Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:47 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Opinion | Terry McAuliffe Bet on Voters Hating Trump. Turns Out They Dislike Democrats More.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ats-518716

Yeah, keep that up Dems. While you focus on Trump Hate, we will keep winning elections on matters that mean more to folks.


Again that's more on McAuliffe's failed messaging than anything - there was no reason for him to focus on that. Youngkin was not close to Trump and distanced himself in all the right ways.
 
CometII
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 6:02 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:19 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Opinion | Terry McAuliffe Bet on Voters Hating Trump. Turns Out They Dislike Democrats More.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ats-518716

Yeah, keep that up Dems. While you focus on Trump Hate, we will keep winning elections on matters that mean more to folks.


Again that's more on McAuliffe's failed messaging than anything - there was no reason for him to focus on that. Youngkin was not close to Trump and distanced himself in all the right ways.


But did he really? He wants to restrict abortion even more using a "pain threshold" (which surely he must know plenty about), wants to make Critical Race Theory and the "culture wars" an issue to stir his base, and thinks nothing need be done about overly powerful, militarized, and poorly trained police departments, by doubling down on blindly defending police actions no matter what they do, without any objective analysis case by case. Those all sound like Trump subject matter. And Trump is relevant since he is the leader of the Republicans.

The problem with both the far left and right over the last three decades is that they see the natural rejection of the opponents ideological extremism every election cycle swing, as an endorsement of their own extremism. Which is why they get defeated in the next cycle, and the process begins again.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:30 am

The election is rigged, the polls were hacked, RECOUNT TIME
 
petertenthije
Posts: 4394
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:37 am

Another election? Is there ever not an election in the USA? They're still counting the ballots from the presidential election!
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 3639
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:47 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Opinion | Terry McAuliffe Bet on Voters Hating Trump. Turns Out They Dislike Democrats More.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ats-518716

Yeah, keep that up Dems. While you focus on Trump Hate, we will keep winning elections on matters that mean more to folks.


Again that's more on McAuliffe's failed messaging than anything - there was no reason for him to focus on that. Youngkin was not close to Trump and distanced himself in all the right ways.


This...

They may have put Biden in office because he's not Trump, but that's about it. And as expected Biden is ineffective (and I did vote for him...) and it's also hurting Dems overall. McAuliffe didn't even run on his own record for god sake...

Oh, and keep saying how everyone that disagree with you, even slightly, a "fascist" or "racist" never helps. McAuliffe should ask his friend Hillary...
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 14731
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:53 am

stl07 wrote:
The election is rigged, the polls were hacked, RECOUNT TIME


I would think NJ will be a recount that is so close and Nassau county NY exec Curran won't concede so that could be a recount it's also close.

I am surprised, I guess Biden is much more unpopular than we think.
 
acavpics
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:05 pm

Well. As you can see, this wasn’t a great night for Democrats.

In a way this is good for them because it is a strong wake up call for action come 2022 midterms. They’ve still got a year to turn things around. We’ve got lessons learned from not just this year but even last year (remember dem’s abysmal performance in the house and state legislatures that they hoped to make gains/flip).
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8939
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Both parties need to learn to stop listening to the crazies out on your fringes. Most interestingly, both sides crazies overlap in many ways. Deal with reasonable solutions to problems—fiscal security, expand the tax base while reducing rates, key in on real solutions like fixing base infrastructure, end hidden subsidies to both business and individuals. Come with a global defense strategy, then figure out the means to enable it.

We have this exceedingly stupid idea of putting up a headline budget number before we have idea where it’s needed.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:34 pm

A few points:
1.) Gee no one is contesting the election, calling "fraud" etc.! Guess some are able to be grown up about things.
2.) I don't get where or why Dems in Congress and elsewhere think they have some kind of "mandate" or ability to go crazy and push whatever they want. They have a slim near non-existent majority and CAN focus on supporting things they prefer but that is it. Passing things is limited to the middle and real compromise.
3.) The Dems acting like they have been, like "now is time to ram through anything and everything" has caused many moderate voters to withhold support.

Tugg
 
Elkadad313
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:55 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
Defund the police movement derailed. :)


Of course it did - I have been saying since summer of 2020 there is zero widespread support for that, even in MSP.

Many influential in the MSM tried to convince us it was a real possibility.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4164
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:12 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Both parties need to learn to stop listening to the crazies out on your fringes. Most interestingly, both sides crazies overlap in many ways. Deal with reasonable solutions to problems—fiscal security, expand the tax base while reducing rates, key in on real solutions like fixing base infrastructure, end hidden subsidies to both business and individuals. Come with a global defense strategy, then figure out the means to enable it.

This. It's pretty clear that most people are center-ish. It's also pretty clear that people don't mind voting for Republicans, but they didn't want to vote for Trump. Last year's general and this year's midterms make that very clear. Trump should take note of that before he decides to actually run in 2024. He's more valuable as a kingmaker than a king.
 
SoCalPilot
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:37 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Biden was +10 in Virginia and +16 in NJ this past election. If this isn't a wake up call for Democrats then I don't know what is.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24174
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:30 pm

Elkadad313 wrote:
Defund the police movement derailed. :)


That is a right wing talking point. They are the only ones still on about it. Just like obsessing over AOC and critical race theory. As long as right wing media keeps on their unhinged rants about those things, their base will follow.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1876
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:35 pm

luckyone wrote:
This. It's pretty clear that most people are center-ish. It's also pretty clear that people don't mind voting for Republicans, but they didn't want to vote for Trump. Last year's general and this year's midterms make that very clear. Trump should take note of that before he decides to actually run in 2024. He's more valuable as a kingmaker than a king.



I think it’s also a sign that gubernatorial races are a bit more of a wildcard than presidential elections. You can have blue states with a red governor that will still go blue for the President.

For example Massachusetts-so blue that the Democratic candidates don’t even bother visiting. Yet elects republican governors almost nonstop since the early 90s. The only exception was a few years of Deval Patrick…who many consider to be one of the worst governors the state has had in decades.
 
Elkadad313
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:55 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:51 pm

seb146 wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
Defund the police movement derailed. :)


That is a right wing talking point. They are the only ones still on about it. Just like obsessing over AOC and critical race theory. As long as right wing media keeps on their unhinged rants about those things, their base will follow.

It was a major left wing talking point until it became toxic. :o
 
737307
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Elkadad313 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Elkadad313 wrote:
Defund the police movement derailed. :)


Of course it did - I have been saying since summer of 2020 there is zero widespread support for that, even in MSP.

Many influential in the MSM tried to convince us it was a real possibility.


Don't read or give any credence to MSM. :idea:
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Let's congratulate the GOP. They won on broad messages of racism, lies, and anti-educational agendas in an off election year. It will probably create more firestorms going into 2022 and 2024.

In Virginia the items that put Youngkin over the top were probably the grocery tax and suspension of the Gas Tax. A hard right swing on the social agenda , which will happen, will probably galvanize the Democrats in 2022 in the state
 
WA707atMSP
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:07 pm

The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan, who has been one of the WSJ's few anti-Trump columnists, warned a few weeks ago that Democrats are governing as if most of the country supports them, without remembering how close last year's elections were.

Last night's results indicate that voters aren't happy with how progressive the Democratic agenda this year has been. Democrats need to do a better job of focusing on what middle America wants, not just what voters in Atherton, Brentwood, and Manhattan want.

One interesting thing: in Minneapolis, three incumbent city councilors that supported defunding the police, who live in districts with large Black populations were voted out of office and replaced with council members who supported keeping the police department in its current form. Although police violence is a very serious problem, voters are more concerned about the horrific rise in murders in Minneapolis, and they want to live in safer neighborhoods.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 14731
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:08 pm

seb146 wrote:

That is a right wing talking point. They are the only ones still on about it. Just like obsessing over AOC and critical race theory. As long as right wing media keeps on their unhinged rants about those things, their base will follow.


This isn't a talking point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... a767612fce

Your party for the most part, or the crazies running it are very anti police and they paid for it last night and will continue to pay for it next year.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That is a right wing talking point. They are the only ones still on about it. Just like obsessing over AOC and critical race theory. As long as right wing media keeps on their unhinged rants about those things, their base will follow.


This isn't a talking point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... a767612fce

Your party for the most part, or the crazies running it are very anti police and they paid for it last night and will continue to pay for it next year.


That claim has been debunked time and again since the Floyd protests. Polling last March indicated around 30% support for 'defund' among Dems, even less among independents.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/54210 ... the-police

The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.
 
cairns
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:58 pm

CometII wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Opinion | Terry McAuliffe Bet on Voters Hating Trump. Turns Out They Dislike Democrats More.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ats-518716

Yeah, keep that up Dems. While you focus on Trump Hate, we will keep winning elections on matters that mean more to folks.


Again that's more on McAuliffe's failed messaging than anything - there was no reason for him to focus on that. Youngkin was not close to Trump and distanced himself in all the right ways.


But did he really? He wants to restrict abortion even more using a "pain threshold" (which surely he must know plenty about), wants to make Critical Race Theory and the "culture wars" an issue to stir his base, and thinks nothing need be done about overly powerful, militarized, and poorly trained police departments, by doubling down on blindly defending police actions no matter what they do, without any objective analysis case by case. Those all sound like Trump subject matter. And Trump is relevant since he is the leader of the Republicans.

The problem with both the far left and right over the last three decades is that they see the natural rejection of the opponents ideological extremism every election cycle swing, as an endorsement of their own extremism. Which is why they get defeated in the next cycle, and the process begins again.


That's an incredibly extremist view of police departments and Youngkin's views on abortion. Youngkin won because he is a moderate, the Dems are the ones making CRT part of the culture wars (and it is backfiring big time) and the Dems are the ones saying things like "defund the police", "we have too many white teachers" and "parents should have no say in what their kids are taught". All of which is anathema to the average voter.

Saying a six year old white kid is an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for Manila or Pearl Harbor. The Dems, for whatever reason, don't understand that. Your statements make that clear.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:15 pm

cairns wrote:
Saying a six year old white kid is an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for Manila or Pearl Harbor. The Dems, for whatever reason, don't understand that. Your statements make that clear.


More partisan TV talking points completely without nuance. Please cite where in any curriculum six year olds are being taught they are responsible for slavery. Most districts in the country don't even touch the subject in any detail until 4th or 5th grade.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/how-i ... dy/2018/02

In the article's mentioned recommended guidelines for teaching the topic, there is no mention of making children 'responsible'. Please, this stuff is just silly.

Dems have not magically inserted CRT into the culture wars either - it has been a framework for understanding inequities in application of the law in law schools since the 1970s. That's another dumb talking point.
 
MohawkWeekend
Posts: 1211
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: 2021 Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:22 pm

" The MAGA wing of the GOP is blaming gas prices on Dems, but the big picture is global production stops and massive layoffs last year by US/global energy companies that did not plan for the pandemic wind-down demand spikes because they were preserving profit margins."

Actually all the oil companies lost billions last year so there wasn't much profit to preserve. The Democrats will own the high energy prices because they are the ones arguing against expanded drilling, new pipelines, and yes that evil coal. The average voter looks at that price at the pump or their utility bill. And then they could care less about global climate change.
Biden knows this - at press conference this week he was asked about allowing higher prices as a deterrent to consumption and he said he was against that. But voters know what party is most actively against the use of fossil fuels.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 14731
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:29 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.


Except when getting rid of police gets on the ballot like it did? Does the radio world run with this stuff? Sure but it is based on the far left disdain for law enforcement and it does reflect their reality.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: 2021 Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:30 pm

MohawkWeekend wrote:
" The MAGA wing of the GOP is blaming gas prices on Dems, but the big picture is global production stops and massive layoffs last year by US/global energy companies that did not plan for the pandemic wind-down demand spikes because they were preserving profit margins."

Actually all the oil companies lost billions last year so there wasn't much profit to preserve. The Democrats will own the high energy prices because they are the ones arguing against expanded drilling, new pipelines, and yes that evil coal. The average voter looks at that price at the pump or their utility bill. And then they could care less about global climate change.
Biden knows this - at press conference this week he was asked about allowing higher prices as a deterrent to consumption and he said he was against that. But voters know what party is most actively against the use of fossil fuels.


I really don't understand why it's so difficult to use nuance on complex issues. Dems are against leaving future fossil fuel use as-is, not against their use entirely. As I said, Dems will own the high energy prices because so many people are low-information voters, and anyone who had Econ 101 in college or high school has long since forgotten basic macroeconomic principles.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.


Except when getting rid of police gets on the ballot like it did? Does the radio world run with this stuff? Sure but it is based on the far left disdain for law enforcement and it does reflect their reality.


That still does not reflect reality. MSP is one municipality out of how many tens of thousands nationwide? And it had no chance of winning on the ballot, and predictably failed.

Even as the 50 largest U.S. cities reduced their 2021 police budgets by 5.2% in aggregate—often as part of broader pandemic cost-cutting initiatives—law enforcement spending as a share of general expenditures rose slightly to 13.7% from 13.6%, according to data compiled by Bloomberg CityLab. And many cities like Minneapolis and Seattle have watered down or put on pause changes that were proposed or even passed at the height of the 2020 demonstrations against racism and police brutality.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2021 ... e-funding/

City budgets are available to the public - the partisan media machine just likes to fling crap around like monkeys and avoid the real numbers.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:37 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.


Except when getting rid of police gets on the ballot like it did? Does the radio world run with this stuff? Sure but it is based on the far left disdain for law enforcement and it does reflect their reality.

That post was regarding the constant drivel being peddled by right wing media that "CRT is being taught to kids." It's not. That is fearmongering and a created talking point which weak minded people and those that do no research further than what they hear from a talking head, believe.

It is true that some were moronic enough to push "defund" and think it was a good idea. But that is not what that reply was about.

Tugg
 
flyguy89
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That is a right wing talking point. They are the only ones still on about it. Just like obsessing over AOC and critical race theory. As long as right wing media keeps on their unhinged rants about those things, their base will follow.


This isn't a talking point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... a767612fce

Your party for the most part, or the crazies running it are very anti police and they paid for it last night and will continue to pay for it next year.


That claim has been debunked time and again since the Floyd protests. Polling last March indicated around 30% support for 'defund' among Dems, even less among independents.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/54210 ... the-police

The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.

You’re right to an extent, but you can’t waive it all away as some phantom issue…you had the city council of a major American city pledge to defund their police department and it’s been pushed in various forms by activist groups as ballot measures in many jurisdictions. This was a policy area where activists and certain progressive Democrats clearly overplayed their hand and was not in alignment with the desires of most Democrat voters even. Sure, you can say the Democrat party never “officially” endorsed such a position…but they certainly didn’t go out of their way to refute such policies.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.


Except when getting rid of police gets on the ballot like it did? Does the radio world run with this stuff? Sure but it is based on the far left disdain for law enforcement and it does reflect their reality.

That post was regarding the constant drivel being peddled by right wing media that "CRT is being taught to kids." It's not. That is fearmongering and a created talking point which weak minded people and those that do no research further than what they hear from a talking head, believe.

It is true that some were moronic enough to push "defund" and think it was a good idea. But that is not what that reply was about.

Tugg


Yes, when 'defund' never got above 30%, the partisan outrage mongers still insist it's a platform of the left. Same with CRT, banning fossil fuels, etc. This level of idiocy is no different than the claim by SJWs that anyone who voted Trump is racist by association.
 
acavpics
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Hey Dems, instead of going on and on about Trump, racism etc.

Talk about CONCRETE and FEASIBLE policies to reduce emissions, expanding healthcare access, improving education, safely managing COVID-19 so that people can be safe still DO THEIR JOBS, REFORMING (not abolishing nor defunding) police and ICE,reducing crime.
And also make some STRONG counterarguments to Republicans when they call you "socialists."

Charisma won't get you a victory. Shouting "We hate Trump." "America is racist. " "Conspiracy theorists" or "Defund the police." won't do it either.

Maybe then, 2022 won't be such a red-wave washout after all.
You've got a year. Get your act together!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:09 pm

acavpics wrote:
Hey Dems, instead of going on and on about Trump, racism etc.

Talk about CONCRETE and FEASIBLE policies to reduce emissions, expanding healthcare access, improving education, safely managing COVID-19 so that people can be safe still DO THEIR JOBS, REFORMING (not abolishing nor defunding) police and ICE,reducing crime.
And also make some STRONG counterarguments to Republicans when they call you "socialists."

Charisma won't get you a victory. Shouting "We hate Trump." "America is racist. " "Conspiracy theorists" or "Defund the police." won't do it either.

Maybe then, 2022 won't be such a red-wave washout after all.
You've got a year. Get your act together!


Unfortunately no one can have that conversation with a lot of the folks pushing the lies that come out of Right wing media. Fighting lies of CRT, lies of charter schools, and the lies about voting access do not work when 67% of the opposition does not believe in the math or the election that occurred in 2020.

Make no mistake about it , the right is winning their battle of misinformation, and it is easy to do as the polices enacted continue to make live more miserable for their supporters in rural and less educated communities. However the misinformation continues to result in less extreme members of the GOP to lose elections, and continues to push the party to the right.

90% of your post comes from misinformation that is spewed out of hate machines for money and control.
 
StarAC17
Posts: 4279
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
Is America stuck in a perpetual cycle of elections, fundraising for elections, mid terms, speculation of who’ll run, campaigning, analysing, off year elections.....?

In other countries it’s call an election, vote 6 weeks later, government sworn in on Monday, forget for 3 years.


Oh absolutely, electioneering is its own cottage industry here. You have consultants, coordinators, PR people etc. who make campaigns their full-time business. It never ends. The two major parties are also constantly prospecting for new candidates as well.


The ironic part is that those consultants really don't know what the heck they are doing. Most of what they do costs the candidates votes as its all inauthentic nonsense.

If you are not likable, you are not likable. No amount of campaigning is going to improve this.

leader1 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
Is America stuck in a perpetual cycle of elections, fundraising for elections, mid terms, speculation of who’ll run, campaigning, analysing, off year elections.....?

In other countries it’s call an election, vote 6 weeks later, government sworn in on Monday, forget for 3 years.



Uhhh...what about Canada? Trudeau called a snap election because he thought it was politically expedient for him. Nobody wanted that election, especially since the last one was just two years before. And the results? No different...his party gained a few more seats, but he still has a minority government. You honestly think this is a better way?


Yes the Canadian election was a waste of time. However we aren't really campaigning for the next one unless it comes soon. In the event of a majority government there is not a lot of campaigning until maybe 6 months out of the official date the campaign starts.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Opinion | Terry McAuliffe Bet on Voters Hating Trump. Turns Out They Dislike Democrats More.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ats-518716

Yeah, keep that up Dems. While you focus on Trump Hate, we will keep winning elections on matters that mean more to folks.


I don't lean conservative at all but it is very laughable how the democrats fail and fail.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:32 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
I don't lean conservative at all but it is very laughable how the democrats fail and fail.

It is amazing how stupid they have been since Biden was elected. Primarily the Democrat leadership and the Progressives wing. Just dumb.

They could have shored things back up, solidified things that had been under assault. But instead decided to "go for it all" without even knowing if the public would support it and, even dumber, without the support of the legislators needed for such things.

Of course the Republican's were that same when they had their moment too.

Still, just dumb.

Tugg
 
FGITD
Posts: 1876
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:41 pm

casinterest wrote:

Unfortunately no one can have that conversation with a lot of the folks pushing the lies that come out of Right wing media. Fighting lies of CRT, lies of charter schools, and the lies about voting access do not work when 67% of the opposition does not believe in the math or the election that occurred in 2020.


It’s the never ending battle of the progressive. It’s very difficult to enact change. The problem is that even when solid, concrete ideas are placed out there…all it takes is the other side saying no. You don’t need a counter point, or a different plan. You just say no. It’s a lot easier to sell people on “don’t you like how things are or used to be?!”

And the misinformation battle is impossible. You can’t win against people who claim every fact, every source, every perspective…is a lie. Except theirs. Congress could spend weeks debating whether or not the White House is actually white. You could present facts, photos, blueprints, even guided tours, and there will still be dissenters who’s only argument is “yea well I heard a guy who knows people who painted it, and they say it’s actually a very light pink”

And above all else, the issue comes down to the government not governing for the people anymore. Look at Joe Manchin, the centrist hero. People in his own state overwhelmingly approved of Biden’s infrastructure plan (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... an-popular) and YET…Manchin says no. I’m sure it has nothing to do with those lobbyists checks from Exxon, or his daughter being a major player in pharmaceuticals.
 
MohawkWeekend
Posts: 1211
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:49 pm

FGITD wrote:
casinterest wrote:


"And above all else, the issue comes down to the government not governing for the people anymore. Look at Joe Manchin, the centrist hero. People in his own state overwhelmingly approved of Biden’s infrastructure plan (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... an-popular) and YET…Manchin says no. I’m sure it has nothing to do with those lobbyists checks from Exxon, or his daughter being a major player in pharmaceuticals.


Not even close. Manchin has made it clear that he is for the infrastructure plan but against the larger social issues one. In fact, he was just on TV railing against his Democratic colleagues who are holding infrastructure hostage to the second bill.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
The talk radio / partisan rag talking points exist only to muddy the water - they don't reflect reality at all.


Except when getting rid of police gets on the ballot like it did? Does the radio world run with this stuff? Sure but it is based on the far left disdain for law enforcement and it does reflect their reality.

That post was regarding the constant drivel being peddled by right wing media that "CRT is being taught to kids." It's not. That is fearmongering and a created talking point which weak minded people and those that do no research further than what they hear from a talking head, believe.

It is true that some were moronic enough to push "defund" and think it was a good idea. But that is not what that reply was about.

Tugg


Yeah only except that the it's in the Virginia Dept of Education website. Again disingenuous liberals keep trying to say CRT is not being taught to kids. Well it is certainly being instructed to it's teaching staff. Liberals have been ramming race and gender issues down everyone's throat for the last few years and regular people are sick of it. You start messing with the kids now it's a real problem. I won't speak to Virginia but progressives are on the rant that everything white is wrong you cannot deny that is not happening. Stop telling white kids they are oppressors and telling black kids they are oppressed. Teaching history the good the bad the ugly is fine but stop with the whitey owes us something mentality. Democrats better start learning that most people are either center left or center right. Extremes on both sides won't be tolerated.

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-politics/virgi ... ght-there/
 
cairns
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:59 pm

The Dems are the ones pushing CRT as well as saying things like "defund the police", "there are too many white teachers" and "parents shouldn't have a say in what their kids are taught" all of which is anathema to the average voter.

Telling a six year old white kid he's an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for the atrocities in Manila or the attack on Pearl Harbour. The Dems fail to understand that and they will keep losing as long as they push that BS.

Add all that to a President suffering from dementia who fails to understand the economy or foreign relations, inflation, rising gas prices, shutting down domestic oil production, open borders and a "green new deal" and you'll be witnessing a Republican landslide.

The extremist views of Seb146 and others make it clear they still don't get it. Blaming Trump and the right wing media is just plain stupid and is not a message the average voter is going to buy.
Last edited by cairns on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 2082
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:10 pm

cairns wrote:

Saying a six year old white kid is an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for Manila or Pearl Harbor. The Dems, for whatever reason, don't understand that. Your statements make that clear.


Yet curriculums teach WW2, including to Japanese-Americans, some of whom likely had older relatives who represented the Empire during that time or even placed in internment camps.

I know the GOP would never consider ending WW2 history because it might hurt some Japanese-American's feelings.

Getting back on topic from a review of the campaign, it seems Youngkin used in his campaign a "concerned" conservative mother who wants the Toni Morrison book "Beloved" banned from schools, a book that was required reading in late 1990's high school English curriculums. CRT is now becoming an issue simply beyond the Lincoln project. What other books does the GOP plan to burn?

Toni Morrison's 'Beloved' becomes latest flashpoint in Virginia gubernatorial race

Source: CNN
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:13 pm

MohawkWeekend wrote:
FGITD wrote:
casinterest wrote:


"And above all else, the issue comes down to the government not governing for the people anymore. Look at Joe Manchin, the centrist hero. People in his own state overwhelmingly approved of Biden’s infrastructure plan (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... an-popular) and YET…Manchin says no. I’m sure it has nothing to do with those lobbyists checks from Exxon, or his daughter being a major player in pharmaceuticals.


Not even close. Manchin has made it clear that he is for the infrastructure plan but against the larger social issues one. In fact, he was just on TV railing against his Democratic colleagues who are holding infrastructure hostage to the second bill.



Not even close. There is no Social issues in the spending.
Manchin is holding it up for a full accounting of the Economic Impact of the spending from the CBO.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/579 ... nding-bill
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:14 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Yeah only except that the it's in the Virginia Dept of Education website. Again disingenuous liberals keep trying to say CRT is not being taught to kids. Well it is certainly being instructed to it's teaching staff. Liberals have been ramming race and gender issues down everyone's throat for the last few years and regular people are sick of it. You start messing with the kids now it's a real problem. I won't speak to Virginia but progressives are on the rant that everything white is wrong you cannot deny that is not happening. Stop telling white kids they are oppressors and telling black kids they are oppressed. Teaching history the good the bad the ugly is fine but stop with the whitey owes us something mentality. Democrats better start learning that most people are either center left or center right. Extremes on both sides won't be tolerated.

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-politics/virgi ... ght-there/

Fail.

Did you even read the article and the links?

I have only had a few minutes since I am at work but so far there is nothing showing it is being taught in the schools. Only discussions about it and the race elements and excerpts of the book titles and description.

Again, the RW pundits again trying to make something out of nothing and succeeding because people are not reading.

Tugg
 
cairns
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:14 pm

That's an incredibly ridiculous statement. Equating teaching WW2 to CRT and stating the Republican's don't want to teach the former is beyond stupid. You're obviously a liberal who fails to understand why you're losing.

The conservative mother and "Beloved" is just a straw man and that's apparently all you've got.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 pm

cairns wrote:
The Dems are the ones pushing CRT as well as saying things like "defund the police", "there are too many white teachers" and "parents shouldn't have a say in what their kids are taught" all of which is anathema to the average voter.

Telling a six year old white kid he's an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for the atrocities in Manila or the attack on Pearl Harbour. The Dems fail to understand that and they will keep losing as long as they push that BS.

Add all that to a President suffering from dementia who fails to understand the economy or foreign relations, inflation, rising gas prices, shutting down domestic oil production, open borders and a "green new deal" and you'll be witnessing a Republican landslide.

The extremist views of Seb146 and others make it clear they still don't get it. Blaming Trump and the right wing media is just plain stupid and is not a message the average voter is going to buy.


All of this is lies pushed by Right wing media. There is not an ounce of truth about your 6 year old white kid story. Not an ounce of truth to your dementia lies. If that is how you are really thinking, then this country is doomed to repeat what 1930's Germany, Italy, and Japan did .
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:17 pm

cairns wrote:
Telling a six year old white kid he's an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for the atrocities in Manila or the attack on Pearl Harbour.

Where exactly is that happening? Sources please (actually verifiable ones).

Tugg
 
cairns
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:17 pm

I'm laughing at the superior liberal intellect...it really is too funny watching you libs flail around and blame everything except your own extreme and outdated views.

Jeez why don't people like us??? I want sources....waa was waa.
Last edited by cairns on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:17 pm

cairns wrote:
That's an incredibly ridiculous statement. Equating teaching WW2 to CRT and stating the Republican's don't want to teach the former is beyond stupid. You're obviously a liberal who fails to understand why you're losing.

The conservative mother and "Beloved" is just a straw man and that's apparently all you've got.

Straw man? Like the claim that CRT is being taught?

Tugg
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:18 pm

cairns wrote:
Jeez why don't people like us???

Who is us? I like us just fine. An awful lot in fact.

Tugg
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8939
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:19 pm

casinterest wrote:
Let's congratulate the GOP. They won on broad messages of racism, lies, and anti-educational agendas in an off election year. It will probably create more firestorms going into 2022 and 2024.

In Virginia the items that put Youngkin over the top were probably the grocery tax and suspension of the Gas Tax. A hard right swing on the social agenda , which will happen, will probably galvanize the Democrats in 2022 in the state


Yes because people I don’t like are irredeemably racist and uneducated proles. I’m smarter and morally superior to them.
 
cairns
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Us is the average voter. Geez you don't even get that, do you? And it's pretty clear you don't like the average voter.
 
cairns
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:23 pm

casinterest wrote:
cairns wrote:
The Dems are the ones pushing CRT as well as saying things like "defund the police", "there are too many white teachers" and "parents shouldn't have a say in what their kids are taught" all of which is anathema to the average voter.

Telling a six year old white kid he's an oppressor and is responsible for slavery is like telling a six year old Japanese kid he's responsible for the atrocities in Manila or the attack on Pearl Harbour. The Dems fail to understand that and they will keep losing as long as they push that BS.

Add all that to a President suffering from dementia who fails to understand the economy or foreign relations, inflation, rising gas prices, shutting down domestic oil production, open borders and a "green new deal" and you'll be witnessing a Republican landslide.

The extremist views of Seb146 and others make it clear they still don't get it. Blaming Trump and the right wing media is just plain stupid and is not a message the average voter is going to buy.


All of this is lies pushed by Right wing media. There is not an ounce of truth about your 6 year old white kid story. Not an ounce of truth to your dementia lies. If that is how you are really thinking, then this country is doomed to repeat what 1930's Germany, Italy, and Japan did .



Keep flailing and you'll keep losing. Don't say I didn't warn you.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: 2021 US Elections.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:24 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Let's congratulate the GOP. They won on broad messages of racism, lies, and anti-educational agendas in an off election year. It will probably create more firestorms going into 2022 and 2024.

In Virginia the items that put Youngkin over the top were probably the grocery tax and suspension of the Gas Tax. A hard right swing on the social agenda , which will happen, will probably galvanize the Democrats in 2022 in the state


Yes because people I don’t like are irredeemably racist and uneducated proles. I’m smarter and morally superior to them.


No. That s the thinking of a deep personally motivated conservative.

The thinking of a compassionate conservative/long term motivated fiscal conservative/social liberal is:
In the long run, the education will be worse, and the people will be worse off voting for people that understand that they can take advantage of people that don't understand the ramifications of the votes they are making.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airtechy, Bing [Bot], NIKV69, Scorpio and 11 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos