Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bpatus297
Topic Author

San Fran mayor violates her own mask mandate.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:31 pm

Things like this are why so many people are getting fed up and with our politicians. Masks for thee, but not for me.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ay-vpx.cnn

casinterest

Re: San Fran mayor violates her own mask mandate.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:35 pm

She had a drink on the table. So who cares? There are exemptions at food and drink locations.

PixelPilot

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
She had a drink on the table. So who cares? There are exemptions at food and drink locations.

Lol did you watch the video?
Nah you didn't. Had to jump in defence just cause right?

People should really start holding other people accountable for their actions. It would benefit us all.

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:40 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Cause what? I looked at the pic
Drink on table.

The fact that this thread exists is just to drum up Karen behavior.

PixelPilot

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:55 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Drink on table.

So you didn't watch the video cause you "looked at a pic". Gotcha.

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:56 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Drink on table.

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Maybe I actually read about what did occur and can use my own judgement without being told how to think.

PixelPilot

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Drink on table.

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Maybe I actually read about what did occur and can use my own judgement without being told how to think.

My suggestion, next time if such an opportunity occurs, SEE it yourself instead of believing what somebody else is TELLING YOU to believe.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:15 pm

casinterest wrote:

Did you watch the video and her later response to it?

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:16 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

My suggestion, next time if such an opportunity occurs, SEE it yourself instead of believing what somebody else is TELLING YOU to believe.

Did she get arrested or asked to put on a mask?
I don't see that. So honestly. why don't you believe what you are seeing?

Have you eaten at any restaurants or bars during covid mask mandates? I have.

I see nothing different than I have seen everywhere. Most folks only put the mask on when they go to the restroom or leave.

So other than this being a Karen troll video, what was Karen doing by the way?, this is a big nothing.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:20 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I see nothing different than I have seen everywhere. Most folks only put the mask on when they go to the restroom or leave.

So other than this being a Karen troll video, what was Karen doing by the way?, this is a big nothing.

Standing and dancing without mask or a drink in her hand, yet the heath order says you can only remove your mask when seated at a table or standing at a stationary bar while eating or drinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYNnLwM1TAw

PixelPilot

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:26 pm

casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Because her mandate specifically prohibits what she is doing??
DUH

mbmbos

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:42 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Things like this are why so many people are getting fed up and with our politicians. Masks for thee, but not for me.

Hypocrisy or not, everyone should be following mask and vaccine mandates. There's no excuse for not following rules that help keep other people well during a pandemic.

PixelPilot

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:57 pm

mbmbos wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Hypocrisy or not, everyone should be following mask and vaccine mandates. There's no excuse for not following rules that help keep other people well during a pandemic.

Not sure I can agree at this point. IF it is so serious why do all those that preach it don't do it themselves?
We have those videos every single day. Mask on when the camera is rolling, mask off when the camera points the other way.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:39 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Not sure I can agree at this point. IF it is so serious why do all those that preach it don't do it themselves?
We have those videos every single day. Mask on when the camera is rolling, mask off when the camera points the other way.

BINGO

skyservice_330

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 pm

It wouldn't be a Tuesday on A.net if there wasn't a post about something going on in California LOL

She should face the legal and political repercussions of this. I am sure the good people of SF will pass judgement on this the next time they go to the polls - whether booting her from office, or her winning again by a smaller margin. Or they won't give a sh*t and will send her back to office. Time will tell.

Politicians can be hypocrites, the sun is hot and water is wet... Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:48 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Standing and dancing without mask or a drink in her hand, yet the heath order says you can only remove your mask when seated at a table or standing at a stationary bar while eating or drinking.

Where were the Karens asking her to mask up? Seriously. This place has a vaccination policy. It is safer than any place in most red states.

The issue here is that Karen's care more about 5 minutes of shaming than working towards vaccinations.
She was still at her table, or do you have video showing her twerking on the floor?

This whole thread is nothing but a Karen thread.

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:56 pm

No laws were broken here. I legal lawyer can easily make the point that the mandate was being followed by all involved.
This is just a thread about nothing.

StarAC17

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 pm

mbmbos wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

I agree and think masks suck, but democratic politicians have a problem with this. GOP politicians don't really want restrictions and that is bad but they aren't being hypocrites.

There is at least a half dozen or more instances of this happening among democratic politicians all over the US and it hopefully gave Newsom enough of a scare to not do it again. Not just masking but haircuts, travel and the shame that was the Met Gala last week.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:00 pm

casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Where were the Karens asking her to mask up? Seriously. This place has a vaccination policy. It is safer than any place in most red states.

The issue here is that Karen's care more about 5 minutes of shaming than working towards vaccinations.
She was still at her table, or do you have video showing her twerking on the floor?

It's her health department that passed the order she is violating. It's not a Karen thing, but nice try to deflect form a hypocritical Dem.

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:35 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

It's her health department that passed the order she is violating. It's not a Karen thing, but nice try to deflect form a hypocritical Dem.

Don't throw labels on me . Everyone in that room was missing a mask. They were all at their tables. Even the Karen recording probably had their mask off.

This is no different than every restaurant experience i have seen.

casinterest

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:38 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

I agree and think masks suck, but democratic politicians have a problem with this. GOP politicians don't really want restrictions and that is bad but they aren't being hypocrites.

There is at least a half dozen or more instances of this happening among democratic politicians all over the US and it hopefully gave Newsom enough of a scare to not do it again. Not just masking but haircuts, travel and the shame that was the Met Gala last week.

This democratic mayor has one of the lowest Covid rated in the country. The GOP candidates generally have the highest. Wonder why?

The GOP throw 3rd grade bullying comments around 30 second mask wearing clips, but cry pain and "Too soon" when someone points out how many of their neighbors have gotten sick and died from Covid, because they don't want to wear the masks or get a vaccine.

n562wn

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:38 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Anyone shocked and/or surprised by the hypocrisy of this bunch of politicians at this point should be looking for oceanfront property in Colorado.

SL1200MK2

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:47 pm

While I’m only one San Francisco resident, I can say it seems like it perhaps wasn’t the best choice but she’s done a brilliant job here and I think we’ll let this slide. I’ve not heard many people too upset about this. I do love people’s obsession with California and SF. If anything, it’s flattering

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:15 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
While I’m only one San Francisco resident, I can say it seems like it perhaps wasn’t the best choice but she’s done a brilliant job here and I think we’ll let this slide. I’ve not heard many people too upset about this. I do love people’s obsession with California and SF. If anything, it’s flattering

Yes indeed. This is not as serious as French Laundry. THAT was hypocrisy. The right wing outrage media machine will talk about this all day without mentioning SF leading cities of similar size in death and hospitalization rates for months on end.

StarAC17

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:00 am

casinterest wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

This democratic mayor has one of the lowest Covid rated in the country. The GOP candidates generally have the highest. Wonder why?

The GOP throw 3rd grade bullying comments around 30 second mask wearing clips, but cry pain and "Too soon" when someone points out how many of their neighbors have gotten sick and died from Covid, because they don't want to wear the masks or get a vaccine.

She is fortunate that the people in her city listen to the rules set out and SF has one of the highest vaccination rates in the US with reasonable restrictions to limit spread. That is all good and is solid governance; she is still a hypocrite and I don't think this is her first offence.

People absolutely hate hypocrisy and I would say in terms of politics it is the worst sin you can commit and it shouldn't be easily forgiven. This was hypocrisy and any politician should know that if you are going to tell people to stay home and reduce their contacts then they darn well know better than to show up breaking any rules in public. Especially when everyone has an HD camera in their pockets.

https://youtu.be/zfH_cdAT_Rc

GOP politicans have been horrible on Covid but they haven't been breaking rules they set out. They may be idiots but aren't hypocrites.

However her press conference was actually honest which is about halfway through this video.

https://youtu.be/zfH_cdAT_Rc
Last edited by StarAC17 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 am

bpatus297 wrote:

Had the time to watch the video and there's nothing really to see here, especially in light of official SF policy.

The current SF DPH ordinance requires masks except for when actively eating and drinking (ostensibly, at an event such as the one the Mayor was at, everyone was drinking throughout the evening)

42. Are there times when I can remove my mask indoors?
You do not have to remain masked when in a private office or vehicle or while actively eating or drinking. There are other limited exceptions to the masking requirement.

https://www.sfdph.org/dph/alerts/coronavirus-faq.asp

Further there are additional stipulations for venues where the above situation is likely:

In settings where any individuals are likely to remove their face coverings or engage
in activity involving elevated breathing, additional safety measures for both employees and
patrons are necessary

https://www.sfdph.org/dph/alerts/files/ ... ummary.pdf

This means the establishment was required to confirm all patrons had fully vaccinated status when attending the event. So many of these stories become bunk when looked into properly.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 am

StarAC17 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

It appears that way until you look at the actual stipulations. Everyone in the video was in compliance with the DPH rules as stated.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:53 am

casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Don't throw labels on me . Everyone in that room was missing a mask. They were all at their tables. Even the Karen recording probably had their mask off.

What label am I trying to throw on you? You are the one calling everyone else Karen.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 am

Aaron747 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

Yes indeed. This is not as serious as French Laundry. THAT was hypocrisy. The right wing outrage media machine will talk about this all day without mentioning SF leading cities of similar size in death and hospitalization rates for months on end.

So you get up in arms about rumors and conjecture about republicans, but dismiss video evidence of hypocrisy from democrats. Got it.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:57 am

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

So you get up in arms about rumors and conjecture about republicans, but dismiss video evidence of hypocrisy from democrats. Got it.

Reply 26 outlines why this story being labeled hypocrisy is actually bunk. The devil's in the details.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1465039#p22964717

And there are no 'rumors' regarding the DoD/Jan 6th situation - multiple officials participated and had the same concerns, for reasons now verified. Probably a good idea to get caught up in that thread.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 am

Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Reply 26 outlines why this story being labeled hypocrisy is actually bunk. The devil's in the details.

And there are no 'rumors' regarding the DoD/Jan 6th situation - multiple officials participated and had the same concerns, for reasons now verified. Probably a good idea to get caught up in that thread.

You are basing your "facts" in the Milley thread on conjecture. Also, I don't agree that she was following the order.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:20 am

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

You are basing your "facts" in the Milley thread on conjecture. Also, I don't agree that she was following the order.

Negative, replied here with question waiting for you:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1464867&start=100#p22963659

As for Mayor Breed, if you don't agree she was in compliance than you have to also accuse everyone there plus the club management of non-compliance. But the DPH order is actually written in plain language so your take is a massive stretch.

mbmbos

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:29 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Anecdotal information versus stats. "All those that preach..."

That's B.S. Almost all of those who preach masking and taking vaccinations actual practice it as well.

"We have those videos every single day..."

Again, anecdotal B.S. You can find a person not complying every single day and it still doesn't amount to much.

Once again, this is a lazy excuse ginned up to justify irresponsible behavior.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Negative, replied here with question waiting for you:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1464867&start=100#p22963659

As for Mayor Breed, if you don't agree she was in compliance than you have to also accuse everyone there plus the club management of non-compliance. But the DPH order is actually written in plain language so your take is a massive stretch.

First, I didn't answer the question on the other thread because I don't use twitter, and am no going to start, so I don't know what the link was. I have a lot of opinions on Trump, but that is irrelevant to the discussion over there. You claimed things as fact that you simply don't know happened. Second, I read the link you gave that points to the health department order, its specifically says "actively eating or drinking". The mayor was not actively eating or drinking, and even admits so in her interview. I don't care what the rest of the patrons were doing, this is about the mayor who is preaching to others what to do, yet not following the same rules. Look, I get it, you hate anyone who in not a liberal and sees things different from you, but that doesn't mean your ideas and options are always right (pun intended).

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:54 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
First, I didn't answer the question on the other thread because I don't use twitter, and am no going to start, so I don't know what the link was. I have a lot of opinions on Trump, but that is irrelevant to the discussion over there. You claimed things as fact that you simply don't know happened.

Negative again - you can simply click the link and see the factual information reported. There is no need to be a Twitter user. But here, I'll hold hands if that's what is necessary:

https://www.businessinsider.com/memo-de ... ive-2021-9

bpatus297 wrote:
I read the link you gave that points to the health department order, its specifically says "actively eating or drinking". The mayor was not actively eating or drinking, and even admits so in her interview. I don't care what the rest of the patrons were doing, this is about the mayor who is preaching to others what to do, yet not following the same rules. Look, I get it, you hate anyone who in not a liberal and sees things different from you, but that doesn't mean your ideas and options are always right (pun intended).

If one doesn't care about the context then it's obvious the take is careless and agenda-driven. People are at a club enjoying themselves - they are actively drinking. That's the whole point of going with people to a club.

casinterest

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

What label am I trying to throw on you? You are the one calling everyone else Karen.

You are labeling me as hypocritical over a 30 second clip that does not show any egregious violation of the health code. I would dare say that is the reason why this is such a Karen video. No one in the room is masked.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
You are labeling me as hypocritical over a 30 second clip that does not show any egregious violation of the health code. I would dare say that is the reason why this is such a Karen video. No one in the room is masked.

And didn't need to be if everyone was drinking as the establishment would have no doubt followed the DPH ordinance to ensure all event attendees were fully vaccinated. That's why context matters over emotion and the need to score points.

Tugger

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm

I am with StarAC17 that she was dumb and hypocritical. As to those defending her, I guess I don't understand the energy being expended on it. "Actively Eating & Drinking" can be interpreted however you want I guess but basically EVERYONE I know realistically understands it to be just what it states and not "also while dancing and partying and having a good time with friends (and did we say partying?)".

I know for me I certainly break the rule and party with friends without masking. Excusing myself for that with thinking that we are all vaccinated and in a small common group of friends. But then I am not passing laws and mandates stating that you must mask when in such situations. If I was one responsible for such things... well I would still do exactly as I have been but know I have to be very careful to not be caught.

I will note though, regarding hypocrisy, while the many people and politicians that have consistently denounced mask and vaccine requirements and mandates can be said as "not being hypocritical" on this one thing, I have found those same people to be insanely hypocritical about many other things and actions.

But then hypocrisy is part of human nature. "Do as I say not as I do" is a fact of life for all of us.

Tugg

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Tugger wrote:
I am with StarAC17 that she was dumb and hypocritical. As to those defending her, I guess I don't understand the energy being expended on it. "Actively Eating & Drinking" can be interpreted however you want I guess but basically EVERYONE I know realistically understands it to be just what it states and not "also while dancing and partying and having a good time with friends (and did we say partying?)".

It's about the intent of the ordinance I think - public health authorities have explained time and again that masking is still necessary to protect the unvaccinated from each other and from vaccinated persons who may still transmit unknowingly. It is meant as umbrella cover - there is ostensibly much lower risk in an environment where all in attendance are fully vaccinated, and that's why the DPH guidance has extra allowances for venues where that may be the case.

From experience with one client, there was a similar policy and they dealt with numerous instances of employees 'reporting' one another for not wearing a mask in various situations - usually associated with eating and drinking. Each person had their own interpretation of what eating and drinking entails, and out of frustration with differentiating legit cases of intentional non-compliance and accidental carelessness, we eventually found that the happy medium was that certain locations - the coffee bar, lunch area, individual cubicles, etc were going to frequently feature eating/drinking and employees should reasonably expect people may be inclined to remove their masks at any time.

bpatus297
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:23 pm

casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Reread what I wrote, I said you were deflecting from a hypocritical Dem. The hypocritical Dem is the mayor. That should have been oblivious within the context of the thread.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:37 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Reread what I wrote, I said you were deflecting from a hypocritical Dem. The hypocritical Dem is the mayor. That should have been oblivious within the context of the thread.

Oh, oblivious it was indeed, that is definitely not in doubt. :rotfl:

Tugger

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

It's about the intent of the ordinance I think - public health authorities have explained time and again that masking is still necessary to protect the unvaccinated from each other and from vaccinated persons who may still transmit unknowingly. It is meant as umbrella cover - there is ostensibly much lower risk in an environment where all in attendance are fully vaccinated, and that's why the DPH guidance has extra allowances for venues where that may be the case.

From experience with one client, there was a similar policy and they dealt with numerous instances of employees 'reporting' one another for not wearing a mask in various situations - usually associated with eating and drinking. Each person had their own interpretation of what eating and drinking entails, and out of frustration with differentiating legit cases of intentional non-compliance and accidental carelessness, we eventually found that the happy medium was that certain locations - the coffee bar, lunch area, individual cubicles, etc were going to frequently feature eating/drinking and employees should reasonably expect people may be inclined to remove their masks at any time.

OK, fair enough. But then the "authorities" should make such things clear. Otherwise those interpreting the rules may over react and cause problems where none should be. Please tell me what you determined "eating/drinking and employees should reasonably expect".

The problem is, I suspect then "authorities" are concerned that people will take even more leeway. But honestly that is not a good excuse. The rules should be clear and applied equally (and be able to interpreted equally) to everyone. If we can all dance and party in a club without masks, then make that clear.

Tugg

Tugg

bpatus297
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Opps, I deserved that one. LOL

Aaron747

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:05 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

Opps, I deserved that one. LOL

No harm no foul :D

casinterest

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:18 pm

bpatus297 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
bpatus297 wrote:

I am not deflecting, and I still don't see hypocrisy in it all. The health guidelines of while eating and drinking are very loose. There is scarf it down eating and drinking at Mcdonald's vs, Eating and drinking at a bar in an atmosphere among friends.