Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cpd

Re: Will Scott Morrison be re-elected?

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:38 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Not asking about whether media correctly predicted if trump was going to win the last US presidential election and you were the only one to bring that up why[l

FYI the video i link was asking are the ALP making the same mistakes as the last election with Bill Shorten, that election the media also said the election was unlosable

I’d like for you to point out which media declared the election as “unloseable” prior to the 2019 election, because I’m having trouble finding any major ones that said that.

As opposed to Sky News Australia whom you use as a source, their last election prediction (not only a prediction, they directly said Trump Will Win) turned out spectacularly wrong.

There’s fundamental differences between 2019 and 2022, with the Australian people having seen Morrison’s response to several crises and the ALP running a better campaign.

Of course that doesn’t include the usual anti-ALP media campaign during the election campaign, plus tomorrow’s budget, no doubt the “small government” Liberals will splash out cash and cut taxes, and no one will mention the debt, 3 times higher than when Labor were in power when all we heard was “Labor’s Debt and Deficit Disaster!”

Faster trains have arrived again, almost perfectly on time. It must be an election. The most on time train service in the world. ;) funny, LNP told us not to vote for Albanese on just exactly the same kind of train policy, but because LNP has now discovered these faster trains, we should vote for them?

I’m fairly sure we will see 90% of the media all run pro LNP articles.

A101

Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:49 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Not asking about whether media correctly predicted if trump was going to win the last US presidential election and you were the only one to bring that up why[l

FYI the video i link was asking are the ALP making the same mistakes as the last election with Bill Shorten, that election the media also said the election was unlosable

I’d like for you to point out which media declared the election as “unloseable” prior to the 2019 election, because I’m having trouble finding any major ones that said that.

As opposed to Sky News Australia whom you use as a source, their last election prediction (not only a prediction, they directly said Trump Will Win) turned out spectacularly wrong.

There’s fundamental differences between 2019 and 2022, with the Australian people having seen Morrison’s response to several crises and the ALP running a better campaign.

Of course that doesn’t include the usual anti-ALP media campaign during the election campaign, plus tomorrow’s budget, no doubt the “small government” Liberals will splash out cash and cut taxes, and no one will mention the debt, 3 times higher than when Labor were in power when all we heard was “Labor’s Debt and Deficit Disaster!”

:rotfl:

Keep deflecting mate, if you do not want to back up your claims or cannot just say so.

But in relation to the above even Bill Shorten said it, but we know you will come back with the usual media bias blah blah blah

All I am asking is for you to substantiate your earlier claims, remember I'm a swinging voter mate, who knows if you present a compiling argument to vote ALP ya never know what could happen

Bill Shorten says he lost the unlosable election because sinister forces conspired to spread lies and fear.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... -election/

ANU study shows how Labor lost the unlosable election

https://the-riotact.com/anu-study-shows ... ion/321850

As the country wakes to the realisation that Labor and Bill Shorten lost the unlosable election, attention will turn to what went so wrong for the Opposition.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison and his government defied years of opinion polls, political pundits and betting markets to scoop a stunning victory yesterday, which no one predicted.

And just for good measure without media bias

At 1.20pm on Wednesday 15 May, more than two days before the 2019 federal election,
Sportsbet tweeted it had paid out punters who backed Labor to win. “Punters rarely get
it wrong”, the Sportsbet tweet continued. The next day Sportsbet declared the federal
election “run and won, backing Labor into Winx-like odds of $1.16”. That’s an 86 per cent
probability of a Labor victory.

https://alp.org.au/media/2043/alp-campa ... w-2019.pdf

https://www.bigbonusbets.com.au/sportsb ... -election/

A101

Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:03 pm

cpd wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Faster trains have arrived again, almost perfectly on time. It must be an election. The most on time train service in the world. ;) funny, LNP told us not to vote for Albanese on just exactly the same kind of train policy, but because LNP has now discovered these faster trains, we should vote for them?

Really?

I distinctly remember the Morrison said he will commit money to investigate fast rail in a national plan

cpd

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:58 pm

A101 wrote:
cpd wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

Really?

I distinctly remember the Morrison said he will commit money to investigate fast rail in a national plan

I have a very long memory - they blast anything related to faster rail when the other side proposes it, then expect to promote the same ideas themselves.

I remember also the ICE Siemens Velaro train renderings with China Rail colour scheme and NSW Government Waratah logos on them a while back. Another example of the Australian fast train, always timed for a political win then leaves when everyone has forgotten about it. I don’t forget.

I hold them all to account.

The new policies are a stunt ahead of the election and some excuse will be made to not do anything. It is probably a non core promise.

Kent350787

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 pm

A101 wrote:
Really?

Let's just say that the National Faster Rail Agency hasn't wasted any of its funding on a flashy website. https://www.nfra.gov.au/

I expect that the NFRA CEO responsibility was added to the roles of one of the existing directors in the Department, and they were allocated an additional policy officer. I do like how the website talks up big the State majority funded work. It's like the team from Utopia engaged the office intern as the CEO of the agency.

How anyone can trust the Morrison Government on any statement at this stage truly beggars belief. If you feel you can't trust Labor either, please spoil your ballot.

sierrakilo44

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:18 pm

A101 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Keep deflecting mate, if you do not want to back up your claims or cannot just say so.

But in relation to the above even Bill Shorten said it, but we know you will come back with the usual media bias blah blah blah

All I am asking is for you to substantiate your earlier claims, remember I'm a swinging voter mate, who knows if you present a compiling argument to vote ALP ya never know what could happen

Bill Shorten says he lost the unlosable election because sinister forces conspired to spread lies and fear.

As the country wakes to the realisation that Labor and Bill Shorten lost the unlosable election, attention will turn to what went so wrong for the Opposition.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison and his government defied years of opinion polls, political pundits and betting markets to scoop a stunning victory yesterday, which no one predicted.

At 1.20pm on Wednesday 15 May, more than two days before the 2019 federal election,
Sportsbet tweeted it had paid out punters who backed Labor to win. “Punters rarely get
it wrong”, the Sportsbet tweet continued. The next day Sportsbet declared the federal
election “run and won, backing Labor into Winx-like odds of $1.16”. That’s an 86 per cent

None of those links confirm what I’m asking for. I said find me media that said the election is unloseable for Labor before the election.

sierrakilo44

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:25 pm

cpd wrote:
I have a very long memory - they blast anything related to faster rail when the other side proposes it, then expect to promote the same ideas themselves.

Especially considering it’s because of this government welfare for the housing industry that has made the cost of buying a house in Sydney so unaffordable young people can only find property in places like Newcastle.

The catch being a fast train to Newcastle will probably cause the price of housing to take off there too, enriching the property industry and further destroying the ambitions of a whole generation.

In fact it wouldn’t surprise me if the main goal for the fast train is to quickly bring Sydney property prices to places like Newcastle and eventually Canberra, Wollongong etc

A101

Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:33 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

None of those links confirm what I’m asking for. I said find me media that said the election is unloseable for Labor before the election.

How sad for you, just keep up the deflection when you substantiate your earlier claims I’ll show mine

How is that......deal?

A101

Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:19 am

Kent350787 wrote:
A101 wrote:
Really?

Let's just say that the National Faster Rail Agency hasn't wasted any of its funding on a flashy website. https://www.nfra.gov.au/

I expect that the NFRA CEO responsibility was added to the roles of one of the existing directors in the Department, and they were allocated an additional policy officer. I do like how the website talks up big the State majority funded work. It's like the team from Utopia engaged the office intern as the CEO of the agency.

How anyone can trust the Morrison Government on any statement at this stage truly beggars belief. If you feel you can't trust Labor either, please spoil your ballot.

Governments of both persuasions have been banging the drum of fast rail ever since Japan built the bullet train back in the 60's

A101

Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:03 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
cpd wrote:

Especially considering it’s because of this government welfare for the housing industry that has made the cost of buying a house in Sydney so unaffordable young people can only find property in places like Newcastle.

Geez you sound just like the pro remain crowd in Brexit, everything is Brexit fault.

But house prices are a little bit easier to show why they are high. Supply and demand, low interest rates 1at home buyers schemes and of course state government regulations.

Also if housing prices did crashed or stagnated you will most likely find the country going into recession, you might not have been around when interest rates were at 18%

sierrakilo44 wrote:
The catch being a fast train to Newcastle will probably cause the price of housing to take off there too, enriching the property industry and further destroying the ambitions of a whole generation.

That only stands to reason, increase the infrastructure and people will go there

sierrakilo44 wrote:
In fact it wouldn’t surprise me if the main goal for the fast train is to quickly bring Sydney property prices to places like Newcastle and eventually Canberra, Wollongong etc

What a silly thing to say, prices have already increased dramatically in all three place without the additional infrastructure of fast trains most of the increase is in Canberra

“Since the pandemic began (March 2020), house prices have risen 52 per cent, the highest rate of growth recorded across the capital cities,” she said.

https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/cbr-it ... n-1114913/

Sydney prices have only risen by

Sydney house prices rose a massive 33.1 per cent over the year, with the median house price in the city increasing to $1.6 million.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/aussi ... 59416.html

So sierrakilo44 I think you need to research better and be better informed

sierrakilo44

Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:08 am

A101 wrote:

Oh really:

Average house prices

Sydney: $1,499,000
Canberra: $1,074,000
Newcastle: $818,000
Wollongong: $850,000

https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/cbr-ca ... t-1098876/

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... -new-high/

https://www.openagent.com.au/blog/best- ... outh-coast

There’s the evidence. Canberra, Newcastle and Wollongong are cheaper than Sydney, at the moment, let’s see if they take off when the fast train makes a Canberra to Sydney CBD commute as fast as Parramatta to the CBD.

Oh wars the average wage? About $80-90k?

A101

Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:17 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Oh really:

Average house prices

Sydney: $1,499,000
Canberra: $1,074,000
Newcastle: $818,000
Wollongong: $850,000

https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/cbr-ca ... t-1098876/

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... -new-high/

https://www.openagent.com.au/blog/best- ... outh-coast

There’s the evidence. Canberra, Newcastle and Wollongong are cheaper than Sydney, at the moment, let’s see if they take off when the fast train makes a Canberra to Sydney CBD commute as fast as Parramatta to the CBD.

Oh wars the average wage? About $80-90k?

I guess you did not read the post to well than did you;

House prices in Canberra risen 52% since the start of the pandemic whilst prices in Sydney have risen 33% which means the housing market is hotter in Canberra than Sydney,

All that without the fast train project

sierrakilo44

Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:27 pm

A101 wrote:

House prices in Canberra risen 52% since the start of the pandemic whilst prices in Sydney have risen 33% which means the housing market is hotter in Canberra than Sydney,

You didn’t read mine.

I’m talking about raw house prices, not short term growth. The largest growth in house prices last year was in Hobart, of course the raw house price there is much less than Sydney and therefore more affordable

Anyway did you see Liberal Senator Concetta Fierravanti-Wells absolutely tear apart Scott Morrison, her own leader, tonight? Calling him an "an autocrat" and "a bully with no moral compass“?

How can he deny the Liberals are in disarray, now that the members of his own party are openly destroying him?

Given her attack how can any reasonable Australian cast a vote for the Liberal party?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-29/ ... /100949764

A101

Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:09 pm

I take it you are still not going to substantiate your earlier claims, I can then show you articles before the 2019 election referencing the unlosable election for Bill Shorten for which you want substantiated
sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

I’m talking about raw house prices, not short term growth.

No, you were not, you were trying to point the blame for housing affordability onto the current federal government ignoring the fundamentals of why prices have increased dramatically of which I pointed out earlier, (supply and demand and low interest rates and 1st home owner grants)

There have been sales within the inner Newcastle suburbs in excess of a million dollars, is that affordable for a 1st home buyer?

And then you said;
The catch being a fast train to Newcastle will probably cause the price of housing to take off there too, enriching the property industry and further destroying the ambitions of a whole generation

Which has proven to be false as housing prices in the Hunter region have increased on average of 32.5% on par with Sydney, Newcastle itself has risen 28% a rate of increase only surpassed in 1989 when they increased by 35% will you blame that on PM Bob Hawke after all it was a ALP Prime Minister at the time

You also said

Is that your inherit bias on show, remember that is also a policy of the Federal ALP to build a fast train to Newcastle and Canberra, so by association from what you are saying above that the ALP wants to see that happen as well

sierrakilo44 wrote:
The largest growth in house prices last year was in Hobart, of course the raw house price there is much less than Sydney and therefore more affordable

Raw house prices are not just an indication of affordability its measured on % of income to repayment and disposable income which puts people into mortgage stress, the current record of low interest rates and lenders willingness has left open the possibility of a market correction when interest rates rise and people moving into negative equity with a possibility of oversupply on the market and mortgagee sales in the future

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Anyway did you see Liberal Senator Concetta Fierravanti-Wells absolutely tear apart Scott Morrison, her own leader, tonight? Calling him an "an autocrat" and "a bully with no moral compass“?

No didn’t see it, didn’t watch the budget either, but good on her just goes to show that people can voice an opinion good or bad on their leaders, nothing unusual in that happened to ALP PM Gillard in her term of office when Labour Senator Trish Crossin lashed out in regards to preselection with Nova Peris when she also was going to an election, always going to be winners and losers when doing battle for elections its been going on since federation in 1901, the old saying you cant please all the people all the time

sierrakilo44 wrote:
How can he deny the Liberals are in disarray, now that the members of his own party are openly destroying him?

Seems you are looking for confirmation bias

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Given her attack how can any reasonable Australian cast a vote for the Liberal party?

Because most people will see it for what it was, an attack because she didn’t get the result she wanted, when you drill down into it.
From your own link
The conservative senator from New South Wales will leave politics at the next election after being placed in an unwinnable position on the party's Senate ticket.

sierrakilo44

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:51 am

I’ve never seen a Labor member thoroughly destroy their own leader in parliament whilst in government like Fierravanti-Wells did last night.

It was epic.

Adds to Barnaby’s “fraud and liar” comments

As I’ve said before given the media usually favours the Coalition in election campaigns there’s a good chance they’ll come back in the polls and squeak out a narrow win, but I would pray they lose, if only to see the meltdown on Sky News on election night.

Especially from that massive turd Paul Murray.

Kent350787

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:10 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
I’ve never seen a Labor member thoroughly destroy their own leader in parliament whilst in government like Fierravanti-Wells did last night.

It was epic.

As I’ve said before given the media usually favours the Coalition in election campaigns there’s a good chance they’ll come back in the polls and squeak out a narrow win, but I would pray they lose, if only to see the meltdown on Sky News on election night.

Yet CFW's speech has mostly gone from front pages. Where it is still there, it's in the context of Morrison trying to tie it back to sour grapes over preselection. Why is this not ongoing news given the blanket coverage of the Kitching allegations?

Thankfully the election date is likely to be formally announced this weekend. Even with the "free money" Budget announced last night, surely people overall know they can't trust Morrison and co generally, ;et alone trusting them to run the country in the interests of the people?

sierrakilo44

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:28 am

Kent350787 wrote:
Yet CFW's speech has mostly gone from front pages. Where it is still there, it's in the context of Morrison trying to tie it back to sour grapes over preselection. Why is this not ongoing news given the blanket coverage of the Kitching allegations?

Kitching’s allegations were pure hearsay, she never was recorded saying them, no formal complaint was made. Blanket media coverage, and it was later shown her “bullying” was in fact appropriate punishment for leaking internal ALP info to the Liberals. She was a snitch who got punished so she had a cry about it.

Firrevanti-Wells, along with Jacqui Lambie, have openly got up in parliament and on the media in the last week and directly said they were bullied by Morrison. Disappears quickly from the media.

Just pure evidence the Australian media is biased towards the Coalition. A blind dog should be able to see it.

Thankfully the election date is likely to be formally announced this weekend. Even with the "free money" Budget announced last night, surely people overall know they can't trust Morrison and co generally, ;et alone trusting them to run the country in the interests of the people?

Nah people’s memories are short. They’ll think ScoMo is on their side by cutting petrol prices, and then after the election when the short term tax cut expires they’ll go back to hating him.

Australian people have the memory of a goldfish, especially if the media is propping up one candidate

Willjet

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:18 am

How in the world is Scomo "good"? I am curious as to what metric you're using?
He botched every single crisis we had over the last 3 years and deflected blame over and over. His actions were, and continue to be antithesis to the whole concept of leadership.

The only block supporting him are the rabid landlords who are willing to screw up the current and next gens in their "f**k you, got mine" mentality.

sierrakilo44

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:29 am

Willjet wrote:
How in the world is Scomo "good"? I am curious as to what metric you're using?
He botched every single crisis we had over the last 3 years and deflected blame over and over. His actions were, and continue to be antithesis to the whole concept of leadership.

The only block supporting him are the rabid landlords who are willing to screw up the current and next gens in their "f**k you, got mine" mentality.

When you consider 70% of newspapers are owned by Murdoch, and then the Nine media group is chaired by former Liberal Treasurer Costello, and then there’s 7 West chaired by Kerry Stokes, most media in this nation has a vested interest in keeping the Liberals in power.

That’s why so many posters here in the know have complained about the obvious media bias towards the Coalition.

The whole fact the polls aren’t 90% to Labor, only about 53-55% is a disgrace. Just wait til the campaign starts and all the media write stories about how “evil” the ALP are and how the ALP want to “steal our retirement money” and “tax you to the eyeballs”. It’ll quickly drop to 50/50

A101

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:07 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Kitching’s allegations were pure hearsay, she never was recorded saying them, no formal complaint was made.

Then why was Anthony Albanese call for the PM to have a formal inquiry into Christian Porter, there was no formal complaint in that instance either.
Hypocrisy alive and well and at work within the ALP
sierrakilo44 wrote:

and it was later shown her “bullying” was in fact appropriate punishment for leaking internal ALP info to the Liberals. She was a snitch who got punished so she had a cry about it.

So, you actually condone bullying as long as it suits your position?

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Firrevanti-Wells, along with Jacqui Lambie, have openly got up in parliament and on the media in the last week and directly said they were bullied by Morrison

Well why didn’t they make a complaint at the time?
Could it be in Concetta case it is just sour grapes, and Jacki Lambie actually got a concession out of Morrison, I’d say she gave as good as she received

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Just pure evidence the Australian media is biased towards the Coalition. A blind dog should be able to see it.

Care to provide a link towards this evidence or will it be just another unverified claim by you?

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

Nah people’s memories are short. They’ll think ScoMo is on their side by cutting petrol prices, and then after the election when the short term tax cut expires they’ll go back to hating him.
Australian people have the memory of a goldfish, especially if the media is propping up one candidate

All members of parliament only care about getting elected then staying elected, the only time MP will be truly held to account is if they were to be sack for failure for gross negligence and then all that would achieve is paralysis within government to scared to do anything for fear of getting the sack prematurely and not getting their obscene pension after 7 years until the day they die, unlike the plebes how have to soldier own until retirement age

A101

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:13 am

Kent350787 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

It was epic.

Why?
That's easy to figure out, because there is no rumbling from the ALP to hold an investigation because it will only highlight the hypocrisy in not holding there own, the ALP want this to go away to stop the spotlight on their own failings

Kent350787 wrote:

See what Albo comes up with in the budget reply speech and the pork barreling on the election trail, it will come just as the day follows the night

sierrakilo44

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 am

A101 wrote:

Being caught leaking information to the opposition and then being subject to disciplinary action isn’t bullying. It’s appropriate punishment for going against your own party. Kitching didn’t like it so she had a sook

Care to provide a link towards this evidence or will it be just another unverified claim by you?

Between Murdoch, the world’s biggest right wing media conglomerate and Costello, a former Liberal treasurer, they have the Australian, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, Courier Mail, Advertiser, Mercury, Sky News, news.com.AU, SMH, Age, Channel 9 plus more right wing talkback radio like 2GB and 3AW and internet sites like the Daily Mail. Kerry Stoke’s 7 West traditionally backs the Federal Liberals too.

Who’s left? The Centre left Guardian, the ABC which has been weakened to the point of being neutered by the Liberals,
Last edited by sierrakilo44 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

alanb976

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:57 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

CFW's speech was near the top of the page online on the "The Australian", "The Age" and the ABC for me so hardly hidden away on the mainstream media including Murdoch's.

Kitching's allegations weren't hearsay. She spoke with Deputy Leader Richard Marles who hasn't clarified what she told him but hasn't denied it either. Labor member Michael Danby gave an interview describing the treatment she had received. Even her husband referred to her being bullied in his eulogy.

I think it's fair to say that bullying and bad treatment exist on both sides of parliament. The "snitching" Kimberley Kitching did was to warn Linda Reynolds that she was about to be attacked by Labor over the late-night incident involving Brittany Higgins. So her sin was in trying to show some empathy and compassion for someone on the other side.

A101

Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:33 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Being caught leaking information to the opposition and then being subject to disciplinary action isn’t bullying. It’s appropriate punishment for going against your own party. Kitching didn’t like it so she had a sook

When was the disciplinary meeting?

Did the bullying continue after the disciplinary meeting, if they continue ostracise from within the workplace then it is s a clear-cut case of bullying.

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

Between Murdoch, the world’s biggest right wing media conglomerate and Costello, a former Liberal treasurer, they have the Australian, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, Courier Mail, Advertiser, Mercury, Sky News, news.com.AU, SMH, Age, Channel 9 plus more right wing talkback radio like 2GB and 3AW and internet sites like the Daily Mail. Kerry Stoke’s 7 West traditionally backs the Federal Liberals too.
Who’s left? The Centre left Guardian, the ABC which has been weakened to the point of being neutered by the Liberals,

All you have shown is that these people own majority shareholding of these media groups who just happen to currently voting towards the coalition, a lot of these media reports are also negative towards the PM and MP’s where there is a story which sell content.

In regards to the Murdoch media like most people he has his own views at the time has endorsed many labour leaders in his time, in fact Kevin Rudd (07) had the support of the some of editors of Murdoch owned papers which included The Australian, The Courier-Mail, The Daily Telegraph, The Mercury and the NT News.
Again in 2010 under Julia Gillard also had the backing from some Murdoch editors with the Sunday Herald Sun, Adelaide’s The Advertiser, Hobart’s The Mercury and the NT News endorsing Julia Gillard

Murdoch himself has backed many ALP leaders in elections Arthur Calwell (63) Gough Whitlam (72) Bob Hawke (84 & 87) the 2013 election Rudd made it clear the Murdoch was in his sights, well then you know the rest since then.

A101

Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:07 am

alanb976 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:

CFW's speech was near the top of the page online on the "The Australian", "The Age" and the ABC for me so hardly hidden away on the mainstream media including Murdoch's.

It was high up there in the morning, but seemed to lose its appeal within online media after the PM spoke on national television

alanb976 wrote:
Kitching's allegations weren't hearsay. She spoke with Deputy Leader Richard Marles who hasn't clarified what she told him but hasn't denied it either. Labor member Michael Danby gave an interview describing the treatment she had received. Even her husband referred to her being bullied in his eulogy.

I think it's fair to say that bullying and bad treatment exist on both sides of parliament. The "snitching" Kimberley Kitching did was to warn Linda Reynolds that she was about to be attacked by Labor over the late-night incident involving Brittany Higgins. So her sin was in trying to show some empathy and compassion for someone on the other side.

Agree I hear that Penny Wong has an acid tongue when she wants, that no children rebuke from Wong was pretty much over the top which is both offensive and harassment on her part

sierrakilo44

Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:13 am

alanb976 wrote:

Kitching’s supposed accusations were mainly stories for 3 weeks. CFW is already slipping, as has Jacqui Lambie’s allegations. Both wired publically.

You need to look up the definition of hearsay. We have no evidence of the specific acts, just being kicked off the internal committee for leaking information to the enemy.

Danby was from Kitching’s faction, and her husband a notorious political operative. Both are out of the party and have sought revenge on the ALP for perceived transgressions. Poor form to mention it at a funeral especially when it has not been established as a cause of death.

No it was to protect the Liberals. What the ALP leaders won’t say out of respect, but other will, is that Kitching was going further right over the years to the point her political opinions weren’t matching Labor anymore:

https://twitter.com/twensor/status/1505 ... ZqqG7aloWg

Also wasn’t shy about dishing out her own medicine at times:

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/03/22/ki ... alk-about/

Anyway we’ll probably not be hearing much more about bullying politicians now that Morrison has been accused of it.

sierrakilo44

Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:24 am

A101 wrote:
In regards to the Murdoch media like most people he has his own views at the time has endorsed many labour leaders in his time, in fact Kevin Rudd (07) had the support of the some of editors of Murdoch owned papers which included The Australian, The Courier-Mail, The Daily Telegraph, The Mercury and the NT News.
Again in 2010 under Julia Gillard also had the backing from some Murdoch editors with the Sunday Herald Sun, Adelaide’s The Advertiser, Hobart’s The Mercury and the NT News endorsing Julia Gillard

Murdoch himself has backed many ALP leaders in elections Arthur Calwell (63) Gough Whitlam (72) Bob Hawke (84 & 87) the 2013 election Rudd made it clear the Murdoch was in his sights, well then you know the rest since then.

As of 2020 Murdoch campaigned against the ALP in 18 out of the previous 18 state and federal elections where they have a presence.

You can only point to a bare handful of papers a decade ago going for Julia Gillard (but not the mainstay papers the Australian, Daily Tele, Courier Mail or weekday Herald Sun). But in the last decade it’s obvious where Murdoch’s positions lay.

It’s obvious Murdoch has gone way far right in the last decade. About 10-15 years ago Sky After Dark didn’t exist, then all the far right numpties found a joke.

A101

Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:33 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

As of 2020 Murdoch campaigned against the ALP in 18 out of the previous 18 state and federal elections where they have a presence.

The only thing that suggests to me is that Murdoch in his own view does not support the ALP candidates and the policies they present which he has every right to do. You also have to remember it was Rudd/Gillard that approached Murdoch to either support them or remain neutral in his reporting, Rudd made a rod for his own back in 2013 and the ALP haven’t done anything since to change his mind.

sierrakilo44 wrote:
You can only point to a bare handful of papers a decade ago going for Julia Gillard (but not the mainstay papers the Australian, Daily Tele, Courier Mail or weekday Herald Sun). But in the last decade it’s obvious where Murdoch’s positions lay.

What that show is that he gives his editors free reign and control and the fact is that Julia Gillard reached out and she could only convince a small number of editors to support her, not all liberal PM had the support of Murdoch its well-known of the frosty relationship of Malcom Turnbull and the editors within Murdoch media, both the ALP and Libs had varied support of the Fairfax media group as well so it’s not just Murdoch media group.

It also suggest that the current lot within the ALP have not been able to convince the editors to openly support them from Shorten and currently Albanese

A101

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:47 pm

Its interesting to note while I am pessimistic on Australia future if the ALP win the next election, it really amazes me that how the ALP actually has not really changed from the last time they were in office senior shadow cabinet positions are majority occupied by the same people as the last Rudd ALP government.

Think its another case of same ole agendas within the ALP, a leopard doesn't change its spots

https://www.governmentnews.com.au/kevin ... full-list/

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... ook/Shadow

sierrakilo44

Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:29 am

A101 wrote:
Its interesting to note while I am pessimistic on Australia future if the ALP win the next election

I’m not, I’m overjoyed by it, as a majority of Aussies it seems

it really amazes me that how the ALP actually has not really changed from the last time they were in office senior shadow cabinet positions are majority occupied by the same people as the last Rudd ALP government.

In the last long standing Gillard Cabinet right before the two months of Rudd (can hardly call the last Rudd cabinet a proper one) it was Gillard (no longer in Parliament), Swan as Deputy (no longer in Parliament), Rudd as last PM (no longer in Parliament, Stephen Conroy as Senate leader (no longer in Parliament), Stephen Smith as House leader (no longer in Parliament), and other senior figures like Bob Carr, Jenny Macklin, Peter Garrett, Craig Emerson, Greg Combet, Gary Gray who are all now out of Parliament.

The only real senior figures left are Albanese, Wong, Plibersek and Shorten who remain from that era.

And I don’t see that as a negative, I think those 4 (especially Wong and Plibersek) would take a hot steaming dump over any member of the Liberal or National as Prime Minister.

Kent350787

Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:59 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
The only real senior figures left are Albanese, Wong, Plibersek and Shorten who remain from that era.

And I don’t see that as a negative, I think those 4 (especially Wong and Plibersek) would take a hot steaming dump over any member of the Liberal or National as Prime Minister.

It may also be that the Government's performance this term has been so poor because so many experienced Liberals (in particualar) jumped ship at the last election, expecting a Labor win.

The outcome at this election is not a given, but Labor is running a measured campaign, letting the Coalition trip over themselves. I'd expect that, if not for Ms Kitching's untimely death, there would have been relatively little coverage of that factional contretempts. And now CF-W's factional tantrum seems to have gathered a little more steam with Lambie and Hanson weighing in on MOrrison's character, confirming the claims of others, women mostly, from within the Libs in particualr around Morrison's bullying.

I saw someone suggest yesterday that Frydenberg or someone not yet in Parliament will be the next Liberal PM, and Dutton will be the next Liberal leader. At this stage, that seems a very fair assessment.

A101

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:52 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
It’s interesting to note while I am pessimistic on Australia future if the ALP win the next election

I’m not, I’m overjoyed by it,

That goes without saying
sierrakilo44 wrote:
as a majority of Aussies it seems

I doubt ¾ of the population would give a damn about politics and who wins

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:
it really amazes me that how the ALP actually has not really changed from the last time they were in office senior shadow cabinet positions are majority occupied by the same people as the last Rudd ALP government.

In the last long standing Gillard Cabinet right before the two months of Rudd (can hardly call the last Rudd cabinet a proper one) it was Gillard (no longer in Parliament), Swan as Deputy (no longer in Parliament), Rudd as last PM (no longer in Parliament, Stephen Conroy as Senate leader (no longer in Parliament), Stephen Smith as House leader (no longer in Parliament), and other senior figures like Bob Carr, Jenny Macklin, Peter Garrett, Craig Emerson, Greg Combet, Gary Gray who are all now out of Parliament.

Out of the 23 current shadow Ministries there are 15 minister who were part of cabinet in the Rudd plus 2 who were Shadow Assistant Ministers which means the current shadow ministry is made up out of a whopping 75% of the last failed Rudd ALP government.

Albanese has a strong support for the spendathon policies under Rudd, I think if the ALP do get in Australia is looking at a far left policies of the real Anthony Albanese a Rudd 2.0 clone

A101

Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:01 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:

Its also interesting to note as from my above, I also did a comparison on the 2nd Gillard ministry, they too have 15 minsters from that era 2 less than from Rudd's last ministry

sierrakilo44

Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:53 am

A101 wrote:
Albanese has a strong support for the spendathon policies under Rudd, I think if the ALP do get in Australia is looking at a far left policies of the real Anthony Albanese a Rudd 2.0 clone

Have a look at the graphs bro:

https://independentaustralia.net/politi ... ears,14261

The Libs have taken Labor’s debt of $250 billion and made it $800 billion. With their election budget it’s only going up. At least Labor might see some of the handouts go to people in need rather than handouts to fossil fuel emitters and religion.

And you really need to drop that “far left” labelling when it comes to Labor. They haven’t even been “left wing” since Keating, at best centre-left to centrist.

Do you think everything that is to the left of Sky News is “far left”? To educate you “Far left” is Communism or Marxism or parties dedicated to overthrow of the capitalist economic system. That is not a policy of the ALP or even the Greens. There are no parties in parliament in Australia with far left ideology:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... esentation

The only parties in the 2019 Senate election that were far left were Socialist Alliance and Socialist Equality. They got a total of 0.15% of the vote.

sierrakilo44

Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:33 pm

To make the Australian political landscape clear:

Far Left: Socialist Alliance and Communist Party (none currently in Parliament
Left: Greens
Centre Left: ALP
Centrist: hard to nail down but I’d say some of the Independents like Zali Steggal and Nick Xenophon
Centre Right: Liberal moderates like Malcolm Turnbull
Right: Liberal conservatives like Dutton Abbott and Morrison
Far Right: One Nation, UAP, Fraser Anning and all the other anti migrant parties

A101

Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:41 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
A101 wrote:

The Libs have taken Labor’s debt of $250 billion and made it $800 billion. With their election budget it’s only going up. At least Labor might see some of the handouts go to people in need rather than handouts to fossil fuel emitters and religion.

Plus, the 25Billion surplus left behind by John Howard when Rudd first became Prime Minister, admittedly the ALP was for the GFC and the current increase is due to the covid 19 pandemic

The liberal era post Rudd Government was about improving infrastructure like roads rail links, Snowy Hydro 2.0. NBN replacing and building new naval ships 2nd international airport sydney

Reducing the small business tax rate, Instant Asset write-off for SME, Personal income tax cuts
Why didn't the ALP cut all subsides to fossil fuels, because they need votes
sierrakilo44 wrote:
And you really need to drop that “far left” labelling when it comes to Labor. They haven’t even been “left wing” since Keating, at best centre-left to centrist.
Do you think everything that is to the left of Sky News is “far left”? To educate you “Far left” is Communism or Marxism or parties dedicated to overthrow of the capitalist economic system. That is not a policy of the ALP or even the Greens. There are no parties in parliament in Australia with far left ideology:

Its about the tail wags the dog in regards to Albo.

Anthony Albanese starts his political career in the late 1980’s being elected to Assistant General Secretary of the New South Wales branch of the Labour Party with the backing of the “Socialist Left” factions which had its genesis in the early 70’s of two left factions. In the 1971 State Conference, the Socialist Left ran candidates against the mainstream Left faction which were made up of Trotskyists.

With factional rivalry building and the creation of young labour saw a split within soft left. saw the realignment and a new power grouping, led by Anthony Albanese and maintained close links with other hard left wing groups Communist Party of Australia and the African National Congress. Whist he was the AGS of the ALP he conducted an interview with “The Tribune” the official paper of the communist party. We need to be wary of Albanese deep-seated ideologies once he becomes PM

Its no wonder that the CCP's mouth piece the Global Times has endorsed Anthony Albanese and Trotskyism

sierrakilo44

Re: Will Scott Morrison be re-elected?A

Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:47 am

A101 wrote:

Where do we start with this one.......
Last edited by sierrakilo44 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sierrakilo44

Re: Will Scott Morrison be re-elected?A

Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:11 pm

A101 wrote:

Where do we start with this one.......

Anthony Albanese starts his political career in the late 1980’s being elected to Assistant General Secretary of the New South Wales branch of the Labour Party with the backing of the “Socialist Left” factions which had its genesis in the early 70’s of two left factions. In the 1971 State Conference, the Socialist Left ran candidates against the mainstream Left faction which were made up of Trotskyists.

So to start you’re talking about student politics in 1971, when Albo was......8 years old. In 1971 a faction which he was a part of almost 20 years later had some candidates that may have been Trotskyists.......

The Labor left faction are considered ideologically left wing to centre left anyway, not “far left”:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Left

maintained close links with other hard left wing groups Communist Party of Australia and the African National Congress.

Maintained links.....not advocated their positions..... (and how is wanting Apartheid in South Africa ended a bad thing?)

Whist he was the AGS of the ALP he conducted an interview with “The Tribune” the official paper of the communist party. We need to be wary of Albanese deep-seated ideologies once he becomes PM

So according to your standards if a figure does an interview with a publication, no matter how long ago then that figure is supportive of that publication?

Here’s a Greens Senator being interviewed by Sky News, so the Greens must be politically aligned with the views of Sky, right......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTW6Vku6qec

Now what did Albo say in that “communist newspaper” interview? Basically he was anti nuclear, pro environment and pro equality. Three pretty obviously good things that even the current Liberal party are fans of. Nothing about wanting to overthrow Australia’s capitalist system and replace it with a communist system. Nothing at all.

To reiterate this the current Communist Party of Australia has stated they don’t like Albanese:

https://mobile.twitter.com/communist_au ... -socEpAAAA

Could you please point to CURRENT statements by Albanese where he states it’s a policy of Labor to institute communism? I’m only interested in current policies that effect the people, not who one candidate may have been mates with 30 years ago. If you want to get into that battle let’s talk about Morrison’s more recent links with Brian Houston and his QAnon mate.......

Its no wonder that the CCP's mouth piece the Global Times has endorsed Anthony Albanese and Trotskyism

Actual communists aren’t fans of the current Chinese government. And whether you like it or not China will be our largest trading partner and migrant intake for years to come, so it is essential to have a leader who can talk to them diplomatically.

sierrakilo44

Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:23 pm

In more relevant news rather than who gave an interview to some publication 30 years ago, new information coming to light that Morrison has a more recent history of using racism in order to gain pre selection to his electorate of Cook:

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/new ... ection#mtr

This was also confirmed by Morrison seeking to use anti-Muslim sentiment to win votes in elections:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/morriso ... 1awmo.html

This man does not govern for all Australians

qf789

Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:24 am

Thread has run its course and will be locked