Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

skyservice_330
Topic Author

Justice for J6 Rally - Sept 18

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:50 pm

There is coverage of the upcoming rally on September 18 that is being organized in support of the January 6 insurrectionists - the 600 or so charged for their involvement in efforts to storm the Capitol and prevent the election results from being certified. It is being organized by a former employee of the Trump campaign.

Certainly the violence of Jan. 6 can't be too far from people's minds, but some reports seem to suggest the rally may end up being a nothingburger. Law enforcement don't seem to be taking any chances, which isn't surprising.

From: https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/politics ... index.html

Law enforcement officials are bracing for potential clashes and unrest during the rally, according to an internal Capitol Police memo reviewed by CNN.

The latest intelligence report on the event notes that online chatter in support of the rally started increasing after the officer who fatally shot rioter Ashli Babbitt went public with his identity in a recent interview with NBC's Lester Holt.

There's been a noticeable uptick in violent rhetoric around the event and heated discussions centered on Babbitt's shooting on social media and discussion boards, according to the memo. The document warns that many individuals may also see September 18 as a "Justice for Ashli Babbitt" rally, which could be cause for concern, and it's not unreasonable to plan for violent altercations.

There have been additional discussions of violence associated with the event, with one online chat suggesting violence against Jewish centers and liberal churches while law enforcement is distracted that day.
Around 500 people have indicated they plan to attend, though the memo notes that past recent events organized by Look Ahead America had significantly lower attendance than expected and were peaceful.

What is the mood in the US right now around this? Is there an expectation it will fall flat - or should we be prepared for a repeat of Jan. 6 with Trump supporters brawling with cops on the steps of the Capitol building?

NIKV69

Re: Justice for J6 Rally - Sept 18

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:56 pm

I would think the Capital police and whoever should make it known that any violence will be shut down immediately with bigger force. Something I think should have happened the first time.

skyservice_330
Topic Author

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Good point - it certainly seems like planning efforts are being undertaken to prevent and deal with violence (arguably efforts that weren't taken, or inadequately taken, for Jan. 6). That is a good thing - for the safety of those at the rally, and police.

casinterest

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 pm

I think this will be a sparsely attended event. How many people want to be seen sympathizing with people that attacked this country because they believed lies told by a known liar?

johns624

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
I think this will be a sparsely attended event. How many people want to be seen sympathizing with people that attacked this country because they believed lies told by a known liar?
Not to mention that everyone knows that they can potentially have felony charges filed against them and DJT isn't going to back or help them. Yet more in the long line of people that he's stiffed after using them. Yet, they all think that he'll treat them differently...idiots.

casinterest

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:03 pm

johns624 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Not to mention that everyone knows that they can potentially have felony charges filed against them and DJT isn't going to back or help them. Yet more in the long line of people that he's stiffed after using them. Yet, they all think that he'll treat them differently...idiots.

Yes. There might still be more than I expect there though as I guess the conspiracy sights are whipping them up into a frenzy.

The DHS might be underestimating the amount of depravity out there.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... c-n1279152

A DHS official said "tens of thousands" of protesters attended the pro-Trump rally that turned violent Jan. 6, but 700 were expected Saturday.

Ken777

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:06 am

No sympathy from me - I just hope that the police don't load up with rudder bullets. J6 was an attempt to take over the government - just like the dictatorships that Trump loves so much nd they need to be well controlled and rapidly arrested if they cause trouble.

BTW - any guesses on when Trump will get indicted?

ltbewr

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:57 am

Big and critical differences from 1/6/21. Current President Biden isn't encouraging the mob to do a terrorist act. Plenty of law and security officers who won't hesitate to use force and arrest if needed. Lots of fences and other barriers in place to keep the mob out of the Capital area will be in place. DC's gun laws will be strictly enforced. Zero tolerance for any stupid stuff by locals and law enforcement. There are stories of many staying away as see it as 'honeytrap' to nail some missed from arrest and prosecution on 1/6/21, see it a 'false flag' event and maybe some have had and attack of common sense and realize they are fools to participate. Some of the members of congress that supported the terrorist act on 1/6/21 are going quiet and not going to be anywhere near it.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 31728.html

seb146

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:31 am

And when so few people show up, right wing media will spin, spin, spin. I can't wait to see the excuses why "no one" attended. It is just too bad so many people still side with these extremists and give them coverage. But, ratings.

LabQuest

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Ken777 wrote:
No sympathy from me - I just hope that the police don't load up with rudder bullets. J6 was an attempt to take over the government - just like the dictatorships that Trump loves so much nd they need to be well controlled and rapidly arrested if they cause trouble.

BTW - any guesses on when Trump will get indicted?

For what? People have been saying he's going to jail for like 5 years now.

casinterest

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
And when so few people show up, right wing media will spin, spin, spin. I can't wait to see the excuses why "no one" attended. It is just too bad so many people still side with these extremists and give them coverage. But, ratings.

Well we know that they are now labeling it all as a false flag
I imagine everyone will be dazed and confused when they do show up.

seb146

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:15 pm

casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That is what I find hilarious about this whole thing: right wing extremists set all this up and now they themselves are saying it is a trap by the government. You can't make this stuff up! Well, apparently, you can.....

casinterest

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:03 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That is what I find hilarious about this whole thing: right wing extremists set all this up and now they themselves are saying it is a trap by the government. You can't make this stuff up! Well, apparently, you can.....

Well maybe Trump will stand by them all as he is currently calling Biden the Illegitimate president. Trump left the White House. He accepted the loss. End of Story. He needs to stop lying .

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-ge ... 08bf28d8eb

NIKV69

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:47 pm

casinterest wrote:

Well maybe Trump will stand by them all as he is currently calling Biden the Illegitimate president. Trump left the White House. He accepted the loss. End of Story. He needs to stop lying .

Trump was called the Illegitimate president from just about every member of the Dem party and media his whole term. It has taken hold and I think we will see this every new president. It's another low that the media and fringe has sunk too.

Aaron747

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trump was called the Illegitimate president from just about every member of the Dem party and media his whole term. It has taken hold and I think we will see this every new president. It's another low that the media and fringe has sunk too.

He brought that on himself with unprofessional behavior and crazy advisors/hiring practices from day one. Everyone somehow forgets that part - establishing credibility is not that difficult if you walk the walk.

seb146

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You mean the man who praised autocrats, golfed every week after complaining about other legitimate Democratic presidents golfing, screaming about "I CAN FIX THIS!!!" and "I CAN HELP YOU!!" and "I WILL SAVE YOU!!!" for four years? The one who demanded a private line directly to Putin? The one who praised white nationalists?

We only started seeing this "He is not a legitimate president" when Obama was elected. Not before. We accepted GWB being president. We didn't like it, but we accepted it. Republicans refuse to accept a Black man was president. THAT is where it all started. All those MAGAs, including the big man himself, going on and on about Obama not being born in America and Obama not being a legitimate president. THAT is where it all started. So, don't even start.

SQ22

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:51 am

Thread went off topic and will be locked.