Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: John Gruden 'resigns' as NFL Raiders head coach over old offensive e-mails

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Redd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Redd wrote:
If you want to cancel culture to work, the double standard has to be dropped. (It won't be, so it'll never work) Take Emma Sulkowicz, mattress girl, who falsely accused a fellow college student of rape and caused devastation in his life. While Emma walked around in some sick and twisted performance 'art' project, carrying a mattress around campus to symbolize the weight of rape she carries on her shoulders, her victim had his life ruined.

After it was found out that she fabricated the rape story, she faced no consequences, not only that, she won 'Woman of Courage' award from some women's magazine for bringing attention to rape! She didn't even get her degree revoked! The stories like this are endless.

Where is the woke-mob's outrage about this incident and others like it? There is and was none, they were busy burning J.K Rowling books because she said gender is a fact.

So forgive me for having doubts about a hypocritical mob of book burning lunatics having the ability to judge people and end careers. It's absurd.

As someone who has implemented employer policies you might consider 'woke', I can say you interpret this 'double standard' with too wide of a brush. Within organizations, there is a lot of pressure from lawyers to get investigations and disciplinary actions right. That pressure has led to many industry-standard best practices over time. The double standard you speak of exists mostly in the realm of media commentary. I have investigated employee claims that were proven false - those employees were disciplined for doing so. I have also been involved in dismissals of individuals who acted inappropriately at work. Nobody has been 'busy burning JK Rowling books' in my circle of colleagues and acquaintances - they are too busy trying to get the facts and take actions impartially.

The Columbia case was clearly mishandled by the university, and that's why they had to pay big $$$ to the German student involved. But as you may recall, that story only gained traction because the NY Post and other tabloid outlets were chomping at the bit to criticize the university and name the poor fellow. To me, there were multiple parties responsible for causing damage to the German kid, not just Ms. Sulkowicz. Her degree was not revoked because of wealth privilege, not because of woke politics - her parents are well-connected Manhattanites. You say 'stories like this are endless' but that's really a drop in the bucket compared to actual impropriety against women - the facts simply bear that out. If you have data suggesting otherwise, I'd be interested to see it.

The Columbia case wasn't only mishandled by the University, but also by law enforcement and the woke mob. SHE GOT WOMAN OF COURAGE AWARD! by the same people who are busy cancelling others.

This woke mob gave a this 'woman' an award for falsely accusing a guy of rape, destroying the guys' life at the time, and I'm sure far into the future. The same people that are busy cancelling people who send some racist emails are giving awards to women that should be in jail. I'ts disgusting, there is no, NO EXCUSE for that kind of disgusting behavior.

Her degree wasn't revoked exactly due to woke politics, not 'wealth privilege', the same woke politics that awarded her for courage. And don't dismiss this by saying it's a drop in the bucket compared to what happens to women, because that is insane.

So what you're saying is that we should ignore wrongs and crimes against men because history? Would you feel okay with your life ruined by some crazy bItch because women in the past before you were born had less rights than men? You'd be good with that? lol

The "woke mob" gave her an award for a statement piece she did on sexual assault, not because she reported a guy for sexual assault. Stop trying to say this one case proves something. It proves this one case. That's all. We have, in writing, what Gruden did. We have facts to back up cases of sexual assault at Ohio State. We have facts to back up cases of sexual assault by men against women in any number of professions. One case does not negate anything.