Late Show’s humorous take on Cuomo’s Resignation announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA6_VUfon2s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXNMfB7hFBQ


Colbert is the master of snark with a smile.


This isn't even Colbert. It's ET's montage on the Cuomosexal phenomenon, published in April of 2020:

https://youtu.be/N52yYgoAuB4
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15803
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 am

One of the interesting twists in the resignation of NY Governor Cuomo will be that the top 3 NYS officials, Governor, Lt. Governor and AG will be women, 2 of them Black Women.
Gov. Cuomo is facing too many and a pattern of allegations of improper behavior with women who worked for the State. It is compounded by other issues too. His polices in the early stages of the Covid-19 pandemic that led in part to 1,000's of unnecessary excess deaths in nursing homes. His writing a book that came out during the pandemic where believed misused State employees to create it. A certain arrogance that turned off many. Women and many others won't take this crap behavior anymore and are becoming more aggressive in dealing with it. They are tired of putting up with such offensive behaviors to keep their job, of other women willing to go along, even date powerful men to get advancement in their workplaces and now have more support to speak out. Perhaps the Pandemic will have a good side affect in breaking habits of touching people in our work places.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:06 pm

New York Governor Kathy Hochul holds a ceremonial swearing-in after former governor Andrew Cuomo resigned from the office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkUj1e1IXCo
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:33 am

Time’s Up CEO Tina Tchen resigns in wake of Cuomo scandal

https://apnews.com/article/tina-tchen-c ... f15264338a

The chief executive of the sexual harassment victims’ advocacy group Time’s Up resigned Thursday amid outrage over revelations that its leaders advised former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration after he was first accused of misconduct last year.

Text messages obtained by The Washington Post show that Tchen initially discouraged other Time’s Up leaders from making any public comment about Boylan’s allegations. Later, top Cuomo aide Melissa DeRosa asked Kaplan — her attorney — to review a letter the governor’s supporters intended to circulate attacking Boylan’s credibility.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15803
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Cuomo Resigns - Kathy Hochul to become NY Gov 8/24

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:36 am

In her first days in office, Gov. Hochul has made some critical decisions.
Corrected the 'official' state public numbers of deaths from Covid-19 from about 43,000 to 55,000. https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/08 ... 629908470/
Vowed to 'clean up' the Governor's office, telling those that enabled former Gov. Cuomo to get away with sexual harassment to go or will be fired and 'zero tolerance' for sexual harassment in all state departments.
She has chosen her Lt. Governor, a current NYS Senator Brian Benjamin, who is a Black man, represents a district in Harlem section of NY City, and is politically to the left of Hochul. https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/govern ... t-governor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: c933103, petertenthije and 40 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos