Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyboysp

Re: Will Scott Morrison be re-elected?

Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:57 am

Kent350787 wrote:
flyboysp wrote:
UAUA wrote:
If Labour wins, there is no chance he can become the prime Minister right?

Seems that Labour is winning

What are the polls now?

That's right. If Labor win the upcoming election, there is absolutely no chance of Scomo becoming/remaining PM.

As of March 13 on a 2 party preferred basis, 56-44 in Labor's favour.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8917 ... 2203160002

Even if the Coalition comes back from its current position and wins, I don't expect Morrison will remain PM for long.

But each day that passes make a Coalition win less and less likely. Morrison is seeking to distance himself from the Coalition's SA state defeat in the same way he did from the NSW by-elections thrashing.

Lord help us if the coalition retains power. I do hope that Scomo falls prey to game of musical chairs that is party leadership.

With regards to Morrison distancing the coalition from the SA loss, it's not really surprising, but expected as tactics/strategy as this applies to either side. If it's a loss at at state level, it's decided on state issues and nothing to do with the federal government, however if it's a win, it's because of great the party. Just a matter of finding which connect/disconnect they are looking for.

Kent350787

Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:55 am

flyboysp wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
flyboysp wrote:

That's right. If Labor win the upcoming election, there is absolutely no chance of Scomo becoming/remaining PM.

Even if the Coalition comes back from its current position and wins, I don't expect Morrison will remain PM for long.

But each day that passes make a Coalition win less and less likely. Morrison is seeking to distance himself from the Coalition's SA state defeat in the same way he did from the NSW by-elections thrashing.

Lord help us if the coalition retains power. I do hope that Scomo falls prey to game of musical chairs that is party leadership.

With regards to Morrison distancing the coalition from the SA loss, it's not really surprising, but expected as tactics/strategy as this applies to either side. If it's a loss at at state level, it's decided on state issues and nothing to do with the federal government, however if it's a win, it's because of great the party. Just a matter of finding which connect/disconnect they are looking for.

Oh, I know the response is de rigeur - it's also on top of the general Morrison "anything good I did, andything bad someone else did" perspective as PM.

A101

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:52 am

Toenga wrote:

Basically the last couple of years everywhere have been unusually depressing and now with resurgent inflation adding to voters economic stress.
Covid has been extraordinarily challenging.

I don't think either government would have done things much different with regards to covid, its easy to look back in hindsight as say woulda coulda shoulda. A party in opposition can throw mud easier than when in power.

The government did as it was expected to do provide support to the states, but unfortunately the states that gave Morrison the most grief with putting when it came to a consensus between them were the Labor run states made him look like a fool when they decide to go against the leaders conference.

Even the darling of New Zealand the PM Arden is having support problems with covid

Toenga wrote:

Australia has also been particularily badly hit by extreme weather and climate events.

Yes but nothing to far out of the ordinary as per Dorothea Mackellar
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!

Toenga wrote:
And now we a very serious war going on with yet another serious humanitarian disaster.

I think he is doing all he can under the circumstances, its not Iraq Syria or Libya

Toenga wrote:
So there is a general stress in our populations that is manifesting itself in a withdrawal of support for incumbent governments everywhere.

But under the ALP I see a capitulation towards the China problem

Toenga wrote:
Not a good time to be faced with having to go to an election, especially when their performance has been as been as uneven as the Morrison lead coalition.

Considering the circumstance I don't think would have made that much difference except for the opposition, I am expecting a lot of cuts across the board once reality bites for the ALP

Toenga wrote:
A government and leader, that has been extremely reluctant to concede the link between fossil fuel consumption and global warming.

Sorry do not agree with this Australia is a drop in the ocean when it comes to climate change if they went to zero tomorrow nothing would change except for a massive impact on the Australian economy , and unfortunately the Australian population expect the government to give free handouts to every problem out there

Toenga wrote:
A government and leader, that has proved incapable of effective and empathetic response to the major weather and climate events faced in it's current term.

What are you talking about?

They are doing everything that is expected of them in assistance from deploying the ADF to financial help. If he said no i could accept the fact but there is a thing called the Constitution that springs to mind when the federal government can act and that is only at by request from the state leader

Toenga wrote:
A government and leader, that had to be dragged reluctantly by state premiers into a now largely successful covid response, but where the failures have concentrated in the areas of federal responsibility, aged care, and border control.

Successful i would hardly call it that when the states went and did there own thing stopping people from entering other states even at times of when compassion was necessary cutting off families, but its alright for the QLD ALP Premier to go to Tokyo games geez that's real leadership right there

A101

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:56 am

flyboysp wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
flyboysp wrote:

I personally think whist he can do better and nobody is perfect, but I'm not looking forward to an ALP win

Toenga

Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:58 am

In reply to A101.
I think the recent swing against the Ardern led Labour government is largely a manifestation of the current grim news feeds we are recieving from around the world. This in conjunction with our current, and our totally unaccustomed levels of covid deaths and hospitilisations here in spite of incredible efforts the vast majority of us have have maintained.
In short we are sick of the constraints of the last two years, they are not our fault, and we want things to change. Lots of things but we don't really know what just yet.
Incumbent powers will suffer from this type of thinking.

UAUA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:05 am

Kent350787 wrote:
flyboysp wrote:
UAUA wrote:
If Labour wins, there is no chance he can become the prime Minister right?

Seems that Labour is winning

What are the polls now?

Isn't Scott Morrison still the preferred PM?

By the way, historically liberals have more wins right?

777Jet

Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:53 am

A vote for Labor is a vote for Bill Shorten to become PM (he has always believed this to be his entitlement) within a year or two after his faceless mates spill Albo out.

Kent350787

Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:35 pm

777Jet wrote:
A vote for Labor is a vote for Bill Shorten to become PM (he has always believed this to be his entitlement) within a year or two after his faceless mates spill Albo out.

This sounds like scaremongering by an Albo hater. The leadership of both parties has been surprisingly stable this term.

UAUA wrote:

Morrison has a small lead as preferred PM in polling, and the gap has been overall closing. There haven't been polls yet covering the period after the flooding crisis. I don't recall the PM and opposition leader being this close in a very long time. Morrison's "lead" is a result of the composite figure, where more respondents "don't know" about Albanese as preferred PM. Morrison's most recent polling shows 41% satisfied, 55% dissatisfied and 4% don't know. For Albanese the figures were 44%, 42% and 14%.

Labor has a considerable lead in two party preferred polling which, if correct, makes the preferred PM polling immaterial.

Labor was in the political wilderness until 1972. SInce then, Labor held Government in 1972-1975, 1983-1997 and 2007-2013.

My personal view is that the Caolition got over the line at the last election because the electorate didn't really know Scott Morrison. This term the electorate has come to know him as a national leader on par with Billy McMahon. I am very hopeful that the ALP under Albo will win the election, but am wary of the very well funded populist "protest" party that is UAP.

A101

Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:18 am

Kent350787 wrote:
777Jet wrote:

This sounds like scaremongering by an Albo hater. The leadership of both parties has been surprisingly stable this term.

UAUA wrote:

Morrison has a small lead as preferred PM in polling, and the gap has been overall closing. There haven't been polls yet covering the period after the flooding crisis. I don't recall the PM and opposition leader being this close in a very long time. Morrison's "lead" is a result of the composite figure, where more respondents "don't know" about Albanese as preferred PM. Morrison's most recent polling shows 41% satisfied, 55% dissatisfied and 4% don't know. For Albanese the figures were 44%, 42% and 14%.

Labor has a considerable lead in two party preferred polling which, if correct, makes the preferred PM polling immaterial.

Labor was in the political wilderness until 1972. SInce then, Labor held Government in 1972-1975, 1983-1997 and 2007-2013.

My personal view is that the Caolition got over the line at the last election because the electorate didn't really know Scott Morrison. This term the electorate has come to know him as a national leader on par with Billy McMahon. I am very hopeful that the ALP under Albo will win the election, but am wary of the very well funded populist "protest" party that is UAP.

To be honest I was thinking of doing that or just getting my name ticked off at polling and casting a donkey, I am very weary of ALP and do not trust Albo and especially Penny Wong

So far neither side has demonstrated that they have earned my vote

VHVXB

Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:32 pm

777Jet wrote:

TBH this laughable considering the NSW liberals state and federal liberals have their own preselection issues at the moment.

Considering the Coalition have no real legislative agenda and haven't so for the last 8 years the only thing that will get them over the line is the continous politicisation of Kimberly Kitching's death.

Kent350787

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:32 am

A101 wrote:
To be honest I was thinking of doing that or just getting my name ticked off at polling and casting a donkey, I am very weary of ALP and do not trust Albo and especially Penny Wong

Interesting polling released by Roy Morgan yesterday, showing Scott Morrison with the greatest distrust score of currently serving politicians and Penny Wong, followed
by Anthony Albanese with the highest trust scores https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8933 ... 2203220543

Very pointedly, Clive Palmer had the highest distrust score, but is not a currently serving poliitician. The only currently serving UAP MP, Craig Kelly, had the 5th highest distrust score.

A101

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:05 am

Kent350787 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Interesting polling released by Roy Morgan yesterday, showing Scott Morrison with the greatest distrust score of currently serving politicians and Penny Wong, followed
by Anthony Albanese with the highest trust scores https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8933 ... 2203220543

Very pointedly, Clive Palmer had the highest distrust score, but is not a currently serving poliitician. The only currently serving UAP MP, Craig Kelly, had the 5th highest distrust score.

Problem with Albo with regards to the Kimberly Kitching is a case of do as I say not as I do, say's a lot about trust to me IMHO

Kent350787

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:31 am

A101 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Problem with Albo with regards to the Kimberly Kitching is a case of do as I say not as I do, say's a lot about trust to me IMHO

It would be interesting to see whether this has moved the dial on trustworthiness. Given the late Ms Kitching's alleged actions (leaking information to a Government minister) which seem to have been a catalyst for mistrust which may be been construed by some as bullying, I can't say I'd blame people if they chose not to be sweetness and light towards her.

If you don't trust Morrison or Albo and by association the parties they lead, at least spoil your ballot paper to vote informal rather than giving a vote to the even less trustworthy UAP - which we know will flow back to the Coalition anyway.

VHVXB

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:36 am

Kent350787 wrote:
A101 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

It would be interesting to see whether this has moved the dial on trustworthiness. Given the late Ms Kitching's alleged actions (leaking information to a Government minister) which seem to have been a catalyst for mistrust which may be been construed by some as bullying, I can't say I'd blame people if they chose not to be sweetness and light towards her.

I don't think it has and it should die a quick death, however, the media won't let it die.

pune

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:30 am

From the discussion above, ALP seems to be Albanese Labor Party. I am guessing Albanese is either a religion or a community or a popular region in Australia. Did know that Mr. Morisson bought coal to the parliament. And this is when world-over people and Governments are moving away from fossil fuels -

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/03/18/ge ... u-ice-ban/

The above was a bit of a shocker as there are so many auto manufacturers there who are still to make the transition and probably more than few auto major may bite the dust.

Kent350787

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:43 am

pune wrote:
From the discussion above, ALP seems to be Albanese Labor Party. I am guessing Albanese is either a religion or a community or a popular region in Australia. Did know that Mr. Morisson bought coal to the parliament. And this is when world-over people and Governments are moving away from fossil fuels -

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/03/18/ge ... u-ice-ban/

The above was a bit of a shocker as there are so many auto manufacturers there who are still to make the transition and probably more than few auto major may bite the dust.

Haha! Probably a factor of this thread being about Scott Morrison, his direct opponent in parliament.

Anthony Albanese (Known as Albo colloquially, and not named himself like Scott Morrison's adopted nickname) is the leader of the parliamentary Labor Party. He has a talented front bench, but it is difficult for many to get media attention. That said, in terms of the recent which politicains doing you trust/distrust survey, the ALP senate leader, Penny Wong, was rated 1, Albo was 2 and the Deputy ALP Leader, Tanya Plibersek. was 3.

Kiwirob

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:25 am

A101 wrote:
hh65man wrote:
I for one can’t wait for the election. Morrison has been terrible, I think Abbott was pretty poor too. With all the knifing in the back of sitting prime minister’s over the years I am fed up with how they gained the power to be PM. With Whats been mentioned so far up thread, plus the fiasco with same sex marriage debacle I’ve had enough with the Liberals. So Labour it’ll be, fingers be crossed….

And I imagine if the ALP get in Australia will be an economic basket case and forget about defence.

The last time the ALP were in not one combat ship was ordered

Someone needs to reign in the stupidity of Australia buying and operating nuclear subs.

Toenga

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 am

Scott Morrison has made much of his personal channel to God, via his very close relationship with the founder of the Hillsong evangelical church Brian Houston. A relationship so close Morrison wanted Houston to be included on his White House invitation to meet the President of The United States of America.
But now this very close relationship has became inconvenient to say the very least.
Brian Houston was first criminally charged for concealing the sexual crimes of his father, and now been found to have on more then one occasion to have significsntly mishaved sexually himself.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-24/ ... /100934680

A101

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:40 am

Kiwirob wrote:
A101 wrote:
hh65man wrote:
I for one can’t wait for the election. Morrison has been terrible, I think Abbott was pretty poor too. With all the knifing in the back of sitting prime minister’s over the years I am fed up with how they gained the power to be PM. With Whats been mentioned so far up thread, plus the fiasco with same sex marriage debacle I’ve had enough with the Liberals. So Labour it’ll be, fingers be crossed….

And I imagine if the ALP get in Australia will be an economic basket case and forget about defence.

Someone needs to reign in the stupidity of Australia buying and operating nuclear subs.

Please do tell why its not in the interest of the RAN to operate nuclear powered submarines?
Last edited by A101 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

A101

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:48 am

Toenga wrote:
Scott Morrison has made much of his personal channel to God, via his very close relationship with the founder of the Hillsong evangelical church Brian Houston. A relationship so close Morrison wanted Houston to be included on his White House invitation to meet the President of The United States of America.
But now this very close relationship has became inconvenient to say the very least.
Brian Houston was first criminally charged for concealing the sexual crimes of his father, and now been found to have on more then one occasion to have significsntly mishaved sexually himself.

Just because you do not like the mans religion, does that make him a bad person. Did Morrison have direct knowledge of the miss deeds of Brian Houston.

Just because i do not agree with the Hillsong Church and think they are a bit on the loopy side, but that being said he has more morals than than most

VHVXB

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:43 am

A101 wrote:
Toenga wrote:

Just because you do not like the mans religion, does that make him a bad person. Did Morrison have direct knowledge of the miss deeds of Brian Houston.

Just because i do not agree with the Hillsong Church and think they are a bit on the loopy side, but that being said he has more morals than than most

Dude where in that post is there any mention of not liking his religion, no where. Only today he said that he had not attended the Hillsong church in 15 years but was standing along Brain Houston in 2019 at the Hillsong Church conference. Like everything Morrison has touched in the last 3 year this has turned into shit and once again he is trying to distance himself from it.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... conference

The only thing keeping him afloat is the abysmal reporting of his performance by the media which is sadly forgotten by the electorate.

sierrakilo44

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:33 pm

A101 wrote:

The problem is Scott Morrison is putting his religious beliefs over running the country.

For instance late last year when Covid cases were rising, RAT tests were in short supply and state borders were still closed instead of managing those problems he made it a priority to pass a Bill that would make discrimination by religious people legal. So a business owner could sack a gay employee if they claimed their religion was against homosexuality, or a religious school could expel trans students.

This was what Scott Morrison was trying to do, then Australia into a quasi Saudi Arabia.

Added to his other failures of floods, fires, vaccines, quarantine, sexual harassment in parliament......

sierrakilo44

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Kent350787 wrote:

It’s interesting to look at the affiliations of those most and least trusted in Australia:

Least trusted:

1. Scott Morrison - right wing Liberal party
2. Peter Dutton - right wing Liberal party
3. Barnaby Joyce - right wing National party
4. Pauline Hanson - right wing One Nation party
5. Craig Kelly - right wing UAP
6. Dominic Perrottet - right wing Liberal party
7. Angus Taylor - right wing Liberal party
8. Michaelia Cash - right wing Liberal party
9. Josh Frydenburg - right wing Liberal party
10. Matthew Guy - right wing Liberal party

And contrast that to the most trusted list:

1. Penny Wong - left wing Labor party
2. Anthony Albanese - left wing Labor party
3. Tanya Plibersek - left wing Labor party
4. Mark McGowan - left wing Labor party
5. Jacqui Lambie - independent
6. Adam Bandt - left wing Greens.

Hmmmmm can anyone see a pattern there.....

And it’s funny how despite what some posters have said:

A101 wrote:
I am very weary of ALP and do not trust Albo and especially Penny Wong

eta unknown wrote:
-Someone actually suggested Penny Wong would be a good PM?!? She's said too many controversial things in the past that can be used against her.

Penny Wong has been ranked as opinion polls as the most trusted politician in Australia.

sierrakilo44

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:55 pm

Toenga wrote:

And Scott Morrison came out today and blatantly lied about his links to Brian Houston.

He said he had not been to Houston’s church for “about 15 years”, but then footage emerged of Morrison and Houston together at a church service in 2019. He also tried to get an invitation for Houston to join him in a White House visit and meet Donald Trump around the same time.

This was well after Houston was known to have covered up child sex abuse in his church.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/03/24/ha ... n-fallout/

Kiwirob

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:33 pm

A101 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
A101 wrote:

Please do tell why its not in the interest of the RAN to operate nuclear powered submarines?

I don’t care if the RAN wants them, it’s beside the point, the real isssue is is this a sensible choice for the region, it’s a destabilising choice. The RAN don’t need to operate in the South China Sea. I also don’t like the idea of a Nuclear submarine base in the Tasman Sea. I honestly don’t believe they will end up buying them anyway.

Toenga

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:40 pm

A101 wrote:

Perhaps taking more interest and spending more money with it's closest neighbours PNG and the Solomon Islands rather then just being a very active player in their extractive industries, mining and timber, would give them a much better security outcome then buying, maintaining and manning more warships?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-24/ ... /100937632

A101

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:14 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

The problem is Scott Morrison is putting his religious beliefs over running the country.

For instance late last year when Covid cases were rising, RAT tests were in short supply and state borders were still closed instead of managing those problems he made it a priority to pass a Bill that would make discrimination by religious people legal. So a business owner could sack a gay employee if they claimed their religion was against homosexuality, or a religious school could expel trans students.

This was what Scott Morrison was trying to do, then Australia into a quasi Saudi Arabia.

Was the country and Parliament meant to stop all other issues brought before it because of Covid?

And besides the only way the bill can be passed was with ALP support in which they indicated that they would. It was not just a bill before the Federal Parliament to be debated the Berejiklian Government also introduced legislation make religion a protected attribute from discrimination. The bill had its foundations from the debate back in 2017 when same sex marriage was legalised. Victoria was also going to change its religious discrimination laws. all the while Covid was ravaging the country and states were doing the own thing in regards to Covid

And no business owners cannot sack a current gay employee, that would be discriminatory under the current labour laws, its only under exceptional circumstance would misconduct outside the workplace could they be fired, what the bill does do is give to say the catholic church not to employee people because it goes against there religious beliefs, the only real difference is that those people within the employment process can legally use the religious belief as a reason not to employ where as before if they found out prior they just told them they were not successful for the job.

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Added to his other failures of floods, fires, vaccines, quarantine, sexual harassment in parliament.....

Do tell what were his failure's in the above areas

A101

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:43 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
A101 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

I don’t care if the RAN wants them, it’s beside the point,

Gee that a winning argument right there :hissyfit:

I guess the RAN knows there CONOPS better than you

Kiwirob wrote:
the real isssue is is this a sensible choice for the region,

Yes in a Australian context and treaties

Kiwirob wrote:
it’s a destabilising choice.

How so?

Kiwirob wrote:
The RAN don’t need to operate in the South China Sea.

One needs to look where ones trade goes, one needs to protect their sea lanes of communication

The PRC didn't need to build new militarized bases on atolls in the SCS against international law either

Kiwirob wrote:
I also don’t like the idea of a Nuclear submarine base in the Tasman Sea.

Another winning argument :rotfl:

Kent350787

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:07 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

It’s interesting to look at the affiliations of those most and least trusted in Australia:

Least trusted:

1. Scott Morrison - right wing Liberal party
2. Peter Dutton - right wing Liberal party
3. Barnaby Joyce - right wing National party
4. Pauline Hanson - right wing One Nation party
5. Craig Kelly - right wing UAP
6. Dominic Perrottet - right wing Liberal party
7. Angus Taylor - right wing Liberal party
8. Michaelia Cash - right wing Liberal party
9. Josh Frydenburg - right wing Liberal party
10. Matthew Guy - right wing Liberal party

And contrast that to the most trusted list:

1. Penny Wong - left wing Labor party
2. Anthony Albanese - left wing Labor party
3. Tanya Plibersek - left wing Labor party
4. Mark McGowan - left wing Labor party
5. Jacqui Lambie - independent
6. Adam Bandt - left wing Greens.

Hmmmmm can anyone see a pattern there.....

And it’s funny how despite what some posters have said:

A101 wrote:
I am very weary of ALP and do not trust Albo and especially Penny Wong

eta unknown wrote:
-Someone actually suggested Penny Wong would be a good PM?!? She's said too many controversial things in the past that can be used against her.

Penny Wong has been ranked as opinion polls as the most trusted politician in Australia.

I was leaving people to look at the research themselves. What you haven't quite captioned is the factions within the Coalition, with Morrison's factions nominally slightly to the left of Dutton, who is considered hard right. There is currently a battle in NSW between the right and the hard right over pre-selections - a month before the likely elections date, and the NSW Libs have not confirmed pre-selections as there is a court battle between the factions.

A101

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:13 pm

Toenga wrote:
A101 wrote:

Perhaps taking more interest and spending more money with it's closest neighbours PNG and the Solomon Islands rather then just being a very active player in their extractive industries, mining and timber, would give them a much better security outcome then buying, maintaining and manning more warships?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-24/ ... /100937632

Really that's the only place that Australia has an interest in, "Our foreign aid equates to roughly about 3 per cent of regional GDP"

It is only in the last few years that China is out spending money in the area, Australia simply cannot compete
Australia is in the position damned if it does and damned if it doesn't

https://devpolicy.org/the-indo-pacific- ... -20220325/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-09/ ... 82702?nw=0

Between 2011 to 2017, Australian governments poured at least $US6.5 billion ($8.76 billion) into aid projects across the region.

The second and third biggest aid donors in total over the last few years have been China and New Zealand.

Both those nations gave roughly $US1.2 billion ($1.6 billion) to Pacific Island nations over the same period — roughly one sixth the amount Australia donated.

One has to wonder about Chinese intentions in "foreign aid"
https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/china ... diplomacy/

Africa most likely shows the direction the programs to Pacific nations are

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/chin ... r-messiah/

sierrakilo44

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:31 pm

A101 wrote:

Was the country and Parliament meant to stop all other issues brought before it because of Covid?

Have you ever heard of prioritisation?

And besides the only way the bill can be passed was with ALP support in which they indicated that they would. It was not just a bill before the Federal Parliament to be debated the Berejiklian Government also introduced legislation make religion a protected attribute from discrimination. The bill had its foundations from the debate back in 2017 when same sex marriage was legalised. Victoria was also going to change its religious discrimination laws. all the while Covid was ravaging the country and states were doing the own thing in regards to Covid

The ALP didn’t support the bill in the Senate, which is why it failed. The government didn’t even bother to put it up for a vote lest they be embarrassed. And it looks as if the bill would have been ruled illegal in the High Court anyway.

Morrison could have pulled the states together using something called “leadership” which he lacks. John Howard managed to pull the states together in 1996 to support his gun control legislation despite some states not wanting to have it initially. But Morrison is a marketing guru not a leader. All spin no substance.

And no business owners cannot sack a current gay employee, that would be discriminatory under the current labour laws,

And the proposed bill would have made that legal, that was the problem with it.

what the bill does do is give to say the catholic church not to employee people because it goes against there religious beliefs,

You got that right - if an employee is gay, trans, divorced, living with a partner outside of marriage, even some religions count disabled people as against their beliefs”. People who eat food against a religion, wear clothes against a religion, drink alcohol against a religion. It’s legalised discrimination on the basis of religion.

Failure to prepare Australia with water bombers despite being warned before black summer, having a Hawaiian holiday and only coming back to Australia when called out by the media for it, only appearing at disaster sites for photo ops, failure to order multiple types of vaccines so when AstraZeneca had its problems there wasn’t sufficient Pfizer available as a backup, failure to provide remote quarantine centres allowing the virus to spread in the community, failure to deal with climate action for far too long, failure to deal with people like Porter getting cash in a brown bag on their doorstep, and that’s just what’s off the top of my head.

I’d be more interested from Morrison supporters on why they think he’s done a good job and deserves re-election.

Gladys Berejiklian called him a horrible person, Barnaby Joyce called him a fraud and a liar. That’s what the senior members of his own Coalition think of him.

sierrakilo44

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:51 pm

A101 wrote:

Firstly ASPI are a notorious neocon group.

Secondly do you think Australia just doles out foreign “aid” from the goodness of our heart? All foreign “aid” is influence buying, that’s foreign policy 101.

VHVXB

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:45 pm

Do tell what were his failure's in the above areas[/quote]

Failure to prepare Australia with water bombers despite being warned before black summer, having a Hawaiian holiday and only coming back to Australia when called out by the media for it, only appearing at disaster sites for photo ops, failure to order multiple types of vaccines so when AstraZeneca had its problems there wasn’t sufficient Pfizer available as a backup, failure to provide remote quarantine centres allowing the virus to spread in the community, failure to deal with climate action for far too long, failure to deal with people like Porter getting cash in a brown bag on their doorstep, and that’s just what’s off the top of my head.

[/quote]
This ineptitude includes his party as well
-failed integrity commission legislation
-approved $80mil water buy back from a property owned by Cayman Island based company which Angus Taylor used to be a director of
-Andrew Robb awarding 99 year lease to Chinese company. A year later later Andrew Robb leaves parliament to assume a position at the company as a consultant paying $800k
-Stuart Roberts charging tax payers 2k a month for home internet thus inappropriately claiming expenses. Later paid back.
-Vikki Campion as Matt Canavan's staffer despite parliamentary rules prohibiting jobs for partners
-Peter Dutton Au Pair intervention when border force refused entry into the country
-offshore detention facilities contract being handed to Paladin with little oversight
-Nick Zhao being offered $1mil by CCP to run as Liberal candidate in 2019, who ends up dead in his hotel, enter Gladys Liu either connections to CCP earns pre selection
-sport rorts which also implicates state liberals as well
-Robodebt. Which cost and killed more than labor's pink batt scheme

A101

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:30 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Have you ever heard of prioritisation?

Did he prioritise it over Covid though, can you show that?

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

The ALP didn’t support the bill in the Senate, which is why it failed. The government didn’t even bother to put it up for a vote lest they be embarrassed. And it looks as if the bill would have been ruled illegal in the High Court anyway.

Irrespective that it being stopped in the senate, the ALP did support it that cannot be denied, there were a few in the coalition whom crossed the floor on the issue
The bill passed the House of Representatives with Labour’s support just after 4am on Thursday after more than 10 hours of debate.

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Morrison could have pulled the states together using something called “leadership” which he lacks. John Howard managed to pull the states together in 1996 to support his gun control legislation despite some states not wanting to have it initially. But Morrison is a marketing guru not a leader. All spin no substance.

Totally different issue, Port Arthur massacre single issue, Howard certainly didn’t have the support of the states at all times

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
And no business owners cannot sack a current gay employee, that would be discriminatory under the current labour laws,

And the proposed bill would have made that legal, that was the problem with it.

Please show where in the bill that would have made that legal

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
what the bill does do is give to say the catholic church not to employee people because it goes against there religious beliefs,

You got that right - if an employee is gay, trans, divorced, living with a partner outside of marriage, even some religions count disabled people as against their beliefs”. People who eat food against a religion, wear clothes against a religion, drink alcohol against a religion. It’s legalised discrimination on the basis of religion.

Yes, for religious bodies, I personally do not see a problem that a church or school have the right not to employ someone based on the tenants of one’s faith, its just not aimed at Catholics but all denominations.
It’s pretty much on par with what the NSW Government did with school teachers and covid vaccinations, not fully vaccinated no job even though vaccinations were a personal choice

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Failure to prepare Australia with water bombers despite being warned before black summer,

State responsibility, but the federal government did provide funds to state governments
sierrakilo44 wrote:
having a Hawaiian holiday and only coming back to Australia when called out by the media for it,

Is he is not allowed to go on holidays?
You do realise we have a Deputy PM
NSW Emergency Services Minister David Elliott was om holiday in Europe, where is you condemnation for him
sierrakilo44 wrote:
only appearing at disaster sites for photo ops,

Really. As if he is the only politician in the world to do that
sierrakilo44 wrote:
failure to order multiple types of vaccines so when AstraZeneca had its problems there wasn’t sufficient Pfizer available as a backup,

Every country in the world had problems getting vaccines, you think the ALP could have magically conjured up supplies, you do release that the EU placed an embargo on Australia getting vaccines
https://www.9news.com.au/world/eu-italy ... b1135a23db
EU, Italy stop AstraZeneca vaccine exports to Australia
sierrakilo44 wrote:
failure to provide remote quarantine centres allowing the virus to spread in the community,

State responsibility
sierrakilo44 wrote:
failure to deal with climate action for far too long,

Really, I commend him for it, why destroy an economy for something that Australia could not change even if it wanted too
sierrakilo44 wrote:
failure to deal with people like Porter getting cash in a brown bag on their doorstep, and that’s just what’s off the top of my head.

And Morrison could do something about that how?
Ever wonder why most PM become so rich after leaving office, and that’s on both sides of the house

A101

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:32 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Secondly do you think Australia just doles out foreign “aid” from the goodness of our heart? All foreign “aid” is influence buying, that’s foreign policy 101.

But you are belting him over the head over it, as i said damned if we do damned if we do not

Kent350787

Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:26 am

A101 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

But you are belting him over the head over it, as i said damned if we do damned if we do not

I thought you'd decided you didn't trust either side? I still think your best option is to spoil your vote if you can't trust the Coalition or Labor.

I can't see anything positive in this term of Government that would attract a swinging voter to vote Liberal or National, and plenty to distrust, as the Roy Morgan polling suggests.

A101

Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:24 am

Kent350787 wrote:
A101 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

I thought you'd decided you didn't trust either side? I still think your best option is to spoil your vote if you can't trust the Coalition or Labor.

I can't see anything positive in this term of Government that would attract a swinging voter to vote Liberal or National, and plenty to distrust, as the Roy Morgan polling suggests.

I don't trust either side, but i also can not see the point in blaming for things outside his control. with the majority of the things they bring up are not in his domain

I am indeed a swinging voter now, I was once a rusted on ALP voter

Kent350787

Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:36 am

A101 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
A101 wrote:

I don't trust either side, but i also can not see the point in blaming for things outside his control. with the majority of the things they bring up are not in his domain

I am indeed a swinging voter now, I was once a rusted on ALP voter

As long as you don't swing to UAP, who really have nothing to offer. You're better off voting Liberal or National (depnding on your home seat).

Whilst I agree Morrison and his party have copped undeserved blame on a couple of things, politics is still about optics. I stand by my statement that the Coalition has acheived little in this term that should attract a swining voter.

sierrakilo44

Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:05 am

A101 wrote:

https://www.starobserver.com.au/news/ag ... ill/208879

Yes, for religious bodies, I personally do not see a problem that a church or school have the right not to employ someone based on the tenants of one’s faith, its just not aimed at Catholics but all denominations.

So can a gay boss sack workers because they are Christians? If that happened church groups would be up in arms but they want the ability to do it themselves

It’s pretty much on par with what the NSW Government did with school teachers and covid vaccinations, not fully vaccinated no job even though vaccinations were a personal choice

So you equate being protected from a deadly disease to giving bigots the right to sack LGBTQI persons due to their identity?

A101 wrote:

During a devastating national crisis? Are you serious with that reply?

You do realise we have a Deputy PM
NSW Emergency Services Minister David Elliott was om holiday in Europe, where is you condemnation for him

He should be condemned too, no surprise he’s also a member of the Liberal Party like Scott Morrison.

How many politicians grab hands of bushfire victims and heroic firefighters when specifically told not to solely to get a good PR photo?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=az4lkKjAsdI

Every country in the world had problems getting vaccines, you think the ALP could have magically conjured up supplies, you do release that the EU placed an embargo on Australia getting vaccines

The ALP had been calling for multiple types of vaccines to be ordered from late 2020. The Liberals stuck primarily with Astra Zeneca because multiple Liberal MP’s had shares in CSL, the company that manufactured AZ. Had Morrison taken up Pfizer’s offer Australia would have been 90% double vaxxed with Pfizer in July 2021, it took until December for that to happen. How many died in those 6 months?

State responsibility

WRONG! Australian Constitution section 51 (ix) clearly states quarantine is a FEDERAL, not state responsibility.

Really, I commend him for it, why destroy an economy for something that Australia could not change even if it wanted too

It’s called international responsibility and not being eventually sanctioned and left out of international agreements. And your lack of concern for climate change is telling.

And Morrison could do something about that how?

You’re not concerned with federal ministers getting bribes from unidentified sources and a Prime Minister who has no concern about where they came from?

A101

Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:46 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

https://www.starobserver.com.au/news/ag ... ill/208879

Still waiting for you to show where they can sack them for it the protected attributes under the Fair Work Act are:
Race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction, social origin.
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

So can a gay boss sack workers because they are Christians? If that happened church groups would be up in arms but they want the ability to do it themselves

Sexual orientation is not a religious belief or faith. There is no LGBTQI intuitions that have beliefs or faith
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

So you equate being protected from a deadly disease to giving bigots the right to sack LGBTQI persons due to their identity?

Its exactly the same thing, it called freedom of choice

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

During a devastating national crisis? Are you serious with that reply?

The problem here is you look in hindsight, the PM holiday would have been booked months in advance, we have bushfires in Australia all the time at the time of departure the fires were not that significant from fires in years gone by. Was it really a requirement to come back no it wasn’t as Kent350787 politics is still about optics and that is never going to change.
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

He should be condemned too, no surprise he’s also a member of the Liberal Party like Scott Morrison.

But he wasn’t was he, you are looking for a political scapegoat to suit your agenda in the current political arena.

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

How many politicians grab hands of bushfire victims and heroic firefighters when specifically told not to solely to get a good PR photo?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=az4lkKjAsdI

I agree it was not a good look, but a couple of weeks ago he was condemned for not having the media around for a visit to flood in Brisbane, you can’t have it both ways
Also, the video in question illustrates that the community did raise its concerns about the lack of equipment for that area and the responsibilities of the state government, if he told a few home truths in that he would have been condemned for insensitivity, it’s a fine line when inspecting these areas

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

The ALP had been calling for multiple types of vaccines to be ordered from late 2020. The Liberals stuck primarily with Astra Zeneca because multiple Liberal MP’s had shares in CSL, the company that manufactured AZ. Had Morrison taken up Pfizer’s offer Australia would have been 90% double vaxxed with Pfizer in July 2021, it took until December for that to happen. How many died in those 6 months?

Government did order Pfizer in November 2020 when the vaccine was still in clinical trials, the AstraZeneca we were to manufacture under licence here in Australia. Bit a long bow to suggest that we could have had it earlier when it was first clear for use by the UK in December2020 and then it was only to be used on a emergency basis
Even the Pro ABC put Chris Bowen pours cynicism on the ALP claim about the vaccine roll out
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-11/ ... d/13233572
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
State responsibility

WRONG! Australian Constitution section 51 (ix) clearly states quarantine is a FEDERAL, not state responsibility.

For international arrivals, but not domestic quarantine, once the government closed the borders it became a matter for state health authorities, Also the states struck a deal with the federal government to run quarantine hotels because they required federal government support for the state economies

sierrakilo44

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:47 am

A101 wrote:
Sexual orientation is not a religious belief or faith. There is no LGBTQI intuitions that have beliefs or faith

That’s not my point. What I’m saying is religious bosses want to fire gay employees. If gay bosses wanted to fire Christian employees there would be outrage form the right, but they support the reverse happening.

A101 wrote:

Again, goes back to my first argument. Religious people have the “freedom of choice” to fire gay people, what can’t I have the “freedom” to fire people who are religious?

A101 wrote:
The problem here is you look in hindsight, the PM holiday would have been booked months in advance, we have bushfires in Australia all the time at the time of departure the fires were not that significant from fires in years gone by.

A lot of fallacies. First off as multiple fire chiefs warned 2019/20 was going to be a bad season and said the federal government needs to buy water bombers, which they failed to do. The 19/20 season had started in WINTER!, and by November firefighters were finding traditional control methods were not effective, even before summer hit. Secondly the fires before Christmas were bad enough, in November, he should have been aware of this. Thirdly he didn’t tell anyone he was leaving, no official statement, he said he told Albanese but Albanese later said that was a lie. Lastly when he was spotted in Hawaii and came back “as fast as he could” because of “bad optics” it was revealed he had spent a day or two extra there, and there were multiple flights he could have returned on that he skipped. Don’t tell me the Prime Minister can’t get back on the first available flight.

A101 wrote:
But he wasn’t was he, you are looking for a political scapegoat to suit your agenda in the current political arena.

One is a state government junior minister, the other is the national Prime Minister. Obviously one is more well known and has more power.

A101 wrote:
I agree it was not a good look, but a couple of weeks ago he was condemned for not having the media around for a visit to flood in Brisbane, you can’t have it both ways
Also, the video in question illustrates that the community did raise its concerns about the lack of equipment for that area

It wasn’t just a good look, it was downright assault (he touched the firefighters hand after specifically being told not to)

When visiting the flood victims he banned media lest the locals gave him a hard time and only allowed Liberal PR approved footage to be broadcast. Pretty dictatorial stuff.

The federal government didn’t keep up with its NAFC commitments like the states did. The ALP had promised a fleet of water bombers at the 2019 election; and has proposed a national civilian disaster agency. The federal government can provide a lot of assistance in national emergencies, as long as the right party is in charge.

A101 wrote:
Bit a long bow to suggest that we could have had it earlier when it was first clear for use by the UK in December2020 and then it was only to be used on a emergency basis

There was an offer by Pfizer to 90% double Vax Australia by July 2021. It’s called redundancy and having multiplied options.

A101 wrote:

For international arrivals, but not domestic quarantine, once the government closed the borders it became a matter for state health authorities, Also the states struck a deal with the federal government to run quarantine hotels because they required federal government support for the state economies

The government shirked its constitutional responsibility and the states were forced to take up the slack. They did this because they they knew they could blame leaky quarantine hotel breakouts on state governments (well ALP ones at least). But there have been federally run quarantine centres (Howard Springs) and the Liberals should have built more.

You can’t just deflect and deny away the obvious failings of the Coalition government anymore. They’ve failed Australia over the last 9 years (especially the last 3) and have no vision or policy agenda for the future. Morrison is an ad guru with no substance.

VHVXB

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:50 pm

More incompetence, it's clear we have a child in the lodge. Will he use Jenny to bail him out of this one.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5a7xp.html

A101

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:04 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

That’s not my point. What I’m saying is religious bosses want to fire gay employees. If gay bosses wanted to fire Christian employees there would be outrage form the right, but they support the reverse happening.

Yes I do understand what you are saying, personally I not fussed as long as the person is qualified, but those religious body do have faith and belief and having someone whom holds the same beliefs within its teachings and institutions

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Again, goes back to my first argument. Religious people have the “freedom of choice” to fire gay people, what can’t I have the “freedom” to fire people who are religious?

Again it’s the religious institutions that want people within that hold the same beliefs that they do. I understand both sides of the arguments, it’s the same that business or corporation can apply for selective gender discrimination, Fernwood fitness for example is for women only

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
The problem here is you look in hindsight, the PM holiday would have been booked months in advance, we have bushfires in Australia all the time at the time of departure the fires were not that significant from fires in years gone by.

A lot of fallacies. First off as multiple fire chiefs warned 2019/20 was going to be a bad season and said the federal government needs to buy water bombers,

It’s not a federal responsibility to buy water bombing tankers. It’s a state responsibility

sierrakilo44 wrote:

The 19/20 season had started in WINTER!, and by November firefighters were finding traditional control methods were not effective, even before summer hit. Secondly the fires before Christmas were bad enough, in November, he should have been aware of this.

Again that is up to the states to manage its preventive bushfire programs.

It didn’t stop the NSWG from finding the funds to buy a 737 water bomber did it, funny that hey

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/austral ... hting/amp/

https://fireaviation.com/2021/07/21/uni ... australia/

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Thirdly he didn’t tell anyone he was leaving, no official statement, he said he told Albanese but Albanese later said that was a lie. Lastly when he was spotted in Hawaii and came back “as fast as he could” because of “bad optics” it was revealed he had spent a day or two extra there, and there were multiple flights he could have returned on that he skipped. Don’t tell me the Prime Minister can’t get back on the first available flight.

It would be common knowledge inside government that the PM would be going on holidays, his travel itinerary would not be made public for security reasons,

Again if he were to be there an extra couple of days, it is dependant on when he could get a flight I’m not going say he could or could not have got, if he traveled by RAAF VIP flight that is different. If the PM arrived in Australia two days prior could he have done anymore than what was being done?

Irrespective if Albo knew or there are systems in place that allows for contingency such as this. This was solely about optics in the media

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

One is a state government junior minister, the other is the national Prime Minister. Obviously one is more well known and has more power.

Agree one is well know, what you fail to realise is that was his job and portfolio being NSW Emergency Services Minister, and no the PM does not have more power in this, his role is to provide federal resources across government agencies to cut red tap in a time of state/ national emergency and to provide ADF help where they can, the ADF do have a limited amount of dual use equipment the ADF is not equipped to fight bushfires

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
agree it was not a good look, but a couple of weeks ago he was condemned for not having the media around for a visit to flood in Brisbane, you can’t have it both ways
Also, the video in question illustrates that the community did raise its concerns about the lack of equipment for that area

It wasn’t just a good look, it was downright assault (he touched the firefighters hand after specifically being told not to)

I’m not condoning what he did, but respect works both ways, irrespective if you think it’s just for media attention he has taken the time to see for himself the situation on the ground.

sierrakilo44 wrote:
When visiting the flood victims he banned media lest the locals gave him a hard time and only allowed Liberal PR approved footage to be broadcast. Pretty dictatorial stuff.

What do you want?
You bag him for if the media is there for a photo op, and now you bag him for not doing.

It’s the old saying you can’t please all the people all the time

sierrakilo44 wrote:
The federal government didn’t keep up with its NAFC commitments like the states did.

Care to provide information on that claim. NAFC do not actually own any aircraft they contract it out

It’s also interesting to note that it was the Coalition that set up NAFC

sierrakilo44 wrote:
The ALP had promised a fleet of water bombers at the 2019 election; and has proposed a national civilian disaster agency. The federal government can provide a lot of assistance in national emergencies, as long as the right party is in charge.

Easy to talk the talk, but on past experience the ALP when in power do not walk the walk.

It’s also noted in the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements

“As we note many times throughout our report, state and territory governments have primary responsibility – and accountability – for emergency management. We do not propose this should change.”

“8.32 We heard that it would not be ‘practical, sensible or cost-effective’ for any one state or territory to maintain all the necessary specialised aerial assets to address all its possible aerial firefighting needs. NAFC is responsible for ‘providing a cooperative national arrangement for the provision of aerial firefighting resources for combating bushfires’. NAFC performs this function by leasing a fleet of specialised aerial firefighting aircraft on behalf of the states’ and territories’ emergency services.”

https://naturaldisaster.royalcommission ... ble%5D.pdf

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
Bit a long bow to suggest that we could have had it earlier when it was first clear for use by the UK in December2020 and then it was only to be used on a emergency basis

There was an offer by Pfizer to 90% double Vax Australia by July 2021. It’s called redundancy and having multiplied options.

Can’t find anything to back up your claim, can you provide a link but that also would not have been achieved anyway as I said before the EU suspended deliveries to Australia of vaccine

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

The government shirked its constitutional responsibility and the states were forced to take up the slack. They did this because they they knew they could blame leaky quarantine hotel breakouts on state governments (well ALP ones at least). But there have been federally run quarantine centres (Howard Springs) and the Liberals should have built more.

You can’t just deflect and deny away the obvious failings of the Coalition government anymore. They’ve failed Australia over the last 9 years (especially the last 3) and have no vision or policy agenda for the future. Morrison is an ad guru with no substance.

Nope, the states were not forced to do anything. The states wanted its quid pro would as they knew they were going to need massive financial assistance to keep its own economy up, the federal government as easily ran the hotels. Lots of cruise ships could have been hired as floating quarantine accomodation

sierrakilo44

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:34 pm

A101,

I’m not going to continue responding to your massive posts as you are going around in circles spinning Morrison’s failures away, but it seems for the most part you try and shift responsibility away from Morrison as the PM for most things. The state government took up responsibility for a lot of things because the federal government simply refused to.

One of the defining marks of leadership is taking responsibility for all things you can influence. Morrison has not and will not take responsibility. He shifts blame, shirks tasks, passes the buck but is willing to inject himself into photo ops to take credit as much as possible.

Over time Australians have seen through him. The Scott Morrison Australians know now is different to the relatively unknown experience they had of him in 2019. Along with the ALP running a better campaign this time.

Look at the recent South Australian election. The Liberal Premier Steven Marshall did a relatively good job during the pandemic and was reasonably liked but still lost the election convincingly. The only reason I can think of for this is his Liberal brand association with Morrison and the Federal Liberals.

A101

Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:22 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101,

I’m not going to continue responding to your massive posts as you are going around in circles spinning Morrison’s failures away, but it seems for the most part you try and shift responsibility away from Morrison as the PM for most things. The state government took up responsibility for a lot of things because the federal government simply refused to.

One of the defining marks of leadership is taking responsibility for all things you can influence. Morrison has not and will not take responsibility. He shifts blame, shirks tasks, passes the buck but is willing to inject himself into photo ops to take credit as much as possible.

Over time Australians have seen through him. The Scott Morrison Australians know now is different to the relatively unknown experience they had of him in 2019. Along with the ALP running a better campaign this time.

Look at the recent South Australian election. The Liberal Premier Steven Marshall did a relatively good job during the pandemic and was reasonably liked but still lost the election convincingly. The only reason I can think of for this is his Liberal brand association with Morrison and the Federal Liberals.

Well back up your claims, it’s easy to throw mud and dirty everything up and hope it sticks, but it takes a fair bit of elbow grease to get everything nice and shiny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpbDAEWnnAY

sierrakilo44

Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:08 am

A101 wrote:
Well back up your claims, it’s easy to throw mud and dirty everything up and hope it sticks, but it takes a fair bit of elbow grease to get everything nice and shiny.

Paul Murray on Sky News! Probably the biggest right wing Morrison sycophant in Australian media today. He's basically a Liberal party PR mouthpiece.

As for Murray's points, most of it was just smug gloating about the 2019 election. The polls have changed since November, Albanese has drawn level with Morrison on preferred leader polling.

Don't forget Sky News was the channel that said Donald Trump was "definitely" going to win the 2020 US election and the "leftists" were going to be crying. Someone had better remind Paul Murray of these videos on his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsazo9LVog0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cjyaNK-hAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utTQa2HQdh0

It's funny looking back at them being so smug and so confident Trump would win.

In comparison to the arrogance of Sky News I'm not going to say the ALP will "Definitely" win the 2022 Australian Federal election. They certainly deserve to, and the polls have them leading at this point. But when 70% of newspapers in Australia are ruled by Rupert Murdoch we know a biased media campaign can turn the sway of the vote, and I expect a vicious anti-ALP campaign to help Morrison during this election cycle.

A101

Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:41 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Paul Murray on Sky News! Probably the biggest right wing Morrison sycophant in Australian media today. He's basically a Liberal party PR mouthpiece.

As for Murray's points, most of it was just smug gloating about the 2019 election. The polls have changed since November, Albanese has drawn level with Morrison on preferred leader polling.

Don't forget Sky News was the channel that said Donald Trump was "definitely" going to win the 2020 US election and the "leftists" were going to be crying. Someone had better remind Paul Murray of these videos on his channel:

In comparison to the arrogance of Sky News I'm not going to say the ALP will "Definitely" win the 2022 Australian Federal election. They certainly deserve to, and the polls have them leading at this point. But when 70% of newspapers in Australia are ruled by Rupert Murdoch we know a biased media campaign can turn the sway of the vote, and I expect a vicious anti-ALP campaign to help Morrison during this election cycle.

Oh well if that’s the best you can do.

I see you still have not substantiated any of your claims so far.

sierrakilo44

Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:15 am

[twoid][/twoid]
A101 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

If the best you can do is quote a far right news channel that was 100% convinced Trump was going to win the 2020 election (and then spread stolen election conspiracies rather than admit they were wrong)......

Overall, we rate Sky News Australia Right-Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that mostly favor the right. We also rate them borderline Questionable and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks, unproven claims, and the promotion of conspiracy theories and misinformation.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/sky-news-australia/

A101

Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:39 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
A101 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

If the best you can do is quote a far right news channel that was 100% convinced Trump was going to win the 2020 election (and then spread stolen election conspiracies rather than admit they were wrong)......

Overall, we rate Sky News Australia Right-Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that mostly favor the right. We also rate them borderline Questionable and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks, unproven claims, and the promotion of conspiracy theories and misinformation.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/sky-news-australia/

Not asking about whether media correctly predicted if trump was going to win the last US presidential election and you were the only one to bring that up why?

You have made a number of claims about the current federal government when are you going to substantiate them?

FYI the video i link was asking are the ALP making the same mistakes as the last election with Bill Shorten, that election the media also said the election was unlosable

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... n-saturday

sierrakilo44

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:05 am

A101 wrote:

Not asking about whether media correctly predicted if trump was going to win the last US presidential election and you were the only one to bring that up why[l

FYI the video i link was asking are the ALP making the same mistakes as the last election with Bill Shorten, that election the media also said the election was unlosable

I’d like for you to point out which media declared the election as “unloseable” prior to the 2019 election, because I’m having trouble finding any major ones that said that.

As opposed to Sky News Australia whom you use as a source, their last election prediction (not only a prediction, they directly said Trump Will Win) turned out spectacularly wrong.

There’s fundamental differences between 2019 and 2022, with the Australian people having seen Morrison’s response to several crises and the ALP running a better campaign.

Of course that doesn’t include the usual anti-ALP media campaign during the election campaign, plus tomorrow’s budget, no doubt the “small government” Liberals will splash out cash and cut taxes, and no one will mention the debt, 3 times higher than when Labor were in power when all we heard was “Labor’s Debt and Deficit Disaster!”