Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

johns624

Re: Brian Laundrie is missing

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:00 am

Tugger wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Am I the only one finding it strange that the police had put the guy in a hotel and left the girl sleeping alone in the van ?

Well it was her van for one. And it was a camper van at that. So why not? Camping is pretty safe (normally).

Tugg
With him in a motel, that was probably the safest that she was the whole trip...

StarAC17

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:04 am

johns624 wrote:
What I find somewhat damning is that he took her car and drove 2000+ miles.
I also don't understand (not just in this case) how someone could get so enraged at someone that they supposedly love, that they kill them. It's so much easier to turn around and say "See ya!".

Love, especially in the physical sense is one of those emotions that thrives on passion.

The line separating a really hot night in the bedroom and a crime of passion is thinner than we would all like to admit. A passionate time gone wrong could lead to violence that might have been a pre-meditated murder of involuntary manslaughter.

That may have caused the incident leading to death but the actions afterwards are not indicative of Self-defense or a fight gone wrong. If this was an accident call 911 and seek help immediately.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:12 am

Does anyone find the chain of communication in the Utah police stop strange?

https://www.cbs8.com/amp/article/news/c ... 0ecaf07d21

Someone calls 911 reporting Brian was seen hitting her in public, then when the couple is stopped police question them both, Gabby says she struck him just before the stop and they decide she was the aggressor - I have not seen the whole traffic stop video but did they question Brian about the 911 call content?

It just seems to me a witness seeing him hitting her earlier in town would be a very important starting point for their investigation, not only what was seen in the seconds before engaging them in the traffic stop. Also someone mentioned red flags in the stop like Brian querying if Gabby said anything bad about him and being overly polite.

johns624

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:33 am

Maybe the 911 operator didn't report all the details.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:37 am

johns624 wrote:

I guess that must be the case - they might have only indicated ‘some kinda domestic dispute’. Can’t imagine they get much more than motorists out of gas and lost hikers in Moab.

johns624

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 am

Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

I guess that must be the case - they might have only indicated ‘some kinda domestic dispute’. Can’t imagine they get much more than motorists out of gas and lost hikers in Moab.
After reading the news accounts again, I'm even more confused. It seems like that, even though they happened on the same day, they were two different events. There was the 911 call made by a civilian and then later, it seems like patrolling officers saw erratic driving. I can't find a definite timeline.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:36 am

johns624 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

After reading the news accounts again, I'm even more confused. It seems like that, even though they happened on the same day, they were two different events. There was the 911 call made by a civilian and then later, it seems like patrolling officers saw erratic driving. I can't find a definite timeline.

That’s my understanding - the incident in town preceded the traffic stop on the same day.

ltbewr

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:46 pm

As I noted in a previous post there have been complaints made public by groups and individuals who are other than White women or children who have been reported as missing by family members and a lack of public and police attention to them. In parts their complaints include racial, ethnic or religious bias. The complaints of a lack of attention to others has been picked up by a number of news/opinion news sites and cable stations including CNN, several of the political commentators on MSNBC have been presenting such cases of missing non-White individuals under-reported and under-investigated.

So why did this case get such attention ? Clearly the stories of return of the boyfriend without her and subsequent behaviors was so abnormal that it angered Gabby's parents so they went to local Florida news media which likes the attention and ratings such cases bring. As the story developed, reports and police records of calls as to physical and verbal abuse (of each other). Then the likely suspect has 'gone missing' too with suggestions of help by his parents.

This case has also brought up that it is too common that many persons go missing due to escaping relationship or family physical and verbal abuse or have been killed by it and the killing party wanting to hide their criminal acts. This is true no matter the race, gender, religion or economic class. This can include too many GLTBQ+ teens who ran away from their parents home due to abuse, rejection of love due to their gender status. Many victims stay with their assaulter as too young to be on their own, a loss of income and the hope they won't do it again. This case also gives attention to how relationship abuse can quickly escalate, that perhaps action should have been sooner by police, state or local agencies before it ended here with death. Sound police and welfare agencies actions can and do reduce the number of violent and deadly incidents.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Still Can't find this guy. He is either in the digestive track of an Alligator or long gone. Wow.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Still Can't find this guy. He is either in the digestive track of an Alligator or long gone. Wow.

Tract* ;)

I can only imagine how pissed off Gabby's parents/step-parents are. A week after their impassioned pleas for information via media, and Brian and his family still totally silent and unresponsive. Someone in that family knows something - this is ridiculous.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Tract* ;)

I can only imagine how pissed off Gabby's parents/step-parents are. A week after their impassioned pleas for information via media, and Brian and his family still totally silent and unresponsive. Someone in that family knows something - this is ridiculous.

John Walsh seems to think the parents helped him get to Alabama and he fled to Mexico from there. Seems plausible. I don't think they are going to find him in that swamp and if true means he had over a week head start.

johns624

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Tract* ;)

John Walsh seems to think the parents helped him get to Alabama and he fled to Mexico from there. Seems plausible. I don't think they are going to find him in that swamp and if true means he had over a week head start.
Which would make them accessories after the fact. Like I said earlier, the parents need to stop worrying about their son and start worrying about themselves.

LabQuest

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:09 am

He's hanging from a tree somewhere.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:50 am

johns624 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Tract* ;)

I can only imagine how pissed off Gabby's parents/step-parents are. A week
after their impassioned pleas for information via media, and Brian and his family still totally silent and unresponsive. Someone in that family knows something - this is ridiculous.

Which would make them accessories after the fact. Like I said earlier, the parents need to stop worrying about their son and start worrying about themselves.

Like wise defense lawyers say, “if somebody’s going to prison, make sure it’s the client.”

Aaron747

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:21 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Tract* ;)

The head start is everything. I'm sure they'll try but pretty tough to quickly verify who sold burner phones to the Laundries in the last couple weeks. They'll look into any newly-activated numbers and their activity.

Laundrie's parents have apparently suspended their business so unless they're sitting pretty on savings this is going to start hurting in the bank fast.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Tract* ;)

The head start is everything. I'm sure they'll try but pretty tough to quickly verify who sold burner phones to the Laundries in the last couple weeks. They'll look into any newly-activated numbers and their activity.

Laundrie's parents have apparently suspended their business so unless they're sitting pretty on savings this is going to start hurting in the bank fast.

Well they have to sell their house I mean the hatred I saw when people started to gather before her body was found was bad so at this point best to get out of town fast.

DL717

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:38 pm

LabQuest wrote:
He's hanging from a tree somewhere.

I prefer the alligator route. More pain and suffering.

extender

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Let the parents suffer too. They covered for him.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:38 pm

extender wrote:

I am getting the impression they are staring major legal issues right in the face.

Aaron747

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:04 pm

extender wrote:

Not to mention they raised him to be a little shit. During their Utah stay he apparently lashed out at a waitress:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 0.html?amp

Rolling my eyes at people who comment various places ‘it’s natural for parents to protect a kid in trouble’ - NO, it isn’t. If he got caught up in something that’s one thing, but in this case the girl who was living WITH them ended up dead FFS. You don’t cover for that.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:24 pm

Dog the Bounty hunter will save the day! OMG

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito ... n-laundrie

bpatus297

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
extender wrote:

Not to mention they raised him to be a little shit. During their Utah stay he apparently lashed out at a waitress:

Rolling my eyes at people who comment various places ‘it’s natural for parents to protect a kid in trouble’ - NO, it isn’t. If he got caught up in something that’s one thing, but in this case the girl who was living WITH them ended up dead FFS. You don’t cover for that.

Do you have kids?

Tugger

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:44 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
extender wrote:

Do you have kids?

I do and I agree. You do NOT protect your kids from their failures on this scale. Teach them to stand up and speak to the problems they have. Stand behind them as they do, sure but don't let them use you to hide from their actions.

Tugg

bpatus297

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Tugger wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Do you have kids?

I do and I agree. You do NOT protect your kids from their failures on this scale. Teach them to stand up and speak to the problems they have. Stand behind them as they do, sure but don't let them use you to hide from their actions.

Tugg

I don't think I would do what they did, but I can't say I would just turn them in. Plus, you don't know what he told his parents, he could have convinced them it was an accident. I can say that the emotions would be very complex and I just simply don't see how its easy to say one way or another. To make absolute statements in that kind of a situation is doing it injustice.

Tugger

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:24 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Do you have kids?

Tugg

I don't think I would do what they did, but I can't say I would just turn them in. Plus, you don't know what he told his parents, he could have convinced them it was an accident. I can say that the emotions would be very complex and I just simply don't see how its easy to say one way or another. To make absolute statements in that kind of a situation is doing it injustice.

Sorry no. If it was an accident then I would absolutely guide my child on the need to step forward and admit that. Emotions, no we are talking taking responsibility for actions. And making statements that one needs to step and communicate is better than making excuses fro why one does not.

And you can red my posts, I did not assume anything with him.. That does not change my stance that he needed to step forward and in particular his parents needed to as well.

Tugg

Aaron747

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:38 am

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
extender wrote:

Do you have kids?

Yes, and if they had committed a major crime I would urge them to turn themselves in. They were not raised to do that. Like I said, another scenario would obviously be different. I’m not covering for someone, especially when OTHER parents I know are grieving - they did not even respond to Petito family communications and pleas for help of any kind.

bpatus297

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:27 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Do you have kids?

Yes, and if they had committed a major crime I would urge them to turn themselves in. They were not raised to do that. Like I said, another scenario would obviously be different. I’m not covering for someone, especially when OTHER parents I know are grieving - they did not even respond to Petito family communications and pleas for help of any kind.

Okay sure, the rest of us parents are rolling our eyes.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:11 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Do you have kids?

I don't think anyone knows how they would act in this situation. The parental bond is too strong. They may know more than they are letting on but how much who knows.

Aaron747

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:30 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Do you have kids?

Speak for yourself. Ask 10 parents how they feel you'll get 10 different answers - such is the nature of parenting.

bpatus297

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Speak for yourself. Ask 10 parents how they feel you'll get 10 different answers - such is the nature of parenting.

And I would bet 9 out of ten would not just turn their kid in like you purport.

Tugger

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:37 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

I'll take that bet. $1000.00.

Tugg

Aaron747

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:42 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

An argument from omniscience and hasty generalization all at once - impressively fallacious reasoning. I also didn't 'purport' anything - I made no statement about how many parents would agree. :hypnotized:

Aaron747

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:32 am

Pretty terse statement from the Petito family's attorney today:

A lawyer for Ms Petito's family, Richard Stafford, criticised Mr Laundrie's parents for what he said was a lack of cooperation in the search that turned up Ms Petito's remains.

"The Laundries did not help us find Gabby," Mr Stafford said. "They're sure not going to help us find Brian."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-29/ ... /100499270

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:53 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Pretty terse statement from the Petito family's attorney today:

A lawyer for Ms Petito's family, Richard Stafford, criticised Mr Laundrie's parents for what he said was a lack of cooperation in the search that turned up Ms Petito's remains.

"The Laundries did not help us find Gabby," Mr Stafford said. "They're sure not going to help us find Brian."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-29/ ... /100499270

Watched the presser. He is right. I hope they find this guy fast.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:49 am

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

A good, responsible parent right here, no? Woman in Florida just turned in her murderer son:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9g4q4CXg_I

STT757

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:14 pm

I've been watching from the beginning, I know he's reality tv etc.. but it seems like Dog the Bounty Hunter actually got legit leads with regards to the Fort De Soto Park and the burner phone. Seems like the FBI was following behind him with the investigation.

It would be amazing if John Walsh and Duane Chapman were to bring Brian Laundrie to justice.

Justice For Gabby.

BaconButty

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:08 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58989242

In a news conference, FBI Special Agent Michael McPherson said that "investigators found what appears to be human remains along with personal items such as a backpack and notebook belonging to Brian Laundrie".

Looks like dirty Laundrie is being aired in public.

Aaron747

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:24 pm

BaconButty wrote:

In a news conference, FBI Special Agent Michael McPherson said that "investigators found what appears to be human remains along with personal items such as a backpack and notebook belonging to Brian Laundrie".

Will have to see what tests reveal - he/the parents could just be throwing them off his scent.

wingman

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Thread title will need to change shortly to "Brian Laundrie was eaten". One man's dirty Laundrie is another gator's tasty supper I reckon.

Jetty

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Was Brian found by Dog the bounty hunter or someone else?

johns624

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:
BaconButty wrote:

Will have to see what tests reveal - he/the parents could just be throwing them off his scent.
That's what I was thinking. His parents have been very uncooperative except for two times. The first was when they told police about the nature preserve. The cops wasted 2 weeks searching it. Now, although the stories that I've read were poorly written (a regular occurrence nowadays) but it appears the police found out the parents were going out there (phone tap?) and followed them. If the body was badly decomposed (probable), than that's another few days while sonny gets further away. I hope DNA proves it's him, but who knows? Once you've killed one person, killing another who sorta fits your physical description is easy.

Aaron747

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:20 am

johns624 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
BaconButty wrote:

That's what I was thinking. His parents have been very uncooperative except for two times. The first was when they told police about the nature preserve. The cops wasted 2 weeks searching it. Now, although the stories that I've read were poorly written (a regular occurrence nowadays) but it appears the police found out the parents were going out there (phone tap?) and followed them. If the body was badly decomposed (probable), than that's another few days while sonny gets further away. I hope DNA proves it's him, but who knows? Once you've killed one person, killing another who sorta fits your physical description is easy.

Or while they were 'camping' as a family, they either found human remains or were shown some sonny had already known about from hiking there, and just went back and put his stuff around it later. As you say I wouldn't put anything past this couple from what we have seen.

ltbewr

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:51 am

If the human remains are those of Laundre and died in an attack by a gator other wild animal, it would be wanted karma but still unsatisfactory. I suspect his parents will be facing charges of harboring a fugitive, I hope they are sent to jail and made destitute from their part in hiding their son from facing justice while still alive and could have said where the left the body of Gabby. She is still very dead due to violence of her 'boyfriend'. Her body is in transit to home of her parents. I expect a huge amount of attention to her funeral but hopefully will not intrude on the parents and others in their family unless they accept it to get the message out about relationship abuse.

Aaron747

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Apparently skeletal remains have been identified as Laundrie via dental records, according to FBI.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/10/21/us/b ... index.html

phugoid1982

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:42 pm

This is frustrating. I doubt this narcissist killed himself. A croc probably got to him and we may never know what transpired between him and Gabby. Hopefully, the parents who are patently complicit, will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice since they clearly aided him in fleeing.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:50 am

phugoid1982 wrote:
This is frustrating. I doubt this narcissist killed himself. A croc probably got to him and we may never know what transpired between him and Gabby. Hopefully, the parents who are patently complicit, will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice since they clearly aided him in fleeing.

Yep he didn't kill himself. It's also being floated the parents may have asked for immunity to help. This story gets worse by the minute.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:37 pm

phugoid1982 wrote:

If it was a croc, it’d be real news! Crocs aren’t known to exist in Florida.

vikkyvik

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:48 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
If it was a croc, it’d be real news! Crocs aren’t known to exist in Florida.

Yes they are, but in a fairly limited area of south Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_crocodile

StarAC17

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:52 pm

ltbewr wrote:
If the human remains are those of Laundre and died in an attack by a gator other wild animal, it would be wanted karma but still unsatisfactory. I suspect his parents will be facing charges of harboring a fugitive, I hope they are sent to jail and made destitute from their part in hiding their son from facing justice while still alive and could have said where the left the body of Gabby. She is still very dead due to violence of her 'boyfriend'. Her body is in transit to home of her parents. I expect a huge amount of attention to her funeral but hopefully will not intrude on the parents and others in their family unless they accept it to get the message out about relationship abuse.

I think he killed himself and a Gator found his body and he hoped he wouldn't be found. I can't see any human (I don't care how guilty) want to be attacked by a gator and face that level of pain willingly.

Someone probably knows more than me but Gators don't actively hunt humans. They will attack one who protrudes on their habitat but I don't think they hunt humans because their bodies are more for quick explosive actions and on land they aren't particularly fast.

luckyone

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 am

As tragic as this whole michegoss is, I still don’t understand why this murder is so much more newsworthy than so many others.